PDA

View Full Version : Fran Tarkenton takes on Favre

]{ilr]3
05-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Fran says it best I think!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2895?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_ Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUsX

Fran Takes On Favre
Posted by Mike Florio on May 27, 2009, 4:47 p.m.
With the Vikings possibly on the brink of acquiring their first quarterback will Hall of Fame credentials since Fran Tarkenton, their last quarterback with Hall of Fame credentials (i.e., Fran Tarkenton) is sounding off.

“I think it’s despicable,” Tarkenton told 790 The Zone in Atlanta (via the Minneapolis Star Tribune) regarding the possibility of Brett Favre playing for the Vikings. “What he put the Packers through last year was not good. Here’s an organization that was loyal to him for 17, 18 years, provided stability of organization, provided players. It just wasn’t about Brett Favre. In this day and time, we have glorified the Brett Favre’s of the world so much, they think it’s about them. He goes to New York and bombs. He’s 39 years old. How would you like Ray Nitschke in his last year [playing for] the Vikings, or I retire, and go play for the Packers? I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail.”

(Fran, you really need to come out of your shell.)

“He told the Packers [after 2008 that], ‘I’m retiring,’” Tarkenton said. “They’ve got to move on. They’ve got to go through their offseason plan, their workouts, they go with the other quarterback [Aaron Rodgers], who is a good player, and then [Favre] comes back and says, ‘I think I want to play.’ . . . You build your team in the offseason. Everybody knows that. It’s about team. It’s not about Brett Favre. So he goes and runs up to the Jets, doesn’t even dress in the locker room with the players. Has a separate facility. Playing quarterback is about the relationships you have with your coaches, with your players, with your trainers, with your managers. How can you do that if you show up on gameday and you haven’t put the time in? And now he’s trying to do it again in Minnesota. And if Minnesota bites, God bless them. . . .

“He’s been a great player, there’s no question about it, but it’s all about him. It is supposed to be all about your team. If you’re going to be the quarterback of your team, you need to be there in the offseason workouts in March and April. Peyton Manning’s there. Tom Brady’s there.”

There’s more — and the starting quarterback of the other team for which Tarkenton played got hit with some shrapnel, too.

“I think [Favre] has been a great flamboyant quarterback, but he has made more stupid plays than any great quarterback that I’ve ever seen,” Tarkenton said. “Look at his final game in a Packers uniform [the 2007 NFC title game]. He blew that game against the Giants. He’s playing against Eli Manning. I love Eli Manning, but he’s still not a great quarterback. He’s not Peyton yet, or Tom Brady. He’s just a guy. And [the Packers] are playing at home, and they’re in a tight situation, they went to overtime and [Favre] throws the interception that allows [the Giants] to come back and win the game.”

We’ve got a ton of respect for Fran, but he’s got less authority on this matter than he’d have if he one of his fingers sported a Super Bowl ring. Or if he hadn’t forced his way out of Minnesota in the late ’60s because he couldn’t get along with coach Norm Van Brocklin.

So while the Tarkenton of 2009 speaks with a lifetime’s worth of wisdom, we’ve got a feeling that the Fran who played pro football was a lot more like Favre than today’s Fran would ever admit.

That said, we agree with Tarkenton. As we’ve previously said, Favre is the first elite athlete to tarnish his legacy not by anything he did on the field late in his career, but by lots of things he said and did away from the white lines at a time when he could still perform at a high level.

[Editor’s note: I clarified that last sentence — obviously, plenty of great players have tarnished their images based on things they did away from the field.]

His best move would be to remain retired in 2009. And 2010. And 2011. And beyond.

Cheesehead Craig
05-27-2009, 05:54 PM
That's Incredible!

]{ilr]3
05-27-2009, 05:56 PM
LOL, thats funny. I had forgotten he was on that show. Lived for it when I was a kid. Who was his co-host? Kathy Crosby or something like that?

sheepshead
05-27-2009, 06:17 PM
This is the best take on Favre I have seen in a while. Cheers to Tark. Brett would be wise to heed his advice.

RashanGary
05-27-2009, 06:21 PM
This is the best take on Favre I have seen in a while. Cheers to Tark. Brett would be wise to heed his advice.

Yep. Not very many people realize how little time he spent with the team in the last 5 years. Most teammates who care, would consider that an insult. It's nice to see Favre being revealed for the guy he is. It would have been wrong for a bad guy to finish his career with a good reputation that he didn't deserve. Favre finished with a bad reputation and that, sadly, is exactly what he's earned.

Packerarcher
05-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Tark is a moron,it's not Brett that shit on the Packers it's the other way around.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Tark is a moron,it's not Brett that shit on the Packers it's the other way around.

Really?

The packers forced him to retire?

The packers forced him not to show at OTAs, etc?

The packers forced him to not socialize with teammates?

The packers forced him to stay outta shape in the offseason?

The packers didn't offer him 20 million?

The packers forced him to waiver every year for the past 5-7 about if/when he was going to retire?

Gunakor
05-27-2009, 07:06 PM

Source?

RashanGary
05-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Really?

The packers forced him to waiver every year for the past 5-7 about if/when he was going to retire?

Sounds like someone is stretching for reasons to dislike Favre :lol:

BallHawk
05-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Who knew cpk was a Hall of Fame QB?

Rastak
05-27-2009, 08:13 PM
It is now truly Bizzaro world when the folks on a Pack forum take the side of Fran the Man against Brett Favre.

Stevogbfan
05-27-2009, 08:21 PM

Really?

i mostly agree with tb (waivering only 4 or 5 years) and what was that about favre not dressing with the team, he had a private room for that???

sheepshead
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM

Sure, if TT would have played ring around the rosey with Favre, Favre would be gone and so would Rodgers(maybe to the Vikes) The only guy that handled that whole thing professionally was TT. Not Brett and certainly not his half witted agent.

]{ilr]3
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
It is now truly Bizzaro world when the folks on a Pack forum take the side of Fran the Man against Brett Favre.

I have always had respect for Fran.

Brett had my support hands down until he shit on all Packer fans when all he wants to do is stick it to the Packers. I dont care if his problem is with TT, he is shitting on all Packer fans if he plays for the Vikings.

I think the majority of all Vikings and Bears fans have HAD respect for Favre until this point as well.

To me Bizzaro World is anyone who would support someone who shits on your team!

Rastak
05-27-2009, 08:23 PM

Sure, if TT would have played ring around the rosey with Favre, Favre would be gone and so would Rodgers(maybe to the Vikes) The only guy that handled that whole thing professionally was TT. Not Brett and certainly not his half witted agent.

How would Rodgers have gone to the Vikes?

Rastak
05-27-2009, 08:26 PM
{ilr]3]

Brett had my support hands down until he shit on all Packer fans when all he wants to do is stick it to the Packers. I dont care if his problem is with TT, he is shitting on all Packer fans if he plays for the Vikings.

I think the majority of all Vikings and Bears fans have HAD respect for Favre until this point as well.

Like Jerry Rice? Joe Montana? Johnny Unitas? Vince Lombardi?

They all moved on after their teams no longer thought highly enough to resign them. He didn't really shit on his team although I 100% fully agree that his indecision was a crock of shit and I don't blame TT and MM for naming Rodgers the starter. Surprised they didn;t think he could beat out Flynn for #2 though..... :wink:

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Just a couple points

1. I don't think Fran Tarkington knows the whole picture than anybody in here; and hate to bring it up again but IMO we don't know half of what happened. Only what was fed to us through the media and the politician GB hired to make them smell better.

2. I do agree regarding a lot of the OTA's. I am trying to recall when this all started; I think it was with Sherman. But whoever started the mojo if giving Favre off season time off with the OTA's started something bad.

This is somethink I actually agree with JH on.

Whether he threw or not, he should have been there during all of the OTA's to mesh with his teammates.

My view on all of that has kind of changed over the years.

3. Being a Viking "fan" as well, I doubt Tarkington has ever cared much for Brett Favre so he'll have his anti bias

4. Since Fran bombed out on multiple Super Bowls, I wonder how he'd feel if Favre came to Minnesota and won it all ?

5. Going back up to #2, I think toward the end of career, to his own fault, Favre and his teammates were more distant than in his younger years. I also think Favre loves and game of football and is addicted to it and addicted to the idea of winning.

He wants to come back and the opportunity to satisfy both of his addictions could certainly be met as a Minnesota Viking QB. Dude still wants to play.

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 08:29 PM

they all puckin CLOSET Viking Fans

All of them :!: :!: :!:

Fran LOVERS :lol:

]{ilr]3
05-27-2009, 08:31 PM
{ilr]3]

They all moved on after their teams no longer thought highly enough to resign them. He didn't really shit on his team although I 100% fully agree that his indecision was a crock of shit and I don't blame TT and MM for naming Rodgers the starter. Surprised they didn;t think he could beat out Flynn for #2 though..... :wink:

Niether Montana or Lombardi went on to play/coach for one of your biggest rival. Jerry Rice didnt play for anyone except the Sea Hawks I think and that was after playing for serveral other teams. I dont know about Unitas.

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 08:35 PM
{ilr]3]

{ilr]3]

Niether Montana or Lombardi went on to play/coach for one of your biggest rival. Jerry Rice didnt play for anyone except the Sea Hawks I think and that was after playing for serveral other teams. I dont know about Unitas.

completely disagree with your take

Favre owes the fans nothing and we owe him nothing

Rivalries are created by the fans and media; the Packers don't hate the Bears or Vikings players these days. They are another team. I don't care if Favre plays for the Vikings, Bears, or the CFL. If he wants to play..go play

Fans create these rivalries; it's not like these guys dislike each other like Mike Ditka and Forrest Gregg use to

Tyrone Bigguns
05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
{ilr]3]

Thanx for making the point, teams have to move on. Brett is taking this way too personal

I don't recall any of them being retired.

1. Montana was TRADED.
2. Rice left the Niners. He was free to go. The Niners sucked when he left, 4-12. He was old and wanted to win..so he went to the Raiders and they were really good.
3. Unitas was traded.
4. Lombardi wasnt' the coach of the packers when he left. He was the GM and had hired Bengston. Lombardi did the honorable thing by not firing his longtime assistant to get his job back.

]{ilr]3
05-27-2009, 08:44 PM

Rivalries are created by the fans and media; the Packers don't hate the Bears or Vikings players these days. They are another team. I don't care if Favre plays for the Vikings, Bears, or the CFL. If he wants to play..go play

Fans create these rivalries; it's not like these guys dislike each other like Mike Ditka and Forrest Gregg use to
Most definantly not just another team.

When you play division rivals twice a year and those are the games that get you to the play offs, those games are huge, and the players play like it.

There is no way they cannot take it a personal level.

Plus how many times did Favre bullshit everyone and state how he loves the Packers and fans and how he could never play for anyone else. By his own words he owes us as Packer fans. I have no direct quotes to work with here but I think everyone knows what I am talking about.

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 08:51 PM
{ilr]3]

When you play division rivals twice a year and those are the games that get you to the play offs, those games are huge, and the players play like it.

Plus how many times did Favre bullshit everyone and state how he loves the Packers and fans and how he could never play for anyone else. By his own words he owes us as Packer fans. I have no direct quotes to work with here but I think everyone knows what I am talking about.

In the NFL every team is another team. I just don't act like the typical fan on something like this. Fan is short for FANatic and they make the rivalries. These guys keep in touch during offseasons. The days of NFL players/teams hating each other is a rarity these days.

Favre once did love the Packers; and he did not often he could never imagine playing for anybody but GB; but it's idealistic to think he has to keep feeling the same things when new management comes in.

I've never bought for a half second we know half the story. So I try to keep my emotions out of it.

Freak Out
05-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Fuck that loser Tark.

]{ilr]3
05-27-2009, 09:02 PM
{ilr]3]

In the NFL every team is another team. I just don't act like the typical fan on something like this. Fan is short for FANatic and they make the rivalries. These guys keep in touch during offseasons. The days of NFL players/teams hating each other is a rarity these days.

Favre once did love the Packers; and he did not often he could never imagine playing for anybody but GB; but it's idealistic to think he has to keep feeling the same things when new management comes in.

I've never bought for a half second we know half the story. So I try to keep my emotions out of it.

I can respect that.

I however love the NFL because I gives me a great outlet to be emotional and its ok. (No I don’t cry :lol: )

Plus living where I live I have to put up with raging Vikings and Bears fans who have custom t-shirts made that say Fuck the Packers and Brett Favre Sucks shit and wear them to work. (Really I am not joking)

Quite frankly I am disappointed in a lot of Packer Fans. Most of the Vikings fans around here are appalled at the idea of Favre playing for them, and are shocked when I tell them that there is even ONE Packer fan who does not mind.

MJZiggy
05-27-2009, 09:05 PM
The day he puts on purple I send his store (which coincidentally is STILL trying to sell me Packer gear...) an e-mail letting them know where they can put his 'sale merchandise.'

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 09:10 PM
{ilr]3]

{ilr]3]

I can respect that.

I however love the NFL because I gives me a great outlet to be emotional and its ok. (No I don’t cry :lol: )

Plus living where I live I have to put up with raging Vikings and Bears fans who have custom t-shirts made that say Fuck the Packers and Brett Favre Sucks shit and wear them to work. (Really I am not joking)

Quite frankly I am disappointed in a lot of Packer Fans. Most of the Vikings fans around here are appalled at the idea of Favre playing for them, and are shocked when I tell them that there is even ONE Packer fan who does not mind.

I can respect your view as well; my guess is you are younger than I am. In my 20's I think I'd have been more pissed at the idea. Now I'm a geezer at 40.

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 09:11 PM
The day he puts on purple I send his store (which coincidentally is STILL trying to sell me Packer gear...) an e-mail letting them know where they can put his 'sale merchandise.'

Chicks look hot in purple Zig

Rastak
05-27-2009, 09:13 PM
{ilr]3]

Dude, where do you work where that's an acceptable thing to wear!

Yikes.

Scott Campbell
05-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Favre owes the fans nothing and we owe him nothing.

Yeah, well Favre is sure acting like he owes Ted something.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-27-2009, 09:28 PM
{ilr]3]

Yikes.

Are they hiring!!

Scott Campbell
05-27-2009, 09:28 PM

Tarkenton is a HOF'er. That makes 2 HOF'ers that have called BS on Brett's antics in the last few weeks. I don't remember HOF'er calling BS on Rice, Unitas or Lombardi. I think its because those guys weren't assholes.

Rastak
05-27-2009, 09:30 PM

How so? He was traded to NY by TT and played one year for them.

He's pretty much refused comment ever since he was released by NY.

Acting like what?

Perhaps you are anticipating something that will qualify.....

Rastak
05-27-2009, 09:31 PM
{ilr]3]

Yikes.

Are they hiring!!

I believe you are qualified to be hired in the feed store........ :wink:

(That's a joke just in case).

Scott Campbell
05-27-2009, 09:33 PM

How so? He was traded to NY by TT and played one year for them.

He's pretty much refused comment ever since he was released by NY.

Acting like what?

Blah, blah, blah. The Williams brothers don't cheat. Favre doesn't have a grudge towards Ted. And why don't we throw in the world is flat while were at it.

Yea

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 09:35 PM

That's where I'm a cold buzzer I guess

I don't really care if that's how he's acting.

I'm not sure to what degree I agree with the statement although I won't deny it probably has merit either.

MJZiggy
05-27-2009, 09:36 PM

Chicks yes, football players do not.

Jimx29
05-27-2009, 09:40 PM
“I think it’s despicable,” Tarkenton told 790 The Zone in Atlanta (via the Minneapolis Star Tribune) regarding the possibility of Brett Favre playing for the Vikings. “What he put the Packers through last year was not good. Here’s an organization that was loyal to him for 17, 18 years, provided stability of organization, provided players.

Is that right?? :roll:

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 09:40 PM

Chicks yes, football players do not.

Have you seen that Gridiron Gal in the hot football uni ? She'd look like a hot football player in purple :!:

MJZiggy
05-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Professional football players. As in NFL specifically.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-27-2009, 10:04 PM
“I think it’s despicable,” Tarkenton told 790 The Zone in Atlanta (via the Minneapolis Star Tribune) regarding the possibility of Brett Favre playing for the Vikings. “What he put the Packers through last year was not good. Here’s an organization that was loyal to him for 17, 18 years, provided stability of organization, provided players.

Is that right?? :roll:

Yeah, we didnt' draft anybody. We never acquired players...if only we coulda gotten a solid rb like seattle's ahman green.

It was downright amazing to watch brett play every position, every down!

Deputy Nutz
05-27-2009, 10:14 PM
As always, Fran Tarkenton can go suck a fat sausage covered in dribble.

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 10:19 PM

yup; but now a blabbering hero

Harlan Huckleby
05-27-2009, 10:35 PM
The tradition continues ....

http://www.billsretroworld.com/RetroFran-Tarkenton.jpg

http://64.17.171.58/images/kappcbow.jpg

http://www.nfl.com.mx/imagerepository/Warren%20Moon%20con%20Vikingos.JPG

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site569/2009/0505/20090505__090506FavreViking_300.jpg

Scott Campbell
05-27-2009, 11:09 PM

Fran might be a Viking, but at least he's not a traitor.

Bretsky
05-27-2009, 11:33 PM

I find all of this traitor talk funny; this is a game for entertainment. It's not like we're at war here battling for world peace.

Harlan Huckleby
05-27-2009, 11:53 PM
I find all of this traitor talk funny; this is a game for entertainment. It's not like we're at war here battling for world peace.

I agree. And whatever ups and downs go on between the players and teams truly has nothing to do with the fans. The players may very well genuinely care about their fans in a particular city, have feelings for their teammates, but this is seperate from disputes with management.

mission
05-28-2009, 02:14 AM

Point taken.

But if you want to play that card, you better tell Brett it's not such a big deal to "stick it to the Packers" then... it's not a big deal, man. It's all business and entertainment, nothing personal.

Right?

]{ilr]3
05-28-2009, 06:33 AM
{ilr]3]

Yikes.

I used to work at a funiture factory as a designer 8 years ago. I was pretty common on the factory floor for people to wear crap like that along with Big Johnson T-shirts. The company was owned by a South Carolina company, I guess when owned by Rome do as the Romans do.

Rastak
05-28-2009, 06:39 AM
http://kfavre.com/pages/kfavre.html

Not sure if anyone saw this.....pretty funny......

sheepshead
05-28-2009, 07:09 AM

He wouldnt be a Packer, I guarantee you that.

RashanGary
05-28-2009, 07:19 AM
I'm with Bretsky here. Some fans thought Favre really cared about them, at all. They are hurt now. I think it's good that, that group of fans realize there was never any connection. Favre was just a guy making money, making himself feel great in the process. He never did anything for anyone but himself.

As for me, I could care less what team he plays for. My issue with Favre is that he was a bad teammate and an arrogant person who put himself above the team year after year during the off seasons. I watch football in large part because I like watching a team come together. Favre took that away so I'm glad he's gone. I hope he goes to the Vikes and gets beat down because he deserves it, not because he's a traitor. Fran had loyalty to his fans and to his team. Favre didn't but I don't think that Fran's main issue with Favre. I agree with Frans take on Favre being a selfish bratt, but what's new there.

Cheesehead Craig
05-28-2009, 09:12 AM

The conventional thinking was that had Favre been given the starting job back, Rodgers would have not signed an extension and had been a FA. Teams would have been lining up to sign him and it's not a stretch to think the Vikings would have been near the front of the line to sign him. I believe that is what sheepshead was referring to.

BlueBrewer
05-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Really?

Sounds like someone is stretching for reasons to dislike Favre :lol:

No need to stretch these days, Wrangler boy is making it pretty easy for me and many others I'm sure to turn on him IMHO

KYPack
05-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Hey boys & girls, I'm back from the lake!

Talk of the Tarkenton statement about Favre jogged my memory of Tarkenton's trade to the Giants and subsequent return to the Vikings. My first impulse to Fran's words about Brett made me think, "look who's talking." The trade from Minn to NY was a blockbuster at the time. At the close of the '66 season, Fran was sent to the New York Giants in a trade that netted the Vikings two No. 1 and two No. 2 draft picks over a three-year period.

Both trades helped the Vikes like crazy. These were the players they netted from the first deal:
No 1 1967 Clint Jones RB Michigan State
No 2 1967 Bob Grim WR Oregon State
No 1 1968 Ron Yary OT USC
No 2 1969 Ed White OG California

Yary and White were OL pillars for many NFL seasons for the Queenies.

Five seasons later, Fran came back to Minnesota in another massive swap that cost the Vikings two veterans, a rookie and two high draft picks. In Fran's final seven years with the Vikings (1972-1978), he led Minnesota to six NFC Central Division titles and three Super Bowl appearances. Tarkenton won the NFL's MVP award after the 1975 season.

Tarky's move to New York was engineered by… Fran Tarkenton, largely due to Fran's hate of then Viking coach Norm Van Brocklin. FT's trip back to Minneapolis was also driven by Tark's clashes with Giant coach Allie Sherman and his successor, Alex Webster. So twice in Tark's career, he forced a trade to another team based on his problems with mgt/coaching staff. Little "pot calling the kettle black" at work there, IMHO.

I had to do some goggling to dig up the facts that confirmed my suspicions about Rambling Fran's outburst.

In looking this stuff up, I blundered into some stuff I had long forgotten. The Packers did not let Jim Taylor go to New Orleans in the expansion draft like I had misremembered. It was a trade.

5 1-5 Saints > Packers — Traded Jim Taylor to Saints for Phil Vandersea, 1968 first round pick (#5-Fred Carr) on 1967-07-06

A good deal for GB. Taylor was done and Carr was a good hand at LB for many seasons.

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm with Bretsky here. Some fans thought Favre really cared about them, at all. They are hurt now.

That isn't it for me.

He's pissing all over his legacy as a Packer. He dishonors the franchise, and all the guys like Gilbert Brown who would have literally given their right arm to play one more game for the green and gold.

hoosier
05-28-2009, 09:39 AM

The conventional thinking was that had Favre been given the starting job back, Rodgers would have not signed an extension and had been a FA. Teams would have been lining up to sign him and it's not a stretch to think the Vikings would have been near the front of the line to sign him. I believe that is what sheepshead was referring to.

Rodgers's original deal had him signed through 2009. Assuming Favre would have retired from the Packers at the end of last year just like he did from the Jets, that would have made Rodgers the heir apparent going into this year. It's hard to speculate about what his attitude MIGHT have been, but I see no reason to assume that Rodgers would hold a grudge against GB once he became the established starter.

Fritz
05-28-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm with Bretsky here. Some fans thought Favre really cared about them, at all. They are hurt now.

That isn't it for me.

He's pissing all over his legacy as a Packer. He dishonors the franchise, and all the guys like Gilbert Brown who would have literally given their right arm to play one more game for the green and gold.

Luckily, piss is the same color as the "gold" part of "green and gold" (well, it is if you don't drink a lot of water before you go) so Favre can hardly soil his legacy. In five years, it'll just look like part of the uniform.

All will be well.

cpk1994
05-28-2009, 12:21 PM

That isn't it for me.

Luckily, piss is the same color as the "gold" part of "green and gold" (well, it is if you don't drink a lot of water before you go) so Favre can hardly soil his legacy. In five years, it'll just look like part of the uniform.

All will be well.Sure, but what if he only pissed on the green? Those would be some nasty stains.

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2009, 02:22 PM

Point taken.

But if you want to play that card, you better tell Brett it's not such a big deal to "stick it to the Packers" then... it's not a big deal, man. It's all business and entertainment, nothing personal.

Right?

Well the Vikings are the logical choice right now for Brett Favre. They don't have a capable qb to lead a very talented team. Favre changes that dynamic the minute he walks into their camp.

you want to talk personal? how many times have any of us looked for a new job because we didn't like our boss? How many of us quit because we didn't like our boss, no matter how good or how well paid we were at the job? It does get personal in business, regardless of how that business is best discribed. The change in management did not go well for Favre, he didn't like Ted Thompson, was probably luke warm on Mike McCarthy. He most likely got spoiled under Sherman who was a fat slob himself, and he didn't like Thompson not treating him the same way that Sherman, and Wolf did.

I don't like to read people dragging Brett Favre's name through the mud around here and in the media. we are a very fickle bunch of people. The hate spewing out of some here pointed towards Favre is bullshit and it show what horrible memories you all have. Or you are all just plain fucking stupid and didn't realize that Favre's career was going to end very messy for him and the Packers. He was never going to retire on top, he was either going to go down with a sickening injury, or the Packers were going to have to eventually wash their hands of him because he was too old to be as productive as Aaron Rodgers. The only difference was that it probably happened one year too early and after a very good 13-3 season where Favre was the runner up in the MVP voting.

Again, I hope you all go and kill yourselves because I think you care way too much about this situation. Favre hasn't belonged to the Packers since last July. He is no longer a Packer, he can play for whoever the hell he wants, and you morons can go ahead and call him a traitor or whatever you want, but it just goes to show your stupidity.

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2009, 02:31 PM

That isn't it for me.

Gilbert Brown? That is the best name you could come up with? That Fat ass was a slightly above average defensive lineman who has now made his living talking about the Packers on local radio. If he cared so much about the Packers why did he eat his lard ass out of the game of football for two years, and play like a donkey turd the season and a half before the Packers cut him the first time? Because he loved Gilbert Burges more than he loved the Packers. Sure he got back into the game but he was never the same. He also committed battery against his wife or girlfriend while in Green Bay. I think he threw her over a couch. But that is neither here nor there.

Favre's legacy is for you, not him. I still don't understand why you don't get that.

People that spew, have some serious fucking issues because they think Favre some how owed the franchise? Seriously, have you guys ever listened to Ron Wolf speak about Favre? Favre gave his guts to this franchise when he played in Green Bay but all you want to do is run your mouth about the last 11 months.

You are a real fucking treat.

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm with Bretsky here. Some fans thought Favre really cared about them, at all. They are hurt now. I think it's good that, that group of fans realize there was never any connection. Favre was just a guy making money, making himself feel great in the process. He never did anything for anyone but himself.

As for me, I could care less what team he plays for. My issue with Favre is that he was a bad teammate and an arrogant person who put himself above the team year after year during the off seasons. I watch football in large part because I like watching a team come together. Favre took that away so I'm glad he's gone. I hope he goes to the Vikes and gets beat down because he deserves it, not because he's a traitor. Fran had loyalty to his fans and to his team. Favre didn't but I don't think that Fran's main issue with Favre. I agree with Frans take on Favre being a selfish bratt, but what's new there.

What you just described about Favre, how is that any different than any other superstar in sports? Are you this confused because you thought deep down Favre was different? That he was just a good ole' boy from Mississippi that didn't mind the press hounding him constantly in the lockerroom, or reporting on every burp or fart that came out of him? Or the fact that he changed in the Hutson Center because he didn't like walking from Lambeau Field to the practice field becaue it would take him 2 hours to get through all the people that adored him and wanted his autograph. The Packers have always been very accessable to the fans, but in a case like Favre it would seem to be a bit over the top. Everyone and I mean everyone wanted a piece of this guy.

I still listen to Tauscher talk about Favre, and he still claims that Favre was a great teammate. Sure he wouldn't show up at your Charity golf outing, but with Favre you knew why, because it would become about him, especially in Wisconsin.

Favre simply got to big, for a place like Wisconsin. He had to isolate himself more and more, because every word he spoke every action he would make would become front page news, and now with the internet and blogs, sites like PFT.com he couldn't even have normal conversations with his teammates.

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Favre's legacy is for you, not him. I still don't understand why you don't get that.

Your right - I don't get it. He treated his legacy like gold for the better part of 2 decades. Then he let some petty personal spat get the better of him, and he pissed all over himself on the way out of town.

I expected more. If you didn't, that's fine too.

cpk1994
05-28-2009, 03:49 PM

What you just described about Favre, how is that any different than any other superstar in sports? Are you this confused because you thought deep down Favre was different? That he was just a good ole' boy from Mississippi that didn't mind the press hounding him constantly in the lockerroom, or reporting on every burp or fart that came out of him? Or the fact that he changed in the Hutson Center because he didn't like walking from Lambeau Field to the practice field becaue it would take him 2 hours to get through all the people that adored him and wanted his autograph. The Packers have always been very accessable to the fans, but in a case like Favre it would seem to be a bit over the top. Everyone and I mean everyone wanted a piece of this guy.

I still listen to Tauscher talk about Favre, and he still claims that Favre was a great teammate. Sure he wouldn't show up at your Charity golf outing, but with Favre you knew why, because it would become about him, especially in Wisconsin.

Favre simply got to big, for a place like Wisconsin. He had to isolate himself more and more, because every word he spoke every action he would make would become front page news, and now with the internet and blogs, sites like PFT.com he couldn't even have normal conversations with his teammates. :roll:

SMACKTALKIE
05-28-2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.twincities.com/walters

A hall of fame quarterback demeaning a future hall of fame QB. You can view this as entertaining, or disgusting. But this, unfortunately, is what much of professional sports has become — selfishness.

Tarkenton, by the way, has a book coming out in a few months entitled, "Every Day is Game Day," an autobiography written with Jim Bruton. Don't think his latest rants aren't part of the promotion.

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 03:54 PM

A hall of fame quarterback demeaning a future hall of fame QB. You can view this as entertaining, or disgusting. But this, unfortunately, is what much of professional sports has become — selfishness.

Tarkenton, by the way, has a book coming out in a few months entitled, "Every Day is Game Day," an autobiography written with Jim Bruton. Don't think his latest rants aren't part of the promotion.

Pffft.

Didn't see him ranting about Mike Vick. I know this might seem painful, but perhaps Fran just meant exactly what he said.

Pugger
05-28-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't think fans who now call BF a traitor if he plays for MN are stupid. These fans probably really loved Favre and are now sickened by the thought of BF wearing purple. Nothing more, nothing less.

SMACKTALKIE
05-28-2009, 04:21 PM

Pffft.

Didn't see him ranting about Mike Vick. I know this might seem painful, but perhaps Fran just meant exactly what he said.

Vick is not a thread of ligiment away from signing with the Vikings.

RashanGary
05-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Nutz, I'm not upset about Favre at all. I don't respect him. I don't really like him, but upset with him about this? No.

As far as people thinking Favre was different, cared about the Packers, etc. . . I think a big portion of his loyal following thought that about him and loved him because of that loyal first quality.

Like I said, I didn't like him before this and he's done nothing to really change that one way or the other. I'm glad to see those who had twinkly eyes about him, pretty much give up on him. He's nothing special, just a selfish guy who got paid a lot of money to play a sport and was really good at it for a long time.

I got tired of Packer nation idolizing this loser. I'm glad to see they don't think he's a great guy any more. Whether you had that feeling or not, I think a lot of people loved Brett Favre because they thought he stood for something good and genuine. I think that "legacy" has burned. The legacy was fake to begin with so I'm happy to see the way it panned out.

As far as him playing great football. Who cares. I'd rather support a hard worker and a good person taht I believe in. Talent means almost nothing to me. Favre was an ass hole who had talent. Good riddance. I want to like the team I support.

pasquale
05-28-2009, 04:34 PM

Pffft.

or one uncredited source in the bumfucknowhere newspaper/internet article?

Zool
05-28-2009, 04:34 PM

Pffft.

or one uncredited source in the bumfucknowhere newspaper/internet article?

I have relatives who live there.

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Nutz, I'm not upset about Favre at all. I don't respect him. I don't really like him, but upset with him about this? No.

As far as people thinking Favre was different, cared about the Packers, etc. . . I think a big portion of his loyal following thought that about him and loved him because of that loyal first quality.

Like I said, I didn't like him before this and he's done nothing to really change that one way or the other. I'm glad to see those who had twinkly eyes about him, pretty much give up on him. He's nothing special, just a selfish guy who got paid a lot of money to play a sport and was really good at it for a long time.

I got tired of Packer nation idolizing this loser. I'm glad to see they don't think he's a great guy any more. Whether you had that feeling or not, I think a lot of people loved Brett Favre because they thought he stood for something good and genuine. I think that "legacy" has burned. The legacy was fake to begin with so I'm happy to see the way it panned out.

As far as him playing great football. Who cares. I'd rather support a hard worker and a good person taht I believe in. Talent means almost nothing to me. Favre was an ass hole who had talent. Good riddance. I want to like the team I support.

You are off your fucking rocker, but carry on.

GrnBay007
05-28-2009, 11:28 PM

You are off your fucking rocker, but carry on.

:tup:

Da Nutz!!

MOBB DEEP
05-29-2009, 02:01 AM
poor fran; i feel sorry and pray for ppl who wish ill for others...his statements wreak of envy whcih is a tool of satans used to rob God of his glory in our lives

live and let live, its a frickn game and MERE ENTERTAINMENT ppl

WWJD