PDA

View Full Version : Best QB in the NFC North

sheepshead
05-12-2009, 11:20 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=greenbaysrodgersstilllea&prov=tsn&type=lgns

yup--it's our guy.

Pack-man
05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Good read and I do agree wholeheartedly with the article!

RashanGary
05-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Wow, great read. Filled with actual evidence and backed with reasoning other than empty hyperbole.

For the record, I agree. We've got ourselves a better than good QB. Maybe great.

BobDobbs
05-12-2009, 03:26 PM
The Best thing about this year is that it will be a really good contest to watch as the year unfolds. If Favre signs with Minnesota we'd have him there, Rodgers in Green Bay, Stafford/Culpepper in Detroit, and Cutler in Chicago.

That would make the QB position in the NFC North more exciting than it has been maybe ever. I don't know how good the position will be, but fun to watch. Yes.

Packnut
05-12-2009, 03:38 PM
While it's logical to assume Rodgers takes the next step in his evolution, nothing in this game is guarenteed.

Pacopete4
05-12-2009, 03:39 PM
While it's logical to assume Rodgers takes the next step in his evolution, nothing in this game is guarenteed.

yep that mysterious "sophomore slump" could always play into it..

bobblehead
05-12-2009, 04:11 PM

I have to admit, you 2 made me chuckle. You are so transparent I'm going to refer to you guys as windex from now on.....keep holding your breath hoping Arod fails just so you can say I told you so.

Pacopete4
05-12-2009, 04:30 PM

I have to admit, you 2 made me chuckle. You are so transparent I'm going to refer to you guys as windex from now on.....keep holding your breath hoping Arod fails just so you can say I told you so.

umm... bobblehead, I dont want Arod to fail. I was just stating sometimes people play bad in their 2nd year, or sophomore years. It's called a sophomore slump... so blow it out ur ass

Tyrone Bigguns
05-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Unfortunately it isn't his second year. :oops:

Pacopete4
05-12-2009, 04:32 PM

well.. 2nd year playing, but ya.. I get that he's been around for awhile now

Partial
05-12-2009, 05:59 PM
I definitely agree that Rodgers has the finest supporting cast from a receiver and tight end perspective around him. Running backs not so much. Line is fine. Pure talent? It's gotta be a toss up with Cutler.

sheepshead
05-12-2009, 06:34 PM
I definitely agree that Rodgers has the finest supporting cast from a receiver and tight end perspective around him. Running backs not so much. Line is fine. Pure talent? It's gotta be a toss up with Cutler.

Theres the rub brother-no one had more talent than Ryan Leif, Jeff George etc etc.

Joemailman
05-12-2009, 06:39 PM
I think Cutler probably has more natural ability. I think Rodgers does a better job of maximizing his abilities though.

CaptainD
05-12-2009, 06:49 PM
What Aaron Rodgers has on Cutler is his ability to move defense's with his eyes and diagnose defensive schemes at the line. I also think A-rod lets mistakes go easier then Cutler.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-12-2009, 06:59 PM

Not his second year playing.

Pacopete4
05-12-2009, 07:02 PM

Not his second year playing.

will second year starting make you happy? :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
05-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I think Cutler probably has more natural ability. I think Rodgers does a better job of maximizing his abilities though.

I don't know Cutler, maybe you are right. But my impression is that Rodgers is top-of-the-line talent-wise, he has an EXCELLENT arm. Athletic scrambler too. I think the question with Rodgers is whether he is tough enough, maybe that question was answered last season.

arcilite
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
A-rod is the fucking man

and im drunk and gonna go watch some deadliest catch.

Pacopete4
05-12-2009, 07:56 PM
A-rod is the fucking man

and im drunk and gonna go watch some deadliest catch.

hahahaha great post

Packnut
05-12-2009, 08:04 PM

Yeah, that's worth chuckling about I guess, since I was one of thevery few defending this guy when most here wanted to feed him to the wolves a few seasons back, In fact, I've been supporting him all along. But, I guess there are always morons who don't pay attention............ :roll:

Lurker64
05-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Sagearis Jacksonfels.

Rastak
05-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Sagearis Jacksonfels.

Sagearis Lorenzo Jacksonfels to you Lurk...... 8-)

Fritz
05-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Sagearis John David Lorenzo Booty Rosenjacks

sharpe1027
05-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Soon to be:

Sagebrettaris John David Lorenzo Booty Rosfavrenjacks

MJZiggy
05-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Some days stepping in in the middle requires alcohol...

BZnDallas
05-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Soon to be:

Sagebrettaris John David Lorenzo Booty Rosfavrenjacks

would make a great ass tattoo!! :wink:

MOBB DEEP
05-13-2009, 10:24 PM
just win baby....

thats what QBs are judged by

GO CELTICS

sheepshead
05-13-2009, 10:42 PM