PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 - Improvements

RashanGary
05-28-2009, 08:33 PM
I'll start. It's the top 10 improvements, in reverse order, from a year ago.

10. Ryan Grant/Brandon Jackson - Grant was slowed most of the season with his hamstring injury. He should run harder and break more runs being healthy. Brandon Jackson is 23 years old heading into his third season. Physically and mentally he should take yet another step. The Packers may not have one star, but if they can have two good players sharing the load, it will go a long way toward becoming a more balanced offensive football team.

9. Tramon Williams - Already a good player, Tramon Williams is poised to take off and become a starter. Capers owes nothing to anybody. Look for Woodson and Williams to be the starting corners by the end of the season.

8. James Jones - I'm a huge Jones fan. The guy is strong, good after the catch, has great hands, is tough. . . There are only so many balls, but one injury will happen in front of him and he will take advantage of his playing time

7. Jordy Nelson - Our best run blocking receiver, our biggest receiver and if his college and short NFL career have anything to say, he might be our surest handed receiver. With his complete set of skills, it's going to be hard to keep him off the field.

6. Justin Harrell - From bust to quality starting DE. Getting good play from Harrell and the addition of Raji would go a long way toward bolstering our run game and through rest and rotation, improving the pass rush.

5. Josh Sitton - Did nothing a year ago. Will go from not contributing at all, to being a key member of a much improved running game.

4. Cullen Jenkins - From doing nothing on the sideline to stopping the run and creating pressure from the starting DE position and some sub package DT. Having Jenkins healthy is as good as adding a quality free agent but without the monster contract.

3. BJ Raji - I expect Raji's impact will be as a pass rusher early in his career. He will help in the rotation, keeping everyone fresh and stopping the run. His big plays will come in the nickle package where his impressive first step, balance and strength will make him tough to block with one lineman.

2. Dom Capers - I'm a big believer in players making most of the difference. However, Capers comes with a wealth of knowledge, a track record that proves success and experience with the hoodie. We will go from one of the most predictable defenses in the NFL to a defense that is hard to plan against. Also, the Packers are thin on the DL. What better way to improve the DL than to take one out of every play. Just moving to the 3-4 means we need less lineman.

1. Aaron Rodgers - I know he had a borderline probowl year last year, but he can improve. I'm sure there were little things that overwealmed him that we didn't notice. I'm sure there are little things he could have done to a little better in every aspect of the game. The 2nd year starting should be huge for Rodgers. Look for a probowl year out of the most important position on the team. Look for me to go buy my first Packer jersey since Reggie White.

Joemailman
05-28-2009, 08:42 PM
I would add A.J. Hawk. I think he's an instinctive player who was shackled by the Sanders defense. Plus, he was not healthy last year.

Atari Bigby will be a better fit in this defense as well. He has a chance to be the type of intimidating safety the Packers haven't had.

pbmax
05-28-2009, 08:52 PM
I think the whole O Line has been playing better that people think for the last two years. The pass rush clock in Rodgers head will be better attuned this year.

I think the whole interior of the line takes a step forward this year. I am rooting for Spitz/Sitton, but would be happy with Wells/SittonOrSpitz. We just need the guy at Left Tackle to make it one more year.

RashanGary
05-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Clay Matthews
Jermichael Finley
AJ Hawk
Colledge/Spitz
Quinn Johnson/Korey Hall
One of the young corners
Bigby, Rouse, Smith
Brohm/Flynn
Any number of the new ST's players and some of the carryovers
The punter can't be worse
Crosby could get more consistent

RashanGary
05-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Listen up, mother F'ers. You have the right guy. I'm 225 lbs of kick Viking ass all over the putridome. Now go buy a #12 and forget about old whats-his-name. In the mean time, I'll go about my business of bringing the Lombardi Trophy back to Green Bay.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/e_mailbob/bilde-1.jpg

RashanGary
05-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Deshawn Wynn, in his rookie year, had some decent spurts of running. He looked soft and pudgy, but ran pretty well.

In his second year, he looked a little leaner, but definitely wasn't ripped. He didn't get many chances but finally ran for 100 yards against Detroit when Grant went down.

Now, the guy looks ripped. Who knows, maybe he's soft and can't handle the punishment, but if looks mean anything, he stands out as a guy that looks to be in great shape compared to past photos.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/e_mailbob/bilde-2.jpg

Bretsky
05-28-2009, 10:06 PM
why don't we just say anybody under 27; bunch of homers :lol:

#1 would be going from Vanilla Bob to the Dominator

bobblehead
05-28-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm thinkin wynn didn't enjoy his stint on the practice squad last year thinking about being 6 months from asking "paper or plastic"

Partial
05-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Absolutely #1 is DCaps. Vanilla man is finally gone!

Scott Campbell
05-29-2009, 12:50 AM
6. Justin Harrell - From bust to quality starting DE. Getting good play from Harrell and the addition of Raji would go a long way toward bolstering our run game and through rest and rotation, improving the pass rush.

This would be an absolutely huge development.

Partial
05-29-2009, 12:57 AM
This team is easily a playoff team is Harrell becomes more than a solid starter and plays to his potential right away.

Scott Campbell
05-29-2009, 12:59 AM
This team is easily a playoff team is Harrell becomes more than a solid starter and plays to his potential right away.

Unless Rodgers gets hurt. Or we can't find anyone to play either tackle position. There's probably more than a handful of critical success factors.

Pacopete4
05-29-2009, 02:07 AM
Listen up, mother F'ers. You have the right guy. I'm 225 lbs of kick Viking ass all over the putridome. Now go buy a #12 and forget about old whats-his-name. In the mean time, I'll go about my business of bringing the Lombardi Trophy back to Green Bay.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/e_mailbob/bilde-1.jpg

You mean like Brett did?...... what was it? 30 years and then he gave u one? ungrateful bastard :roll:

Fritz
05-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Deshawn Wynn, in his rookie year, had some decent spurts of running. He looked soft and pudgy, but ran pretty well.

In his second year, he looked a little leaner, but definitely wasn't ripped. He didn't get many chances but finally ran for 100 yards against Detroit when Grant went down.

Now, the guy looks ripped. Who knows, maybe he's soft and can't handle the punishment, but if looks mean anything, he stands out as a guy that looks to be in great shape compared to past photos.

Good try. But as the former president of the DShawn Wynn fan club ("Everyone's a Wynner, Baby!") I must point out that in the picture, Wynn appears to be grabbing his hamstring . . .

pbmax
05-29-2009, 09:44 AM

Good try. But as the former president of the DShawn Wynn fan club ("Everyone's a Wynner, Baby!") I must point out that in the picture, Wynn appears to be grabbing his hamstring . . .
That's a football Fritz, not a hamstring.