PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Playoffs

Joemailman
05-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Just wondering if I'm the only person in Packerland watching. I'm a lifelong Blackhawks fan (hence the avatar), and it's fun to see them involved in the playoffs again. Three of the four conference semifinals series (other than the Blackhawks) are going to a 7th game which should be interesting.

Bossman641
05-13-2009, 05:46 PM
As a lifelong Hawks fan, who do you want to win the Det-Ana series? I'm just a casual fan so I can't put it in perspective.

I'm trying to think of it as if the Packers won to advance to the NFC finals on Saturday and the Bears were playing to advance on Sunday. I'd want the Bears to lose. Is it the same thing for you? Do you want the Red Wings to lose no matter what or would it be that much sweeter to go through them?

I'm hoping for Det-Chi but that's just as an outsider.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-13-2009, 05:51 PM
They still play hockey.

How underground and cutting edge. :wink:

Joemailman
05-13-2009, 06:13 PM
As a lifelong Hawks fan, who do you want to win the Det-Ana series? I'm just a casual fan so I can't put it in perspective.

I'm trying to think of it as if the Packers won to advance to the NFC finals on Saturday and the Bears were playing to advance on Sunday. I'd want the Bears to lose. Is it the same thing for you? Do you want the Red Wings to lose no matter what or would it be that much sweeter to go through them?

I'm hoping for Det-Chi but that's just as an outsider.

Mixed feelings. A series with Detroit would be special, but Hawks would have home ice advantage if Anaheim wins. I'm not sure if the Hawks are ready to beat Detroit in a playoff series. Actually, I'm just enjoying the season. The Blackhawks are so young that I'm not expecting a Stanley Cup this year. If it happens, that's great, but the experience they are gaining will be invaluable whether they win it or not.

green_bowl_packer
05-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Let's hope we hear this ALOT in the coming weeks!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clhOnZRrmXc

Partial
05-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Admirals are in a game 7 tonight.

MJZiggy
05-13-2009, 07:52 PM
The only reason I know they're even playing is because the Caps are in game 7 against Boston and everyone's walking around in Ovechkin jerseys.

Bossman641
05-13-2009, 08:09 PM
The Capitals look HORRIBLE

MJZiggy
05-13-2009, 08:55 PM
That's the impression I'm getting. Last night when I left the poker tournament they were down 2-0, but somehow they pulled a win out of their collective overtimes.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-13-2009, 08:58 PM
That's the impression I'm getting. Last night when I left the poker tournament they were down 2-0, but somehow they pulled a win out of their collective overtimes.

Thin, smart and a poker player.....SOMEONE SCOOP HER UP!!!

Joemailman
05-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Caps lose 6-2. Don't know if I've ever seen a team play that bad at home in a Game 7.

digitaldean
05-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Was worried about the Pens tonight, especially the way the Wash. goalie Varlamov was playing in game 6. Well they steamrolled the Caps.

I picked Carolina over Boston, but I think the Bruins are getting up a head of steam.

In the West, it'd be great to see Anaheim vs Chicago in the conf. finals.

Ultimately, I think the Blackhawks vs. the Pens would be the most entertaining.

digitaldean
05-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Caps lose 6-2. Don't know if I've ever seen a team play that bad at home in a Game 7.

If Wash. had learned something called defense, they would have won this series in 5 or 6 games. Varlamov was just peppered mercilessly.

Same thing applies for the Ducks. Hiller has bailed them out in 2 games, but he can only do so much.

MJZiggy
05-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Great. Everyone's gonna be all pissy tomorrow because the Caps lost.

Bossman641
05-13-2009, 09:28 PM

If Wash. had learned something called defense, they would have won this series in 5 or 6 games. Varlamov was just peppered mercilessly.

I actually felt bad for him in the 1st period. 16 shots for the Penguins, ridiculous. It was like watching practice/

Joemailman
05-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Detroit/Anaheim should be interesting tomorrow night. Last 2 Cup champions in a Game 7. Hard to bet against Detroit though.