PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers Welcomes Rivalry with Cutler

BF4MVP
06-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Nice snippet from the GBPG blog...Sounds like this rivalry between the two will exist only on the field. Also talks a little bit about Jennings and Favre.

Rodgers welcomes rivalry with Cutler
Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is looking forward to the rivalry against new Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, who was traded during the offseason by the Denver Broncos.

“It will be good to play against him and get a little friendly rivalry going,” said Rodgers.

Rodgers joked that Cutler "big-timed" him during the offseason until he was traded to the Bears.

“He kind of didn’t talk to me for a couple of months, after he didn’t hang out with me at the Super Bowl,” said Rodgers. “Then once he got traded, the next day he called me and we talked. You know Jay and I have been buddies since last summer so we’ve been texting back and forth. I was in Chicago at a Bulls-Celtics game, I was texting him saying I’m in your city right now. Jay’s a good guy, I think he definitely helps that team out.”

And what does Rodgers think about the possibility of former Packers quarterback Brett Favre signing with the Minnesota Vikings?

“I’d say we’d have a very solid group of quarterbacks in the NFC North,” replied Rodgers.

Rodgers also talked about the chemistry he has with receiver Greg Jennings. “I think we formed that over the years of offseasons working out together,” he said. “He’s a guy who’s been around the facility the last few offseasons pretty extensively. That helps in going a long way as far as timing. I think that’s under-appreciated a lot of times.”

Rodgers said he isn’t worried about Jennings’ contract talks. “I don’t really like talking about guys’ contracts too much,” said Rodgers, “but I will say this: if Ted (Thompson) has shown anything, it’s that he’s going to pay the guys who are here.”

-- Mike Vandermause, mvandermause@greenbaypressgazette.com
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Chevelle2
06-01-2009, 06:29 PM
I couldn't be happier with the QB we have leading our team!

The Shadow
06-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Classy attitude.
I'll bet he also talks to the media after losses as well as wins.

Pacopete4
06-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Classy attitude.

well hell, last year he had to... we wouldnt of had very many sound bites if he only talked to the media after wins last season

pasquale
06-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Classy attitude.

shoot me now. worst day in sports radio history after this lebron crap. UGH.

Noodle
06-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Seriously, he is amazingly good at this press crap. They're all looking to stir the pot, but he won't play the game.

His answer about Favre is so good I think he missed his calling -- press secretary to POTUS.

Scott Campbell
06-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Seriously, he is amazingly good at this press crap. They're all looking to stir the pot, but he won't play the game.

His answer about Favre is so good I think he missed his calling -- press secretary to POTUS.

I think he learned what not to do from the master.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-01-2009, 09:53 PM

I think he learned what not to do from the master.

Yeah, the middle child always learns from the mistakes of the older sibling.

Fuck, i hated being the oldest. :oops:

gbpackfan
06-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Honestly guys, Rodgers does not get enough credit. He is a fantastic QB on and off the field. It's good to be a Packer fan!

Patler
06-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Honestly guys, Rodgers does not get enough credit. He is a fantastic QB on and off the field. It's good to be a Packer fan!

Unfortunately, unless he has a HOF career, he may never be fully appreciated.
The difficulty of the situation he inherited last year can not be overstated. The pressure could have been enormous. I'm not saying he was perfect, nor that he was the QB that Favre was in his prime, because he wasn't. But to perform as well as he did and to present himself to the media as well as he did (with just a couple slips) was not an easy thing to do.

Following a retired Favre would have been difficult enough; but following Favre within the circus that surrounded last season would have cracked many players. Rodgers seems to very tough mentally, very focused.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 07:51 AM

There are still Niner fans that hate Steve Young because of the Montana thing. I'm not sure that a HOF career out of Rodgers would be enough for some people.

Patler
06-02-2009, 08:10 AM

There are still Niner fans that hate Steve Young because of the Montana thing. I'm not sure that a HOF career out of Rodgers would be enough for some people.

I almost mentioned that, but then again some 49er fans don't look at Steve Young as a true 49er. After all, he spent time playing in L.A., of all places, with the USFL; and then with the Buccaneers for a few seasons before coming to SF! Not a real SF guy! :lol:

cpk1994
06-02-2009, 08:26 AM

There are still Niner fans that hate Steve Young because of the Montana thing. I'm not sure that a HOF career out of Rodgers would be enough for some people.And thats fine. If they can't appreciate a budding career, then that is their problem.

cpk1994
06-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Honestly guys, Rodgers does not get enough credit. He is a fantastic QB on and off the field. It's good to be a Packer fan!OUtside of GB fans, Rodgers gets plenty of credit and respect. Even at ESPN.

cpk1994
06-02-2009, 08:35 AM
I can picture ARod doing his best Clubber Lang, saying "I accept Culter's challenge becuase Cutler is no challenge".

vince
06-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Honestly guys, Rodgers does not get enough credit. He is a fantastic QB on and off the field. It's good to be a Packer fan!OUtside of Favre Fanatics, Rodgers gets plenty of credit and respect. Even at ESPN.
fixed.

Fritz
06-02-2009, 11:16 AM
I wonder if Rodgers's comment about how important hanging around during the offseason is for QB/receiver chemistry was a subtle hint to any other Packer receivers who might not be doing so . . . ?