PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News on Brett Favre!

Pages : [1] 2

Pacopete4
05-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Brett Favre reports of staying retired is untrue. Favre will see a doctor and if he does not need major surgery, he will most likely sign with the Vikings.

Like most said on the boards.. this thing is probably long from over.

Harlan Huckleby
05-08-2009, 02:26 PM
I think its cool that the news was broken here at PackerRats.com.

BlueBrewer
05-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Brett Favre reports of staying retired is untrue. Favre will see a doctor and if he does not need major surgery, he will most likely sign with the Vikings.

Source...... :roll:

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Kindo of funny how no media outlet is reporting this. Not even Florio. I guess what I am saying is Pete, either porovide proof or STFU troll.

Pacopete4
05-08-2009, 02:34 PM
they just talked about it on SportsCenter... im not lying at all, CPK ur a fucking douche bag motherfucking faggot...

no but really... they just talked about it on sportscenter saying he never said no to playin this year and that if he has to have major surgery on the tendon, or anything other than microscopic, he wont come back...

cheesner
05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
they just talked about it on SportsCenter... im not lying at all, CPK ur a fucking douche bag motherfucking faggot...

no but really... they just talked about it on sportscenter saying he never said no to playin this year and that if he has to have major surgery on the tendon, or anything other than microscopic, he wont come back...He never retired after all? :roll:

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 02:39 PM

no but really... they just talked about it on sportscenter saying he never said no to playin this year and that if he has to have major surgery on the tendon, or anything other than microscopic, he wont come back...All ESPN has righbt now is FAvre is having his X-Ray's evaluated.

cheesner
05-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Vikings | Evaluating Favre's X-rays
Comment (0)
Fri, 08 May 2009 12:29:22 -0700
Jeremy Schaap, of ESPN, reports X-rays of retired QB Brett Favre's (shoulder) right shoulder have been sent to the Minnesota Vikings for evaluation. If the Vikings determine Favre will not need major surgery, Favre will join the Vikings as their starting quarterback.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

BlueBrewer
05-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Comment (0)
Jeremy Schaap, of ESPN, reports X-rays of retired QB Brett Favre's (shoulder) right shoulder have been sent to the Minnesota Vikings for evaluation. If the Vikings determine Favre will not need major surgery, Favre will join the Vikings as their starting quarterback.

Brett.....you are dead to me. :( :( :(

sheepshead
05-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Mother Puss Bucket.

Scott Campbell
05-08-2009, 02:50 PM
I say we go sign Fran Tarkenton.

mission
05-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Ya that's why i didnt join you guys in that thread yesterday about him staying retired and oh brettie that's nice, come on in, let's get your number retired ASAP!!!

i knew it wasn't over.. and it still isn't.. so no, im not right, no one's right. this shit is just embarrassing as a Packer fan and as someone who used to think Brettie was so cool.

Kinda like when the whole baseball steroids thing starting coming out... I was a Bonds fan... disappointed the shit outta me.

Same sorta thing here. The guy is just a grade A choade.

Scott Campbell
05-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Somebody better put Ras back in protective custody.

cheesner
05-08-2009, 02:53 PM
No telling what to believe. If you look at everyone of Cooks comments and Brett's, you see they booth always are leaving loopholes.

What makes me think Brett is lying about planning on staying retired is that Mooch was talking on NFLN about his conversation he had with Favre. He said that he told Brett that if he was going to come back he should be testing the shoulder now, making some throws in the back yard. He then said that Brett laughed and said that was what Deanna told him. Which tells me that Brett has discussed coming back with his wife.

Pacopete4
05-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Comment (0)

CPK.. where are u to chirp at me? Oh, thats right you look like the dipshit that you are! Thanks for playin.. u fuckin troll :trll:

Fosco33
05-08-2009, 02:57 PM
As a future ViKING - he's a major Drama QUEEN.

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Comment (0)

CPK.. where are u to chirp at me? Oh, thats right you look like the dipshit you are! Thanks for playin.. u fuckin troll :trll:It seems your banning didn't didn't do any good. You still act like a 4 year old.

That siad, when you make claims and don't provide a source, you are gonna get called on it. Especially you, an admitted troll.

Pacopete4
05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Comment (0)

CPK.. where are u to chirp at me? Oh, thats right you look like the dipshit you are! Thanks for playin.. u fuckin troll :trll:It seems your banning didn't didn't do any good. You still act like a 4 year old.

That siad, when you make claims and don't provide a source, you are gonna get called on it. Especially you, an admitted troll.

Says the guy who was wrong..

Pacopete4
05-08-2009, 03:03 PM
ESPN right now....

Favre EAGER to return to the NFL and the Vikings.

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Comment (0)

Says the guy who was wrong..How was I wwong. I asked you to provide a source. You did.

I will point out that this report, like the others, has not been confirmed by the Vikings or Favre. So this is just as much speculation as the others.

Scott Campbell
05-08-2009, 03:21 PM
I asked you to provide a source. You did.

Just a wild guess, but it may have had something to do with how you asked.

I'm just glad Harlan and I never fought like this.

Cheesehead Craig
05-08-2009, 03:21 PM
I say we go sign Fran Tarkenton.
That will show them! :lol:

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 03:22 PM

I'm just glad Harlan and I never fought like this.I'm not wrong about that either. Paco has admitted he is a troll. That started the road to him getting banned.

sheepshead
05-08-2009, 03:22 PM
ESPN right now....

I'm EAGER for Raji to bury his sorry ass in the Lambeau turf.

Rastak
05-08-2009, 03:29 PM
ESPN right now....

I eager for Hutchinson to stand his ass straight up play after play.

:D

On a more serious note, I am now beginning to fully understand all the bitching and complaining about this dude and his endless waffling you guys did.........holy shit. Make a fucking decision.

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 03:30 PM
ESPN right now....

On a more serious note, I am now beginning to fully understand all the bitching and complaining about this dude and his endless waffling you guys did.........holy shit. Make a fucking decision.Better late than never, Ras! :lol:

Scott Campbell
05-08-2009, 03:30 PM
ESPN right now....

On a more serious note, I am now beginning to fully understand all the bitching and complaining about this dude and his endless waffling you guys did.........holy shit. Make a fucking decision.

Get ready - the freak show may be coming to town. Given the age you're getting him at, you'll probably relate better to the Jet fans on this than the Packer fans.

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 03:31 PM
ESPN right now....

Get ready - the freak show may be coming to town.Javon Kearse is becoming a Packer? :lol:

Rastak
05-08-2009, 03:32 PM
ESPN right now....

Get ready - the freak show may be coming to town. Given the age you're getting him at, you'll probably relate better to the Jet fans on this than the Packer fans.

That's got a very very high probability of truth to it.

Rastak
05-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I love this:

Favre, Childress talked on phone, nothing settled

Posted: May 8th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Brad Childress, Brett Favre, Minnesota Vikings, Scott Hanson

NFL Network’s Scott Hanson confirms that Brett Favre and Vikings coach Brad Childress had at least one phone conversation. But the talks were informal and exploratory. There was no absolute decision made either way to play for the Vikings or to stay retired.

At this point Favre is retired, but as his agent Bus Cook told Hanson yesterday, and another source told him today, Favre reserves his right to change his mind.

Hanson spent the day at the front entrance of Favre’s estate, but has been told that Favre will not comment publicly today or through the weekend.

Doesn't it get kinda hot in Mississippi to stand at his gate all day?

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 03:37 PM
I love this:

Favre, Childress talked on phone, nothing settled

Posted: May 8th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Brad Childress, Brett Favre, Minnesota Vikings, Scott Hanson

NFL Network’s Scott Hanson confirms that Brett Favre and Vikings coach Brad Childress had at least one phone conversation. But the talks were informal and exploratory. There was no absolute decision made either way to play for the Vikings or to stay retired.

At this point Favre is retired, but as his agent Bus Cook told Hanson yesterday, and another source told him today, Favre reserves his right to change his mind.

Hanson spent the day at the front entrance of Favre’s estate, but has been told that Favre will not comment publicly today or through the weekend.

Doesn't it get kinda hot in Mississippi to stand at his gate all day?I would think with all the blowing of Favre, that should keep the reporters cool. :lol:

RashanGary
05-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Knowing Brett, if he's coming back, he'll be ready.

He feels slighted by the Packers (Thompson and McCarthy in particular). He's absolutely NOT going to come into the division to be embarrassed. The Vikings have a pretty great team, minus the QB.

It's going to be a tough fight. Either way it will be entertaining, but everyone knows I have a dislike toward Favre. I really want the Packers to get the best of him.

Rastak
05-08-2009, 04:04 PM
I have a feeling you guys will be laughing your asses off over the next month. I'm already in the corner with my hands over my ears muttering "please make it go away"

HarveyWallbangers
05-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I have a feeling you guys will be laughing your asses off over the next month. I'm already in the corner with my hands over my ears muttering "please make it go away"

You've only had the circus for a couple of weeks. Imagine going through it for a few years.

Rastak
05-08-2009, 04:07 PM

You've only had the circus for a couple of weeks. Imagine going through it for a few years.

I have a newfound respect for you people. Most of you anyway!

MadScientist
05-08-2009, 04:19 PM

He feels slighted by the Packers (Thompson and McCarthy in particular). He's absolutely NOT going to come into the division to be embarrassed. The Vikings have a pretty great team, minus the QB.

It's going to be a tough fight. Either way it will be entertaining, but everyone knows I have a dislike toward Favre. I really want the Packers to get the best of him.
Even if he is ready, how long will he be able to stay effective? He'll play through anything, but he doesn't always play well.

If this isn't just another chain yanking I'll go with Barnett's attitude. Love what you did for the Packers, but put on the Barney-colored jersey and I want to see your back on the turf.

Fosco33
05-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I love all the media (and ESPN) coverage (praise, analysis) last night of how this 'decision' not to play was the right call... and then the sun set and came up again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4152783

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I love all the media (and ESPN) coverage (praise, analysis) last night of how this 'decision' not to play was the right call... and then the sun set and came up again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4152783I will say this, at least Gene W. finally admitted he kisses Favre's ass.

Joemailman
05-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Just wondering....Are the sources who say Favre has sent his x-rays to the Vikings any more reliable than the sources who said that Childress was traveling to Hattiesburg to meet with Favre? :huh:

pbmax
05-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Kindo of funny how no media outlet is reporting this. Not even Florio. I guess what I am saying is Pete, either porovide proof or STFU troll.
Good daily double here. Wrong and profane. Nice post. :roll:

HowardRoark
05-08-2009, 05:54 PM
New Bus Cook statement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AShBoF1FPSE

The Shadow
05-08-2009, 05:56 PM
I think major surgery on his head would be most necessary.

Bretsky
05-08-2009, 06:39 PM

televised on Channel 12 news tonight

Now be a good guy and give a hearty apology to Paco :!:

Bretsky
05-08-2009, 06:41 PM

I'm just glad Harlan and I never fought like this.

:bclap: :bclap: :idea: :idea:

Bretsky
05-08-2009, 06:43 PM

yup; pure crap to go into attack mode right away.

falco
05-08-2009, 06:49 PM
no offense, but with the exception of the return of SC, I have noticed an increase in the vitriolic posting here since the return of the banned.

falco
05-08-2009, 06:49 PM
and paco may be a troll, but you're just as bad CPK

Bretsky
05-08-2009, 06:52 PM
no offense, but with the exception of the return of SC, I have noticed an increase in the vitriolic posting here since the return of the banned.

Paco and cpk attack each other all the time. Pretty impossible IMO to consider one the cause. This Favre stuff brings out the worst in everyone.

So it makes sense that Favre's biggest hater would tassle with the the guy who defends him the most

Deputy Nutz
05-08-2009, 07:38 PM

Well you probably haven't noticed my excellent behavior since being released. I don't have an avatar, it is my probation

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 08:11 PM

Now be a good guy and give a hearty apology to Paco :!:At the time Paco made this claim without giving a source, I looked at all the major websites, Porfootballtalk.com, Yahoo.com JSO and others. Not one were reporting it. Between 35-45 miuntes after the claim was made did any site mention it. I don't need to offer an apology when I asked him to provide proof of his claim. Apparently, your reading comprehension is just as bad as pete's is. I owe him nothing.

The point is when you make a claijm like that you should be supplying a source. When you are an admitted troll like pete, that is an even more important guideline to be following.

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Just wondering....Are the sources who say Favre has sent his x-rays to the Vikings any more reliable than the sources who said that Childress was traveling to Hattiesburg to meet with Favre? :huh:Considering the network that broke this story was the same one breathlessly reporting that Childress was meeting with Favre in Mississippi while Fox 9 in Minneapolis was airing footage of Childress walking into Viking HQ in Minnesota, I would say they are about as reliable. In other words we don't know what the truth is.

Pacopete4
05-08-2009, 08:21 PM

Now be a good guy and give a hearty apology to Paco :!:At the time Paco made this claim without giving a source, I looked at all the major websites, Porfootballtalk.com, Yahoo.com JSO and others. Not one were reporting it. Between 35-45 miuntes after the claim was made did any site mention it. I don't need to offer an apology when I asked him to provide proof of his claim. Apparently, your reading comprehension is just as bad as pete's is. I owe him nothing.

The point is when you make a claijm like that you should be supplying a source. When you are an admitted troll like pete, that is an even more important guideline to be following.

How am I trolling? I posted something that broke live on ESPN for everyone to read. Yes, it was another Favre thread but hell theres already 13 other ones that didnt matter, I figured this one was actually credible. Why do you have to be such a dick to people? Honestly... stop and act civil. I'm not even taking a side with Favre or TT and youre still attacking me...and now Bretsky who seems to be a pretty cool person.. it makes zero sense.. so I'll ask again, stop please? Thank you.

falco
05-08-2009, 08:24 PM
The reason I think Favre sucks is that he totally shafted his teammates on the Jets. As opposed to last year, when he wanted to come back and play for the packers but we clearly didn't want him, its obvious he weaseled his way off the team this year. And that speaks volumes about his character.

MJZiggy
05-08-2009, 08:24 PM
The truly nice thing is that this isn't my problem any more.

falco
05-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Well you probably haven't noticed my excellent behavior since being released. I don't have an avatar, it is my probation

I thought you chose not to have an avatar as a statement?

And yes, I have noticed your good behavior.

Pacopete4
05-08-2009, 08:26 PM
The reason I think Favre sucks is that he totally shafted his teammates on the Jets. As opposed to last year, when he wanted to come back and play for the packers but we clearly didn't want him, its obvious he weaseled his way off the team this year. And that speaks volumes about his character.

How did he "weasel" his way off the team? He asked for his release, and they granted it to him. Now he's not even sure if he's coming back and hes a bad guy for listening to offers? The Jets had EVERY right to hold onto him if they wanted him as their QB, backup or starter, but they chose to release him, rather than to pay 13 million to him if he decided to come back.

falco
05-08-2009, 08:26 PM
The truly nice thing is that this isn't my problem any more.

Agreed...one of the reasons I argued for not brining BF back last year is because if we didn't cut the cord, we'd be dealing with the same BS again this year....when Rodgers would be in a contract year.

falco
05-08-2009, 08:27 PM

How did he "weasel" his way off the team? He asked for his release, and they granted it to him. Now he's not even sure if he's coming back and hes a bad guy for listening to offers? The Jets had EVERY right to hold onto him if they wanted him as their QB, backup or starter, but they chose to release him, rather than to pay 13 million to him if he decided to come back.

By retiring, forcing them to draft a QB of the future, and then asking for his release when he knew they couldn't afford to bring him back.

Pacopete4
05-08-2009, 08:33 PM

By retiring, forcing them to draft a QB of the future, and then asking for his release when he knew they couldn't afford to bring him back.

Oh come on, don't tell me they didnt know it was always a possibility of happening. They were 12 million under the cap and coulda make moves if they chose to. They didnt, and Favre got what he wanted, his release so he can "stick it" to TT, thats all.

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 08:35 PM
How am I trolling? I posted something that broke live on ESPN for everyone to read. Yes, it was another Favre thread but hell theres already 13 other ones that didnt matter, I figured this one was actually credible. Why do you have to be such a dick to people? Honestly... stop and act civil. I'm not even taking a side with Favre or TT and youre still attacking me...and now Bretsky who seems to be a pretty cool person.. it makes zero sense.. so I'll ask again, stop please? Thank you.

Let me slow this down for you so your little brain can compute. Here is your original post:

Note that you didn't give a source. Why should I believe a random claim, and especially one from someone who is an admitted troll and one who has alos admiited to stirring up on this forum to annoy people? I asked you to either

A: Supply the source to back up your claim

B: Shut up if you don't have one.

I asked you that becuase immediatly after you posted I went to:

Espn.com
cnnsi.com
profootballtalk.com
jsonline.com
yahoo.com
cbssportsline.com
greenbaypressgazette.com

You know how many of those sites were reporting that at the time of your post? ZERO. If I can't find a single source to back up your post, why should I believe you?

As for Bretsky, I didn't attack him. I gave him the same explanation I gave you He attacked me because he saw the report and posted 4 HOURS after I asked for a source.

Do you understand now, or do I have to slow it down even further?

falco
05-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh come on, don't tell me they didnt know it was always a possibility of happening. They were 12 million under the cap and coulda make moves if they chose to. They didnt, and Favre got what he wanted, his release so he can "stick it" to TT, thats all.

Of course they knew it was a possibility, but what could they do? If they didn't draft Sanchez or come up with another QB, they go into the season with nothing. This was a clear play by Favre who had the upper hand. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets knew all along - but were helpless to do anything.

I'm just saying, it shows no commitment to his teammates on the Jets (most of whom did not think very highly of him anyway, if you recall).

falco
05-08-2009, 08:37 PM

Dude, just shut up. Discuss the topic at hand or be quiet.

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 08:38 PM

Oh come on, don't tell me they didnt know it was always a possibility of happening. They were 12 million under the cap and coulda make moves if they chose to. They didnt, and Favre got what he wanted, his release so he can "stick it" to TT, thats all.You do realize they have to sign their rookies don't you? That 12 million dollars? Poof!

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 08:42 PM

Dude, just shut up. Discuss the topic at hand or be quiet.Pete gave me a question and I answered. Its not my fault he lacks reading comprehension.

Joemailman
05-08-2009, 08:43 PM

Actually, shortly before Favre announced Retirement II, the talk was that Rex Ryan didn't want Favre back. Understandable that a rookie coach wouldn't want to go with a 39 year old QB with a bad shoulder. I suspect Favre felt that leaving on his own was better than unceremoniously being shown the door. I don't think he weaseled out of anything.

falco
05-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Pete gave me a question and I answered. Its not my fault he lacks reading comprehension.

Both of you then - let's discuss a topic without all the stupid side bantering.

Administrator
05-08-2009, 08:44 PM
cpk, let me give this a try. 4 people tried to tell you that you were out of line. You ignorned, or argued with all of them.

Asking for a source was fine. Not believing Pete was fine. The way you approached it was not fine. In your first post, you name called. Your post dripped with sarcasm. The fact that you couldn't find the information, didn't make it untrue.

Your sarcasm put you out of line. You should apologize. It is that simple.

thanks to Bretsky, PBMax, Falco, Scott Campbell, and anyone I might have missed. Consistent, kind pressure really does stop most of this. I appreciate your efforts very much.

Bretsky
05-08-2009, 08:44 PM

Let me slow this down for you so your little brain can compute. Here is your original post:

Note that you didn't give a source. Why should I believe a random claim, and especially one from someone who is an admitted troll and one who has alos admiited to stirring up on this forum to annoy people? I asked you to either

Espn.com
cnnsi.com
profootballtalk.com
jsonline.com
yahoo.com
cbssportsline.com
greenbaypressgazette.com

You know how many of those sites were reporting that at the time of your post? ZERO. If I can't find a single source to back up your post, why should I believe you?

As for Bretsky, I didn't attack him. I gave him the same explanation I gave you He attacked me because he saw the report and posted 4 HOURS after I asked for a source.

Is it that hard for you to understand that tones like these are an attack ?

falco
05-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Actually, shortly before Favre announced Retirement II, the talk was that Rex Ryan didn't want Favre back. Understandable that a rookie coach wouldn't want to go with a 39 year old QB with a bad shoulder. I suspect Favre felt that leaving on his own was better than unceremoniously being shown the door. I don't think he weaseled out of anything.

I don't necessary disagree with this Joe. I would guess Rex Ryan didn't want him back. But I think Favre just as much wanted out. I do believe the Jets publicly said that they wanted him back, and were just waiting for his answer (whether this way true or not).

I was actually surprised Favre retired prior to the day of reckoning (when they would have had to pay him or cut him), but I think it did his public image better to wait until they could let him go without being lambasted by their fans (i.e. when they had a new QB).

Bretsky
05-08-2009, 08:48 PM

I don't necessary disagree with this Joe. I would guess Rex Ryan didn't want him back. But I think Favre just as much wanted out. I do believe the Jets publicly said that they wanted him back, and were just waiting for his answer (whether this way true or not).

I was actually surprised Favre retired prior to the day of reckoning (when they would have had to pay him or cut him), but I think it did his public image better to wait until they could let him go without being lambasted by their fans (i.e. when they had a new QB).

I agree
I think the owner might have wanted him back, but the coach clearly did not
It was best for everybody to move on

falco
05-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't hate Brett Favre. I was a big fan of his while he was here, although I got frustrated just like everybody else about his gunslinger style.

I think this whole thing exposed him as a bit (or a lot) of an egomaniac, and a little bit self absorbed. That's fine though, he's not the only athlete like that. It has changed my opinion of him as a person, although since he is just an athlete it doesn't really matter.

I am a packer fan, and football is entertainment to me. As far as I am concerned, nothing will be more entertaining than two (or even three!) Favre vs the Packers games this year.

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 08:51 PM

Espn.com
cnnsi.com
profootballtalk.com
jsonline.com
yahoo.com
cbssportsline.com
greenbaypressgazette.com

Is it that hard for you to understand that tones like these are an attack ?OK, the tone was harsh, but the request of a source was not. I don't trust him for obvious reasons. When you make a claim, especially when you aren't always trustworthy, a source is vital. That why I always provide where I got my info from. A link if one is available. I know I am not know as trustworthy so I make doubly sure back myself up.

Administrator
05-08-2009, 08:51 PM

I agree
I think the owner might have wanted him back, but the coach clearly did not
It was best for everybody to move on

I also think that the Jets could see the drama building as well. Surely they just didn't want any part of that. Favre certainly seems to attract the drama. Whether that's by choice, or not really isn't relevant.

Favre if healthy, is probably a better QB than a lot of teams have right now. But there isn't much interest, except for the Vikings. Why? I think it is the drama factor. Teams just don't need/want it.

Deputy Nutz
05-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Jesus Bretsky, you sound more like a moderator now than ever.

Joemailman
05-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I didn't know Bretsky's first name was Jesus.

Deputy Nutz
05-08-2009, 08:59 PM
cpk, let me give this a try. 4 people tried to tell you that you were out of line. You ignorned, or argued with all of them.

Asking for a source was fine. Not believing Pete was fine. The way you approached it was not fine. In your first post, you name called. Your post dripped with sarcasm. The fact that you couldn't find the information, didn't make it untrue.

thanks to Bretsky, PBMax, Falco, Scott Campbell, and anyone I might have missed. Consistent, kind pressure really does stop most of this. I appreciate your efforts very much.

Although I agree with what you said, I do think this needs to be handled privately in a PM. But thats just me, and if it was up to me I would suspend both Paco and CPK if they respond to each other.

Pacopete4
05-08-2009, 09:02 PM

Although I agree with what you said, I do think this needs to be handled privately in a PM. But thats just me, and if it was up to me I would suspend both Paco and CPK if they respond to each other.

And I'd suspend you for calling out the administrator, CPK, and myself in a thread on here instead of a PM. See how easy that is?

Deputy Nutz
05-08-2009, 09:04 PM
I didn't know Bretsky's first name was Jesus.

It most cetainly is, but it is pronounced Hayzeus.

Deputy Nutz
05-08-2009, 09:07 PM

And I'd suspend you for calling out the administrator, CPK, and myself in a thread on here instead of a PM. See how easy that is?

Don't respond to my posts, you only show up to stir up trouble, you may not be a troll but you most certainly are a pain in this forum's ass.

Administrator
05-08-2009, 09:09 PM

Well, you can certainly make that case. But, we've really got two problems here. 1st, Favre has become a lightning rod. So has Thompson for that matter. 2nd, you've got a bunch of name calling going on.

I chose to make this one public because I am hopeful that I can change the tone, just a bit in the Packer forum. I think it benefits that effort to have people read it.

Every forum I've read and participated in goes through this type of stuff as it grows. It is probably unavoidable.

falco
05-08-2009, 09:11 PM

So much for your good behavior!

In all honesty though, there is a bit of irony in your post, since you clearly could have conveyed the same message to the admin via PM. :P

Deputy Nutz
05-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I agree with you administrator.

Bretsky
05-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Still unhappy with Nutz for trying to make me lose my cool after the Bears game; me thinks you need to buy me a lapper at On the Border someday for that shananagants :!:

Deputy Nutz
05-08-2009, 09:15 PM

So much for your good behavior!

In all honesty though, there is a bit of irony in your post, since you clearly could have conveyed the same message to the admin via PM. :P

I am irony, besides I don't know if my PM is activated or not, part of my probation program.

Deputy Nutz
05-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Still unhappy with Nutz for trying to make me lose my cool after the Bears game; me thinks you need to buy me a lapper at On the Border someday for that shananagants :!:

You mean Club OTB? Apparently Skin doesn't like that place. Although one of the strippers there had a huge mole on her belly, it turned me on.

We aren't going to on the boarder, I still have to map out our trip to Green Bay and see where the first nudy bar is on our way.

Rastak
05-08-2009, 09:24 PM

I do have to take exception to that. He had 13 mil coming up and in March they were flush up against the cap. He did them a big assed favor by bowing out when he did. In addition, if he would have declared he was coming back the Jets would have taken a huge hit the minute he filed his papers. Believe me, it was mutual when he left. They were on the hook for a shitload of cap if it went down any other way.

Scott Campbell
05-08-2009, 09:27 PM

I do have to take exception to that. He had 13 mil coming up and in March they were flush up against the cap. He did them a big assed favor by bowing out when he did. In addition, if he would have declared he was coming back the Jets would have taken a huge hit the minute he filed his papers. Believe me, it was mutual when he left. They were on the hook for a shitload of cap if it went down any other way.

Brett retired when Rex didn't call him after he took over. Brett knew the score.

cpk1994
05-08-2009, 09:35 PM

You mean Club OTB? Apparently Skin doesn't like that place. Although one of the strippers there had a huge mole on her belly, it turned me on.

We aren't going to on the boarder, I still have to map out our trip to Green Bay and see where the first nudy bar is on our way.Do you use your Nudy Bars of the Upper Midwest Map for that? :)

falco
05-08-2009, 09:41 PM

I agree, but I think if he would have said he wanted to come back and play another year they would have found a way to keep him (i.e. before he announced he retired).

Deputy Nutz
05-08-2009, 09:45 PM

We aren't going to on the boarder, I still have to map out our trip to Green Bay and see where the first nudy bar is on our way.Do you use your Nudy Bars of the Upper Midwest Map for that? :)

I google, and then google the girls.

pbmax
05-08-2009, 10:05 PM
That was the Beauty of Favre's position. They were not on the hook for his $12 million cap space unless he unretired. The Jets would not have had to release him unless he declared, like last year, he was coming back. Unlike the Packers, the Jets had no space to accommodate him.

Brett's release did not save them any cap space. The elimination of the threat of unretirement meant that there was no more threat to the cap. He had all the leverage.

MOBB DEEP
05-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Comment (0)

Says the guy who was wrong..How was I wwong. I asked you to provide a source. You did.

I will point out that this report, like the others, has not been confirmed by the Vikings or Favre. So this is just as much speculation as the others.

haterade

Rastak
05-08-2009, 10:18 PM

I agree, but I think if he would have said he wanted to come back and play another year they would have found a way to keep him (i.e. before he announced he retired).

They would have had to clear 13 mil. I'm not 100% sure but 90% sure they would have cut him had he stayed under any circumstances.

MOBB DEEP
05-08-2009, 10:21 PM
i was driving to my office to see a client this eve when my neph textd me with the good news (was about to slit BOTH wrists when i read Lord wasnt going to sign on the tv at my gym yestrday)...i almost crashed into this banging sistas benz...been smiling ever since even tho my celtics lost tonite...DAYUM!!

OVECHKIN RULES!

DannoMac21
05-09-2009, 01:20 AM
i was driving to my office to see a client this eve when my neph textd me with the good news (was about to slit BOTH wrists when i read Lord wasnt going to sign on the tv at my gym yestrday)...i almost crashed into this banging sistas benz...been smiling ever since even tho my celtics lost tonite...DAYUM!!

OVECHKIN RULES!

And you call yourself a Packer fan?

Pacopete4
05-09-2009, 01:36 AM

OVECHKIN RULES!

Why can't he be a Packers fan that still wants to see Brett Favre playing? Some people just love to watch him play, myself included.

SnakeLH2006
05-09-2009, 02:51 AM

Good post. Thanks for not spinning it, even if it's about Brett. :tup:

Fritz
05-09-2009, 09:20 AM
This must be the right thread - breaking news - to put this link in:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20090508/Vikings-Favre/

The latest is another rumor - this time that Favre sent x-rays to Minnesota so they could have their medical people evaluate them. If they decided it might heal without surgery in time for him to play (starting with training camp, I suppose), then he'd consider a comeback. If, though, they felt it needed a surgical fix, then he wasn't interested.

Of course I - and most others - have no idea if it's true. But the idea of it jibes with something a friend of mine pointed out last night - Favre is very afraid of the knife. He's been hurt like crazy many times and has pretty consistently refused surgeries (I think there have been a couple of instances he's opted out of surgery). So it might be that he wants to come back but not if it requires surgery;

Or maybe it's just another rumor. Nobody really knows much now, maybe not even Favre himself.

MJZiggy
05-09-2009, 09:27 AM
I thought the surgery story was that he had gone under for some minor thing once and gone into convulsions on the table. Avoids it like the plague after that.

GrnBay007
05-09-2009, 11:02 AM
I thought the surgery story was that he had gone under for some minor thing once and gone into convulsions on the table. Avoids it like the plague after that.

Can't remember exactly but wasn't that when he was on the vicodin pretty heavily? ...and that caused complications to the procedure that was being done.

MJZiggy
05-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Yes. That was the cause, but apparently it scared him pretty good.

Packers4Ever
05-09-2009, 05:09 PM

Do you live in the sticks, cpk ? All of the
Milwaukee channel's sports news last night
carried news on the Packers, as well as on
later reports. I think ESPN presents it
every 15 minutes or thereabouts, don't they ???

:roll: :shock: :roll:

Zool
05-09-2009, 09:57 PM

They would have had to clear 13 mil. I'm not 100% sure but 90% sure they would have cut him had he stayed under any circumstances.

He was pretty much destined to be cut. As Ras stated, they were a couple hundred thousand under the cap with FA coming and rookies to sign. I know he's a big ticket seller, but they arent about to gut 3-4 starters to keep a 39 year old QB. He knew this and I think after the way he ended the season he really thought he would be done. Same as the last few years. He's gettin too old for this shit. Basically like getting your ass kicked for 4 solid months. After a winter/spring to get some distance, playing again sounded like fun with the added bonus of being able to go where ever he wants.

If he's really going to the Vikes to be vindictive to the Packers (I dont care if its TT, MM whom ever its the Packers to me) then fuck him. You're either with us or against us.

MOBB DEEP
05-10-2009, 11:52 PM

OVECHKIN RULES!

no, im a cardinals fan....

Harlan Huckleby
05-11-2009, 12:09 AM
here's some Brett Favre news, altho I think it is mostly speculation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYm_1gSfwA8

Lurker64
05-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Per PFT (via the Yahoo Sports Editor): No X-Rays were sent (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/10/yahoo-sports-editor-no-x-rays-were-sent-to-minnesota/).

MJZiggy
05-11-2009, 06:08 AM
Per packerrats.com, It's not my problem and I just don't care anymore (except to laugh at the people whose problem it now is... :lol:

Fritz
05-11-2009, 07:12 AM
I have a question:

If Favre retired and filed his papers, the Jets did not have to cut him in order to clear cap space, right? I mean, he was retired, papers filed, so he wouldn't have counted against the cap. Is that correct?

If this is so, why would Favre asked to be cut? If it's not so, then why wouldn't the Jets have cut him so they wouldn't have to save cap space?

pbmax
05-11-2009, 07:31 AM
If Favre retired and filed his papers, the Jets did not have to cut him in order to clear cap space, right?

Correct.

I mean, he was retired, papers filed, so he wouldn't have counted against the cap. Is that correct?

Correct. Although, the moment they moved him to reserved/retired, his number came off the cap, he didn't need to file paperwork, but he did if I recall correctly.

If this is so, why would Favre asked to be cut?

No one knows. But the Yahoo! Sports Editor who spent the weekend defending their report to PFT that the Favre-Viking connection will not happen, mentioned that his belief is that Bus Cook is talking to ESPN and NFL.com, not Favre. It could be a move by Cook to coax his client to play again.

If it's not so, then why wouldn't the Jets have cut him so they wouldn't have to save cap space?

Both Tannenbaum and Ryan said they wanted him back publicly. Tannenbaum called Favre, but who knows what they said. They either believed his retirement or wanted to prepare for the future, as they paid quite a price to move up to get Sanchez in the draft.

But Favre could have put the Jets in a pickle if, now after drafting Sanchez, he unretired. Because they would have to scramble like Zool mentioned. Plus soothe Sanchez, and deal with the potential drama for the summer.

I agree that it would have been a tight fit. But I am not so sure they wouldn't have taken him back if he was committed and had his arm taken care of early. But with Brett, just because you would like it that way, doesn't mean its going to happen.

Fritz
05-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks, PB.

PackerBlues
05-11-2009, 10:29 AM
If Favre retired and filed his papers, the Jets did not have to cut him in order to clear cap space, right?

Correct.

I mean, he was retired, papers filed, so he wouldn't have counted against the cap. Is that correct?

Correct. Although, the moment they moved him to reserved/retired, his number came off the cap, he didn't need to file paperwork, but he did if I recall correctly.

No one knows. But the Yahoo! Sports Editor who spent the weekend defending their report to PFT that the Favre-Viking connection will not happen, mentioned that his belief is that Bus Cook is talking to ESPN and NFL.com, not Favre. It could be a move by Cook to coax his client to play again.

If it's not so, then why wouldn't the Jets have cut him so they wouldn't have to save cap space?

Both Tannenbaum and Ryan said they wanted him back publicly. Tannenbaum called Favre, but who knows what they said. They either believed his retirement or wanted to prepare for the future, as they paid quite a price to move up to get Sanchez in the draft.

But Favre could have put the Jets in a pickle if, now after drafting Sanchez, he unretired. Because they would have to scramble like Zool mentioned. Plus soothe Sanchez, and deal with the potential drama for the summer.

I agree that it would have been a tight fit. But I am not so sure they wouldn't have taken him back if he was committed and had his arm taken care of early. But with Brett, just because you would like it that way, doesn't mean its going to happen.

my guess is that if Favre would have retired without being released, a return to the NFL would have been impossible without going through the Jets. In other words, the Jets would have been in control of where Favre went, and not Brett. Its very possible that the whole thing with the Jets (behind closed doors anyway) was always just supposed to be a one year deal to help sell tickets.

hoosier
05-11-2009, 11:32 AM

Correct.

my guess is that if Favre would have retired without being released, a return to the NFL would have been impossible without going through the Jets. In other words, the Jets would have been in control of where Favre went, and not Brett. Its very possible that the whole thing with the Jets (behind closed doors anyway) was always just supposed to be a one year deal to help sell tickets.

If the Jets hadn't released Favre and he decided to unretire, then the team would be forced to either pay his contract or cut him. In that sense the Jets might be technically in control of where Favre goes, but Favre also has a large degree of control because he knows the Jets don't want to pay his $12M salary given their cap situation as well as the well known uncertainties surrounding Favre's physical health and his commitment to playing. So if he unretires the Jets almost have to cut him.

retailguy
05-11-2009, 12:29 PM
You can't ignore the fact that the Jets may have just not wanted to endure the "will he, won't he crap" that has floated around for years.

Favre said he didn't want to play, he didn't have surgery, he told Tannenbaum (reportedly) that he didn't want to play.

The Jets might have released him, simply because they didn't want to deal with the circus that is sure to come this summer.

In the end, I think Favre plays, if the Vikings assure him he'll start. He's close to Bruce Matthews consecutive game streak and I think that record means more to him than he cares to admit.

Chevelle2
05-11-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/44718707.html

Fritz
05-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm learning that the key to understanding the ins and outs of any Favre situation have to do with the little things, the snippets. Earlier it was the nearly infamous "At this time." In the link above, the Vikes' representative (I can never get that name straight - Wygli? Wigliff?) said to reporters - when they asked if indeed Favre had called the Vikings to let them know he was staying retired - that they'd have to check with Favre to confirm that.

So...why couldn't the guy say "Yes, Favre did call us and let us know he intends to remain retired." Or "No, Favre never called us," or "Yes, he called, but the nature of that call is private."

Why tell reporters they'd have to check with Favre? Are people near or in the situation afraid to say what Favre has or hasn't done?

Just weird.

Merlin
05-11-2009, 01:45 PM

It won't matter who the QB is if they don't have the WR's to do the job. Last season, without Peterson, what did they have on offense? I sure didn't see anything outside of the running game that was that scary. Favre at his age needs to have at least a little talent to work with.

Scott Campbell
05-11-2009, 01:55 PM

It won't matter who the QB is if they don't have the WR's to do the job. Last season, without Peterson, what did they have on offense? I sure didn't see anything outside of the running game that was that scary. Favre at his age needs to have at least a little talent to work with.

I'd still rate the Viking receivers well ahead of the Bear receivers - marginal vs. truly awful.

cpk1994
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM

:roll: :shock: :roll:You might want to read the whole thread which contains my explanation. At the time of that post, NOBODY was reporting it. It was almost an hour later by the time it showed up on the mainstream internet sites.

Pacopete4
05-11-2009, 04:00 PM

:roll: :shock: :roll:You might want to read the whole thread which contains my explanation. At the time of that post, NOBODY was reporting it. It was almost an hour later by the time it showed up on the mainstream internet sites.

turn on a TV next time then..

Packers4Ever
05-11-2009, 07:04 PM

I've always read that he suffered much pain following that
auto accident in 1990 (?) requiring surgeon to remove
30" of intestine, I think that was the beginning of the
extreme fear of pain, but he was just a kid then, who
could blame him? :(

pbmax
05-11-2009, 07:16 PM
That is an entirely possible theory.

But while Favre could make the Packer's camp a circus, he could not force a move because of the cap. So the Packers did have a distinct measure of control over his ultimate destination. But Brett was driving the 2009 decision. The Jets could not have exercised that control without cap and roster surgery post unretirement.

pbmax
05-11-2009, 07:19 PM
and on and on and on
and on and on and on
Just let it die. Having the last word is not improving anyone's memory or opinion. Its all been said and played out. Move on. Please. :)

Packers4Ever
05-11-2009, 08:09 PM
[quote=cpk1994]Kindo of funny how no media outlet is reporting this. Not even Florio. I guess what I am saying is Pete, either porovide proof or STFU troll.

CPK, I am sorry, it was not my intention to upset you, I was simply
pointing out how frequently news - especially Sports - is displayed on TV. Next time you have CNN, ESPN, etc....or maybe your local sports on,
watch the news 'crawl' across bottom of screen and you'll see updates on
almost anything, even Brett Favre - :P you'll catch his name there quite often.
Have a good evening ! :wink:

You might want to read the whole thread which contains my explanation. At the time of that post, NOBODY was reporting it. It was almost an hour later by the time it showed up on the mainstream internet sites.

HarveyWallbangers
05-11-2009, 11:20 PM
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/dribehtpilf/th_betbeat.gif

mission
05-12-2009, 12:17 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT - I *had* to. Hope no one has a seizure. :oops:

Fritz
05-12-2009, 06:28 AM
That's some funny shiz.

Favre seems to be either unsure that he's coming back - thus the lack of word from his camp - or he simply enjoys the attention. No public pronouncements from Favre that he's done, there will be no contract with Minny or anyone else, that he is staying put, period.

It's hard to say that he's anything but unsure himself, at this point.

Again.

Partial
05-12-2009, 07:37 AM
That's pretty funny :lol:

cpk1994
05-12-2009, 07:51 AM
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/dribehtpilf/th_betbeat.gifI don't care who you are. That there's funny. :lol:

Pacopete4
05-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Annnnnnnnd Favre begins to throw to high school kids... Per ESPN report

cpk1994
05-12-2009, 08:07 AM
And only for 20 minutes before his arm gave out.

EDIT: From the ESPN.com article(Once again a big to do about nothing):

Favre, meanwhile, did some light throwing at Hattiesburg's Oak Grove High School on Monday and last week. Coach Nevil Barr told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he "he didn't come like he was working out, like last summer when he was training and working."

Barr said that on Monday he threw for just 15-20 minutes after practice had already ended, "just enjoying himself with the boys." Favre's agent, Bus Cook, said that Favre told him that after throwing about 10 times, his arm hurt. Cook reiterated that "right now, he is retired. Nothing has changed."

Fritz
05-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Right now, I am typing a post on Packerrats.

Partial
05-12-2009, 08:25 AM
You ever throw a football hard 10 times? If you're not conditioned to it, it hurts.

We toss a ball around daily at work for a bit of a break. When we first started doing this, within 15 minutes of throwing the ball basically as hard as you can without a real warmup, your arm is fried. We'd all come in and have to take ibeauprofen because our arms were just shaking from the pain.

Definitely takes some ramping up. But he's a former pro quarterback so I'm sure his arm is already conditioned much better.

Fritz
05-12-2009, 08:27 AM
And only for 20 minutes before his arm gave out.

EDIT: From the ESPN.com article(Once again a big to do about nothing):

Favre, meanwhile, did some light throwing at Hattiesburg's Oak Grove High School on Monday and last week. Coach Nevil Barr told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he "he didn't come like he was working out, like last summer when he was training and working."

Barr said that on Monday he threw for just 15-20 minutes after practice had already ended, "just enjoying himself with the boys." Favre's agent, Bus Cook, said that Favre told him that after throwing about 10 times, his arm hurt. Cook reiterated that "right now, he is retired. Nothing has changed."

Is it just me, or did we hear last summer that Favre was "just" throwing a few passes to some high school kids, no big deal? Nothing to read into that? Am I the only one that recalls that?

pbmax
05-12-2009, 08:28 AM
But what is your NEXT move?

cpk1994
05-12-2009, 08:45 AM
You ever throw a football hard 10 times? If you're not conditioned to it, it hurts.

We toss a ball around daily at work for a bit of a break. When we first started doing this, within 15 minutes of throwing the ball basically as hard as you can without a real warmup, your arm is fried. We'd all come in and have to take ibeauprofen because our arms were just shaking from the pain.

Definitely takes some ramping up. But he's a former pro quarterback so I'm sure his arm is already conditioned much better.NO, it couldn't have to do with the torn biccep tendon now coud it. And read the snippet I provided. It said he threw LIGHTLY, not hard.

Fritz
05-12-2009, 08:47 AM

At this time, I am still typing a post on Packerrats. I am typing.

Harlan Huckleby
05-12-2009, 11:04 AM

I think they need to get some of those highschoolers on ESPN. How did the ball speed compare with last summer? Were the spirals tight? Is Favre a good locker room guy?

Partial
05-12-2009, 11:13 AM
NO, it couldn't have to do with the torn biccep tendon now coud it. And read the snippet I provided. It said he threw LIGHTLY, not hard.

Through a close friend, I'm privy to some pretty inside information. Through my source, I've verified that he had the surgery to begin the rehab process a couple of weeks back. This very well could be part of his rehab process.

denverYooper
05-12-2009, 11:17 AM

Sources close to Fritz indicate that he sent x-rays to vikingsmessageboard. If VMB's evaluation of those x-rays determines that Fritz does not indeed have serious carpal tunnel syndrome from his years of typing on packerrats.com, he may begin posting there as early as June.

Gunakor
05-12-2009, 11:36 AM

Sources close to Fritz indicate that he sent x-rays to vikingsmessageboard. If VMB's evaluation of those x-rays determines that Fritz does not indeed have serious carpal tunnel syndrome from his years of typing on packerrats.com, he may begin posting there as early as June.

Rumor has it he's begun light typing with the local high school kids. But his fingers started to hurt after about 15-20 minutes.

His agent says that, at this time, he's still retired. Awaiting word from Bonita and Scott Fritz on the matter. This saga appears to be from over.

theeaterofshades
05-12-2009, 11:38 AM

Que the Van Halen Music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6jEgaWlimA

Why am I suddenly thirsty for a Crystal Pepsi?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRsrpdkge-Q

Scott Campbell
05-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I just got a text from Fritz! He says he's got the itch.

Bossman641
05-12-2009, 11:46 AM

I think he should head to the clinic for that.

Scott Campbell
05-12-2009, 11:56 AM

I think he should head to the clinic for that.

He sent me another text. False alarm.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/Bidwizard_2006/Ogame/preparation-h_suppositories.jpg

Packers4Ever
05-12-2009, 02:20 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT - I *had* to. Hope no one has a seizure. :oops:

Nope, but close to it !! :P

Tyrone Bigguns
05-12-2009, 04:20 PM

Prolly better and deeper than the Vikes WR core. :lol:

Pacopete4
05-12-2009, 04:28 PM

haha, now that was a good one.. thats probably who Chilly went down there to scout :lol:

Packers4Ever
05-12-2009, 05:44 PM

haha, now that was a good one.. thats probably who Chilly went down there to scout :lol:

Annnnnnd, * the Vikings announced today that they are interested
in possibly having BF as their QB this fall. *
Whoops, this came across CH 4 Milwaukee at 5:20 P.M. Anybody wanna bet
it'll be a 2 week wait before we hear more ?? :cry:

Waldo
05-12-2009, 05:57 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-11-68/Where-s-Waldo-.html

8-)

channtheman
05-12-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm guessing the "itch" returns in the beginning to middle of June. At least I hope so. Favre going to the Vikings would be just awesome!

Partial
05-12-2009, 06:23 PM

8-)

But Waldo, what you fail to represent in the stats (and that's why stats lie) is that on every one of those teams the coaching, o-line, and WRs started sucking right at week 12. You have to factor that in to be fair to Brett. Even now, he's still a top 5 QB...

That's a pretty funny immediate response to your post.

channtheman
05-12-2009, 06:24 PM

8-)

Didn't Patler post those number here last season?

CaptainD
05-12-2009, 06:43 PM
It's all about revenge and a bitter man that can't let go. The love affair died and he can't get over it and can't let it go.

Joemailman
05-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Welcome, Captain.

I think it's part revenge. The other part is playing football is more fun than staying home and watching The View with the wife.

Rastak
05-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Welcome, Captain.

I think it's part revenge. The other part is playing football is more fun than staying home and watching The View with the wife.

Helluva lot more profitable too!

Harlan Huckleby
05-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Welcome, Captain.

Brett Favre has always said he has no idea what he is going to do after retirement.

He's no dummy, but he doesn't strike me as the intellectual type who is going to read a lot of books out on the porch.

Fishing and hunting are cool, but you got to come home eventually.

He's not a guy to do public speaking.

He probably is going to have a hell of a time figuring out what to do. IF I were him, I would keep playing football. Hell, I'd do Arena league until 55 or so. I'm serious.

Lurker64
05-12-2009, 07:01 PM

8-)

Didn't Patler post those number here last season?

It's not as though this information is not Available to anybody who wants it (http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavre/profile?id=FAV540222). It's just cool that one of our own is getting props on a major website.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Welcome, Captain.

Actually not.

He would make far more siging the packer services contract and doing whatever else he wanted...announcing, endorsements, appearances, etc.

Rastak
05-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Welcome, Captain.

Actually not.

He would make far more siging the packer services contract and doing whatever else he wanted...announcing, endorsements, appearances, etc.

You must have missed Murphy's comments. I don't think he can show and up and sign that right now. I don't think that particular document is laying there on the table for the taking.

The pressing question, no surprise, had to do with Brett Favre and if the reported $20 million, 10-year marketing offer that Green Bay made to the quarterback last year to stay retired remains on the table.

Packers President Mark Murphy was asked that question before he headed to a rally here at Lakefront Park. “At this point, he’s just retired from the Jets and at this point we’re really just going to kind of wait and see how things play out,”

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

Tyrone Bigguns
05-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Welcome, Captain.

Actually not.

You must have missed Murphy's comments. I don't think he can show and up and sign that right now. I don't think that particular document is laying there on the table for the taking.

The pressing question, no surprise, had to do with Brett Favre and if the reported $20 million, 10-year marketing offer that Green Bay made to the quarterback last year to stay retired remains on the table.

Packers President Mark Murphy was asked that question before he headed to a rally here at Lakefront Park. “At this point, he’s just retired from the Jets and at this point we’re really just going to kind of wait and see how things play out,”

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

I think you are wrong. And, Murph's comments seem more to indicate my view than yours.

Murph was just saying at that exact time they would wait and see. Why press for him to sign...when we all have seen that brett's word means nothing.

Rastak
05-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Well I think you are wrong, as usual.

Listen to Ted Thompson's comment, add Murphy's and he ain't getting shit this year from Green Bay. I'll be more than happy to admit I'm wrong should he stay retired and pick up a free 20 mil for going back to Green Bay while the dude he hates is still running the show. I don't see it happening from either side, but mainly I seriously doubt that offers stands right at this moment.

Pacopete4
05-12-2009, 08:23 PM

Listen to Ted Thompson's comment, add Murphy's and he ain't getting shit this year from Green Bay. I'll be more than happy to admit I'm wrong should he stay retired and pick up a free 20 mil for going back to Green Bay while the dude he hates is still running the show. I don't see it happening from either side, but mainly I seriously doubt that offers stands right at this moment.

I think youre correct Ras. I don't think they'll even talk about that offer until they know for sure that he is going to retire or stay retired. Like the old saying goes... "fool me once, shame on you.. fool me twice, shame on me"

Tyrone Bigguns
05-12-2009, 08:55 PM

TT has nothing to do with it.

Favre will get it when the org knows he is done, otherwise Murph woulda said, "the offer is off the table." Instead Murph said, “Now is not the right time to have those discussions.”

“But in the long run we do want to have a relationship with Brett. We’re going to retire his number. What that relationship looks like, who knows? But kind of like we have with Bart Starr and some of our other great players. We want to have them back and I think he’ll be remembered as a Packer. But, obviously, I think we all need some time to pass before we make those decisions.”

Same as jersey retirement.

“Obviously we will do it,” he said. “We’ve made that commitment. He deserves to have his number retired. I just think both sides need some time. Quite honestly, from a practical standpoint, we’ve had to cancel one retirement ceremony already. I think it’s smart to make sure he is retired rather than going through a situation like that again.”

For all we know, favre/cook may be working the vikes in order to get more money outta the pack. At this stage, with cook and favre..nothing is off the table.

Fritz
05-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Offer or no offer, one thing seems certain: Brett Favre is a TT hater. I don't think he can stomach the idea of being part of any kind of retirement ceremony thing that would include Thompson. And Thompson's the GM, so they won't do it without him.

Maybe Favre will change his mind in a few years. Takes about five or six for most divorces, for that bitterness to fade.

CaptainKickass
05-13-2009, 10:53 AM
It's all about revenge and a bitter man that can't let go. The love affair died and he can't get over it and can't let it go.

I suppose there's room for two Captains in this here forum.

Though perhaps a name change is in order. Might I suggest:

"General Disbelief"?

What if he and I get into an argument and everyone else says stuff like:

"I agree with the Captain. After all the way the Captain attacked him is unacceptable. The Captain can't just do whatever he wants to and get away with it. I think the Captain is going about this the right way, but the Captain is way outta line on this one.

The Captain should apologize."

?

Harlan Huckleby
05-13-2009, 11:16 AM
for me there will always only be one Captain.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/040123/145249__ck_l.jpg

CaptainKickass
05-13-2009, 11:37 AM

I always thought that both Mike Holmgren and Andy Reid resembled Captain Kangaroo.

Joemailman
05-13-2009, 12:10 PM

say what?

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q256/CTFans/SpecialsBoxSet.jpg

CaptainD
05-13-2009, 12:47 PM

I suppose there's room for two Captains in this here forum.

Though perhaps a name change is in order. Might I suggest:

"General Disbelief"?

What if he and I get into an argument and everyone else says stuff like:

"I agree with the Captain. After all the way the Captain attacked him is unacceptable. The Captain can't just do whatever he wants to and get away with it. I think the Captain is going about this the right way, but the Captain is way outta line on this one.

The Captain should apologize."

?

I have been CaptainD for 5 years just on another forum...should be enough room for two on this boat CaptKickass !

Scott Campbell
05-13-2009, 02:21 PM

say what?

http://breweryreviewery.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/captain_morgan.jpg

Joemailman
05-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Offer or no offer, one thing seems certain: Brett Favre is a TT hater. I don't think he can stomach the idea of being part of any kind of retirement ceremony thing that would include Thompson. And Thompson's the GM, so they won't do it without him.

Maybe Favre will change his mind in a few years. Takes about five or six for most divorces, for that bitterness to fade.

I don't think it will take that long. Favre resents Thompson because he believes TT tried to push him into retirement prematurely. A big part of Favre still wanting to play is to show Thompson he was wrong. Once Favre accepts retirement, whenever that happens, I think the bitterness will evaporate fairly quickly. Favre is emotional and stubborn, but I don't think he's vindictive.

Rastak
05-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Seems kind of drastic but here's the latest.....

http://sportspickle.com/features/volume8/2009-0513-favre.html

Tyrone Bigguns
05-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Ras,

You catch Rachel Nichols report last nite on Favre?

She said that Favre said his arm/shoulder/something hurt after 10 throws.

Rastak
05-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Ras,

Yea, and in the other report it said he was throwing rockets and he has some discomfort only in certain throwing motions. I have no idea where the truth lies in any of these contradicting stories. Not just these, all of them.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Ras,

Yea, and in the other report it said he was throwing rockets and he has some discomfort only in certain throwing motions. I have no idea where the truth lies in any of these contradicting stories. Not just these, all of them.

Well, i dont' think that contradicts. He could be throwing rockets..and his arm hurt afterwards.

I'm thrilled it is Vike fans that are living with this, far too much drama.

Rastak
05-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Ras,

Well, i dont' think that contradicts. He could be throwing rockets..and his arm hurt afterwards.

The first report did not sound like 10 throws and he quit grabbing his arm.

It is alot of drama for a guy not any team, I would agree.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Ras,

Who/what is the other report?

It was late..so maybe i didnt' get it right..but, did nichols say he only made 10? I thought it was more like it started hurting after 10.

Either way....i think we can deduce that something hurt somewhere on him. :roll:

Rastak
05-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Ras,

Who/what is the other report?

It was late..so maybe i didnt' get it right..but, did nichols say he only made 10? I thought it was more like it started hurting after 10.

Either way....i think we can deduce that something hurt somewhere on him. :roll:

Whatever. I have not the time nor the inclination right now to dig it up. I believe it was an article Jim Souhan wrote and he interviewed some folks at the high school where he throws.

Honestly, who gives a shit if his arm hurts or not. Go find my stance on the whole thing in other threads if you even care. Let's just say if he stays right where he is I'm perfectly fine with that.

Joemailman
05-13-2009, 08:53 PM
This is a year old, but still pretty funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk7lFGuW7_s

MJZiggy
05-13-2009, 08:58 PM

say what?

http://breweryreviewery.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/captain_morgan.jpg

So noted.

mraynrand
05-13-2009, 09:12 PM

There is but one captain.

http://www.080674.com/newstoday/kirk.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
05-13-2009, 10:59 PM
http://regretfulmorning.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/capn-crunch.jpg

SnakeLH2006
05-14-2009, 01:40 AM

There is but one captain.

http://www.080674.com/newstoday/kirk.jpg

Gotta love the Shatner baby!

But alas, who could forget poor Partial at the last Rat game?...Being denied entrance to Lambeau, after having been deemed a security threat for his Captain America ensemble? Pic or it's not true? Ok...:lol:

http://www.fantomcomics.com/caparrested.jpg

Partial
05-14-2009, 01:44 AM
CA's a badass! I'll take it :lol:

SnakeLH2006
05-14-2009, 01:45 AM
http://api.ning.com/files/cQ5nyRI35TsoGPAxSYDWeoFcA6L03G4Gh07dGWPz*aoZ4AYS88 QMclkERFTpza4LL5dxh8Fr9d93kqykfG-q7hH3oX0hs2Wc/Captain_America.jpg

vince
05-14-2009, 06:27 AM
OK, so the "Breaking News on Brett Favre!" stream has gone stale and been resigned to images of fictional childhood heroes and cartoon characters. Seems fitting actually.

What the hell is going on with our old pal? Here's Andrew Brandt's take on the subject. His opinion is certainly consistent with the off-field behavior of Favre over the last few years.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/05/wednesday-whys-30/

Why doesn’t Brett Favre make up his mind about signing with the Vikings already?

To all those who wish the 2009 version of the Brett Favre miniseries “Will He or Won’t He?” would end, it won’t. I’m a friend of Brett and admire much about him, but I have lived this for many years. My sense is that Brett would rather that someone else – in this case, the Vikings – make the decision for him rather than make it himself.

If the Vikings woo Brett the way he wanted to be wooed in Green Bay last year and was not, and the way he was wooed last year by the Jets, he will likely play in Minnesota. If they don’t and express lukewarm interest, he will probably stay retired.

Yes, Brett was hurt by the Packers’ decision to move on with Aaron Rodgers last year, but that alone will not make him return to play for the Vikings. The Vikings have to court him with the enthusiasm and passion that would make him feel like he’s truly the missing piece. Then, and only then, will he return.

As to the timing, Brett appears to control that. If the Vikings have a strong interest, their interest will not wane and they will give Brett all the time he needs to make a decision.

This is not about a shoulder or biceps injury or an MRI. This is not about whether Brett wants to play. This is not about Green Bay. This is not about how it ended with the Jets. This is about the Vikings and their level of courtship. That’s the primary factor in whether we see Brett wearing a purple uniform.

Fritz
05-14-2009, 10:11 AM
harlan's got it right. Me and the Cap'n make it happen.

As for Favre, it sounds like Brandt's on the mark here. So in that respect, it really is up to the Vikings, isn't it? Brett wants to be wanted.

Harlan Huckleby
05-14-2009, 10:25 AM
I suspect Favre's arm is shot, that was, is, and will be the only issue.

Maybe the warm weather of summer will work its magic.

Oscar
05-14-2009, 10:25 AM
harlan's got it right. Me and the Cap'n make it happen.

As for Favre, it sounds like Brandt's on the mark here. So in that respect, it really is up to the Vikings, isn't it? Brett wants to be wanted.

When I read the last sentence of your post Fritz that old classic form Cheap Trick instantly started attacking my brain.. :lol: I want you to want me!!!

oregonpackfan
05-14-2009, 11:08 AM

Harlan,

Anyone who knows anything about Captain Kangaroo would have to admit the Captain would not have achieved his success without his sidekick Mr. Green Jeans! :)

Scott Campbell
05-14-2009, 11:10 AM

Harlan,

Anyone who knows anything about Captain Kangaroo would have to admit the Captain would not have achieved his success without his sidekick Mr. Green Jeans! :)

I never understood that name. Weren't they actually coveralls?

Fritz
05-14-2009, 12:32 PM

Harlan,

I never understood that name. Weren't they actually coveralls?

Personally, I think it was that master of chaos, Bunny Rabbit, who made that show go.

Rastak
05-14-2009, 09:11 PM
I always liked the Angus Mcfergus Mctavish Dundee tune myself.....

Chevelle2
05-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Update

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4167747

swede
05-14-2009, 11:02 PM

Harlan,

According to Ty:

Hugh Brannum (January 5, 1910 - April 19, 1987) is an actor best known for his role as "Mr. Green Jeans" on the children's television show Captain Kangaroo. He was known by the nickname "Lumpy." [1]

Brannum was born in Sandwich, Illinois in 1910. He attended Maine Township High School in suburban Chicago and went to college at University of Redlands, where he became interested in jazz; after graduation, he played bass in various bands. During World War II, he enlisted in the US Marine Corps and joined a Marine band led by Bob Crosby. After the war, he joined the Four Squires, later moving to Fred Waring and His Pennsylvanians; Waring's group had a regular radio show, where Hugh met Bob Keeshan, an employee at the station who would later hire Brannum for "Captain Kangaroo," where he played a number of characters from 1955 to 1984. His role as Mr. Green Jeans was partly based on stories about a farm kid named "Little Orley" that he told on the radio and on 78-rpm records.

Before his time on "Captain Kangaroo" he hosted a local children's TV series called "Uncle Lumpy's Cabin", seen weekday mornings on WABC-TV Ch. 7 in New York City during the 1951 season [2]

GrnBay007
05-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Sounds like AP wouldn't mind BF joining the Vikings...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/175515-adrian-peterson-speaks-out-on-brett-favre-situation

sheepshead
05-15-2009, 07:33 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/45059207.html

Brett needs Dr Phil, not Dr Andrew

Fritz
05-15-2009, 07:36 AM
I think that if the time ever comes when there is no Brett Favre offseason drama, I'm going to feel a little lost.

Scott Campbell
05-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Favre mails arm to Vikings:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/brett_favre_mails_arm_to?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Favre.article_large.jpg

sheepshead
05-15-2009, 08:25 AM
:lol: :lol:

SkinBasket
05-15-2009, 09:21 AM
This is starting to look like two drunk people trying to fuck. Both of them want it, but every time one of them makes a move, they puke or fall on their face. A little while later, they try again, then stop again, try to figure out what the fuck is going on, then fall down again.

If they do end up hooking up, both of them are going to regret it, and if they don't both will always wonder what could have been. No one will win. No one will feel better in the morning except for maybe the ex-wife, but Ted isn't the type to gloat about it.

Zool
05-15-2009, 09:26 AM
This is starting to look like two drunk people trying to fuck. Both of them want it, but every time one of them makes a move, they puke or fall on their face. A little while later, they try again, then stop again, try to figure out what the fuck is going on, then fall down again.

If they do end up hooking up, both of them are going to regret it, and if they don't both will always wonder what could have been. No one will win. No one will feel better in the morning except for maybe the ex-wife, but Ted isn't the type to gloat about it.

Winner

Fritz
05-15-2009, 09:29 AM

Winner

Perfect. Luckily, if they do hook up, no one will remember later on, anyway.

swede
05-15-2009, 12:14 PM

If they do end up hooking up, both of them are going to regret it, and if they don't both will always wonder what could have been...

Maybe a love child.

http://www.morphthing.com/showimage/2/0/0/1808483/Michael-Jackson-and-Shrek.jpeg

HarveyWallbangers
05-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Michael Irvin, of all people, had some interesting things to say in that blog.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

"But the reality is now it’s time for him to start listening. His greatest asset is becoming his greatest liability. I hate the fact that you’re sitting here saying, ‘I want to go to Minnesota.’ You hate Ted Thompson that much that you’re ready to kill each one of those Green Bay fans that cheered you on, that are going to put your kids through college? They made you the rich man that you are. Why kill them? Just let that thing go, Brett. Stay retired and you can make umpteen millions of dollars on #4 jerseys in Green Bay. But if you go back to Green Bay wearing that Minnesota jersey? Oh, it’s a wrap, buddy. You lose your whole legacy with that."

Scott Campbell
05-15-2009, 01:33 PM

Classic - posting perfection.

cpk1994
05-15-2009, 01:44 PM

"But the reality is now it’s time for him to start listening. His greatest asset is becoming his greatest liability. I hate the fact that you’re sitting here saying, ‘I want to go to Minnesota.’ You hate Ted Thompson that much that you’re ready to kill each one of those Green Bay fans that cheered you on, that are going to put your kids through college? They made you the rich man that you are. Why kill them? Just let that thing go, Brett. Stay retired and you can make umpteen millions of dollars on #4 jerseys in Green Bay. But if you go back to Green Bay wearing that Minnesota jersey? Oh, it’s a wrap, buddy. You lose your whole legacy with that."My god, Michael Irvin is making sense? The apocalypse is truley upon us. :)

Chevelle2
05-15-2009, 05:54 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/15/favre-tells-commish-hell-kick-thompsons-ass-twice-a-year/

Scott Hanson of NFL Network reports that retired (for now) quarterback Brett Favre told NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell that Packers G.M. Ted Thompson doesn’t want Favre to play for Minnesota “because he knows I’ll kick his ass twice a year.”

Hanson promises to post an item on NFL.com explaining the context and timing of the quote.

Meanwhile, Hanson has hinted at news regarding “Favre and the Buccaneers.”

Harlan Huckleby
05-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Scott Hanson of NFL Network reports that retired (for now) quarterback Brett Favre told NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell that Packers G.M. Ted Thompson doesn’t want Favre to play for Minnesota “because he knows I’ll kick his ass twice a year.”

I suppose the NFL Commissioner sent Hanson a text message with the quote, told him not to tell anybody else, or they won't be BFF anymore.

Harlan Huckleby
05-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Personally, I think it was that master of chaos, Bunny Rabbit, who made that show go.

I agree 100% on the Rabbit, Fritz. And did you know that when the show got cancelled in the 80's, BR was left with nothing, no pension, not even any severance. Kangaroo screwed him out of the residuals deal, Bunny Rabbit died in 1985, poor, broken-down and bitter.

sheepshead
05-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Favre is starting to piss me off:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8105843b&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

cpk1994
05-15-2009, 06:17 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8105843b&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=trueLooks like Paco has already commented on the article. :lol:

Chevelle2
05-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Ive read on a few forums, that 1250am is reporting Favre has signed with MN. Anyone else here this?

Harlan Huckleby
05-15-2009, 10:09 PM
no mention on their website

http://www.sportsradio1250.com/

Chevelle2
05-15-2009, 10:16 PM
hmm strange, i read it on vikings message board, and 2 people on packerchatters said they heard it too

Harlan Huckleby
05-15-2009, 10:19 PM
well ..... now a hundred people on PackerRats have heard it too. :lol:

I suppose you meant they heard it on the radio. Uhh, they probably heard speculation.

SnakeLH2006
05-16-2009, 02:38 AM

"But the reality is now it’s time for him to start listening. His greatest asset is becoming his greatest liability. I hate the fact that you’re sitting here saying, ‘I want to go to Minnesota.’ You hate Ted Thompson that much that you’re ready to kill each one of those Green Bay fans that cheered you on, that are going to put your kids through college? They made you the rich man that you are. Why kill them? Just let that thing go, Brett. Stay retired and you can make umpteen millions of dollars on #4 jerseys in Green Bay. But if you go back to Green Bay wearing that Minnesota jersey? Oh, it’s a wrap, buddy. You lose your whole legacy with that."My god, CPK making any fuckig sense? The apocalypse is truley upon us. :)

Yep.

SnakeLH2006
05-16-2009, 02:41 AM

"But the reality is now it’s time for him to start listening. His greatest asset is becoming his greatest liability. I hate the fact that you’re sitting here saying, ‘I want to go to Minnesota.’ You hate Ted Thompson that much that you’re ready to kill each one of those Green Bay fans that cheered you on, that are going to put your kids through college? They made you the rich man that you are. Why kill them? Just let that thing go, Brett. Stay retired and you can make umpteen millions of dollars on #4 jerseys in Green Bay. But if you go back to Green Bay wearing that Minnesota jersey? Oh, it’s a wrap, buddy. You lose your whole legacy with that."My god, CPK (who would hate on baby Jesus and ANY FUCKING THING) making any fucking sense? The apocalypse is truly upon us. :)

Yep. Agreed Ten Fold. Nothing is more certain that that true shit.

cpk1994
05-16-2009, 05:10 AM
Yep. Agreed Ten Fold. I am an immature asshole.

I agree. At least you finally admit it.

cpk1994
05-16-2009, 05:13 AM
hmm strange, i read it on vikings message board, and 2 people on packerchatters said they heard it tooIf he had signed, it would be plastered all over ESPN.com. Since it isn't right now, I will agree with those who say what was heard was speculation.

woodbuck27
05-16-2009, 03:07 PM

I'm going with what we all should know about Brett Favre and that's his love for the game and to compete.

To take it to: It's personal or he has something to prove is dark, as mean and prickly as the personalitys of those that post such garbage. I came to know him as a Packer fan and remain loyal to him as the football player he endeavours to be. To respect his style, spirit and play and for all he wants still hopefully to give to the game.

Favre in a Vikings uniform certainly is intriguiging. I would use different adjectives to describe the hatred he gets on this forum from some nobs that don't have the brains to blow powder to hell. Yes! That's you as it fits.

A suggestion Packerrats:

Let go of the man and lets just see what transpires. It's a free world gents but can we be free of ridicule and ignorance here? I suspect that will challenge the small minded among us. :D

woodbuck27
05-16-2009, 03:15 PM
OK, so the "Breaking News on Brett Favre!" stream has gone stale and been resigned to images of fictional childhood heroes and cartoon characters. Seems fitting actually.

What the hell is going on with our old pal? Here's Andrew Brandt's take on the subject. His opinion is certainly consistent with the off-field behavior of Favre over the last few years.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/05/wednesday-whys-30/

Why doesn’t Brett Favre make up his mind about signing with the Vikings already?

To all those who wish the 2009 version of the Brett Favre miniseries “Will He or Won’t He?” would end, it won’t. I’m a friend of Brett and admire much about him, but I have lived this for many years. My sense is that Brett would rather that someone else – in this case, the Vikings – make the decision for him rather than make it himself.

If the Vikings woo Brett the way he wanted to be wooed in Green Bay last year and was not, and the way he was wooed last year by the Jets, he will likely play in Minnesota. If they don’t and express lukewarm interest, he will probably stay retired.

Yes, Brett was hurt by the Packers’ decision to move on with Aaron Rodgers last year, but that alone will not make him return to play for the Vikings. The Vikings have to court him with the enthusiasm and passion that would make him feel like he’s truly the missing piece. Then, and only then, will he return.

As to the timing, Brett appears to control that. If the Vikings have a strong interest, their interest will not wane and they will give Brett all the time he needs to make a decision.

This is not about a shoulder or biceps injury or an MRI. This is not about whether Brett wants to play. This is not about Green Bay. This is not about how it ended with the Jets. This is about the Vikings and their level of courtship. That’s the primary factor in whether we see Brett wearing a purple uniform.

Nice post Vince.

Now I feel up to date on Favre and a possible return. THANK YOU. :D

Scott Campbell
05-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Favre in a Vikings uniform certainly is intriguiging. I would use different adjectives to describe the hatred he gets on this forum from some nobs that don't have the brains to blow powder to hell. Yes! That's you as it fits.

People are entitled to hate Favre or love Favre. People are entitled to hate Ted or love Ted. But when you start calling people stupid just because they don't agree with you, then you are the one that has crossed the line.

The Shadow
05-16-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm ok with whatever he does, as long as he does it somewhere other than Green Bay. I sincerely wish, for the sake of his legacy, that he had retired gracefully and with class, but that's not the way it went.
So be it.

FlashPack
05-16-2009, 05:22 PM

I'm going with what we all should know about Brett Favre and that's his love for the game and to compete.

To take it to: It's personal or he has something to prove is dark, as mean and prickly as the personalitys of those that post such garbage. I came to know him as a Packer fan and remain loyal to him as the football player he endeavours to be. To respect his style, spirit and play and for all he wants still hopefully to give to the game.

A suggestion Packerrats:

Let go of the man and lets just see what transpires. It's a free world gents but can we be free of ridicule and ignorance here? I suspect that will challenge the small minded among us. :D

Not sure which fits your post more Naive or mean spirited and condescending . But one thing is clear the small minded comment is a cheap shot by someone who most likely has a man crush on Favre.

cpk1994
05-16-2009, 09:51 PM

A suggestion Packerrats:

Not sure which fits your post more Naive or mean spirited and condescending . But one thing is clear the small minded comment is a cheap shot by someone who most likely has a man crush on Favre.

Totally agree! :bclap:

RashanGary
05-16-2009, 10:00 PM

Big TT fan here but I also like Woodbuck cuz he's crazy cool. Don't go knockin Woody.

That said, anyone who talks about other posters having a "man crush" on Favre is alright by me. Welcome to the site!! There is no such thing as no such thing and there is no such thing as too many Favre realists or too much beer.

woodbuck27
05-17-2009, 04:26 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8105843b&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=trueLooks like Paco has already commented on the article. :lol:

Last year, when Favre applied for reinstatement from retirement, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell -- who was responsible for the reinstatement -- saw the potential for a sour scene at Packers training camp and decided to reach out to Favre by phone.

According to sources, Favre explained to Goodell that he had no choice but to ask the Packers to come back in order to force his release if they wouldn't let him compete with Aaron Rodgers for the starting job in Green Bay.

Favre's intention was to be released and join the Minnesota Vikings, the Packers' NFC North rivals.

At one point, according to the source, Favre got passionate on the phone, telling Goodell, "He (Thompson) doesn't want me going to Minnesota because he knows I'll kick his ass twice a year!"

That makes it mere hearsay. Mere hearsay at a time of high emotion for Favre even if he went there. If he went there? Favre like all here is a mere human being and things this time last season were highly charged.

Again, Favre is human.

Bretsky
05-17-2009, 04:33 PM

A suggestion Packerrats:

Totally agree! :bclap:

of course you would :roll:

congrads to the relatively new poster for appearing to jump on your wagon

CaptainD
05-17-2009, 04:34 PM

Last year, when Favre applied for reinstatement from retirement, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell -- who was responsible for the reinstatement -- saw the potential for a sour scene at Packers training camp and decided to reach out to Favre by phone.

According to sources, Favre explained to Goodell that he had no choice but to ask the Packers to come back in order to force his release if they wouldn't let him compete with Aaron Rodgers for the starting job in Green Bay.

Favre's intention was to be released and join the Minnesota Vikings, the Packers' NFC North rivals.

At one point, according to the source, Favre got passionate on the phone, telling Goodell, "He (Thompson) doesn't want me going to Minnesota because he knows I'll kick his ass twice a year!"

That makes it mere hearsay. Mere hearsay at a time of high emotion for Favre even if he went there. If he went there? Favre like all here is a mere human being and things this time last season were highly charged.

Again, Favre is human.

What can I say? The conspiracy theorists can argue all they want and do revisionist history all they want but facts are facts.
1) TT did not kiss Brett's butt and sign a horde of FAs while Brett was here but that was not an attempt to run Brett out of town. Thats just how TT operates. He is no more urgent to sign FAs with Rodgers as QB than he was with Brett. Is he now trying to run Rodgers out of town?

2)The decision to draft Rodgers was not an attempt to run Brett out of town. Rodgers was the best player on the board. Brett was 36. Brett had been waffling for a couple years already about retirement. The Packers had no quality backup QB let alone an heir apparant if Brett were to leave. And Rodgers just fell to them. And remember Brett kept the job for 3 years after Rodgers arrived and would have kept it in 2008 had Brett not retired.

3) Brett did in fact retire on his own after the 2007 season. Could the Packers have welcomed him back? Sure. Can people be mad that they did not welcome him back? Of course. But lets not change the procuring cause of the problem which is that Brett decided to "hang em up".

Brett was not forced out. Brett was not run off. Brett was not cut or traded until he himself made the first move by retiring. Folks can argue all you want that the Packers were wrong in trading him or not giving his starting job back or whatever but you cannot change the fact than Brett retired for the entire 2008 offseason and then wanted to come back when camp opened and the Packers said "we've moved on." Brett brought this on himself. Now he is invigorated to "stick it" to Green Bay and TT. That is just how it is. No spinning will change those basic facts

woodbuck27
05-17-2009, 04:50 PM

A suggestion Packerrats:

Man crush FlashPack!? Explain that to me please.

I've no idea what your referring to here FlashPack. I'll only assume you most certainly do or you wouldn't use the label. I'm intrigued to read your definitiuon of what a man crush is in your terms.

Inspite of the label:

Here is where I stand on Brett Favre. I'm a Packer and NFL fan. If Favre is medically OK to play for whomever I support that as I enjoy the NFL moreso with the likes of Brett Favre active rather than retired. He had a serious right arm injury last season and still gave it all he had but that i9njury made his throws less accurate. Favre admits this fact was a factor in the Jets collapse over the final six games. All considered Favre was able to QB the Jets to nine victories. Alot of teams failed to win nine games in 2008. He can still win with the right team and even with a team that's not going with all the horses.

I always wish him well as I would any Pro athlete. How can that be an issue or problem at Packerrats? Anywhere?

Bretsky
05-17-2009, 05:07 PM

Again, Favre is human.

What can I say? The conspiracy theorists can argue all they want and do revisionist history all they want but facts are facts.
1) TT did not kiss Brett's butt and sign a horde of FAs while Brett was here but that was not an attempt to run Brett out of town. Thats just how TT operates. He is no more urgent to sign FAs with Rodgers as QB than he was with Brett. Is he now trying to run Rodgers out of town?

2)The decision to draft Rodgers was not an attempt to run Brett out of town. Rodgers was the best player on the board. Brett was 36. Brett had been waffling for a couple years already about retirement. The Packers had no quality backup QB let alone an heir apparant if Brett were to leave. And Rodgers just fell to them. And remember Brett kept the job for 3 years after Rodgers arrived and would have kept it in 2008 had Brett not retired.

3) Brett did in fact retire on his own after the 2007 season. Could the Packers have welcomed him back? Sure. Can people be mad that they did not welcome him back? Of course. But lets not change the procuring cause of the problem which is that Brett decided to "hang em up".

Brett was not forced out. Brett was not run off. Brett was not cut or traded until he himself made the first move by retiring. Folks can argue all you want that the Packers were wrong in trading him or not giving his starting job back or whatever but you cannot change the fact than Brett retired for the entire 2008 offseason and then wanted to come back when camp opened and the Packers said "we've moved on." Brett brought this on himself. Now he is invigorated to "stick it" to Green Bay and TT. That is just how it is. No spinning will change those basic facts

Solid Post Captain :!:

Somehow Favre thinks he was led on or TTT lied to him; but we have no evidence or facts that show that. Who knows.

Cheers,
B

mission
05-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Nice sig, CaptainD... good graphic skills.. That you?

FlashPack
05-17-2009, 05:28 PM

A suggestion Packerrats:

Man crush FlashPack!? Explain that to me please.

I've no idea what your referring to here FlashPack. I'll only assume you most certainly do or you wouldn't use the label. I'm intrigued to read your definitiuon of what a man crush is in your terms.

Inspite of the label:

Here is where I stand on Brett Favre. I'm a Packer and NFL fan. If Favre is medically OK to play for whomever I support that as I enjoy the NFL moreso with the likes of Brett Favre active rather than retired. He had a serious right arm injury last season and still gave it all he had but that i9njury made his throws less accurate. Favre admits this fact was a factor in the Jets collapse over the final six games. All considered Favre was able to QB the Jets to nine victories. Alot of teams failed to win nine games in 2008. He can still win with the right team and even with a team that's not going with all the horses.

I always wish him well as I would any Pro athlete. How can that be an issue or problem at Packerrats? Anywhere?

I think no player is greater than an organization and, regardless of how long Brett was a player for the Packers, the organization needs to put its needs and priorities first, for the long-term betterment of the team. I believe the team was putting its future first when it decided to move on after the retirement of Favre.
There are many choices that Brett Favre could make with his exit from the game. He could walk away gracefully, as Robert Smith and Barry Sanders did, with class and integrity. Or you can flounder around, flirt with the idea that you still have enough skill to play a young man's game. Players who follow the former route seem to have a cleaner epitaph; players that choose to fight against their fade, like Reggie White (Panthers), Jerry Rice (Seahawks) and Edgerrin James (Cardinals) and others, diminish themselves with their choice of exit. They're still great players, but their story takes a forgettable turn at the end, instead of spinning a glorious end.

I am annoyed and irritated that Favre would even consider playing for a team that is one of the most hated for all Packer fans. I would put my hate for the Vikings ("hate" in the most respectful way possible) above my dislike for any other team, including the Bears, or any other team in professional sports.

Favre has the freedom to choose how his legacy is written and time will not forget the choices he has made at the end of his career. If he chooses to play for the Vikes, I will no longer be a Favre fan. If anything, that will strengthen my resolution to remain a fan of the team.

Heck, I doubt I could ever be a fan of an individual player again, considering how Favre manipulated the team, the media and the fanbase for his own purposes. Favre would like to be spun as a victim throughout this whole thing, but Favre--regardless of whether or not you believe he was "pushed" into retiring--made the choice to retire....TWICE. The team has tried to take a professional and non-confrontational stand through this whole drama, yet Favre continually re-inserts himself into the spotlight.

Like it or not, the NFL IS a young man's game. He may still have the skill and will to do battle, but he doesn't have the stamina to keep up.

I hope he's flirting with the idea and stays retired. It would the best for all parties involved--the Viking and the Packers organization, the Viking and Packers players, and the fans of both franchises.

As for the "man Crush comment you had it coming for calling out a new poster....he has just as much right to his opinion as you have to yours.

cpk1994
05-17-2009, 05:33 PM

Again, Favre is human.

Brett was not forced out. Brett was not run off. Brett was not cut or traded until he himself made the first move by retiring. Folks can argue all you want that the Packers were wrong in trading him or not giving his starting job back or whatever but you cannot change the fact than Brett retired for the entire 2008 offseason and then wanted to come back when camp opened and the Packers said "we've moved on." Brett brought this on himself. Now he is invigorated to "stick it" to Green Bay and TT. That is just how it is. No spinning will change those basic factsExcellent post. It should be requried reading for those across the various packer forums that continue to perpetrate the myth that TT ran Brett out of town. :bclap:

Chevelle2
05-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Brett Favre-QB-Jets May. 17 - 11:20 am et

Shoulder specialist Dr. David Altchek believes Brett Favre's arm injury won't prevent him playing again.

"Worst-case scenario, he would have to have minor surgery," said Altchek. "Otherwise, (the Vikings) should be in good shape. I don't think this is the kind of problem where you say, 'Uh-oh.'" Altchek said Favre's best option would be a biceps tenotomy, which would take six to eight weeks of rest and rehab before throwing again. "As a team physician, I wouldn't be worried about this at all," he said.
Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press

woodbuck27
05-17-2009, 05:51 PM

People are entitled to hate Favre or love Favre. People are entitled to hate Ted or love Ted. But when you start calling people stupid just because they don't agree with you, then you are the one that has crossed the line.

Really Scott!?

What good does it do for any of us to hate here or run it on anyone that posts here? That word 'hate', describes over the top too much negative emotion and is far removed from the way we need to be thinking today in terms of balance and peace in this world.

Am I wrong?

cpk1994
05-17-2009, 06:03 PM

Shoulder specialist Dr. David Altchek believes Brett Favre's arm injury won't prevent him playing again.

"Worst-case scenario, he would have to have minor surgery," said Altchek. "Otherwise, (the Vikings) should be in good shape. I don't think this is the kind of problem where you say, 'Uh-oh.'" Altchek said Favre's best option would be a biceps tenotomy, which would take six to eight weeks of rest and rehab before throwing again. "As a team physician, I wouldn't be worried about this at all," he said.
Source: St. Paul Pioneer PressIt should be noted that this Dr. is making his opinion based on reports he has heard and hasn't seen the MRI or X-Rays of Brett's shoulder. Basically he is repeating what other Doctors and specialists have said on it already, bringing up cutting the tendon which was brought up previously.

Here is the article to which Chevelle is referring:

http://www.twincities.com/ci_12382062?source=most_viewed

Also, Sage Rosenfels has broken his silence about Favre. Basically he said "No Comment". Me thinks he maybe a little annoyed with the situation:

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_12390980?nclick_check=1

MJZiggy
05-17-2009, 07:13 PM
He he he...they get an injured rent-a-QB for a season and piss off the one they brought in to be the guy in the process...

Stevogbfan
05-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Nice sig, CaptainD... good graphic skills.. That you?

i agree totally, nice to see jennings on there, he's gunna be great

woodbuck27
05-17-2009, 09:43 PM
He he he...they get an injured rent-a-QB for a season and piss off the one they brought in to be the guy in the process...

they get an injured rent-a-QB for a season - an injured rent-a-QB - rent-a-QB . . . . all that. . . eqated to Brett Favre.

I was in Maple Leaf Gardens in the early 1970's and witnessed the Leaf fans boo the Great Goalie Johnny Bower too. How soon the mighty can fall to those who couldn't even lace up their boots.

Bretsky
05-17-2009, 09:54 PM

cold chick

swede
05-17-2009, 09:57 PM
I was in Maple Leaf Gardens in the early 1970's and witnessed the Leaf fans boo the Great Goalie Johnny Bower too. How soon the mighty can fall to those who couldn't even lace up their boots.

And who can forget Cleveland, 1957, when Ace "Side Pocket" Harrington returned to Harold Beckman's Pool Hall to win back the Nine Ball trophy he'd held for twelve consecutive years only to hear jeers and catcalls from the crowd which hadn't forgiven him for leaving Beckman's to play for Joey "The Neck" Soluzzi in Cincinnati.

woodbuck27
05-17-2009, 09:58 PM

cold chick

Icey :D

woodbuck27
05-17-2009, 10:06 PM

And who can forget Cleveland, 1957, when Ace "Side Pocket" Harrington returned to Harold Beckman's Pool Hall to win back the Nine Ball trophy he'd held for twelve consecutive years only to hear jeers and catcalls from the crowd which hadn't forgiven him for leaving Beckman's to play for Joey "The Neck" Soluzzi in Cincinnati.

Yea. I'm admittidly sentimentle.

but. . . Hahaaha. Great one Swede. Very funny. :D

swede
05-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Welcome back, Buck! :flag:

woodbuck27
05-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Welcome back, Buck! :flag:

Thank You Swede.

Scott Campbell
05-17-2009, 10:44 PM

cold chick

Pffft. You guys just don't know how to warm em up.

woodbuck27
05-17-2009, 10:48 PM

cold chick

Pffft. You guys just don't know how to warm em up.

Well experience certainly can be a factor Scott as well as still handling it.

Harlan Huckleby
05-17-2009, 11:31 PM

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press

Interesting. 6 to 8 weeks of rest following surgery. I expect Favre is setting up an early July date with the surgeon. No sense rushing into training camp. :lol: