PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre Appreciation Society

Harlan Huckleby
06-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Wonder if it would work to have 1 Favre thread here where people can follow the story without all the insults, potshots, wishing injury, etc. :?:

Then the 5-10 people that like to insult and bash him can have the other 3-4 Favre threads for that purpose.

Think that would work?

Let the good vibes roll.

I hope Brett comes back next fall just for the pleasure of seeing him play.

GrnBay007
06-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Not really happy with the name of the thread HH :?

Harlan Huckleby
06-08-2009, 06:46 PM
oh man, we didn't get two posts in without a bad vibe.

A little help! :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-08-2009, 06:46 PM
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number one

Harlan Huckleby
06-08-2009, 06:47 PM
get the hell out of here, Bigguns

Joemailman
06-08-2009, 06:52 PM
At least somebody loves Brett

http://jasonjeffrey.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/madden-favre.jpeg

Oscar
06-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Two can be as bad as one

Darn you Ty!!!! Now I have that song stuck in my brain box...

Tyrone Bigguns
06-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Two can be as bad as one

Shoulda gone to bed!

Oscar
06-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Two can be as bad as one

Shoulda gone to bed!

LOL.. Can't argue with that..ZZZZZZZZZ

RashanGary
06-08-2009, 07:08 PM
I hope he dies a slow, painful death because that is what he deserves.

Pacopete4
06-08-2009, 07:14 PM

You are embarrassing...

Scott Campbell
06-08-2009, 07:19 PM

I don't think that's what Harlan had in mind here. On the other hand, perhaps he did.

RashanGary
06-08-2009, 07:25 PM
I hope he gets caught on a vacation in South America and gets locked in a basement like the gimp on Pulp Fiction.

RashanGary
06-08-2009, 07:27 PM
I hope he throws a little hissy fit, puts his teammates aside for his selfish wishes, gets traded from the Packers, plays a lousy year for the Jets and then goes to the Vikings where he gets thoroughly tromped by Ted Thompson's Packers.

Scott Campbell
06-08-2009, 07:27 PM
I hope he gets caught on a vacation in South America and gets locked in a basement like the gimp on Pulp Fiction.

I know Harlan is annoying, but that seems a little excessive.

RashanGary
06-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Favre would make a hell of a gimp. He can take punishment.

Harlan Huckleby
06-08-2009, 07:43 PM
I really didn't mean to start a bashing thread, I hoped people might play-along and keep it positive, with the occasional touch of sarcasm.

I meant to give a mild tweak to 007 with the thread title, but not start a rubbing-it-in party.

Sorry for this joke gone wrong, 007.

Edit: Maybe it's not too late. Perhaps this can end like "It's a Wonderful Life." Just when things seem their darkest, a new dawn approaches.

Bretsky
06-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Favre would make a hell of a gimp. .

classless and insensitive

pbmax
06-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Just stop. Its not the least bit funny anymore.

pbmax
06-08-2009, 07:52 PM
I really didn't mean to start a bashing thread, I hoped people might play-along and keep it positive, with the occasional touch of sarcasm.

I meant to give a mild tweak to 007 with the thread title, but not start a rubbing-it-in party.

Sorry for this joke gone wrong, 007.

Edit: Maybe it's not too late. Perhaps this can end like "It's a Wonderful Life." Just when things seem their darkest, a new dawn approaches.
Are you volunteering to jump off the bridge George Bailey?

Rastak
06-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Just stop. Its not the least bit funny anymore.

Anymore?

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Funny, how Harrell goes right by the meaning of why Harlan wrote this thread, I guess that would make him an attention seeking troll whore.

Lurker64
06-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I hope that the next time that Brett Favre orders a turkey sandwich, they screw up his order by using the wrong mustard and the turkey is dry.

Brando19
06-08-2009, 08:15 PM
I hope that the next time that Brett Favre orders a turkey sandwich, they screw up his order by using the wrong mustard and the turkey is dry.

It wouldn't matter to him. He'd change his mind before the sandwich got to him and would have a cheese pizza on its way instead.

cpk1994
06-08-2009, 08:26 PM

It wouldn't matter to him. He'd change his mind before the sandwich got to him and would have a cheese pizza on its way instead.Then he'll change his maind again and go back with the turkey sandwich.

Chevelle2
06-08-2009, 08:28 PM

It wouldn't matter to him. He'd change his mind before the sandwich got to him and would have a cheese pizza on its way instead.Then he'll change his maind again and go back with the turkey sandwich.

Then he would text Trent Dilfer and tell him about it.

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 08:28 PM
You can never go wrong with a po boy sandwich with Favre with a side of crawfish. Maybe if the waitress cared to know him a bit better they would have known what to bring him right away.

cpk1994
06-08-2009, 08:32 PM
You can never go wrong with a po boy sandwich with Favre with a side of crawfish. Maybe if the waitress cared to know him a bit better they would have known what to bring him right away.Then he'll just go on Greta Van Susteren and talk bad about the waitress.

Brando19
06-08-2009, 08:32 PM
You can never go wrong with a po boy sandwich with Favre with a side of crawfish. Maybe if the waitress cared to know him a bit better they would have known what to bring him right away.

:lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-08-2009, 08:45 PM

Are you suggesting Brett doesn't have that capability. I find any suggestion that brett couldn't do anything he set his mind to...to be brett hating.

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
You can never go wrong with a po boy sandwich with Favre with a side of crawfish. Maybe if the waitress cared to know him a bit better they would have known what to bring him right away.Then he'll just go on Greta Van Susteren and talk bad about the waitress.

Only if she was slow and dimwitted

Tyrone Bigguns
06-08-2009, 08:55 PM

Ty needs to correct this slander of Brett.

1. Brett was forced into ordering a turkey sandwich. Brett was in line and couldn't decide. Brett wouldn't let anyone skip him to order and stood at the front of the line pondering for weeks what sandwich to order.
2. After the manager politely asked him to order, brett did indeed order a turkey sandwich. He told friends it was delicious.
3. Couple of weeks later he told friends that the counter girl and manager forced him into making a sandwich decision. At the time he didn't know what to order, so he ordered turkey. Deanna and his family thought turkey was a good decision at the time.
4. Brett really did want a po boy. Or, that is at least what Bus Cook leaked to various members of the media.
5. What was unknown at the time was that while Brett has enjoyed turkey sandwiches for years, he was an annoying customer that the counter girl and manager had placated for year..."yes, we will leave off the cheese, no it doesn't come with chips and a drink, but we will do it for you."

PlantPage55
06-08-2009, 09:17 PM
You know how I feel about the current situation of Brett, but:

a. I'll always remember him as the guy that ran around giving everyone a high five after a TD. Or running to jump on Bubba Franks after a big win.

b. I'll remember his 420+ TDs as a Packer and what they did to help us field the top offenses year after year.

c. I'll remember that his on-the-field attitude is what captivated me and got me to watch football in the first place.

d. I'll remember that he was a PART of the reason that we brought the Lombardi Trophy back to its rightful place in Titletown.

e. I'll remember him as one of the great figures in the history of our great state of Wisconsin. A place that I hope he keeps in heart, as well.

When he gets inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame, he'll be remembered as a Green Bay Packer. He'll deserve to be there and he'll deserve our honor at that time, as well. Whether or not you believe he deserves anything from us right now. Which I don't. Just to make that clear, but don't mean to further poison this thread.

Bretsky
06-08-2009, 10:06 PM

Are you suggesting Brett doesn't have that capability. I find any suggestion that brett couldn't do anything he set his mind to...to be brett hating.

I'm suggesting a gimp reference is not cool .......no more or no less.

Cheesehead Craig
06-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Or like a season of "Dallas" where it's all just a dream.

RashanGary
06-09-2009, 02:05 AM

It was meant as an exaggeration to lighten the mood. Apparently it didn't go over well :)

In all seriousness, as a Packer fan, I want to beat him as badly as I'd like to win any game but I don't wish harm on the guy :) It's exaggeration to rile up the lovers and make the people who don't care laugh.

Like baddest coming here to rile up Packer fans, I like to rile up Viking/Favre fans. It's part of the experience for me.

sheepshead
06-09-2009, 07:16 AM
I think this fits here-from the Bleacher Report

The Disinegration of a Legend

by Kendall Salter (Contributor)

Not too long ago, there was the charm. A golden smile to go with a winning arm. There used to be charisma and glory. He had the courage to go deep when few would, throwing touchdown passes on a night meant for grieving.

It's sad, really, when you think of the time that has gone by.

Now there is folly. Now there is narcissism. Gone are the smiles, the gracious hugs, and the character that won over so many. Gone is the respect and admiration.

The Brett Favre legend rolls on, but the stories have become tall tales. The bandwagon is growing emptier by the day, and the groans are becoming more audible. The man who once inspired leagues of faithful fans in one of the NFL’s greatest cities now inspires rolled eyes and tired yawns.

Will he come back? I’m sure if you asked many, the answer would be a resounding “who cares?” And besides Viking fans and the ESPN big shots, who really does? With much flip-flopping, Favre has become the ultimate Boy Who Cried Wolf, only this time it’s the Man Who Cried Quit one too many times. He’s Junior Seau to the third power. He makes Michael Jordan look like a retirement rookie.

He has become an attention addict. This from a man who for so long played in a city that inspires a small town feel and home spun values. To be fair, the media has most certainly gone overboard, spouting off “breaking news” stories about mailed X-ray results and lawn mowing.

Someone has got to put a stop to it, and it looks like Vikings coach Brad Childress might just be the one to do it. Finally seeing some sense and knowing that Favre will undoubtedly continue to delay his second “comeback,” Childress has demanded that Favre make his decision within the week.

Finally, a deadline. I’m sure that when Favre announces his intentions later this week news and sports media outlets will go bananas with coverage and “analysis.” I, for one, hope that this finally puts an end to this misguided Brett Favre Hysteria.

It is long overdue.

Fritz
06-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Who can forget the game where he got hit in the head, came out one play, then raced in without Shermy's permission and threw a T.D. pass?

What about those crazy-ass shovel passes? Wow.

Or how about the first play of the game, where he'd throw the ball into an astonished linebacker's arms - and the linebacker would drop it due to the sheer surprise? Then th game would carry on as if that hadn't happened at all...

How about his blocks, which everybody loved (though I always thought the officials let him get away with illegal blocks)? It was fun to watch.

Good times, good times.

PlantPage55
06-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Who can forget the game where he got hit in the head, came out one play, then raced in without Shermy's permission and threw a T.D. pass?

I'll never forget where I was. I was at work, at a grocery store, and we had it over the radio. I remember being completely confused at what just occurred. :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
06-09-2009, 08:56 AM
I'll remember his fake jump passes after he hands off the ball. That's old school corny. :lol:

Deputy Nutz
06-09-2009, 11:43 AM

It was meant as an exaggeration to lighten the mood. Apparently it didn't go over well :)

In all seriousness, as a Packer fan, I want to beat him as badly as I'd like to win any game but I don't wish harm on the guy :) It's exaggeration to rile up the lovers and make the people who don't care laugh.

Like baddest coming here to rile up Packer fans, I like to rile up Viking/Favre fans. It's part of the experience for me.

Maybe it is because you're a Douche Bag?

bobblehead
06-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Division Sun Jan 20, 2002 box

L GNB* @ STL 17 45 26 44 281 2 6 27 6.4 59.1 53.5

Fucking Bill Shroeder ran 6 wrong routes in that game!!!!

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 04:56 PM
oh man, we didn't get two posts in without a bad vibe.

A little help! :lol:

hilarious

Packerarcher
06-09-2009, 05:37 PM
It really is quite ironic that those on here that trash Brett the most are the ones that claim they are sick of him and could care less what he does. Yet these are the same people that HAVE to trash Brett in EVERY Favre thread. If you don't care what he does then let it the fuck go!!! Some of us do care and don't need the haters negativity. The line of if you are rooting for Brett as a Viking your not a Packer fan,is real old also. Who the fuck are any of you to determine what makes someone a fan. I say if your a TT fan you are not a fan as he is running this team down the shitter. But I don't sit there and say all of the TT leg humpers are not Packer fans. If you don't like Favre any more fine,but why try and shit on those of us that do.

Lurker64
06-09-2009, 05:59 PM
If you are cheering for the Vikings (or Bears, or Lions, or Buccaneers prior to 2002) you are not a Packer Fan.

arcilite
06-09-2009, 06:13 PM
It really is quite ironic that those on here that trash Brett the most are the ones that claim they are sick of him and could care less what he does. Yet these are the same people that HAVE to trash Brett in EVERY Favre thread. If you don't care what he does then let it the fuck go!!! Some of us do care and don't need the haters negativity. The line of if you are rooting for Brett as a Viking your not a Packer fan,is real old also. Who the fuck are any of you to determine what makes someone a fan. I say if your a TT fan you are not a fan as he is running this team down the shitter. But I don't sit there and say all of the TT leg humpers are not Packer fans. If you don't like Favre any more fine,but why try and shit on those of us that do.

The hell are you smoking dude?

If you root for Favre as a Vikings against the Packers, you arnt a fucking Packers fan.

Its that simple.

And if you Favre lovers are such pansies that you cant tolerate a few negative posts about someone not on the Packers anymore...go find a different site.

Jesus christ you people whine so much

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 06:49 PM

lol, good points but u must not know where u are....!

just continue to maintain your stance and get a kick out of the detractors since in the long run its ALL subjective and compasion/consideration is not packerrats forte

cpk1994
06-09-2009, 07:10 PM

If you root for Favre as a Vikings against the Packers, you arnt a fucking Packers fan.

Its that simple.

And if you Favre lovers are such pansies that you cant tolerate a few negative posts about someone not on the Packers anymore...go find a different site.

Jesus christ you people whine so muchPreach on! :bclap:

Packerarcher
06-10-2009, 12:07 AM

Its that simple.

So does that mean the anti Favre people such as you should shut the fuck up and tolerate the pro Favre comments. I think perhaps it is you that has had a few too many bong hits.

Freak Out
06-10-2009, 12:14 AM

Its that simple.

So does that mean the anti Favre people such as you should shut the fuck up and tolerate the pro Favre comments. I think perhaps it is you that has had a few too many bong hits.

I'm not anti Favre but if he goes to the Queens then he becomes the enemy and must be destroyed. Bottom line. I'll still love the guy as a Packer and remember all the excitement he brought to the Packers but when he is on the opposing team he is a target.

Lurker64
06-10-2009, 12:17 AM

On the internet, if someone is talking shit about something you care about there are really two good responses:
1) Shut up and ignore them, since they're probably some random troll.
2) Talk a good game back at them.

Whining to nobody in particular that your viewpoint is "oppressed" is not talking a good game.

Fritz
06-10-2009, 07:31 AM
I'll remember his fake jump passes after he hands off the ball. That's old school corny. :lol:

How badly I wanted a Packer coach - Holmgren, Shermy, someone - to add a play in which Favre would fake the goal-line handoff and actually throw a jump pass. How cool would that have been?

pbmax
06-10-2009, 07:44 AM

How badly I wanted a Packer coach - Holmgren, Shermy, someone - to add a play in which Favre would fake the goal-line handoff and actually throw a jump pass. How cool would that have been?
I actually wanted Brett to call that play in the huddle, drawing it on the AstroTurf. Then I wanted to see if Holmgren would need hospitalization for the stroke that would ensue.

-- Just kidding, not an actual advocate of strokes.

pbmax
06-10-2009, 07:46 AM

I think Bill averaged 4 wrong routes a game. So this is not out of the realm of possibility.

Bossman641
06-10-2009, 08:13 AM

Its that simple.

This is a PACKERS forum. As Favre will more than likely be a Viking, he will be an enemy and posters here have every right to talk negative about him and hope he fails.

Is it really that hard to follow?

SnakeLH2006
06-13-2009, 02:11 AM
You know how I feel about the current situation of Brett, but:

a. I'll always remember him as the guy that ran around giving everyone a high five after a TD. Or running to jump on Bubba Franks after a big win.

b. I'll remember his 420+ TDs as a Packer and what they did to help us field the top offenses year after year.

c. I'll remember that his on-the-field attitude is what captivated me and got me to watch football in the first place.

d. I'll remember that he was a PART of the reason that we brought the Lombardi Trophy back to its rightful place in Titletown.

e. I'll remember him as one of the great figures in the history of our great state of Wisconsin. A place that I hope he keeps in heart, as well.

When he gets inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame, he'll be remembered as a Green Bay Packer. He'll deserve to be there and he'll deserve our honor at that time, as well. Whether or not you believe he deserves anything from us right now. Which I don't. Just to make that clear, but don't mean to further poison this thread.

Good shit Plant. That's about it. Snake could care less about the drama as HE"S NOT OUR QB ANYMORE. JESUS, JH, you could be a good poster, but your incessant potshots on Brett is tiresome and not funny at all. Snake leaves you alone cuz unlike some other posters that stir it up you have good stuff to say on all other topics....But I bet, and bet large that Brett went ATM on your sister and never called her back. Get over that Favre hate and you'd be one the top posters on here bro. Just saying.....

KYPack
06-13-2009, 10:21 AM

I imagine yer right BBH, but where did you get that from?

No flames or any shit, just want to know.

Gunakor
06-13-2009, 10:26 AM

That was the playoff game in St. Louis where Favre threw 6 INT's. It's common these days to blame Favre's INT's on the WR's always running the wrong routes.

Packgator
06-13-2009, 11:07 AM

It would have been very cool. Tim Tebow has done it three or four times (minus the fake handoff) and it has produced a TD each time.....including once in last years championship game.

Here is the first time they did it......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV_UBqbMi7A

The announcer (Vern Lundquist?) thinks it is pretty cool as well.

MOBB DEEP
06-13-2009, 12:24 PM

On the internet, if someone is talking shit about something you care about there are really two good responses:
1) Shut up and ignore them, since they're probably some random troll.
2) Talk a good game back at them.

Whining to nobody in particular that your viewpoint is "oppressed" is not talking a good game.

spot on...

cant let emotions get the better of u when "debating" on a public forum thats pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme

bbbffl66
06-15-2009, 07:32 PM

That was the playoff game in St. Louis where Favre threw 6 INT's. It's common these days to blame Favre's INT's on the WR's always running the wrong routes.

That game WAS Schroeder running the wrong routes. Made my head want to explode. Last 2 ints were Brett being down by a crapload and trying to get anything going. Throw incomplete, :shock: take a sack or chuck it and hope.

CaptainD
06-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Wonder if it would work to have 1 Favre thread here where people can follow the story without all the insults, potshots, wishing injury, etc. :?:

Then the 5-10 people that like to insult and bash him can have the other 3-4 Favre threads for that purpose.

Think that would work?

Let the good vibes roll.

I hope Brett comes back next fall just for the pleasure of seeing him play.

Forgive me Admin but it's too good not to do :)

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/wizardmd/bsmeter.gif

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 03:48 AM

Someone likely said that about Jesus too.

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 03:51 AM

Ty needs to correct this slander of Brett.

1. Brett was forced into ordering a turkey sandwich. Brett was in line and couldn't decide. Brett wouldn't let anyone skip him to order and stood at the front of the line pondering for weeks what sandwich to order.
2. After the manager politely asked him to order, brett did indeed order a turkey sandwich. He told friends it was delicious.
3. Couple of weeks later he told friends that the counter girl and manager forced him into making a sandwich decision. At the time he didn't know what to order, so he ordered turkey. Deanna and his family thought turkey was a good decision at the time.
4. Brett really did want a po boy. Or, that is at least what Bus Cook leaked to various members of the media.
5. What was unknown at the time was that while Brett has enjoyed turkey sandwiches for years, he was an annoying customer that the counter girl and manager had placated for year..."yes, we will leave off the cheese, no it doesn't come with chips and a drink, but we will do it for you."

Now. . .that was funny stuff. :lol: