PDA

View Full Version : Vikings suspend pursuit of Favre

Lurker64
06-09-2009, 07:01 PM
This was surprising: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4246757

Who knew Childress demanded Favre attend OTAs this week? What are the odds this is actually true?

cpk1994
06-09-2009, 07:02 PM

Who knew Childress demanded Favre attend OTAs this week? What are the odds this is actually true?How can Childress demand Favre attend OTA's without a contract?

DonHutson
06-09-2009, 07:04 PM
So they're suspending their pursuit until he decides to show up?

:roll:

Having fun yet, Vikings?

Lurker64
06-09-2009, 07:04 PM
How can Childress demand Favre attend OTA's without a contract?

The same way Brad Childress can have Percy Harvin at OTAs while he's not under contract.

cpk1994
06-09-2009, 07:06 PM
How can Childress demand Favre attend OTA's without a contract?

The same way Brad Childress can have Percy Harvin at OTAs while he's not under contract.That's true.

Pacopete4
06-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Haha.. Espn is a joke! After the NFL network showed them up they probably scrambled for the past day to spin it so they weren't wrong.. Hilarious

HarveyWallbangers
Smells fishy. I think they are trying to get the media off their tail. Maybe they feel that they don't want the publicity until Favre shows up. It won't go away though.

MOBB DEEP
So they're suspending their pursuit until he decides to show up?

:roll:

Having fun yet, Vikings?

lol

cpk1994
06-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Smells fishy. I think they are trying to get the media off their tail. Maybe they feel that they don't want the publicity until Favre shows up. It won't go away though.If that is what Childress is doing, he is an even bigger moron than I thought.

sharpe1027
06-09-2009, 07:09 PM

Who knew Childress demanded Favre attend OTAs this week? What are the odds this is actually true?How can Childress demand Favre attend OTA's without a contract?

IDK, maybe: We need to you show up for OTAs; otherwise, we are going with the QBs we have. :?:

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 07:10 PM
these cats are playn with my emotions like smokie from the movie friday

startn to hate the favre saga

Chevelle2
06-09-2009, 07:16 PM
lol @ this pathetic attempt by Chilly to flex his power

SkinBasket
06-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Nothing is official until the next Gretta interview anyway.

cpk1994
06-09-2009, 07:19 PM
lol @ this pathetic attempt by Chilly to flex his powerWell, he is already blown it with Sage. You don't promise a guy he can compete for the job only to try to bring someone else and in effect say, "I'm sorry. I lied". Childress has to show some authority and try to placate Sage and Tavarius, who he has really screwed over.

Chevelle2
06-09-2009, 07:21 PM
lol @ this pathetic attempt by Chilly to flex his powerWell, he is already blown it with Sage. You don't promise a guy he can compete for the job only to try to bring someone else and in effect say, "I'm sorry. I lied". Childress has to show some authority and try to placate Sage and Tavarius, who he has really screwed over.

To me, they are just giving Favre time to heal. The vikes are deciding to save face, and 'end the pursuit' of him today.

Then when he is healthy, it doesnt look like they waited around for him.

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 07:26 PM
from the nfl network report, vikings fans are MAJORLY on board with bringing in lord favre

while the packer fans wish him ill....lol...dumb, lifeless hicks in wisconsin

ITS 2009 PEOPLE

Lurker64
06-09-2009, 07:33 PM
from the nfl network report, vikings fans are MAJORLY on board with bringing in lord favre

ITS 2009 PEOPLE

10 IF X is a Vikings player THEN wish ill on X.
20 GoTo 10.

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 07:37 PM

ITS 2009 PEOPLE

10 IF X is a Vikings player THEN wish ill on X.
20 GoTo 10.

to me, its not that black and white; i like SEVERAL players that play/played against packers over the years (all badgers, sweetness, barry sanders, prime time, sean FRICKN taylor, sharper, randall, cris carter since college, etc) and didnt wish ill. only that pack won game

ive evloved too much to simply hate anything anti-packers like they're payn my bills and actually care about my welfare

ITS MERE ENTERTAINMENT like a denzel movie ppl

Freak Out
06-09-2009, 07:41 PM
There are three things that smell like fish.....

Tyrone Bigguns
06-09-2009, 07:47 PM

I know 2...what is the third? :oops:

rbaloha1
06-09-2009, 08:01 PM
This is no news. Favre is still rehabbing thus incapable of physically participating.

ESPN is using Favre to create a soap opera to increase viewership and ultimately advertising dollars.

Lurker64
06-09-2009, 08:03 PM

Fish.

SkinBasket
06-09-2009, 08:03 PM
This is no news. Favre is still rehabbing thus incapable of physically participating.

Favre is using ESPN to create a soap opera to increase viewership and ultimately advertising dollars.

fixored.

cpk1994
06-09-2009, 08:10 PM

ESPN is using Favre to create a soap opera to increase viewership and ultimately advertising dollars.ESPN hardly needs Favre to do that. THey have the NBA finals, upcoming US Open, and Wimbledon.

cpk1994
06-09-2009, 08:13 PM

ITS 2009 PEOPLEThe only one that doisen't have a life is you, based on the fact you only show up when Favre is in the news.

RIPackerFan
06-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Doesn't he have to be reinstated to attend OTAs? Anybody know the answer to this?

retailguy
06-09-2009, 08:42 PM

Fish.

This line is from the Zappa song Jumbo go away.

I believe it refers to:

Fish
Bacterial Vaginal infections
Bad breath...

But don't quote me. Ask the zappa expert... That I am not.

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 08:54 PM

ITS 2009 PEOPLEThe only one that doisen't have a life is you, based on the fact you only show up when Favre is in the news.

uhh...isnt he ALWAYS in the news?

im too busy doing more productive things than postn on forums with rude folk..

and just b/c i dont post like a cyber geek doesnt mean im not around; i read EVRYTHING u write and am your biggest fan

one love

cpk1994
06-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Doesn't he have to be reinstated to attend OTAs? Anybody know the answer to this?Since he is not under contract to anybody, he can go to the OTA's as long as that team pproves of him being there.

RIPackerFan
06-09-2009, 09:06 PM
I understand the free agent thing....however, last year, I thought that he couldn't attend the Packers training camp until the commish reinstated him.

If I am not mistaken, he filed his retirement papers so he would need to be reinstated. So, I would believe that he couldn't attend OTAs (at least as a player) for the same reason he couldn't attend the Packers training camp last year until he was reinstated.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-09-2009, 09:07 PM

Fish.

That is one of the two i know...the vajajay is the other.

3rd please.

falco
06-09-2009, 09:12 PM

classy

cpk1994
06-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I understand the free agent thing....however, last year, I thought that he couldn't attend the Packers training camp until the commish reinstated him.

If I am not mistaken, he filed his retirement papers so he would need to be reinstated. So, I would believe that he couldn't attend OTAs (at least as a player) for the same reason he couldn't attend the Packers training camp last year until he was reinstated.Last year the Packers had his rights. THis year no one has his rights as the Jets gave them up. Therefore,m he can pretty much go where he wants as long as he is allowed there.

pbmax
06-09-2009, 09:45 PM
This might be the dumbest story I have ever heard of. He has filed his retirement paperwork and needs to be reinstated by the commish (a process that can take 5 days). He has no contract and he is 11 days off surgery. Sure Chilly and Rob, you betcha!

And cpk, I doubt any veteran player is going to show for OTAs without a contract. There is no leverage if you attend and only risk if you participate. Rookies can show because they sign a letter of understanding that if hurt in sanctioned offseason activities, they will be guaranteed a market contract based on the contracts around their draft position. Favre has no such reference point.

The Vikings are suspending their search until Favre is healthy and that's about it. That's my take.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-09-2009, 09:49 PM
This might be the dumbest story I have ever heard of. He has filed his retirement paperwork and needs to be reinstated by the commish (a process that can take 5 days). He has no contract and he is 11 days off surgery. Sure Chilly and Rob, you betcha!

Maybe Roger doesn't reinstate him!!!

Bossman641
06-09-2009, 09:58 PM

ITS 2009 PEOPLE

yea too bad dey can't be more like u

dayum

Tyrone Bigguns
06-09-2009, 10:00 PM

ITS 2009 PEOPLE

dayum

Vick da man!!!

Fixed

sharpe1027
06-09-2009, 10:01 PM
"They suspended their pursuit." WTF is there to pursue? Favre wants to play for the Vikings if his arm heals.

Great story ESPN, keep up the good work!

Lurker64
06-09-2009, 10:14 PM
"They suspended their pursuit." WTF is there to pursue? Favre wants to play for the Vikings if his arm heals.

Great story ESPN, keep up the good work!

As much as this is true, Favre is SOL if the Vikings decide that they no longer want him.

MOBB DEEP
06-09-2009, 11:09 PM

ITS 2009 PEOPLE

dayum

i know right?!

Freak Out
06-09-2009, 11:35 PM

Fish.

3rd please.

One is fish....the other two are growing on you. :) I know.....bad.

Fritz
06-10-2009, 07:40 AM
I think Don Hutson got it right here. They've suspended pursuit of Favre . . . which means nothing, since the chances of him coming to OTA's without a contract and while not having been reinstated are nil.

The next chapter in this year's saga will be the reinstatement papers. When will they be filed? Will Bus Cook try to pretend it's so Favre has "options" including being able to sign a one day contract and retire as a Packer? Or will he straight up just say yeah, the dude's gonna sign with the Vikes.

And the next story: the contract. How much? How long?

And the following one: how healthy is he? How much throwing will he do at the beginning of training camp?

And, concurrent to that story: what will Rosenjacks say?

The script has been established over the last few years.

I'm looking ahead to next year already, myself. I have this fantasy where it doesn't work out with the Vikes - they don't make the playoffs, there is some disgruntlement in Vikingtown - so Favre retires. In the meantime, the Cutler thing blows up on the Bears. Cutler talks his way out of town - maybe to the Skins - so the Bears are looking for a QB . . .

pbmax
06-10-2009, 07:51 AM
I love that dayum has become a part of everyone's almost regular terminology. It will jump the shark only of Ziggy uses it. :lol:

pbmax
06-10-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm looking ahead to next year already, myself. I have this fantasy where it doesn't work out with the Vikes - they don't make the playoffs, there is some disgruntlement in Vikingtown - so Favre retires. In the meantime, the Cutler thing blows up on the Bears. Cutler talks his way out of town - maybe to the Skins - so the Bears are looking for a QB . . .
Forcing a Bear's fan to root for Favre might be the kind of cosmic shock that will break the Cub's curse and allow them to win the World Series. And we all know after that, the world will quickly end. I vote no on Fritz's End Days scenario. :lol:

Fritz
06-10-2009, 11:17 AM
It's all in the Book of Revelations, man.

DonHutson
06-10-2009, 08:06 PM
lol @ this pathetic attempt by Chilly to flex his power

Chilly's pretty please no longer has sugar on top. Details at 10:00.

Joemailman
06-10-2009, 08:09 PM
It's all in the Book of Revelations, man.

Where did you find out about the Book Of Revelations? On the Internets?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2009, 08:11 PM

Fish.

3rd please.

One is fish....the other two are growing on you. :) I know.....bad.

Gives new meaning to "go fuck yourself."

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2009, 08:17 PM
I love that dayum has become a part of everyone's almost regular terminology. It will jump the shark only of Ziggy uses it. :lol:

has jumped the proverbial shark :lol:

MJZiggy
06-10-2009, 08:20 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath, dear. I'm a purist when it comes to cursing. George Carlin was awesome...

MOBB DEEP
06-10-2009, 08:52 PM
SERIOUS inquiry:

why does the whole favre to minny thing have to be SO clandestine? whats the big deal? if they want him if his arm is sufficient and he wants to come back if he's healthy, WHY NOT SIMPLY SAY IT?

it's not like its tampering and unethical cell phone usage NOW for crying out loud!

Dayum...!!

answers?

HowardRoark
06-10-2009, 09:37 PM
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MINNEAPOLIS-MN/KFAN-AM/PWRTRIP061009_ChildressFINAL.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=MINNEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=612&STATION_ID=KFAN-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=KFAN_AM_1130&PCAST_CAT=Sports_Radio&PCAST_TITLE=Purple_on_Demand_-_Vikings_Podcast

pbmax
06-11-2009, 12:07 AM
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MINNEAPOLIS-MN/KFAN-AM/PWRTRIP061009_ChildressFINAL.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=MINNEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=612&STATION_ID=KFAN-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=KFAN_AM_1130&PCAST_CAT=Sports_Radio&PCAST_TITLE=Purple_on_Demand_-_Vikings_Podcast
Or http://tiny.cc/3Upbb

MOBB DEEP
06-11-2009, 01:30 AM

classy

dont judge me

he he..

MOBB DEEP
06-11-2009, 01:32 AM

I wouldn't hold my breath, dear. I'm a purist when it comes to cursing. George Carlin was awesome...

dont u mean richard pryor; carlin SO emulated him

cant pull up any of those links

dayum

MJZiggy
06-11-2009, 06:32 AM

dayum

Pryor used them, Carlin focused on the words and their uses.

woodbuck27
06-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Forcing a Bear's fan to root for Favre might be the kind of cosmic shock that will break the Cub's curse and allow them to win the World Series. And we all know after that, the world will quickly end. I vote no on Fritz's End Days scenario. :lol:

Bear fans are actually rooting for Favre to become a Viking so they can have a crack at some redemption for all the lickings he put on them as a Packer.

I think with Brett Favre in behind center in Minnesota we can safely say the old Black and Blue division will return at long last. 2009 will be a season that Brett Favre will never forget. I hope he's genuinely up for the challenge.

Fritz
06-12-2009, 05:43 PM
The latest and greatest . . . ESPN reporting that the Vikes are going to send a coach and a trainer down to Mississippi to assess Favre's progress after surgery.

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 08:30 PM

dayum

good point; great era in comedy

Scott Campbell
06-12-2009, 08:33 PM

dayum

Didn't they both rip off Lenny Bruce. I think all comedians borrow other peoples bits and take them to the next level. Except Carrot Top.

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 08:37 PM

dayum

Didn't they both rip off Lenny Bruce. I think all comedians borrow other peoples bits and take them to the next level. Except Carrot Top.

wow, a lenny bruce reference? how old are u?

to be honest, i dont think pryor really had anyone to borrow from with the way he came out

well, maybe folk on the chittlin circuit like redd foxx (yal dont know nuthn about that tho)

Scott Campbell
06-12-2009, 08:40 PM

dayum

wow, a lenny bruce reference? how old are u?

to be honest, i dont think pryor really had anyone to borrow from with the way he came out

well, maybe folk on the chittlin circuit like redd foxx (yal dont know nuthn about that tho)

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/pryor.%20i%20owe%20it%20all%20to%20lenny%20bruce

"Comedic actor RICHARD PRYOR owes his success to underground stand-up hero LENNY BRUCE - because listening to the funnyman "changed his life".

The BREWSTER'S MILLIONS star, 63, forged a Hollywood career after a successful stint on the live stand-up comedy circuit until drug addiction and ill health hit - and Pryor identifies Bruce's influence as the catalyst for his work.

He says, "Lenny changed my life. I never heard anything like him before and I remember thinking, 'If this is comedy, then what the f*** am I doing?'

"So I played his record over and over, every night. It was him who said comedy wasn't about telling jokes - it was about telling the truth."
21/05/2004 12:40"

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 09:43 PM
thats good stuff

thanks SC