PDA

View Full Version : Wood

HarveyWallbangers
05-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Good to read.

http://www.napavalleyregister.com/articles/2009/05/25/sports/doc4a1a2c9102a29812443716.txt

“I’m very fortunate to have played for the teams that I’ve played for — from a young kid at Fremont Ross High to Michigan, Oakland and then now at Green Bay. I’ve been a part of some great storied traditions, some great franchises, some winning programs. It’s been a great ride. I’m looking forward to the next couple of years, just adding to it.”

“I’ve been very blessed — to be in a very good place in Green Bay. Trust me, this stadium will be filled. It’s always good, knowing that going out there on every Sunday, you’re going to have a packed house. One thing about playing in a franchise like that, you want to be able to make your own story. You want to make your own name and your own history.

“We’re striving, trying to get a championship back to Green Bay. I’m ready to stick around a little bit. I feel good, the body’s healthy.”

Fritz
05-27-2009, 11:01 AM
When I read that, I got wood.

pasquale
05-27-2009, 11:02 AM
When I read that, I got wood. :whist:

me too?

Chevelle2
05-27-2009, 11:03 AM
thanks so much for posting that! great read. another reason why Woodson is one of my favorite players in all of sports.

Patler
05-27-2009, 11:17 AM
It is amazing how different he is from the picture painted by the media his last few years in Oakland.

Patler
05-27-2009, 11:22 AM
By the way, reading the title of this thread, I immediately expected something about Willie Wood. Knowing his health issues, I thought the worst.

I guess I'm showing my own age! :cry:

Fritz
05-27-2009, 11:29 AM
By the way, reading the title of this thread, I immediately expected something about Willie Wood. Knowing his health issues, I thought the worst.

Given my first response, I guess I'm showing my immaturity! :oops:

RashanGary
05-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Listen to what this guy has to say about his success. . . .

“I’m proud, I’m humbled, I’m blessed — all at the same time,” said Woodson, who will be starting his 12th NFL season. “Nothing goes without hard work. I’ve put a lot of hours, a lot of time into that. I’ve taken a lot of great coaching over the years from some great people. I’ve been fortunate to stay relatively healthy for the most part. I’ve had great teammates. There’s a lot that goes into it.

Wow. Hard work, coaching, teammates, excited to be at work. . . .

Some Packers are easy to appreciate because of their TEAM focus. Anytime it's about one guy, I'd rather change the channel than have to sit through 3 hours of gag reflex.

oregonpackfan
05-27-2009, 11:46 AM
IMO, Vince Lombardi would love to have Woodson on his team. Not only does he have the talent of cornerbacks like Herb Adderly and Bob Jeter, he has the same strong character.

Guiness
05-27-2009, 02:41 PM
have to wonder what this guy's career would've been like if he hadn't spent the first 8 (9?) years in Oakland.

From what we've seen, and his attitude when happy, we'd be talking about him and the HOF.

Deputy Nutz
05-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Listen to what this guy has to say about his success. . . .

“I’m proud, I’m humbled, I’m blessed — all at the same time,” said Woodson, who will be starting his 12th NFL season. “Nothing goes without hard work. I’ve put a lot of hours, a lot of time into that. I’ve taken a lot of great coaching over the years from some great people. I’ve been fortunate to stay relatively healthy for the most part. I’ve had great teammates. There’s a lot that goes into it.

Wow. Hard work, coaching, teammates, excited to be at work. . . .

Some Packers are easy to appreciate because of their TEAM focus. Anytime it's about one guy, I'd rather change the channel than have to sit through 3 hours of gag reflex.

Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record.Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record.Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record.Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record.Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record.Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Broken record.

Spaulding
05-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Great story Harv, hard to think how much worse the Packers would have been if they Arrington had signed instead of Woodson.

In regards to Nutz post, how about instead we go with...

Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record. Put the needle on the record.

Okay, two cents to whoever knows this rip from a song:

GrnBay007
05-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Put the needle on the record.

Okay, two cents to whoever knows this rip from a song:

Pump Up The Volume :D

MJZiggy
05-27-2009, 07:03 PM

I thought the same thing and I'm not old thankyouverymuch!!!

Thanks Spaulding for getting that song stuck in my head.

And the drumbeats go like THIS!

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 08:26 PM
when I saw that title....of forget it...I shouldn't even say

Tyrone Bigguns
05-27-2009, 08:50 PM

I thought the same thing and I'm not old thankyouverymuch!!!

Thanks Spaulding for getting that song stuck in my head.

And the drumbeats go like THIS!

Brothers and Sisters!!!!

Dance! dance! Rythmatic, Systematic World Control!
Magnetic, Genetic, to match your soul!