PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone miss the moderators?

sheepshead
06-02-2009, 02:34 PM
I sure as hell don't!

SkinBasket
06-02-2009, 02:35 PM
I miss Zool. That guy was funny.

MJZiggy
06-02-2009, 02:43 PM
I sure as hell don't!

That was helpful.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 02:53 PM
I sure as hell don't!

Pssssst...........they're all still here.

And for the record, I appreciate their efforts.

sheepshead
06-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Yeah, but theyre not acting like Hitler youth and the place seems to running swimmingly.

(oh, was that just short of another MJ scolding? save it please)

Harlan Huckleby
06-02-2009, 03:32 PM
I miss Zool. That guy was funny.

His death was so sudden, I'm still in shock. He was so full of life, able to express so much bitterness in one-line posts.

First Madtown, now Zool. When will the sorrows end? What sort of God gives life then snatches it back so randomly? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Joemailman
06-02-2009, 04:27 PM
We had moderators?

Zool
06-02-2009, 04:30 PM
I miss me. I used to be much more angry and cynical than I am lately. I promise to try and get back to the old me ASAP. Anyone have a girl they'd like to introduce me to. Sorta get the ball rolling?

RashanGary
06-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Zool has become much funnier since losing the admin power.

But no, the fewer moderators the better. Plus, other than zool they were all Favre lovers (and one sherman lover) :)

I'm a libertarian so by nature, I don't like all that power trippin authority.

Administrator
06-02-2009, 07:47 PM
I'd like to thank the moderators that served here and helped develop the place. We wouldn't have it if it wasn't for folks like that, and I think this is a great forum. I'm glad to be here.

Sad that the topic came up this way, but it is proof that you can't please everyone.

Moderators are probably necessary. We'll most likely have some again at some point. I'm trying to do this on my own right now as I try to get up to speed, but I can't read everything by myself forever. Right now, I'm trying to understand the personalities here. That helps to try to run the place. It takes me away from trying to develop and add new things though too. So, it's a double edged sword.

I give much more latitude to things behind the closed doors. But this is probably pushing it. If this were in the packers forum it'd be gone. It probably ought to be gone because it attacks volunteers, which I don't think is ever a good idea. If you're unhappy with a volunteer, you don't trash them, you thank them for their time and move on....

Sheepshead, you've probably only got a problem with one or two of 'em but that's not the point. what should this tell me about your personality?

Freak Out
06-02-2009, 07:49 PM
I miss me. I used to be much more angry and cynical than I am lately. I promise to try and get back to the old me ASAP. Anyone have a girl they'd like to introduce me to. Sorta get the ball rolling?

He was such a nice boy until he picked up that guitar.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah, but theyre not acting like Hitler youth and the place seems to running swimmingly.

(oh, was that just short of another MJ scolding? save it please)

I find this appalling.

All the moderators were worthy of high ranking officer positions. No, they certainly weren't as good as Hitler, but certainly speer, goebbels, himmler.

You owe them an apology.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 08:08 PM
If you're unhappy with a volunteer, you don't trash them, you thank them for their time and move on....

Dude - a couple of us just thanked these guys for their time. Now what the hell are they going to think? :lol:

Administrator
06-02-2009, 08:10 PM
If you're unhappy with a volunteer, you don't trash them, you thank them for their time and move on....

Dude - a couple of us just thanked these guys for their time. Now what the hell are they going to think? :lol:

:shock: Well, hopefully from me, they'll respect it. From you, um, not so sure. :oops: :wink:

sheepshead
06-02-2009, 08:21 PM
I'd like to thank the moderators that served here and helped develop the place. We wouldn't have it if it wasn't for folks like that, and I think this is a great forum. I'm glad to be here.

Sad that the topic came up this way, but it is proof that you can't please everyone.

Moderators are probably necessary. We'll most likely have some again at some point. I'm trying to do this on my own right now as I try to get up to speed, but I can't read everything by myself forever. Right now, I'm trying to understand the personalities here. That helps to try to run the place. It takes me away from trying to develop and add new things though too. So, it's a double edged sword.

I give much more latitude to things behind the closed doors. But this is probably pushing it. If this were in the packers forum it'd be gone. It probably ought to be gone because it attacks volunteers, which I don't think is ever a good idea. If you're unhappy with a volunteer, you don't trash them, you thank them for their time and move on....

Sheepshead, you've probably only got a problem with one or two of 'em but that's not the point. what should this tell me about your personality?

See above. It was a bad system with over zealous characters and fair-haired whack jobs.
My "personality" should have nothing to do with forming rules and regulations here.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 08:29 PM

Do you miss being a mod? How bout Bretsky and RG - do you guys miss it?

RashanGary
06-02-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm sure you'll do your best appointing mods. Oh man, it's been so nice without them though.

The shitty thing is that the biggest control freaks are the ones who are always lobbying for these types of positions. Once they get them, it's bound to turn into a disaster even though I"m sure it's all done iwth the best intentions. You know the names of those who can't live and let live. RG (decent person, but I always feel like he's trying to control the situation), 007 (shudder), etc. . . Always in the ear of management, always complaining. I can't even imagine how many PM's poor admin is getting from these controlling types. They all want to make sure he's got their interest in mind.

I say jsut ignore posts you don't like, ignore threads with topics you don't like and post on things you do like. There, we're all in control of our own day. We CHOOSE to be miserable or happy. We CHOOSE to post what we want or read what we want.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 08:40 PM
This thread officially blows.

GrnBay007
06-02-2009, 08:49 PM
007 (shudder), etc. . . Always in the ear of management, always complaining. I can't even imagine how many PM's poor admin is getting from these controlling types.

JH, you would do much better around here if you only talked about stuff you knew as FACT.

No idea why you have a problem with me and feel the need to keep bringing my name up .........so I will repeat the little quote like when you called me a witch a couple days ago...

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life." ~Eric Hoffer

Glad you are so content in your little world of hate.

And for the record, any time you were ever called out on this forum by admin (or anyone else for that matter) that had anything to do with me, it was not due to me complaining.....it was due to you going overboard with your digs and harassment. Grow up!!

RashanGary
06-02-2009, 08:52 PM
And for the record, I like everyone here. Even RG who admittedly hates a man he doesn't know. He's doing his best deep down, I know that. Even 007, who you cannot see an ounce of kindness or good in. Deep down, I'm sure 007 doing the best she can.

We're all here doing our best. Sometimes we don't understand each other. I just listed two that I can't understand very well. I feel like controlling people and things is bad because it hurts other people but some people probably feel like it's needed because their experiences lead them to believe they have to control people or things. It's not a right or wrong thing It's a different/understanding thing.

It's nothing to get angry about. It's nothing to fight about. That's how I feel. I'm sure there are things about me you two don't understand too.

Partial
06-02-2009, 08:57 PM
The mods have been awesome, from the triumvirate of Mad, Nutz and I, to the next gen of Bretsky 007 and RG.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Am I crazy, or are the guys that hate moderation inadvertently making a case for stronger moderation?

:lol:

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 09:01 PM
The mods have been awesome, from the triumvirate of Mad, Nutz and I, to the next gen of Bretsky 007 and RG.

Psssst. You forgot Zool.

HarveyWallbangers
06-02-2009, 09:11 PM

http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FBV/2EJ0/FSZSLHQ5/FBV2EJ0FSZSLHQ5.MEDIUM.jpg

SkinBasket
06-02-2009, 09:28 PM

http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FBV/2EJ0/FSZSLHQ5/FBV2EJ0FSZSLHQ5.MEDIUM.jpg

You are a naughty naughty boy.

RashanGary
06-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Glad you are so content in your little world of hate.

I love you 007. I believe all people are good in their hearts even if their actions are hurtful.

RashanGary
06-02-2009, 09:46 PM
And for the record, even though I believe very strongly in live and let live, I really appreciate the effort the mods gave. We're all here to have fun and those guys/gals were taking the shit everyone gives when something doesn't go just as they expect it. I've been there giving the shit and you know what, I didn't realize that I was being hurtful the times way back when that I complained. I was trying to do what I thought was right.

RashanGary
06-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Am I crazy, or are the guys that hate moderation inadvertently making a case for stronger moderation?

:lol:

Why is that, because we have opinions? This is a pretty long standing community. We spend enough time here to have opinions. When people start flooding the Packer room or flooding any of the rooms with repetitive bashing and name calling, let me know.

I haven't been involved in any of this stuff in a long time, especially not in this RR. Since the leadership has changed, I'd rather get my voice out there and if I'm going to say what I mean, I'd rather say it in front of the people who it pertains to instead of behind their backs.

Zool
06-02-2009, 10:04 PM

Psssst. You forgot Zool.

Pssst...it was intentional

RashanGary
06-02-2009, 10:17 PM
We have

Rodgers fans
TT fans
MM fans
Favre fans
Conservatives
Liberals
socialites
loners
original AP posters
original FYI posters
new posters
kinda new posters
old posters

It seems like there was no diversity with our mods. They were all APers and all against TT. I'm sure they're all doing their best, like I said, they did a great job. I'm just saying, there are a lot of different kinds of people here and the majority support the Packers over Favre, the majority support Rodgers over Favre, the majority support TT over FAvre. Why does every mod have to be from a certain group? It might make other groups feel resentful or treated unfairly. I'm sure it's not on purpose, but it might be a big part of the frustration and mistrust around here. As helpful and right hearted as those mods were, maybe the whole setup and representation was doomed from the get-go.

Bretsky
06-02-2009, 10:17 PM
I sure as hell don't!

Well I'd say you're a jag for making this thread :lol:

I don't miss being a moderator and am kosher with the setup now.

Bretsky
06-02-2009, 10:19 PM

Nope; it's actually more relaxing not being one.

RG, to be honest, did a LOT more than I did though so he'd give a better view.

Zool
06-02-2009, 10:27 PM

QFT. I give RG some shit now and then, but that guy did all the dirty work as a mod. Especially when 7 was dropped. He kept up with all the back-end shit that posters never see or have to deal with.

B tried to keep everyone civil. I'm not really sure what I did. I'm sure it was something.

I wouldn't say I missed it, but it was nice to be able to fix posts for people with bad links and such without them having to edit 3-4 times and figure out what was wrong.

I'm really hoping that Joe gives me admin to the Fantasy site before fantasy football season starts. That will be brutal without full privs. I'll manage either way but he's gonna be mighty annoyed by the 30PM's a day I'll be sending him.

All in all I had some fun as a mod, but I have just as much fun without it, and now I don't have to feel like I'll be held accountable for calling someone an ass pirate on occasion.

Harlan Huckleby
06-02-2009, 10:29 PM
I've become obsessed with getting skinbasket and scott campbell kicked out of the forum. IF moderators make that more likely, I'm for them.

Zool
06-02-2009, 10:31 PM
I've become obsessed with getting skinbasket and scott campbell kicked out of the forum. IF moderators make that more likely, I'm for them.

Pot stirrer

GrnBay007
06-02-2009, 10:33 PM
It seems like there was no diversity with our mods. They were all APers and all against TT.

This shows the delusion with which you post, not all the time, but when you get on your "hate" rants. At NO time did any Mod....EVER...use which supposed "side" they took to use that against people.

Your problem is you hate anyone that does not join in your hate of Favre.....heck, you don't know me personally AT ALL and you call me a witch and an uncaring person because I don't hate Favre like you do.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 10:42 PM

I believe you. I also believe that after you get us kicked out the forum, you won't stop complaining about it until were reinstated.

How's the rule book coming along?

Harlan Huckleby
06-02-2009, 10:52 PM

1) No members from states dominated by religous sects
2) No moody artists with violent sexual fantasies

That's all I got now, will keep you posted.

RashanGary
06-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Oh man, agent zero, I'm not going to get into a fight about how I feel and why I feel with you. I'm sure nobody is interested in that.

Good guess though. Maybe some time, during pillow talk, I could tell you the truth. You best behave though. You don't want to muss that opportunity :P

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 10:58 PM

1) No members from states dominated by religous sects
2) No moody artists with violent sexual fantasies

That's all I got now, will keep you posted.

8 more till you catch Moses.

http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/charlton-heston-2.jpg

And yeah, I know Moses didn't write them.

Bretsky
06-02-2009, 10:59 PM

QFT. I give RG some shit now and then, but that guy did all the dirty work as a mod. Especially when 7 was dropped. He kept up with all the back-end shit that posters never see or have to deal with.

B tried to keep everyone civil. I'm not really sure what I did. I'm sure it was something.

I wouldn't say I missed it, but it was nice to be able to fix posts for people with bad links and such without them having to edit 3-4 times and figure out what was wrong.

I'm really hoping that Joe gives me admin to the Fantasy site before fantasy football season starts. That will be brutal without full privs. I'll manage either way but he's gonna be mighty annoyed by the 30PM's a day I'll be sending him.

All in all I had some fun as a mod, but I have just as much fun without it, and now I don't have to feel like I'll be held accountable for calling someone an ass pirate on occasion.

Actually I thought you, RG, and Mad did all the work. Occasionally I would try to stop bad karma and move threads here and there. When somebody PM'd me asking me to do something with technological skill I was lost and dumped it on somebody else.

GrnBay007
06-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Oh man, agent zero, I'm not going to get into a fight about how I feel and why I feel with you. I'm sure nobody is interested in that.

Good guess though. Maybe some time, during pillow talk, I could tell you the truth. You best behave though. You don't want to muss that opportunity :P

KMA JH. You are a dick.

I won't waste anymore of my time with your drivel

Zool
06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Actually I thought you, RG, and Mad did all the work. Occasionally I would try to stop bad karma and move threads here and there. When somebody PM'd me asking me to do something with technological skill I was lost and dumped it on somebody else.

I tried to keep up with all the live stuff being that I'm logged in all day at work, but RG did all the checking on the BS accounts that were created after 7 got dropped. Mad did a lot of it too. I used to try and check on IP logs and such but I'd get distracted so often that I'd get annoyed.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2009, 11:08 PM

I tried to keep up with all the live stuff being that I'm logged in all day at work, but RG did all the checking on the BS accounts that were created after 7 got dropped. Mad did a lot of it too. I used to try and check on IP logs and such but I'd get distracted so often that I'd get annoyed.

Sounds glamorous.

Administrator
06-02-2009, 11:08 PM

Good guess though. Maybe some time, during pillow talk, I could tell you the truth. You best behave though. You don't want to muss that opportunity :PI ask that you consider behaving in more of a gentleman-like manner.

RashanGary
06-02-2009, 11:09 PM
KMA JH. You are a dick.

I won't waste anymore of my time with your drivel

k

G'night

SkinBasket
06-03-2009, 06:59 AM
At NO time did any Mod....EVER...use which supposed "side" they took to use that against people.

Well, maybe not EVER. Almost EVER.

retailguy
06-03-2009, 10:28 AM

In a word, NO.

Thanks B & Zool for the kind words. It was a lot of work, but the most frustrating part is that no matter what you did it was wrong.

Then, later, when you tried to have a football discussion and give your POV, then you had the mod card held over your head. Tough to enjoy that.

I don't miss the bs with new accounts, tho MTP did most of that, you guys give me credit for stuff I did only a little bit.

It is impossible to make everybody happy, the new guy has his work cut out for him, but I like his idea of toning down the packer room. Hope it works and I'm on board. I actually had a civil exchange with skinbasket yesterday and world didn't explode, so I think there is hope. :wink:

GrnBay007
06-03-2009, 10:42 AM
but the most frustrating part is that no matter what you did it was wrong.

Then, later, when you tried to have a football discussion and give your POV, then you had the mod card held over your head. Tough to enjoy that.

I think the best way to have moderators is to have them be anonymous. If there are 2 moderators they can log in moderator 1 and moderator 2. That way they can do what they are supposed to do while being a mod and then when they want to just post and hang out they can log in under their regular screen name. That would alleviate the problem that RG speaks of above.

Scott Campbell
06-03-2009, 10:50 AM

I think the best way to have moderators is to have them be anonymous. If there are 2 moderators they can log in moderator 1 and moderator 2. That way they can do what they are supposed to do while being a mod and then when they want to just post and hang out they can log in under their regular screen name. That would alleviate the problem that RG speaks of above.

I'm not sure how I feel about that suggestion.

http://fairimmigration.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/0050_ku_klux_klan_03.jpg

Zool
06-03-2009, 10:58 AM
if I get a pointy hat, sign me up.

Scott Campbell
06-03-2009, 10:59 AM

In a word, NO.

Thanks B & Zool for the kind words. It was a lot of work, but the most frustrating part is that no matter what you did it was wrong.

I don't miss the bs with new accounts, tho MTP did most of that, you guys give me credit for stuff I did only a little bit.

It is impossible to make everybody happy, the new guy has his work cut out for him, but I like his idea of toning down the packer room. Hope it works and I'm on board. I actually had a civil exchange with skinbasket yesterday and world didn't explode, so I think there is hope. :wink:

I figured as much. It seems like a thankless job.

MJZiggy
06-03-2009, 03:42 PM

That's exactly what happened when PR first existed. There were 3 moderators and no one knew who they were. Lasted for a few months and then it was decided to get "public" ones instead.

RashanGary
06-03-2009, 07:03 PM
I think they should go complete opposite of last time. Instead of 4 long time TT hating extremists from the same clique, they should go with 4 rogue warriors.

Harlan Huckleby
Scott Cambell
JustinHarrell
Skinbasket

I'll tell you what, mobb deep, pacopete or packnut wouldn't last long if I was in charge and something tells me we'd lose Scott Cambell and Skinbasket right away with Harlans trigger finger but before Harlan could ban skinbasket, there would be a run on penis photos like nothing you've seen before. I can't imagine SC would do anything crazy but I could see him getting really arrogant, threatening the peasants with his gun and taking regular advantage of the women. I would just sit on a perch and ban TT haters like a sniper in the stands, then I'd take advantage of mazzin. Then I'd force 007 to marry me. It would be like one of those romance/action movies set in the renaissance mixed with Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven. Oh yes, I'd rule with relentless terror but I'd have a sensitive side to the women because my mom raised me alone. I would still maintain that movie star sex appeal that I have going. I'd just have a dark edge that I developed from a tragedy in my past. 007, you could help me get over that.

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/smartproxy/images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10039000/10039494.jpg

Scott Campbell
06-03-2009, 07:20 PM
That is the WORST idea ever. :lol:

Bretsky
06-03-2009, 08:00 PM
If JH was a mod I'd be banned be4 my first post :lol:

Fritz
06-06-2009, 12:14 PM
It seems like there was no diversity with our mods. They were all APers and all against TT.

This shows the delusion with which you post, not all the time, but when you get on your "hate" rants. At NO time did any Mod....EVER...use which supposed "side" they took to use that against people.

Your problem is you hate anyone that does not join in your hate of Favre.....heck, you don't know me personally AT ALL and you call me a witch and an uncaring person because I don't hate Favre like you do.

007, did you skip fifth grade or something? He does all that cuz he likes you. If you were with him, he'd punch you on the arm and run away . . .

MJZiggy
06-06-2009, 12:20 PM
The posters game this year is going to be SOOOOOO interesting...

Joemailman
06-06-2009, 04:36 PM
if I get a pointy hat, sign me up.

Congratulations.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_322/1223888960z58T8h.jpg

SnakeLH2006
06-13-2009, 02:27 AM
It's kinda of an asylum now with all the freed convicts. Kinda entertaining, but dangerous for douchebags. :shock: At least it's a more entertaining read now.