PDA

View Full Version : Barnett's opinion if Favre goes to MINN

digitaldean
05-06-2009, 10:14 PM
From JSO and from Twitter (where Nick Barnett posts).....

Thoughts on frave... Well didn't want to comment but hey anyways I think he should do what ever he feels is in his heart.. But once he puts that purple (on) He will become an enemy which is all part of the game.. It's hard to imagine him doing that. But if it's in his head...

Interesting take from a player's perspective.

Waldo
05-06-2009, 10:22 PM
His latest Tweet:

NickBarnett - Good night everyone love all the comments!!! By the way your either with us or against us!!!!

Joemailman
05-06-2009, 10:55 PM
From JSO and from Twitter (where Nick Barnett posts).....

Thoughts on frave... Well didn't want to comment but hey anyways I think he should do what ever he feels is in his heart.. But once he puts that purple (on) He will become an enemy which is all part of the game.. It's hard to imagine him doing that. But if it's in his head...

Interesting take from a player's perspective.

Barnett's take is pretty much mine, and I would argue, Favre would probably concur.

BallHawk
05-06-2009, 10:55 PM
NickBarnett - Good night everyone love all the comments!!! By the way your either with us or against us!!!!
http://socialpsych.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/grammar-police-arrest-this-man1.gif

HarveyWallbangers
05-06-2009, 11:02 PM
http://twitter.com/nickbarnett

Partial
05-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Anyone know how his rehab is coming? I'm excited for Barnett Beast to get unleashed this year.

Deputy Nutz
05-06-2009, 11:08 PM
This is my take on the Favre situation. If there is a team that wants him to play quarterback and he still wants to play ball why shouldn't he? The Packers do not want Favre anymore, we have no claim on him, he is no longer a Packer, he is just another NFL player, love him or hate him, your opinion of him should change simply because he has on another uniform even if it is purple.

DannoMac21
05-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Anyone know how his rehab is coming? I'm excited for Barnett Beast to get unleashed this year.

This thread isn't about his rehab, it's about him talking about a free agent over the hill quarterback who probably has a vagina.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 11:35 PM
i dont think barnett is good AT ALL very disappointed in him b/c he showed great promise as a yute but he has heart of tin man. or is the lion...?

EXACTLY!

so he should shut up and do more squats

if only he wasnt from whack west side he'd have more uumph

GrnBay007
05-06-2009, 11:41 PM
This is my take on the Favre situation. If there is a team that wants him to play quarterback and he still wants to play ball why shouldn't he? The Packers do not want Favre anymore, we have no claim on him, he is no longer a Packer, he is just another NFL player, love him or hate him, your opinion of him shouldn't change simply because he has on another uniform even if it is purple.

:tup:

I'm amazed at how much anger there is here by some over this situation. Most that are angry are posting things involving how happy they are to NOT have Favre anymore........so why be angry then?

th87
05-06-2009, 11:43 PM
This is my take on the Favre situation. If there is a team that wants him to play quarterback and he still wants to play ball why shouldn't he? The Packers do not want Favre anymore, we have no claim on him, he is no longer a Packer, he is just another NFL player, love him or hate him, your opinion of him should change simply because he has on another uniform even if it is purple.

Because there's a little more to the story than just that?

If we deal in oversimplifying, The Patriots were using video cameras, and Michael Vick bred dogs. All technically true.

Gunakor
05-06-2009, 11:48 PM
This is my take on the Favre situation. If there is a team that wants him to play quarterback and he still wants to play ball why shouldn't he? The Packers do not want Favre anymore, we have no claim on him, he is no longer a Packer, he is just another NFL player, love him or hate him, your opinion of him shouldn't change simply because he has on another uniform even if it is purple.

:tup:

I'm amazed at how much anger there is here by some over this situation. Most that are angry are posting things involving how happy they are to NOT have Favre anymore........so why be angry then?

It's not what he could do or couldn't do. It's what he wants to do. It's his intent. Even if it's just part of his decision, it's part of his decision. Many of us take issue with that.

GrnBay007
05-06-2009, 11:54 PM
It's not what he could do or couldn't do. It's what he wants to do. It's his intent. Even if it's just part of his decision, it's part of his decision. Many of us take issue with that.

Are you 100% sure you know his intent?

Gunakor
05-06-2009, 11:55 PM

I'm 100% sure I know part of his intent, and that's good enough for me. You can't possibly tell me that getting even isn't even part of his reasoning.

Deputy Nutz
05-07-2009, 12:10 AM

If we deal in oversimplifying, The Patriots were using video cameras, and Michael Vick bred dogs. All technically true.

You know what, I could give you a whole shit load of details you just don't want to digest, so piss off. I debated this issue enough, this is my opinion and if you think I am just a Favre apologist, again you can piss off.

I guess Mike McCarthy was just oversimplifying when he said the same thing about a week ago?

The Packers have moved on, why don't you?

Lurker64
05-07-2009, 12:14 AM

I've moved on, which is why I'll hate him and hope he fails and embarasses himself if he puts on that purple uniform, the same way I feel towards everybody else who wears that purple uniform.

I mean, at least Adrian Peterson has shown himself to be a good guy... Favre? Not so much over the past couple years.

th87
05-07-2009, 12:19 AM

You know what, I could give you a whole shit load of details you just don't want to digest, so piss off. I debated this issue enough, this is my opinion and if you think I am just a Favre apologist, again you can piss off.

I guess Mike McCarthy was just oversimplifying when he said the same thing about a week ago?

I've followed your posting and find your takes to be reasonable. I don't understand the vitriol. I was just illustrating what I consider to be the logical fallacy in your post in a tongue-in-cheek fashion. Nothing personal.

Also, the Packers are taking the high road. I have no such public relations standard.

mission
05-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Ahem, from earlier today...

tonymission @nickbarnett i hope you and the rest of that front 7 put favre on his ass all day.. run a couple INTs back for 6 just like the good ol days too

:twisted:

Zool
05-07-2009, 02:55 AM
NickBarnett - By the way your either with us or against us!!!!

I said this yesterday. Fuck yeah Nick. Educate some peeps.

Bretsky
05-07-2009, 06:30 AM

I'd agree with this take; if you take emotions out of it it makes sense.

TravisWilliams23
05-07-2009, 06:35 AM
For 16 years Brett was the Green Bay Packers quarterback. He was my quarterback. I pulled for him every game because if he did good, the Green Bab Packers usually won.
Last year as a Jet I could root for Brett to play good because it didn't affect the Packers. As a matter of fact, the better he/the Jets played, the better off it was for the Packers because of the draft pick involved.

If he does become a Minnesota Viking I will hope he fails miserably because the Vikings are a divisional rival. This should be a no brainer to any Packers fan. It's usually good for your team if a rival team sucks!

I'm not concerned with Brett's legacy or TT looking bad or good.

I want the Green Bay Packers to win the Super Bowl every year!
Screw the Vikings and screw all the Viking players.
I'm a PACKERS FAN!

RashanGary
05-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Changed my mind on Barnett. I hope he starts. He's got the right attitude.

b bulldog
05-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Nice to see how the same apologists for the big baby are still willing to go to bat for him. I hope he goes to the Vikings and I hope the Packers D breaks him in half and hangs another 6 pics on his record of interceptions.

Scott Campbell
05-07-2009, 08:21 AM

When he said he wanted to come back for the wrong reasons - within the division, so he could stick it to the Packers, I tend to believe this:

He wants to come back for the wrong reasons, within the division so he can stick it to the Packers.

Harlan Huckleby
05-07-2009, 08:29 AM
I think there is one detail that has been overlooked: in the reports, MN wants Favre to participate fully in the minicamps, be the guy right away.

I seriously doubt that Favre's arm is good-to-go now. He probably needs to take May and June off for additional recovery period. I think that issue alone is likely a deal breaker. My intitial reaction to all this was that Favre was going to play - starting with late July training camp. But now I'm thinking he is unlikely to return.

Wait a sec...... He can go on Gretta Van Sustern in August and claim that Childress tricked him. Shed a few tears, talk about how MN seemed like home to him when he visited. IT just might work.

Green Bud Packer
05-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Barnett bleeds Green and Gold. Favre bleeds Favre.

When he refused to mentor Rodgers I lost a lot of respect for #4

sheepshead
05-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Either way, who bets Childress is unemployed in a year?

Scott Campbell
05-07-2009, 08:32 AM
I think the Vikings are going to have to step up the sucking up if they expect his Favreness to play for them.

Fritz
05-07-2009, 09:06 AM
I think there is one detail that has been overlooked: in the reports, MN wants Favre to participate fully in the minicamps, be the guy right away.

I seriously doubt that Favre's arm is good-to-go now. He probably needs to take May and June off for additional recovery period. I think that issue alone is likely a deal breaker. My intitial reaction to all this was that Favre was going to play - starting with late July training camp. But now I'm thinking he is unlikely to return.

Wait a sec...... He can go on Gretta Van Sustern in August and claim that Childress tricked him. Shed a few tears, talk about how MN seemed like home to him when he visited. IT just might work.

I see this one differently, Blue Dog/former U-M and GBP running back: I see the surgery as the very thing that'll get Favre out of full participation in mini-camps. My guess would be that he could argue convincingly that the surgery is a necessity if he's going to play again, but sure, he can come up for some of the mini-camp stuff - the classroom stuff.

That way, both sides claim victory. Favre gets more time off in the offseason than most players, the Vikings can look "tough" - see, we made him come into minicamps.

This is, of course, rampant speculation. But I'm bored.

cpk1994
05-07-2009, 10:24 AM

Are you 100% sure you know his intent?Have you been in a coma the last year? He already admitted once he wants to play for the Vikings to stick it to Ted? Why would that change? Good grief!

MOBB DEEP
05-07-2009, 10:29 AM

good stuff dn

Deputy Nutz
05-07-2009, 10:32 AM

Regardless of motive. If he is motivated to stick it to Thompson, and he is willing to come in for all OTAs and camps, then I think the Vikings landed a lunker. If Favre half asses it in getting ready for the season then the Vikings should go with Sage.

I am a Packer fan, true, but it still doesn't mean I have to be a Kool aid drinking follower of the organization and force myself to agree with every decision that the organization makes. Again this has nothing to do with the Packers anymore, if Favre stinks as bad as all of you claim then where is the problem? Suddenly our front seven is as bad ass as the Steelers and the Patriots combined with all the talk of these guys crushing Brett Favre. Laughable, kool aid drinking fools. Reality please, reality. A poor defense in 2008, especially in the front seven making a dramatic change on defense in 2009 is all of a sudden going to crush the Vikings offensive line, one of the better lines in football I might add.

KYPack
05-07-2009, 10:34 AM

I see this one differently, Blue Dog/former U-M and GBP running back: I see the surgery as the very thing that'll get Favre out of full participation in mini-camps. My guess would be that he could argue convincingly that the surgery is a necessity if he's going to play again, but sure, he can come up for some of the mini-camp stuff - the classroom stuff.

That way, both sides claim victory. Favre gets more time off in the offseason than most players, the Vikings can look "tough" - see, we made him come into minicamps.

This is, of course, rampant speculation. But I'm bored.

The only deal there is, Brett hates both surgery and "mini-camps". (The term "mini-camp" is now defunct, eh?)

MOBB DEEP
05-07-2009, 10:46 AM
so no barnett talk? for what its worth i think he's a wanabe tough guy

i wish pack would draft cats with more of an edge like studs from the U

bobblehead
05-07-2009, 10:57 AM

When he said he wanted to come back for the wrong reasons - within the division, so he could stick it to the Packers, I tend to believe this:

He wants to come back for the wrong reasons, within the division so he can stick it to the Packers.

I think you are reading WAY too much into his words....

RashanGary
05-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Regardless of motive. If he is motivated to stick it to Thompson, and he is willing to come in for all OTAs and camps, then I think the Vikings landed a lunker. If Favre half asses it in getting ready for the season then the Vikings should go with Sage.

I am a Packer fan, true, but it still doesn't mean I have to be a Kool aid drinking follower of the organization and force myself to agree with every decision that the organization makes. Again this has nothing to do with the Packers anymore, if Favre stinks as bad as all of you claim then where is the problem? Suddenly our front seven is as bad ass as the Steelers and the Patriots combined with all the talk of these guys crushing Brett Favre. Laughable, kool aid drinking fools. Reality please, reality. A poor defense in 2008, especially in the front seven making a dramatic change on defense in 2009 is all of a sudden going to crush the Vikings offensive line, one of the better lines in football I might add.

Boo. Go follow the Vikings, chump.

HarveyWallbangers
05-07-2009, 11:34 AM
DP

HarveyWallbangers
05-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Suddenly our front seven is as bad ass as the Steelers and the Patriots combined with all the talk of these guys crushing Brett Favre. Laughable, kool aid drinking fools. Reality please, reality. A poor defense in 2008, especially in the front seven making a dramatic change on defense in 2009 is all of a sudden going to crush the Vikings offensive line, one of the better lines in football I might add.

I could see the front seven being a strength. As good as the Steelers and Patriots? Unlikely. But adding Capers, Raji, and Matthews (maybe even Kevin Carter) should help. Having full health from Jenkins, Pickett, Hawk, and Barnett would help also. I don't think that's kool-aid drinking. The front 7 with Kampman, Pickett, Williams, Jenkins, DL depth, Hawk, Barnett, and Poppinga was solid. This front 7 with the scheme change has the potential to be better. AP is awesome, but I don't buy that the Vikings have this great OL. Hutchinson is great. McKinnie is overrated by solid. They have an average RG in Herrera, a first year starter at C, and a rookie at RT.

Gunakor
05-07-2009, 11:37 AM

I interpreted his words the same way. How would you interpret this statement?

SnakeLH2006
05-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Snakes quote of the night:

Fuck a Twitter (aka meaningless babble shit...most worthless Internet add-on/invention EVER).

I don't care what cereal you are eating!!! :evil:

cpk1994
05-09-2009, 07:30 AM

I am a Packer fan, true, but it still doesn't mean I have to be a Kool aid drinking follower of the organization and force myself to agree with every decision that the organization makes. Again this has nothing to do with the Packers anymore, if Favre stinks as bad as all of you claim then where is the problem? Suddenly our front seven is as bad ass as the Steelers and the Patriots combined with all the talk of these guys crushing Brett Favre. Laughable, kool aid drinking fools. Reality please, reality. A poor defense in 2008, especially in the front seven making a dramatic change on defense in 2009 is all of a sudden going to crush the Vikings offensive line, one of the better lines in football I might add.The Packers last year were one Crosby missed FG from sweeping the Vikes with Sanders at the helm of the D. Also remember Lard ass twins and their possibe suspensions. That OL? The Packers handled it fine last year also. There is ample reason to believe the Packers will beat them, even if they have Favre.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-09-2009, 06:02 PM

I see. Now you are doing nuance.

What happened to the Bobble we all know? The bobble that took what people said at face value. :oops:

Merlin
05-11-2009, 02:11 PM

I agree. I already watch most of the NFC North games so my time watching the NFL would decrease if he was in the NFC North again. Not so sure I would buy a jersey or not, I have said before that I would buy a red practice one that had the Vikings logo on it, because I hate the Vikings Uni's.

The bitterness of some people here is amazing. And since Favre is so hated and everyone hates all of the drama he supposedly brings, then why are there so many threads and posts about the guy? Favre hasn't been a Packer for a full season now and there are still more posts about him then any other single player. He isn't "controversial", much of the "soap opera" stuff is media generated, I mean really the guy can't go buy a gallon of milk without someone reporting on it: "Today, Favre bought 2% milk, this means he will not be coming back to the NFL." or "Today, Favre bought skim milk which could be an indication he is getting his body in shape to make yet a another comeback". Also, every true sports fan can find a bunch of players on different teams they like, no matter what team they are on: Walter Payton was a Bear, Barry Sanders was a Lion, Adrian Peterson is a Viking, and I am sure EVERYONE who would hate Favre if he played for the Vikings, also hates all of those "other" players too, and players on every other team the Packers play.

Unreal, leave the guy be, if he wants to play then that's his choice, at least until Obama nationalizes the NFL.

Bossman641
05-11-2009, 02:24 PM

I agree. I already watch most of the NFC North games so my time watching the NFL would decrease if he was in the NFC North again. Not so sure I would buy a jersey or not, I have said before that I would buy a red practice one that had the Vikings logo on it, because I hate the Vikings Uni's.

The bitterness of some people here is amazing. And since Favre is so hated and everyone hates all of the drama he supposedly brings, then why are there so many threads and posts about the guy? Favre hasn't been a Packer for a full season now and there are still more posts about him then any other single player. He isn't "controversial", much of the "soap opera" stuff is media generated, I mean really the guy can't go buy a gallon of milk without someone reporting on it: "Today, Favre bought 2% milk, this means he will not be coming back to the NFL." or "Today, Favre bought skim milk which could be an indication he is getting his body in shape to make yet a another comeback". Also, every true sports fan can find a bunch of players on different teams they like, no matter what team they are on: Walter Payton was a Bear, Barry Sanders was a Lion, Adrian Peterson is a Viking, and I am sure EVERYONE who would hate Favre if he played for the Vikings, also hates all of those "other" players too, and players on every other team the Packers play.

Unreal, leave the guy be, if he wants to play then that's his choice, at least until Obama nationalizes the NFL.

Spare me the BS about the media creating these stories and Favre being a helpless victim of circumstance. If he wanted to end the speculation and soap opera, he would come out and speak or actually say what he is planning to do and not lie about it. He eats this stuff up. Why do you think he let everyone around him do the talking last offseason while he stayed silent?

cheesner
05-11-2009, 02:28 PM

Unreal, leave the guy be, if he wants to play then that's his choice, at least until Obama nationalizes the NFL.Hate is such a nasty word.

"Don't give a shit" would be a far better description. I didn't care about Sanders, Payton, or currently Peterson while they played. I never cheered for any of them, they were opponents of the team I rooted for. Only after they retired I could look back on their careers and appreciate/respect their play.

As far as Favre goes, he brings this shit on himself. If he wouldn't speak with all sorts of legal Clintonesque loopholes, if he hadn't changed his mind a hundred times, if he hadn't drug out his decision making every season for months on end, if he wouldn't . . . then there wouldn't be all this media attention and speculation.

Gunakor
05-11-2009, 02:37 PM

Wants to play, fine. But ask yourself, how badly does he want to play another season? If the Vikings told him they didn't want him, would he call Dan Snyder about an opportunity in Washington? Would he play for anyone, as long as he could play again?

No.

He only wants to play if he can play for the Vikings. The media didn't create this out of thin air, that's the way it really is. Why, do you suppose, Favre would only be willing to play another season if it was for a certain team in particular that the Packers play twice a year?

That's the problem.

Deputy Nutz
05-11-2009, 02:38 PM

I am a Packer fan, true, but it still doesn't mean I have to be a Kool aid drinking follower of the organization and force myself to agree with every decision that the organization makes. Again this has nothing to do with the Packers anymore, if Favre stinks as bad as all of you claim then where is the problem? Suddenly our front seven is as bad ass as the Steelers and the Patriots combined with all the talk of these guys crushing Brett Favre. Laughable, kool aid drinking fools. Reality please, reality. A poor defense in 2008, especially in the front seven making a dramatic change on defense in 2009 is all of a sudden going to crush the Vikings offensive line, one of the better lines in football I might add.The Packers last year were one Crosby missed FG from sweeping the Vikes with Sanders at the helm of the D. Also remember Lard ass twins and their possibe suspensions. That OL? The Packers handled it fine last year also. There is ample reason to believe the Packers will beat them, even if they have Favre.

The Packers defense was playing pretty well in that game, one touchdown from Collins and then a punt return for a touchdown from Blackmon that put them ahead. The defense then fell apart and couldn't stop the run with less than 5 minutes left to go in the game. The offense was extremely horrible in that game. Rodgers was pretty bad in the face of a fierce pass rush all day. Then they caught a break in their last series. Rodgers threw a ball off a Viking's helmet which landed in Drivers arms. Instead of trying to move the football McCarthy sat on the ball and expect to win the game on a 50+ yard field goal. Horrible game management by McCarthy, same with the last game of the season.

It seemed what could go wrong in 2008 did go wrong. Without a proven and consistent QB in Minnesota, I pick the divison going 1. Bears, 2. Packers, 3. Vikings, 4. Detroit.

Packers should finish above .500 if the defense plays as well if not better than last year, the latter I expect to happen. Playoffs should be considered an attainable goal for this franchise.

Again my only problem with Thompson up until this point has to do strictly with Favre. I like how he approaches free agency, and how he uses the draft. I really liked how he used his picks this year regardless of the players he selected. His team is loaded with young players that need a chance, what is the point in cutting a 2nd year or 3rd year player for a rookie? Time to start drafting potential and going after premium players in the draft.

Noodle
05-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Um, pretty sure Bobblehead was being sarcastic (note the all caps "WAY").

They really need to invent a "I'm being sarcastic" emoticon.

cpk1994
05-11-2009, 04:38 PM

Spare me the BS about the media creating these stories and Favre being a helpless victim of circumstance. If he wanted to end the speculation and soap opera, he would come out and speak or actually say what he is planning to do and not lie about it. He eats this stuff up. Why do you think he let everyone around him do the talking last offseason while he stayed silent?

:bclap: :tup:

MOBB DEEP
05-18-2009, 11:11 PM

DITO!

haters abound

way more important issues to champion other than "favre needs to stop being a diva!"

simple minded ppl abound too

Scott Campbell
05-19-2009, 12:01 AM
If he puts that filthy purple helmet on even one time, he'll forever be a traitor as far as I'm concerned. I'll boo him if they retire his number. I'll boo him at his HOF induction. And I'll boo him when they trot him out with the 96 Superbowl team.

cpk1994
05-19-2009, 09:36 AM

DITO!

haters abound

way more important issues to champion other than "favre needs to stop being a diva!"

simple minded ppl abound tooKind of hard to avoid Favre when you jack Favre threads to the top and mkake sure he stays at the top of page one. Aso, its Ditto.

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 10:28 AM

DITO!

haters abound

Favre's pretty simple minded too, wouldn't you agree? Just as simple minded as any of us, if not moreso IMO. We are just on opposite sides of the spectrum now. Favre has brought this on himself. The only people he has left in his corner are the ones who wholeheartedly agree that Favre was 100% correct and that Green Bay was 100% wrong. Even the ones who feel both were at fault in the mess have turned on Favre because he just wont let it go.

I'll ask this question again, since none of you staunch Favre supporters had answered it when posed earlier in the thread. How much of Favre's potential decision to play for the Vikings this year have to do specifically with playing football again, versus getting even with the Packers? My example I gave earlier, and I'll give it again: Suppose Minnesota turned him down, saying they were going forward with Rosenfels as the starting QB. In this scenario, is Favre's desire to play football great enough that he'd call Dan Snyder in Washington about a starting gig for the Skins even though that'd mean he wouldn't get his 2 shots at the Packers? Is it even about playing football, to the extent that he'd play for anybody as long as he could play? Or is it about playing for one specific team?

He wants to beat the Packers. That's the motivating factor. He's not going to play for another team if he doesn't get to play the Packers. That's all it is. That's where the anger and the hatred from Packer fans comes into play. It's petty vindictiveness. I'd treat anyone else who acted this way the same.

So you want us to let it go - fine, but he has to let it go also. Why are we in the wrong when neither has let it go? He is not better than us! We treated him like royalty - wait, no, we treated him like a bloody saint for 16 years. And because he has a problem with ONE GUY in the organization, he's gotta try to get back at EVERYONE associated with the franchise. If and when he beats the Packers, the loss will be felt by more than just Ted Thompson. It will be felt by the Donald Drivers, the Aaron Kampmans, the Chad Cliftons, etc. Oh, and it will be felt by the fans too - which is why we won't let it go until he does. It's all on him.

Zool
05-19-2009, 10:35 AM
DITO!

haters abound

You only come here to talk about Favre...nothing else. Talk about simple minded.