PDA

View Full Version : Country's best drivers

Little Whiskey
05-21-2009, 10:52 PM
looks Wisconsin did very well. thought Ill. should have been down further on the list.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/993/where-the-worst-drivers-live/;_ylc=X3oDMTE5ZmdmcGVkBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLXRv ZGF5BHNsawN3b3JzdC1kcml2ZXJz

Scott Campbell
05-22-2009, 08:45 AM
This is a list ranking the countries slowest drivers. A list ranking the best drivers would have to be this one, but flipped upside down. Zippy the chimp can follow at safe distances. You've got to have serious skills behind the wheel to drive in NYC or CA rush hour.

mraynrand
05-22-2009, 09:45 AM
This is a list ranking the countries slowest drivers. A list ranking the best drivers would have to be this one, but flipped upside down. Zippy the chimp can follow at safe distances. You've got to have serious skills behind the wheel to drive in NYC or CA rush hour.

I've driven in just about every major city in the US. There is nothing quite like Boston. It seriously helps your driving if you have a death wish.

MJZiggy
05-22-2009, 06:45 PM

I've driven in just about every major city in the US. There is nothing quite like Boston. It seriously helps your driving if you have a death wish.

Absolutely. No question.

oregonpackfan
05-22-2009, 07:15 PM
The Philadelphia area is also one of the worst areas to drive, IMO.

Freak Out
05-22-2009, 07:31 PM

First time I drove in NYC I was buzzed and driving a BMW....I am still surprised I never hit a pedestrian...they are very skilled at dodging vehicles it seems. :)

The thing that amazed me about driving in California is just how fast people drive...I had cars passing me (including cops) on the freeway and I was going 80-90 MPH. I loved it....felt like I was back in Germany or Italy.

I still think Alaskans are the worst/rudest drivers...rural Utah drivers are the most dangerous.

Harlan Huckleby
05-22-2009, 07:42 PM
I think Chicago is as bad as east coast cities, maybe worse.

Little Whiskey
05-22-2009, 10:44 PM
it really sucks when you get behind a tractor. damn thing backs up traffic!

SnakeLH2006
05-23-2009, 02:38 AM

Snake used to go down to SF in his teens/early 20's to buy cars from the Mexicans and drive 'em back up to WI to sell for twice the cost (paid my college education). Those Frisco drivers were just nuts. I remember driving or my roomie at the time going through red lights wasted 10 years ago but not only that CRAZY mofo's cutting you off within a foot of your car. Just crazy, but good times. Frisco is crazy.

Fosco33
05-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Grew up driving in WI - having to deal with extreme elements makes people more cautious.

But understanding the rules and being polite - WI is way up there.

My company is based in OR - very (very) slow drivers up there.

Living in Los Angeles - per capita one of the lowest death rates due to driving - mostly because people are in large, slow moving parking lots. When people can drive fast - they're pretty decent. Get some rain and it's a whole new story.... talk about crappy drivers...

MadScientist
05-26-2009, 01:29 PM
The test is on driver knowledge, not their actual skill.

Boston is pretty nuts, but San Diego takes the cake for stupid. People waiting for a green arrow when they were not in the left turn lane happened countless times. Being cut off while making a left hand turn by someone making a U-turn from the other left turn lane happened more than once. No wonder the horn on my car broke when I lived there.

mraynrand
05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
The test is on driver knowledge, not their actual skill.

Boston is pretty nuts, but San Diego takes the cake for stupid. People waiting for a green arrow when they were not in the left turn lane happened countless times. Being cut off while making a left hand turn by someone making a U-turn from the other left turn lane happened more than once. No wonder the horn on my car broke when I lived there.

Go *uck yourselves, San Diego!
http://static.guim.co.uk/Guardian/arts/gallery/2007/jul/22/comedy.films/anchorman_kobal-8189.jpg

GBRulz
06-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Obviously, this writer/study never took a ride on 41 between GB & Milwaukee

Aaron12odgers
06-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Sorry to be off topic, but since this thread is about "drivers", anyone have a "Hammer"? Does it work as advertised? I got brainwashed by that stupid infomercial, and just ordered one from Heartlandamerica.com for about $50. Waiting for it to arrive.

http://www.lessons-in-golf.com/images/zolex-hammer-driver.jpg

sheepshead
06-02-2009, 12:11 PM
A few things about Wisco drivers. Theyre not very courteous. They block driveways and intersections. Theyll change lanes on the highway right in front of you then slow down and hit the breaks. They rarely merge into traffic. If a car is coming a half mile down the road, theyll sit there until the road is clear for 3 miles. I was leaving a gas station once after a Packer Game and this woman blocked me in at a red light. I lightly hit the horn and she flipped me off. People in congested areas understand traffic flow better. Give me the city of Chicago any day.

Little Whiskey
06-02-2009, 01:29 PM
People in congested areas understand traffic flow better. Give me the city of Chicago any day.

so they can ride the closing construction lane all the way till it ends then expect to find a slot to slide in, causing the everyone to slow down or stop. no thanks. I wish they would build a bridge over that damn city. you can get on or off til you hit Wisconsin, Iowa, or Indiana!

SnakeLH2006
06-03-2009, 02:48 AM
People in congested areas understand traffic flow better. Give me the city of Chicago any day.

so they can ride the closing construction lane all the way till it ends then expect to find a slot to slide in, causing the everyone to slow down or stop. no thanks. I wish they would build a bridge over that damn city. you can get on or off til you hit Wisconsin, Iowa, or Indiana!

Construction sucks, but Snake was in Madison 2 years ago on his Katana crotchrocket and got fed up after a Badger BBall game with an accident/cops and peeps honking. Snake left the road and hit the sidewalk for a good 1/4 mile (nobody nearby on the walk) to jump traffic. It was a good call as my 2 buddies in a nearby car waited 30 min. to get through. Snake already had 4 beers down at the bar the time they joined me. Good stuff. :?...Although, they drove me home that nite. Don't drink and drive a rocket......Trust Snake. :cry: