PDA

View Full Version : VICK DA GREAT

Pages : 1 2 [3]

packerbacker1234
01-10-2010, 12:20 PM
I will say... Vick may have given the eagles a better chance to win against teh cowboys then mcnabb. Mcnabb looked absolutely horrendous, meanwhile Vick faked a run and got a 76 yard TD pass.

So... yeah. Something tells me that vick may have given them a better chance.

mission
01-10-2010, 12:23 PM
I will say... Vick may have given the eagles a better chance to win against teh cowboys then mcnabb. Mcnabb looked absolutely horrendous, meanwhile Vick faked a run and got a 76 yard TD pass.

So... yeah. Something tells me that vick may have given them a better chance.

If Andy Reid was starting to agree with you, it all went away after the horrible handoff and absolutely no effort to retrieve the loose ball right in front of his face.

Watch the replay. It's like he didn't even want the ball... strange play.

Bossman641
01-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Vick's comeback was probably the most overrated story last offseason. His season was a joke.

mission
01-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Vick's comeback was probably the most overrated story last offseason. His season was a joke.

Would/could it have turned out differently if McNabb didn't complain about his "rhythm" early in the season?

What if, I know...

But it's interesting the main reason he went to the Eagles was because of McNabb's blessing (gotta be careful with these drama queens) and he looked primed to play a large role in the offense and then zap... McNobb makes a comment and you don't see Vick until (really, but not really) the Atlanta game at the end(ish) of the year.

All in all, though... you're right. Such a huge story, such a huge fizzzzzzzzle......

TennesseePackerBacker
01-10-2010, 01:38 PM
The media obviously blew it out of proportion, just like everything else. Anyone could see McNabb had control of the team and the Vick move was nothing more than giving the guy a chance, some good PR, and MAYBE they ship him for a draft pick during the season.

Scott Campbell
07-01-2010, 08:01 PM
now that he's released from prison hopefully he can get his life back in order and be given a chance to continue his career

i think it was awesome that the great man tony dungy visited him a couple of weeks ago to discuss life after jail (1st book quiet strength is excellent and is one of the publications we've read and continue to reference in my small group at church). there are more important things in life than sports and im sure dungy addressed that with vick; he's a creation of God first and foremost and im sure he's seeking HIS forgiveness.

unfortunately, it will be MUCH harder obtaining the forgiveness of many individuals who will continue to despise him as a result of his previous behaviors. im grossed out by dog fighting, as well as any other killings and macabre undertakings (including hunting).

personally, i feel spousal abuse and even infidelity are more deleterious acts perpetrated by many athletes and laymen alike. many ppl who probably want him banned for life do and have done worse things depending on one's moral compass.

here's to vick having learned his lesson and getn back on the right track; would love to see him entertaining me with his dazzln ahtleticism again. just PLEASE not in a playoff game at lambeau; dayum, that still stings - sherman was terrible......unless, of course, he's wearing green....its going to take a strong owner to bring him in for sure. or one who's not as concerend about his peer's opinion of him ala al davis

.....anyway....

GET VICK!!!

I'm just thrilled he's getting a well deserved second chance.

Joemailman
07-01-2010, 09:17 PM
The timeline given by Vick's attorney to prove Vick wasn't there at the time of the shooting is, to say the least, in dispute.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-07-01/police-vick-not-ruled-out-suspect-shooting

MadScientist
07-01-2010, 11:36 PM
He may be getting a well deserved second chance at jail.

esoxx
07-02-2010, 10:24 PM
He may be getting a well deserved second chance at jail.

And isn't life all about second chances?

Inspiring.

"The Michael Vick Story: How I turned 2-5 into 10-20." A NY Times best seller in the works.

woodbuck27
07-06-2010, 06:05 AM
I ain't known as Rastak for nothing.....back to our regularly scheduled football talk.....

Yet you take shots at weed smokers...

Fraudulent Rasta :lol:

Im not down with weed eaters. They require far too much maintainance. Weed smokers...in moderation...always came to ... pretty cool in my experience. The key word is moderation and too often some people get carried away and they escalate their drug use....end up on CRACK or worse maybe a little Meth. Real nice drug.

Ahhhh shit did I say something anyway positive about weed :?: I have to be cautious of CSIS. The Canadian Security and Investigative Service - branch of policing Canada. Just mention weed and you'll end up on some list till your dust.

Final analysis...Weed is bad. :oops:

woodbuck27
07-06-2010, 06:10 AM
'Cause it took balls to come back to the league after the shit he did?

Yes, tremendous courage. In fact, Vick himself explained that no one could have endured what he did alone. Because he's a victim.

and an inhumane asswipe

A lot of animal lovers at PackerRats. :D

Joemailman
07-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Vick was forced to miss his own celebrity golf tournament because of travel restrictions put on him after the incident on his birthday.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-07-11/vick-no-show-his-own-celebrity-golf-tourney

Note to Mike: Next year celebrate your birthday at home with your family and a few close friends.

Fritz
07-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Vick was forced to miss his own celebrity golf tournament because of travel restrictions put on him after the incident on his birthday.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-07-11/vick-no-show-his-own-celebrity-golf-tourney

Note to Mike: Next year celebrate your birthday at home with your family and a few close friends.

Wasn't that what he was doing?

Joemailman
07-11-2010, 05:49 PM
The birthday party was held at a restaurant/nightclub. Hard to restrict access that way. Supposedly, the guy who was shot was not invited.

MOBB DEEP
09-21-2010, 08:48 PM
the frickn STUD is back in action

reid to start him sunday!!!

not sure why there would be a question other than fatso being stubborn about qb

da Great is AWESOME!

now its:

father, son , holy spirit, vick da great, rondo, lord favre, AI, reg white, wayne simmons

in fact, trade favre for the vickster and end the madness up in minny (they're DONE!)...

SO HAPPY for this cat; so mature as a result of hardship and rubbn elbows with the man of god Dungy...read dungy's "Quiet Storm" people; ; life altering for members of my male small group at church

mraynrand
09-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Kolb can go cry to his mommie. This is the NFL. You play better than the next guy, you play. Reid knows that Kolb was marginal at best in the preseason and sucked rocks in the the first half against GB. It's a dog eat dog world in the NFL and VICK DA GRATE is DA MAN, BABY!!!!

mraynrand
09-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Just a random question: Are the Eagles barred from putting Vick on the PUP list?

Tarlam!
09-22-2010, 09:06 AM
'm just thrilled he's getting a well deserved second chance.

Is this sarcasm? As I recall, you and I had a huge row over this.

Cheesehead Craig
09-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Just a random question: Are the Eagles barred from putting Vick on the PUP list?
Well played sir.

MOBB DEEP
09-26-2010, 06:13 PM
god is GREAT!

FREE PLAXICO! and have dungy pick him up! hehehe

MVP MVP MVP

Lurker64
09-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Vick pretty much won me a game in fantasy this week singlehandedly, so I've got no complaints.

packerbacker1234
09-26-2010, 07:36 PM
He keeps this up, he'll win comeback player of the year, and league MVP. THere is not a single person on offense that means as much as he does. Sorry peyton, Rodgers, etc... but somehow Vick learned how to throw a real football.

I'm scared.

gbgary
09-26-2010, 07:57 PM
the eagles are a team to be avoided.

The Leaper
09-26-2010, 08:22 PM
but somehow Vick learned how to throw a real football.

He always could throw it...just not to the right spot very often.

Amazing how much coaching goes into whether or not a QB shines. That is one reason why I like McCarthy and his staff...they CAN coach up a QB.

DannoMac21
09-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Vick pretty much won me a game in fantasy this week singlehandedly, so I've got no complaints.

My opponent is still in it against me because of Vick. Un fucking believable. 36 points.

channtheman
09-27-2010, 01:20 AM
I hope to God we don't face Vick again this year.

Lurker64
09-27-2010, 01:23 AM

I'm not looking foreward to a rematch with the Eagles, but it does bear mentioning that Dom probably didn't do much scheming against a Vick-lead offense, and if you give him a week or so the defensive gameplan will probably look different.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2010, 01:55 AM

I think that Philly win is going to end up being a game we gain on the Vikings. They play them in late December in Philly.

bobblehead
09-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Perhaps at his age Vick finally understands an offense with Reid coaching him, but I'm going to need a bit more of a sample size before i annoint him the thrid coming (he already was the second coming who never won a superbowl on some talented teams).

I'm going on record here as unimpressed, if for no other reason than this: guys don't suddenly learn to play QB at the age of 30. Ah, I still remember his career best season....20 TD passes, and a 52% completion percentage. Of course he did rush for 1000, and that led his team to a 7-9 record....VICK DA GREAT!!! We'll see, but to gush over him after 2 and a half games.....well, that would be like naming atari bigby player of the month in '07. Or saying the gunslinger has learned to play within the system after one highly motivated season where he managed to throw only 7 interceptions.....

WOULD THE REAL BRENT....ER VICK PLEASE STAND UP!!!

mraynrand
09-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Vick had a couple of years to really study the playbook

MichiganPackerFan
09-27-2010, 09:12 AM
He looked great yesterday. Had some really nice touch throws, a few of them he was not remotely set. He's been fun to watch. Now Aaron Rodgers needs to step his game up so he has a shot at the MVP!!!

MadtownPacker
09-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Seems like vick da great finally realizes this is his last great chance in the NFL. He isnt careless with the ball and is playing like there is no tomorrow. I hate to say it but he will be a force to deal with in the playoffs.

ThunderDan
09-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Perhaps at his age Vick finally understands an offense with Reid coaching him, but I'm going to need a bit more of a sample size before i annoint him the thrid coming (he already was the second coming who never won a superbowl on some talented teams).

I'm going on record here as unimpressed, if for no other reason than this: guys don't suddenly learn to play QB at the age of 30. Ah, I still remember his career best season....20 TD passes, and a 52% completion percentage. Of course he did rush for 1000, and that led his team to a 7-9 record....VICK DA GREAT!!! We'll see, but to gush over him after 2 and a half games.....well, that would be like naming atari bigby player of the month in '07. Or saying the gunslinger has learned to play within the system after one highly motivated season where he managed to throw only 7 interceptions.....

I just got back from lunch and watched the Eagles/Jags highlights on NFL TV. About 80 yards of Vick's passing and 1 of his TDs should never of happened. Horrible defense by the JAGS (is there a double meaning in their team name). Still some of Vick's throws were amazing, I am not ready to put him anywhere near the top 5 in NFL QBs.

mmmdk
09-27-2010, 01:19 PM

Point taken but i kinda thought of Rich Gannon after reading your post. It doesn't happen often but ain't impossible either. Vick is throwing better.

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Props to Mobb for believing in him. The guy is finally emerging as a complete QB.

Lurker64
09-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Well, saying Vick is complete is perhaps premature. His best plays against the Packers were on late developing short plays, which are precisely the weakness of Capers' defense. He played his second game against the Lions (who despite being better, are still the Lions), and his third game was against a very poor Jacksonville secondary.

He'll play better defenses that are game planning for him, so we'll see.

mraynrand
09-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Props to Mobb for believing in him. The guy is finally emerging as a complete QB.

It took quite an effort on his part. Went against all his instincts. Dayum!

mraynrand
09-27-2010, 02:40 PM

I just got back from lunch and watched the Eagles/Jags highlights on NFL TV. About 80 yards of Vick's passing and 1 of his TDs should never of happened. Horrible defense by the JAGS (is there a double meaning in their team name). Still some of Vick's throws were amazing, I am not ready to put him anywhere near the top 5 in NFL QBs.

I blame Kampman.

Pugger
09-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Vick had a couple of years to really study the playbook.

:rs:

Pugger
09-27-2010, 03:02 PM

I blame Kampman.

I only saw highlights but AK didn't get anywhere near Vick but then again nobody else on Jax line did either... :?

ThunderDan
09-27-2010, 03:12 PM

I blame Kampman.

I only saw highlights but AK didn't get anywhere near Vick but then again nobody else on Jax line did either... :?

On 1 TD to Machlin he should have been in the hospital. The S had him all lined up on a deep throw against the sideline. And then the S changed his angle and passed 2 feet in front of Machlin as he caught the ball and went to the house. Machlin was totally stetched to make an amazing catch and he should have taken a helmet in his ribs and been knocked silly.

MadtownPacker
09-27-2010, 03:59 PM

I just got back from lunch and watched the Eagles/Jags highlights on NFL TV. About 80 yards of Vick's passing and 1 of his TDs should never of happened. Horrible defense by the JAGS (is there a double meaning in their team name). Still some of Vick's throws were amazing, I am not ready to put him anywhere near the top 5 in NFL QBs.Hey Bobble and TD, aint you foolz late to a fucking clan rally? :lol:

To me vick is showing what happens when you fuck up your life. You either get on with fucking it up or fight hard to climb out of the hole you dug. I cant stand vick and hope he fails for being or having been such an unappreciative piece of crap. At this point though I got to say that he is showing signs of someone who hasnt thrown in the towel yet. He will never be Peyton Manning but he is good enough to win in todays NFL.

ThunderDan
09-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Hey Bobble and TD, aint you foolz late to a fucking clan rally? :lol:

Isn't that klan with a K and not clan with a C?

You coming up to GB for a game this year bitch? I'll buy you a beer or two.

MadtownPacker
09-27-2010, 04:54 PM

You coming up to GB for a game this year bitch? I'll buy you a beer or two.Yeah you would know how to spell it right you fucker.

Not this year but maybe next.

Tickets are gonna be a MFer after the SB run though. :shock:

ThunderDan
09-27-2010, 04:56 PM

You coming up to GB for a game this year bitch? I'll buy you a beer or two.Yeah you would know how to spell it right you fucker.

Not this year but maybe next.

Tickets are gonna be a MFer after the SB run though. :shock:

Glad I'm a season ticket holder (Gold Package).

Brandon494
09-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Talented teams? HE WAS THE TEAM

His best reciever was Alge Crumpler and he had DJ Duckett and an aging Warrick Dunn at RB. The guy also just happened to be the first QB ever to beat the Packers at home in the playoffs. He always had the talent but never put in the work, he thought he could just trust his legs. This season with the Eagles he is studying more than ever and is actually keeping his eyes downfield instead of trying to run everytime a play breaks down. Now I don't agree with anything he did but he did his time and with the help of Dungy seems to be going in the right direction. You can differently tell he has matured just by the way he plays. I have yet to see him act cocky after a big play like he did earlier in his career. Instead he either does nothing or celebrates with his teammates.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2010, 07:37 PM
a couple of years after his jerzey gets pulled by reebok, vick da great's joint is once again in high demand!

talk about redemption

life is SO cool when we see heart-warming situations that GOD plays a role in; gives us hope for mankind accross the board

NUMBER TWO IN NFL QB RATING btw

frickn BEAST!

MOBB DEEP
01-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Im so torn when it comes to today's game! The Latino on sports reporters (espn) earlier expressed my sentiment TO THE LETTER: would be nice to see pack reach they're full potential and do the damned thing this post season. But if they were to win today then lose next week, I'd rather see Vick da Great move on (his story transcends imho)...of course no one can predict what will happen after today..thus, Im torn SO much..obviously Im not a staunch packer backer like I once was (thanks ted thompson..sigh!) back when i would be depressed for 4 days after a GB loss..i will be pleased either way

Pack is DEF a better team, but more inconsistent

I predict Driver will shine

Bossman641
01-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Damn that Ted Thompson for building a team with so much depth!!!!!!!!

Scott Campbell
01-09-2011, 02:57 PM
a couple of years after his jerzey gets pulled by reebok, vick da great's joint is once again in high demand!

talk about redemption

life is SO cool when we see heart-warming situations that GOD plays a role in; gives us hope for mankind accross the board

NUMBER TWO IN NFL QB RATING btw

frickn BEAST!

It's almost like he traded legacies with Bert.

SkinBasket
01-09-2011, 09:12 PM
I'd rather see Vick da Great move on (his story transcends imho)

Nothing describes the human condition better than a pampered athlete turned murderer turned pampered athlete again. I mean, who can't relate?

Infamous
10-19-2014, 08:24 AM
Vick Da Great's evolution as a man is praiseworthy (praise God)! Me thinks he will be a GREAT influence on Harvin

Infamous
09-28-2015, 09:39 AM
Once again its ON!!
I believe he can have Pit playing .500 ball until Ben comes back

gbgary
09-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Once again its ON!!
I believe he can have Pit playing .500 ball until Ben comes back

they have a pretty tough schedule for the next 8 games. it'll take a miracle.

George Cumby
09-28-2015, 02:28 PM
Gods not a fan of dog-killers.

mraynrand
09-28-2015, 04:20 PM

It's what's for dinner

Joemailman
10-04-2015, 10:24 PM
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/v/t1.0-9/10168047_612047148869488_1468366611_n.jpg?oh=c265c 727c28fdd120bf17b5f36cfe405&oe=56A66CDB

Cheesehead Craig
10-05-2015, 08:16 AM
So far, 0-1 with no playmaking ability. Pretty much par for the course.

mraynrand
10-05-2015, 08:17 AM
So far, 0-1 with no playmaking ability. Pretty much par for the course.

they just haven't unleashed his potential yet

Cheesehead Craig
10-05-2015, 08:18 AM
they just haven't unleashed his potential yet

Why am I suddenly reminded of the Monty Python "Parrot Sketch" with Vick?

mraynrand
10-05-2015, 08:23 AM
Good News! Your sentence is up. You are free to go!

http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/00/3/2/5/6402212954359594.jpg

Infamous
12-07-2015, 09:14 PM

BLASPHEMY!!

She/he without sin cast 1st stone

mraynrand
12-08-2015, 12:01 AM
BLASPHEMY!!

She/he without sin cast 1st stone

BRING BLACK VICK!!!