PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young Potentially on Trading Block?

Lurker64
06-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Per PFT (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/01/vince-young-tired-of-sitting-on-the-bench/)

“I definitely want to get back out there playing ball and picking up where I left off, winning games and having a good time with my teammates and with the fans,” Young said. “At the same time, if them guys don’t want me to be in there, it’s time for me to make a career change for myself. Because the fact is I’m ready to play ball. If they’re not ready for me to play ball, then somebody is.”

You'd think that if Young doesn't beat out Collins, the Titans would take any reasonable offer for him, since he's unlikely to be effective as a backup if he's pouting. In the 2006 draft, our GM was reportedly very high on Young, but he probably wouldn't want to play here since he wouldn't be handed a starting job. Maybe he'd end up in Minnesota or Detroit?

At this point, wild speculation, but Vince Young might be up for grabs in a few months time.

Carolina_Packer
06-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Who throws the first touchdown pass between them; Vince Young or Michael Vick? How about between those two and Brett Favre?

Harlan Huckleby
06-02-2009, 05:49 AM
he probably wouldn't want to play here since he wouldn't be handed a starting job. Maybe he'd end up in Minnesota

deja vu all over again

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 06:55 AM
You'd think that if Young doesn't beat out Collins, the Titans would take any reasonable offer for him, since he's unlikely to be effective as a backup if he's pouting. In the 2006 draft, our GM was reportedly very high on Young, but he probably wouldn't want to play here since he wouldn't be handed a starting job. Maybe he'd end up in Minnesota or Detroit?

At this point, wild speculation, but Vince Young might be up for grabs in a few months time.

I wonder what he's worth in trade.

Fritz
06-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Good question - we know though it's not a top-five pick . . .

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Good question - we know though it's not a top-five pick . . .

You think he's worth a 6th rounder?

vince
06-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Vince Young is taking cues from Pacman Jones...

The Forecast Calls for Dumb (http://www.tmz.com/2009/05/26/vince-young-learns-nothing-makes-it-rain)

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 07:47 AM
From PFT

"For his career, the former University of Texas star has completed 57.3 percent of his throws for 4,964 yards, 22 touchdowns, and 32 interceptions for a 68.8 quarterback rating."

SkinBasket
06-02-2009, 07:56 AM
From PFT

"For his career, the former University of Texas star has completed 57.3 percent of his throws for 4,964 yards, 22 touchdowns, and 32 interceptions for a 68.8 quarterback rating."

GAME CHANGER!

He'll be great for any team that want's to run a college level offense.

Partial
06-02-2009, 08:03 AM
He'll take whatever team he lands on to the playoffs. He's a playmaker.

Bossman641
06-02-2009, 08:30 AM

And RG was wondering why people bash you.

You walk right into this shit. Whatever, I guess playmakers drafted 3rd overall with shitty stats, bad accuracy, and a horrible mental makeup get beat out by journeyman QB's all the time.

cpk1994
06-02-2009, 08:33 AM

You walk right into this shit. Whatever, I guess playmakers drafted 3rd overall with shitty stats, bad accuracy, and a horrible mental makeup get beat out by journeyman QB's all the time.It should also be pointed out that this "playmaker" got beat out by Kerry Freaking Collins. In other words, Vince Young + "playmaker" = :bs2:

CaptainKickass
06-02-2009, 09:31 AM
I have always wanted to see an NFL team with all 3 gameday QB's as "scramblers" in addition to a solid running game.

If you get Mike Vick and Vince Young on the same team - who's the 3rd "scrambler"?

Partial
06-02-2009, 09:36 AM

You walk right into this shit. Whatever, I guess playmakers drafted 3rd overall with shitty stats, bad accuracy, and a horrible mental makeup get beat out by journeyman QB's all the time.

How many come from behind victories does he have using his arm or legs?

How many playoff appearances does he have?

I rest my case. Very tough to deny that he's a playmaker.

He wasn't the right player for Tennessee, that doesn't mean he's not a very good player. How you can watch a player and ignore such physical superiority to basically all of his peers is astounding. He's a man among boys from an athletic standpoint.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 09:47 AM
This reminds me of when Tank used to rant about Joey Harrington being the chosen one.

Bossman641
06-02-2009, 09:57 AM

He wasn't the right player for Tennessee, that doesn't mean he's not a very good player. How you can watch a player and ignore such physical superiority to basically all of his peers is astounding. He's a man among boys from an athletic standpoint.

I already went through before and analyzed the stats for all of his games and the effect he had. You chose to ignore them.

I don't care how physically superior he is. When you can't throw a ball straight and lead a receiver it doesn't matter how gifted you are. When you add in the fact that he's a headcase, hard to see how that adds up to a playmaker. But I love how you make up excuses for Young and give him time, but are the exact opposite on Rodgers.

SkinBasket
06-02-2009, 09:59 AM
This reminds me of when Tank used to rant about Joey Harrington being the chosen one.

This reminds me of the last time this argument stretched over a dozen pages.

Partial
06-02-2009, 10:00 AM

I already went through before and analyzed the stats for all of his games and the effect he had. You chose to ignore them.

I don't care how physically superior he is. When you can't throw a ball straight and lead a receiver it doesn't matter how gifted you are. When you add in the fact that he's a headcase, hard to see how that adds up to a playmaker. But I love how you make up excuses for Young and give him time, but are the exact opposite on Rodgers.

Stats? He, himself, and only himself, ran balls past every defender and in for touchdowns. How is that ignoring anything? You're clearly ignoring his superior physical talents.

Cannot compare him to Rodgers. Two different types of player. If I wanted a pure drop back passer, no way do I look at Young. Rodgers cannot compare athletically to Young. He's smaller, slower, less stout, less muscular, less moxy, less high profile wins.

Young deserves more time because he has been in the league less time than Rodgers, yet accomplished far more.

SkinBasket
06-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Stats? Time on bench is not recorded. He, himself, and only himself, ran balls past every defender and in for touchdowns in his mind while watching the real players on the field playing football. How is that ignoring anything except reality? You're clearly ignoring his superior physical talents for watching football.

Fixed. You're welcome.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 10:28 AM

I was being held as a political prisoner at the time, and missed out on the excitement.

SkinBasket
06-02-2009, 10:37 AM

I was being held as a political prisoner at the time, and missed out on the excitement.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=16355

I guess it only felt like 12 pages...

Administrator
06-02-2009, 10:56 AM
I wonder who would be interested in Young at this point. Would be interesting to see if a change of scenery made any difference, or if like Harrington it just didn't matter.

You'd have to think that someone like San Francisco would look at him, but hey, who knows?

Fritz
06-02-2009, 11:10 AM
If you are a team without a firm QB, he's worth a look, I would think. Heck, you could almost use him as an old college-type option QB. Screw it - send him out with an option to pitch out to a tailback or throw the ball on the run.

Might be worth a look.

Partial
06-02-2009, 11:14 AM
I wonder who would be interested in Young at this point. Would be interesting to see if a change of scenery made any difference, or if like Harrington it just didn't matter.

You'd have to think that someone like San Francisco would look at him, but hey, who knows?

I don't really understand the Harrington comparisons. Young is a winner and has won at every level. Harrington never experienced any success as far as I know.

HarveyWallbangers
06-02-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't really understand the Harrington comparisons. Young is a winner and has won at every level. Harrington never experienced any success as far as I know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Harrington

Harrington finished his college career with a 25-3 record (including bowl wins against 12th-ranked Texas and 3rd-ranked Colorado)

Fritz
06-02-2009, 11:25 AM

You heard it here first, folks: Vince Young is an official member of the DeShawn Wynn Fan Club, where Everyone's a Wynner!

packers11
06-02-2009, 11:28 AM

Stats? He, himself, and only himself, ran balls past every defender and in for touchdowns. How is that ignoring anything? You're clearly ignoring his superior physical talents.

Cannot compare him to Rodgers. Two different types of player. If I wanted a pure drop back passer, no way do I look at Young. Rodgers cannot compare athletically to Young. He's smaller, slower, less stout, less muscular, less moxy, less high profile wins.

I have a lot of problems with your post(s) on this subject... Lets take Michael Vick for example, arguably the most dynamic football player ever at the QB position and he still couldn't get the falcons to the Superbowl... If Rodgers progresses into an elite "pure drop back passer" i'd defiantly choose him over Vince Young...

By your thinking ... Payton Manning and Tom Brady are both players that are not as physically gifted as Young therefore Young has more potential...

I'm not saying Young is bad, but give me a pure pocket passer over a scrambling erratic QB and there is a better chance my team will go the superbowl... Young's legs can only take him so far (see Vick), and if he can't progress his passing game and hit wide open receivers, he will be shut down quite easily if he makes it to the playoffs...

Vick was twice is fast as Young and had an arm like Favre but his accuracy and touch was terrible, therefor he couldn't progress... I don't care how "Big" or "strong" you are, if you can't pass the ball your bound to fail...

Partial, I usually don't mind your posts, but Rodgers only had one year to start and had over 4000 yards... You say Vince Young accomplished more in less time? HAHAHAHA... Vince Young had the opportunity to start for 3 friken years... A-Rod had one year...

By the way... What the f!ck did this guy accomplish, I actually thought he won a playoff game until I went and looked... He didn't even win a playoff game yet... Explain to me what this guy has accomplished... I know he had a huge run against the Texans to win the game, but without winning a playoff game, he doesn't have much leverage in any argument (see Romo)...

I just don't get your logic on this one...

Fritz
06-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Partial, what do you mean by "less moxie"? What exactly is "moxie" to you?

Bossman641
06-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Partial, what do you mean by "less moxie"? What exactly is "moxie" to you?

Per Webster's dictionary

moxie (mocks-ee)
- the ability to sit on the bench and cheer on your teammates

cpk1994
06-02-2009, 11:38 AM

He wasn't the right player for Tennessee, that doesn't mean he's not a very good player. How you can watch a player and ignore such physical superiority to basically all of his peers is astounding. He's a man among boys from an athletic standpoint.How many playoff wins does he have. ZERO. Vince Young got beat out by Kerry Collins. You have no case.

Freak Out
06-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Here you have a guy who was unstoppable at the college level but as soon as things get tough in the NFL folds.....did he even fight for his job after he was cleared to play again?

Partial
06-02-2009, 11:53 AM

He wasn't the right player for Tennessee, that doesn't mean he's not a very good player. How you can watch a player and ignore such physical superiority to basically all of his peers is astounding. He's a man among boys from an athletic standpoint.How many playoff wins does he have. ZERO. Vince Young got beat out by Kerry Collins. You have no case.

That's one more playoff appearance and many more come from behind wins than the guy up in GB.

cpk1994
06-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Here you have a guy who was unstoppable at the college level but as soon as things get tough in the NFL folds.....did he even fight for his job after he was cleared to play again?NO, he ran home to mommy. Then mommy told the media to "Leave my baby alone!". VY is a head case. I wouldn't touch him with a 100ft pole.

Partial
06-02-2009, 11:56 AM

I have a lot of problems with your post(s) on this subject... Lets take Michael Vick for example, arguably the most dynamic football player ever at the QB position and he still couldn't get the falcons to the Superbowl... If Rodgers progresses into an elite "pure drop back passer" i'd defiantly choose him over Vince Young...

By your thinking ... Payton Manning and Tom Brady are both players that are not as physically gifted as Young therefore Young has more potential...

I'm not saying Young is bad, but give me a pure pocket passer over a scrambling erratic QB and there is a better chance my team will go the superbowl... Young's legs can only take him so far (see Vick), and if he can't progress his passing game and hit wide open receivers, he will be shut down quite easily if he makes it to the playoffs...

Vick was twice is fast as Young and had an arm like Favre but his accuracy and touch was terrible, therefor he couldn't progress... I don't care how "Big" or "strong" you are, if you can't pass the ball your bound to fail...

Partial, I usually don't mind your posts, but Rodgers only had one year to start and had over 4000 yards... You say Vince Young accomplished more in less time? HAHAHAHA... Vince Young had the opportunity to start for 3 friken years... A-Rod had one year...

By the way... What the f!ck did this guy accomplish, I actually thought he won a playoff game until I went and looked... He didn't even win a playoff game yet... Explain to me what this guy has accomplished... I know he had a huge run against the Texans to win the game, but without winning a playoff game, he doesn't have much leverage in any argument (see Romo)...

I just don't get your logic on this one...

I would take a pure drop back passer like Manning over Young, too. There aren't many Mannings in the world, though. Same with Brady. Two extremely rare, talented players. Rodgers is not even in the same ballpark as either of them.

Young has a winning record, went to the playoffs, and has come from behind victories pulling it out for his team. What has Rodgers done besides throw for a lot of yards that ultimately had very little effect on winning games?

Comparing him to Vick is okay I guess, but he is a lot bigger and therefore won't have the same injury concerns when running like a wild man. We all saw the Wildcat sweep the NFL this year, and VY is the NFL's best Wildcat player, yet you all fail to see he is a dynamic weapon in a changing NFL.

Vince Young was in the same position of being down with a few minutes left in multiple NFL games. The difference between he and Rodgers, is he pulled it off, almost single-handedly at that.

Guiness
06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I have always wanted to see an NFL team with all 3 gameday QB's as "scramblers" in addition to a solid running game.

If you get Mike Vick and Vince Young on the same team - who's the 3rd "scrambler"?

Kordell Stewart is waiting for some GM to fall out of bed and hit his head on the floor, then call him.

/gravedigger

HarveyWallbangers
06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Young has a winning record, went to the playoffs, and has come from behind victories pulling it out for his team. What has Rodgers done besides throw for a lot of yards that ultimately had very little effect on winning games?

Young had a defense that could stop his opponent more than once in six tries after he led his offense to the game tying or leading score in the final six minutes of a game. BTW, the Packers defense gave up 381 points last year. They ranked 31st in 4th quarter scoring defense. The Titans defense gave up 297 points in 2007. It's laughable comparing Vince Young to Aaron Rodgers right now, but I wouldn't expect more out of you.

Partial
06-02-2009, 01:19 PM

Young had a defense that could stop his opponent more than once in six tries after he led his offense to the game tying or leading score in the final six minutes of a game. BTW, the Packers defense gave up 381 points last year. They ranked 31st in 4th quarter scoring defense. The Titans defense gave up 297 points in 2007. It's laughable comparing Vince Young to Aaron Rodgers right now, but I wouldn't expect more out of you.

Harvey... Rodgers couldn't get it done in the clutch. How many times did he chuck up a foolish interception instead of scoring a touchdown? Lots.

I haven't compared them other than pointing out facts. Are you saying that Rodgers has won a come from behind game, has a winning record as a starter, and has played in a playoff game? Why are you ignoring 2006, Youngs' first year in the league, when his team was 3rd worst in the league the year prior. Way to pick and choose data.

Maybe the defense wouldn't have given up so many points if the offense could sustain a drive in the second half.

Rodgers is the better passer. Young is the better football player. He wins game. Rodgers tries not to lose games.

Don't be a prick Harv. I'm extremely fair. I've said where I ranked him. It's a perfectly reasonable, logical position for him to be in after A) one season B) being injury prone and C) having a boat load of talent around him.

SkinBasket
06-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Way to pick and choose data.

:lol:

Don't be a prick Harv. I'm extremely fair.

Yeah Harv, you big prick. How dare you use your numbers to support your argument and not Partial's to support his? Data picker. You're a dirty, dirty unfair data picker.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Young is the better football player. He wins game.

Young doesn't even play in games right now - much less win them.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 01:51 PM
I've said where I ranked him. It's a perfectly reasonable, logical position for him to be in after A) one season B) being injury prone and C) having a boat load of talent around him.

D) The big dork made Brett Favre expendable.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/favre0531.jpg

retailguy
06-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Here you have a guy who was unstoppable at the college level but as soon as things get tough in the NFL folds.....did he even fight for his job after he was cleared to play again?

This is the troubling part. There must be something seriously wrong here. Maybe the guy has got bigger issues than playing QB.

He's got the talent to succeed, but so does Reggie Bush. Neither have done anything close to what is expected.

baffling.

Chevelle2
06-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Harvey... Rodgers couldn't get it done in the clutch. How many times did he chuck up a foolish interception instead of scoring a touchdown? Lots.

I see this argument brought up a lot, and Id like to take some time to address it. Lets take a look at the close games in 2008.

Tennessee

Rodgers drove the team to a tying score with 5:30 remaining. Green Bay had the ball again once there after, Tennessee on the other hand, had 3 more possessions since that score. Rodgers did not throw an interception from 5:30 onwards

Minnesota

Rodgers drove the team down to a FG to put them up 6 with 5:56 remaining. Minnesota came down and scored a TD with 2:30 to go. Rodgers came back down to lineup for a FG with :02 left, which was missed. No interceptions the entire game

Rodgers drove the team into scoring position twice in 5:56 They still lost

Carolina

Rodgers drove the team to take the lead with 2 minutes left on an 80 yard 9:13 drive, only to see CAR gain the lead a mere 0:27 seconds later. Only THEN threw an interception, with 1:09 from his own 17.

Houston

Rodgers took the lead with 6 minutes left on a TD. The Packers only had the ball one more time. Houston had the ball twice thereafter. Rodgers threw 0 interceptions after the TD.

Jacksonville

Rodgers drove the team to take the lead with 5:40 left. The lead evaporated 3:39 minutes later. Rodgers threw the interception with :46 remaining. Do you expect him to score twice ever 5:40? Is this Arena ball?

Chicago

Rodgers drove the team down with 0:25 seconds left, only to see Crosby's kick blocked. 0 interceptions in the 4th quarter.

Thats 2 interceptions in 6 games. Hardly "a lot." Partial I suggest that if you want to be a more welcomed and appreciated member on packerrats, you don't have to change your views, but rather your ways of expressing them. Perhaps doing research, as I have done here, to back up your claims, would go a long way.

cheesner
06-02-2009, 02:28 PM
I would take a pure drop back passer like Manning over Young, too. There aren't many Mannings in the world, though. Same with Brady. Two extremely rare, talented players. Rodgers is not even in the same ballpark as either of them.

Comparing him to Vick is okay I guess, but he is a lot bigger and therefore won't have the same injury concerns when running like a wild man. We all saw the Wildcat sweep the NFL this year, and VY is the NFL's best Wildcat player, yet you all fail to see he is a dynamic weapon in a changing NFL.

Vince Young was in the same position of being down with a few minutes left in multiple NFL games. The difference between he and Rodgers, is he pulled it off, almost single-handedly at that.
After one year of starting, Rodgers is further along in his career than either Manning or Brady were after their first year. Not saying AR is better, just that at this point in his career he has performed better.

As far as Young goes, the sidelines are littered with QBs who have tons of potential. From Akili Smith to Ryan Leaf and Alex Smith. It takes far more than athletic potential and 'playmaking ability' to succeed at the NFL level as a QB. And simply put, it appears that Vince Young does not have it. I thought very highly of the guy coming out of school and even after his first year with the Titans. But clearly there is something wrong with him mentally and it is difficult to imagine him ever gaining the confidence of his teammates that is so important in a QBs success. Perhaps a change in scenery and new teammates will give him an opportunity to start with a clean slate. But as for now, the guy is a big time bust. Perhaps the Titans will get a 4th or 5th for him, but he isn't worth much more.

Comparing him to Aaron Rodgers is a complete joke. Give it up and move on. AR has a very bright future ahead of him. Personally, I think he will attain the status of a Manning or a Brady. But, only time will tell.

cpk1994
06-02-2009, 02:37 PM

That's one more playoff appearance and many more come from behind wins than the guy up in GB.Rodgers is only ion year one as a starter. Young started for 3. Young hasn't proved squat other than folding like a cheap suit when the going gets tough. I will take Rodgers over that head case any day of the week. Real QB's don't go running home to mommy.

cpk1994
06-02-2009, 02:39 PM

I see this argument brought up a lot, and Id like to take some time to address it. Lets take a look at the close games in 2008.

Tennessee

Rodgers drove the team to a tying score with 5:30 remaining. Green Bay had the ball again once there after, Tennessee on the other hand, had 3 more possessions since that score. Rodgers did not throw an interception from 5:30 onwards

Minnesota

Rodgers drove the team down to a FG to put them up 6 with 5:56 remaining. Minnesota came down and scored a TD with 2:30 to go. Rodgers came back down to lineup for a FG with :02 left, which was missed. No interceptions the entire game

Carolina

Rodgers drove the team to take the lead with 2 minutes left on an 80 yard 9:13 drive, only to see CAR gain the lead a mere 0:27 seconds later. Only THEN threw an interception, with 1:09 from his own 17.

Houston

Rodgers took the lead with 6 minutes left on a TD. The Packers only had the ball one more time. Houston had the ball twice thereafter. Rodgers threw 0 interceptions after the TD.

Jacksonville

Rodgers drove the team to take the lead with 5:40 left. The lead evaporated 3:39 minutes later. Rodgers threw the interception with :46 remaining. Do you expect him to score twice ever 5:40? Is this Arena ball?

Chicago

Rodgers drove the team down with 0:25 seconds left, only to see Crosby's kick blocked. 0 interceptions in the 4th quarter.

Thats 2 interceptions in 6 games. Hardly "a lot." Partial I suggest that if you want to be a more welcomed and appreciated member on packerrats, you don't have to change your views, but rather your ways of expressing them. Perhaps doing research, as I have done here, to back up your claims, would go a long way.Thank you. I'm glad you owned that arguemtn before I responded to his bullshit the wrong way.

Chevelle2
06-02-2009, 02:53 PM

Tennessee

Minnesota

Carolina

Houston

Jacksonville

Chicago

Thats 2 interceptions in 6 games. Hardly "a lot." Partial I suggest that if you want to be a more welcomed and appreciated member on packerrats, you don't have to change your views, but rather your ways of expressing them. Perhaps doing research, as I have done here, to back up your claims, would go a long way.Thank you. I'm glad you owned that arguemtn before I responded to his bullshit the wrong way.

No problem. I doubt he will respond, however.

CaptainKickass
06-02-2009, 03:08 PM

Kordell Stewart is waiting for some GM to fall out of bed and hit his head on the floor, then call him.

/gravedigger

Haha.....I was think of like a McNabb or Randall Cunningham in their prime.

:D

CaptainKickass
06-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Way to pick and choose data.

Don't be a prick Harv. I'm extremely fair.

Yeah Harv, you big prick. How dare you use your numbers to support your argument and not Partial's to support his? Data picker. You're a dirty, dirty unfair data picker PRICK.

Fixed.

No need to thank me, I'm here to help.

HarveyWallbangers
06-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Waiting on a response.

Harrington finished his college career with a 25-3 record (including bowl wins against 12th-ranked Texas and 3rd-ranked Colorado)

HarveyWallbangers
06-02-2009, 04:04 PM
That's one more playoff appearance and many more come from behind wins than the guy up in GB.

It's harder to beat out Brett Favre than Kerry Collins.

MJZiggy
06-02-2009, 04:06 PM

You make a compelling argument. (could be why I rarely argue with you 'cept in person.)

Partial
06-02-2009, 04:30 PM
CAPS...

Tennessee

EXHAUSTED DEFENSE... WE SCORED 16 POINTS. 16. 1-6. ONE TOUCHDOWN. ONE TOUCHDOWN ALL DAY. IS THAT DOING THERE JOB ADEQUATELY? MAYBE TO SOME, BUT I CERTAINLY DON'T THINK SO GIVEN THE RULES TO FAVOR OFFENSE IN THE NFL. WE HELD FOR TWO OF THREE POSESSIONS WHILE THE OFFENSE COULDN'T GET IT DONE... ARE WE SUPPOSED TO HOLD OUT ALL DAY?!? IS THAT THE STATUS QUO? ARE WE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE GREATEST D IN NFL HISTORY? WE GAVE UP 19 POINTS. RAVENS OF 2000 SAID IF THEY GAVE UP 17 POINTS IN A GAME THEY DID THEIR JOB VERY, VERY WELL. WE GAVE UP 19. TWO MORE. OUR OFFENSE WAS HORRIBLE AND RESULTED IN AN EXHAUSTED DEFENSE.

Minnesota

THEY SCORED 1 TOUCHDOWN YET AGAIN AND DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ALL GAME OFFENSIVELY, YET THIS IS FORGIVEN BECAUSE HE DROVE THEM DOWN IN THE END? IF NOT FOR THE D PLAYING OUT OF THEIR MINDS THEY HAD ZERO CHANCE OF BEING IN THIS GAME, BUT THAT IS FORGOTTEN BY THE HOMERS. HOW MANY GAMES ARE YOU IN AGAINST A GOOD TEAM WHEN YOU SCORE ONE BLOODY TD OFFENSIVELY? NOT MANY.

Carolina

GOOD DRIVE, THEN HE GOES IN BLOWS IT. DEFENSE SHOULD HAVE HELD, BUT IT DIDN'T. GOOD PLAYERS DON'T MAKE EXCUSES. RODGERS HAD THE BALL IN HIS HAND, IN A SITUATION WHERE YOUNG THRIVES AND WINS GAMES, AND HE FAILED TO DELIVER AND GAVE BASICALLY A SURE FIRE TOUCHDOWN TO THE OPPOSITION AS OPPOSED TO DRIVING DOWN THE FIELD AND AT LEAST GIVING THE D A CHANCE

Houston

D WAS BAD BUT WHERE WAS THE O. TRUTH BE TOLD I DON'T REMEMBER THIS GAME. HOW MANY POINTS DID WE HAVE? 20? IS THAT ENOUGH? DID THEY MOVE THE BALL WELL IN THE SECOND HALF?

Jacksonville

NO, I DON'T. I EXPECT THEM TO SUSTAIN DRIVES AND KEEP THE PRESSURE OFF THE D. THEY SCORED 16 POINTS IN THIS GAME. THEY GAVE UP 20. AGAIN, THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE CONSIDERED A GOOD O. YOU GUYS CLAIM HE'S SUCH A PREMIERE QUARTERBACK, BUT PREMIERE QBS PUT UP MORE THAN 20 POINTS AGAINST CRAPPY OPPONENTS AND THEY DON'T RELY ON THEIR DEFENSE WEEK AFTER WEEK.

YOU SAY ARENA BALL... I SAY WHERE WAS THE OFFENSE UP UNTIL THE END OF THE GAME?!? DEFENSE IS DESTINED FOR FAILURE WITH POOR OFFENSIVE PERFORMANCES LIKE THIS.

Chicago

I DON'T REMEMBER THIS GAME EITHER, HOW MANY POINTS DID WE SCORE? HOW MANY SECOND HALF DRIVES DID WE SUSTAIN? TIME OF POSESSION? SNAPS? ETC. I DON'T REMEMBER THE OFFENSE BEING ANYTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT.

17 POINTS ISN'T GOOD, ANY WAY YOU WRITE IT. THEY GAVE UP 20 TOTAL IN 5 QUARTERS. AGAIN, THE BEST DEFENSE OF ALL TIME SAID GIVING UP 17 IS A GREAT DAY. HOW MANY POINTS IS THE D ON OUR OFFENSIVE-CENTRIC TEAM SUPPOSED TO GIVE UP? 2? 3? 4?

Thats 2 interceptions in 6 games. Hardly "a lot." Partial I suggest that if you want to be a more welcomed and appreciated member on packerrats, you don't have to change your views, but rather your ways of expressing them. Perhaps doing research, as I have done here, to back up your claims, would go a long way.

SHUT UP. YOU'RE A NOBODY AROUND HERE. NO ONE EVEN KNEW WHO YOU WERE UNTIL YOU STARTED BEING IRRITATING WITH THE FAVRE STUFF.

Partial
06-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Waiting on a response.

National championships? Playoff appearances in the NFL, pro bowls?!?

Partial
06-02-2009, 04:32 PM

LOL, you'd have a hard time convincing me based on the way you guys talk about Brett around here. Sorry, but Rodgers led a playoff ready team into a losing record. There are excuses for his performance every game. "The defense was bad" "The kicker missed" blah blah blah. Try scoring enough points with your vast offensive weapons to not have to rely on someone else play after play.

MJZiggy
06-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Way to treat another poster with respect after people have stuck up for you requesting that others treat you with more respect. You are not any better than anyone else around here.

retailguy
06-02-2009, 04:37 PM
CAPS...

SHUT UP. YOU'RE A NOBODY AROUND HERE. NO ONE EVEN KNEW WHO YOU WERE UNTIL YOU STARTED BEING IRRITATING WITH THE FAVRE STUFF.

:(

HarveyWallbangers
06-02-2009, 04:41 PM

Tee Martin, Chris Weinke, Josh Heupel, Ken Dorsey, Craig Krenzel, Matt Mauck, Matt Leinart, Chris Leak, and Matt Flynn (your BCS winning QBs from 1998-2007) are impressed with how being a BCS winning QB translates to pro success. I'm not impressed with how Young led the Titans and their strong defense went to the playoffs in 2007--in spite of Vince. His 53.5 passer rating in leading the Titans to 6 points in that playoff loss was certainly impressive.

HarveyWallbangers
06-02-2009, 04:43 PM
One more for you to chew, Partial.

Tennessee scored 301 points in 2007.
Green Bay scored 419 points in 2008.

I'm thinking that one is game, set, and match. I was even surprised how huge the difference was. That's more than 7 points/game.

Bossman641
06-02-2009, 04:45 PM
One more for you to chew, Partial.

Tennessee scored 301 points in 2007.
Green Bay scored 419 points in 2008.

I don't think Partial chews on it, more like in one ear out the other.

SkinBasket
06-02-2009, 04:47 PM

Partial, all the past stuff between us aside, go fuck yourself. No one tells anyone else on this forum to "shut up." No one judges anyone else's contributions.

Someone took the time to actually debate one of your ridiculous points in a meaningful and thoughtful fashion, and this is what they get for their effort?

DonHutson
06-02-2009, 04:56 PM
The Dolphins spent a 2 or 3 on Pat White primarily to run their wildcat for a few snaps every week. So Young should be worth at least that, though his depression and this recent pissing and moaning should cast doubt on him becoming an effective leader.

cheesner
06-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Waiting on a response.

Come on, Vince Young?

He led the league in turnovers averaging 26 fumbles and 34 interceptions.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 05:06 PM

Come on P - you're taking this too seriously.

th87
06-02-2009, 05:16 PM

This is the sound of a house of cards falling down.

RashanGary
06-02-2009, 05:21 PM
CAPS...

TennesseePackerBacker
06-02-2009, 05:33 PM
CAPS...

Sadly, the only reason you are remembered any more Partial is because of your hairbrained arguements without much, if any, factual basis.

That being said, I understand why RG always sticks up for Partial. Maybe he was the one who always fought off the bullies from the weaker children(or told the teacher). Without Partial and other misinformed(yet passionate) posters, this place would just be a bunch of know-it-alls agreeing with each other.

You see, Partial is a necessary evil.

cheesner
06-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Sadly, the only reason you are remembered any more Partial is because of your hairbrained arguements without much, if any, factual basis.

That being said, I understand why RG always sticks up for Partial. Maybe he was the one who always fought off the bullies from the weaker children(or told the teacher). Without Partial and other misinformed(yet passionate) posters, this place would just be a bunch of know-it-alls agreeing with each other.

You see, Partial is a necessary evil.
I don't think people mind contrary views. I don't think people mind foolish opinions. It is when the view is contrary and foolish AND the person makes up his own facts, does not address his obvious errors, and just jumps around to other 'evidence' to support his view, that what gets people frustrated. And when it belittles a player on our favorite team, it tends to get people riled up.

ThunderDan
06-02-2009, 06:28 PM
CAPS...

Tennessee

EXHAUSTED DEFENSE... WE SCORED 16 POINTS. 16. 1-6. ONE TOUCHDOWN. ONE TOUCHDOWN ALL DAY. IS THAT DOING THERE JOB ADEQUATELY? MAYBE TO SOME, BUT I CERTAINLY DON'T THINK SO GIVEN THE RULES TO FAVOR OFFENSE IN THE NFL. WE HELD FOR TWO OF THREE POSESSIONS WHILE THE OFFENSE COULDN'T GET IT DONE... ARE WE SUPPOSED TO HOLD OUT ALL DAY?!? IS THAT THE STATUS QUO? ARE WE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE GREATEST D IN NFL HISTORY? WE GAVE UP 19 POINTS. RAVENS OF 2000 SAID IF THEY GAVE UP 17 POINTS IN A GAME THEY DID THEIR JOB VERY, VERY WELL. WE GAVE UP 19. TWO MORE. OUR OFFENSE WAS HORRIBLE AND RESULTED IN AN EXHAUSTED DEFENSE.

Minnesota

THEY SCORED 1 TOUCHDOWN YET AGAIN AND DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ALL GAME OFFENSIVELY, YET THIS IS FORGIVEN BECAUSE HE DROVE THEM DOWN IN THE END? IF NOT FOR THE D PLAYING OUT OF THEIR MINDS THEY HAD ZERO CHANCE OF BEING IN THIS GAME, BUT THAT IS FORGOTTEN BY THE HOMERS. HOW MANY GAMES ARE YOU IN AGAINST A GOOD TEAM WHEN YOU SCORE ONE BLOODY TD OFFENSIVELY? NOT MANY.

Carolina

GOOD DRIVE, THEN HE GOES IN BLOWS IT. DEFENSE SHOULD HAVE HELD, BUT IT DIDN'T. GOOD PLAYERS DON'T MAKE EXCUSES. RODGERS HAD THE BALL IN HIS HAND, IN A SITUATION WHERE YOUNG THRIVES AND WINS GAMES, AND HE FAILED TO DELIVER AND GAVE BASICALLY A SURE FIRE TOUCHDOWN TO THE OPPOSITION AS OPPOSED TO DRIVING DOWN THE FIELD AND AT LEAST GIVING THE D A CHANCE

Houston

D WAS BAD BUT WHERE WAS THE O. TRUTH BE TOLD I DON'T REMEMBER THIS GAME. HOW MANY POINTS DID WE HAVE? 20? IS THAT ENOUGH? DID THEY MOVE THE BALL WELL IN THE SECOND HALF?

Jacksonville

NO, I DON'T. I EXPECT THEM TO SUSTAIN DRIVES AND KEEP THE PRESSURE OFF THE D. THEY SCORED 16 POINTS IN THIS GAME. THEY GAVE UP 20. AGAIN, THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE CONSIDERED A GOOD O. YOU GUYS CLAIM HE'S SUCH A PREMIERE QUARTERBACK, BUT PREMIERE QBS PUT UP MORE THAN 20 POINTS AGAINST CRAPPY OPPONENTS AND THEY DON'T RELY ON THEIR DEFENSE WEEK AFTER WEEK.

YOU SAY ARENA BALL... I SAY WHERE WAS THE OFFENSE UP UNTIL THE END OF THE GAME?!? DEFENSE IS DESTINED FOR FAILURE WITH POOR OFFENSIVE PERFORMANCES LIKE THIS.

Chicago

I DON'T REMEMBER THIS GAME EITHER, HOW MANY POINTS DID WE SCORE? HOW MANY SECOND HALF DRIVES DID WE SUSTAIN? TIME OF POSESSION? SNAPS? ETC. I DON'T REMEMBER THE OFFENSE BEING ANYTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT.

17 POINTS ISN'T GOOD, ANY WAY YOU WRITE IT. THEY GAVE UP 20 TOTAL IN 5 QUARTERS. AGAIN, THE BEST DEFENSE OF ALL TIME SAID GIVING UP 17 IS A GREAT DAY. HOW MANY POINTS IS THE D ON OUR OFFENSIVE-CENTRIC TEAM SUPPOSED TO GIVE UP? 2? 3? 4?

Tennessee-

Their D average 14.6 ppg and 293 ygp, so we score 16 which is better than average and net (not gross) 390 yards.

Minnesota-

We got our asses handed to us all day. GB scored 13 against a team averaging 20.8

Carolina-

We score 31 against a team that averaged 20.6 point against and scored 21 ponts alone in the 2nd half. We racked up 438 net yards.

Houston-

We scored 21 points against a team that averaged 24.6 points against. We netted 387 yards that game. The Houston offense netted 549 yards.

Jacksonville-

We scored 16 points against a team that averaged 22.9 points against. GB did net 338 yards which is right at the Jaguars average.

Chicago-

We scored 17 points against a team that averaged 21.9 points against. I blame this loss on MM for taking the ball out of Rodgers hand in the 2nd half. GB netted 221 yards in the first half and scored 14 points. We became ultra conservative in the 2nd half and J Bush muffed a punt to set-up the Bears deep for the 1st TD in the 3rd Q. We completely dominated Chicago for 7 quarters last year.

ThunderDan
06-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Two last items.

Only 4 teams scored more point against Tennesse all year. The Colts did it twice. And they were 34, 23, 21 and 17.

How they hell did we give up over 500 yards to Houston?

RashanGary
06-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Exactly, this is a PACKER forum. Of course you're going to find people who take exception to knocking our QB or our GM.

And we all play by a set of rules. When you're wrong, it's common courtesy to give the other guy props. We all do that. Partial just gives a switcharoo instead. I've had frustrated moments in the past with people who do that so I understand how Partial's obvious but annoying act could get old.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-02-2009, 07:06 PM
From PFT

Those numbers mean nothing. Wins and losses are all that matter.

Being on the bench most of last season means nothing as well.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-02-2009, 07:09 PM

Vernon Davis is quite the athlete as well.

We can only wish that Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning had his athletic ability.

Think of what they coulda accomplished. Ty weeps for them.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-02-2009, 07:11 PM

I think you are proving his partial's point. Three fucking losses. I can't believe anyone thought he was a winner.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-02-2009, 07:19 PM
CAPS...

RG,

I admire that you have values, even if i dont' agree with them. But, c'mon. Sad?

This is the old joke of the frog and the scorpion. You can't be sad/upset/suprised when the scorp stings you.

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer...and which ever one partial is to you, realize that he is going to knife you.

retailguy
06-02-2009, 07:22 PM
CAPS...

RG,

I admire that you have values, even if i dont' agree with them. But, c'mon. Sad?

This is the old joke of the frog and the scorpion. You can't be sad/upset/suprised when the scorp stings you.

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer...and which ever one partial is to you, realize that he is going to knife you.

If there were an icon for frustration, I'd have used it. But there isn't, so I got as close as I could. It was disappointing.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-02-2009, 07:27 PM
CAPS...

RG,

If there were an icon for frustration, I'd have used it. But there isn't, so I got as close as I could. It was disappointing.

Ty often is described as being a "glass is half empty" kinda guy. You, imho, are a "glass is half full" kinda guy.

Sometimes, this is the result of being a half full guy.

You are the lawyer winning the legal argument, but, you still have a scumbag for a client.

TheCheese
06-02-2009, 09:15 PM
I can't believe what this guy is arguing.

Last year our offense was ranked 5th is points scored while our defense was ranked 22nd.

In 2007 our offense was ranked 4th while our defense was ranked 6th.

One team was 6-10 while the other team was 13-3.

How could anyone say last year our offense was the problem?

Ok here is someone with some credibility on the subject. This is a quote from AJ Hawk from an article on yahoo.

“The offense wasn’t the problem,” said Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk(notes). “It was us as a defense. We were giving up too many points, too many rushing yards – everything. It was our fault for going 6-10.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtzcONCtKrp20L6RQEzHTnBDubYF?slug=cr-packersdefense060109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Now Partial if AJ said this to your face would you still argue with him?

Every team in the league would be happy having a 5th ranked offense. That's why I'm so stoked for this year because once again our offense is going to around the same ranking but I got a great feeling about our defense. Can't wait for the season to start.

Partial
06-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Do you really think AJ Hawk is going to come out and say the offense wasn't good enough and pass the buck? :?:

TheCheese
06-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Do you really think AJ Hawk is going to come out and say the offense wasn't good enough and pass the buck? :?:

Of course he isn't he going to say that. He knows last year the offense wasn't the problem.

SkinBasket
06-02-2009, 09:30 PM
And on we go like nothing ever happened...

TheCheese
06-02-2009, 09:30 PM
It's laughable that you are bitching about our 5th ranked offense but yet you let our 22nd ranked defense slide. Why?

Partial
06-02-2009, 09:31 PM

Of course he isn't he going to say that. He knows last year the offense wasn't the problem.

Dude, as I pointed out numerous times, there were plenty of games the Packers lost because of bad defense and bad offense. I'm of the believe the two typically go hand in hand as a matter of fact.

Chevelle2
06-02-2009, 09:40 PM

Dude, as I pointed out numerous times, there were plenty of games the Packers lost because of bad defense and bad offense. I'm of the believe the two typically go hand in hand as a matter of fact.

How old are you; what is your profession?

TheCheese
06-02-2009, 10:28 PM

Ok let's see if you would like to answer this question. Of last year responsibility of our 6-10 record, what was more to blame, the offense or the defense?

Partial
06-02-2009, 10:34 PM
50/50.

cpk1994
06-02-2009, 10:38 PM
50/50.That is what is called a cop-out.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-02-2009, 10:49 PM

Of course he wouldn't.

He would rather blame the defense...the guys he plays with, the guys he spends most of his time with. :roll:

I see, manning up and telling the truth is now passing the buck.

Yet, if Arod said the defense has really improved this year or sucked last year or said the defense wasn't the problem....you would say he was passing the buck or not manning up.

God, help your employer.

TheCheese
06-02-2009, 10:50 PM

Hah yup, what a joke.

Partial
06-02-2009, 10:52 PM

? I've stated my reasons for this numerous times.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-02-2009, 10:52 PM

How old are you; what is your profession?

Age doesn't matter.

As for profession, partial says he is a software developer or something like that.

All Ty knows is the used car market lost a natural. You can't teach what partial does..it really is a gift.

Partial
06-02-2009, 10:54 PM

Of course he wouldn't.

He would rather blame the defense...the guys he plays with, the guys he spends most of his time with. :roll:

Yet, if Arod said the defense has really improved this year or sucked last year or said the defense wasn't the problem....you would say he was passing the buck or not manning up.

God, help your employer.

My employer is quite satisfied..

If you really truly believe a character guy is going to go to the media and blame the O when they have/had A) an offensive coach, B) a new quarterback... I simply don't know what to think.. No way will that ever, ever, ever happen. Some crazy guy might do it, but AJ Hawk? Nah..

It's motivating his teammates and challenging them to do better. He didn't call out a specific person the way that calling out the O would be calling out the QB (since you said he's the leader of the team)

Chevelle2
06-02-2009, 11:00 PM
If you really truly believe a character guy is going to go to the media and blame the O
Brett Favre after Rodgers was drafted: "I was hoping we would get some defensive help" on NFL LIVE

Partial
06-02-2009, 11:14 PM
If you really truly believe a character guy is going to go to the media and blame the O
Brett Favre after Rodgers was drafted: "I was hoping we would get some defensive help" on NFL LIVE

I don't see at all how that is the same thing.

Favre is a veteran, they spent a #1 on a 3rd stringer for the year essentially. I'd be a little irritated, too.

With that said, I don't think Favre should have said that. I still don't think it's necessarily comparable, though.

TheCheese
06-02-2009, 11:32 PM

Of course he wouldn't.

God, help your employer.

If you really truly believe a character guy is going to go to the media and blame the O when they have/had A) an offensive coach, B) a new quarterback... I simply don't know what to think.. No way will that ever, ever, ever happen. Some crazy guy might do it, but AJ Hawk? Nah..

It's motivating his teammates and challenging them to do better. He didn't call out a specific person the way that calling out the O would be calling out the QB (since you said he's the leader of the team)

You are missing the damn point. He isn't holding anything back because hes telling the truth. The defense was the reason why we were 6-10 last year. That is what hes stating. Hes not going to blame the offense because the offense wasn't the main reason why our record was what it was. Do you understand that point? How the fuck can he blame the offense when it was ranked 5? Fucking 5 while his unit was ranked 22nd.

Partial
06-03-2009, 12:12 AM
So, if the offense is ranked #1 because it scores 10000 points in two games and wins, but doesn't score any points the rest of the season, is that a good offense?

Please answer the question.

TheCheese
06-03-2009, 12:33 AM
MIN 19 @ GB 24
GB 48 @ DET 25
DAL 27 @ GB 16
GB 21 @ TB 30
ATL 27 @ GB 24
GB 27 @ SEA 17
IND 14 @ GB 34
GB 16 @ TEN 19
GB 27 @ MIN 28
CHI 3 @ GB 37
GB 29 @ NO 51
CAR 35 @ GB 31
HOU 24 @ GB 21
GB 16 @ JAC 20
GB 17 @ CHI 20
DET 21 @ GB 31

Looks pretty fucking consistent to me. Your point is invalid.

MJZiggy
06-03-2009, 06:14 AM
So, if the offense is ranked #1 because it scores 10000 points in two games and wins, but doesn't score any points the rest of the season, is that a good offense?

Please answer the question.

There's logic that MIGHT apply to the Lions this year. It has nothing to do with reality for the Packers. The Packers are not a bad team. Top 5 is not a bad offense and 4K yards is NOT a bad season for a QB EVEN FOR A VETERAN. Rodgers did his job. He played the game he was asked to play and did it very well. If (Lombardi forbid) he were to blow for the next 4-5 years, you might have an argument, but at this point, you don't. He did his job and did it well.

Let's look at your question another way. If the defense is ranked 25th and gives up 10,000 late points, but holds great in 2 games, is that an acceptable defense. Hmmm...wonder why they changed the whole defensive scheme and fired the defensive coaches, but left the offense pretty much alone. Chew on that for a little while. Actually THINK about that.

Partial
06-03-2009, 06:44 AM
MIN 19 @ GB 24
GB 48 @ DET 25
DAL 27 @ GB 16
GB 21 @ TB 30
ATL 27 @ GB 24
GB 27 @ SEA 17
IND 14 @ GB 34
GB 16 @ TEN 19
GB 27 @ MIN 28
CHI 3 @ GB 37
GB 29 @ NO 51
CAR 35 @ GB 31
HOU 24 @ GB 21
GB 16 @ JAC 20
GB 17 @ CHI 20
DET 21 @ GB 31

And thats why you're not an actuarary :lol: I don't see much consistency at all!!!

But thats really stupid and short sighted...

Second Minnesota game that offense scored a TD early and was TERRIBLE the entire rest of the game. If not for the D and Special Teams making HUGE plays we didn't have any business being in the game. How can you possibly argue the D is what let the O down in this game.

21 points against the Texans... pretty underwhelming....

16 points against Jacksonville.... awful... Jacksonville was not very good this year and we couldn't take advantage of this....

17 points against Chicago.... awful....

16 points against Tennessee.... awful... given that we were sustaining some pretty decent drives and couldn't convert

It is these five games that ultimately killed the season. You cannot blame the D exclusively when the offense is putting up so few points.

The D did a pretty damn good job in every one of these games when looking at the game as a whole except against the Texans, where they were awful from a yardage perspective, but still realistically kept it close enough that we had an opportunity to win it at the end, which is all you can really ask for when your an offensive centric team. This isn't a team with a billion dollars and draft picks invested into the D. It is unreasonable to expect them to be perfect week in and week out.

Fritz
06-03-2009, 06:58 AM

Of course he wouldn't.

God, help your employer.

I see Partial's emploer lying in bed, leaning back against the headboard, taking a long drag on a Lucky Strike . . .

Partial
06-03-2009, 07:01 AM
There's logic that MIGHT apply to the Lions this year. It has nothing to do with reality for the Packers. The Packers are not a bad team. Top 5 is not a bad offense and 4K yards is NOT a bad season for a QB EVEN FOR A VETERAN. Rodgers did his job. He played the game he was asked to play and did it very well. If (Lombardi forbid) he were to blow for the next 4-5 years, you might have an argument, but at this point, you don't. He did his job and did it well.

Let's look at your question another way. If the defense is ranked 25th and gives up 10,000 late points, but holds great in 2 games, is that an acceptable defense. Hmmm...wonder why they changed the whole defensive scheme and fired the defensive coaches, but left the offense pretty much alone. Chew on that for a little while. Actually THINK about that.

As I've stated, the Packers are inconsistent on offense, and to quote Katy Perry have been either "Hot or they're cold"?

They changed the D because you can't go and fire a coach that went to the championship game the year before :wink: MM is a good offensive coach, but the offensive performance was not good last year.

In the 'fatal 5' game stretch that ultimately killed the Packers, they gave up...

19, 21, 20, 20, 28.

In those games, we scored x amount of offensive TDs..

1, 1, 3, 1, 2

That's 1.6 touchdowns per game, or 11.2 points from touchdowns in a game. Not very good. Had just one field goal per game been turned into a TD during that stretch, this is a playoff team, and we wouldn't have needed late game heroics from both the offense and defense.

How can you say I don't have an argument when the inconsistent Packers spent a 5 game stretch where they averaged 11.2 points per game from touchdowns... That's beyond awful.

Consequently, during that time, we forced the following turnovers....
2, 0, 4, 3, 0

1.5 forced turnovers per game

During that time, we gave away the following turnovers....

2, 0, 1, 1, 2 with Rodgers playing a role in most of those.

With that said, the defense gave us a +3 turnover ratio, yet we still only managed to score a few points. What gives?!?

Forcing 1.5 turnovers a game is pretty damn good imo.

HarveyWallbangers
06-03-2009, 07:47 AM
MIN 19 @ GB 24
GB 48 @ DET 25
DAL 27 @ GB 16
GB 21 @ TB 30
ATL 27 @ GB 24
GB 27 @ SEA 17
IND 14 @ GB 34
GB 16 @ TEN 19
GB 27 @ MIN 28
CHI 3 @ GB 37
GB 29 @ NO 51
CAR 35 @ GB 31
HOU 24 @ GB 21
GB 16 @ JAC 20
GB 17 @ CHI 20
DET 21 @ GB 31

And thats why you're not an actuarary :lol: I don't see much consistency at all!!!

Actually, that's pretty damn consistent. The fewest points we scored were 16.

I suppose you like Vince Young's consistency more?

@ JAC 13
IND 20
@ NO 31
ATL 20
@ TB 10
OAK 13
CAR 20
JAC 13
@ DEN 20
@ CIN 6
HOU 28
SD 17
@ KC 26
NYJ 10
@SD 6

In "his" playoff year of 2007 his offenses scored 13 or fewer points in 7 of the 15 games that he was the primary QB. Yeah, I'd say never scoring fewer than 16 is really inconsistent.
:crazy:

pbmax
06-03-2009, 08:06 AM
50/50.
And now we have our answer, he must be smoking
:smk:

ThunderDan
06-03-2009, 08:25 AM
16 points against Tennessee.... awful... given that we were sustaining some pretty decent drives and couldn't convert

Apparently you choose to ignore my post. The Packers scored 16 points against a team that averaged 14 points against a game.

These are the points the Tennessee gave up:

Only one team had more net yards against the Titans than the Packers. GB netted 390 the NYJ netted 409. A 19 yard difference.

I guess you don't realize how dominant the Titans defense was.

Partial
06-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Wow, I put together a well thought out post with actual numbers and Harv da troll as of late completely ignores it to post more north korea style propaganda. I lost a lot of respect for you bangers.

HarveyWallbangers
06-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Wow, I put together a well thought out post with actual numbers and Harv da troll as of late completely ignores it to post more north korea style propaganda. I lost a lot of respect for you bangers.

Way to make it personally.

BTW, I've never said it was entirely the defense. I'd say it's 10% teams, 20% offense, and 70% defense. If the defense had even been average stopping teams late, the Packers have a winning record.

I think it's unreasonable to expect the offense to have to make two game winning comebacks in the last 6 minutes of games so often. That I blame on the defense. Rodgers did a fantastic job of bringing the Packers back in the second half of the 4th quarter in a lot of games. He just didn't do it much in the last two minutes. Then again, when he did do it, either the defense still gave up a late score (once or twice) or the kicker missed a FG (twice). Many people (probably not Partial still) would look at Rodgers late game heroics differently if the defense had made more stops or Crosby had made one or both of those kicks.

Defenses have an advantage late in those situations. More times than not, the defense will hold late. Just look at Brett Favre's record in a games the Packers trailed by less than a TD in the 4th quarter. Well under .500. Hell, a good offense will score 3 TDs and 1 FG on average in a game, and a team usually has at least 12 possessions. Thus, the rate at which a team scores on a drive is probably somewhere around 25%. For the defense to give up the winning score in 6 of 7 games in the last 6 minutes of a close game is just horrible.

Partial
06-03-2009, 10:34 AM

Apparently you choose to ignore my post. The Packers scored 16 points against a team that averaged 14 points against a game.

Only one team had more net yards against the Titans than the Packers. GB netted 390 the NYJ netted 409. A 19 yard difference.

I absolutely recognize it. I also recognize Tenn was off their game that day and we had a prime opportunity but couldn't step on their throat.

Scott Campbell
06-03-2009, 10:40 AM
I also recognize Tenn was off their game that day (excuse)...................

ThunderDan
06-03-2009, 10:47 AM

I absolutely recognize it. I also recognize Tenn was off their game that day and we had a prime opportunity but couldn't step on their throat.

How about Rodgers and the Packers offense played extremely well against a dominant defense? No that could have never happended.

Gunakor
06-03-2009, 10:50 AM
I also recognize Tenn was off their game that day and we had a prime opportunity but couldn't step on their throat.

What do you mean when you say Tennessee was off their game that day? What didn't they do against Green Bay that they did against everyone else last year?

Bossman641
06-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Wow, we put together well thought out posts with actual numbers and Partial completely ignores them to post more myth-based propaganda. We've lost a lot of respect for you Partial.

Bossman641
06-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Defenses have an advantage late in those situations. More times than not, the defense will hold late. Just look at Brett Favre's record in a games the Packers trailed by less than a TD in the 4th quarter. Well under .500. Hell, a good offense will score 3 TDs and 1 FG on average in a game, and a team usually has at least 12 possessions. Thus, the rate at which a team scores on a drive is probably somewhere around 25%. For the defense to give up the winning score in 6 of 7 games in the last 6 minutes of a close game is just horrible.

Didn't Favre once go through a 1.5 or 2 year period where he didn't have a single 4th quarter comeback. I am about 99% sure he had a really long stretch a few years back where this occurred.

Scott Campbell
06-03-2009, 11:08 AM

BOMNF

cpk1994
06-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Wow, I put together a well thought out post with actual numbers and Harv da troll as of late completely ignores it to post more north korea style propaganda. I lost a lot of respect for you bangers.Pot meet kettle...

cpk1994
06-03-2009, 11:47 AM

I absolutely recognize it. I also recognize Tenn was off their game that day and we had a prime opportunity but couldn't step on their throat.And the BS goes on do doo do do do do doo the BS goes on.... /Sonny and Cher

Patler
06-03-2009, 12:18 PM
In the 'fatal 5' game stretch that ultimately killed the Packers, they gave up...

19, 21, 20, 20, 28.

In those games, we scored x amount of offensive TDs..

1, 1, 3, 1, 2

That's 1.6 touchdowns per game, or 11.2 points from touchdowns in a game. Not very good. Had just one field goal per game been turned into a TD during that stretch, this is a playoff team, and we wouldn't have needed late game heroics from both the offense and defense.

How can you say I don't have an argument when the inconsistent Packers spent a 5 game stretch where they averaged 11.2 points per game from touchdowns... That's beyond awful.

Consequently, during that time, we forced the following turnovers....
2, 0, 4, 3, 0

1.5 forced turnovers per game

During that time, we gave away the following turnovers....

2, 0, 1, 1, 2 with Rodgers playing a role in most of those.

With that said, the defense gave us a +3 turnover ratio, yet we still only managed to score a few points. What gives?!?

Forcing 1.5 turnovers a game is pretty damn good imo.

The above post demonstrates many of the reasons that I rarely engage in a discussion that you are involved in. I really have a hard time following any logic that you may have. In no particular order of importance, I offer the following comments on this and other recent posts by you:

1. Yes, its better to score TDs, but total points is more important; and fieldgoals DO count you know! :)

2. Rodgers "played a major role" in most of the Packer turnovers in a select number of games. What a shocking discovery! When does a QB NOT usually factor into most of the offensive turnovers? Generally the QB has far more interceptions alone than any other player has turnovers. Often the QB's interception total is greater than the fumbles that the rest of the offensive players have combined. It is not uncommon for the QB to be among the leaders, if not THE leader on offense in fumbles. Its the nature of the position, the fact he handles the ball on every play, and the inherent risks in the plays he is asked to execute. Yet you throw in that little phrase in as if it is a negative on Rodgers' performance.

3. Basically, you offer an excuse for every failure by the defense, but accept none for the offense.

4. The defense gets tired, but the offense didn't, apparently ever. (This is an argument many fail to recognize) You criticized Rodgers for "blowing it" when he couldn't muster yet another scoring drive after directing a drive that lasted 9:13 to take the lead with 2 minutes remaining, which the defense coughed up in just 27 seconds. Rodgers threw for 3 TDs that game. In the second half the offense scored on 4 consecutive possessions, every possesion they had until the last one. He was 4/4 on scoring/possessions up to that point. 20 points in the second half. Yet Rodgers "blew it" in your words. I could almost accept some of your other arguments if you would fess up to realities in some, like this one, and admit that the offense did everything that should have been expected of them, and that loss was squarely on the rest of the team in this game.

5. Driving the team to a winning fieldgoal attempt at the end of the game is a successful performance by the QB in that situation, most of the time. Once a team gets into FG range, it usually becomes conservative, not wanting to squander the opportunity with a risky play. We saw MM do that several times, both when FGs were missed to lose the game, and when FGs were made to take a lead, only to have the D give it right back.

6. I'm tired of typing, so I'll quit!

Partial
06-03-2009, 12:34 PM

We were moving the ball at will but couldn't convert yards into points.

Patler
06-03-2009, 01:14 PM

Not exactly true:

Scoring Drives:
63 yards
71 yards
74 yards
51 yards

Nonscoring drives:
-5 yards
36 yards (started at the GB 20)
17 yards
35 yards (stared at the GB 30, ended with an interception)
-10 yards
14 yards
39 yards (started at the GB 18)

It is more accurate to say they moved the ball inconsistently. On the four drives in which they moved the ball they got points (accounted for 259 yards). On 4 drives they did not move the ball well at all (getting -5, 17, -10 and 14 yards, 16 total), on one drive they had going (35 yards), an interception was thrown (I honestly do not remember the details of it) another drive (36 yards) was lost on downs (Finley dropped the 4th-and-1 throw). Their last possession started at their 18, they picked up two first downs, and punted. Their 7 non-scoring drives netted just 126 yards.

Hardly a game of moving the ball at will, but failing to convert yards into points.

Fritz
06-03-2009, 02:46 PM

Not exactly true:

Scoring Drives:
63 yards
71 yards
74 yards
51 yards

Nonscoring drives:
-5 yards
36 yards (started at the GB 20)
17 yards
35 yards (stared at the GB 30, ended with an interception)
-10 yards
14 yards
39 yards (started at the GB 18)

It is more accurate to say they moved the ball inconsistently. On the four drives in which they moved the ball they got points (accounted for 259 yards). On 4 drives they did not move the ball well at all (getting -5, 17, -10 and 14 yards, 16 total), on one drive they had going (35 yards), an interception was thrown (I honestly do not remember the details of it) another drive (36 yards) was lost on downs (Finley dropped the 4th-and-1 throw). Their last possession started at their 18, they picked up two first downs, and punted. Their 7 non-scoring drives netted just 126 yards.

Hardly a game of moving the ball at will, but failing to convert yards into points.

Patler, I believe you've unraveled Partial at will, but will fail to convert him to a logical use of facts.

Scott Campbell
06-03-2009, 03:08 PM

Not exactly true:

I like to say - Partially true. :lol:

Bossman641
06-03-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm just excited to see where Partial takes this argument next. He just got Patlerized, so it's time to switch courses.

TheCheese
06-03-2009, 03:53 PM
MIN 19 @ GB 24
GB 48 @ DET 25
DAL 27 @ GB 16
GB 21 @ TB 30
ATL 27 @ GB 24
GB 27 @ SEA 17
IND 14 @ GB 34
GB 16 @ TEN 19
GB 27 @ MIN 28
CHI 3 @ GB 37
GB 29 @ NO 51
CAR 35 @ GB 31
HOU 24 @ GB 21
GB 16 @ JAC 20
GB 17 @ CHI 20
DET 21 @ GB 31

But thats really stupid and short sighted...

Second Minnesota game that offense scored a TD early and was TERRIBLE the entire rest of the game. If not for the D and Special Teams making HUGE plays we didn't have any business being in the game. How can you possibly argue the D is what let the O down in this game.

21 points against the Texans... pretty underwhelming....

16 points against Jacksonville.... awful... Jacksonville was not very good this year and we couldn't take advantage of this....

17 points against Chicago.... awful....

It is these five games that ultimately killed the season. You cannot blame the D exclusively when the offense is putting up so few points.

The D did a pretty damn good job in every one of these games when looking at the game as a whole except against the Texans, where they were awful from a yardage perspective, but still realistically kept it close enough that we had an opportunity to win it at the end, which is all you can really ask for when your an offensive centric team. This isn't a team with a billion dollars and draft picks invested into the D. It is unreasonable to expect them to be perfect week in and week out.

Do you know what the word consistent means? Those offensive scores are very consistent the whole season. How do you not see that? Talk about stupid and short sighted, really, you attempted to insinuate that our offense was skewed because a couple of games where our offense scored a shit load of points and the rest they performed poorly. I showed you that that is not the case. I posted our whole schedule and the offensive scores were definitely consistent with each other. Again, your horrible point is invalid.

Also, how do we not have a lot invested in our defense? Seriously the shit you say is just that, shit.

First round draft picks over the last few years.

2003 - Nick Barnett - Defense
2004 - Ahmed Carrol - Defense
2005 - Aaron Rodgers - Offense
2006 - AJ Hawk - Defense
2007 - Justin Harrell Defense

Not to mention 2009 where both our first rounders were on defense. Excluding Carrol because hes now gone, 3 out of 4 of our first round picks for the 2008 season are on defense. For the upcoming season it's now 5 out of 6 first rounders are on defense.

And our biggest free agent signings of the last few years or so with Charles Woodson and Ryan Pickett, guess what, defense.

With that being said, it is apparent there is more invested in the defense than there is in offense, which blasts your point about not being able to expect our defense to perform at our high level. Yet you expect our offense to be near perfect even though more has been invested in our defense. Once again your point is invalid.

Fritz
06-03-2009, 05:55 PM
You Cannot Argue with Partial. He works like Big Brother.

Monday: We're fighting Oceana. We hate Oceana.

Tuesday: We're fighting Eurasia, and Oceana is our ally. We love Oceana.

A few shots of Victory Gin and you won't care any more, believe me.

And if that doesn't work, Room 101 is down the hall and to the left.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-03-2009, 09:50 PM

Of course he wouldn't.

God, help your employer.

I see Partial's emploer lying in bed, leaning back against the headboard, taking a long drag on a Lucky Strike . . .

I see Partial's employer hat in hand asking for a bailout.

Obama to said boss, "look, we like you, we like your management team, you got a good product.....we are going to bail you out, but you gotta fired Partial."

Partial
06-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Partial has a job because of his ability to think different(tm). Some of you guys should try it instead of being closed-minded homers.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Partial has a job because of his ability to think different(tm). Some of you guys should try it instead of being closed-minded homers.

Yes, we know your are a bright and shining snowflake. We celebrate your difference. :oops:

Lurker64
06-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Partial has a job because of his ability to think different(tm). "

Apparently you don't have a job because of your mastery of adverbs. Apple's original advertising campaign used "Different" as a "fanciful category" analogous to "think local" "think green" or "think change."

Technically what you want to say there is "your ability to think differently."

Amusingly, I have a job because of my ability to be pedantic.

KYPack
06-03-2009, 10:47 PM

Oh no.

Room 101, I know what's in there.

We all do.

pbmax
06-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Oh no.

We all do.
Joe Theismann :satan:

cpk1994
06-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Partial has a job because of his ability to think different(tm). Some of you guys should try it instead of being closed-minded homers.Pot calling kettle. Come in kettle.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Partial has a job because of his ability to think different(tm). "

Apparently you don't have a job because of your mastery of adverbs. Apple's original advertising campaign used "Different" as a "fanciful category" analogous to "think local" "think green" or "think change."

Technically what you want to say there is "your ability to think differently."

Amusingly, I have a job because of my ability to be pedantic.

I don't say it often, but that was done masterfull. :wink:

Fritz
06-04-2009, 07:02 AM

Oh no.

We all do.
Joe Theismann :satan:

For you, it's Joe Theisman.

For Partial, it's probably Aaron Rodgers.

For me, it's Tony Kornheiser.

SkinBasket
06-04-2009, 08:19 AM

http://namecriticscam.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/irony.jpg

Actually, I can't decide if using the world's trendiest company's ad slogan to demonstrate how "different" your thought process is and how open minded you are is ironic or just plain stupid.

Do you also laud how unique you are when you obey your thirst by drinking sprite? Maybe you tell the world to go screw itself when you have it your way at Burger King?

Fritz
06-04-2009, 11:35 AM

http://namecriticscam.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/irony.jpg

Actually, I can't decide if using the world's trendiest company's ad slogan to demonstrate how "different" your thought process is and how open minded you are is ironic or just plain stupid.

Do you also laud how unique you are when you obey your thirst by drinking sprite? Maybe you tell the world to go screw itself when you have it your way at Burger King?

When I first glanced at your post, Skin, I thought maybe Burger King had a a new slogan.

I think it could work - that crazy Burger King character flipping people off, doing a drunk college girl at a frat party, stealing a car and smoking a big ol' fatboy.

You know that Burger King dude is a bad boy at heart.

Scott Campbell
06-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I want to be completely different - a one of a kind ground breaker that marches to the beat of my own drum. Just like this guy:

http://www.harikari.com/images/2006/09/dress_mac_01.jpg

Fritz
06-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Hey, isn't that the dude who's dating Drew Barrymore?

See, if he's got a chance, I have a chance.