PDA

View Full Version : FAVRE TO HAVE SURGERY

Pages : 1 [2]

run pMc
06-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Think it isn't gonna be an annoyance for the MIN players who actually show up for TC/OTA's to have to keep answering Favre questions?

TJack and Sage gotta be loving this, too.

The longer this drags out, the more it hurts the Vikings. Adjusting to a new QB isn't seamless, and all the drama Favre brings is going to affect that locker room.

I'm sure there are posters who hope that (if he comes back) he waits until August to sign.

Chevelle2
06-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Favre drops back, looking, looking, pressure up the middle from Matthews, he throws ITS PICKED OFF (YESSS!!1 McCarren in the background) WOODSON TO THE 15, 10 5, TOUCHDOWN PACKERS! AND THERE! IS! YOUR DAGGER!

:D

pbmax
06-08-2009, 09:17 AM
If you are refering to Childress walking into Vikings HQ while ESPN was reporting he was in Mississippi that was Fox9 showing live footage. With ESPN regarding Brett Favre, you have to be a little more skeptical becuase they tend to fall over themselves to get a story.
They do. And they are dialed in directly to Favre. But that means in addition to flogging the story overall, they get used by Favre Camp to slow things down to Favre Speed. My belief is that if he decides to play, he doesn't want to show up much before training camp, or the Favre Calendar.

PFT on the TV Footage of Chilly Going to Work (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/06/report-childress-to-meet-with-favre-tonight/)
and
Star-Tribune Blog with the News that Childress was in Missouri by Jeff Zulgad (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/06/report-childress-to-meet-with-favre-tonight/)

Now do me the favor of finding the original ESPN report that Childress was in Missouri that morning. What you will likely find is Sportscenter or some radiohead repeating the Star-Tribune blog.

To help you, I here is the PFT mention of ESPN's report that Chilly and Brad would meet that week (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/06/favre-childress-already-meeting/)
This is Werder reporting about the meeting later this week. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4142857)
And here is ESPN's Nichols throwing water on the Star-Tribune report that Chilly was in Missouri meeting with Favre Wednesday night. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4148772)

Packnut
06-08-2009, 09:33 AM
A study in human nature.

1-Favre beats NE which is something that Jet's fans had'nt seen in quite a while. The usual Favre bashers here are strangely quiet.

2-Favre and the Jets upset a Tenn team that up until then was the toast of the NFL. The Favre bashers here again have nothing to say.

3- Favre's play becomes brutal in the final quarter of the season and the bashers here come out from under their rocks and just rip into him.

4- The news finally comes out about the injury which EXPLAINS the lack of arm strength and poor play. Kinda makes the usual Favre bashing crowd look really stupid for ripping an injured player, yet the onslaught continues.

Now anyone with an ounce of class would have just slithered back under the rock but not these clowns. Now they would tell you that the injury was no excuse. They now tell you how the Jets made a horrible move with Favre ect. ect. It's Favre's fault that he was injured and even so, the fact he tried played QB with no arm in THEIR pea sized brains means nothing.

I predict the same scenario will emerge again. IF Favre's shoulder heals and he plays for the Vikes you will see the same people here rip into him and predict doom and gloom for Minnesota. IF he plays well and they have success, the same people here will again fall strangely quiet and if he fails, they again will jump with joy and their lives will once again have meaning and purpose.

Yep, a study in human nature.................

pbmax
06-08-2009, 09:37 AM
A study in human nature.

1-Favre beats NE which is something that Jet's fans had'nt seen in quite a while. The usual Favre bashers here are strangely quiet.
A study in human nature: Ignoring the Elephant In The Room.

The Question: What was different last year from the Jets-Pats rivalries in year's past? Brett Favre, sure. But I seem to recall somebody else making the news in week 1....

Bossman641
06-08-2009, 10:24 AM
A study in human nature

Favre and the Jets have a strong start - Favre lovers worldwide celebrate. Take the opportunity to rip TT (even though MM had more say than TT :huh: )

Rodgers plays well - Rodgers fans, and those sick of Favre's BS, back Rodgers. Point out how Rodgers play compares favorably to Favre and is not the main reason for the team's struggles. Favre fans cling to ridiculous arguments, claiming Favre inspired the defense and special teams to play better and ignoring differences between the two teams.

Favre struggles down the stretch - Favre lovers disappear.

cpk1994
06-08-2009, 10:59 AM
If you are refering to Childress walking into Vikings HQ while ESPN was reporting he was in Mississippi that was Fox9 showing live footage. With ESPN regarding Brett Favre, you have to be a little more skeptical becuase they tend to fall over themselves to get a story.
They do. And they are dialed in directly to Favre. But that means in addition to flogging the story overall, they get used by Favre Camp to slow things down to Favre Speed. My belief is that if he decides to play, he doesn't want to show up much before training camp, or the Favre Calendar.

PFT on the TV Footage of Chilly Going to Work (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/06/report-childress-to-meet-with-favre-tonight/)
and
Star-Tribune Blog with the News that Childress was in Missouri by Jeff Zulgad (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/06/report-childress-to-meet-with-favre-tonight/)

Now do me the favor of finding the original ESPN report that Childress was in Missouri that morning. What you will likely find is Sportscenter or some radiohead repeating the Star-Tribune blog.

To help you, I here is the PFT mention of ESPN's report that Chilly and Brad would meet that week (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/06/favre-childress-already-meeting/)
This is Werder reporting about the meeting later this week. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4142857)
And here is ESPN's Nichols throwing water on the Star-Tribune report that Chilly was in Missouri meeting with Favre Wednesday night. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4148772)I said Mississippi, not Missouri. 2. The ESPN report comes courtesy of Rachel Nichols, who was stationed outside Brett's home and claimed that Childress was there and that Brett was having a conversation him as she was speaking. At the same time, Fox9 in Minneapolis showed Childress in Minneapolis. No Star-Tribune cited. They conmtinued to claim that even after it was determined that Childress wasn't there, about two later did ESPN finally report Childress wasn't there.

Patler
06-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Study in human nature:

1. Favre plays poorly the last 1/3 of 2005, and in 2006, also in 2007. Fans wanting to discuss if Favre is too old for a full season in the NFL point it out. Favre apologists find excuses for each year. (Its always someone else's fault, isn't it?).

2. Favre plays poorly the last 1/3 of 2008, but has an injury. Favre apologists jump on that to accuse anyone wanting to discuss the 4 year trend as "bashers".

3. Favre apologist continue to ignore the discussions of the four year trend.

The above is offered as parody, and should not be taken personally by any poster. :wink:

Moral from the study of human nature:
The simple fact is we all form opinions, and try to rationalize the facts to support our opinions. That does not make us "bashers" or "apologists" or "haters" or "lovers" of a player, coach or administrator. Threads that do nothing other than to attempt to sterotype opinions as inherently good or bad, positive or negative, in fact serve no real purpose at all. Why do some insist on continuing to post them???

Packerarcher
06-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Favre drops back, looking, looking, pressure up the middle from Matthews, he throws ITS PICKED OFF (YESSS!!1 McCarren in the background) WOODSON TO THE 15, 10 5, TOUCHDOWN PACKERS! AND THERE! IS! YOUR DAGGER!

More than likely Favre torches the Pack for a very lopsided win for the Vikes. If you can continually be a dick,I can play devils advocate.

Pacopete4
06-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Looks as though Favre was given the deadline of this week to decide if he will play or not by Childress but Ed Werner said Brett doesnt feel good with his arm yet so it'll be tough for him to say yes..

Bossman641
06-08-2009, 11:26 AM

More than likely Favre torches the Pack for a very lopsided win for the Vikes. If you can continually be a dick,I can play devils advocate.

Describing a situation that all PACKER fans should love is being a dick?

Fritz
06-08-2009, 11:27 AM

If he's being a dick, wouldn't you be playing vagina's advocate or something like that?

pbmax
06-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Vikings have given Favre a deadline, according to ESPN Ed Werdson or Chris Mortener. Via PFT:

If Brett Favre wants to play for the Minnesota Vikings, then the indecisive retired quarterback needs to make up his mind fast, according to Chris Mortensen and Ed Werder of ESPN.com.

Per the report, which cited two sources, Vikings coach Brad Childress has set a deadline for this week for Favre to make up his mind on whether he’ll join the Vikings as their starting quarterback or remain retired in Mississippi. It’s unclear how firm that deadline really is, though.
ESPN Werdson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4240888)

Zool
06-08-2009, 11:43 AM
From my understanding, he's not overly fond of deadlines.

Bossman641
06-08-2009, 12:03 PM

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?? THIS IS BRETT FAVRE!!!! ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD ACTUALLY EXPECT FAVRE TO MAKE UP HIS MIND AND GIVE AN ANSWER. THE VIKINGS DON'T DESERVE FAVRE AFTER THIS LACK OF RESPECT.

packers11
06-08-2009, 12:07 PM

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?? THIS IS BRETT FAVRE!!!! ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD ACTUALLY EXPECT FAVRE TO MAKE UP HIS MIND AND GIVE AN ANSWER. THE VIKINGS DON'T DESERVE FAVRE AFTER THIS LACK OF RESPECT.

:lol:

cpk1994
06-08-2009, 12:09 PM

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?? THIS IS BRETT FAVRE!!!! ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD ACTUALLY EXPECT FAVRE TO MAKE UP HIS MIND AND GIVE AN ANSWER. THE VIKINGS DON'T DESERVE FAVRE AFTER THIS LACK OF RESPECT.Well played. :lol:

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Well, the Jets tried it and we saw the result.
By the way, how would you like to be the guy who signed off on getting rid of Chad Pennington in favor of adding Favre?

The Jets more than doubled their wins from two seasons ago? Don't be a dipshit. In the end it fell apart, as you can see Favre tried to play the last part of the season with an injury, one that required surgery.

Pennington was hurt that year and played only 9 games? And so was much of the team?

So? I was just stating a perfectly good fact. Isn't Pennington like always hurt?

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I have a gripe against Favre, that would be that he used the Jets and they used him , but then forced them into releasing him with another fake retirement so he could start contract conversations with the Vikings.

How did the Jets use Favre? They traded for him, got rid of their incumbent QB and turned the offense over to Favre. They said at the end of the year that they wanted him back and would adjust their roster to accommodate his salary. They didn't demand a salary reduction.

I do agree that it appears Favre was not completely honest with the Jets, however. I was going to write that I am surprised this has not been given notice by the media, but actually, I am not surprised. They tend to ignore or recast anything negative about Favre.

They paid to get Favre, yes this is true, but they knew this wasn't a long term solution to their QB needs. They were hoping for a spring board effect with a season or maybe two of Favre. The Jets are continually the 2nd fiddle to the Giants, this was a way to on up the Giants get more attention and more buys for their new stadium. Again merchandise sales would also come into play.

Patler
06-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I have a gripe against Favre, that would be that he used the Jets and they used him , but then forced them into releasing him with another fake retirement so he could start contract conversations with the Vikings.

How did the Jets use Favre? They traded for him, got rid of their incumbent QB and turned the offense over to Favre. They said at the end of the year that they wanted him back and would adjust their roster to accommodate his salary. They didn't demand a salary reduction.

I do agree that it appears Favre was not completely honest with the Jets, however. I was going to write that I am surprised this has not been given notice by the media, but actually, I am not surprised. They tend to ignore or recast anything negative about Favre.

They paid to get Favre, yes this is true, but they knew this wasn't a long term solution to their QB needs. They were hoping for a spring board effect with a season or maybe two of Favre. The Jets are continually the 2nd fiddle to the Giants, this was a way to on up the Giants get more attention and more buys for their new stadium. Again merchandise sales would also come into play.

That's not using Favre, at least not in the way I think of the term. They did not take advantage of Favre. On the contrary, they made a commitment to him, and to everything that went along with it, both good and bad. They didn't hedge their bet by keeping Pennington. They didn't pull him even when he went sour at the end of the season. They honored their commitment to him in every way.

Favre, on the other hand did not seem to commit to the Jets. He used the Jets to get what he has wanted for some time now, free agency.

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Then we are in agreement, next time don't make it so difficult.

Patler
06-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Then we are in agreement, next time don't make it so difficult.

OK, now you have totally confused me (perhaps attributable to my decades and decades of killing perfectly good brain cells in various ways!)

The only thing I challenged was your statement that the Jets used Favre. It was the only thing I asked about. I disagreed with that, and still do. Unless you have changed your mind, you think they did use Favre. So we disagree.

I always agreed with your statement of Favre using the Jets. I never questioned it.

Chevelle2
06-08-2009, 02:04 PM

Being a dick because I want the team I have followed since I was 7 years old, to win?

Pacopete4
06-08-2009, 02:06 PM

Being a dick because I want the team I have followed since I was 7 years old, to win?

oh quit trying to play the innocent one.. u knew what u were doing when u typed that stuff out..

RashanGary
06-08-2009, 02:08 PM
I always agreed with your statement of Favre using the Jets. I never questioned it.

It's all part of the, "well maybe he did wrong but so did everyone else" card that the Favre loyalists have been reduced to.

There is the, "yeah, Favre probably talked to the Vikings illegally, but the Vikings should know better".

Then the, "yeah, Favre is acting like a major a-hole, but the Packers had to of done something to deserve it even if there is no evidence to support it"

And now, "Favre used the Jets but the Jets used him"

There can never be an admittance of fault without an excuse to go with it so pardon Nutz while he rationalizes the behavior of his fairytale hero. So he was wrong with this rationalization. He'll find another.

RashanGary
06-08-2009, 02:09 PM
oh quit trying to play the innocent one.. u knew what u were doing when u typed that stuff out..

Yeah, we hope Favre gets crushed in the purple. Big deal. Most of us are Packer fans here. Now if we were doing that at a Viking forum, I could see the dick claims.

Chevelle2
06-08-2009, 02:11 PM

What was I doing? I truly want this clown to go out and throw 3 picks a game. Is that wrong of me?

RashanGary
06-08-2009, 02:12 PM
What was I doing? I truly want this clown to go out and throw 3 picks a game. Is that wrong of me?

Not at all. Nice work. I want him to get hurt, just to provide some humility that I think he badly needs and that's not wrong. That's in his best interest.

Pacopete4
06-08-2009, 02:21 PM

Not at all. Nice work. I want him to get hurt, just to provide some humility that I think he badly needs and that's not wrong. That's in his best interest.

yes.. this is wrong. :roll:

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 02:23 PM

It's all part of the, "well maybe he did wrong but so did everyone else" card that the Favre loyalists have been reduced to.

There is the, "yeah, Favre probably talked to the Vikings illegally, but the Vikings should know better".

Then the, "yeah, Favre is acting like a major a-hole, but the Packers had to of done something to deserve it even if there is no evidence to support it"

And now, "Favre used the Jets but the Jets used him"

There can never be an admittance of fault without an excuse to go with it so pardon Nutz while he rationalizes the behavior of his fairytale hero. So he was wrong with this rationalization. He'll find another.

I certainly wasn't going that direction with the comment of the Jets using Favre, I explained how they used Favre, let me explain more, they got more nationally televised games, more games were shown in different markets. They traded and received a very marketable player and they used that to their benefit. What the fuck is so hard to understand about that? Seriously???

Harrell, shut the fuck up, don't try to explain to others what I rationalize. I think I can manage. Now go fuck yourself.

Joemailman
06-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I can't say I want Favre to throw 3 picks a game if he plays, but 3 picks against the Packers would be helpful. It's not "hating" Favre to hope he doesn't have a great year for the Vikings, since the better Favre plays the better the Vikings chances of winning. It does seem there are some here whose loyalty to Favre is greater than their loyalty to the Packers. That's not where I'm at, but to each his (or her) own.

The chances that Favre will play well if he faces the Packers are pretty good since both games will occur by early November. Favre's performance dropoffs of recent years have occured after Thanksgiving.

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Again you show what a total bag of shit you are, wanting a guy to get hurt.

Gee I hope someone runs your ass over with a car, gets out of the car and then punches you in the face, you know just to show you some humility, and maybe stomp on your fingers a little bit as well. Thats what I hope, all for humility's sake though.

Chevelle2
06-08-2009, 02:29 PM
For me, its simple. Whoever the Vikings QB is/was, I wish ill upon them save injury. My desires would be the same for Sage, T-Jack, Booty, Cunningham, Favre whomever.

If you are a Viking QB, I want you to fail.

So bad?

Pacopete4
06-08-2009, 02:30 PM
For me, its simple. Whoever the Vikings QB is/was, I wish ill upon them save injury. My desires would be the same for Sage, T-Jack, Booty, Cunningham, Favre whomever.

So bad?

I think there is more of a problem with people wishing him to get hurt because he is a Viking QB... u really shouldnt wish upon injury to anyone, but of all people, Brett?... stay classy JH!

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 02:31 PM

So bad?

Wanting them to fail is one thing, wishing injury on them for the simply sake of "humility" is foolishness.

RashanGary
06-08-2009, 02:33 PM
I would love to see him absolutely pounded into the ground and even moreso if it's with the Vikings. I love big hit's when it's my team givign them. I hate them when it's my team taking them. I hope Favre gets the biggest hit, right in the back of his spine, that any football player has ever taken. I'm not sorry if that's not classy.

Pacopete4
06-08-2009, 02:36 PM
I would love to see him absolutely pounded into the ground and even moreso if it's with the Vikings. If that's not classy, oh well.

thats not what u said.. u wished him to get hurt...

ya know the best part, even if he does get pounded into the turf, he'll keep on getting back up for me, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say to your pussy ass

Chevelle2
06-08-2009, 02:36 PM

So bad?

Wanting them to fail is one thing, wishing injury on them for the simply sake of "humility" is foolishness.

Did you miss where I said "save injury"?

Zool
06-08-2009, 02:38 PM
http://premium1.uploadit.org/DJShamrock/Thread-Gay-Disturbing-copy.jpg

Scott Campbell
06-08-2009, 02:46 PM

So bad?

How bout massive snot bubbles?

RashanGary
06-08-2009, 02:49 PM

So bad?

Never said injury. Even if I did, I could care less what you think. Hopefully he gets battered.

Packers4Ever
06-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Joe, I thought I had this whole thing sorted out in my mind, Packers 4Ever first and Brett's possible return to midwest in that order.

Now I don't know. I hope the decision is really going to be made this week per Vike coach. I guess we'll take whatever we get and run with it. :?:
Is anyone else feeling mixed up today? :oops:

Scott Campbell
06-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Joe, I thought I had this whole thing sorted out in my mind, Packers 4Ever first and Brett's possible return to midwest in that order.

Now I don't know. I hope the decision is really going to be made this week per Vike coach. I guess we'll take whatever we get and run with it. :?:
Is anyone else feeling mixed up today? :oops:

Not really. All 6 of my multiple personalities are in complete alignment.

Joemailman
06-08-2009, 02:57 PM
What about your wives?

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 08:03 PM

So bad?

Did you miss where I said "save injury"?

Sorry, but that comment wasn't meant for you, only the piece of shit that never had the balls to actually put on football pads and play the sport for real. I think if he did, he might be a little bit more respectful to football players in general, remember Harrell was the same idiot wishing and cheering two years ago when Adrian Peterson took the hit on his knee from Al Harris. The poster Justin Harrell is a total classless troll looking for any opportunity to drive attention his way, I have failed in this thread for giving him my attention and letting his total immature attitude about Brett Favre get a bit under my skin.

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 08:06 PM

So bad?

How bout massive snot bubbles?

Bullshit, snot bubbles, things you see in the movies. When I played I surely tried to knock someone out. I did my best to keep it clean, but I wanted everyone we beat at their best, I didn't need to hear excuses about how their team woulda coulda won if their qb wasn't taken out by a cheap shot.

The Shadow
06-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Breaking News: Favre has surgery.
The proctologist is pleased to report that Packnut's nose was successfully dislodged.

Chevelle2
06-08-2009, 10:52 PM
from another forum

Did anyone see NFL Total Access tonight? I guess Warren Sapp was texting Favre throughout the day and when the host asked him what Brett said about coming back, Sapp just kind of had a smirk and said they talked about this and that and side-stepped the question. Jamie Dukes said he thought Favre would come back and the Vikes would give him until training camp to decide and Sapp said he whole-heartedly agreed.

Joemailman
06-08-2009, 11:07 PM
The proctologist is pleased to report that Packnut's nose was successfully dislodged.

More breaking news: Posts that serve no purpose other than to bash another poster aren't cool. Not singling you out. Just saying we could use less of that here.

Bretsky
06-08-2009, 11:24 PM

More breaking news: Posts that serve no purpose other than to bash another poster aren't cool. Not singling you out. Just saying we could use less of that here.

:bclap:

pbmax
06-09-2009, 12:29 AM

I agree, although if Packnut is willing, I'd give Shadow a pass on this one because it was actually funny. In return, Packnut can take a shot at Shadow (or me) as long as its funny as well.

Fritz
06-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Wow. He's coming back, unless the "deadline" reports are true.

If those are true, my sense is that Favre will be unhappy about being given a deadline (there is precedent for that assumption). Look at Andrew Brandt's post a little while ago on this - his theory is that Favre needs to be loved. He wants, like Cheap Trick's singer, you to want him. A deadline isn't showing the kind of unconditional love he needs.

But then again, other reports suggest there is no deadline. I wonder if Childress called Favre up and said "Hey, look, I need to look tough here. I need my players' respect so they don't think I'm just kowtowing to you. So let's leak word that I set a deadline for you, but really I'm not, okay? You can just show up the first day of camp, okay? Is that okay?"

Harlan Huckleby
06-09-2009, 08:49 AM

I agree, although if Packnut is willing, I'd give Shadow a pass on this one because it was actually funny. In return, Packnut can take a shot at Shadow (or me) as long as its funny as well.

I agree, it was funny, let it go.

And it's not like Shadow is on here obsessively spamming the forum with attacks on people. He comes. He deposits a little turd. He leaves.

I can't help noticing that the two blue noses who rose in indignation at the indecency of Shadow's crack (Bretsky & Joemailman) are known members of the Gushers Gang. :P

cpk1994
06-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Wow. He's coming back, unless the "deadline" reports are true.

If those are true, my sense is that Favre will be unhappy about being given a deadline (there is precedent for that assumption). Look at Andrew Brandt's post a little while ago on this - his theory is that Favre needs to be loved. He wants, like Cheap Trick's singer, you to want him. A deadline isn't showing the kind of unconditional love he needs.

But then again, other reports suggest there is no deadline. I wonder if Childress called Favre up and said "Hey, look, I need to look tough here. I need my players' respect so they don't think I'm just kowtowing to you. So let's leak word that I set a deadline for you, but really I'm not, okay? You can just show up the first day of camp, okay? Is that okay?"The flaw in your little synopsis is that Childress will STIll look lkie he kowtowed to Favre by not holding firm to his "deadline".

Chevelle2
06-09-2009, 11:54 AM
The story on the hotel room says that they reserved the rooms "about two months ago". Two months ago would have been the early part of April, at which point Favre had not requested his release from the Jets and the Jets had not taken Sanchez in the draft.

Yet even then, Favre was planning to play for the Vikings this year.

Interesting.

Bossman641
06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
The story on the hotel room says that they reserved the rooms "about two months ago". Two months ago would have been the early part of April, at which point Favre had not requested his release from the Jets and the Jets had not taken Sanchez in the draft.

Interesting.

With each bit of news coming out, it is getting harder and harder to like Favre. I would love to hear some good news about him or how there's been a big misunderstanding, but right now he looks like the most selfish, petty player I've seen in a while.

Chevelle2
06-09-2009, 01:00 PM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/06/steve-mariucci-brett-favre-intent-on-playing-for-the-vikings-in-2009.html

Brett Favre confidant Steve Mariucci says his former Packers protege is intent on playing a 19th season and doing so with the NFC North rival Minnesota Vikings

Pacopete4
06-09-2009, 01:04 PM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/06/steve-mariucci-brett-favre-intent-on-playing-for-the-vikings-in-2009.html

Brett Favre confidant Steve Mariucci says his former Packers protege is intent on playing a 19th season and doing so with the NFC North rival Minnesota Vikings

Not a whole lot people didn't know because I think everyone and their brother knows he wants to play, and for the Vikings... it all depends on how that shoulder heals. But this does reaffirm what everyone has been saying just a little bit more because Mariucci is very close friend of Brett's.

ThunderDan
06-09-2009, 01:07 PM

Interesting.

If this story is true, it sure makes you doubt BF's motives.

If he just wanted to play football in the NFL, he was under contract with a team that 11 games into last season was a contender in the AFC.

This would make me believe that he was doing the "Jets thing" for a year to get to Minnesota after GB wouldn't trade him to a divisional rivial.

Pacopete4
06-09-2009, 01:08 PM

Interesting.

If he just wanted to play football in the NFL, he was under contract with a team that 11 games into last season was a contender in the AFC.

This would make me believe that he was doing the "Jets thing" for a year to get to Minnesota after GB wouldn't trade him to a divisional rivial.

Or maybe the new coach didnt want Brett on his team... lots of things can explain this but I'm sure you'll put it in the ole hate bag for Brett Favre..

Zool
06-09-2009, 01:12 PM

Interesting.

Or maybe the new coach didnt want Brett on his team... lots of things can explain this but I'm sure you'll put it in the ole hate bag for Brett Favre..

This whole thing is very very old. Favre was never going to play for the Jets this year. There were up against the cap before the draft. His $12mil off the books made it possible to keep the team together and get their QB of the future.

Favre wants to play against the Packers twice. Anyone who tries to dispute that idea is blind. He wanted to play last year anywhere. He wants to play in the NFC north this year.

ThunderDan
06-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Interesting.

Man, you are a one trick pony.

I have stuck up for Favre and discussed against him, way to try and lump anyone that says one bad thing about Brett as a "hater"

Why does Brett ask for the release after the rooms were booked?
How would those people know that he would play for Minnesota?
What about Washington?
If the new coach didn't want him why didn't the Jets just cut him or try to trade him instead of waiting for Favre to ask for his release?

Pacopete4
06-09-2009, 01:20 PM

Interesting.

I have stuck up for Favre and discussed against him, way to try and lump anyone that says one bad thing about Brett as a "hater"

Why does Brett ask for the release after the rooms were booked? Brett's agent kept asking for his release several times after the season was over, not Brett.
How would those people know that he would play for Minnesota? It's not a secret that Brett wanted to play for the Vikings whether its for his revenge factor, or the fact that it puts him in a comfortable spot with the playbook and not to mention the best situation for him to make a deep run at the playoffs
What about Washington? Why the fuck do people keep bringing up Washington? honestly... why cant Brett choose his best possible spot for HIM to play?
If the new coach didn't want him why didn't the Jets just cut him or try to trade him instead of waiting for Favre to ask for his release? to save face a little bit. They didn't want come out and say, hey Brett, we dont' want you. They knew their cap situation was a joke and the minute they selected their new QB in the draft, they could release him without looking bad for doing so. It worked out great for Brett and the Jets.

Bossman641
06-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Why does Brett ask for the release after the rooms were booked? Brett's agent kept asking for his release several times after the season was over, not Brett.

Don't you think he was asking for the release on Brett's behalf? I doubt Bus woke up one day and thought, "What the heck, I'm gonna ask the Jets to release Brett. I'm sure he'll be OK with it."

Pacopete4
06-09-2009, 01:30 PM

Don't you think he was asking for the release on Brett's behalf? I doubt Bus woke up one day and thought, "What the heck, I'm gonna ask the Jets to release Brett. I'm sure he'll be OK with it."

I think Bus asked for it cuz he knew Brett would want it and if Brett was healthy, he'd want to play again this season and that couldnt be done on the Jets

pbmax
06-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I can't help noticing that the two blue noses who rose in indignation at the indecency of Shadow's crack (Bretsky & Joemailman) are known members of the Gushers Gang. :P
Not as funny as Shadow. You're fired. :lol:

Chevelle2
06-09-2009, 01:33 PM

Interesting.

Interesting how 2 of the last 3 coaches Favre played for were fired, isnt it?

ThunderDan
06-09-2009, 01:34 PM

Interesting.

How would those people know that he would play for Minnesota? It's not a secret that Brett wanted to play for the Vikings whether its for his revenge factor, or the fact that it puts him in a comfortable spot with the playbook and not to mention the best situation for him to make a deep run at the playoffs
What about Washington? Why the fuck do people keep bringing up Washington? honestly... why cant Brett choose his best possible spot for HIM to play?
If the new coach didn't want him why didn't the Jets just cut him or try to trade him instead of waiting for Favre to ask for his release? to save face a little bit. They didn't want come out and say, hey Brett, we dont' want you. They knew their cap situation was a joke and the minute they selected their new QB in the draft, they could release him without looking bad for doing so. It worked out great for Brett and the Jets.

1. Bus Cook works for Brett Favre. Period. As much as people want to beleive it, Bus does nothing without Brett's permission. I am sure Brett and Bus have talked out everything they wanted to do before Bus "for unknown reasons" talks to the Jets about his release or the press.

2. He is still under contract with the Jets at that point. Is this tampering by the player? What did Bevell, Childress and Favre really talk about last year on their calls with BF as his friend? This tells me that Brett wanted only to play for Minnesota and that is all.

3. Washington is brought up because they are looking for a QB and Brett would be a one year solution on a team that just spent $100 M on one player to improve the team.

4. Maybe so, still if I were the Jets I'd keep his rights. If someone wanted him that bad I should be able to trade BF and recoup the 3rd rounder I had to give to the Pack.

Bossman641
06-09-2009, 01:34 PM

I think Bus asked for it cuz he knew Brett would want it and if Brett was healthy, he'd want to play again this season and that couldnt be done on the Jets

Wouldn't they have at least attempted to work something out with the Jets regarding cap room then rather than just asking to be released and going from there?

Somebody remind me as I don't remember. Did anyone in the Jets organization ever say anything about not wanting Favre back, either the GM or new coach? I thought I remembered them saying Brett would be welcomed back and they'd figure something out.

pbmax
06-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Or maybe the new coach didnt want Brett on his team... lots of things can explain this.
Much better this way. Not funny, but not personal.

Pacopete4
06-09-2009, 01:35 PM

Interesting.

might as well make it 3 of 3 in a year when this team finished in 3rd place in our division..

Chevelle2
06-09-2009, 01:38 PM

Interesting.

might as well make it 3 of 3 in a year when this team finished in 3rd place in our division..

What?

ThunderDan
06-09-2009, 01:40 PM

Interesting.

Are you talking about Childress?

Bossman641
06-09-2009, 01:42 PM

Interesting.

What?

Translation (I think): Might as well make it 3 outta the last 3 and fire MM since this team finished 3rd in the division last year.

Pacopete4
06-09-2009, 01:43 PM

Interesting.

sorry, was supposed to say 3 of 4.. and yes ha but they wont finish 3rd with or without Brett unless they just fall apart

Chevelle2
06-09-2009, 01:44 PM

Interesting.

What?

Translation (I think): Might as well make it 3 outta the last 3 and fire MM since this team finished 3rd in the division last year.

Well thats dumb.

Pacopete4
06-09-2009, 01:44 PM
ya it could go both ways I guess... MM could easily be fired if we got another 6 win season.. and Chilly could be fired if him and Brett fail this season too

ThunderDan
06-09-2009, 01:45 PM

Interesting.

sorry, was supposed to say 3 of 4.. and yes ha but they wont finish 3rd with or without Brett unless they just fall apart

I don't think that is a given. The Bears have improved their O and the Pack hopefully improved their D. The North is going to be a close race the whole way in my opinion.

Chevelle2
06-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Its pretty clear to me that Favre used the Jets to get to MN.

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 04:54 PM
LMAO at favre's peeps booking 25-30 hotel (i mean motel) rooms near lambeau TWO MONTHS ago

of course the hicks would go to midway motor lodge where me and my pals we went as HIGH SCHOOLERS to party...cheap SOBs...lol

yeah, he may have used jets

but how often do players get used in the BUSINESS?

he made them relevant last year so its win-win

Joemailman
06-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Apparently the Favre clan thought the Packers would be retiring Brett's jersey on November 1.

Chevelle2
06-09-2009, 04:58 PM

He quit playing in March 2007.

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Apparently the Favre clan thought the Packers would be retiring Brett's jersey on November 1.

ahhh....good point

he he

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 05:06 PM

im not talkn about lord favre just players in general

u get hurt ther's no love/guarantee

so in actuality why should players love orgs?

Chevelle2
06-09-2009, 05:10 PM

Because they get paid a kings ransom to play a kids game?

Joemailman
06-09-2009, 05:21 PM

I agree, it was funny, let it go.

And it's not like Shadow is on here obsessively spamming the forum with attacks on people. He comes. He deposits a little turd. He leaves.

Not me. I'm an independent. :D I even argued with 007 last night, although in a very respectful manner, of course.

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 07:34 PM

and orgs get even MORE loot and dont play a down/provide me with ENTERTAINMENT?

ThunderDan
06-09-2009, 07:51 PM

and orgs get even MORE loot and dont play a down/provide me with ENTERTAINMENT?

They only have to put up a $500 million stadium, $100 million in payroll, practice facilities, etc ....

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 08:57 PM
so the players make more than owners? wth? dont argue JUST to be contrary

and AGAIN i will always support the players not the brass b/c they bust their buts on the court/field/diamond/ice and ENTERTAIN me \\just like i dig morgan freeman more than MGM, etc

pbmax
06-09-2009, 09:33 PM
They only have to put up a $500 million stadium, $100 million in payroll, practice facilities, etc ....
I'd like to see a complete list of NFL owners who have footed a $500 million bill for the stadium, exclusive of public money, or tax breaks and incentive, or transportation investments.

I think that list is one name long.

Chevelle2
06-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Childress: No Deadline
4 Favre
Coach questions media in KFAN call-in
Wednesday
Published : Wednesday, 10 Jun 2009, 7:32 AM CDT

Vikings head coach Brad Childress dismissed any talk of a Friday deadline 4 Quarterback Brett Favre to arrive at team headquarters in Eden Prairie Wednesday morning on KFAN radio.

Childress questioned "sourcing" of ESPN reporters that claimed he required the retired quarterback to attend O.T.A.'s (organized team activities) if he wished to be on the 2009 roster. The coach remained open, however, to Favre coming in and "seeing what he's got left in that cannon" following his shoulder surgery stemming from a torn bicep. Childress also claimed he is confident in his two competing Quarterbacks Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, though he will make moves at "any position to try and make the team better."

ThunderDan
06-10-2009, 09:37 AM
so the players make more than owners? wth? dont argue JUST to be contrary

and AGAIN i will always support the players not the brass b/c they bust their buts on the court/field/diamond/ice and ENTERTAIN me \\just like i dig morgan freeman more than MGM, etc

I am not arguing just to be contrary. You make it sound like the owners' are just printing money. Their are franchises for sale, why don't you go buy one? If it is such a great investment I am sure numerous banks would be happy to loan you money on such a "lock" of an investment.

If the organizations didn't exist where would the players play? There has to be a responsible party to put the facilities together and run the league.

ThunderDan
06-10-2009, 09:43 AM
I'd like to see a complete list of NFL owners who have footed a $500 million bill for the stadium, exclusive of public money, or tax breaks and incentive, or transportation investments.

I think that list is one name long.

You're right pb. Still there is upkeep and other facilities.

Also, how much did it cost the owner to buy the franchise? What did Houston pay? There is a lot of debt the owners have to run their franchise.

It would be great to see an actual balance sheet and income statement for an NFL team not just what they release to the NFLPA.

Chevelle2
06-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't know how reliable this website is as far as rumors, but Packergeeks has a rumor saying that Favre will sign a deal with the Vikings Tuesday or Wed. Unless of course the Vikings are backing off because they think Favre wants too much money.

http://packergeeks.wordpress.com/2009/06/09/favre-deal-already-done/

A trusted Packergeeks source shared with me this morning some info from a source within the Vikings organization. Apparently, as of early this morning, the only delay in the Favre signing is due to a few minor contract details. So, it’s just understood now by the team that Favre will be a Viking soon – an announcement is expected Weds or Thurs once the deal is finalized. (This same source also reported that rumors about Favre’s arm not being OK are false – and that Favre is reporting that his arm hasn’t felt this good in years).

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I don't know how reliable this website is as far as rumors, but Packergeeks has a rumor saying that Favre will sign a deal with the Vikings Tuesday or Wed. Unless of course the Vikings are backing off because they think Favre wants too much money.

A trusted Packergeeks source shared with me this morning some info from a source within the Vikings organization. Apparently, as of early this morning, the only delay in the Favre signing is due to a few minor contract details. So, it’s just understood now by the team that Favre will be a Viking soon – an announcement is expected Weds or Thurs once the deal is finalized. (This same source also reported that rumors about Favre’s arm not being OK are false – and that Favre is reporting that his arm hasn’t felt this good in years).

this made me jizz in my pants..

Bossman641
06-10-2009, 02:31 PM

this made me jizz in my pants..

Why am I not surprised...haha

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 02:33 PM

haha, I just got done watching that funny video/song from SNL with Adam Samberg and crew.. wow was that pretty funny!

but ya, I just wanna see him play again.. I know it stinks, really... really bad that its for the Vikings but I love watching him play football... I could watch him play in his friggin back yard if I had to ha

Fritz
06-10-2009, 02:42 PM
http://www.comcast.net/sports/russakoffrules/29062/majordadripsespn/

Here's my paraphrase:

Childress: The ESPN report about a deadline is totally false. Totally. There was no deadline...maybe by Deanna, heh heh.

Interviewer: Why didn't you correct his false report before?

Childress: It's not my job to correct false reports. If I did that I'd stand at the podium all day long doing nothing but correct false reports...

I didn't hear the interview, so I don't know what happened after that, but why didn't the interviewer ask, if it wasn't Childress's job to correct false reports,. why he apparently called into a radio station to . . . correct a false report?

Hmm. Could it be that Childress gently urged Favre to report, or maybe make a decision, and Favre called him on his bluff? So Chilly then had to quasht the idea there ever was a deadline? Could be, could be. Or maybe not.

But it's a lot more fun to talk about now that it's not the Packers being stalled by the prom queen!

hoosier
06-10-2009, 02:46 PM

haha, I just got done watching that funny video/song from SNL with Adam Samberg and crew.. wow was that pretty funny!

but ya, I just wanna see him play again.. I know it stinks, really... really bad that its for the Vikings but I love watching him play football... I could watch him play in his friggin back yard if I had to ha

Hmmm....Sneaking around Favre's back yard and jizzing in your pants. Something tells me this is not going to go well for you. http://i1.treklens.com/photos/3094/help....a_peeping_tom...tl.jpg

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Childress: No Deadline
4 Favre
Coach questions media in KFAN call-in
Wednesday
Published : Wednesday, 10 Jun 2009, 7:32 AM CDT

Vikings head coach Brad Childress dismissed any talk of a Friday deadline 4 Quarterback Brett Favre to arrive at team headquarters in Eden Prairie Wednesday morning on KFAN radio.

Childress questioned "sourcing" of ESPN reporters that claimed he required the retired quarterback to attend O.T.A.'s (organized team activities) if he wished to be on the 2009 roster. The coach remained open, however, to Favre coming in and "seeing what he's got left in that cannon" following his shoulder surgery stemming from a torn bicep. Childress also claimed he is confident in his two competing Quarterbacks Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, though he will make moves at "any position to try and make the team better."Childress has really blown it with Sage and Tarvaris. They see right through his bullshit. Confident in his QB's. Yeah right. If you are so confident in your QB's why are you still going after Favre. Basically, he is telling Sage and Tarvaris, "You suck!".

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Childress has really blown it with Sage and Tarvaris. They see right through his bullshit. Confident in his QB's. Yeah right. If you are so confident in your QB's why are you still going after Favre. Basically, he is telling Sage and Tarvaris, "You suck!".

maybe hes telling them what everyone including them knows... Brett Favre is Brett Favre and he is a top QB of all time and STILL better than Sage and Tjack... I have a feeling those two QB's are not dumb to this.. Chilly is doing what he has to, to make his team better.. and with Brett Favre... his team is better.. sorry CPK, live with it..

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 02:59 PM

A trusted Packergeeks source shared with me this morning some info from a source within the Vikings organization. Apparently, as of early this morning, the only delay in the Favre signing is due to a few minor contract details. So, it’s just understood now by the team that Favre will be a Viking soon – an announcement is expected Weds or Thurs once the deal is finalized. (This same source also reported that rumors about Favre’s arm not being OK are false – and that Favre is reporting that his arm hasn’t felt this good in years).Kind of like when Chris Mortensen said during the week of the Mississippi meeting which did not happen that Favre would be a Viking by the end of the week? I have a hard time believeing anyone becuase everyone has been so wrong so many times.

hoosier
06-10-2009, 03:00 PM
dp

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Childress has really blown it with Sage and Tarvaris. They see right through his bullshit. Confident in his QB's. Yeah right. If you are so confident in your QB's why are you still going after Favre. Basically, he is telling Sage and Tarvaris, "You suck!".

maybe hes telling them what everyone including them knows... Brett Favre is Brett Favre and he is a top QB of all time and STILL better than Sage and Tjack... I have a feeling those two QB's are not dumb to this.. Chilly is doing what he has to, to make his team better.. and with Brett Favre... his team is better.. sorry CPK, live with it..You totally miss it, but I would ecpect you too with your head up Favre's ass. He traded for Sage and promised him he could comepete for the starting job. Do you think he will still be able to comepte for the job if Brett is signed? Not a chance in hell. You are delusional if you don't think Sage is pissed off. All you have to do is go back to Sage's one comment on this whole situation to see clearly he is pissed off. Sage has no reason to trust Childress anymore because Childress will have proven to be a liar. No one is buying Childress's "I have confindence in my QB's" crap. Sage sure as hell ain't biuyng it either.

Fritz
06-10-2009, 03:05 PM
I see a movie here.

"Stalker Boy" - but here's the trick. At first, Favre (played by Brad Pitt or Adam Sandler) is really mad about the stalker thing, and he catches the kid and throws footballs at him to chase him away - and when he does, the arm pain is gone. But Favre doesn't think anything of that. He chases the kid down, tells the kid to leave him alone. The kid cries. Big scene.

So Favre reluctantly signs with Minny but in camp his arm hurts, bad. But then one day while he's despondent, trying to throw a football, nothing but ducks, he sees Stalker Boy, and again, in anger, he whips a football at the kid - the chases him down and tells the kid that he's not welcome, that he's driving Favre to distraction, he never wants to see the kid again, etc. Only later does the great QB realize that there was no pain when he threw the ball at the kid.... He makes the connection.

Unfortunately Favre's family has taken a restraining order out on the kid. In complete despair, the kid decides to off himself - his hero has cut him to the quick! He's bad for his hero! It's his fault that Favre can't learn the playbook - he's been distracted by the kid's stalking.

There follows the mad search, the kid on a ledge, Favre finds him, pleads with him not to jump, kid asks why, Favre reveals that he can throw without pain only when the kid's around...kid doesn't believe it, so Favre throws an autographed Brett Favre football eight stories up to the kid. The kid is so excited he leans out - and falls, just as he catches the ball. But the firemen have the net ready, the kid is saved, the crowd cheers, and the season opens with The Kid wearing a purple #4 jersey (covering the blotch on the front of his pants) while he watches - from the Minny sidelines - as Favre leads the team onto the field.

I see possibilities for a part two here as well. Hmm.

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 03:06 PM

maybe hes telling them what everyone including them knows... Brett Favre is Brett Favre and he is a top QB of all time and STILL better than Sage and Tjack... I have a feeling those two QB's are not dumb to this.. Chilly is doing what he has to, to make his team better.. and with Brett Favre... his team is better.. sorry CPK, live with it..You totally miss it, but I would ecpect you too with your head up Favre's ass. He traded for Sage and promised him he could comepete for the starting job. Do you think he will still be able to comepte for the job if Brett is signed? Not a chance in hell. You are delusional if you don't think Sage is pissed off. All you have to do is go back to Sage's one comment on this whole situation to see clearly he is pissed off. Sage has no reason to trust Childress anymore because Childress will have proven to be a liar. No one is buying Childress's "I have confindence in my QB's" crap. Sage sure as hell ain't biuyng it either.

Why in the hell does Sage's confidence in Chilly matter. SAGE IS FIGHTING TO BE ON AN NFL ROSTER! He's a no body.... he should be thanking his lucky stars that hes getting a shot to be the starter as or right now and the #1 backup if Favre does come into town. That has nothing to do with me liking Brett or not.. Id say the same thing if Chilly was bringing in Brady, Cutler, Rodgers, Manning's, ect... Sage is a no one CPK, get over it!

Fritz
06-10-2009, 03:08 PM

Why in the hell does Sage's confidence in Chilly matter. SAGE IS FIGHTING TO BE ON AN NFL ROSTER! He's a no body.... he should be thanking his lucky stars that hes getting a shot to be the starter as or right now and the #1 backup if Favre does come into town. That has nothing to do with me liking Brett or not.. Id say the same thing if Chilly was bringing in Brady, Cutler, Rodgers, Manning's, ect... Sage is a no one CPK, get over it!

I hope the young man's mother doesn't read this!

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 03:15 PM

You really don't get it do you? HE WON"T GET A SHOT AT THE JOB IF BRETT IS SIGNED! He was promised a shot at the starting job after being traded for and now Childress is effecitvely saying, "I lied". Then to top it off, Chjildress is spouting off condescending bullshit. Why should Sage play hard when Childress has not been forthright? The rest your post is grade a horseshit so I won't dignify it. Sage is an NFL QB who has been a starter. He deserves respect. CHildress has given that up. But I guess you areally are dense.

hoosier
06-10-2009, 03:27 PM
I see a movie here.

"Stalker Boy" - but here's the trick. At first, Favre (played by Brad Pitt or Adam Sandler) is really mad about the stalker thing, and he catches the kid and throws footballs at him to chase him away - and when he does, the arm pain is gone. But Favre doesn't think anything of that. He chases the kid down, tells the kid to leave him alone. The kid cries. Big scene.

So Favre reluctantly signs with Minny but in camp his arm hurts, bad. But then one day while he's despondent, trying to throw a football, nothing but ducks, he sees Stalker Boy, and again, in anger, he whips a football at the kid - the chases him down and tells the kid that he's not welcome, that he's driving Favre to distraction, he never wants to see the kid again, etc. Only later does the great QB realize that there was no pain when he threw the ball at the kid.... He makes the connection.

Unfortunately Favre's family has taken a restraining order out on the kid. In complete despair, the kid decides to off himself - his hero has cut him to the quick! He's bad for his hero! It's his fault that Favre can't learn the playbook - he's been distracted by the kid's stalking.

There follows the mad search, the kid on a ledge, Favre finds him, pleads with him not to jump, kid asks why, Favre reveals that he can throw without pain only when the kid's around...kid doesn't believe it, so Favre throws an autographed Brett Favre football eight stories up to the kid. The kid is so excited he leans out - and falls, just as he catches the ball. But the firemen have the net ready, the kid is saved, the crowd cheers, and the season opens with The Kid wearing a purple #4 jersey (covering the blotch on the front of his pants) while he watches - from the Minny sidelines - as Favre leads the team onto the field.

I see possibilities for a part two here as well. Hmm.

Stalker Boy hasn't even been written yet but it already has a sequel waiting to be born. It's Sunday November 1 and the Vikings have made the trip to Lambeau to face the Packers. Of course the new mascot, SB, has a prominent place on the sidelines by the Minnesota bench. Due to the nature of the heated rivalry and the fact that it's Favre's first return to Lambeau as a visiting player, security around the stadium is at an all time high. John Malkovich plays a wily assassin who sneaks a homemade gun through the x-ray machines and takes up a position near the 50-yard line to be able to get SB in his sights. Of course he waits till late in the fourth quarter of a close game before pulling the trigger, after which Favre throws up a.....

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 03:40 PM

I hope the young man's mother doesn't read this!

It would only be an issue if it was Vince Young's mother.

That said, Sage just count's his millions and laughs at Paco's idiotic notion.

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 03:46 PM
You really don't get it do you? HE WON"T GET A SHOT AT THE JOB IF BRETT IS SIGNED! He was promised a shot at the starting job after being traded for and now Childress is effecitvely saying, "I lied". Then to top it off, Chjildress is spouting off condescending bullshit. Why should Sage play hard when Childress has not been forthright? The rest your post is grade a horseshit so I won't dignify it. Sage is an NFL QB who has been a starter. He deserves respect. CHildress has given that up. But I guess you areally are dense.

Can you pleeeeeaaaaaasseeeee prove that he was promised a chance to start? Even when TRADED for, he still has to beat out Tjack to start, there was NOTHING going to be given to Sage.

Oh and as for Sage and Tjack... heres an interesting piece I thought ud enjoy...

As for how this might impact quarterbacks Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, Childress said: “I’m not worried about that. I talked with Sage and Tarvaris. They are competitors. Do they like any of the conversation? Absolutely not. But they know this. I’m charged with adding and subtracting players from this team to make us better. Every day when I walk in this office there’s not a day that I don’t try to look and see if we can get better at some position. And if this is going to make us better down the road and it’s got a chance to happen I’m going to take care of the Minnesota Vikings.”

pbmax
06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Hmm. Could it be that Childress gently urged Favre to report, or maybe make a decision, and Favre called him on his bluff? So Chilly then had to quasht the idea there ever was a deadline? Could be, could be. Or maybe not.
This is my working hypothesis. And I only will deal with hypotheses with Brett so I can't be proven wrong. Only "counter indicated by test results".

Favre has leaked pseudo deadlines before to the collective shock of Packer and Favre fandom before and made the franchise seem foolish for imposing something arbitrary on life decision processes. It usually results in the team backing off or denying, buying more time to decide. Or if you prefer, more time to avoid offseason training.

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 03:53 PM

Can you pleeeeeaaaaaasseeeee prove that he was promised a chance to start? Even when TRADED for, he still has to beat out Tjack to start, there was NOTHING going to be given to Sage.

Oh and as for Sage and Tjack... heres an interesting piece I thought ud enjoy...

As for how this might impact quarterbacks Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, Childress said: “I’m not worried about that. I talked with Sage and Tarvaris. They are competitors. Do they like any of the conversation? Absolutely not. But they know this. I’m charged with adding and subtracting players from this team to make us better. Every day when I walk in this office there’s not a day that I don’t try to look and see if we can get better at some position. And if this is going to make us better down the road and it’s got a chance to happen I’m going to take care of the Minnesota Vikings.”I didn't say he was promised to start. I said he was promised a SHOT at the job. That was told to him the day he was brought in. That is why Spielman brought him in. So more condescending BS from Childress is supposed to be an argument changer. Of course Childress is going to say that to the media. I meanhe won't tell the truth ans tell them that "I am a liar and now I am being a condescending prick" now would he? Sage is pissed off and the tone of his "No comment" on the Favre situation says it all. ITs going to be fun seeing CHildress trying to say to Sage and Tarvarius "You are my guy" next offseason if Favre comes and goes. Why would Sage trust Childress word, becuase Childress has already lied once, at that point?

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 03:57 PM

As for how this might impact quarterbacks Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, Childress said: “I’m not worried about that. I talked with Sage and Tarvaris. They are competitors. Do they like any of the conversation? Absolutely not. But they know this. I’m charged with adding and subtracting players from this team to make us better. Every day when I walk in this office there’s not a day that I don’t try to look and see if we can get better at some position. And if this is going to make us better down the road and it’s got a chance to happen I’m going to take care of the Minnesota Vikings.”I didn't say he was promised to start. I said he was promised a SHOT at the job. That was told to him the day he was brought in. That is why Spielman brought him in. So more condescending BS from Childress is supposed to be an argument changer. Of course Childress is going to say that to the media. I meanhe won't tell the truth ans tell them that "I am a liar and now I am being a condescending prick" now would he? Sage is pissed off and the tone of his "No comment" on the Favre situation says it all. ITs going to be fun seeing CHildress trying to say to Sage and Tarvarius "You are my guy" next offseason if Favre comes and goes. Why would Sage trust Childress word, becuase Childress has already lied once, at that point?

So if Favre is brought in, and plays this year no matter what results occurs, and then retires but this time for good. Now Sage/Tjack are the guys and you're telling me they are going to have some sort of problem fighting to be a starting QB in the NFL? They will be busting their ass, doing whatever they can to get that job, just like they would be this year if Brett wasnt here. Oh and they still are... for the #2 spot because anyone can go down in the NFL and THEN they will get their shot.

This has nothing to do about lying. At the time, Sage would be given a shot because Favre wasnt an option... well now he is. Thats apart of life and if Sage cant deal with that after proving absolutely nothing in this league other than one hell of a helicopter spin that lost his team the game.. then fuck him.

Chilly is trying to WIN! ... and I don't blame him. NFL coaches don't always get a second chance and if he thinks Favre will put this team over the top, and I'm sure he knows just a tad more than you, then hell ya.. go for it. Don't make this out to being more than it is...

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 04:04 PM
So if Favre is brought in, and plays this year no matter what results occurs, and then retires but this time for good. Now Sage/Tjack are the guys and you're telling me they are going to have some sort of problem fighting to be a starting QB in the NFL?

No they won't have a problem fioghting to be a starter, but they will have a problem trusting Childress. Travarius has less of a case becuase he had the strting job and sucked a meat missle. Sage on the other hand, was promised a shot at the job and given an extension. Why should they trust Childress will give them a shot this time when he lied before? I know I sure as hell wouldn't and sure as hell wouldn't want to play for him either. If all that was promised was a shot to make the roster than fine. But that is not what Childress promised. He is a liar and all the condescending BS coming out of his mouth won't change it.

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 04:10 PM
So if Favre is brought in, and plays this year no matter what results occurs, and then retires but this time for good. Now Sage/Tjack are the guys and you're telling me they are going to have some sort of problem fighting to be a starting QB in the NFL?

No they won't have a problem fioghting to be a starter, but they will have a problem trusting Childress. Travarius has less of a case becuase he had the strting job and sucked a meat missle. Sage on the other hand, was promised a shot at the job and given an extension. Why should they trust Childress will give them a shot this time when he lied before? I know I sure as hell wouldn't and sure as hell wouldn't want to play for him either. If all that was promised was a shot to make the roster than fine. But that is not what Childress promised. He is a liar and all the condescending BS coming out of his mouth won't change it.

So Sage will what, force his way outta Minnie? to go where? He'll be 33 years old by then... what the heck is he gonna do about it other than to continue to fight his ass off to stay in the league and have a shot at starting at some point? You act like this guy has some sort of leverage here..

pbmax
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Fritz, you are a looney-brained dodo bird. Top that! :shock: :evil: :twisted: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :wow:

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM

So Sage will what, force his way outta Minnie? to go where? He'll be 33 years old by then... what the heck is he gonna do about it other than to continue to fight his ass off to stay in the league and have a shot at starting at some point? You act like this guy has some sort of leverage here..He can't focre his way out of Minny but he sure as hell can give as much effort as Childress's deserves, which is about nothing right now.

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 04:22 PM

So Sage will what, force his way outta Minnie? to go where? He'll be 33 years old by then... what the heck is he gonna do about it other than to continue to fight his ass off to stay in the league and have a shot at starting at some point? You act like this guy has some sort of leverage here..He can't focre his way out of Minny but he sure as hell can give as much effort as Childress's deserves, which is about nothing right now.

Which will get him where? Never starting a game? ya, I'm sure he's about to do that....

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 04:30 PM

Which will get him where? Never starting a game? ya, I'm sure he's about to do that....If you play it in a manner where you are not sandbagging your teammates, but give minimal effort aka going through the motions, you could theoretically be released giving you an opportunity to go and play with someone you trust instead of a lying prick.

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 04:31 PM

Which will get him where? Never starting a game? ya, I'm sure he's about to do that....If you play it in a manner where you are not sandbagging your teammates, but give minimal effort aka going through the motions, you could theoretically be released giving you an opportunity to go and play with someone you trust instead of a lying prick.

At 33, I'm sure they'll be lining up for the human helicopter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_hi7gOjE0
:P

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 04:45 PM

:PSage laughs at you while he counts his money. I find it humorous that you would call him a nobody when you are more of a nobdy then he ever will.

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 04:52 PM

:PSage laughs at you while he counts his money. I find it humorous that you would call him a nobody when you are more of a nobdy then he ever will.

that the best u got CPK? I know hes done a hell of a lot more than me athletically... all pro guys have.. big deal! haha that doesnt mean that makes him a good NFL player... now does it?

KYPack
06-10-2009, 05:18 PM
You boys have done lost it.

pbmax
06-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I tried to distract them by yelling at Fritz, but they wouldn't take the bait (or the hint).

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I tried to distract them by yelling at Fritz, but they wouldn't take the bait (or the hint).I saw it. But it is hard to keep my attention when I am also staring at a boob.

falco
06-10-2009, 05:24 PM
i can't tell which is more annoying

pbmax
06-10-2009, 05:46 PM
I tried to distract them by yelling at Fritz, but they wouldn't take the bait (or the hint).I saw it. But it is hard to keep my attention when I am also staring at a boob.
I understand if that boob is attached to an attractive women. But if its paco (no offense paco, I am assuming you are a guy), just write out your post, then delete all references to the poster(s), and leave in the references to their argument. Works every time.

And if you can, delete or trim down the quote. My fingers hurt from so much scrolling. If all else fails, just post about Bretsky's old bromance with Odell Thurman :lol:

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 05:50 PM
And if you can, delete or trim down the quote. My fingers hurt from so much scrolling. If all else fails, just post about Bretsky's old bromance with Odell Thurman :lol:No, I think I just start posting Tank's latest editions of "Ted coming out of the Closet" instead. :lol:

Chevelle2
06-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Buckle up boys and girls.

Childress, Favre talked last week
June 11th, 2009 – 12:09 PM by Judd Zulgad

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanc h%3Cspan%20style=

Chevelle2
06-11-2009, 04:04 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/47602962.html?page=2&c=y

Former NFL executive Pat Kirwan of Sirius NFL Radio said Favre will join the Vikings on July 15 or earlier. Kirwan is friendly with Childress and was the first to refute the fact that a deadline existed.

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 02:31 PM
report: viking trainer and member of coachn staff scheduled to head to Miss. to evaluate favres arm in the next few days

SAGA CONTINUES....

Gunakor
06-12-2009, 02:40 PM
report: viking trainer and member of coachn staff scheduled to head to Miss. to evaluate favres arm in the next few days

SAGA CONTINUES....

This is no news. Favre is going to be a Viking this year. It's bound to happen, even if he doesn't report until August. The build up isn't as fun when you already know how the story ends.

Joemailman
06-12-2009, 04:46 PM

SAGA CONTINUES....

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090612/PKR01/90612105/1058

Since it's being reported by ESPN, I take it to mean the Vikings have no intention of sending anyone to Mississippi to check out Favre's arm.

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 08:06 PM

SAGA CONTINUES....

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090612/PKR01/90612105/1058

Since it's being reported by ESPN, I take it to mean the Vikings have no intention of sending anyone to Mississippi to check out Favre's arm.

LOL

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 08:08 PM

SAGA CONTINUES....

This is no news. Favre is going to be a Viking this year. It's bound to happen, even if he doesn't report until August. The build up isn't as fun when you already know how the story ends.

to be honest, tho, im not SO certain he's coming back Gun....