PDA

View Full Version : FAVRE TO HAVE SURGERY

Pages : [1] 2

Packers4Ever
05-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Just announced on NBC News out of Milwaukee WI, Brett
Favre has decided to have the surgery he needs to
get his right arm back into throwing and playing shape.
I didn't hear a surgery date given but missed the first
portion of the newscast.

MOBB DEEP
05-18-2009, 10:41 PM
wow......LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

Lurker64
05-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Per ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4176703) Favre is not getting surgery, and is focused on non-surgical options.

MOBB DEEP
05-18-2009, 10:45 PM
this is definition of charade

mission
05-18-2009, 10:51 PM
was thinking bout changing my avatar for a sec there...

Packers4Ever
05-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Well why should it surprise us - 2 major networks = conflicting news.
Let's see what we hear in the morning.
This is really getting disgusting ! :evil: :oops:

MOBB DEEP
05-18-2009, 10:54 PM

lmao

Joemailman
05-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Well why should it surprise us - 2 major networks = conflicting news.
Let's see what we hear in the morning.
This is really getting disgusting ! :evil: :oops:

As Elvis Costello wrote, "Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused."

MOBB DEEP
05-18-2009, 11:04 PM

btw, just got back from nephews grad from morehouse: redic fine sistas in ATL

black women, gods gift!

mission
05-18-2009, 11:12 PM

black women, gods gift!

yes! you were about two blocks north and one block west of me ... the graduation traffic in the west end was annoying.

was lovin the dresses tho ... i dont even know how some of these women develop the things that they have. :oops:

Packerarcher
05-19-2009, 10:38 AM
I really don't understand the Favre bashers on here. He is the best football player the Packers have EVER had. If dumbfuck TT hadn't fucked up as usual you ALL would still be kissing Brett's ass.

cpk1994
05-19-2009, 10:43 AM
I really don't understand the Favre bashers on here. He is the best football player the Packers have EVER had. If dumbfuck TT hadn't fucked up as usual you ALL would still be kissing Brett's ass.And as usual you are wrong with just about everything in your post.

Chevelle2
05-19-2009, 10:46 AM
I really don't understand the Favre bashers on here. He is the best football player the Packers have EVER had. If dumbfuck TT hadn't fucked up as usual you ALL would still be kissing Brett's ass.And as usual you are wrong with just about everything in your post.

I'm surprised you garnered it a response.

ThunderDan
05-19-2009, 11:12 AM
I really don't understand the Favre bashers on here. He is the best football player the Packers have EVER had. If dumbfuck TT hadn't fucked up as usual you ALL would still be kissing Brett's ass.

You should have seen the "love" Brett got after the NY Giant NFC Championship game on this site.

I still blame Bush for loosing that game.

Bossman641
05-19-2009, 11:20 AM

I agree. I'm adding another candle to the Favre shrine I have set up in my bedroom in celebration of your post.

rbaloha1
05-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Also heard on Sporting News radio BF shall rehab his shoulder without surgery.

Scott Campbell
05-19-2009, 12:03 PM

I agree. I'm adding another candle to the Favre shrine I have set up in my bedroom in celebration of your post.

BOMNF :lol:

Packers4Ever
05-19-2009, 02:09 PM

Who do you see bashing Brett Favre here? It's disappointment you're looking at, his chances of returning to football diminish each day !! :(

:cry:

Lurker64
05-19-2009, 02:32 PM
I really don't understand the Favre bashers on here. He is the best football player the Packers have EVER had.

Now Favre was unquestionably a very good football player during his time in Green Bay, but anybody who thinks that he was unquestionably the greatest Packer ever really needs to learn their history. There were a lot of great football players in the pre-Favre days in this town, some all time greats even.

Packerarcher
05-19-2009, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't be calling me out about my Packer history,I have been a Packer fan longer than the majority on this forum have been alive.

HarveyWallbangers
05-19-2009, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't be calling me out about my Packer history,I have been a Packer fan longer than the majority on this forum have been alive.

We have a lot of old people on this forum.

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 02:43 PM

Then what makes Favre a better player for the Packers than, say, Don Hutson? Tony Canadeo? Ray Nitschke? What separates Favre from those greats and puts him at the very top?

Bossman641
05-19-2009, 02:44 PM
For the Favre crowd, how long do his past accomplishments overshadow and excuse his current behavior?

Bossman641
05-19-2009, 02:47 PM

Then what makes Favre a better player for the Packers than, say, Don Hutson? Tony Canadeo? Ray Nitschke? What separates Favre from those greats and puts him at the very top?

http://planetfun.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/favrewranglerjeans.jpg

His ability to sell jeans.

ThunderDan
05-19-2009, 02:52 PM

So you are 30 years old and a Packer fan for 25. :roll:

Way to attack Lurker!! :shock: :? :oops:

Do you know the average age or age ranges on this website? And if yes, how are you mining all of our personal data?

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 02:53 PM
For the Favre crowd, how long do his past accomplishments overshadow and excuse his current behavior?

Indefinitely. You forget, he's the best player we've EVER had. That's a lot of success to be overshadowed by something as silly as vengence. Favre has earned the right to act this way to get his revenge. How does one earn the right to act this way? Why, by being a good football player, of course. If Jason Hunter or KGB vowed revenge against the Packers, no Packer fan in their right mind would support that. But this isn't Jason Hunter or KGB. It's BRETT FAVRE. He gets a special exemption, because he was a pretty good football player.

Anyone know where a Packer fan could go to buy a Brett Favre the Viking fathead to plaster on his Packer room wall?

:evil:

Pacopete4
05-19-2009, 03:08 PM

Indefinitely. You forget, he's the best player we've EVER had. That's a lot of success to be overshadowed by something as silly as vengence. Favre has earned the right to act this way to get his revenge. How does one earn the right to act this way? Why, by being a good football player, of course. If Jason Hunter or KGB vowed revenge against the Packers, no Packer fan in their right mind would support that. But this isn't Jason Hunter or KGB. It's BRETT FAVRE. He gets a special exemption, because he was a pretty good football player.

Anyone know where a Packer fan could go to buy a Brett Favre the Viking fathead to plaster on his Packer room wall?

GUNKOR!!! HE"S NOT A FUCKING PACKER ANYMORE! HE WONT BE UNTIL HES ALL RETIRED UP FOR GOOD AND TT IS GONE!!!! HE HAS ANY FUCKING RIGHT TO WANT TO PLAY FOR THE VIKINGS AND BEAT THE PACKERS!!! HE HAS THAT RIGHT!!!! DO YOU GET THAT?????? HE CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS TO DO... ANYTHING!!! IF HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE VIKINGS, CHEEER AGAINST HIM BECAUSE YOU ARE A PACKERS FAN!!!!! BUT FOR THE LOVE OF RYAN SEACREST SHUT THE FUCK UP, ALL OF YOU, ABOUT HIM BETRAYING YOU! ITS A FUCKING TEAM THAT YOU SUPPORT THAT MOOOOOOOVED ON FROM HIM... HE CAN DO WHAT HE WANTS NOW, MY GOD GROW THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you..

Packerarcher
05-19-2009, 03:14 PM

Just what about his "current behavior" is there to excuse? The man wants to play football,and is still better than 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL. Don't get me wrong,I very strongly dislike the Vikes. I have lived most of my life on the Wi side of the Twin Cities metro,and all I hear is Viking crap. BUT I love to watch old #4 play the game,and since the Packers seem to think they are better off without him. I will root for him where ever he plays,EXCEPT when they play the Pack. However I will not wish him to be hurt as some on this forum have,that imo shows immaturity.

Pacopete4
05-19-2009, 03:17 PM

Just what about his "current behavior" is there to excuse? The man wants to play football,and is still better than 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL. Don't get me wrong,I very strongly dislike the Vikes. I have lived most of my life on the Wi side of the Twin Cities metro,and all I hear is Viking crap. BUT I love to watch old #4 play the game,and since the Packers seem to think they are better off without him. I will root for him where ever he plays,EXCEPT when they play the Pack. However I will not wish him to be hurt as some on this forum have,that imo shows immaturity.

exactly what he said.. I haven't seen this many cry babies in a long, long time.

Bossman, if hes so washed up.. why the fuck do you even care if he plays for the Vikes? Is that too much for your fragile emotional state about Favre? Jeeze man, hes gonna play in a different uni.. big deal. Root for the pack, boo who you want.. but who the fuck cares if hes there.. I mean the man is 40, he sucks right? He'll collapse the 2nd half of the season right? So why aren't we wanting him to go there? Oh its because Packer fans are fuckin cry babies and want the best of both worlds.. talk about a bunch of douches

ThunderDan
05-19-2009, 03:19 PM
The man wants to play football,and is still better than 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL.

So that would mean that he is better than 28 of the other 31 starting QBs in the league. I can name 7-10 starters I would pick any day over Favre at 39 years old.

ThunderDan
05-19-2009, 03:21 PM

exactly what he said.. I haven't seen this many cry babies in a long, long time.

Bossman, if hes so washed up.. why the fuck do you even care if he plays for the Vikes? Is that too much for your fragile emotional state about Favre? Jeeze man, hes gonna play in a different uni.. big deal. Root for the pack, boo who you want.. but who the fuck cares if hes there.. I mean the man is 40, he sucks right? He'll collapse the 2nd half of the season right? So why aren't we wanting him to go there? Oh its because Packer fans are fuckin cry babies and want the best of both worlds.. talk about a bunch of douches

Glad to see that you could make it over two weeks before being banned again. :D

Packerarcher
05-19-2009, 03:25 PM
The man wants to play football,and is still better than 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL.

So that would mean that he is better than 28 of the other 31 starting QBs in the league. I can name 7-10 starters I would pick any day over Favre at 39 years old.

Of those 7 to 10 how many can you almost gaurentee to start EVERY FUCKING GAME. Durability means more than most of you will ever realize,well until hangnail Rodgers starts missing games

th87
05-19-2009, 03:27 PM

Because BF at 10% is better than anyone the Vikings have currently. Ergo, it makes them a better team. This should not be difficult to grasp.

ThunderDan
05-19-2009, 03:35 PM

Of those 7 to 10 how many can you almost gaurentee to start EVERY FUCKING GAME. Durability means more than most of you will ever realize,well until hangnail Rodgers starts missing games

Look, I loved Favre the Packer. It was amazing what he did here. But the flip side of your arguement can be made last year. If Brett had honestly assessed the condition of his arm he would have let Clemens start the last 5 games and the Jets would have probably made the playoffs. Instead, he had the "streak" to keep going and severely hurt his teams performance.

PlantPage55
05-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Let's see...the Vikings won 10 games last season.

Will Brett Favre:

a. win that many more games for it to be worth it?

and

b. make them any better in the playoffs? Where he ALWAYS has a meltdown?

The answer is "no." It's a shitty idea.

PlantPage55
05-19-2009, 03:37 PM
hangnail Rodgers

This is a fucking ridiculous statement and you should be embarrassed for making it. Rodgers played through injury for half of the season last year. Get a fucking clue.

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 03:38 PM

GUNKOR!!! HE"S NOT A FUCKING PACKER ANYMORE! HE WONT BE UNTIL HES ALL RETIRED UP FOR GOOD AND TT IS GONE!!!! HE HAS ANY FUCKING RIGHT TO WANT TO PLAY FOR THE VIKINGS AND BEAT THE PACKERS!!! HE HAS THAT RIGHT!!!! DO YOU GET THAT?????? HE CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS TO DO... ANYTHING!!! IF HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE VIKINGS, CHEEER AGAINST HIM BECAUSE YOU ARE A PACKERS FAN!!!!! BUT FOR THE LOVE OF RYAN SEACREST SHUT THE FUCK UP, ALL OF YOU, ABOUT HIM BETRAYING YOU! ITS A FUCKING TEAM THAT YOU SUPPORT THAT MOOOOOOOVED ON FROM HIM... HE CAN DO WHAT HE WANTS NOW, MY GOD GROW THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you..

Yes, he can do whatever he wants to do. And I can hate him for it, because I feel his justification for doing what he's doing is petty and childish. I can do that. Why don't you try growing up and realize that I have that right.

For the love of Seacrest, shut the fuck up, all of you, who keep stepping in to claim we don't have the right to speak about him. We can do what we want now as well, my god, grow the fuck up!!!!

Thanks for the caps :D

Bossman641
05-19-2009, 03:39 PM

Haha, you are something else Pacopete.

I don't care if he plays for the Vikings anymore. I didn't want him to play for the Vikings originally because I wanted to remember him as the Packers QB and a Packer great. I didn't want to go through another offseason of this shit and a season of the back and forth. Selfish of me I guess, but I wanted to think of him as a Packer. Far, far down my list of why I didn't want him to play for the Vikings was because he's improvement for them. I think he's done. I don't think the Vikings win the Super Bowl with or without Favre.

He can play for the Vikings if he wants, and I will boo him louder than any player the Packers have faced. He's dead to me if he plays for the Vikings. His choice to play, my choice to boo. I don't need people here telling me I can't boo him, or shouldn't boo him, or should respect him, or cheer him because of what he has done and how he's owed it.

In trying to get his revenge on TT, Favre is also turning his back on the rest of the organization and Packer fans. Again, that's his decision but you can't blame people for being disgusted by it.

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 03:40 PM

"Part of me came back for the wrong reasons."

Stop making this about football and you'll see why we feel the way we do. It has nothing to do with Brett Favre the football player. It has everything to do with petty vengence. When he lets it go, we will. That I can guarantee.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Ty hopes Brett does suit up for the Vikes.

Ty has always wanted to see Brett throw 25 ints indoors.

Bossman641
05-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Yes, he can do whatever he wants to do. And I can hate him for it, because I feel his justification for doing what he's doing is petty and childish. I can do that. Why don't you try growing up and realize that I have that right.

For the love of Seacrest, shut the fuck up, all of you, who keep stepping in to claim we don't have the right to speak about him. We can do what we want now as well, my god, grow the fuck up!!!!

Exactly!

So Brett can do what he wants because it is his right?
Pacopete and others can speak out in support of Favre for whatever reasons?
But we can't speak out against Favre?

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 03:57 PM

Exactly!

No, apparently we can't. Don't forget, Favre was the best player we've EVER had. He gets his exemptions from criticizm, both for his play on the field and for his behavior off of it, because he was the best EVER. He is incapable of doing wrong. He just is. And we need to respect that. If we disagree with anything the man says or does, we are wrong. Get used to it.

cpk1994
05-19-2009, 03:58 PM

thank you..

1. Drink some Sanka and calm down.

2. Of course he can play for the Vikings. Not a problem. That not the issue which you clearly don't get. The point I think that Gunakor is trying to make is that some fans(as you have repeatedly done) excuse the childsh, immature, unprofessional, and bush league behavior and continue to play the "You can't hate on Brett Favre becuase of what he has done for 16 years" card, basically refusing to see anything wrong with the way Brett acted. Also, the fact is is that the only reason Brett really wants to comeback is to play for the Vikings so in his warped mind "can kick Thompson's ass", which by an extension means he wants to kick the Green Bay Packers ass. Do you actually think people are going to be happy that a guy who played for their team for 16 years and once talkked about never play for any other team, now wants to play for the sworn enemy just becuase he is bitter? If he was just coming back for the love of the game, we are having a whole different conversation. But, thats not the way Favre rolls right now.

It should be also pointed out that if those that feel betrayed are to move on, then those that rubbed Favre's success last year, and potentially this year, in other Packer fans faces need to stop and move on. Those that continually trashed TT becuase Favre no longer wears the green and gold, need to stop and move on(I am looking at you). The people who trash Arron Rodgers because they blame him for Favre no longer being in GB have to stop and move on(The scrimmage game is a good illustration).

People are going to be angry for a long time. Favre is no longer a beloved by the majority figure(70% favor the Packers in this situation last poll) anymore. If you don't like it, That's your problem to deal wiith.

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 04:13 PM
If he was just coming back for the love of the game, we are having a whole different conversation. But, thats not the way Favre rolls right now.

I posted an example of this in another thread. In my example, Minnesota turns down Favre, instead electing to go with a younger Sage Rosenfels at QB this season.

Now, is Favre's desire to play another season of NFL football great enough that he'd call another team inquiring about an open QB position? Is his desire to play football enough for him to play for a team that doesn't play the Packers this season, as long as he could play football for someone?

This is not a rhetorical question! I want one of Favre's biggest supporters, such as Paco or Mobb, to answer that question as honestly as they can. If you are honest with yourself in answering that question, you'll come to understand where the anger and the hatred is coming from. Even if you don't agree.

Joemailman
05-19-2009, 04:15 PM

thank you..

Irony of ironies that you would conclude this rant by telling people to grow up.

bbbffl66
05-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Let's see...the Vikings won 10 games last season.

Will Brett Favre:

a. win that many more games for it to be worth it?

and

b. make them any better in the playoffs? Where he ALWAYS has a meltdown?

The answer is "no." It's a shitty idea.

Right. Like the meltdown against Seattle when Grant gave the 'Hawks a 2TD lead. Sure played crappy then right? :roll:
How quickly we forget!

From GBP website:
Divisional Round 2007 QB Stats

Brett Favre . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 23 18 173 78.3 7.52 3 13.0 0 0.0 31 1/0 137.6

Yup, a 137.6 QB rating sure sucks! Of course that game was played in 70 degree sunshine, cause you know Brett just can't play in the cold anymore!

Packerarcher
05-19-2009, 05:25 PM

Stop making this about football and you'll see why we feel the way we do. It has nothing to do with Brett Favre the football player. It has everything to do with petty vengence. When he lets it go, we will. That I can guarantee.

So what if he wants a little payback on shithead TT,tell me in his place how many of you wouldn't feel the same.

Pacopete4
05-19-2009, 05:25 PM

Exactly!

No, I'm not saying u cant not want him to play for the Vikes, hell I even said boo him if thats what you want to do. But honestly.. just shut the fuck up about it. Shut the fuck up about him hurting your image of the guy. My god.. Hell, show me anywhere I'm even supporting Favre lately? I am just telling you that its fucking dumb to sit here and keep posting about him being in purple.

Pacopete4
05-19-2009, 05:37 PM
HERE IS TO YOU GUNKOR(AKA. BIGGEST FUCKING BABY IN THE WORLD)

Do I think he'd come back to another team other than the Vikes?

-to answer your question, honestly as you would like it, there is no real answer that can be suited to you. Is there another team that are missing a quality QB that is on the verge of going to a Super Bowl that has expressed interest in Brett Favre? No. Has there been an injury to a QB on a team that's on the verge of making a run at it? No.

These are the two things that would have to happen in order for us to actually know the answer about if Brett Favre would like to continue playing football.

I honestly believe that even if the hatred for TT is fueling some of the fire to play football again, its not the only reason. Only a dumbass wouldnt admit that the Vikings are only a good QB away from having a real shot at winning the whole fuckin thing. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that this is not what Favre really wants, to win another Super Bowl?

Why are you so hurt if Favre plays for the Vikings? You have your Packers still. You have youre next QB still. You have your leader in TT/MM still. Why on earth do you really sit here and be a fucking baby over a man wanting to continue his career in the BEST POSSIBLE PLACE FOR HIM TO PLAY! You wanna call him a traitor? If it wasn't for the whole TT stuff, he'd probably woulda played last season and been retired now, AS A PACKER. But nope, we all know we don't have that situation, so oh well. If you don't want to follow Brett Favre anymore... DONT! Worry about the Packers, because thats who you're a fan of, right? This whole hes gonna hurt my feelings bit when he puts on a Vikings jersey is just fucking hilarious to me.

Tony Oday
05-19-2009, 05:42 PM
I have had this conversation with many Queens fans and Packer fans, with out as much vitriol that is for sure, but we all came to a consensus for the most part. Favre is selfish.

He is doing this to feed his own ego and not for "the love of the game" as some say. He will be an upgrade for the Vikings at QB but playing on the turf could hurt Favre. He has a tendancy to throw the ball up when he is in trouble as of late and has lost some zip on the cannon. Still a decent QB but is not a game changer anymore.

That being said all the Queens fans I have talked to would prefer a Trent Dilfer type QB, a solid no mistake guy that doesn't lose the game but still gives you some what of a passing game. The Vikings, if they don't lose the fat boys, will be a 10 win team this year with the dual headed monster of Chester and AP and a solid if not spectacular defense.

My thought on Favre is go ahead and play for the hated purple. I will cheer against you and hope you throw 5 picks in those games each. I think TT made a great decision letting him go and getting a pick out of the deal. I think his arm is not as good his brain thinks it is. So pretty much F you Favre if you play for the Vikings...thanks for the memories but just like Benedict Arnold you suck! ;) *tounge in cheek before you go all fricken crazy"

cpk1994
05-19-2009, 05:52 PM

-to answer your question, honestly as you would like it, there is no real answer that can be suited to you. Is there another team that are missing a quality QB that is on the verge of going to a Super Bowl that has expressed interest in Brett Favre? No. Has there been an injury to a QB on a team that's on the verge of making a run at it? No.

These are the two things that would have to happen in order for us to actually know the answer about if Brett Favre would like to continue playing football.

I honestly believe that even if the hatred for TT is fueling some of the fire to play football again, its not the only reason. Only a dumbass wouldnt admit that the Vikings are only a good QB away from having a real shot at winning the whole fuckin thing. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that this is not what Favre really wants, to win another Super Bowl?

Why are you so hurt if Favre plays for the Vikings? You have your Packers still. You have youre next QB still. You have your leader in TT/MM still. Why on earth do you really sit here and be a fucking baby over a man wanting to continue his career in the BEST POSSIBLE PLACE FOR HIM TO PLAY! You wanna call him a traitor? If it wasn't for the whole TT stuff, he'd probably woulda played last season and been retired now, AS A PACKER. But nope, we all know we don't have that situation, so oh well. If you don't want to follow Brett Favre anymore... DONT! Worry about the Packers, because thats who you're a fan of, right? This whole hes gonna hurt my feelings bit when he puts on a Vikings jersey is just fucking hilarious to me.So basically you refuse to answer the question and ramble on with your usual bullshit. As an example Washington is in dire need of a QB, what with Dan Snyders so willing to trade Campbell. You can damn sure bet that if Snyder thought that Favre wouldbe interested he would be on a plane to Hattiesburg. What is really hilarious its that you call someone a fucking baby after telling that same some one to grow up. Talk about Pot and the fucking kettle.

Packerarcher
05-19-2009, 05:53 PM
I have had this conversation with many Queens fans and Packer fans, with out as much vitriol that is for sure, but we all came to a consensus for the most part. Favre is selfish.

He is doing this to feed his own ego and not for "the love of the game" as some say. He will be an upgrade for the Vikings at QB but playing on the turf could hurt Favre. He has a tendancy to throw the ball up when he is in trouble as of late and has lost some zip on the cannon. Still a decent QB but is not a game changer anymore.

That being said all the Queens fans I have talked to would prefer a Trent Dilfer type QB, a solid no mistake guy that doesn't lose the game but still gives you some what of a passing game. The Vikings, if they don't lose the fat boys, will be a 10 win team this year with the dual headed monster of Chester and AP and a solid if not spectacular defense.

My thought on Favre is go ahead and play for the hated purple. I will cheer against you and hope you throw 5 picks in those games each. I think TT made a great decision letting him go and getting a pick out of the deal. I think his arm is not as good his brain thinks it is. So pretty much F you Favre if you play for the Vikings...thanks for the memories but just like Benedict Arnold you suck! ;) *tounge in cheek before you go all fricken crazy"

All this from someone with 07 NFCN champs in their sig,that would NEVER have happend without Favre.

Tony Oday
05-19-2009, 06:03 PM
He did do that all by himself. I mean really get off your damn high horse. He was a great QB and yes I have pride in what he won with us but the past is the past and he is past his prime.

Last year this team would have been 2-14 with Favre at the helm.

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 06:09 PM

Actually Paco, there is. Do a little research when posting things like this. Washington would just LOVE it if Favre would play for them. Dan Snyder would pay him in a heartbeat. Jason Campbell can't wait to get out of town. And the situation would be fine for him, with a decent OL, an exceptional RB in Portis, and a pretty good group of WR's. So take Washington specifically. Would Favre play for Washington if Minnesota turned him away?

See above. There is a team out there right now, with no injury to a QB, who would love to have him. And Minnesota is no closer to a Super Bowl than Washington is. Brett Favre would make either team a contender.

Yes, I can honestly tell you that. I am 100% convinced this stunt is entirely motivated by his hatred of Ted Thompson and his desire to stick it to the Green Bay Packers. I've given explainations why, you just continually ignore them.

Why are you so hurt if Favre plays for the Vikings? You have your Packers still. You have youre next QB still. You have your leader in TT/MM still. Why on earth do you really sit here and be a fucking baby over a man wanting to continue his career in the BEST POSSIBLE PLACE FOR HIM TO PLAY! You wanna call him a traitor? If it wasn't for the whole TT stuff, he'd probably woulda played last season and been retired now, AS A PACKER. But nope, we all know we don't have that situation, so oh well. If you don't want to follow Brett Favre anymore... DONT! Worry about the Packers, because thats who you're a fan of, right? This whole hes gonna hurt my feelings bit when he puts on a Vikings jersey is just fucking hilarious to me.

Because he doesn't want to play simply to play. I have illustrated that to the very best of my ability. I am not the only one who feels this way, even though I am the only one you attack on the issue. In fact, you are in the minority. So maybe you should ask yourself why so many people feel differently than you do. I have explained my stance over and over again. It's because by getting back at the Packers, he would be sticking it to many people who revered him as a saint for a very long time. It has NOTHING to do with Favre the football player. I haven't ever and will not ever support a man in any profession, regardless of past accomplishments, when they take that petty, childish, vindictive attitude wherever they go. Understand this Paco, I and many others will not let this go until he does. The move is his, and he continues to drag it on. He retired TWICE now. And he unretires - BOTH TIMES - to stick it to the Green Bay Packers, and if he plays for the Vikings this year, by extension their fans. That includes me. Get it now?

Tyrone Bigguns
05-19-2009, 06:10 PM

So what if he wants a little payback on shithead TT,tell me in his place how many of you wouldn't feel the same.

We all might feel the same.

That, however, wouldn't change the fact that we were acting like spoiled, petty, vindicative little brats.

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 06:14 PM

Exactly!

No, I'm not saying u cant not want him to play for the Vikes, hell I even said boo him if thats what you want to do. But honestly.. just shut the fuck up about it. Shut the fuck up about him hurting your image of the guy. My god.. Hell, show me anywhere I'm even supporting Favre lately? I am just telling you that its fucking dumb to sit here and keep posting about him being in purple.

We have no less a right to spew as much hatred of Favre as you have to defend him. So you think it's dumb to keep posting about him wearing purple. Fine, I think it's dumb to sit there and defend his childish desire for revenge. But, you won't stop coming to his defense, so why should we stop attacking him? What makes you right and us wrong?

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 06:17 PM

I would be fine if his payback was JUST on the shithead TT. But it won't be. It will be payback on Driver and Kampman and Jennings and Clifton and Harris and Woodson too. It will be payback on 70k in the stands watching it. It won't be limited to Ted Thompson, and that's the problem.

Pacopete4
05-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Oh now you guys have insider information that the Washington Redskins and Favre already talked and Snyder tried to get Favre? :lol: you guys are killing me..

note- I'm not saying he isnt coming back to the Vikings for the revenge factor but only merely pointing out to you that ITS NOT THE ONLY REASON EVEN IF YOURE 100% SURE ABOUT IT hahaha...

Gunkor, I only say stuff to you cuz youre a big baby about it. So if he comes back and beats us what are you actually going to do, cry? Throw things? light your Favre jersey on fire? kill his dog? haha, I mean its a fucking football game buddy. He'll be on the other sideline competing against Driver/Kampy and whoever else is on the Packers. Big fucking deal bud. They are all NFL players, out trying to win a ball game. Grow a pair, will ya...

Scott Campbell
05-19-2009, 06:35 PM

I wouldn't, but I bet Diana Ross would.

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Oh now you guys have insider information that the Washington Redskins and Favre already talked and Snyder tried to get Favre? :lol: you guys are killing me..

note- I'm not saying he isnt coming back to the Vikings for the revenge factor but only merely pointing out to you that ITS NOT THE ONLY REASON EVEN IF YOURE 100% SURE ABOUT IT hahaha...

Gunkor, I only say stuff to you cuz youre a big baby about it. So if he comes back and beats us what are you actually going to do, cry? Throw things? light your Favre jersey on fire? kill his dog? haha, I mean its a fucking football game buddy. He'll be on the other sideline competing against Driver/Kampy and whoever else is on the Packers. Big fucking deal bud. They are all NFL players, out trying to win a ball game. Grow a pair, will ya...

Insider information? No, they haven't talked. But if you've been following football all offseason, you'd know about Snyder's desire to unload Campbell in favor of a more proven quarterback. He's named Campbell as trade bait twice now, and Campbell is understandably pissed off about it. They need a new quarterback.

Now look at Dan Snyder's history as their GM and the personnel moves he's made. He is always, always, always trying to get those older, legendary players. Bruce Smith. Deion Sanders. Jason Taylor. Brett Favre???

Note: Okay, I can agree that revenge might not be the ENTIRE reason. But I'm 100% convinced it's at least a VERY significant part of it, and that still bothers me. This community, this team and these fans, they've all been extremely gracious and accommodating to him and his family for a very, very long time. There was a connection on a personal level, whether you actually met the man or not. Then there are the shareholders, who have an actual investment in the franchise. Most of those feel this to be like a slap in the face. It's not like Favre left on uneven terms.

So, getting back at Thompson for a personal wrong is one thing - and I have no problem with that, which might come as a surprise to you. It's not Thompson I'm defending. It's the fans, such as myself, who also feel slighted in the deal. We've made an investment too, and one of our greatest heroes isn't supposed to be siding with the enemy just to spite us. That's how I look at it. This isn't about football. It's not. It's not just a football game. It's a legacy. It's a community that feels wronged. Our investment in him is being thrown back in our faces, and that's the problem for many of us, not just me.

Pacopete4
05-19-2009, 07:18 PM
So, getting back at Thompson for a personal wrong is one thing - and I have no problem with that, which might come as a surprise to you. It's not Thompson I'm defending. It's the fans, such as myself, who also feel slighted in the deal. We've made an investment too, and one of our greatest heroes isn't supposed to be siding with the enemy just to spite us. That's how I look at it. This isn't about football. It's not. It's not just a football game. It's a legacy. It's a community that feels wronged. Our investment in him is being thrown back in our faces, and that's the problem for many of us, not just me.

So now that we've thrown him away.. hes supposed to care about what you feel about him? It just doesn't make sense. So because you would feel slighted, hes supposed to just suck up whatever did happen to him (and we wont get into that) and just say ok, I retire. It just doesn't make sense to me. I just think you want it both ways. You want Brett to just be ok with what happened to him in the past and thats just not going to happen, simple as that. And I highly doubt if the shoe was on the other foot, that you would have a little bit of trouble doing that as well. It's ok to be hurt, thats fine... but just remember this. Brett Favre is hurting too.

Scott Campbell
05-19-2009, 07:19 PM
I think Favre may have retired (the first time) because he wanted out of Green Bay. And he screwed around un-retiring to make sure that the Packers wouldn't take him back, and timed it so that he could say publicly that he still wanted to play for the Packers. But he didn't. If he really wanted to play for the Packers last year, he would not have pulled all the crap that he did.

High treason - he'll forever be a traitor to the green and gold.

Pacopete4
05-19-2009, 07:21 PM
I think Favre may have retired (the first time) because he wanted out of Green Bay. And he screwed around un-retiring to make sure that the Packers wouldn't take him back, and timed it so that he could say publicly that he still wanted to play for the Packers. But he didn't. If he really wanted to play for the Packers last year, he would not have pulled all the crap that he did.

High treason - he'll forever be a traitor to the green and gold.

hahahaha, god I love the conspiracy theories, they get better all the time :lol:

TennesseePackerBacker
05-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Well I can see things haven't changed much. Why does all the Brett Favre talk always bring out the retards? Brett was the greatest QB to ever play for the Packers. But now he is joining the enemy, and he'll be rooted against with passion from this diehard Packers fan. I agree with Ty, Brett is bound for another 20+ ints. He is no savior, just a quarterback at the end of his career with just a little magic left in the tank and a lot age starting to show. Go back and watch the last 5 Jets games. Favre was horrendous, the Jets played scrubs and they still tanked down the stretch. I for one welcome Favre back in to the league to join the Queens. It'll bring so much more excitement to this season that the memories will last for a long time.

If anyone thinks Favre is going to lead the Vikings to the promised land they need to wake up and join reality. Sadly one of my favorite childhood football players is becoming washed up just as I remember Montana with the Chiefs(he was more successful mind you). I can't wait to watch Favre play again(IF he does) but I am a diehard Packer fan, and will never, ever, cheer for the enemy.

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 07:31 PM

So now that we've thrown him away.. hes supposed to care about what you feel about him? It just doesn't make sense. So because you would feel slighted, hes supposed to just suck up whatever did happen to him (and we wont get into that) and just say ok, I retire. It just doesn't make sense to me. I just think you want it both ways. You want Brett to just be ok with what happened to him in the past and thats just not going to happen, simple as that. And I highly doubt if the shoe was on the other foot, that you would have a little bit of trouble doing that as well. It's ok to be hurt, thats fine... but just remember this. Brett Favre is hurting too.

No, we didn't throw him away. Thompson did, if anyone did at all. I still contend that he walked away on his own, but whatever about that. I don't wanna get into that one again. But the fans didn't have anything to do with it at all, and neither did the other players on the Packers roster. Yet all would be punished right along with Thompson if Favre were to beat the Packers and knock this team out of the playoffs. And that's not fair either.

No, I don't think Favre should just be okay with what happened. But I do think he should let it go, like adults do sometimes. He doesn't have to get revenge. He could just say "That's fucked up" and let it go. Or he could look for an alternative form of revenge that doesn't involve all of Packer Nation. One that would hurt Thompson, but wouldn't affect Driver or Kampman or Harris. If one doesn't exist, then he could just say "That's fucked up" and let it go. I'm sure you've been able to just disregard perceived disrespect in such a fashion a few times in your life as well. We all have. So why can't we hold Favre to the same standards as we have for ourselves?

Packerarcher
05-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Gunakor,

What you are saying makes perfect sense,BUT shouldn't fans be pissed at TT for putting Brett in this situation. I don't care that Brett may have had different rules in GB than other players. I don't care that Rodgers may have walked,imo he will be an avg at best player. The org owed it to Favre to let him act any way he wanted. So if you are going to talk about feeling slighted why not go to the source,which is TT.

Packerarcher
05-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Well I can see things haven't changed much. Why does all the Brett Favre talk always bring out the retards? Brett was the greatest QB to ever play for the Packers. But now he is joining the enemy, and he'll be rooted against with passion from this diehard Packers fan. I agree with Ty, Brett is bound for another 20+ ints. He is no savior, just a quarterback at the end of his career with just a little magic left in the tank and a lot age starting to show. Go back and watch the last 5 Jets games. Favre was horrendous, the Jets played scrubs and they still tanked down the stretch. I for one welcome Favre back in to the league to join the Queens. It'll bring so much more excitement to this season that the memories will last for a long time.

If anyone thinks Favre is going to lead the Vikings to the promised land they need to wake up and join reality. Sadly one of my favorite childhood football players is becoming washed up just as I remember Montana with the Chiefs(he was more successful mind you). I can't wait to watch Favre play again(IF he does) but I am a diehard Packer fan, and will never, ever, cheer for the enemy.

You should really look in the mirror before calling others retards. How come it is ok to blame the Packers shitty year last year on piss poor D and not Rodgers. Yet the Jets D was HORRENDUS the last half of the season last year and it's all Favres fault. How the fuck is that any different?

Lurker64
05-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Gunakor,

What you are saying makes perfect sense,BUT shouldn't fans be pissed at TT for putting Brett in this situation. I don't care that Brett may have had different rules in GB than other players. I don't care that Rodgers may have walked,imo he will be an avg at best player. The org owed it to Favre to let him act any way he wanted. So if you are going to talk about feeling slighted why not go to the source,which is TT.

The important difference is this:

What's done is done. Once upon a time Brett Favre and Ted Thompson were both trying to win games for the Green Bay Packers, and where they came into conflict fans of the Packers could support one or the other and one, both, or neither could be at fault. As it stands though, Brett Favre is no longer trying to win games for the Green Bay Packers (and, if he returns, will, in fact, be trying to cause the Green Bay Packers to lose games) while Ted Thompson is still trying to win games for the Green Bay Packers.

Insofar as I support the Packers, right now if it's Thompson vs. Favre I have to go with Thompson 100% of the time. Two years ago? Different story entirely. Favre may well have been wronged, but I personally hope that he would just be mature enough to get over it (as most people would.) If Favre just stays retired, I wish him all the best and I hope some day he can reunite amicably with the Green Bay Packers. If he comes back and plays for the Vikings, I will have the same disdain for him that I have for everybody else who plays for a traditional rival (possibly moreso, for the reasons of "feelings of betrayal" that Gunakor so eloquently explained)

Gunakor
05-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Gunakor,

No, the org didn't owe it to Favre to let him act any way he wanted. But I can't argue that with you if I don't know your reasons for believing they did. No player for any team in any sport is bigger than the team they play for. No employee who works for any company in any profession is bigger than the company they are employed by. Why do you feel otherwise?

cpk1994
05-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Gunakor,

What you are saying makes perfect sense,BUT shouldn't fans be pissed at TT for putting Brett in this situation. I don't care that Brett may have had different rules in GB than other players. I don't care that Rodgers may have walked,imo he will be an avg at best player. The org owed it to Favre to let him act any way he wanted. So if you are going to talk about feeling slighted why not go to the source,which is TT.First of all, TT didn't put Brett in any position. 2nd of all, the org didn't owe Favre shit. He RETIRED. Amazing how you and others can't grasp that. When a player RETIRES, the team no longer has an obligation to the player to hold his job for him. AN I guarnatee if Favre had stayed and Rodgers walked, you would be bitching to high heaven, becuase we know how much you hate TT, that he left the QB cupboard bare. ALso, as an organization, you NEVER let one player act any way he wanted. That is falt olut retarded bullshit. That sets a bad precedent in the locker room. You let one do it, its going to snowball. But I don't secxpect that you will ever grasp this becuase you are a one trick pony. You hate TT and anything associated with him. He couls win a SB and you will still piss and moan that TT should be fired for whatever horseshit reason.

TennesseePackerBacker
05-19-2009, 08:05 PM

You should really look in the mirror before calling others retards. How come it is ok to blame the Packers shitty year last year on piss poor D and not Rodgers. Yet the Jets D was HORRENDUS the last half of the season last year and it's all Favres fault. How the fuck is that any different?

Your spelling and punctuation are horrendous, or how about atrocious, appalling, and dreadful? People in glass houses...

cpk1994
05-19-2009, 08:05 PM

The Packers defense was blowing leads in the last minutes of games. The Jets couldn't blow leeads becuase they didn't have them with Brett chucking INTS. I don't think you are a packer fan becuase you are flat out insane.

PlantPage55
05-19-2009, 08:06 PM
The org owed it to Favre to let him act any way he wanted.

Ha ha, that just made my day. I needed a really big laugh at this point and that's one of the funniest things I have ever read in regards to this. Oh well, at least you're honest about the embarrassing way you feel about this.

cpk1994
05-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Gunakor,

So tell me, how well did it go for the last GM to let Favre do that?

Yeah, he is already this close to being fired at the college level.

RashanGary
05-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I think it started with Favre not wanting to go to the off season work. He thought they owed it to him to let his teammates work hard without him and he could show up any time. They thought he didn't care enough about football to be a Packer any longer.

Then they gave him some dates and acted almost like they didn't care if he came back or not. His feelings were hurt. He's used to having his butt kissed, so this made him feel like he was no longer loved. If nobody wanted him, then it was time to quit.

The Packers didn't stop him. They said, "OK" and put it on Packers.com before Brett could blink. Favre was like, "whoa, they sure didn't try to stop me, in fact they cemented it as quickly as possible" McCarthy is kind of angry at this point, he feels like if this joker doesn't wnat to be here, we have a great young player who does.

Then Favre started feeling a little pissed off, like he got run out of town. He realized that he really didn't want to quit, but that he was just feeling down because he didn't feel wanted and just didn't want to workout with his teammates. Now he starts telling Campen he wants back in but this time he's angry and he's talked to Bus Cook. Cook tells him if hte Packers don't want him, they'll force his release and go to the Vikes (at the same time he's talking to Chilly and co).

Favre says he's thinking about coming back. The Packers say, "fine, either you're in or your out, but if you're in, we're getting started right now". Favre said, "nah, I'm not quite ready". This time he's thinking, "I just don't want to go to offseason work with my teammates" and he's also thinking hes pissed off and owes these jokers nothing. If they don't like it, they can cut him and he can go to Minnesota.

Favre calls shortly before camp and says he wants in. MM says, "no, we've moved on".

Brett throws huge hissy fit to get cut. He's already pissed off beyond belief that the Packers could care less if he retired or not and didn't really try to keep him.

Brett gets traded

Brett still holds grudge (I'm actually surprised he cannot let it go).

Here we are.

ThunderDan
05-19-2009, 08:22 PM

Actual before you start spewing "facts" you better make sure you are correct.

The NY Jets defense gave up 21.1 points per game over the last 8 games.
The NY Jets defense gave up 23.3 ppg over the first 8 games.

They were 18th in the league in ppg which is middle of the pack.
The Jets defense improved by almost a field goal a game.

ThunderDan
05-19-2009, 08:31 PM

Actual the Jets defense was even better. If I am reading the NFL website correctly the Jets offense had 7 turnovers that were returned for touchdowns, tied for the most in the league with the Rams. That would lower the Jets defensive average to 19.2 ppg.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-19-2009, 08:44 PM
For God's sake, packerarcher, stay down. Stay down.

Packerarcher
05-19-2009, 08:48 PM

Actual the Jets defense was even better. If I am reading the NFL website correctly the Jets offense had 7 turnovers that were returned for touchdowns, tied for the most in the league with the Rams. That would lower the Jets defensive average to 19.2 ppg.

Hate to tell you but I watched EVERY Jets game and the D fucked up at VERY crucial times. But your stats don't tell you that do they. Yes Brett also played very badly,but all the blame is not his.

Bossman641
05-19-2009, 08:48 PM
For God's sake, packerarcher, stay down. Stay down.

Come on Ty. With beliefs such as these..

I don't care that Brett may have had different rules in GB than other players. I don't care that Rodgers may have walked,imo he will be an avg at best player. The org owed it to Favre to let him act any way he wanted.

you can't let little things like logic slow you down.

Bossman641
05-19-2009, 08:49 PM

Hate to tell you but I watched EVERY Jets game and the D fucked up at VERY crucial times. But your stats don't tell you that do they. Yes Brett also played very badly,but all the blame is not his.

And the Packer D didn't?

ThunderDan
05-19-2009, 10:08 PM

How did the Jets defense "fucked up" against Seattle? They held Seattle to 13 points, 295 total yards and 2/12 on 3rd down attempts. They even got 2 turnovers from the Seahag's offense.

That game clinches the playoffs for the Jets if they win I believe. But the Jets score 3 against the Seahags and after the Jets first drive of the game can only muster 187 yards on 9 possesions not counting the one that ended the half.

The Jets scored 3 points against a team that gave up over 24 points a game and 375 yards per game.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
The Jets defense really "fucked up" in the miami game, only allowing 17 points. Pretty freaking good considering that Favre tossed 3 ints...including one returned for a td. :lol:

Jet defense really fucked up against San Fran. Brett threw for 137 yards and no tds (rushed for 1).

Partial
05-19-2009, 10:42 PM
The Jets defense really "fucked up" in the miami game, only allowing 17 points. Pretty freaking good considering that Favre tossed 3 ints...including one returned for a td. :lol:

Jet defense really fucked up against San Fran. Brett threw for 137 yards and no tds (rushed for 1).

LOL, yet the Packers defense gives up 21, 19, etc and they blow it. Also, the offense scores one TD during the game, and the defense blows it :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
05-19-2009, 10:46 PM

LOL, yet the Packers defense gives up 21, 19, etc and they blow it. Also, the offense scores one TD during the game, and the defense blows it :lol:

We arent' discussing the packers. We are discussing the "fucked up" jets defense.

Try and follow along. :oops:

Joemailman
05-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I interrupt this fascinating thread about the Jets defense to ask, "What the hell does this have to do with Favre having surgery?"

Scott Campbell
05-19-2009, 11:22 PM

No, they did not. You thought they did, but you are wrong.

Scott Campbell
05-19-2009, 11:24 PM

Ha. You Patler'd him!

Nice.

Merlin
05-20-2009, 01:08 PM

thank you..

2. Of course he can play for the Vikings. Not a problem. That not the issue which you clearly don't get. The point I think that Gunakor is trying to make is that some fans(as you have repeatedly done) excuse the childsh, immature, unprofessional, and bush league behavior and continue to play the "You can't hate on Brett Favre becuase of what he has done for 16 years" card, basically refusing to see anything wrong with the way Brett acted. Also, the fact is is that the only reason Brett really wants to comeback is to play for the Vikings so in his warped mind "can kick Thompson's ass", which by an extension means he wants to kick the Green Bay Packers ass. Do you actually think people are going to be happy that a guy who played for their team for 16 years and once talkked about never play for any other team, now wants to play for the sworn enemy just becuase he is bitter? If he was just coming back for the love of the game, we are having a whole different conversation. But, thats not the way Favre rolls right now.

It should be also pointed out that if those that feel betrayed are to move on, then those that rubbed Favre's success last year, and potentially this year, in other Packer fans faces need to stop and move on. Those that continually trashed TT becuase Favre no longer wears the green and gold, need to stop and move on(I am looking at you). The people who trash Arron Rodgers because they blame him for Favre no longer being in GB have to stop and move on(The scrimmage game is a good illustration).

People are going to be angry for a long time. Favre is no longer a beloved by the majority figure(70% favor the Packers in this situation last poll) anymore. If you don't like it, That's your problem to deal wiith.

A couple of observations here:

1) Who the hell drinks Sanka anymore?
2) You are making the assumption Favre wants to "stick it" to Thompson. I don't recall those words coming out of his mouth, I do recall him stating he wants to play and win a Super Bowl, which brings me to my last point:

Anyone who bashes Thompson & Rodgers for the Favre debacle needs to move on? Apparently you feel that you putting in your two cents is OK, but anyone who disagrees with you needs to "move on". WOW....Dude, you really need to read what you write before you post it unless you think being a hypocrite is fashionable.

Anyone who disagrees with you is automatically wrong, we get it. No one else is allowed to have their own opinion, we get it. Your input into this matter (or any matter) is not constructive and usually never is. You do nothing but insight negativity and show nothing but disdain for your fellow Packer Fans. I feel really sorry for you, seriously I do. Anyone with that much pent up anger needs help that no one on a message board is going to be able to provide.

Perhaps you need to give up Sanka?

Gunakor
05-20-2009, 01:28 PM
2) You are making the assumption Favre wants to "stick it" to Thompson.

It's not an assumption, he actually said that.

cpk1994
05-20-2009, 05:12 PM

2) You are making the assumption Favre wants to "stick it" to Thompson. I don't recall those words coming out of his mouth, I do recall him stating he wants to play and win a Super Bowl, which brings me to my last point:

Anyone who bashes Thompson & Rodgers for the Favre debacle needs to move on? Apparently you feel that you putting in your two cents is OK, but anyone who disagrees with you needs to "move on". WOW....Dude, you really need to read what you write before you post it unless you think being a hypocrite is fashionable.

Anyone who disagrees with you is automatically wrong, we get it. No one else is allowed to have their own opinion, we get it. Your input into this matter (or any matter) is not constructive and usually never is. You do nothing but insight negativity and show nothing but disdain for your fellow Packer Fans. I feel really sorry for you, seriously I do. Anyone with that much pent up anger needs help that no one on a message board is going to be able to provide.

Reading comprehension is not your forte I see becuase you totally did not read what I wrote.

First, I am not making an assumption, Favre admitted he wanted to stick it to Thompson. Go back to the Werder interveiw in Febuary. Favre admits it stragit out.

Second, regarding the Rodgers and TT bashers, re-read it becuase apparently you didn't read the first time. I basically said that if the Rodgers and TT bashers want the Favre bashers to move on, they need to stop. As long as you continue to bash TT and Rodgers for it, the Favre bashers will continue to defend those two. One stops the other will stop. Got it?

Finally, you are the last person who should be accusing me of any of things you are accusing me of. You are just as guilty, and even more so in some cases. Changing your avbatar to a Jets hat when Favre got traded there and knowing how much you hate TT proves to me how much of a Packer fan you are. You aren't one.

EDIT: And I have no anger, thank you very much. I am excited about Rodgers, about Capers and the 3-4, and the draft picks etc. I am ready dor the season to start so Rodgers can continue to prove the haters wrong.

Merlin
05-27-2009, 12:56 PM

So that translates into he wants to "Stick It" to Thompson? It is your personal opinion and it is an assumption, because those two statements are mutually exclusive.

Merlin
05-27-2009, 12:57 PM

Reading comprehension is not your forte I see becuase you totally did not read what I wrote.

First, I am not making an assumption, Favre admitted he wanted to stick it to Thompson. Go back to the Werder interveiw in Febuary. Favre admits it stragit out.

Second, regarding the Rodgers and TT bashers, re-read it becuase apparently you didn't read the first time. I basically said that if the Rodgers and TT bashers want the Favre bashers to move on, they need to stop. As long as you continue to bash TT and Rodgers for it, the Favre bashers will continue to defend those two. One stops the other will stop. Got it?

Finally, you are the last person who should be accusing me of any of things you are accusing me of. You are just as guilty, and even more so in some cases. Changing your avbatar to a Jets hat when Favre got traded there and knowing how much you hate TT proves to me how much of a Packer fan you are. You aren't one.

EDIT: And I have no anger, thank you very much. I am excited about Rodgers, about Capers and the 3-4, and the draft picks etc. I am ready dor the season to start so Rodgers can continue to prove the haters wrong.

Yawn, I rest my case...

RashanGary
05-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Yawn, I rest my case...

You had a case?

Merlin
05-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Watched the Werder interview, talk about taking something out of context. He never said he came back to play to "Stick It" to Thompson. He never said that he came back to play for the "wrong reasons". He did say, when asked about the emotional aspect of being let go from Green Bay, that there were two voices basically, one on each shoulder, one that said that he needed to "Stick It" to them, and the other saying no, that's the wrong reasons (for his emotional state).

When you view the entire video and keep the contextual value of the conversation, it would take a very large leap to get to your conclusions. You cherry picked a phrase and took that to support your opinion while disregarding the context with which it was applied. Hell, it wasn't even a a question about why he came back and played for faks sake, it was about his emotional state when he was let go. Of course you ignore the entire first 20 minutes of the interview, I can only assume because it does not support your opinion and/or assumptions. Somewhere in the middle is the truth and spewing opinion as fact is not constructive as I am sure you haven't figured out by now. Just because you stick with your alter world reality and say it a bunch of times, doesn't change the fact that you have no idea what the truth is.

Partial
05-27-2009, 01:29 PM

So that translates into he wants to "Stick It" to Thompson? It is your personal opinion and it is an assumption, because those two statements are mutually exclusive.

Absolutely in an assumption. That could mean "To show that I'm the best", "To further extend my records", "To keep up the continuous games streak", etc. Absolutely an assumption.

Merlin
05-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Yawn, I rest my case...

You had a case?

About ol' cpk1994 never having anything constructive to say? I would say his response pretty much supports that case as do most of his posts.

cpk1994
05-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Watched the Werder interview, talk about taking something out of context. He never said he came back to play to "Stick It" to Thompson. He never said that he came back to play for the "wrong reasons". He did say, when asked about the emotional aspect of being let go from Green Bay, that there were two voices basically, one on each shoulder, one that said that he needed to "Stick It" to them, and the other saying no, that's the wrong reasons (for his emotional state).

When you view the entire video and keep the contextual value of the conversation, it would take a very large leap to get to your conclusions. You cherry picked a phrase and took that to support your opinion while disregarding the context with which it was applied. Hell, it wasn't even a a question about why he came back and played for faks sake, it was about his emotional state when he was let go. Of course you ignore the entire first 20 minutes of the interview, I can only assume because it does not support your opinion and/or assumptions. Somewhere in the middle is the truth and spewing opinion as fact is not constructive as I am sure you haven't figured out by now. Just because you stick with your alter world reality and say it a bunch of times, doesn't change the fact that you have no idea what the truth is.Oh please, what the hell else could be the reason. He wanted to play for the Vinkings. Why else would someone who played for the Packers for so long all of a sudden want to play for the rival? Especially someone who is mad at TT? You really need to get a clue or get off Brett's butt.

cpk1994
05-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Yawn, I rest my case...

You had a case?

About ol' cpk1994 never having anything constructive to say? I would say his response pretty much supports that case as do most of his posts.He who lives in glass houses. Again you are the last one who should be making those accusations.

AV David
05-27-2009, 04:31 PM
" GUNKOR!!! HE"S NOT A FUCKING PACKER ANYMORE! ... HE HAS ANY FUCKING RIGHT TO WANT TO PLAY FOR THE VIKINGS ... HE CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS TO DO... BUT FOR THE LOVE OF RYAN SEACREST SHUT THE FUCK UP, ALL OF YOU ... MY GOD GROW THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Excuse me Paco, but can you tell me how it is you feel you are playing the role of an adult?

cpk1994
05-27-2009, 04:52 PM

Absolutely in an assumption. That could mean "To show that I'm the best", "To further extend my records", "To keep up the continuous games streak", etc. Absolutely an assumption.Please. This is the largest ignorant load of BS I have ever heard. No player wants to all of a sudden play for a rival team unless he wants to kick their old teams ass, or to "stick it" to who they felt wronged them. You are living in the land of Oz if you don't believe that Favre wants to come back to stick it to TT.

Gunakor
05-27-2009, 04:55 PM

But what wrong reasons do you suppose he was referring to if not to stick it to Thompson and the Packers? Seriously now. How many things could he possibly have meant? He said part of him came back for the WRONG reasons - winning football games and helping the Jets win a Super Bowl would be the RIGHT reasons. What else was there? Stick it to the Packers and...

To answer your question, yes. That directly translates to "I wanna stick it to Thompson and the Packers, and that was one of the wrong reasons for which I came back to play another season." It is also one of the wrong reasons for his considering another NFL season in a Vikings uniform. Give me a reason why I should believe this to be false. Again, what could he possibly have meant by "wrong reasons" if it was all about football and not about revenge?

Joemailman
05-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Why the need for translation? Favre said this to Peter King:

he reality, Favre knows now, is he not only wanted to play again, but he wanted to show Green Bay -- particularly general manager Ted Thompson -- that it was making a big mistake in going forward without him. "Part of me coming back last year, I have to admit now, was sticking it to Ted,'' he said in a rather startling admission.

cpk1994
05-27-2009, 05:07 PM

he reality, Favre knows now, is he not only wanted to play again, but he wanted to show Green Bay -- particularly general manager Ted Thompson -- that it was making a big mistake in going forward without him. "Part of me coming back last year, I have to admit now, was sticking it to Ted,'' he said in a rather startling admission.Thanks Joe. Game. Set. Match.

Gunakor
05-27-2009, 05:13 PM

he reality, Favre knows now, is he not only wanted to play again, but he wanted to show Green Bay -- particularly general manager Ted Thompson -- that it was making a big mistake in going forward without him. "Part of me coming back last year, I have to admit now, was sticking it to Ted,'' he said in a rather startling admission.

But that was last year. It doesn't say anything about his motivation to come back and play for the Vikings this year. The math says it's the same as last year, but that's only an assumption. :roll:

GrnBay007
05-27-2009, 05:16 PM
.....or he wants another shot at a SB.

Gunakor
05-27-2009, 05:24 PM
.....or he wants another shot at a SB.

"Part of me coming back last year, I have to admit now, was sticking it to Ted,'' he said in a rather startling admission.

I don't know. He said it, not me. Maybe?

GrnBay007
05-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah, and I'm sure he would HATE a chance to go out with another SB.

Don't you think some are stretching a bit lately to find reasons to dislike him?

The Shadow
05-27-2009, 05:37 PM

Don't you think some are stretching a bit lately to find reasons to dislike him?

No.

Joemailman
05-27-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm okay with Favre playing for the Vikings if that's what he wants to do, and I don't care why he wants to do it. Of course, if he is the Vikings quarterback, I won't be cheering for him, but that's okay too. I just wish that back in February of 2008 he had decided he wanted another shot at a Super Bowl...with the Packers.

Gunakor
05-27-2009, 05:46 PM

You keep looking at this from a SB perspective. That's not it, which I've tried to explain. He would absolutely HATE to go out without a chance to beat THOMPSON. The SB is secondary to beating Thompson. He has to get even. He can't let that one go.

I don't see that as a stretch. I see that as making perfect sense. It was a significant part of the reason for him coming back last season, and he's admitted as much. The quote is right here in this thread, and it's a Peter King interview so I'm sure you can find it archived at ESPN. Why should I believe that his reasons for coming back again this year - with a division rival no less - are any different than they were last year?

Gunakor
05-27-2009, 05:50 PM
I just wish that back in February of 2008 he had decided he wanted another shot at a Super Bowl...with the Packers.

Me too.

RashanGary
05-27-2009, 06:23 PM

:lol:

cpk1994
05-27-2009, 06:27 PM

"Part of me coming back last year, I have to admit now, was sticking it to Ted,"

He wanted to play for the Vikings last year becuase of the abovce quote. He wants to play for the Vikings this year. What exactly is being stretched?

I do see one thing becoming evident. You are in denial.

Bossman641
05-27-2009, 07:19 PM

he reality, Favre knows now, is he not only wanted to play again, but he wanted to show Green Bay -- particularly general manager Ted Thompson -- that it was making a big mistake in going forward without him. "Part of me coming back last year, I have to admit now, was sticking it to Ted,'' he said in a rather startling admission.Thanks Joe. Game. Set. Match.

Newest excuse: But what Ted is he talking about. Ted could be anybody.

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 08:24 PM
I could not give a shit less if Favre was coming back to beat TT

I'll still cheer for GB

Deputy Nutz
05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
God this is getting ridiculous, you should all kill yourselves.

Partial
05-27-2009, 10:34 PM
God this is getting ridiculous, you should all kill yourselves.

Seconded. Except for Bretsky.

GrnBay007
05-27-2009, 10:55 PM

I'm not in denial. I posted a day or two ago that he stated part of him came back for the wrong reasons. Why would that be a shock to anyone...someone as competitive as Favre admitted that PART of him came back for the wrong reasons. I'm sure there are more reasons than that.

What I think is funny is that many people here think they know exactly what's going on in his head and know exactly what is driving him to return to football. I'm sorry but nobody knows that but him.

The irrational hatred from some is borderline pathetic.

Pacopete4
05-27-2009, 11:03 PM

I'm not in denial. I posted a day or two ago that he stated part of him came back for the wrong reasons. Why would that be a shock to anyone...someone as competitive as Favre admitted that PART of him came back for the wrong reasons. I'm sure there are more reasons than that.

What I think is funny is that many people here think they know exactly what's going on in his head and know exactly what is driving him to return to football. I'm sorry but nobody knows that but him.

:bclap:

Scott Campbell
05-27-2009, 11:07 PM

I think some are stretching a ton to find reasons to continue supporting him. But hey, it's a free country.

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 11:34 PM

I think some are stretching a ton to find reasons to continue supporting him. But hey, it's a free country.

IMO those who still somewhat or fully support him would much rather just talk football these days and not Favre stuff. Those who dislike him are enjoying any news out there that can support their reason not to like him further

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 09:30 AM

IMO those who still somewhat or fully support him would much rather just talk football these days and not Favre stuff. Those who dislike him are enjoying any news out there that can support their reason not to like him further

There is nothing that I would enjoy more than for Brett to say I'm done playing. And then I'd like him to patch things up with the Packers.

prsnfoto
05-28-2009, 09:32 AM

And predictable considering most that hate are pussies who hide behind computer screens and wish they were Brett Favre or even T.J. Rubley for that matter.

KYPack
05-28-2009, 09:33 AM
There is nothing that I would enjoy more than for Brett to say I'm done playing. And then I'd like him to patch things up with the Packers.

Not as long as TT is getting his mail at 1265 Lombardi Ave, Scotty the body.

Gunakor
05-28-2009, 11:37 AM

It isn't the anti-Favre crowd that starts a bunch of new Favre threads or revives Favre threads from last summer/fall. IMO many of those who somewhat or fully support him would much rather talk about Favre than Packer football. Many of Favre's supporters yearn for news about Favre's potential comeback much more than the do for news about the Packers new 3-4 defense or how Harrell's or Jenkins' or Barnett's injury rehab is coming along. Those of us who dislike him aren't the ones combing the newswires for new dirt, we are simply responding to others' threads started in his honor. Most of us anyway.

A great idea would be to eliminate Favre topics entirely, but it's already been proven that won't work. Those who support him will continue to start threads illustrating their support for a guy looking to spite our beloved Packers. Those who do not support him will continue to respond in these threads illustrating their sincere distaste for his mindset and his behavior. That will continue indefinitely, because too many people still feel that Favre discussion is legitimate in a Packer forum. Fine, but then you get both sides of the argument, not just the supportive side. That's how it works.

We are entitled to hate him, we are justified in doing so, but we are NOT the ones starting the majority of the Favre threads. If you want our negative posts twoards him to stop, I want your positive posts to end as well. Not you specifically, of course, but everyone. We have no less a right to vocally hate him than you have to vocally support him. If you guys want us to hate on him on our own time, away from this forum, I'd expect the same from those who support him. But, again, we are not primarily the ones who start these threads. So that should illustrate who this is more important to.

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 11:40 AM

Agreed. Though I bet Ted would be willing to put it all in the past and move on.

mraynrand
05-28-2009, 11:41 AM
DAYUM! DA FAVRE TALK NEVER END! WHAT ABOUT VICK DA GREAT????

JUS REMEMBER - IT L ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!! LOL.

WORD!

KYPack
05-28-2009, 11:53 AM

Agreed. Though I bet Ted would be willing to put it all in the past and move on.

Yeah, I think you are right, Scott.

But them Southern boys hold a grudge for a damned long time.

Great post, MRD, BTW.

cpk1994
05-28-2009, 12:31 PM

Agreed. Though I bet Ted would be willing to put it all in the past and move on.Ted already has. Did so Week 1 last year when Aaron Rodgers took his first snap as starter.

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm okay with Favre playing for the Vikings if that's what he wants to do, and I don't care why he wants to do it. Of course, if he is the Vikings quarterback, I won't be cheering for him, but that's okay too. I just wish that back in February of 2008 he had decided he wanted another shot at a Super Bowl...with the Packers.

This is a really good post. Better than 99% of the crap on this forum, mine included.

I will be cheering for Favre. I hope the Packers go 14-2, and 2-1 in the playoffs.

TheCheese
05-28-2009, 05:28 PM

This is a really good post. Better than 99% of the crap on this forum, mine included.

I will be cheering for Favre. I hope the Packers go 14-2, and 2-1 in the playoffs.

2-1 in the Playoffs?

HarveyWallbangers
05-28-2009, 05:30 PM

WTF!

Bretsky
05-28-2009, 06:54 PM

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

RashanGary
05-28-2009, 07:43 PM

Boo!!

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2009, 07:49 PM

2-1 in the Playoffs?

Well the Vikings will have the top seed in the NFC, Packers will lose the NFC Championship to the Vikings

Tyrone Bigguns
05-28-2009, 07:49 PM

Boo!!

Quite a success for Arod..gets us to the Superbowl..something Brett couldn't do for how many years? :lol:

RashanGary
05-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Well the Vikings will have the top seed in the NFC, Packers will lose the NFC Championship to the Vikings

This is the exact type of player before the team attitude that Brett takes and that made him hard to cheer for.

Have fun with the Vikings, Nutz. You deserve each other.

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 07:52 PM

Do you have any fucking idea how bad that would completely and utterly suck?

RashanGary
05-28-2009, 07:56 PM
There are a group of fans that aren't really Packer fans. They were Favre fans. I said a year ago that was the best part of all of this. Guys like Nutz will no longer be getting in my way at practices so they can stare at their hero. They won't be driving ticket prices up to have one last look at a jerk who plays football.

It's probably not a benefit to the Packers when it comes to making money, but fans that really enjoy the team dynamic that comes with football got the best gift of all when Favre retired - affordable, enjoyable football that is finally about the team.

Getting rid of Favre - Good riddance
Getting rid of Nutz and his kind - Good riddance

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2009, 07:59 PM

I think you get it completely. See Scott, we are not that far off from each other. You were so utterly hurt and saddened by Favregate 08 and Favregate II that you now question your loyalty to your own family. Thats ok. I do to.

It would suck.

RashanGary
05-28-2009, 08:03 PM
I think you get it completely. See Scott, we are not that far off from each other. You were so utterly hurt and saddened by Favregate 08 and Favregate II that you now question your loyalty to your own family. Thats ok. I do to.

It would suck.

Why do you care so much for that idiot? Just let him go.

pbmax
05-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Nutz, are you predicting 2-1 in the playoffs? Or rooting for the theoretical Favre-Vikings to make the Super Bowl?

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Nutz, are you predicting 2-1 in the playoffs? Or rooting for the theoretical Favre-Vikings to make the Super Bowl?

right.

cpk1994
05-28-2009, 08:10 PM

2-1 in the Playoffs?

Your math is way off. If the Packers go 14-2, the only way they could be 2-1 and lose to the Vikings would be the 3 or 4th seed. The chances of that are almost impossible.

But at least you are clear that you are not a real Packer fan. . Rooting for Brett Favre over the Packers proves it. But, I respect you for that. You have guts certain others here don't have, even though they would go the same way youdo.

EDIT: It appears I havne't read the rule book lately. 1st paragraph I was wrong. :oops:

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2009, 08:13 PM

It would suck.

Why do you care so much for that idiot? Just let him go.

He is not an idiot. I wasn't all that much hurt by it, it was really strange seeing him play for another team, but I see much more simple than most do. He realized he wanted to play football again, asked the Packers, they said they were set with Rodgers, some bad things were done and said by both sides, he got out of Green Bay and played with the Jets.

He is now a free agent with a bum arm hoping to make a team with a shot at the Super Bowl.

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2009, 08:17 PM

2-1 in the Playoffs?

Your math is way off. If the Packers go 14-2, the only way they could be 2-1 and lose to the Vikings would be the 3 or 4th seed. The chances of that are almost impossible.

But at least you are clear that you are not a real Packer fan. . Rooting for Brett Favre over the Packers proves it. But, I respect you for that. You have guts certain others here don't have, even though they would go the same way youdo.

EDIT: It appears I havne't read the rule book lately. 1st paragraph I was wrong. :oops:

I really have no idea what a real Packer fan is, is there a guideline or book on it? I used to really like the Giants because LT was awesome.

I think Brett Favre should stay retired. Sure he is motivated to play, but mind over body failed him once already.

Hey time heals all wounds, eventually I will come back around. At a garage sale today I almost bought an old pair of Packer mesh shorts.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
"Well, you fellows can stand around and let them if you want to, but I'm not going to. I'm going to do something about it. From now on I'm going to make every son of a bitch who comes to a Packer game sign a loyalty oath. And I'm not going to let that bastard Deputy Nutz sign one even if he wants to."

"The important thing is to keep them pledging, said Justin Harrell. It doesn't matter whether they mean it or not. That's why they make little kids pledge allegiance even before they know what 'pledge' and 'allegiance' means."

"Of course, it's up to you," CPK pointed out. "Nobody's trying to pressure you. But everyone else is making them sign loyalty oaths, and it's going to look mighty funny to the Packer Nation. if you two are the only ones who don't care enough about your Packers to make them sign loyalty oaths, too. If you want to get a bad reputation, that's nobody's business but your own. All we're trying to do is help.

cpk1994
05-28-2009, 08:32 PM

2-1 in the Playoffs?

I really have no idea what a real Packer fan is, is there a guideline or book on it? I used to really like the Giants because LT was awesome.

I think Brett Favre should stay retired. Sure he is motivated to play, but mind over body failed him once already.

Hey time heals all wounds, eventually I will come back around. At a garage sale today I almost bought an old pair of Packer mesh shorts.Put simply for your case, A real Packer fan would not cheer against the Packers in favor of one player. Cheer FAvre all you like during the 14 games not against the Packers. But you should be cheering the Packers in the other two. You don't have to boo Favre at the same time, but you should be cheering for the team.

That said, I still respect your position, even though I think it is warped.

Bossman641
05-28-2009, 09:14 PM

That's fucked up

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2009, 09:17 PM

That's fucked up

Lets Go Favre! If he can't do it no one can!!!

MJZiggy
05-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Favre is almost 40 years old, out of shape and injured (not to mention he tends to screw up in games he wants to win too badly--see Holmgren, Seahawks). He fades toward the end of the season even when in shape and you think he's leading the Vikings to the Super Bowl? Yeah. Let's go Favre. If Favre can't do it, I'm sure there's another QB who will. Think Aaron Rodgers for a handy example...

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 10:05 PM

It would suck.

We should drink now.

Bretsky
05-28-2009, 10:09 PM

2-1 in the Playoffs?

Hey time heals all wounds, eventually I will come back around. At a garage sale today I almost bought an old pair of Packer mesh shorts.Put simply for your case, A real Packer fan would not cheer against the Packers in favor of one player. Cheer FAvre all you like during the 14 games not against the Packers. But you should be cheering the Packers in the other two. You don't have to boo Favre at the same time, but you should be cheering for the team.

That said, I still respect your position, even though I think it is warped.

Would a real Packer fan write off the team, the GM, and the coach if it chose to bring back any particular player ?

Bretsky
05-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Favre is almost 40 years old, out of shape and injured (not to mention he tends to screw up in games he wants to win too badly--see Holmgren, Seahawks). He fades toward the end of the season even when in shape and you think he's leading the Vikings to the Super Bowl? Yeah. Let's go Favre. If Favre can't do it, I'm sure there's another QB who will. Think Aaron Rodgers for a handy example...

Lots of assumptions here

1. How do you know if he's in or out of shape ? He may be working diligently with a trainer; who knows.

2. The Vikings are pretty dam talented besides the QB; with a healthy team and even an average QB they might be a contender. Do you not agree with that ? Do you not think Fave can be average ?

3. Did Favre fade badly because it was the end of the year, because he was injured, or because he's not as effective in the bad weather and he runs into that often at the end of the year ?

4. If the answer is the second option or the latter, have you looked at the Vikings schedule, and noted the 8 dome games and how many bad weather games they have at the end of the year ?

Your points have as big of holes in them as the other sides

pbmax
05-28-2009, 10:17 PM

right.
Assuming you are not being facetious, I can't go there with you. I might root for Favre if he makes it to the big game, but not at the expense of the Packers.

pbmax
05-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Well, if nothing else this season, we will at least have a lot of data to finally answer the age old question:

Do the Vikings and Bears receivers stink due to a lack of talent, or a lack of a QB? :lol:

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Do you not think Fave can be average ?

Freudian slip?

I'm not so sure that Favre can be average. He's either brilliant, or incredibly sucky. I don't remember much middle ground.

gex
05-28-2009, 10:34 PM

It isn't the anti-Favre crowd that starts a bunch of new Favre threads or revives Favre threads from last summer/fall. IMO many of those who somewhat or fully support him would much rather talk about Favre than Packer football. Many of Favre's supporters yearn for news about Favre's potential comeback much more than the do for news about the Packers new 3-4 defense or how Harrell's or Jenkins' or Barnett's injury rehab is coming along. Those of us who dislike him aren't the ones combing the newswires for new dirt, we are simply responding to others' threads started in his honor. Most of us anyway.

A great idea would be to eliminate Favre topics entirely, but it's already been proven that won't work. Those who support him will continue to start threads illustrating their support for a guy looking to spite our beloved Packers. Those who do not support him will continue to respond in these threads illustrating their sincere distaste for his mindset and his behavior. That will continue indefinitely, because too many people still feel that Favre discussion is legitimate in a Packer forum. Fine, but then you get both sides of the argument, not just the supportive side. That's how it works.

We are entitled to hate him, we are justified in doing so, but we are NOT the ones starting the majority of the Favre threads. If you want our negative posts twoards him to stop, I want your positive posts to end as well. Not you specifically, of course, but everyone. We have no less a right to vocally hate him than you have to vocally support him. If you guys want us to hate on him on our own time, away from this forum, I'd expect the same from those who support him. But, again, we are not primarily the ones who start these threads. So that should illustrate who this is more important to.
A quick look at the last 6 pages and who started threads directly related to Favre:
3- Mobb
2- Justin Harrell
2- Paco
2- pack-man
2- Packerblues

One thread started by each of the following:

packers4ever
killer b
mngolf
snake
vince
bossman
madscientest
digitaldean
thunderdan
pbmax
mission
gbpacfan
retail
bluebrewer
sheapshead
gex
campell
partial
cleft
lurker
Next we'll see who has posted the most in the more popular and recent Favre threads.

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 10:37 PM
A quick look at the last 6 pages and who started threads directly related to Favre:
3- Mobb
2- Justin Harrell
2- Paco
2- pack-man
2- Packerblues

packers4ever
killer b
mngolf
snake
vince
bossman
madscientest
digitaldean
thunderdan
pbmax
mission
gbpacfan
retail
bluebrewer
sheapshead
gex
campell
partial
cleft
lurker
Next we'll see who has posted the most in the more popular and recent Favre threads.

This may be my favorite gex post ever.

pbmax
05-28-2009, 10:41 PM
3- Mobb
2- Justin Harrell
2- Paco
2- pack-man
2- Packerblues

packers4ever
killer b
mngolf
snake
vince
bossman
madscientest
digitaldean
thunderdan
pbmax
mission
gbpacfan
retail
bluebrewer
sheapshead
gex
campell
partial
cleft
lurker

This may be my favorite gex post ever.

There are no Favre threads on page 6 that I can see. And I would like these numbers to be verified by Dewey, Cheetum and Howe.

vince
05-29-2009, 07:08 AM

3- Mobb
2- Justin Harrell
2- Paco
2- pack-man
2- Packerblues

packers4ever
killer b
mngolf
snake
vince
bossman
madscientest
digitaldean
thunderdan
pbmax
mission
gbpacfan
retail
bluebrewer
sheapshead
gex
campell
partial
cleft
lurker
:oops: At least mine was funny...

So by my quick count, the Thompson hater threads outnumber the Favre hater threads by about 2-1

And before you jump on me about oversimplification...lighten up Francis. We know you love the Packers and you just want what's best for them.

packrat
05-29-2009, 07:16 AM
At this point any Favre story is no longer funny. It's pathetic. It reminds me of the Monty Python movie where they are trying to throw a guy on the wagon of dead bodies after the plague and this one guy keeps yelling "I'm not dead yet" so they bop him on the head and throw him on the wagon anyway.

vince
05-29-2009, 07:21 AM
At this point any Favre story is no longer funny. It's pathetic. It reminds me of the Monty Python movie where they are trying to throw a guy on the wagon of dead bodies after the plague and this one guy keeps yelling "I'm not dead yet" so they bop him on the head and throw him on the wagon anyway.
Maybe it was piling on a bit (OK quite a bit), but I thought it was a very creative and hilarious mockery of the situation....

Fritz
05-29-2009, 07:53 AM

But that scene was freakin' hilarious; therefore, any Favre story must also be hilarious.

I am kind of hoping, being a creature of habit like Aaron Kampman, that the Favre retirement/unretirement thing will become an annual tradition for the next few years. It'd be like Puxhatawny Phil and Groundhog Day. "Hey, when do you think Favre will unretire this year? I wonder who he'll play for?"

It would be comforting. Really, the whole Brett Favre retirement-or-not thing has been going on for a few years now. I'm gonna miss it when it stops.

And maybe Favre is really enjoying it. Can you just picture him, twinkle in his eye, telling Deanna "Watch how I mess with 'em this year. I'm gonna retire right away this time, and then I'm going to see if I can un-retire the day before the season starts! I think this year too I'm gonna go for the Raiders. Al will let me do whatever I want, and no one will know why I want to play for a loser team. I'll really mess with everyone this year!"

Maybe he's having a blast with this, too. Maybe it's fun for all of us. I think we need some betting pools on this stuff, with dates of retirement and unretirement, and lists of teams he might play for ("I got the Packers down as a 250 - 1 longshot.")

Zool
05-29-2009, 10:49 AM
NFL: bring out yer dead (clang)
NFL: bring out yer dead (clang)

Favre: I'm not quite dead

Gunakor
05-29-2009, 01:42 PM

The answer is me. I do. But I haven't started a single thread. Not one. If you don't want my take, don't start the damn threads in the first place. Rest assured I'll never start a thread just to bash Favre some more. If others let this one die, I will as well. That I promise. If others cannot let this one go, neither will I. That I also promise.

The move is yours.

hoosier
05-29-2009, 01:58 PM

I think the Favre saga is more like the Black Knight:

"'Tis but a scratch"

"Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!"

cpk1994
05-29-2009, 03:09 PM

The answer is me. I do. But I haven't started a single thread. Not one. If you don't want my take, don't start the damn threads in the first place. Rest assured I'll never start a thread just to bash Favre some more. If others let this one die, I will as well. That I promise. If others cannot let this one go, neither will I. That I also promise.

The move is yours.

:bclap: :tup:

gex
05-29-2009, 04:58 PM

Well that seems to be the case with this thread(and the other Favre threads).
These are the people who posted the most in this 1 Favre thread.
I'll scan the others on the first 2 pages later, although I'm pretty sure the results will be close to the same.
gunakor-24
cpk-22
campbell-18
paco-18
justinharrell-12
bossman-12
packerarcher-11
thunderdan-10
ty-10
Many others chimed in here and there.
So if your sick and tired of hearing/reading about Favre, these are the posters who keep these kind of threads at the top of the forum. :shock:
Obsession........you decide......lol :wink:

SkinBasket
05-29-2009, 05:24 PM
This is fucking retarded. Now you're arguing about who's arguing about whether it's okay to argue about arguing about Brett Favre. Jesus still loves all of you, most of you anyway, but I think he's a little disappointed that he died for this.

RashanGary
05-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Gunakor – 19
Cpk – 15
ScottCambell – 12
Packerarcher – 9
Bossman – 9
Pacopete – 8
ThunderDan – 8
Nutz – 8
TyroneBigguns – 7
JustinHarrell – 7
Bretsky – 5
Joe Mailman – 5
Merlin – 5
Mobb Deep – 4
Pbmax – 4
Lurker – 3
007 – 3
Partial – 3
Packers4Ever – 3
Mission – 2
KYPack – 2
Harvey Wallbangers – 2
Tony Oday – 2
Tennesseepackerbacker – 2
PlantPage55 – 2
Gex – 2
Chevelle2 – 1
Rbaloha – 1
Th87 – 1
Bbbffl66 – 1
AV David – 1
Shadow – 1
Prsnfoto – 1
Aynrand – 1
The Cheese – 1
Ziggy – 1
Vince – 1
Packrat – 1
Fritz – 1
Zool – 1
Hoosier – 1
SkinBasket - 1

RashanGary
05-29-2009, 05:47 PM
There are really only a couple Favre lovers on this entire site. The majority is pretty much in consensus that Favre is gone, he screwed up and at this point, who really cares about him except to drop a post here and there.

Then you have the lovers who can't let it go and the haters who love to rub Favre's fall from glory in.

Hey, at least it gives us something to disagree on :)

Chevelle2
05-29-2009, 06:03 PM
JH - what are those numbers?

RashanGary
05-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Posts in this Favre thread.

Scott Campbell
05-29-2009, 06:20 PM

The answer is me.

Just so you know - you're on notice. I've got you in my sights, AND I WILL PASS YOU.

YOU HEAR MY FOOTSTEPS GUNNY????

RashanGary
05-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Just so you know - you're on notice. I've got you in my sights, AND I WILL PASS YOU.

YOU HEAR MY FOOTSTEPS GUNNY????

I think we should start a word count. Your posts are one line cheapies.

Harlan Huckleby
05-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Gunakor – 19
Cpk – 15
ScottCambell – 12
Packerarcher – 9
Bossman – 9
Pacopete – 8
ThunderDan – 8
Nutz – 8
TyroneBigguns – 7
JustinHarrell – 7
Bretsky – 5
Joe Mailman – 5
Merlin – 5
Mobb Deep – 4
Pbmax – 4
Lurker – 3
007 – 3
Partial – 3
Packers4Ever – 3
Mission – 2
KYPack – 2
Harvey Wallbangers – 2
Tony Oday – 2
Tennesseepackerbacker – 2
PlantPage55 – 2
Gex – 2
Chevelle2 – 1
Rbaloha – 1
Th87 – 1
Bbbffl66 – 1
AV David – 1
Shadow – 1
Prsnfoto – 1
Aynrand – 1
The Cheese – 1
Ziggy – 1
Vince – 1
Packrat – 1
Fritz – 1
Zool – 1
Hoosier – 1
SkinBasket - 1

I took the liberty of doing a little analysis of your data:

http://www.sequelsolutions.biz/scatter.jpg

gex
05-29-2009, 07:07 PM

woodbuck27
05-29-2009, 07:16 PM

black women, gods gift!

yes! you were about two blocks north and one block west of me ... the graduation traffic in the west end was annoying.

was lovin the dresses tho ... i dont even know how some of these women develop the things that they have. :oops:

Isn't it something to do with steroids? Steroids and cows and steers and pigs and chickens and turkeys and Pro Washington sports teams?

Or is it just the dairy products? The young women up here in the Montreal area are out of sight good looking. I mean it's shocking.

gex
05-29-2009, 07:18 PM
There are really only a couple Favre haters on this entire site. The majority is pretty much in consensus that Favre is gone,
Then you have the haters who can't let it go and who love to rub Favre's fall from glory in.

Hey, at least it gives us something to disagree on :)

Fixed

I think the #'s prove that. 8-)

gex
05-29-2009, 07:18 PM

I'll scan the others on the first 2 pages later, although I'm pretty sure the results will be close to the same.
gunakor-24
cpk-22
campbell-18
paco-18
justinharrell-12
bossman-12
packerarcher-11
thunderdan-10
ty-10
So if your sick and tired of hearing/reading about Favre, these are the posters who keep these kind of threads at the top of the forum. :shock:

woodbuck27
05-29-2009, 07:19 PM

BOMNF :lol:

Are those fellas being sarcastic? :D

woodbuck27
05-29-2009, 07:25 PM

So you place Favre in the top third of all NFL starting QB's. Prudent analysis. Nice job.

woodbuck27
05-29-2009, 07:43 PM

thank you..

In PRO sports we understand fully that there is no loyalty anymore. If a player is drummed out of an organization or traded and ends up playing for a competitor. It's pretty normal for that player to want to do well and feel good about defeating his former employers.

The Vikings will not be entertaining thoughts of having Favre behind center to massage any Brett Favre ego issue. That argument holds no water.Rather, Brett Favre will be signed by the Minnesota Vikings or another team based on one premise. He can promote the team in the win column. That Favre can elevate that team to go to the playoffs and hopefully go deep there. We can argue add nauseum the real merits of that possibility. Favre will certainly believe he can do that or he wouldn't even consider returning. Noone here has a real clue as to what this will turn into. It's to date pure speculation.

I say to Favre and the Vikings. I want to see how that turns out if it goes there. Those that decide it's 'a hate issue, merely judge themselves as much worse than just fans of a sport we should not get too emotional over. The prospect of Favre in Minnesota merely defines drama to me. The storyline for the Packer Vs Viking games will only add to the positive spin for the NFL.

Favre and the Vikings looks all good to me. Bring it on Brett.

GO Pack GO!

MJZiggy
05-29-2009, 08:05 PM
It scares me a little when Woodbuck makes the most sensible post in the thread...

Gunakor
05-29-2009, 09:16 PM

gunakor-24
cpk-22
campbell-18
paco-18
justinharrell-12
bossman-12
packerarcher-11
thunderdan-10
ty-10

Yeah, I told you it was me before you did. All of my posts have been in response to other posts though. I'm not starting anything. I don't start the BRETT FAVRE IS BACK!!! threads, nor do I start the FRAN TARKINGTON RIPS FAVRE threads. I wish they didn't exist here.

For the record, there was quite a gap between posts in this thread. A week actually. This thread was going to die. Go look up who it was that brought this thread back to the top of the page. It wasn't me. It wasn't a Favre hater or a Thompson lover. Yeah, it's always us that bring these things back to the top of the page. Always. :roll:

Bretsky
05-29-2009, 11:32 PM

gunakor-24
cpk-22
campbell-18
paco-18
justinharrell-12
bossman-12
packerarcher-11
thunderdan-10
ty-10

Yeah, I told you it was me before you did. All of my posts have been in response to other posts though. I'm not starting anything. I don't start the BRETT FAVRE IS BACK!!! threads, nor do I start the FRAN TARKINGTON RIPS FAVRE threads. I wish they didn't exist here.

For the record, there was quite a gap between posts in this thread. A week actually. This thread was going to die. Go look up who it was that brought this thread back to the top of the page. It wasn't me. It wasn't a Favre hater or a Thompson lover. Yeah, it's always us that bring these things back to the top of the page. Always. :roll:

To be fair, when you wrote that well thought out post the one thing I strongly disagreed on....and we'd agree to disagree....was I think most of the threads are started by the anti group now.

I still stand by my point that most of those who still appreciate Favre are ready to lay off while those who revel in bad news on him enjoy rubbing it in quite often.

I just didn't have the energy or time to go try to validate my point so I was ready to let this thing die as well.

ThunderDan
05-30-2009, 02:09 PM

So you place Favre in the top third of all NFL starting QB's. Prudent analysis. Nice job.

No, I can name 7-10 starters off of the top of my head without thinking about it. He was a top half of the league QB before his arm was hurt.

After last year at almost 40 years old Favre will be lucky to be a top half of the league QB. It just doesn't happen.

Scott Campbell
05-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Your posts are one line cheapies.

They are not.

ThunderDan
05-30-2009, 02:56 PM

gunakor-24
cpk-22
campbell-18
paco-18
justinharrell-12
bossman-12
packerarcher-11
thunderdan-10
ty-10

Sorry, but when people take their impressions and say they are facts and are wrong I am going to call them out.

Like how the Jets D collapsed down the stretch. Yet in reality they yielded less points per game.

Chevelle2
06-02-2009, 09:52 AM
i think favre is stalling so he doesnt have to participate in ota's and stuff

Pacopete4
06-02-2009, 10:01 AM

It couldn't have anything to do with a partially torn bicep he's trying to get healthy enough to take another shot with? :roll:

Zool
06-02-2009, 10:12 AM

It couldn't have anything to do with a partially torn bicep he's trying to get healthy enough to take another shot with? :roll:

You really gotta get your sarcasm detector fixed.

cpk1994
06-02-2009, 10:26 AM
To be fair, when you wrote that well thought out post the one thing I strongly disagreed on....and we'd agree to disagree....was I think most of the threads are started by the anti group now.
Except, The list that Gex provided conclusively that the Favre lovers have started a great majority of the threads with mobb, Paco, and PackerBlues at the top. Those aren't exactly anti-Favre people.

Chevelle2
06-06-2009, 10:55 AM

You really gotta get your sarcasm detector fixed.

I was totally serious. Why else isn't he committing one way or the other.

I guess he could be waiting for the tendon to snap...

falco
06-06-2009, 10:33 PM
i think chevelle is 100% right

Bretsky
06-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Except, The list that Gex provided conclusively that the Favre lovers have started a great majority of the threads with mobb, Paco, and PackerBlues at the top. Those aren't exactly anti-Favre people.

I call B.S.

GO BACK and count up the tally one by one. Then come back to me with the "totals". I don't care if Mobb or PB started one more thread than all of the individuals that started single threads. What a joke.

RashanGary
06-06-2009, 11:40 PM
There are like 25% Favre fans over TT fans and 75% TT fans over Favre fans but there are half and half threads started. Even that, shows a few Favre fans keeping the stuff alive.

Most here support Packers by a long shot. JMO after my sisters graduation party and a few beers.

Partial
06-06-2009, 11:47 PM
There are like 25% Favre fans over TT fans and 75% TT fans over Favre fans but there are half and half threads started. Even that, shows a few Favre fans keeping the stuff alive.

Most here support Packers by a long shot. JMO after my sisters graduation party and a few beers.

I don't understand why you think there is some battle. There isn't. It's over and done with, and being a fan of both is certainly possible.

falco
06-06-2009, 11:53 PM
I don't understand why you think there is some battle. There isn't. It's over and done with, and being a fan of both is certainly possible.

I agree with you for once.

RashanGary
06-06-2009, 11:55 PM

The point is that there are a minority Favre fans keeping the stuff alive and then other Favre fans are the ones complaining about it.

Partial
06-07-2009, 12:08 AM

The point is that there are a minority Favre fans keeping the stuff alive and then other Favre fans are the ones complaining about it.

I disagree with this 100%.

cpk1994
06-07-2009, 12:28 AM

I call B.S.

GO BACK and count up the tally one by one. Then come back to me with the "totals". I don't care if Mobb or PB started one more thread than all of the individuals that started single threads. What a joke.OF course you don't care becuase it weakens your argument. And I didn't even mention the old threads that Mobb jacked to the top for no reason.

woodbuck27
06-07-2009, 03:51 AM

I'm certainly surprized that Favre may play again in 2009 and I'll believe it when I see it. If he catch's on with the Vikings or any other team and plays well then thats OK to great with me. As a Packer fan I cannot put hate on Brett Favre. That would be almost as bad as hating my mother.

Where Mom gave me life. Favre certainly gave me alot of great memories as a Packer fan. I will remain a Packer fan first. I believe Packer fortunes will improve but I see little evidence of that happening anytime soon. We need to see more toughness on our team and that comes from the top.

Favre certainly helped out there.

As a Canadian and NHL fan I (we) are used to player movement throughout the league via trades and the FA option. It's just comon knowledge that once a team gives up on a former player he can create something else for his life and even burn his former team. I get the impression that some here believe that prospect is outrageous to, impossible to even conceive of. That any Favre in any competirtive camp is near grounds for a lynching. :D

I say it's all very interesting and what will be, will be.

GO Pack GO!

Scott Campbell
06-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Where Mom gave me life. Favre certainly gave me alot of great memories as a Packer fan.

I for one enjoyed the comparison between your Mom, and Brett Favre.

falco
06-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Where Mom gave me life. Favre certainly gave me alot of great memories as a Packer fan.

I for one appreciate Scott taking the time to read Woodbuck's posts and give me the condensed version.

woodbuck27
06-07-2009, 10:23 AM
So with all the speculation, the love and hate, knashing of teeth and scorn here it sits. The real story might be Brett Favre's agent Bus Cook's desire to milk Favre some more. Today, Favre is retired. woodbuck27

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/05/agent-favre-remains-retired/

Agent: Favre Remains Retired

Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 5, 2009, 7:42 p.m. EDT

Veteran quarterback Brett Favre has no plans to end his retirement at this point, according to Favre’s agent, Bus Cook. Of course, Favre has been extremely prone to changing his mind in the past. And it’s worth nothing that Cook hasn’t always been completely forthcoming about Favre’s actual plans.

“We’ve all changed our minds, I guess,” Cook told the Associated Press today.

Without being asked about the Minnesota Vikings’ prospective interest in Favre, Cook went into full-blown sales mode.

“I would think they would pull out all the stops if they want to get the guy,” Cook said.

“I think Brett Favre just brings a whole new ballgame to any ballclub. That’s no reflection on the guys that are on their team at quarterback right now, but Brett’s in a different league than most. … I don’t know what Minnesota will or won’t do. I don’t know what he will or won’t do.”

That comment would seem to indicate that Favre just might be interested in playing some more football and Cook just might be privy to that desire. Meanwhile, Cook said that he couldn’t discuss the condition of Favre’s partially torn biceps because of client confidentiality. And he declined to elaborate on whether Favre has had surgery to repair the damage or is planning to have surgery.

“Right now there’s nothing to talk about,” Cook said. “As far as I know, Brett’s very content to be where he’s at, and that’s in Hattiesburg.”

Of course, that could all change in a Minnesota-to-Mississippi telephone call or vice versa.

Bretsky
06-07-2009, 10:25 AM

I call B.S.

GO BACK and count up the tally one by one. Then come back to me with the "totals". I don't care if Mobb or PB started one more thread than all of the individuals that started single threads. What a joke.OF course you don't care becuase it weakens your argument. And I didn't even mention the old threads that Mobb jacked to the top for no reason.

Keep ignoring the facts

woodbuck27
06-07-2009, 10:32 AM

Yes Scott and I didn't realize you had heard of Verna. More on that. My mother was one tough Irish Canadian cookie. Like Brett Favre, Verna had a strong will and spirit. Like Brett Favre she was a winner.

Scott Campbell
06-07-2009, 10:39 AM

Yes Scott and I didn't realize you had heard of Verna. More on that. My mother was one tough Irish Canadian cookie. Like Brett Favre, Verna had a strong will and spirit. Like Brett Favre she was a winner.

I can relate. Lately Brett's been acting a lot like my mother - hot flashes and mood swings. And like Brett, I suspect she's going to go kicking and screaming when it's her time for the old folks home.

woodbuck27
06-07-2009, 10:47 AM

I can relate. Lately Brett's been acting a lot like my mother - hot flashes and mood swings. And like Brett, I suspect she's going to go kicking and screaming when it's her time for the old folks home.

Then (maybe) he needs to get his body north where the climate has generally been more fitting to his skills. Can you imagine the hype for Favre and the Vikings Vs the Green Bay Packers? The media would love it and the NFL will be better for it too.

Scott Campbell
06-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Then (maybe) he needs to get his body north where the climate has generally been more fitting to his skills.

Why stop in MN?

http://sportsfullcircle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/kevin-glenn.jpg

woodbuck27
06-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Then (maybe) he needs to get his body north where the climate has generally been more fitting to his skills.

Why stop in MN?

http://sportsfullcircle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/kevin-glenn.jpg

Scott:

Winnepeg can't even support a NFL hockey team. Besides the pays not enough up here Scott and what about transportation? Cars are on the way out in favor of bicycles. Farming without fertilizer would mean a browner lawn. Too many save the seals and whales etc. campaigns to place sports like football on the back seat.

Brett Favre would be ' just a guy ' in Canada.

Scott Campbell
06-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Farming without fertilizer would mean a browner lawn.

If Brett brings Bus Cook along, you won't be hurting for fertilizer.

woodbuck27
06-07-2009, 11:21 AM

Now there's the rest of the real story. :D

MJZiggy
06-07-2009, 11:24 AM

Wow, goes from left field and takes the unexpected shot rather than the wide open obvious one. Well played!

woodbuck27
06-07-2009, 12:19 PM

Wow, goes from left field and takes the unexpected shot rather than the wide open obvious one. Well played!

Ahh yes, but do you underestimate the impact of the pitch man? The set up?

woodbuck27
06-07-2009, 12:27 PM
This is where the real thing is:

Borrowed from the opinion on another thread. NFL top rivalries.

http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-nflrivalriesrightnow/6/

5. Vikings vs. Packers

Not only have these two teams despised each other for years (the Packers' surprising struggles last year dropped the ranking a tad), but for most of the past two decades the franchises have battled head-to-head for NFC division crowns, from the Central to the North. And if ex-Packers legend Brett Favre actually does un-retire to play for the purple instead of green and gold, this rivalry will rocket right to No. 1. -- Adrian Hasenmayer (AP Photo/Mike Roemer)

GO PACKERS!

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2009, 04:45 PM
So, he apparently already had the surgery last month.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4239344

He'll be playing for the Vikes this year.

falco
06-07-2009, 04:53 PM
So, he apparently already had the surgery last month.

He'll be playing for the Vikes this year.

god damn it! this had just started to become a place you could bring your kids again!

Bretsky
06-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Yes he will be; this was not a hard one to call on draft day

ThunderDan
06-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Wow... hard to beleive it took this long to leak that the surgery was last month.

falco
06-07-2009, 05:27 PM
although I don't doubt the report is true, it'd take seeing Favre's stitches to convince me it happened. So many reports have been contradicted in this affair that you can't believe anything.

man I can't wait until this fall.

cpk1994
06-07-2009, 05:31 PM
although I don't doubt the report is true, it'd take seeing Favre's stitches to convince me it happened. So many reports have been contradicted in this affair that you can't believe anything.

man I can't wait until this fall.Exacty. ESPN has been wrong many times already(breathlessly reporting outside Favre's home that Brad Childress was there while Minneapolis TV stations clearly showed Brad at Vikings HQ at the same time at the top of the list). ESPN must figure if they make enough guesses they are bound to be right once.

Pacopete4
06-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Boy I hope this is true.. I really wanna watch him play again

MJZiggy
06-07-2009, 05:49 PM

man I can't wait until this fall.

If you're really interested in looking for stitches, our vet's not completely convinced that our shelter cat's been neutered....

I'm not buying any of this until the ink is dry on the contract...

Chevelle2
06-07-2009, 05:51 PM
So I was right, when I said he is just waiting around till TC.

falco
06-07-2009, 06:04 PM
So I was right, when I said he is just waiting around till TC.

Yes, but it doesn't matter because you're a nobody here. :P

channtheman
06-07-2009, 06:20 PM

man I can't wait until this fall.Exacty. ESPN has been wrong many times already(breathlessly reporting outside Favre's home that Brad Childress was there while Minneapolis TV stations clearly showed Brad at Vikings HQ at the same time at the top of the list). ESPN must figure if they make enough guesses they are bound to be right once.

Exactly. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

I still think it would be awesome for Favre to be playing for the Vikings this season.

cpk1994
06-07-2009, 07:30 PM

Exactly. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

I still think it would be awesome for Favre to be playing for the Vikings this season.UNtil Packer VIking week when ESPN won't shut up and then during the game when they'll ignore the game almost entirely, but other than that, it will sure be a spectacle.

Deputy Nutz
06-07-2009, 08:02 PM
How interested are the Vikings going to be in say July to sign Favre? He wouldn't have had the surgery if he didn't want to come back in play, unless of course he was in chronic pain, but a little arthro isn't because of a nagging pain in day to day life. He wants to play, but on the Vikings side of things this is getting to drawn out, the longer it goes without a concrete decision being made it will become a bigger and bigger distraction regardless if Favre is signed by them to play. Either way unless Favre signs a good while before training camp or if the Vikings come out and release an official statement that they have no interest in signing Favre and Sage Rosenfels(insert laugh here) is the starting QB for the 2009 Vikings this is going to blow up in the Vikings face.

They are not the Jets, who were looking to sell some season tickets, and trading for the games biggest name showed the fans of the Jets dedication, and the merchandise sales didn't hurt either. The Viking are a legit team in the their Conference, not a team looking to get above .500.

cpk1994
06-07-2009, 08:06 PM
How interested are the Vikings going to be in say July to sign Favre? He wouldn't have had the surgery if he didn't want to come back in play, unless of course he was in chronic pain, but a little arthro isn't because of a nagging pain in day to day life. He wants to play, but on the Vikings side of things this is getting to drawn out, the longer it goes without a concrete decision being made it will become a bigger and bigger distraction regardless if Favre is signed by them to play. Either way unless Favre signs a good while before training camp or if the Vikings come out and release an official statement that they have no interest in signing Favre and Sage Rosenfels(insert laugh here) is the starting QB for the 2009 Vikings this is going to blow up in the Vikings face.

They are not the Jets, who were looking to sell some season tickets, and trading for the games biggest name showed the fans of the Jets dedication, and the merchandise sales didn't hurt either. The Viking are a legit team in the their Conference, not a team looking to get above .500.THey are, but Childress is desperate becuase he knows he is very close to being unmemployed. And when coaches get desperate, consequences be damned.

Scott Campbell
06-07-2009, 08:30 PM
They are not the Jets, who were looking to sell some season tickets,........

I gotta disagree there. The Vikings struggled to sell out their playoff game. I think ticket sales have been an ongoing issue in MN.

mngolf19
06-07-2009, 08:35 PM

They are not the Jets, who were looking to sell some season tickets, and trading for the games biggest name showed the fans of the Jets dedication, and the merchandise sales didn't hurt either. The Viking are a legit team in the their Conference, not a team looking to get above .500.THey are, but Childress is desperate becuase he knows he is very close to being unmemployed. And when coaches get desperate, consequences be damned.

And this would sell tickets to a fanbase that wants more. The Minneapolis paper is saying that Favre has not been able to get to a level of play he and the Vikes are happy with since the surgery. If he is able to get there then....

The Shadow
06-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, the Jets tried it and we saw the result.
By the way, how would you like to be the guy who signed off on getting rid of Chad Pennington in favor of adding Favre?

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2009, 09:18 PM
And this would sell tickets to a fanbase that wants more. The Minneapolis paper is saying that Favre has not been able to get to a level of play he and the Vikes are happy with since the surgery. If he is able to get there then....

Honestly, that just sounds like something to keep the press from being all over this story. They said it would take 6-8 weeks to recover, and the surgery took place last month. Of course, his arm isn't feeling 100% yet.

pbmax
06-07-2009, 09:23 PM

That was the Minnesota papers, wasn't it? ESPN is dialed in pretty well. They obviously get Favre, Cook and Favre family tidbits directly. ESPN has walked back a number of stories closer to reality.

cpk1994
06-07-2009, 09:42 PM

That was the Minnesota papers, wasn't it? ESPN is dialed in pretty well. They obviously get Favre, Cook and Favre family tidbits directly. ESPN has walked back a number of stories closer to reality.

If you are refering to Childress walking into Vikings HQ while ESPN was reporting he was in Mississippi that was Fox9 showing live footage. With ESPN regarding Brett Favre, you have to be a little more skeptical becuase they tend to fall over themselves to get a story.

Scott Campbell
06-07-2009, 09:51 PM
By the way, how would you like to be the guy who signed off on getting rid of Chad Pennington in favor of adding Favre?

At the time it looked like a solid move.

Deputy Nutz
06-07-2009, 11:33 PM

The Jets more than doubled their wins from two seasons ago? Don't be a dipshit. In the end it fell apart, as you can see Favre tried to play the last part of the season with an injury, one that required surgery.

I don't think the Jets reqret the move, and fuck Chad Pennington, stop talking about this guy like he is the next Joe Montana, he won a good number of games behind the Wildcat offense, see if he has any where near the same stats and wins this year.

I have a gripe against Favre, that would be that he used the Jets and they used him , but then forced them into releasing him with another fake retirement so he could start contract conversations with the Vikings.

Lurker64
06-07-2009, 11:53 PM
The Jets more than doubled their wins from two seasons ago?

Not that I necessarily disagree with your argument, but there is an interesting cyclical nature of the Jets record.

In 2008 they were 9-7
In 2007 they were 4-12
In 2006 they were 10-6
In 2005 they were 4-12
In 2004 they were 10-6
In 2003 they were 6-10
In 2002 they were 9-7

So as you can see, the Jets have been alternating from "bad to good" on a season by season basis for a number of years now. You can't necessarily pin all of their improvement in 2008 on Favre, necessarily. Specifically, I can't rule out the possibility that they would have been 9-7 or better with Pennington instead of Favre.

cpk1994
06-07-2009, 11:54 PM

The Jets more than doubled their wins from two seasons ago? Don't be a dipshit. In the end it fell apart, as you can see Favre tried to play the last part of the season with an injury, one that required surgery.

I don't think the Jets reqret the move, and fuck Chad Pennington, stop talking about this guy like he is the next Joe Montana, he won a good number of games behind the Wildcat offense, see if he has any where near the same stats and wins this year.

I have a gripe against Favre, that would be that he used the Jets and they used him , but then forced them into releasing him with another fake retirement so he could start contract conversations with the Vikings.I think the point being made is that Pennington, the guy the Jets dropped like ysterday's garbage, led his team to the playoffs even beating the Jets to get there, while the guy the Jets wanted, got them to no better than the same place they were the year before; Watching the playoffs at home on TV.

th87
06-08-2009, 04:09 AM

Pennington was hurt that year and played only 9 games? And so was much of the team?

Patler
06-08-2009, 06:32 AM
I have a gripe against Favre, that would be that he used the Jets and they used him , but then forced them into releasing him with another fake retirement so he could start contract conversations with the Vikings.

How did the Jets use Favre? They traded for him, got rid of their incumbent QB and turned the offense over to Favre. They said at the end of the year that they wanted him back and would adjust their roster to accommodate his salary. They didn't demand a salary reduction.

I do agree that it appears Favre was not completely honest with the Jets, however. I was going to write that I am surprised this has not been given notice by the media, but actually, I am not surprised. They tend to ignore or recast anything negative about Favre.

Rastak
06-08-2009, 07:08 AM

How did the Jets use Favre? They traded for him, got rid of their incumbent QB and turned the offense over to Favre. They said at the end of the year that they wanted him back and would adjust their roster to accommodate his salary. They didn't demand a salary reduction.

I do agree that it appears Favre was not completely honest with the Jets, however. I was going to write that I am surprised this has not been given notice by the media, but actually, I am not surprised. They tend to ignore or recast anything negative about Favre.

I would agree it's possible he wasn't honest....but it's possible he thought he was done like most years lately! Truth be told, with a new coach I highly doubt they wanted him back and they were tight against the cap. He should have just said he wasn't sure and they would have been force to cut him anyway. I'm sure they didn't want that large cap hit hanging over their heads all spring and summer so it seems to me cutting him made 100% sense for them.

Harlan Huckleby
06-08-2009, 07:08 AM
ESPN has report on FAvre's surgery:

He's back! :lol:

Fritz
06-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Sounds like it all depends on how Favre's arm feels come end of July.

Someone should interview Brett Favre's arm.

Harlan Huckleby
06-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Too bad he didn't have the surgery in February instead of May.

The timing puts his participation in summer training camp in jeopardy. Well, maybe thinks will work out fine. :D

KYPack
06-08-2009, 07:54 AM
They say they don't know exactly when the surgery was. Some have guesstimated it was as recently as last week. The recovery time is 4-6 weeks. The older you get, the slower you recover (believe me).

BF might not know if he's back and up to speed until late July or the first part of August. The Vikes could well be in a tight spot on their decision to add BF or let him retire. This will definitely drag things out on a daily basis at some point later this summer.

Just like we knew it would.