PDA

View Full Version : No Deadline Given to Favre

Pacopete4
06-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Pat Kirwan on the NFL Network says there is not deadline and that the story is false. Says he's close with Childress, and that he thinks Favre will be joining the Vikes by July 15th if not sooner.

There is the full story on PFT.com if ya wanna read it. This story sounds more correct than some deadline that didn't make sense just weeks after his surgery.

KYPack
06-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah, just saw the same story.

Warren Sapp and Jamie Dukes just said the same thing on NFL Network.

Sapp has been texting Brett, but he was pretty coy about what Favre said.

One thing is sure. No way Brett has surgery if he doesn't want to play this season.

One thing about the coverage really screwed me up. The story from Viking camp had a white guy named Randy Moss who is the reporter. How long has he been around? Never saw the dude before.

The Leaper
06-08-2009, 10:33 PM
One thing about the coverage really screwed me up. The story from Viking camp had a white guy named Randy Moss who is the reporter. How long has he been around? Never saw the dude before.

I thought that guy covered horse racing...now he's doing the NFL? ESPN must be having some difficulty finding talent these days.

MadScientist
06-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Sounds like someone at ESPN was given a deadline to come up with a Favre story. The circus continues. Is there an over / under for number of false stories about Favre out of ESPN?

MJZiggy
06-09-2009, 06:36 AM

I thought that guy covered horse racing...now he's doing the NFL? ESPN must be having some difficulty finding talent these days.

You're assuming they had "talent" to begin with. :?:

Fritz
06-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Yeah, just saw the same story.

Warren Sapp and Jamie Dukes just said the same thing on NFL Network.

Sapp has been texting Brett, but he was pretty coy about what Favre said.

One thing is sure. No way Brett has surgery if he doesn't want to play this season.

They got him for a third round pick, I believe. They think he can still help them. Some other sports network offered a fourth, but Moss didn't want to go there.

cpk1994
06-09-2009, 09:00 AM

I thought that guy covered horse racing...now he's doing the NFL? ESPN must be having some difficulty finding talent these days.Well he did cover the Belmont Stakes. But most aren't limited to one sport in spacific.

KYPack
06-09-2009, 09:18 AM

I thought that guy covered horse racing...now he's doing the NFL? ESPN must be having some difficulty finding talent these days.Well he did cover the Belmont Stakes. But most aren't limited to one sport in spacific.

You guys are right....

Randy Moss has been an analyst for ESPN thoroughbred racing coverage since 1999.

Prior to making television his occupation, Moss was a newspaper reporter, handicapper and columnist for 20 years, first at the Arkansas Gazette and Arkansas Democrat and later with the Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star-Telegram. His byline also appeared in numerous other papers, including the New York Times.

I flat out never heard of the guy. I was watching ESPN with the sound off. They showed a QB wearing #4 tossing passes (It was JD Booty).

The screen said "Randy Moss". I thought "WTF, they got Favre AND Randy Moss". Took me some time and TiVO-ing to figure out Moss was the reporter and '4' was Booty.

Patler
06-09-2009, 09:25 AM
I flat out never heard of the guy. I was watching ESPN with the sound off. They showed a QB wearing #4 tossing passes (It was JD Booty).

The screen said "Randy Moss". I thought "WTF, they got Favre AND Randy Moss". Took me some time and TiVO-ing to figure out Moss was the reporter and '4' was Booty.

I fell for a headline, I think it might even have been on nfl.com, something to the effect of "Randy Moss Gives His Opinion On Favre and the Vikings." T thought: Favre has shown Moss some love in the past; Favre has shown the Vikings some love; Moss was shown the door by the Vikings, this could be interesting! Boy, was I ever wrong!

rbaloha1
06-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Childress is a major weasel. BF will notify the Vikings whenever he decides. The one week deadline was bogus -- how can BF make a decision immediately after surgery?

Patler
06-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Childress is a major weasel. BF will notify the Vikings whenever he decides. The one week deadline was bogus -- how can BF make a decision immediately after surgery?

Maybe the surgery was really two months ago when the Favre family booked rooms in GB for the Viking game! :lol:

rbaloha1
06-09-2009, 12:59 PM

Maybe the surgery was really two months ago when the Favre family booked rooms in GB for the Viking game! :lol:

Perhaps. Childress is still a weasel. Thank goodness he is not the Packers coach.

pbmax
06-09-2009, 01:42 PM

Dan Patrick said today on the radio that he heard the surgery was ten days ago. I am sure this is ironclad, documented evidence, and not third hand ESPN scuttlebutt.

Fritz
06-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Only his hairdresser knows.

cpk1994
06-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Only his hairdresser knows.or his pilot.

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 06:38 PM

Dan Patrick said today on the radio that he heard the surgery was ten days ago. I am sure this is ironclad, documented evidence, and not third hand ESPN scuttlebutt.

ur a funny cat....way to remain lighthearted about this relativley meaningless entity