PDA

View Full Version : OT : It must hard being a Raiders fan...

packers11
05-09-2009, 06:19 PM
JaMarcus Russell has reportedly looked very poor at the team's minicamp practices.

We hesitate to pass along many practice observations because it's subjective and played in shorts. But Russell's reviews have been uniformly terrible over the weekend, with multiple writers saying his accuracy was lacking. Jeff Garcia has also reportedly struggled.

Source: Oakland Tribune

Darius Heyward-Bey dropped three passes in a row at one point during practice Saturday.

Cue Mel Kiper! We obviously wouldn't take this news too seriously, but every drop by DHB is going to get extra attention. (He got a scolding from Jeff Garcia) At least Heyward-Bey is running with the first team.

I was never a J-Russel fan, and thought he would be bust since day 1... Heyward-Bey over Crabtree... I will never get that pick either...

I have no clue how the fans could stand up for these ridiculous drafts... I know its only minicamp, but come on... Throwing/catching the ball in shorts should be easier if anything...

Brandon494
05-09-2009, 08:17 PM
JaMarcus Russell has reportedly looked very poor at the team's minicamp practices.

We hesitate to pass along many practice observations because it's subjective and played in shorts. But Russell's reviews have been uniformly terrible over the weekend, with multiple writers saying his accuracy was lacking. Jeff Garcia has also reportedly struggled.

Source: Oakland Tribune

Darius Heyward-Bey dropped three passes in a row at one point during practice Saturday.

Cue Mel Kiper! We obviously wouldn't take this news too seriously, but every drop by DHB is going to get extra attention. (He got a scolding from Jeff Garcia) At least Heyward-Bey is running with the first team.

I was never a J-Russel fan, and thought he would be bust since day 1... Heyward-Bey over Crabtree... I will never get that pick either...

I have no clue how the fans could stand up for these ridiculous drafts... I know its only minicamp, but come on... Throwing/catching the ball in shorts should be easier if anything...

No kidding, and the funny thing is you don't hear nearly the amount of bitching from their fans as we hear from the TT haters.

BobDobbs
05-09-2009, 08:28 PM
People out in Oakland definitely are unhappy with the team and it's hard to find someone who would really stand up for their drafts. The reason you don't see so much outward anger is that there is no hope.

Unless Al Davis is assassinated he will continue to run the team into the ground. It's terrible to watch. But I love Raiders fans, they are not fairweather fans. On Sundays Oakland feels like Milwaukee you can tell how the Raiders are doing just listening to the screams going up from all the houses on the street. In San Francisco you probably wouldn't even know there's a game going on.

They stand by their team. Unfortunately for them they are in an abusive relationship. Maybe we should call protective services.

Fritz
05-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Add the Lions' fans to that list. They've been beaten down.

But I was not a Jamarcus Russell fan, either. Nor do I get the DHB thing. But who does get either one of those picks?

oregonpackfan
05-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Al Davis was once one of the brightest minds in NFL football. It now appears some form of senility/dementia/Alzeimer's disease has taken over. He has made terrible picks in the draft, given inflated contracts to free agents with questionable skills, and hired inexperienced head coaches.

If the NFL Commissioner would ever need to do an owner intervention, Al Davis qualifies.

KYPack
05-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Al Davis was once one of the brightest minds in NFL football. It now appears some form of senility/dementia/Alzeimer's disease has taken over. He has made terrible picks in the draft, given inflated contracts to free agents with questionable skills, and hired inexperienced head coaches.

If the NFL Commissioner would ever need to do an owner intervention, Al Davis qualifies.

That deal he gave DT Tommie Kelley?

A JAG DT who never stood out.

Why Al?

SnakeLH2006
05-09-2009, 11:38 PM

Great post. Now that you summed that up, I also agree that I thought JaMarcus was gonna bust hard. All the talent in the world is worthless if you have new coaching staffs almost every year and an inept owner not getting you impact players through the draft. Their drafts are a joke, and Brett will be happy, that unless Crabby goes all TO, he'll prob. be a star. Their FA moves are just flat out ridiculous too. Too bad that old bastard Al just kills their team in everything he's done lately as it seems he's way out of touch and unwilling to change to quick throws. JM is big, but will get killed in that vertical attack with a piss-poor OL.

Al's Personal Assistant (wheeling him out to the draft room): Sir, would you like a prune juice with your granola bar.
Al: Put some fucking scotch in it you ungrateful weasel!
Al's PA: Yes, sir. Coach just called and said he's prefer the OT from Baylor to protect JM.
Al: Does he run a 4.3 40? Fuck no. Just get the fucking Scotch already.

It could be worse though, as one of my best bro's was a Detroit native, and is a Lion and Diehard Raider fan. Man, did Snake love giving him shit the past many years. Yes, the Pack has been up and down, but improving. That mess in Detroit and Oakland goes from bad to worse EVERY year. Can't imagine rooting for those clusterfuck messes. But the Raider Nation does have some die-hard fans (know several), but man the pain. :whaa: