PDA

View Full Version : Pat Williams Calls out T-Jack?

Tony Oday
05-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Pat Williams dished about more than the Starcaps situation on Sirius. Williams said he recently sent a text message to Brett Favre telling the quarterback that he would be welcome in Minnesota if he decides to come out of retirement. "I told him if he comes we will open our arms to you and if you don't we understand," Williams said. "He's a Hall of Famer and no one can take that from him. He's still one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play." Williams also offered an interesting take on Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, who is trying to stave off Sage Rosenfels and keep his starting job. "I talk to Tarvaris all the time (and) tell him you have to put in the time," Williams said. "This ain't college no more. This is the NFL. You have to put in more time than you are used to putting in. If you are putting in four hours, you have to put in eight. You have to put in more time than what he's doing. I think if he puts the right time in, he will be a great quarterback in the league."

It was a friendly way to do it but this is a, "get your ass in gear." type statement.

Thoughts?

BlueBrewer
05-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Sounds like good advice but not something a 3rd year player (especially qb) should have to be told.

Lurker64
05-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Impartially, he's right. When Jackson was drafted initially, he was widely considered a bit of a reach because he was very raw having played in 1-AA outside of a real pro-style offense, but he was drafted because he was a man with tremendous physical gifts that Childress thought he could mold into a star QB.

At times Jackson has looked like a guy who has all the tools, is putting it together, and could become a star. At times, Jackson has looked like a guy who doesn't know which way his helmet is supposed to face. His major problem is that he's just woefully inconsistent (and unpredictably so). The only way to fix that sort of thing is "repetition." You can be consistently good, or consistently bad, but at least be consistent so we know what we can and can't do with you.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Put in time.

I don't think Pat really understands who Brett is now.

Scott Campbell
05-26-2009, 04:25 PM
I guess T-Jack needs to take more dietary supplements.

Fritz
05-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Put in time.

Although if you look at it from the perspective of Andrew Brandt's recent blog on Favre, maybe he does understand at least one aspect of Favre. According to Brandt, Brett needs to be shown love, all the time. He wants to be wanted. When he's in the shower he sings along with Cheap Trick Live at Buddhakan (sp?).

So maybe Williams understands that Brett needs some coaxing - thus the texting.

Joemailman
05-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Put in time.

When he's in the shower he sings along with Cheap Trick Live at Buddhakan (sp?).

Source?

SnakeLH2006
05-27-2009, 02:48 AM
We all want to be loved no?? At least the best Vikes realize TJack is a mess. Can't win with that mess. Favre-O-Drama is just that, but the owner/GM/coach all know that is how you win. Dude just wins....as long as you love him. :lol: :oops: :shock:

Fritz
05-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Put in time.

When he's in the shower he sings along with Cheap Trick Live at Buddhakan (sp?).

Source?

Torrance Marshall's erstwhile girlfriend, who is tight with Deanna.