PDA

View Full Version : Good music that you don't hear on the radio

RashanGary
06-04-2009, 08:47 PM
I've been on a little music kick. Typically I can't stand the radio so I listen to sports/talk. I found an AOL radio station with more pleasing music than what I'm used to hearing on the radio.

So far Ray Lamontagne and Iron and Wine are two that I like. The Iron and Wine sings I like are "passing afternoon" and "cinder and smoke". I like a lot of Lamontagne's songs.

Mr. T
06-04-2009, 09:10 PM
go to pandora.com. Type in examples of the type of music you like and it will play music with similar qualities. A lot of bands pop up that I never thought of or heard of.

RashanGary
06-04-2009, 09:34 PM
go to pandora.com. Type in examples of the type of music you like and it will play music with similar qualities. A lot of bands pop up that I never thought of or heard of.

Thanks man. I'll give it a try.

RashanGary
06-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Sweet. I like it.

Mr. T
06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Good deal! My only gripe is that you can't pick specific songs. Other than that, it's a great site.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Good deal! My only gripe is that you can't pick specific songs. Other than that, it's a great site.

Very limited playlist as well.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-05-2009, 05:39 PM
I've been on a little music kick. Typically I can't stand the radio so I listen to sports/talk. I found an AOL radio station with more pleasing music than what I'm used to hearing on the radio.

So far Ray Lamontagne and Iron and Wine are two that I like. The Iron and Wine sings I like are "passing afternoon" and "cinder and smoke". I like a lot of Lamontagne's songs.

yeah, those are two great singers.

if you like those two...check out bon iver....from wisco..eau claire. major talent. go to youtube and listen to Stacks.

bon iver is a play on words...french Bon Hiver...good winter. The singer, justin vernon, holed up in cabin in wisco after his other band broke up.

Freak Out
06-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Iron and Wine are great...seen them once with my son.

Pandora is fantastic...although as Ty points out the database can become a little limited depending on what you want to listen to...but if all you have is a computer and internet connection it does the job and then some.

Cleft Crusty
06-05-2009, 07:37 PM
It is very hard to find Irish drinking songs or Benny Goodman on the radio anymore.

RashanGary
06-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Just went and bought a guitar on Ebay. I'm going to get my 6 year old a key board. We can learn our instruments together.

I spend too much damn time on the internet. When I look back on my life, I want to feel like I did things and challenged myself. I'm just getting over a pretty big challenge, so I think I need something new to fill that void.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Iron and Wine are great...seen them once with my son.

Pandora is fantastic...although as Ty points out the database can become a little limited depending on what you want to listen to...but if all you have is a computer and internet connection it does the job and then some.

It was GREAT 3 years ago, but Ty now realizes that there is prolly some really kewl new site that sneering hipster use.

SnakeLH2006
06-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Andre Nickatina

pasquale
06-06-2009, 02:13 AM
It is very hard to find Irish drinking songs or Benny Goodman on the radio anymore.

if you need irish drinking songs, i'll start tossing invites to my family xmas...obviously the more...well, you know