PDA

View Full Version : Players who Skip OTAs are selfish, me me me type players

Partial
05-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Since this seems to be the stance everyone takes on Brett Favre taking practices off the coaches gave him, I figured I'd give you a little update on the vets skipping OTAs without the coaches permission.

Three veterans were not in attendance for either personal or "business" reasons: WR Donald Driver, CB Charles Woodson, S Nick Collins.

*sigh*

Joemailman
05-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Yawn.

cpk1994
05-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Seriously, you really need to let this go.

RashanGary
05-28-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm pissed at Collins and disappointed in Driver and Woodson.

I expect most out of the QB though. If Rodgers wasn't here, it would be unforgivable (extreme emergency aside).

pbmax
05-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Woodson works out with other athletes in Texas or California. Driver has always been in tip top shape. We know less about Collins' condition but he is quite young compared to the other two.

None of them have a recent history of fading as the season grows long. We have no record of any of them hiring personal trainers in one out of three offseasons.

Ron Wolf used to say older vets needed to drop weight to keep their speed up as they got older. It could very well be possible that 39 year old QBs need to work more than the kids.

Joemailman
05-28-2009, 08:44 PM

I expect most out of the QB though. If Rodgers wasn't here, it would be unforgivable (extreme emergency aside).

What are you pissed at Collins about? His dad just died of cancer.

pbmax
05-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Collins' agent said he would be skipping workouts regardless of family matters. Its no reason to be pissed, but the terrible tragedy aside, Collins is absent because, according to his agent, he is unhappy with his contract.

Rastak
05-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Collins' agent said he would be skipping workouts regardless of family matters. Its no reason to be pissed, but the terrible tragedy aside, Collins is absent because his agent says he is unhappy with his contract.

That is what he said. Really sad about his dad though.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-28-2009, 08:49 PM

If you let players miss OTAs because of cancer and their parents death the next thing you are going to have is outta shape older QBs that don't wanna do filmwork, hang with teammates, practice, etc.

Joemailman
05-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Collins' agent said he would be skipping workouts regardless of family matters. Its no reason to be pissed, but the terrible tragedy aside, Collins is absent because, according to his agent, he is unhappy with his contract.

I would still argue that so far, the issue has been his dad. Now, if he's still not there a week from now, it's about the contract. We'll see what happens.

rbaloha1
05-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Big deal.

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2009, 09:09 PM

If you let players miss OTAs because of cancer and their parents death the next thing you are going to have is outta shape older QBs that don't wanna do filmwork, hang with teammates, practice, etc.

Spot on.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-28-2009, 10:45 PM

Spot on.

Well alright alright alright

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Since this seems to be the stance everyone takes on Brett Favre taking practices off the coaches gave him, I figured I'd give you a little update on the vets skipping OTAs without the coaches permission.

Three veterans were not in attendance for either personal or "business" reasons: WR Donald Driver, CB Charles Woodson, S Nick Collins.

*sigh*

Compelling argument. I guess I hate Ted now, and LUV Brett Favre. Can't wait to get my purple #4 jersey.

Bretsky
05-28-2009, 11:01 PM

*sigh*

Compelling argument. I guess I hate Ted now, and LUV Brett Favre. Can't wait to get my purple #4 jersey.

When you do buy a small one

Bring it to the next PR game and we'll put it on Ziggy and tie her all purple ass up downtown to be mocked as a Viking/Favre lover :lol:

Fritz
05-29-2009, 09:39 AM

*sigh*

When you do buy a small one

Bring it to the next PR game and we'll put it on Ziggy and tie her all purple ass up downtown to be mocked as a Viking/Favre lover :lol:

This doesn't sound like mocking, Bretsky. This sounds like some hot and kinky sex thing.