PDA

View Full Version : Terrel Owens "homeless"

Patler
06-05-2009, 08:10 AM
I heard on the radio that T.O. announced on Twitter that a homeowners association in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park voted against admitting him, saying he would bring too much drama and notoriety to their neighborhood.

Patler
06-05-2009, 08:14 AM
I wonder if there are any Bills players in that association, and how they voted on it?
:D

Fritz
06-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Wouldn't you want to party with T.O.? Hasn't he been on MTV's Cribs?

T.O., you can come live in my neighborhood any time. We'll swap stories about crabgrass and that nasty, nosy old neighbor Gladys and her poor slob of a husband.

Maybe you can come over and help me hang some drywall, and in return I'll feed your cats when you go off for a weekend.

pbmax
06-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Don't believe the hype. The Realtor was quoted as saying that Owens hadn't even been to see the house. Its all in his head, and from there it goes directly to the PR guy. Reality doesn't intervene.

Patler
06-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Don't believe the hype. The Realtor was quoted as saying that Owens hadn't even been to see the house. Its all in his head, and from there it goes directly to the PR guy. Reality doesn't intervene.

I've heard it both ways, quotes from a realtor and a resident. Seemed to present differing views. Maybe the realtor is worried about protecting future business and the image of the area? Hard to say.

Scott Campbell
06-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Maybe they thought they'd have to deal with Drew on the purchase contract.

Cheesehead Craig
06-05-2009, 09:56 AM
TO would be great for the neighborhood. He could have everyone over to do crunches on his property. They would be the most fit HOA in all of Buffalo.

pbmax
06-05-2009, 10:01 AM

I've heard it both ways, quotes from a realtor and a resident. Seemed to present differing views. Maybe the realtor is worried about protecting future business and the image of the area? Hard to say.
Hadn't heard the resident's story. I suppose both could be true. A pre-emptive strike once work leaked out.

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2009, 10:41 AM
I think T.O. is probably a really fun guy. He had me with his Sharpie trick.

I bet he is not much different from Donald Driver in personality.

KYPack
06-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Ty,

Can ya help a brother out?

Scott Campbell
06-05-2009, 11:43 AM
I think T.O. is probably a really fun guy. He had me with his Sharpie trick.

I bet he is not much different from Donald Driver in personality.

I hope you're being tongue and cheek here.

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2009, 12:55 PM
No. I never heard that TO was an asshole to teammates. HE seems like a fun-loving guy, like Michael Irvin or Donald Driver.

T.O. has a big ego, but so does Brett Favre and lots of other big athletes. Doesn't mean they are unpleasant to people.

T.O. could be a perfect jerk, I just haven't seen it. People assume that guys who make contract demands, like Javon Walker, etc. have shitty personalities. I don't think that is so.

Freak Out
06-05-2009, 01:00 PM
I remember seeing some interviews with his neighbors while he was in Philadelphia and they had nothing but good things to say about him.

Scott Campbell
06-05-2009, 01:17 PM
No. I never heard that TO was an asshole to teammates.

Yeah, you're probably right.

http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleImages/48125-57.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1856715

In an interview with Playboy magazine that hits newsstands Friday, Owens was asked if he thinks Garcia is gay. Owens responded: "Like my boy tells me: 'If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat.' "

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/terrell-owens-donovan-mcnabb-bickering-yet-again.html

But when Philadelphia lost to the New England Patriots, things went sour quickly. The split seemed to occur when Owens made some critical comments about McNabb, saying that he had run out of gas. McNabb responded by telling Owens during a mandatory mini-camp, "Just keep my name out of your mouth."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3767580

Source: T.O., Witten had to be separated

While the Dallas Cowboys were trying to downplay a possible rift between Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, the two nearly came to blows on Friday, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported Saturday.

Team sources confirmed to ESPN's Chris Mortensen that an incident occurred at the Cowboys' training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.

GrnBay007
06-05-2009, 04:06 PM
A co-worker of mine is related to TO through marriage. They are not first cousins but close enough they both end up at the big family reunions. Last year when she went I sent a football along with her to have him autograph for my son but he wasn't there. Not that my son is a huge fan of his or anything but he'd still be thrilled to have an autographed football from TO. She says TO is very nice in person and pretty quiet, and all the stuff you read is a lot of hype. She said he always spends the majority of the day playing with the kids....volleyball, softball.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Ty,

Can ya help a brother out?

What is scary is yes. Ty's uncle works in residential real estate in Buffalo, no joke.

Ty will regale you of stories about Bocce club pizza, anchor bar wings, ted's hot dogs, pat's, and slurping down fribbles at the friendlys in my unlce's neighborhood.

Shout out to U of B grads..you know who you are!

Shout out to fav buffalo heroes of ty's past....the french connection, randy smith, john shumate, ernie no d grigorio, orenthat james and the electric company, joe cribbs, joe ferguson, gary morangi, haven moses, jerry butler, frank lewis, jim haslet, reggie mckenzie, etc....don't get ty started on those kelly led teams.

Brando19
06-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I went through Buffalo on my way to Niagara Falls in 07 for my honeymoon. I thought it was a nice city, but the hosts on Sirius NFL Radio say that Buffalo is one of the cities most players want to stay away from because it's boring and not very clean.

Cornholio
06-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Anchor Bar wings are possibly the best wings on the planet, I highly recommend them to anyone who visits the Buffalo area. Anyway, the home owner association probably knows that Terrell Owens will only be around for a season or two before he alienates himself from the rest of the team again so they just simply don't want his house to be up for sale in the next two years.