PDA

View Full Version : Favre TD Videos

Bossman641
05-22-2009, 01:56 PM
I found these on youtube last night. Some guy has put up videos of all Favre's TD passes from 92-97. Brought back a lot of memories for me. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=brett+f@vre&aq=f

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2009, 02:17 PM
I reminder just about all of them. He took his helmet off a lot in his younger days. Sterling Sharpe was REALLY good (he seemed to catch all of the TD passes) and Brett had a gun.

1992 favorites

1) Career TD #2 - The GW against Cincinnati
2) Career TD #11 - Favre to Sharpe on the bomb. Love the ball fake.
3) Career TD #3 - Pump fake to Sharpe. Sharpe beat a Hall of Famer on that one.
4) Career TD #13 - because it was funny to see Sharpe frolick in the snow.

I guess I don't have time to go through all of them.
:D

Bossman641
05-22-2009, 02:20 PM
I think Robert Brooks was a lot better than he gets credit for.

A lot of these TD's were off screens, and there were a lot, in general, to the RB's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJlNhQrXNSA

Freeman's catch at around the 8:00 mark is one of my favorite TD grabs. Along with his Hail Mary right before the half in that same game.

Freak Out
05-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Damn that's some good stuff. How many SB's do you think losing Sharpe cost us? :)

Bossman641
05-22-2009, 02:23 PM
I reminder just about all of them. He took his helmet off a lot in his younger days. Sterling Sharpe was REALLY good (he seemed to catch all of the TD passes) and Brett had a gun.

1992 favorites

Yea you can definitely waste a lot of time going through these.

Does anyone else remember, did TBS or TNT used to do Sunday night games? In one of the videos, 94 or 95 I think, the Packers are playing at Jacksonville. I am about 99% sure it was a Sunday night game on TNT.

Pacopete4
05-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks for posting this bossman, fun to watch!

Bossman641
05-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Anyone else notice how close the stadium wall is to the back of the end zone at Milwaukee County? It's practically an arena league game.

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2009, 02:49 PM
When I get time, I going to do something like this for ARod's first season as a starter. NFL.com has all of the highlights now. Should be a little easier to do. No offense to Brett because these highlights are great.

channtheman
05-22-2009, 03:00 PM
If anyone wants to download these so that in case youtube finds some stupid reason to delete them if you type in "pwn" before the youtube part of the link. So for example http://www.pwnyoutube.com/watch?v=sCSWhJnEZEY&feature=related.

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2009, 03:28 PM
If anyone wants to download these so that in case youtube finds some stupid reason to delete them if you type in "pwn" before the youtube part of the link. So for example http://www.pwnyoutube.com/watch?v=sCSWhJnEZEY&feature=related.

If you use Firefox and install the Download Helper extension, you can use that also. Choose Tools > Download Helper > Media.

Freak Out
05-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Just finished 94....WOW. The cowboy game was nutz.....was 94 the year Sharpe played with turf toe most of the season? Damn that guy was amazing.

Bossman641
05-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Just finished 94....WOW. The cowboy game was nutz.....was 94 the year Sharpe played with turf toe most of the season? Damn that guy was amazing.

Is that the game where he had 4 TD?

gbgary
05-22-2009, 09:28 PM
after watching the '93 tds i realized that's the first time i went to Green Bay, not '94 like i thought. it was the bucs game with the late td to sharpe to win it. i was sitting at the 15 yard line, Packers side, second or third row up i think. Brett was right in front of my Packer buddy and me when he was pumping his arms. i was taping sharpe coming off the field and my buddy said Brett was looking right at him pumping his arms. lol

gbgary
05-22-2009, 09:35 PM

no. that was '93. sharped was wanting to come off the field, in the detroit playoff game, and couldn't and ended up catching that long ball from Brett on the next play to win it.

SnakeLH2006
05-23-2009, 01:23 AM
I found these on youtube last night. Some guy has put up videos of all Favre's TD passes from 92-97. Brought back a lot of memories for me. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=brett+f@vre&aq=f

Just an awesome topic Bossman. As we are similar ages, just turned 29 but 2 things stand out for Snake:

1) Brett Favre even nearing 40 plays the same exact way throwing the ball as he did in his youth. The only thing different is he doesn't have the nifty feet like he used to. That is a testament to his arm. But seen EVERY Favre game EVER (even the Jets) and it's fucking eerie how his game is the same, outside of his footwork. What an awesome player!

2) Sterling Sharpe still is one my fav. players EVER. Seeing all those Sharpe TD's/catches makes Snake wonder what if? What if Sharpe never got hurt? He was what, 28-29 when he had to retire at 550 or so catches? He would have been a lock for the HOF in 3 more years and prob. coulda played till he was 38 with his type of game. Shifty ass speed, but incredible body control. He reminds me of Terrell Owens without the BS with better hands. Just imagine what Sharpe could have done to the WR records over a FULL career? Prob. my fav. Packer player of all-time outside of Brett as a player. Just an amazing beast of a player. :worship:

BTW, I didn't watch them all, but at what point was that amazing catch vs. the Raiders (was it 1992-1994) where Sharpe caught it at the 15 or so and carried like 4 guys into the endzone. One of the most amazing things in the NFL Snake has ever seen. Where was that? What game?

th87
05-23-2009, 04:40 AM
Amazing stuff.

I was trying to analyze how Favre's game has changed over the years. Like Snake said, he doesn't use his footwork as much, but it looks like his motion is more precise. However, his throwing motion looks like he winds up before he uncorks it now. I'm sure this has probably affected his range of accuracy a bit.

PackerBlues
05-23-2009, 06:25 AM
2) Sterling Sharpe still is one my fav. players EVER. Seeing all those Sharpe TD's/catches makes Snake wonder what if? What if Sharpe never got hurt? He was what, 28-29 when he had to retire at 550 or so catches? He would have been a lock for the HOF in 3 more years and prob. coulda played till he was 38 with his type of game. Shifty ass speed, but incredible body control. He reminds me of Terrell Owens without the BS with better hands. Just imagine what Sharpe could have done to the WR records over a FULL career? Prob. my fav. Packer player of all-time outside of Brett as a player. Just an amazing beast of a player. :worship:

I have said it b4 and will say it again. If it wasn't for Sterlings career ending early, people would be asking "Jerry Rice? ... Who is Jerry Rice?"

falco
05-25-2009, 01:09 PM
I have said it b4 and will say it again. If it wasn't for Sterlings career ending early, people would be asking "Jerry Rice? ... Who is Jerry Rice?"

I saw Sterling before one of the preseason games last year. Cat is fat now.

cpk1994
05-25-2009, 03:20 PM

1992 favorites

Yea you can definitely waste a lot of time going through these.

Does anyone else remember, did TBS or TNT used to do Sunday night games? In one of the videos, 94 or 95 I think, the Packers are playing at Jacksonville. I am about 99% sure it was a Sunday night game on TNT.TNT used to do Sunday night games. TNT did like the frst 8, ESPN did the last 8. The most memorable game for the Packers was against JOhn Elway and the Broncos. THe Packers built a 30-7 lead only to see Elway cut it to 30-27 before Reggie White got back to back sacks to seal the win.

Packerarcher
05-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the awesome link,but it does make me even more pissed at TT for pushing the best packer EVER out.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-26-2009, 08:34 PM

Ridiculous. :roll:

falco
05-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the awesome link,but it does make me even more pissed at TT for pushing the best packer EVER out.

waah

http://talkcity.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/crying6.jpg

GrnBay007
05-26-2009, 08:59 PM
waah

Wow!!!!!!!

:roll:

falco
05-26-2009, 09:01 PM
waah

Wow!!!!!!!

:roll:

ouch

:lol:

SnakeLH2006
05-27-2009, 01:54 AM

I saw Sterling before one of the preseason games last year. Cat is fat now. Who the fuck cares? He's 43 or 44 now? He's chunky? What's your point? How the fuck does that matter about his prime when he had to retire 13 years ago? Go watch Pros vs. Joes or something. Damn. Everybody gets fat at one point. I'm now 29 and in good shape, and Partial is what 24 and fat? So what if Sharpe is chunky in his 40's? Jesus.

Kinda but no...At 27-28 whenever he had to retire... Sharpe had 550 catches and was in the midst of his routine 100 catch prime with a prime MVP Brett.

Nobody would forget Rice, but Sharpe over 17-20 more years would have had prob. 1500 catches in an easier WR era than Rice's earlier era as it was just getting easier for WR's to catch balls. Sharpe would have went down as at least the 2nd best WR ever. Anyone who remembers him, remembers he just B.E.A.S.T.E.D. hardcore. Hard to say if he'd ever better Rice..prob. not, but he'd at least put up similar numbers given he was pretty young and so awesomely AWESOME when he had to retire at 28. Rice played till he was 42...and was great for many seasons, but some say Sharpe was better than Rice in the same years they put up numbers.

Just know this. We won our 1 1990's SuperBowl just after Sharpe went down. Imagine him with that O and D in the mid to late 90's. We would have won more games and gone to more SuperBowls and prob. won more. Sharpe would have been the best player on the best team in the late 90's...prob. a few more SB wins. But then, again...what if? :cry: :shock: :shock: 8-)

Dude was easily arguably one of the top 10 talents of the 90's (given a career cut short) but easily one of the top 5 playmakers in all the NFL at his peak at that time...

For those too young to remember...Snake hate's feeling old at 29 but how can you forget what a threat Sharpe was?...dude was our "any play could be a TD before Favre".....kinda "like a freight train baby"....Umm...in one word...YES:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_8uql9-1IA

falco
05-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Who the fuck cares? He's 43 or 44 now? He's chunky? What's your point? How the fuck does that matter about his prime when he had to retire 13 years ago? Go watch Pros vs. Joes or something. Damn. Everybody gets fat at one point. I'm now 29 and in good shape, and Partial is what 24 and fat? So what if Sharpe is chunky in his 40's? Jesus.

Dude, get bent. I was just making an observation. Sterling Sharpe is wicked cool and I got him to sign his rookie card with an awesome silver pen was I was just a little dude.

Somehow I have a feeling you'd make Partial look like a bodybuilder anyway...your forum persona is definitely covering up something... :?:

Bossman641
05-27-2009, 08:24 AM

waah

I prefer this one.

http://www.fantasyfootballnerd.com/images/favre_baby.jpg

ThunderDan
05-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Just know this. We won our 1 1990's SuperBowl just after Sharpe went down. Imagine him with that O and D in the mid to late 90's. We would have won more games and gone to more SuperBowls and prob. won more. Sharpe would have been the best player on the best team in the late 90's...prob. a few more SB wins. But then, again...what if? :cry: :shock: :shock: 8-)

It could also be said that we spread the ball around better after Sharpe left the team. Maybe he held us back being so one dimensional in the passing attack.

I can't say for sure because SF and Rice won SB after SB.

Patler
05-27-2009, 10:03 AM

Obviously Sharpe would not have made anyone forget Rice, but if Sharpe had been able to play with Favre for another 7-10 years, I have little doubt Sharpe would make the HOF. Sharpe and Michael Irvin came into the league the same year, and Sharpe's 7 year numbers far outpaced Irvin's over that same time frame. Sharpe's seven year numbers compared well to Rice's first seven years, although Rice had a distinct advantage in TDs.

As for Favre involving others more after Sharpe retired, it is true, but that may have happened anyway as Favre matured. Teaming Sharpe with any of the others who came after would have made for a tremendous receiving corp, and everyone's numbers, including Favre's may have benefited.

Fritz
05-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I remember reading an SI article years ago - it was about Favre's formative years. Holmgren pretty much built the passing offense early in Favre's career around simple routes to Sharpe. Sharpe was so strong he could run the slant and take the ball away from any defender better than anyone else, so he was the perfect target. Lots of curls and slants - safe stuff. Short stuff. I think I remember Holmgren saying that he felt like, in Favre's first season as a starter, Holmgren called almost 90% of pass plays for Sharpe. Plus, apparently, Sharpe was apparently very demanding - he wanted the ball passed to him, all the time.

So it's hard to say what would've happened. But the article also mentioned that Sharpe was Favre's safety blanket. And it makes me wonder if that experience shaped Favre's attitude toward receivers - he seems to like one guy that he trusts and will force the ball to.

Cheesehead Craig
05-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Great video!

SnakeLH2006
05-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Who the fuck cares? He's 43 or 44 now? He's chunky? What's your point? How the fuck does that matter about his prime when he had to retire 13 years ago? Go watch Pros vs. Joes or something. Damn. Everybody gets fat at one point. I'm now 29 and in good shape, and Partial is what 24 and fat? So what if Sharpe is chunky in his 40's? Jesus.

Dude, get bent. I was just making an observation. Sterling Sharpe is wicked cool and I got him to sign his rookie card with an awesome silver pen was I was just a little dude.

Somehow I have a feeling you'd make Partial look like a bodybuilder anyway...your forum persona is definitely covering up something... :?:

LOL. Hey sorry bro, Snake was just pretty wasted, but meant no ill will Falco. Sharpe is one my heroes. Don't get all out of shape about it, though, as nothing was personal. BTW, Snake is covering up nothing. I'm a cool dude, but wasted most the time when I get a chance to post on here. Trust me, I'd curl Partial's fat ass. I'm in good shape. LOL Peace man.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-30-2009, 12:19 AM

I saw Sterling before one of the preseason games last year. Cat is fat now. Who the fuck cares? He's 43 or 44 now? He's chunky? What's your point? How the fuck does that matter about his prime when he had to retire 13 years ago? Go watch Pros vs. Joes or something. Damn. Everybody gets fat at one point. I'm now 29 and in good shape, and Partial is what 24 and fat? So what if Sharpe is chunky in his 40's? Jesus.

Kinda but no...At 27-28 whenever he had to retire... Sharpe had 550 catches and was in the midst of his routine 100 catch prime with a prime MVP Brett.

Nobody would forget Rice, but Sharpe over 17-20 more years would have had prob. 1500 catches in an easier WR era than Rice's earlier era as it was just getting easier for WR's to catch balls. Sharpe would have went down as at least the 2nd best WR ever. Anyone who remembers him, remembers he just B.E.A.S.T.E.D. hardcore. Hard to say if he'd ever better Rice..prob. not, but he'd at least put up similar numbers given he was pretty young and so awesomely AWESOME when he had to retire at 28. Rice played till he was 42...and was great for many seasons, but some say Sharpe was better than Rice in the same years they put up numbers.

Dude was easily arguably one of the top 10 talents of the 90's (given a career cut short) but easily one of the top 5 playmakers in all the NFL at his peak at that time...

For those too young to remember...Snake hate's feeling old at 29 but how can you forget what a threat Sharpe was?...dude was our "any play could be a TD before Favre".....kinda "like a freight train baby"....Umm...in one word...YES:

Look, snakey, I watched Sharpe and I watched Rice.

The point isn't who was better, the point is that nobody would not have heard of rice.

Or, am i to assume that you have never heard of Don Hutson, Steve Largent, etc. :oops:

Or, because of Jordan are you unaware of bird, magic, dr. j, chuckster, etc?

And, to think SS woulda played 17-20 years is foolish and catching tons of balls...he caught the number he did because we had NOBODY else to throw to. You, being 29, means you watched his career barely able to know what is really going on...don't try telling me that you were some kinda football savant at age 7/8 when SS broke into the league. :lol:

More to the point, SS game was strength, an LB playing WR..and his speed woulda diminished and he woulda become fatter and slower.

I was older than you and saw the type of player he was...great. While you were still trying to figure out your multiplication tables in 88, i was 23 and had watched more years of football then you had lived.

And, you supposition about winning...who knows. Maybe Sharpe didn't like not being the man and having to share balls. Or, have you forgotten sharpe's personality...not exactly warm and bubbly.

Just as you can surmise we woulda won more, i can, and others have said..we mite not have made the SB with SS.

Have you forgotten his 10 day holdout over his desire to renogotiate his contract..the 10 years 15.5 million that he had signed in 91. :oops:

Have you forgotten when he missed practice and threatened to holdout the entire season in 93...the NIGHT BEFORE A GAME AGAINST THE VIKES? :oops:

Have you forgotten Favre blasting him...prolly, cause the sports pages weren't filled with pretty colors like the sunday cartoons. :lol:

Or, have you forgotten the 1000s of kids that sharpe wouldn't sign autographs for? :oops:

Or, have you forgotten the guy that the packers offered a fair amount of moola to sit out after he hurt his neck...BUT REFUSED. And, then whinned after he got cut. :oops:

I met SS..and he was 100% a jerk....but, that means nothing to me as long as he performs.

The reason we didn't go to more SBs and win more was hardly the result of losing him.

P.S. anyone that tells you sharpe was better is being a homer. Sharpe was great, but he never made the catches jerry did...but, that is subjective. IMHO, sharpe was never a playmaker, he was a player that made plays.

Both ran a west coast offense...rice had a higher ypc and tds. His career ypc is higher...during the same period they played it is higher, and only SS's tds in 94 is a better stat.

Or, have you forgotten all of SS's drops his rookie year and ONE FREAKING TD?

I don't care to argue who was better...it matters not to me, but to think that because one player is great means you would ask "jerry who" is ridiculous..and that is what i was commenting on.

SnakeLH2006
05-30-2009, 12:26 AM

Look, snakey, I watched Sharpe and I watched Rice.

The point isn't who was better, the point is that nobody would not have heard of rice.

Or, am i to assume that you have never heard of Don Hutson, Steve Largent, etc. :oops:

Or, because of Jordan are you unaware of bird, magic, dr. j, chuckster, etc?

And, to think SS woulda played 17-20 years is foolish and catching tons of balls...he caught the number he did because we had NOBODY else to throw to. You, being 29, means you watched his career barely able to know what is really going on...don't try telling me that you were some kinda football savant at age 7/8 when SS broke into the league. :lol:

More to the point, SS game was strength, an LB playing WR..and his speed woulda diminished and he woulda become fatter and slower.

I was older than you and saw the type of player he was...great. While you were still trying to figure out your multiplication tables in 88, i was 23 and had watched more years of football then you had lived.

And, you supposition about winning...who knows. Maybe Sharpe didn't like not being the man and having to share balls. Or, have you forgotten sharpe's personality...not exactly warm and bubbly.

Just as you can surmise we woulda won more, i can, and others have said..we mite not have made the SB with SS.

Have you forgotten his 10 day holdout over his desire to renogotiate his contract..the 10 years 15.5 million that he had signed in 91. :oops:

Have you forgotten when he missed practice and threatened to holdout the entire season in 93...the NIGHT BEFORE A GAME AGAINST THE VIKES? :oops:

Have you forgotten Favre blasting him...prolly, cause the sports pages weren't filled with pretty colors like the sunday cartoons. :lol:

Or, have you forgotten the 1000s of kids that sharpe wouldn't sign autographs for? :oops:

Or, have you forgotten the guy that the packers offered a fair amount of moola to sit out after he hurt his neck...BUT REFUSED. And, then whinned after he got cut. :oops:

I met SS..and he was 100% a jerk....but, that means nothing to me as long as he performs.

The reason we didn't go to more SBs and win more was hardly the result of losing him.

P.S. anyone that tells you sharpe was better is being a homer. Sharpe was great, but he never made the catches jerry did...but, that is subjective. IMHO, sharpe was never a playmaker, he was a player that made plays.

Both ran a west coast offense...rice had a higher ypc and tds. His career ypc is higher...during the same period they played it is higher, and only SS's tds in 94 is a better stat.

Or, have you forgotten all of SS's drops his rookie year and ONE FREAKING TD?

I don't care to argue who was better...it matters not to me, but to think that because one player is great means you would ask "jerry who" is ridiculous..and that is what i was commenting on.

Wow...that's lots of stuff Ty..I've always liked ya though.

I never said Sharpe would be better than Rice. Just saying he woulda put up a major stat career if healthy. You're good shit and was Sterling Sharpe as a player. Legends...both of ya. :D

Tyrone Bigguns
05-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Don't mess with Ty...i'll cut you. :wink:

SS mite have..or he might have gotten fat and lazy. Who knows.

But, for sure, his number of catches woulda declined with better talent around him.

Perhaps we woulda never made the SB with him....his demanding the ball (often a good attribute, and one that brett mentioned he needed from receivers after SS) might have stunted the growth of Free and Brooks.

Maybe Brett continues to lock on to one target. Brett never learns to trust his young receivers, etc.

Remember, the analysts were all down on the pack after SS was gone...yet we didnt' fold.

I loved Sharpe...fuck, he was about all there was to root for...cept for maybe the majik man...and i believe he deserves the HOF.

But, awesome player, awful person...at least from what i've seen and read. You were prolly to young to remember the outright amazement that the man who shunned the media, went out of his way to not be personable was suddenly on tv.

Bizarro world.

SnakeLH2006
05-30-2009, 12:31 AM

...as long as you were "cutting" some yayo with Snake...it's all good. That Rat game can't come quick enough, Ty. BTW....I wasn't the one to say Jerry Who? That shit is just ridiculous. Jerry is an NFL legend. By far the best WR EVER. No question.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-30-2009, 12:37 AM

...as long as you were "cutting" some yayo with Snake...it's all good. That Rat game can't come quick enough, Ty. BTW....I wasn't the one to say Jerry Who? That shit is just ridiculous. Jerry is a legend. :shock: :lol:

When i'm on crack, i dont' function that well.

Yayo: never heard of that...me being in arizona and close to the mexican border. :wink:

I won't be at the game, i'll just console myself with random scottsdale sluts.

www.thedirty.com

SnakeLH2006
05-30-2009, 12:42 AM
:shock: :lol: