PDA

View Full Version : Donald Driver unhappy. Wants a new deal.

Brando19
05-28-2009, 10:25 PM
From http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/28/donald-driver-wants-a-new-deal/

Packers receiver Donald Driver is signed for two more seasons. But, like many other players who have realized that the market has bypassed base salaries that looked good when the contract was signed, Drivers wants a new deal.

According to Jason Wilde of the Wisconsin State Journal, Driver has been skipping the team’s Organized Team Activities as a direct result of dissatisfaction with his contract.

Per Wilde, Driver has asked the team to re-do his deal in each of the past four years.

Driver is 34, and he’s due to earn a base salary of $3.9 million in 2009 and $4 million in 2010.

Look, maybe Driver deserves more money. But he needs to get in line behind Greg Jennings, who’s far more deserving of a new contract.

Indeed, for early dollar that Jenning is paid this year, Driver will get more than $7.28.

Looks like TT's gonna have to cough up alot of money to keep alot of guys happy. He can't let Jennings get away...but Donald Driver needs to remain a Packer for life.

PlantPage55
05-28-2009, 10:26 PM
...but Donald Driver needs to remain a Packer for life.

Does he though? At what cost? Let's not let emotion get in the way of business. In my mind, he's got one good year left in him, before guys like Jordy and James Jones pass him up on the depth chart.

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 10:29 PM

That ain't how Ted rolls.

pbmax
05-28-2009, 10:33 PM

He has added money to Driver's deal twice in the last three years (redo in 06 and a bump in 07). He has bumped up Al Harris as well.

He isn't as hardcore about the no redo's until the final year of the contract as he was during the time of Walker, but Donald might be pushing the limit.

Brando19
05-28-2009, 10:34 PM

No doubt. I would love to see him remain a Packer for life...but emotions aside...Jennings deserves a deal before Driver.

Bretsky
05-28-2009, 10:40 PM
disappointing if he's skipping OTA's due to the deal.

He's a bit underpaid but IMO he's also entering years where he may decline

And with TTT stocking up on the WR's we have talent there

Can we trade him for the future HOF'er CRABTREE :lol: :lol:

Patler
05-28-2009, 10:41 PM
He can't let Jennings get away...but Donald Driver needs to remain a Packer for life.

No, he doesn't need to remain a Packer for life.
As a younger man, I thought the same thing about many of the Packer greats, but then:

Jim Ringo was traded to the Eagles;
Paul Hornung was available in the expansion draft, was selected, but didn't play;
Jim Taylor went to the Saints;
Boyd Dowler became a Redskin.
Forrest Gregg was a Cowboy;
Herb Adderley, too
and lately Marco Rivera.
More recently a QB that I never thought would play anywhere else did, and may yet again.

All were Packers through and through, just like Driver. All left.
I wouldn't want it to happen, but Driver could play elsewhere too, and the Packers will survive.

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 10:41 PM

He has added money to Driver's deal twice in the last three years (redo in 06 and a bump in 07). He has bumped up Al Harris as well.

He isn't as hardcore about the no redo's until the final year of the contract as he was during the time of Walker, but Donald might be pushing the limit.

What I meant is that Ted doesn't treat contracts like they're lifetime achievement awards. Donald will get what he's worth - but that's it. And when Donald's time comes, he'll be shown the door like those who have gone before him - Will Henderson, Ahman Green, and Brett Favre. Ted's not running an old age home.

Bretsky
05-28-2009, 10:42 PM
rumor has it the Queens need help at WR ?

Could be one of the most prolific QB to WR combos playing for da purple :twisted:

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 10:45 PM

Could be one of the most prolific QB to WR combos playing for da purple :twisted:

Bretsky the masochist.

pbmax
05-28-2009, 10:46 PM
What I meant is that Ted doesn't treat contracts like they're lifetime achievement awards. Donald will get what he's worth - but that's it. And when Donald's time comes, he'll be shown the door like those who have gone before him - Will Henderson, Ahman Green, and Brett Favre. Ted's not running an old age home.
Point well taken, but William Hendersen signed a couple one year deals at the end of his run, basically waiting until the Packers hadn't adequately replaced him. Donald won't get a true extension at his age, but he might get a bump on the current deal. Ted also did not refuse to resign Ahman, but it was going to be his price, agreed.

pbmax
05-28-2009, 10:47 PM

If you start a Driver thread about playing for the Vikings, I am going to take your avatar hostage. :lol:

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Donald won't get a true extension at his age, but he might get a bump on the current deal.

I'd be ok with that.

bobblehead
05-28-2009, 10:48 PM

I second this thought. come on DD, TT has treated you pretty good when you had already signed a deal and he could have played hardball. At a time when Jenning has taken the lead reciever role from you and JJ and Jordy are stepping up you may want to reconsider how much leverage you have.

HarveyWallbangers
05-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Looks like Bedard and company are in the business of stirring the pot. I guess it's good for ratings.

The Packers have reworked Driver's contract twice. He's 34-years-old now and he makes good money.

BTW, Driver and his agent both said his contract is not an issue. Since when does an agent not at least make a case for his client to make money, if he were so disgruntled.

I'd be disappointed if Driver was disgruntled, but this could all be a fabrication. The sources in the Favre stories have been off so much that it's hard to believe anything nowadays.

Bretsky
05-28-2009, 10:58 PM

If you start a Driver thread about playing for the Vikings, I am going to take your avatar hostage. :lol:

Those Bikini's are all mine :!:

I'm not an instigator; rarely start a Favre thread

I just add a wealth of knowledge and try to offer an alternative viewpoint that differs from the extreme homers or the TTT can do no wrong apologists

HarveyWallbangers
05-28-2009, 11:06 PM
I just add a wealth of knowledge

You lost me here.
:D

Bretsky
05-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Driver, after having his contract reworked in '06 and '07, is due to make $6.1 million this season and $7 million in 2010, the final year of his contract, between base salary and bonuses.

Lurker64
05-28-2009, 11:08 PM
According to The JSO (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/46411362.html) Driver's Agent is on record as saying "The Contract is not an issue." Is this agent-doubletalk or is the media trying to make something out of nothing?

Scott Campbell
05-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Driver, after having his contract reworked in '06 and '07, is due to make $6.1 million this season and $7 million in 2010, the final year of his contract, between base salary and bonuses.

So PFT's story must have left the bonus money out of their story. That's not bad money for Driver.

Bretsky
05-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Hasn't DD always attended the OTA's in the past ??

Woodson often missed some time but he's a gamer

GrnBay007
05-28-2009, 11:16 PM

LOL

Wow.....then peeps would have to dig deep to find hate on Driver....just like Favre.....they'd be workin overtime!! :P

HarveyWallbangers
05-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Yawn!

Bretsky
05-28-2009, 11:18 PM

LOL

Wow.....then peeps would have to dig deep to find hate on Driver....just like Favre.....they'd be workin overtime!! :P

RIGHT when the Jets drafted Sanchez I called Favre to Minnesnota

If Driver ends up there...well.........you heard it here first :lol:

Bretsky
05-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Yawn!

HW needs a visit from da Bikini Girls

GrnBay007
05-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Yawn!

Yawn x2 w/ the hate. :D

...not you, but you know what I mean.

Partial
05-28-2009, 11:29 PM
He's trouble and must be cut. Good Packer? Who cares. Throw him away since he has a beef with the Packers. I hope you realize how ridiculous the above sounds, and how many of you sound when you post here.

Patler
05-28-2009, 11:33 PM
He's trouble and must be cut. Good Packer? Who cares. Throw him away since he has a beef with the Packers. I hope you realize how ridiculous the above sounds, and how many of you sound when you post here.

Good lord, look in a mirror, listen to yourself, or read your own posts.

GrnBay007
05-28-2009, 11:49 PM

Exhibit A ------ Non-"team" players!!

https://www.rabmarketing.com/auction/images/favre-driver.jpg

Scott Campbell
05-29-2009, 12:47 AM
I hope you realize how ridiculous the above sounds, and how many of you sound when you post here.

I saw this, and thought of you P. Enjoy.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/photohosting1234/Fail/fail-1.gif

Pacopete4
05-29-2009, 02:10 AM

this is a great post.. i love it!

MOBB DEEP
05-29-2009, 02:18 AM

this is a great post.. i love it!

AWESOME picture

Rastak
05-29-2009, 06:02 AM
Looks like Bedard and company are in the business of stirring the pot. I guess it's good for ratings.

The Packers have reworked Driver's contract twice. He's 34-years-old now and he makes good money.

BTW, Driver and his agent both said his contract is not an issue. Since when does an agent not at least make a case for his client to make money, if he were so disgruntled.

I'd be disappointed if Driver was disgruntled, but this could all be a fabrication. The sources in the Favre stories have been off so much that it's hard to believe anything nowadays.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/035ostrich_468x538.jpg

:wink:

RashanGary
05-29-2009, 06:22 AM
I don't think anyone will take the issue with Driver they have with Favre. I don't think Driver will stoop to the lows Favre has.

Non issue right now.

MJZiggy
05-29-2009, 06:34 AM

Good lord, look in a mirror, listen to yourself, or read your own posts.

When Patler calls you out, you know you've stepped in it! ('specially when he's SOOO right.)

Stevogbfan
05-29-2009, 06:40 AM
According to The JSO (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/46411362.html) Driver's Agent is on record as saying "The Contract is not an issue." Is this agent-doubletalk or is the media trying to make something out of nothing?

i'd go with the media trying to make something out of nothing durring a slow time of the year... media sucks

Fritz
05-29-2009, 07:27 AM
I wondered about the discrepancies between the two articles - one said around 3 mill, the other said 6 mill. That's quite a difference.

I'm disappointed. If it's not about money, then what is it about? If he just wants to work out on his own, then have his agent say so. And who are these "sources" if this stuff is not coming from the agent?

I'm disappointed. I'm hoping this is nothing.

RashanGary
05-29-2009, 07:32 AM

Exhibit A

One phony
One guy going with the flow

HarveyWallbangers
05-29-2009, 07:33 AM
When did Greg Jennings become a non-"team" player? The image filename says Driver, but isn't that a photo of Favre picking up Jennings after Jennings caught the record TD at Metrodome?

RashanGary
05-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Look at that camera behind Favre. In front of the lime light, says it all. When the cameras are off, he's in his own changing room, away from the team and doesn't show up to offseason work.

Is the real Favre the Favre with the camera on or camera off? I think we know the answer.

Patler
05-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Hasn't DD always attended the OTA's in the past ??

I think he missed a good portion of 2007, but I don't recall if it was all or just some.

Fritz
05-29-2009, 07:40 AM
If there was a thread in the romper room about middle east peace, would it get turned into a Favre thread somehow?

Patler
05-29-2009, 07:42 AM
If there was a thread in the romper room about middle east peace, would it get turned into a Favre thread somehow?

It really does get tiresome, doesn't it?

Fritz
05-29-2009, 07:45 AM

Yes. So let's try to get this back on track: Anybody have a plausible theory as to why Driver is staying away? If it's about money, why is his agent - the person authorized to talk about money and represent Driver - saying it's not? And who are these "sources" that say it is about money?

Joemailman
05-29-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm guessing it's about money, but Driver and his agent don't want to turn it into a public spat, as in Javon Walker. Just want to send TT a message that they're serious about wanting something done.

Joemailman
05-29-2009, 08:01 AM

Come to think of it isn't that Netanyahu guy back as P.M.? Wasn't he the P.M. once, then was run out of town, and now he's back? But I digress.

HarveyWallbangers
05-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Driver staying away because he wants more money makes little sense. He's 34 and makes good money now. The Packers have reworked his deal twice in the last 3 years. Why would Driver get contentious about it?

Patler
05-29-2009, 08:14 AM
I would bet it is not about the money he is getting now, or next year as much as it is about the length of the contract. Driver has said at times that he would like to play five more years; and he probably wants some indication that the Packers would like him to do so too. Under TT they have brought in a lot of young talent at his position, and he probably wants to see their intentions.

I am even more convinced that that is Collins' issue too, if you believe his agent that Collins wouldn't be there even without the death of his father. I don't think he is upset with the money this year, he just wants security for the future.

I know contracts are not guaranteed and all that, but with what has happened to Tauscher, players realize that even a good player can get left out with an untimely injury as their contract expire. If Tauscher had years left on the contract, he would be rehabbing with the Packers and might likely be a candidate for the PUP list at the start of the season. It's a better situation than being without a team and trying to rehab while convincing another team to sign you at some point.

Sure, in the end it is about money, but based on longevity more than the pay in one single season.

Fritz
05-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Good point, Patler, but this brings up an interesting dilemma. If you're the Packers, and you have a core of young, up-and-coming receivers, do you extend Driver?

I might try to play the middle - maybe add a year so he could play into 2011. It may not badd up to the five years Driver wants, but it's an extra year onto the two more he has. I don't think you can do much more than that - do you want a 36 year old receiver with another two or three years on a contract? Probably not.

Patler
05-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Good point, Patler, but this brings up an interesting dilemma. If you're the Packers, and you have a core of young, up-and-coming receivers, do you extend Driver?

I might try to play the middle - maybe add a year so he could play into 2011. It may not badd up to the five years Driver wants, but it's an extra year onto the two more he has. I don't think you can do much more than that - do you want a 36 year old receiver with another two or three years on a contract? Probably not.

I wouldn't care how long the extension is if there is not a lot of signing money tied to it. If he wants three years, I would give him three years if there isn't a big signing bonus involved. The only real downside for the team is a public relations hit if they find it necessary to release him after a couple years. But the fans usually get over it relatively quickly.

Fritz
05-29-2009, 08:29 AM
What would be the salary cap implications of an extension? If none of it or little of it was guaranteed, it would provide no security to Driver, then - so what would be the point for him? If there was guaranteed money, then would you be heading to sal cap trouble?

Patler
05-29-2009, 08:35 AM
What would be the salary cap implications of an extension? If none of it or little of it was guaranteed, it would provide no security to Driver, then - so what would be the point for him? If there was guaranteed money, then would you be heading to sal cap trouble?

I'm sure there would be some signing bonus, but if its just a few million dollars it won't have any huge cap implication. Just a few million means a lot more to a player like Driver who hasn't had a huge contract, than it does to the Packers. It also gives him that little bit of security that if he continues to play well, he at least has a contract. Beyond that there is no security for an NFL player.

sheepshead
05-29-2009, 08:36 AM

:)

sheepshead
05-29-2009, 08:37 AM

That's really the question here. Where did I hear he was trade bait in the off-season?

Fritz
05-29-2009, 08:43 AM

I'm sure there would be some signing bonus, but if its just a few million dollars it won't have any huge cap implication. Just a few million means a lot more to a player like Driver who hasn't had a huge contract, than it does to the Packers. It also gives him that little bit of security that if he continues to play well, he at least has a contract. Beyond that there is no security for an NFL player.

Funny how a few million dollars - which would be a life-altering piece of income for me and most people here - would be, for Driver, just a little bit of feel-good security money.

But I'd be okay if the Pack did it. Driver has proven he'll work hard when he's well paid.

Bossman641
05-29-2009, 08:51 AM
But I'd be okay if the Pack did it. Driver has proven he'll work hard when he's well paid.

Does anyone know where Driver's current pay fits in the scale relative to other WR's? I would have to think his position is fairly close to where most would rank him in terms of WR's.

Patler
05-29-2009, 09:00 AM

Does anyone know where Driver's current pay fits in the scale relative to other WR's? I would have to think his position is fairly close to where most would rank him in terms of WR's.

That's hard to really say, because you can look at such things as new money each year, overall guaranteed money, overall compensation received for a period of seasons, etc. A simple, although perhaps not overly meaningful comparison is the cap value in any one season. Driver's cap value for 2009, reported at about $6.5 million, would have been #11 on the list of cap values for wide receivers in 2008.

Scott Campbell
05-29-2009, 09:07 AM

That's hard to really say, because you can look at such things as new money each year, overall guaranteed money, overall compensation received for a period of seasons, etc. A simple, although perhaps not overly meaningful comparison is the cap value in any one season. Driver's cap value for 2009, reported at about $6.5 million, would have been #11 on the list of cap values for wide receivers in 2008.

Seems pretty fair to me.

Deputy Nutz
05-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Look at that camera behind Favre. In front of the lime light, says it all. When the cameras are off, he's in his own changing room, away from the team and doesn't show up to offseason work.

Is the real Favre the Favre with the camera on or camera off? I think we know the answer.

Troll.

Bossman641
05-29-2009, 09:12 AM

Thanks Patler. I knew the ranking would be hard to quantify for the reasons listed above, but you've given us a starting point.

cpk1994
05-29-2009, 09:22 AM

Yes. So let's try to get this back on track: Anybody have a plausible theory as to why Driver is staying away? If it's about money, why is his agent - the person authorized to talk about money and represent Driver - saying it's not? And who are these "sources" that say it is about money?Or maybe its simply that the sources are wrong. It wouldn't be the first time this offeason. Hell ESPN has been burned reporting something that wasn't happening.

pbmax
05-29-2009, 09:25 AM
The answer depends on what else the agent actually said. Because what Lurker quotes here is Bedard's summary and not a direct quote from Agent Woy.

His only quote in the piece tells us where Donald is, that this is not a mandatory camp and that the Packers know this. I think I could get a more relevant quote from Baghdad Bob.

pbmax
05-29-2009, 09:29 AM

Funny how a few million dollars - which would be a life-altering piece of income for me and most people here - would be, for Driver, just a little bit of feel-good security money.

I would doubt that Packers, given his age, will extend him. But that doesn't mean he won't get another bump. A sizable increase or extension would only be likely if they really don't see a dropoff coming for Donald. But any money paid to Donald this year or next makes it a tighter fit to resign Jennings, Collins and Williams to long term deals.

Gunakor
05-29-2009, 01:12 PM

LOL

Rediculous. We couldn't have been any more clear that the hate of Favre has nothing to do with his not playing for the Packers anymore. Has anybody understood at all what the debate has been about? Anyone???

Nobody will hate on Driver if he doesn't go to the national media to air his dirty laundry, doesn't have friends and family speaking on his behalf, doesn't publicly label the Packers a dishonest organization, doesn't vow revenge, etc.

Gunakor
05-29-2009, 01:23 PM

I would doubt that Packers, given his age, will extend him. But that doesn't mean he won't get another bump. A sizable increase or extension would only be likely if they really don't see a dropoff coming for Donald. But any money paid to Donald this year or next makes it a tighter fit to resign Jennings, Collins and Williams to long term deals.

I think they'll be fine. Rodgers cap number drops significantly next season, so there's an extra 5-6 million already right there. Clifton's contract will be up as well, and I don't see them resigning him to anything special. This season they seem to have enough dough to extend certain players they don't want to reach FA after the season, and will have plenty to play with next year with big money coming off the books. They'll be able to get deals done for the guys they want to keep, even if they have to bump Drivers salary a tad. Driver is still an important piece to our WR corps, and I'm sure TT will get something done for him as he has in the past.

Beyond that, Driver seems like the type of guy who would make concessions of his own if needed to make this a championship caliber team before he retires, so if money does become tight, I'd fully expect Driver to help the team out as long as it looks like the Packers are close.

RashanGary
05-29-2009, 01:30 PM
And let the record show that 2/3 of all Favre threads are started by Favre lovers ( http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=17631&start=160 )

Also, 007 is numero uno in line to bitch when Favre makes his next big screw up that everyone wants to talk about (next time he gets in front of the microphone if anyone enjoys good prognostication). She comes in on her broomstick (and everyone sniffs her butt because she has a girl avatar), complaining about how nobody can drop the Favre issue (only convenient when Favre is burying himself with idiocy). Then, at dead times like this, she's here stirring the pot in a Driver thread.

I have no complaint. I enjoy the Favre stuff, 'specially since he's getting what he deserves lately. I'd just like it to be noted, you know, to keep the witch from her typical manipulation. Remember, she only talks about Favre and gambling lines in the Packer room and it's a great majority Favre.

;) ;)

retailguy
05-29-2009, 03:03 PM

It'd get moved to FYI and THEN it would become about Favre. He's a liberal, you knew that, right? :P

GrnBay007
05-29-2009, 03:55 PM
And let the record show that 2/3 of all Favre threads are started by Favre lovers ( http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=17631&start=160 )

Also, 007 is numero uno in line to bitch when Favre makes his next big screw up that everyone wants to talk about (next time he gets in front of the microphone if anyone enjoys good prognostication). She comes in on her broomstick (and everyone sniffs her butt because she has a girl avatar), complaining about how nobody can drop the Favre issue (only convenient when Favre is burying himself with idiocy). Then, at dead times like this, she's here stirring the pot in a Driver thread.

I have no complaint. I enjoy the Favre stuff, 'specially since he's getting what he deserves lately. I'd just like it to be noted, you know, to keep the witch from her typical manipulation. Remember, she only talks about Favre and gambling lines in the Packer room and it's a great majority Favre.

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life." ~Eric Hoffer

RashanGary
05-29-2009, 04:17 PM

"It is easier to live through someone else than to complete yourself. The freedom to lead and plan your own life is frightening if you have never faced it before. It is frightening when a woman finally realizes that there is no answer to the question 'who am I' except the voice inside herself." — Betty Friedan

CaptainKickass
05-29-2009, 04:27 PM

"It is easier to live through someone else than to complete yourself. The freedom to lead and plan your own life is frightening if you have never faced it before. It is frightening when a woman finally realizes that there is no answer to the question 'who am I' except the voice inside herself." — Betty Friedan

"Don't you dare make me pull this internet forum over......" - Captain Kickass

woodbuck27
05-29-2009, 07:55 PM

Just as I was imagining. Can Ted stand the heat? :D

woodbuck27
05-29-2009, 07:57 PM

It's a HARD bunch.

The Leaper
05-29-2009, 09:20 PM
I love Driver...but the guy should show up and work his ass off, because I think both Jones and Nelson could prove better than Driver by the end of this season.

Driver has no leverage. He has no upside potential, and probably has already started to decline. Green Bay has 2 promising WRs behind him...and IMO, both have the talent and enough experience to supplant Driver at some point this season.

I have been thinking Driver was going to trend downward this season. This only confirms it for me. His head isn't in the right spot, and it will hurt him.

Stevogbfan
05-29-2009, 10:25 PM
I love Driver...but the guy should show up and work his ass off, because I think both Jones and Nelson could prove better than Driver by the end of this season.

Driver has no leverage. He has no upside potential, and probably has already started to decline. Green Bay has 2 promising WRs behind him...and IMO, both have the talent and enough experience to supplant Driver at some point this season.

I have been thinking Driver was going to trend downward this season. This only confirms it for me. His head isn't in the right spot, and it will hurt him.

that's why i think this whole thing is just the media doing it's thing, we don't have much to talk about so let's start something

Packerarcher
05-29-2009, 10:42 PM
He probably is just preparing for the inevitable showing to the door TT will give him. So many of use the no single player is greater than the team line. Well that goes triple for the GM,guess what guys/gals. If TT continues to screw over notable vetrans,this team will ALWAYS be rebuilding as long as he runs it.

Bretsky
05-29-2009, 11:37 PM

That's really the question here. Where did I hear he was trade bait in the off-season?

packerchatters.com ?? :lol:

Bretsky
05-29-2009, 11:41 PM

;) ;)

Dude; I'm totally LOST in your math and I can even use the HP calculator

Did you look at all the anti's who started individual threads ?

Lurker64
05-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Am I the only one who is confused as to what exactly Driver would be unhappy about concerning his contract?

Some facts:
1) Donald Driver is 34 years old.
2) Donald Driver has two years remaining on his contract; he is signed through 2010.
3) Between Salary and Bonuses, Driver will make $6.1 million in 2009 and $7 million in 2010.

Doesn't this seem, well, reasonable? He doesn't appear underpaid, he's not going into his last year of his contract, and he's not a spring chicken by any standards. Assuming what I've been lead to believe about DD that he's a hard worker and a team player and a selfless guy, "Driver holding out because he wants something done about his contract" doesn't make a lot of sense.

SnakeLH2006
05-30-2009, 12:17 AM

No doubt. I would love to see him remain a Packer for life...but emotions aside...Jennings deserves a deal before Driver.

Yep that ain't how Ted rolls. Snake loves DD but the hell if a 34-year old WR is gonna get a good deal before GJ. Ridiculous...and with this economy the hell if an old ass WR is gonna get more money. Snake likes DD, but the hell if we don't have some replacements for him. Can't believe this news. This will only turn out bad for Donald.

Gunakor
06-02-2009, 11:17 AM

Yep that ain't how Ted rolls. Snake loves DD but the hell if a 34-year old WR is gonna get a good deal before GJ. Ridiculous...and with this economy the hell if an old ass WR is gonna get more money. Snake likes DD, but the hell if we don't have some replacements for him. Can't believe this news. This will only turn out bad for Donald.

The Packers have already initiated conversations with Driver's agent about a pay raise. Nothing is guaranteed, of course, but his value to this team is such that something will get done. As was mentioned, he is already making a pretty good chunk of change as is. So I don't think it's going to be anything extraoridnary.

Driver has stated his desire to play another 4 or 5 years, so this might be an extension to cover those remaining years. Maybe a small raise in base salary, a couple added years, new incentives perhaps. The new guarantees could be front loaded on this year's books with enough to spare this year to resign Jennings, and then Driver could finish up the remaining years at a reasonable base salary (lower cap number) freeing up money to extend other players in coming seasons. I'd be fine with that.

Fritz
06-02-2009, 11:23 AM

JH, that's not just a "girl avatar" that's a hot girl avatar. The hotness of her avataricity is such that I myself will gladly line up for a sniff or two.

Thus my own avatar - I thought that Ted's stark demeanor, combined with the austere matrix-type clothing, would intimidate people. But it doesn't seem to be working for me.

As for DD, I hope Gun is right and a year or two extension front loaded - more symbolic than substantive - might assauge DD's concerns and put the team back on keel - once Jennings et al are re-signed/extended.

SnakeLH2006
06-03-2009, 02:42 AM

JH, that's not just a "girl avatar" that's a hot girl avatar. The hotness of her avataricity is such that I myself will gladly line up for a sniff or two.

Thus my own avatar - I thought that Ted's stark demeanor, combined with the austere matrix-type clothing, would intimidate people. But it doesn't seem to be working for me.

As for DD, I hope Gun is right and a year or two extension front loaded - more symbolic than substantive - might assauge DD's concerns and put the team back on keel - once Jennings et al are re-signed/extended.

I agree with Fritz and Gunakor...if it gives DD a chunk to happy this year but is really light in future years, sobeit. Just think it's a matter of time till DD flames out as it happens to old WR's (Joe Horn??).

Fritz...you still talking about hotness? Drew called me again, but I didn't read the voicemail yet, and the texts are getting out of control. Can you do anything to help Snake with this madness? :)

Fritz
06-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Snake, I will be glad to console Drew over your rejections. Can you forward me her emails and cell numbers? She won't give them to me when I call out to her from the bushes near her house, and the police say I can't keep following her any more unless I stay at least a hundred yards away.

SnakeLH2006
06-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Snake, I will be glad to console Drew over your rejections. Can you forward me her emails and cell numbers? She won't give them to me when I call out to her from the bushes near her house, and the police say I can't keep following her any more unless I stay at least a hundred yards away.

It's not that Snake didn't bang her Fritz, it's just that she gets all creepy trying to re-enact that whole Poison Ivy movie thing, and I'm trying to get it over so I can grab a cold beer and post on PackerRats. :shock: 8-)

She want's ya Fritz, she's trying hard to get. Try getting into her house and laying out some rose petals and candles. Snake bets she digs that. :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
06-06-2009, 12:09 AM

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/animals/images/primary/ostrich.jpg

SnakeLH2006
06-06-2009, 12:40 AM

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/animals/images/primary/ostrich.jpg

Harvey...You have one sturdy bird. :shock: