PDA

View Full Version : Group Therapy for Unhappy Players

Fritz
05-29-2009, 09:24 AM
After reading about Kampman not talking with the media, Driver not attending OTA's because he wants some security, and Collins being ambivalent about why he hasn't been attending, I think some group therapy is in order.

I see Tony Soprano's psychiatrist (who is unrelentingly hot, by the way) running this thing. Even she can counsel a mobster, she can handle some pro athletes.

Therapist: Okay, Don, let's start with you. Your agent says it's not about the money, yet you're not attending OTA's as you have in the past. So what's going on?

Driver: It's about respect, man. I know I make good money, but I'd like to play for five years more. I keep myself in great shape, so I know I can do it. But the Packers haven't said a peep about an extension.

Therapist: So your not attending OTA's is a message to Ted Thompson.

Driver: Exactly.

Therapist: That's a little passive/aggressive, Donald. Why didn't you just go see Ted and ask him for an extension.

Driver: I shouldn't have teo ask. Man, Ted sidled up to Al Harris a couple years ago and told him they'd re-do his deal. Al didn't have to ask.

Therapist: This isn't about Al, Donald. I really think you need to work on telling people what you want. Like that one guy in your profession who wrote that book called I Want the Damn Ball. See how clear he was about his expectations?

Driver: I guess I'm feeling insecure about my place. They have all these young guys, and I feel like I don't fit in any more.

Kampman: Hey, I know how that feels. I mean, I worked so hard to get where I am - I was only a fifth round pick, y'know -

Driver: Dude, I was a seventh. How hard you think I worked?

Therapist: Boys, come on now. Go ahead, Aaron.

Kampman: So I worked hard to get where I am, and now they go changing everything on me!

Therapist: They moved your cheese, huh? Hah hah. "Moved your cheese." Get it? Packers, cheesheads, the self-help book? Funny.

Kampman goes silent. He looks down at the floor.

Therapist: I'm sorry, Aaron. I interrupted. Go ahead.

Kampman refuses to look at her.

Therapist: Really, Aaron, I shouldn't have interrupted - nor should Donald have. We're listening. Really.

Driver: I'm all ears, Aaron. Really. Look at the pictures of me. Go ahead, man.

Kampman (still looking at the floor): Well, it's just that I'm used to doing things a certain way. And I thought I was pretty good. And now they want me to change everything. They . . . they said I'd be good, but I don't know. I mean, I'm not a kid any more. It's not easy for me to change.
I'm thinking of asking the team to go back to the 4-3 or else I might not play any more.

Therapist: And how does your wife feel about such a bold move, Aaron?

Kampman's downturned face blushes furiously.

Therapist: She . . . she thinks it's a bad idea. She says that my need for things to be the same way all the time is hurting our marriage.

Therapist: How so, Aaron?

Kampman: Well . . . she says that when we - I don't know how to say this - when we, you know . . .

Driver: Make love? Do the nasty? Copulate? Do the ol' in-out-in-out?

Therapist: Please, Donald.

Driver. Sorry. Just trying to help.

Kampman: Well, when we do that thing, she says it's always the same, and she's getting tired of it. But I'm afraid to change. It took me years of practice to do what I can do with her. What if I'm not good at doing it any other way?

Therapist (gently): So this is about more than football, isn't it

Kampman breaks down, sobbing.

Therapist: It really is about more than football - for both of you. Donald, your own insecurities - growing up on the mean streets of Houston, running drugs. Unsure of whether you're valued for who you are as a person, or just for what you can do for other people - I mean, are women hitting on you because you're awesome, or because you're rich? Or do they just want to find out if it's true about black men? These questions have created doubt for you, too.

A tear trickles down Driver's cheek. He sniffs.

Therapist: Is that it, Donald?

Driver bawls suddenly, a large snot bubble bursts from his nose.

Driver: I'm scared! I'm scared, Adrian!

Therapist (as both men sob like babies): I think we've had a real breakthrough here today, guys. A real breakthrough.

CaptainKickass
05-29-2009, 09:51 AM
BWAAAHH HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA !!!!!

mraynrand
05-29-2009, 01:55 PM
"Therapist (gently): So this is about more than football, isn't it "

Where is Dr. John Holmes, MD PhD, world renowned psychotherapist, when you need him?

sharpe1027
05-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Therapist: Unfortunately, we are out of time for today. On a related matter, Mr. Driver you still owe me for last week's session.

Driver: Your bills are crazy. I think I will need to talk to my employer about a raise to be able to afford these sessions...

cpk1994
05-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Secretary: There is a Brett Favre here to see you.

Therapist: Ugh. Send him in.

PlantPage55
05-29-2009, 03:21 PM
I can hear her right now.
"Mistah Sahprahno..."

Ah, what a great show!

mission
05-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Fritz, luv ya (no homo) !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(that Brett Favre bit made me laugh too ;))

SnakeLH2006
05-30-2009, 01:00 AM
After reading about Kampman not talking with the media, Driver not attending OTA's because he wants some security, and Collins being ambivalent about why he hasn't been attending, I think some group therapy is in order.

I see Tony Soprano's psychiatrist (who is unrelentingly hot, by the way) running this thing. Even she can counsel a mobster, she can handle some pro athletes.

Therapist: Okay, Don, let's start with you. Your agent says it's not about the money, yet you're not attending OTA's as you have in the past. So what's going on?

Driver: It's about respect, man. I know I make good money, but I'd like to play for five years more. I keep myself in great shape, so I know I can do it. But the Packers haven't said a peep about an extension.

Therapist: So your not attending OTA's is a message to Ted Thompson.

Driver: Exactly.

Therapist: That's a little passive/aggressive, Donald. Why didn't you just go see Ted and ask him for an extension.

Driver: I shouldn't have teo ask. Man, Ted sidled up to Al Harris a couple years ago and told him they'd re-do his deal. Al didn't have to ask.

Therapist: This isn't about Al, Donald. I really think you need to work on telling people what you want. Like that one guy in your profession who wrote that book called I Want the Damn Ball. See how clear he was about his expectations?

Driver: I guess I'm feeling insecure about my place. They have all these young guys, and I feel like I don't fit in any more.

Kampman: Hey, I know how that feels. I mean, I worked so hard to get where I am - I was only a fifth round pick, y'know -

Driver: Dude, I was a seventh. How hard you think I worked?

Therapist: Boys, come on now. Go ahead, Aaron.

Kampman: So I worked hard to get where I am, and now they go changing everything on me!

Therapist: They moved your cheese, huh? Hah hah. "Moved your cheese." Get it? Packers, cheesheads, the self-help book? Funny.

Kampman goes silent. He looks down at the floor.

Therapist: I'm sorry, Aaron. I interrupted. Go ahead.

Kampman refuses to look at her.

Therapist: Really, Aaron, I shouldn't have interrupted - nor should Donald have. We're listening. Really.

Driver: I'm all ears, Aaron. Really. Look at the pictures of me. Go ahead, man.

Kampman (still looking at the floor): Well, it's just that I'm used to doing things a certain way. And I thought I was pretty good. And now they want me to change everything. They . . . they said I'd be good, but I don't know. I mean, I'm not a kid any more. It's not easy for me to change.
I'm thinking of asking the team to go back to the 4-3 or else I might not play any more.

Therapist: And how does your wife feel about such a bold move, Aaron?

Kampman's downturned face blushes furiously.

Therapist: She . . . she thinks it's a bad idea. She says that my need for things to be the same way all the time is hurting our marriage.

Therapist: How so, Aaron?

Kampman: Well . . . she says that when we - I don't know how to say this - when we, you know . . .

Driver: Make love? Do the nasty? Copulate? Do the ol' in-out-in-out?

Therapist: Please, Donald.

Driver. Sorry. Just trying to help.

Kampman: Well, when we do that thing, she says it's always the same, and she's getting tired of it. But I'm afraid to change. It took me years of practice to do what I can do with her. What if I'm not good at doing it any other way?

Therapist (gently): So this is about more than football, isn't it

Kampman breaks down, sobbing.

Therapist: It really is about more than football - for both of you. Donald, your own insecurities - growing up on the mean streets of Houston, running drugs. Unsure of whether you're valued for who you are as a person, or just for what you can do for other people - I mean, are women hitting on you because you're awesome, or because you're rich? Or do they just want to find out if it's true about black men? These questions have created doubt for you, too.

A tear trickles down Driver's cheek. He sniffs.

Therapist: Is that it, Donald?

Driver bawls suddenly, a large snot bubble bursts from his nose.

Driver: I'm scared! I'm scared, Adrian!

Therapist (as both men sob like babies): I think we've had a real breakthrough here today, guys. A real breakthrough.

Fritz that shit is fucking hilarious and you paved your way into Snake's fav. poster on PR by far if you didn't do it already....Although Snake is alarmed by the bolded part. Shit, you think Drew "Old ass" Barrymore is hot, and somehow that shit doesn't surprise Snake.

Drew is a 10 compared to Tony's Psych. WTF? Really? Really? Wow and damn....and wow and damn. Ok..and damn wow damn wow again. WOW!!! :lol:

Fritz
05-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the compliments, and Snake, you too, but as for my choice of babes...intelligence figures into the mix for me, too. Also, I'm 48 years old, so if I was slavering over Selena Gomez or Miley Cyrus I would officially qualify as what my youngest daughter and her friends call a "creeper."

And dude, Drew Barrymore is hot. She just is.

I think Nick Collins needs in on the therapy, too, by the way. And maybe Snake needs to be my therapist to show me the way with the ladies . . .

MJZiggy
05-30-2009, 01:29 PM
You'd do far better on your own, Fritz...

Brains and personality count for a lot when you want actual women with intelligence.

SnakeLH2006
05-31-2009, 12:13 AM
You'd do far better on your own, Fritz...

Brains and personality count for a lot when you want actual women with intelligence.

LOL, it's all cool Ziggy, as Snake only dates/have dated girls with college degrees. I love a smart woman. I was commenting solely on Fritz' physical attraction to Drew Barrymore....kinda a running joke in the past few months on here.

BTW, Fritz....I did minor in Psychology in college....just sayin. :shock: :?

Tyrone Bigguns
05-31-2009, 12:14 AM
College as a criteria is overrated.

Jenna Jameson didn't go to no college. :wink:

SnakeLH2006
05-31-2009, 12:56 AM
College as a criteria is overrated.

Jenna Jameson didn't go to no college. :wink:

LOL, but she dated Marilyn Manson, and now Tito Ortiz. Snake is a HUGE MMA/UFC fan and never thought an MMA fighter could be a pussy, but remember when he backed out of a boxing match against the owner Dana White by no-showing the hyped match 2 years ago and had Jenna call to say Tito was sick? HAHAHAHAHA. Jenna may not have a college degree but is not the sharpest tool in the toolbox for picking male companions for sure.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00461/ortiz_682x400_461812a.jpg