Bretsky
05-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Anybody had any great or terrible results with certain models

Now that I bought my inground hoop I think we might replace our 2000 MV

Looking at the Town and Country models

Any views ?

Tyrone Bigguns
05-16-2009, 12:48 AM
This is kinda like asking straight guys about their experimental college days. :wink:

Jimx29
05-16-2009, 01:43 AM
They generally make great demo derby vehicles :wink:

Partial
05-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Honda. Honda makes a great product.

Harlan Huckleby
05-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Seriously, I would be shopping at one of the Chrysler dealerships that was just closed down. Chrysler has refused to buy-back any of their inventories, and the dealers lose ability to offer incentives some time in June. They will be giving the cars away for a song and a dance the next few weeks. Chrysler Jeep must make a minivan.

There are a thousand GM dealers closing too, but I'm not sure if they are in such a dire position as the Chrysler dealerships.

MJZiggy
05-16-2009, 06:00 AM
Harlan, the Town and Country IS a Chrysler.

Serendipity, Bretsky.

Harlan Huckleby
05-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Harlan, the Town and Country IS a Chrysler.

Serendipity, Bretsky.

Not luck, I have a hunch Bretsky was onto the Chrysler opportunity before my consultation. There is blood in the water, and Bretsky is a shark.

RashanGary
05-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Honda. Honda makes a great product.

Agreed. Don't have one, but my next car will be one (well either an accord or a 4-runner because of how much car you get with a 4 runner, how well built it is and how reasonably priced they are used with SUV's being phased out by people right now)

The Honda Accord is the best mid sized car on the road (the most reliable car on the road year after year after year)
The Honda Odyssey is the best minivan on the road

The Civic, CR-V and Pilot are extremely competitive and also proven to be great vehicles (They're not head and shoulders above a few of the other top cars carolla, 4-runner, highlander. . . but if I were to buy in any of these classes, I'd feel GREAT about buying any of these three Honda models. Even though they are have solid competition, they're still right there as the best)

All of Hondas new models, they may not be battle tested like the long standing Honda models, but if I were the type of guy who liked to be out on the cutting edge and wanted the latest and greatest, trendy looking cars, I'd still go Honda because everything they touch they do right. I'm put function over fashion, so I prefer to go with the proven reliable cars with the options I need (space, enough power). My next car will either be an Accord or a 4-runner. If I were to get a minivan, I'd get an Odyssey and there would be no competition.

HONDA ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIES IN THE WORLD. THEY ARE BRILLIANT IN THEIR ABILITY TO PRODUCE A BETTER CAR MORE EFFICIENTLY AND DEDICATED TO EXCELLENCE.

Everyone knows how I feel about value. Honda is dedicated and dominate at delivering value.

retailguy
05-16-2009, 09:11 AM
The resale on a Chrysler stinks and has always stunk. If you're buying it to drive it until the wheels fall off, ok, but chrysler has always had transmission troubles too.

My sister in law just put a trans in her Pacifica... Over $2k.

Toyota Sienna. Very good product.

Scott Campbell
05-16-2009, 09:28 AM

Any views ?

So I guess you've completely given up on trying to pick up lesbians.

MJZiggy
05-16-2009, 09:31 AM

Any views ?

So I guess you've completely given up on trying to pick up lesbians.

Straight women too...

RashanGary
05-16-2009, 09:58 AM

I love the 4-runner and Tundra.

Toyota also makes a great car (especially if you stick to their battle tested, front line vehicles).

I'm a big believer in Honda though. I love Honda.

Scott Campbell
05-16-2009, 10:05 AM
The resale on a Chrysler stinks and has always stunk. If you're buying it to drive it until the wheels fall off, ok, but chrysler has always had transmission troubles too.

My sister in law just put a trans in her Pacifica... Over $2k.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I'd use Chrysler's going out of business sales as leverage to get the vehicle you really want at a better price. And then I'd drive it a couple of years longer to drive the total cost of ownership down. I wouldn't get a vehicle you didn't really like that much just because it's extra cheap right now.

BallHawk
05-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Family has a Honda Odyssey. Drives smooth, not too bulky, has everything you want in a minivan, and Honda maintenance and service is top-notch. There's a reason they're probably the most popular minivan on the road.

Deputy Nutz
05-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Honda Oddessy = GOOD REALLY FUCKING GOOD

Ford Windstar or whatever they fucking call it now = SHIT BIG PILE OF RUNNY BLOODY SHIT!!! I HATE THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!

digitaldean
05-17-2009, 06:53 PM
I have had 3 Chrysler/Dodge minivans. 1 Towne & Country that puked out at 144,000 (tranny) and Dodge Caravan that died at 150,000 (again tranny). Got them both from relatives and were dependable except the tranny issues near the end of their lives.

We bought a used Towne & Country from the same dealer I got my Dakota from (which was on the Chrysler death list) less than 6 months ago. I will drive this till wheels fall off as well. Only reason I didn't go with a Honda was the price of a used too expensive for my budget.

Honda Certified Used vehicles are an awesome deal. They may seem a little salty pricewise, but they are very dependable.

Freak Out
05-17-2009, 09:33 PM
The Honda van is really the best one out there now...only Toyota is close.

Partial
05-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Get a pilot Bretsky. Still plenty of space to haul the fam around but way cooler.

BallHawk
05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Get a pilot Bretsky. Still plenty of space to haul the fam around but way cooler.

We almost got that car instead of the Oddysey, but it's a freakin big car. If you're into that it works, but it's big.

Partial
05-17-2009, 10:26 PM

We almost got that car instead of the Oddysey, but it's a freakin big car. If you're into that it works, but it's big.

Surprised by that. Looks to be about the same size as a minivan. Fair enough , I've never been near one.

oregonpackfan
05-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Our family bought a Toyota Sienna minivan in '02 and we still have it.

The performance and reliability has been outstanding. We have also gotten free oil changes from the dealer every 3,000 miles and will continue to get free oil changes for the life of the car.

Except for scheduled maintenance, the minivan has not needed any repairs.

It was money well spent, IMO.

Little Whiskey
05-18-2009, 11:42 AM
buy detroit.

falco
05-18-2009, 01:14 PM
good-bye detroit.

fixed

Harlan Huckleby
05-18-2009, 01:28 PM
this country is screwed without an autoindustry.

Its not enough just to assemble them here for the designers in Japan.

Freak Out
05-18-2009, 01:52 PM
If they sold them in the US I would buy the VW diesel van in a heartbeat.

retailguy
05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
this country is screwed without an autoindustry.

Its not enough just to assemble them here for the designers in Japan.

I agree with you. However, you seem to be asking for "utopia". The unions won't compromise to deal with the new "reality". Detroit spent years building "sub standard" quality cars. They're paying for that now. The sad part is some of the new American cars are rated top notch.

I still keep a lifter from my last Oldsmobile on my desk at home as a paperweight to remind me. "Never Again will I buy a GM car".

I'll never forget the last one, and will never consider buying another one, I don't care what the price is.