PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season TV plans for PACKER Games

woodbuck27
07-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Pre-season TV plans

The NFL Network will carry 52 exhibition NFL games to a national audience, including three games involving the Packers.

Six of the games will be shown live, and the rest on tape.

For most games, NFL Network will use the home team's broadcasters in the first half and the visiting team's call in the second.

Green Bay's game Aug. 12 at San Diego will be shown on the NFL Network at 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 14.

Atlanta's game Aug. 19 at Green Bay will be aired at 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 20.

Tennessee's game at 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 1, in Green Bay will be shown live on the network but blacked out in the local markets of the two teams.

Fosco33
07-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks, WB!

Time to set the TiVO.

Too bad some of you won't be able to see that Titan game - should be interesting to see Young handing off to Lendale. Will bars with NFL Network be able to pick up that game?

Partial
07-18-2006, 02:08 PM
I hate that when they black it out in the local area. Hopefully a local affiliate picsk it up

pittstang5
07-18-2006, 02:29 PM
I hate that when they black it out in the local area. Hopefully a local affiliate picsk it up

I don't live in or near GB so I don't have that problem, but I would bet a local channel will have it. GB and Football are like peas and carrots.

GBRulz
07-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Pre-season TV plans

The NFL Network will carry 52 exhibition NFL games to a national audience, including three games involving the Packers.

Six of the games will be shown live, and the rest on tape.

For most games, NFL Network will use the home team's broadcasters in the first half and the visiting team's call in the second.

Green Bay's game Aug. 12 at San Diego will be shown on the NFL Network at 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 14.

Atlanta's game Aug. 19 at Green Bay will be aired at 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 20.

Tennessee's game at 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 1, in Green Bay will be shown live on the network but blacked out in the local markets of the two teams.

All of the pre-season games are picked up by the local CBS affiliate's for pre-season games. No need to worry about blackouts, my fellow Wisconsinites!

A nationally televised contest and an early trip to the West Coast highlight the Green Bay Packers’ 2006 preseason opponents, announced by the National Football League Wednesday. CBS 5, your Official Packers Station, will carry at least three of the pre-season contests.

Aug. 12 at San Diego Chargers, 9pm on CBS 5

Aug. 19 ATLANTA FALCONS, 7pm on CBS 5

Mon., Aug. 28 at Cincinnati Bengals, 7 p.m. on ESPN

Sept. 1 TENNESSEE TITANS, 3pm on CBS 5

(Correction, week 3 will be on ESPN, not a local affiliate)