PDA

View Full Version : More Evidence That You Don't F#%k with Najeh

vince
06-06-2009, 07:24 AM
http://deadspin.com/5262420/never-try-to-steal-a-car-from-najeh-davenport

Never Try To Steal A Car From Najeh Davenport

If you see a car parked on the street with the engine running, you'd probably be tempted to jump in and take a ride. Just make sure it doesn't belong to Najeh Davenport, because he will chase your ass down.

Davenport was visiting a family member in a Pittsburgh suburb yesterday, when he left his 1970 Chevy Impala running outside. Twenty-two-year-old Rodney Green saw an opportunity, jumped inside and took off. But Davenport jumped in an SUV (a dump truck was sadly unavailable) and gave chase. The man demands his justice.

The chase ended when Green crashed into four parked cars and tried to flee on foot, but was "detained" by Davenport and several other witnesses until police arrived. I bet he looked good doing it too. The Impala, unfortunately, was no more.

Davenport told WTAE Channel 4 Action News reporter Shannon Perrine that he worked in a store to save $500 to buy the car when he was 15, but has since invested $35,000 to customize and restore it....

"That car was totaled in the front. It was a nice car," said neighbor Leonard Heinz.

Yeah, it was a nice car ... for him to po.... aww, nevermind.

packers04
06-06-2009, 07:43 AM
FOR HIM TO.... POOP ON! HAHAH i love triumph the insult comic dog

Scott Campbell
06-06-2009, 08:07 AM
The guy obviously loved the car - sad story.

billy_oliver880
06-06-2009, 09:06 AM
leave it running....really??? :?:

Scott Campbell
06-06-2009, 09:19 AM

Good point. In a lot of places you can get a ticket for that - even if your car gets stolen.

pasquale
06-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Maybe if he bought less expensive rims he could have afforded a car with locks. :oops:

Partial
06-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Maybe if he bought less expensive rims he could have afforded a car with locks. :oops:

I'm pretty sure the car had locks. Let's not pretend that Najeh doesn't have a cool mil sitting in the bank.

Fritz
06-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Lots of NFL players and former players have squandered their millions. That's why I got a little nervous when I read it was a 1970 Chevy Impala...thought maybe Najeh had gone way down in the world. I was glad to see he'd invested money in it - suggests that he's doing okay.

I had to admit this, but I did wish there was a pile of poop involved, some way, some how, in the story.

Scott Campbell
06-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Let's not pretend that Najeh doesn't have a cool mil sitting in the bank.

I dunno. Najeh's not exactly known for making deposits in conventional places.

Fritz
06-06-2009, 11:38 AM
:rs:

sheepshead
06-06-2009, 03:18 PM
I didnt want to start a thread for this so ill put it here'

J. finley and his wife off of twitter--yousaaa

http://twitpic.com/6rkwa

channtheman
06-07-2009, 12:21 AM

Good point. In a lot of places you can get a ticket for that - even if your car gets stolen.

Especially since he supposedly saved up for it since he was 15. If the car meant that much to him why would he leave it running carelessly?

Cheesehead Craig
06-07-2009, 01:08 AM
I had a 70 Chevy Impala in high school. Solid car. Ran great until my sister decided to take a left turn in front of someone and then completely wrecked the transmission. Had to junk it after that. Car was 18 yrs old at the time.

woodbuck27
06-07-2009, 03:57 AM

Up here you can't even leave your car unattended and unlocked or you'll risk being fined.

Fritz
06-07-2009, 08:23 AM

Especially since he supposedly saved up for it since he was 15. If the car meant that much to him why would he leave it running carelessly?

Because it didn't know how to run carefully!
:rs:

Badgerinmaine
06-08-2009, 07:43 AM
The whole thing sounds like a Starsky and Hutch show, right down to the 1970 Impala. And as for chasing down the joyrider and getting in a wreck...my thought process would have been more like "It's a 1970 Impala that's been reconditioned to the tune of $35K. How hard is that going to be for the police to find? Are there dozens of cars like that out there?"

Badgerinmaine
06-08-2009, 07:45 AM

Up here you can't even leave your car unattended and unlocked or you'll risk being fined.
For real? Now, you're in New Brunswick, right? Here over the border in Maine (Augusta, anyhow), it's not unusual in the wintertime on cold days to see people leave their engine running when they run quick errands in the drug store or convenience store.

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 02:11 PM

When did Nazi Germany move to Canada?

Scott Campbell
06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
The whole thing sounds like a Starsky and Hutch show, right down to the 1970 Impala.

I think it was a Grand Torino.

Fritz
06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I was going to make some smart azz remark indicating how sorry Scott Campbell must be to know what kind of car was featured in Starsky & Hutch, when in my head I corrected him - "Hey, it's called a Gran Torino."

Thus my state of sorriness exceeds Scott's

And upon further reflection, how can any man be faulted for watching a show featuring fast cars and hot women? Or were they hot cars and fast women?

Either way, it's good.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I was going to make some smart azz remark indicating how sorry Scott Campbell must be to know what kind of car was featured in Starsky & Hutch, when in my head I corrected him - "Hey, it's called a Gran Torino."

Thus my state of sorriness exceeds Scott's

And upon further reflection, how can any man be faulted for watching a show featuring fast cars and hot women? Or were they hot cars and fast women?

Either way, it's good.

Ty's earliest inspiration. Someday Ty will open a club called The Pits.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7ZckZ-8naz0/SDH_T8SZqxI/AAAAAAAABI8/ojEOxnX0lkU/s400/huggy%2Bbear.jpg

SnakeLH2006
06-13-2009, 02:22 AM
I bet Naveh took a shit on the culprits to show who he was though.