06-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Lets keep the hate outa this one. 8-)

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 01:49 AM
purples a horrible color... but I'll love seeing him on Sundays again

GET THAT ARM HEALTHY!

MJZiggy
06-10-2009, 06:29 AM
And you think this is going to work better than the last one because....

RashanGary
06-10-2009, 06:31 AM
And you need a situation where people aren't allowed to disagree with you because? Opinions are meant to be countered. That is what a forum is all about.

Bretsky
06-10-2009, 07:32 AM
As Susan Powers said, "Stop the Insanity"

pbmax
06-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Does anyone remember the code built in to this message board that used to turn Dr. Z's last name of Zimmermann to an insult? Good times, although I like Z.

I wish we could put that code back in so it changed "hater" or "hate" to pineapples. And it changed "love" or "lovers" to spigot. I would love this board so much more. Gex, you do realize this will accomplish the exact REVERSE of your intent? Are you blind to this, or are you really trying to make things worse?

Because I want Patler, Bretsky and Harvey here with good and funny posts. Not a rehash of which side of the Favre divide everyone stands on.

And just to stay on topic, I think Brett's short clipped haircut is a good look for him. Might be his best style since he was 23.

Fritz
06-10-2009, 07:42 AM
You're just so, so wrong, PB. You're nothing but a Favre apologist. A spigot. Complimenting him on that haircut. Come on, get real. The truth is - and you know this, in your heart - that Favre would look awesomely cool if he let his hair grow out and did the gray ponytail thing.

Cheesehead Craig
06-10-2009, 08:09 AM
I just long for a world with no pineapples or spigots and that there are just kangaroos.

retailguy
06-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Do I hear someone singing kumbaya?

Packnut
06-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Good article that really says it all.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-10-morrissey-brett-favre-jun10,0,4482101.column

PackerBlues
06-10-2009, 08:45 AM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-10-morrissey-brett-favre-jun10,0,4482101.column

Good read. lol.......... "It could be worse, sports fans. You could be watching Tarvaris Jackson this season."

That last line about sums it up. Favre in the NFL makes this season something to look forward to, or at the very least, 100% more entertaining than it would be without him.

Packnut
06-10-2009, 09:10 AM

Good read. lol.......... "It could be worse, sports fans. You could be watching Tarvaris Jackson this season."

That last line about sums it up. Favre in the NFL makes this season something to look forward to, or at the very least, 100% more entertaining than it would be without him.

With all the Favre stupidity that goes on, especially in this forum, it's nice to read a sensible article.

Deputy Nutz
06-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Fantastic article, it is unfortunate you have to go to a Chicago paper to read it.

Sums it up for me.

Bossman641
06-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I can understand those backing Favre and wanting him to play purely for the entertainment value it provides. This is the viewpoint Mobb has. This is also the view the article provides, "Favre is still in the top half of QB's, it'll be fun to watch, let him come back." It's hard to argue with that logic and I can't disagree with it.

As a PACKER fan though, I can't understand anyone backing Favre because they want to see him stick it to TT or because they want to see him do well and win a SB. That is in direct conflict of what a Packer fan should want.

Deputy Nutz
06-10-2009, 10:51 AM
I can understand those backing Favre and wanting him to play purely for the entertainment value it provides. This is the viewpoint Mobb has. This is also the view the article provides, "Favre is still in the top half of QB's, it'll be fun to watch, let him come back." It's hard to argue with that logic and I can't disagree with it.

As a PACKER fan though, I can't understand anyone backing Favre because they want to see him stick it to TT or because they want to see him do well and win a SB. That is in direct conflict of what a Packer fan should want.

Because Thompson ain't the fucking Packers.

Zool
06-10-2009, 10:55 AM

As long as he's the GM in GB, he's a Packer. If the Vikings beat the Packers this year with Favre at the helm, will you be happy? This is seriously fucking retarded. Just retire and mean it already.

Bossman641
06-10-2009, 10:58 AM

As Thompson goes, so go the Packers. There's no way for Favre to get even with Thompson, without it also effecting the team.

Bossman641
06-10-2009, 11:01 AM

As long as he's the GM in GB, he's a Packer. If the Vikings beat the Packers this year with Favre at the helm, will you be happy? This is seriously fucking retarded. Just retire and mean it already.

Yes, he will. He's already stated he wants the Packers to go 14-2 and lose in the NFC championship game to the Vikings. Or something similar to that.

Fritz
06-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I was trying to start a perfectly good feud with PB about Favre's hair, and you guys mess it all up.

But I'm not backing down. I don't care what the spigots say. Favre looks like a moran (thanks, Nutz) with that close-shaven look. He'd look oodles better with a long grey pony tail.

Or maybe a mullet. I'd be willing to compromise that much. I'm a rational person.

Gunakor
06-10-2009, 11:22 AM

No, but he represents the Packers. There isn't a goddamn thing Brett can do to Thompson that won't affect the rest of the team or it's fans. For all intents and purposes, Thompson sure as hell IS the fucking Packers. At least as far as the Favre saga is concerned.

Packnut
06-10-2009, 11:47 AM

This BS of Favre is'nt a Packer anymore so as a Packer fan you have to hate him is INSANE! It's a very childish and in-mature attitude. How do you throw out all the fantastic things Favre did as a Packer and what he meant to this organization just because he wants to continue to play?

Don't get me wrong. The LAST thing I ever thought I'd see in my life is Favre as a Viking. It's almost as bad as Favre playing for the Bears. However, the real truth is the only loyalty that exists in sports is a fan's loyalty to his team. To the players, it's nothing more than a business. It's a job plain and simple. Not one of them gives a flying fuck about what uniform they are wearing.

It should not matter to one Packer fan what Brett Favre does or who he plays for anymore than who ANY other player plays for. As Packer fans, we need to worry about one thing and only one thing- The Green Bay Packers.

Bossman641
06-10-2009, 11:57 AM

This BS of Favre is'nt a Packer anymore so as a Packer fan you have to hate him is INSANE! It's a very childish and in-mature attitude. How do you throw out all the fantastic things Favre did as a Packer and what he meant to this organization just because he wants to continue to play?

Don't get me wrong. The LAST thing I ever thought I'd see in my life is Favre as a Viking. It's almost as bad as Favre playing for the Bears. However, the real truth is the only loyalty that exists in sports is a fan's loyalty to his team. To the players, it's nothing more than a business. It's a job plain and simple. Not one of them gives a flying fuck about what uniform they are wearing.

It should not matter to one Packer fan what Brett Favre does or who he plays for anymore than who ANY other player plays for. As Packer fans, we need to worry about one thing and only one thing- The Green Bay Packers.

Look, I agree. You don't have to hate Favre. I guess you can even hope for him to do well although I find that strange, especially those who say they would cheer for Favre against the Packers. I have a hard time considering them Packer fans.

I'm sick of people telling those of us who are tired of Favre and want him to struggle that we are wrong and that he is owed support. If Favre owes the organization and his fans nothing, then we owe him nothing in return.

Gunakor
06-10-2009, 11:58 AM
How do you throw out all the fantastic things Favre did as a Packer and what he meant to this organization just because he wants to continue to play?

If he decided that all he wanted to do was play then I don't think people would be so upset about it. He wants to play, that much is true. But it's not all he wants. It's only part of his desire, his agenda. He'll only play for one team. If any other team called Bus Cook inquiring about his services, they'd be turned down. That doesn't sound to me like someone who just wants to continue to play. So stop with the "But he just wants to play another year" angle, because that's not JUST what he wants. It's not.

Other than that, nobody is throwing out all the fantastic things Favre did as a Packer. We are just putting those memories on the back burner where they belong while Favre is contemplating a return wearing the uniform of the enemy. When he hangs 'em up for good, we'll be able to remember him as a Packer. Can't do that if he looks like a Viking.

I'll be one of his biggest fans on his induction day. Whenever that is.

Packnut
06-10-2009, 12:16 PM

Look, I agree. You don't have to hate Favre. I guess you can even hope for him to do well although I find that strange, especially those who say they would cheer for Favre against the Packers. I have a hard time considering them Packer fans.

I'm sick of people telling those of us who are tired of Favre and want him to struggle that we are wrong and that he is owed support. If Favre owes the organization and his fans nothing, then we owe him nothing in return.

I agree we owe him nothing. I also agree no REAL Packer fan would cheer for him if and when he plays against the Packers. Hell, I hope the Vikes go 0-16 no matter who their freakin QB is. The Vikings are pond scum, just like the Bears.

Packnut
06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
How do you throw out all the fantastic things Favre did as a Packer and what he meant to this organization just because he wants to continue to play?

If he decided that all he wanted to do was play then I don't think people would be so upset about it. He wants to play, that much is true. But it's not all he wants. It's only part of his desire, his agenda. He'll only play for one team. If any other team called Bus Cook inquiring about his services, they'd be turned down. That doesn't sound to me like someone who just wants to continue to play. So stop with the "But he just wants to play another year" angle, because that's not JUST what he wants. It's not.

Other than that, nobody is throwing out all the fantastic things Favre did as a Packer. We are just putting those memories on the back burner where they belong while Favre is contemplating a return wearing the uniform of the enemy. When he hangs 'em up for good, we'll be able to remember him as a Packer. Can't do that if he looks like a Viking.

I'll be one of his biggest fans on his induction day. Whenever that is.

No it's not "he wants to play for one more year angle". He wants revenge on Ted Thompson plain and simple. From a competetive standpoint, I respect the hell out of that.

Brett Favre has always been ruled by his emotions. It's part of what made him one of the greatest QB's of all time. He played with his heart and as Packer fans, it's one of the things we loved about him. So now is'nt it hypocritical as Packer fans if we rip him because that same heart and desire that we loved when he wore Green and Gold are behind his motivation to stick it to Teddy?

Yes, as Packer fans hope that he fails if he is the Minny QB. My problem is with the ignorant SOB's in this forum who continue to take their childish shots at him as a person. The one's who really believe he sits at the computer all day and reads everything that's written about him. Or watches ESPN and NFL network craving to hear anything said about him. My problem is with these morons who rip Favre for his play after being injured and diminish what the injury did to his ability to play QB. To them it's a non-factor and meant nothing. That is total BS.

Brett Favre was a great QB for the Green Bay Packers and what he does or does'nt do in no way can change that fact. However, I want to see Clay Mathews on a blind side blitz, freakin DESTROY whomever is the QB for the Vikes. One has nothing to do with the other............

MOBB DEEP
06-10-2009, 12:45 PM
[quote="Bossman641"]I can understand those backing Favre and wanting him to play purely for the entertainment value it provides. This is the viewpoint Mobb has. This is also the view the article provides, "Favre is still in the top half of QB's, it'll be fun to watch, let him come back." It's hard to argue with that logic and I can't disagree with it.

As a PACKER fan though, I can't understand anyone backing Favre because they want to see him stick it to TT or because they want to see him do well and win a SB. That is in direct conflict of what a Packer fan should want.[/quote

very accurate assessment of my stance boss

SPOT ON article imo

and PLEASE BELIEVE ME, i understand the contradiction/quandry in the packer/tt vs favre issue. i think wat gets lost, tho, is that brett doesnt hate us packer/nfl fans; he just hates TT. i used the benedict arnold analogy last nite b/c it was more about PRIDE than money for him. and its OBVIOUS its the same motivation for favre. b/c i read the bible i know thats not the most optimal way to live one's life but in the entity of pro sports its acceptable, almost expected. thus, i can undersatnd how he felt slighted by TT nem. the sports world created/creates that monster with the fanatacism over these mere humans, making them demigods. then we're shocked that they become entitiled?? go figure

but as i also keep sayn, we as fans have NO control over this; we dont choose draft picks, signings, players quiting on our teams, etc. thats why i decided about 3 years ago to view all this as MERE ENTERTAINMENT, even to the point where i can now enjoy moss catching a TD pass to send jets/pats game into overtime even tho im a brett fan.

even moss in that memorable game was like "i gota see this, this is bret favre here" when he played for vikes

may be hard pill to swallow but ALL these pro atheletes are are simply entertainers. in the past i i would be mad/siock for like 3-4 days after a packer loss. all grumpy and stuff...then one day i had revelation (prayed for deliverance) and realized its NOT THAT SERIOUS....life's tragedies and the clients i deal with in poverty-stricken areas helped me as well. not that im sayn im better than the die hard packer backers (or any other team) but i thank God for my evolving to the point where its EASIER to keep in perspective

STILL cant watch lakers tho, lol

MOBB DEEP
06-10-2009, 12:48 PM
LOL at chilly sayn it musta been deanna that gave brett the deadline tho

how rich...

Gunakor
06-10-2009, 12:54 PM
So now is'nt it hypocritical as Packer fans if we rip him because that same heart and desire that we loved when he wore Green and Gold are behind his motivation to stick it to Teddy?

Substitute "the Green Bay Packers" for the name "Teddy" at the end of that sentence. And there you have it. The reason why many Packer fans are upset over the whole deal. Many of us view Thompson as the top representitive of the Packers, and realize that there isn't any way for Favre to stick it to Teddy without impacting the rest of the team and it's fans.

Is there any way you can think of for Favre to get back at Thompson in such a manner that it would have no impact on the Packers chances of winning the NFC North and contending for a Super Bowl? If there is, does Favre have to join the Vikings to make it work?

I can appreciate his competitiveness and heart. However, I don't agree that he was wronged any more than anyone else in this league who has been released or traded. So no, I don't agree with his motivation to stick it to the Packers. I would hope that he could appreciate the NFL for the business it is, appreciate the fact that he's only an employee of that business and that nothing is guaranteed, appreciate the motivation for Thompson to move ahead with Rodgers, and accept the consequences of his retirement and subsequent unretirement.

He doesn't "deserve" to play for whoever he wants to play for (well, until this year when he is no longer contractually obligated to play for anyone in particular). He deserves to play, I'd agree with that. And if he wasn't so dead set on a particular team - meaning he left open the possibility he'd play for someone else as long as he could play - I wouldn't be so upset by it. But, as you said, he's dead set on sticking it to ole Teddy - and by extension, sticking it to ole Teddy will mean sticking it to the Packers as a whole. I can't support that.

Gunakor
06-10-2009, 12:58 PM
i think wat gets lost, tho, is that brett doesnt hate us packer/nfl fans; he just hates TT.

No, that much isn't lost. We all understand that.

What gets lost is that Favre can't stick it to TT without hurting the Packers. It's not possible. How are Packer fans supposed to view this? How are we supposed to react?

MOBB DEEP
06-10-2009, 12:59 PM

As Thompson goes, so go the Packers. There's no way for Favre to get even with Thompson, without it also effecting the team.

what if favre has the BEST game of his career and aaron stinks yet packers win?! i could live with that as a favre/packer lover

would be win-win since TT would have to admit favre woulda been good addtion last year

MOBB DEEP
06-10-2009, 01:14 PM
i think wat gets lost, tho, is that brett doesnt hate us packer/nfl fans; he just hates TT.

What gets lost is that Favre can't stick it to TT without hurting the Packers. It's not possible. How are Packer fans supposed to view this? How are we supposed to react?

SERIOUSLY gun, do u think favre has anything against his former teammates or packerbackers?

im not sayn he's being rational but he just doesnt see any other way to "save face"

he needs a therapeutic session with me; the ultimate encouraging therapist in the DC metropolitan area - lol.....excuse the arrogance God

MOBB DEEP
06-10-2009, 01:15 PM
So now is'nt it hypocritical as Packer fans if we rip him because that same heart and desire that we loved when he wore Green and Gold are behind his motivation to stick it to Teddy?

Substitute "the Green Bay Packers" for the name "Teddy" at the end of that sentence. And there you have it. The reason why many Packer fans are upset over the whole deal. Many of us view Thompson as the top representitive of the Packers, and realize that there isn't any way for Favre to stick it to Teddy without impacting the rest of the team and it's fans.

Is there any way you can think of for Favre to get back at Thompson in such a manner that it would have no impact on the Packers chances of winning the NFC North and contending for a Super Bowl? If there is, does Favre have to join the Vikings to make it work?

I can appreciate his competitiveness and heart. However, I don't agree that he was wronged any more than anyone else in this league who has been released or traded. So no, I don't agree with his motivation to stick it to the Packers. I would hope that he could appreciate the NFL for the business it is, appreciate the fact that he's only an employee of that business and that nothing is guaranteed, appreciate the motivation for Thompson to move ahead with Rodgers, and accept the consequences of his retirement and subsequent unretirement.

He doesn't "deserve" to play for whoever he wants to play for (well, until this year when he is no longer contractually obligated to play for anyone in particular). He deserves to play, I'd agree with that. And if he wasn't so dead set on a particular team - meaning he left open the possibility he'd play for someone else as long as he could play - I wouldn't be so upset by it. But, as you said, he's dead set on sticking it to ole Teddy - and by extension, sticking it to ole Teddy will mean sticking it to the Packers as a whole. I can't support that.

good points tho about it being a BUSINESS!

Scott Campbell
06-10-2009, 01:15 PM
My problem is with these morons who rip Favre for his play after being injured and diminish what the injury did to his ability to play QB.

How do you feel about morons who rip Ted for drafting underclassmen like Justin Harrell, when they could have drafted seniors like Reggie Nelson?

Gunakor
06-10-2009, 01:23 PM

SERIOUSLY gun, do u think favre has anything against his former teammates or packerbackers?

im not sayn he's being rational but he just doesnt see any other way to "save face"

he needs a therapeutic session with me; the ultimate encouraging therapist in the DC metropolitan area - lol.....excuse the arrogance God

No, I don't think he has anything against his former teammates or Packer fans. That's irrelevant. His intent is to only stick it to Thompson, I get that. Now, do you get the fact that sticking it to Thompson negatively affects more than just Thompson himself? Don't you think that he should see it for what it is? The fact that he has nothing against the Packers or their fans doesn't mean that what he's trying to do won't affect the Packers or their fans.

Is there a way for Favre to stick it to Thompson without involving his former teammates or fans? If so, I could actually support that to an extent. I'm not trying to imply that Thompson handled everything perfectly, although I think he handled things as best he could. But I understand the beef between those two men specifically - so if revenge could be had in a manner that only affected those two men and didn't hurt the team's chances of success I could get behind that. But there isn't one. Favre sticking it to Thompson means he'd be hurting those very people he has nothing at all against. That's what it is. Are you okay with that?

PlantPage55
06-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Is there a way for Favre to stick it to Thompson without involving his former teammates or fans?

That's exactly the key, isn't it? The answer is "no" - not by him playing football anyway.

He could light a bag of dog shit on fire and stick it on TT's doorstep and that's perfectly fine....but if he plays football for the Vikings, then no, he is an enemy to Packers as long as he is a Viking and hurts our team IF he has any success with them.

Gunakor
06-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Is there a way for Favre to stick it to Thompson without involving his former teammates or fans?

That's exactly the key, isn't it? The answer is "no" - not by him playing football anyway.

He could light a bag of dog shit on fire and stick it on TT's doorstep and that's perfectly fine....but if he plays football for the Vikings, then no, he is an enemy to Packers as long as he is a Viking and hurts our team IF he has any success with them.

I'd laugh my ass off if he set a burning bag of dog shit on TT's doorstep :lol: :lol:

Packnut
06-10-2009, 02:05 PM

I guess that's where we differ. I don't view Ted Thompson as "The Packers" anymore than I viewed him as "The Seahawks". He's just like the players. It's strictly a business to him. It's a job, no more no less.

Here, may-be you'll understand the hypocrisy behind your opinion with this analogy. If Teddy got fired tomorrow do you really think he'd turn down his next job offer out of loyalty to the Packer organization and it's fans? Hell no. And if by chance, he got a job as the Bears GM or Vikes GM do you really think he would'nt savor the chance to beat us?

This whole Favre vs Thompson saga has no right or wrong answer. That's the sad thing about it. There is no villain. Neither person did anything "wrong". Favre had a right to change his mind. He had a right to come back as our #1 QB. He earned that right by playing hurt when no other player would have. He earned that right showing up every fucking game and playing his heart out. He earned it by the career year he had in 07.

Now, a case can be made that Teddy had to move on. It was A-Rod's time. He had to find out if he made the right choice in making Rodgers the heir apparent to Brett when he drafted him. I dis-agree with how he handled it but that's neither here nor there.

Now, from a football standpoint, as a Packer fan, Brett Favre at QB for the Vikes is a terrifying thought. We of all people know what a healthy Favre can do with a running game and a little protection no matter who his WR's are. The fact is the 2007 Favre at QB for this Vikings team would be hard to stop. I could see them winning it all just from an x's and o's viewpoint.

However, I don't see a 40 yr old QB who's body has been beat to hell being able to play a full NFL season. Father time is the great equalizer.

Packnut
06-10-2009, 02:09 PM
My problem is with these morons who rip Favre for his play after being injured and diminish what the injury did to his ability to play QB.

How do you feel about morons who rip Ted for drafting underclassmen like Justin Harrell, when they could have drafted seniors like Reggie Nelson?

What the fuck are you talking about? It's been proven based on results Nelson would have been a better pick. I was right about that one, unlike you who has'nt ben right about ANYTHING!

ThunderDan
06-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Here, may-be you'll understand the hypocrisy behind your opinion with this analogy. If Teddy got fired tomorrow do you really think he'd turn down his next job offer out of loyalty to the Packer organization and it's fans? Hell no. And if by chance, he got a job as the Bears GM or Vikes GM do you really think he would'nt savor the chance to beat us?

That is why fans have been demanding Holmgren Way to be renamed. People were and still are pissed that MH went to the Seahags.

Have we cheered for TT for 16 years? Has he gotten us a SB trophy? As fans we don't have as much invested in TT as we did emotionally with BF.

If after 7 years as GM and two Superbowls TT went to Chicago for more money I would be pissed at TT and the BOD for letting him walk. I would flame him big time.

Bossman641
06-10-2009, 02:31 PM

What the fuck are you talking about? It's been proven based on results Nelson would have been a better pick. I was right about that one, unlike you who has'nt ben right about ANYTHING!

Your reasoning was dead wrong though.

You said there's 2 things you don't do as GM - select a player who has been chronically injured, and select an underclassmen.

Your solution, Reggie Nelson, was both of those things. Harrell was neither. Adrian Peterson was both of those things.

That's why the draft is a crapshoot.

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 02:40 PM
That's why the draft is a crapshoot.

totally agreed... theres no saying that Raji or Matthews will be any good ever.. or hell they both could be the best player at their position for 10 years... its hard to judge how a player will switch to the NFL game and its all about a player getting put in the right situations ala Brett Favre.

The thing people have bitched about was that it seems as though TT never is trying to win now.. like hes never going after the guy that might put us near the top or over it whether or not its the draft or free agency...

the reason people are so excited about this years draft is cuz he did trade up... will it pan out? We'll see in due time..

Lurker64
06-10-2009, 02:42 PM
I hope that Favre is eating a diet rich in dietary fiber.

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 02:47 PM

what if favre has the BEST game of his career and aaron stinks yet packers win?! i could live with that as a favre/packer lover

would be win-win since TT would have to admit favre woulda been good addtion last yearTT isn't going to admit squat. He has no reason to. ONe bad game by Aaron will not change that. You are delusional(or apart of the Favre Cult)to beleve otherwise.

Gunakor
06-10-2009, 02:48 PM

In reality, the only thing that matters is the here and now. So I hadn't thought of it that way, but since you bring it up, I suppose I'd feel the same way if Thompson handled his release the same way. You know, if he made revenge the emphasis behind his next employment and did so publicly. If he just quietly went on and took his next job, without fueling a media circus by going on national television taking shots against his former employer and vowing revenge, I'd wish him luck and hope he gets his ass kicked twice a year by the Packers. Same as the pro-Favre crowd here views the Favre in this situation.

If Favre had just quietly taken his next job, kept his ego in check, stayed out of the media, and just focused on winning football games rather than proving a point, he'd still have my full support. If Thompson took his next job with the Bears and declared his next mission in life is to beat the Packers, ala Lovie Smith, I'd jump on him same as I have Favre.

pbmax
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I was trying to start a perfectly good feud with PB about Favre's hair, and you guys mess it all up.

But I'm not backing down. I don't care what the spigots say. Favre looks like a moran (thanks, Nutz) with that close-shaven look. He'd look oodles better with a long grey pony tail.

Or maybe a mullet. I'd be willing to compromise that much. I'm a rational person.
I don't know what the rest of this hullabaloo about retirement and deadlines, but I can tell you this: A source inside the Favre Family Beauty Salon told me that if he were to grow his hair out to a ponytail or mullet as has been suggested by some supporters of terrorism, that Favre would look less like Fabio and more like the Crypt Keeper.

Yes, you have heard it here first, part of Favre's short crop haircut was to support his wife, but also was a Matt Lauer attempt to conceal some "shortcoming" in the follicle department. I don't even think the most venomous Favre pineapples would want that. Stay tuned for more scalp coverage. Brought to you by Propecia.

Fritz
06-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if Favre, Deanna, Ted, and Mike all went on Dr. Phil?

Ted: "It hurts me when you talk like that, Brett."

Deanna: "Don't listen to him, Brett, he's a liar! I saw him with Aaron Rodgers before you retired!"

Dr. Phil: "Is that true, Ted? Were you seeing Aaron before you broke up with Brett?"

Ted: "Well, yes, but we were only seeing each other because of work. That's all it was, really."

Brett's eyes fill with tears.

Brett: "I . . . I so want to believe you . . . but I just can't any more. It hurts, man. It just hurts."

Deanna hugs him.

Fritz
06-10-2009, 03:17 PM

I don't know what the rest of this hullabaloo about retirement and deadlines, but I can tell you this: A source inside the Favre Family Beauty Salon told me that if he were to grow his hair out to a ponytail or mullet as has been suggested by some supporters of terrorism, that Favre would look less like Fabio and more like the Crypt Keeper.

Yes, you have heard it here first, part of Favre's short crop haircut was to support his wife, but also was a Matt Lauer attempt to conceal some "shortcoming" in the follicle department. I don't even think the most venomous Favre pineapples would want that. Stay tuned for more scalp coverage. Brought to you by Propecia.

Ha! That sounds like more Mortenson/Werder ESPN crap to me, PB!

Didn't you even hear? Chilly told KFAN just today that there are no team rules about haircuts and facial hair. If Favre wants a ponytail, he can have one.

I smell Dick Cheney's involvement in this, too.

Fabio? C'mon. Who you trying to kid? Favre with a ponytail would look like any number of good, red-blooded middle-aged American men who want to remind the world of how tough they used to be, how rebellious and devil-may-care they were before they became Dads and faithful husbands, before that bald spot started spreading out.

He gets himself a Harley and rides into Minneapolis with it, and it's all good.

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 03:22 PM

Yes, you have heard it here first, part of Favre's short crop haircut was to support his wife, but also was a Matt Lauer attempt to conceal some "shortcoming" in the follicle department. I don't even think the most venomous Favre pineapples would want that. Stay tuned for more scalp coverage. Brought to you by Propecia.But BRett's pilot has now refuted this post Deanna rufuses to let Brett gow his hair out to a ponytail or muillet. He goes on to say that Brett is angry and will appear on Greta Van Sisteren later this week to air his grivences about Deanna his hair then.

pbmax
06-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Maybe T2 could travel to Hattiesburg and stand under Brett's window with an iPod iLife speaker set and play a Peter Gabriel song in commemoration of what they used to have together?

Or Brett could write the pineapples a sonnet:

Alas! 'tis true, I have gone here and there,
And made my self a Jet to the view,
Gored mine audibles, sold cheap jeans most dear,
Made old offences of Mangenius new;
Most true it is, that I have looked on DVD
Askance and strangely; but, by all above,
The endzone camera angle is best
These bench backups scare my heart with youth,
And McGinn proved thee my best of cannon.
Now all is done, have what shall have no end:
Mine appetite I never more will retire
On newer proof, to try an older fan,
A god in pads, to whom I am confined.
Then give me welcome, next team my heaven the best,
Even to thy pure and most most loving spigots.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2009, 06:49 PM
As Susan Powers said, "Stop the Insanity"

When making a cultural reference, it is best to actually reference the person correctly. :lol:

POWTER

MJZiggy
06-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I guess that's where we differ. I don't view Ted Thompson as "The Packers" anymore than I viewed him as "The Seahawks". He's just like the players. It's strictly a business to him. It's a job, no more no less.

If Ted got fired tomorrow, does Brett just quit? Or does he keep trying to beat the PACKERS? Does he just lay an egg in that game because he no longer has a beef with anyone on the team?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2009, 07:00 PM

Nobody has said because Favre ain't a packer you have to hate him.

BTW, labeling anyone childish and "in-mature" is kinda hilarious coming from you:

1. Your posts define irony on that issue
2. You can't even spell immature correctly
3. You label yourself as Cerebral, yet you have trouble spelling, making logical arguments, and create bs strawmen all the time.
4. Your avatar is of 3 naked women....many would find that quite at odds with being cerebral and mature...infact, many would label that childish.

Bretsky
06-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I won't argue but I'm not fond of thinking TT is the GB Packers

I love the GB Packers
But I'm still not too fond of TT

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 08:38 PM

I love the GB Packers

:glug:

Harlan Huckleby
06-10-2009, 08:41 PM

I love the GB Packers

Why do you blame TT rather than MM ?

Bretsky
06-10-2009, 08:42 PM

I love the GB Packers

Why would I blame MM ?

Overall I think he's done about what he should with the talent we had

mission
06-10-2009, 09:56 PM

I love the GB Packers

Why would I blame MM ?

That's about as close to a Partial post as you've ever made ... or that I remember.

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=16114

Harlan Huckleby
06-10-2009, 10:25 PM

I love the GB Packers

Why would I blame MM ?

MM refused to take FAvre back on the team, not TT.

Bretsky
06-10-2009, 10:36 PM

If Ted got fired tomorrow, does Brett just quit? Or does he keep trying to beat the PACKERS? Does he just lay an egg in that game because he no longer has a beef with anyone on the team?

Favre wants to play regardless of what TT does; he only knows football

Bretsky
06-10-2009, 10:40 PM

I love the GB Packers

Why would I blame MM ?

You guys are confusing; this has nothing to do with Favre

Is it anti homeristic to say I have just as much or more faith in MM as a coach that I do with TT as a GM ? I don't get it

Bretsky
06-10-2009, 10:41 PM

I love the GB Packers

Why would I blame MM ?

That's about as close to a Partial post as you've ever made ... or that I remember.

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=16114

And your comment to me makes no sense; I've never called for MM's head nor have I called for TT's head.

And Partial is right on more shit than some give him credit for; he's just the popular PR punching bag these days

What is wrong with liking our coach more than our GM :?: :?: :?:

Harlan Huckleby
06-10-2009, 10:55 PM

Is it anti homeristic to say I have just as much or more faith in MM as a coach that I do with TT as a GM ? I don't get it

96.3% of all TT haters turned against him mostly over the Favre fiasco.

Perhaps you are in the 3.7%

Bretsky
06-10-2009, 10:58 PM

96.3% of all TT haters turned against him mostly over the Favre fiasco.

Perhaps you are in the 3.7%

Your assumption shows me how little you read my posts :lol:

He may prove me to be wrong, but I've never really jumped on TT as the great one everybody makes him out to be well before Favre. I'll be happy to be proven wrong if/when he wins a title.

Harlan Huckleby
06-10-2009, 10:59 PM
I know you are a long-time TT hater.

homophobe!

Bretsky
06-10-2009, 11:05 PM
I know you are a long-time TT hater.

homophobe!

I prefer to be called a Questionner

Harlan Huckleby
06-10-2009, 11:08 PM
ahhh, bi-curious. I would not have guessed. Keep questioning, friend.

gex
06-10-2009, 11:25 PM

quote packnut:
. If Teddy got fired tomorrow do you really think he'd turn down his next job offer out of loyalty to the Packer organization and it's fans? Hell no. And if by chance, he got a job as the Bears GM or Vikes GM do you really think he would'nt savor the chance to beat us?

pbmax
06-10-2009, 11:34 PM
I love the GB Packers
Why would I blame MM ?
Color me surprised that this thread got back on track, if off topic.

I think the only unanswered question is how M3 and T2 came to their decision. How mutual was it or who drove the bus?

Bretsky also raises a good point. I think Favre would be doing this regardless of the state of the Packer franchise. My guess is that the lure of the Super Bowl and the hope that Manning breaks a leg might be as much incentive as poking a stick in T2's eye.

gex
06-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Ted is an asshat and a weasel and untill he is gone Packer Nation will be divided.
Plain truth, the healing will start when he is gone, the only way around it is a super bowl win, and that still may be bittersweat because so many Packer faithfull(the one who feel for the organization as a living identity of players and people)do not trust him. 8-)

Bretsky
06-10-2009, 11:41 PM
I love the GB Packers
Why would I blame MM ?

I think the only unanswered question is how M3 and T2 came to their decision. How mutual was it or who drove the bus?

Bretsky also raises a good point. I think Favre would be doing this regardless of the state of the Packer franchise. My guess is that the lure of the Super Bowl and the hope that Manning breaks a leg might be as much incentive as poking a stick in T2's eye.

all good points

IMO TT drove the bus but I don't care anymore

Favre has few friends left in football so as all he has left is family and football. His family will be around but he's not ready to give up the game. I think he's still addicted to the game and would love to win a title.

The TT stuff is a bonus but IMO not the main reason he's going to wear purple and yellow. It is a convenient reason for fans to beat the snot out of him if they choose

pbmax
06-10-2009, 11:41 PM

quote packnut:
. If Teddy got fired tomorrow do you really think he'd turn down his next job offer out of loyalty to the Packer organization and it's fans? Hell no. And if by chance, he got a job as the Bears GM or Vikes GM do you really think he would'nt savor the chance to beat us?

If Ted retired to get out of his contract or to skip having to prepare for the draft, then unretired at his convenience to force a trade or get his release or run the draft in place of his replacement, then yes, I would think it was underhanded.

As for the Bears or Vikings, doesn't bother me a but for either guy.

gex
06-10-2009, 11:47 PM

quote packnut:

If Ted retired to get out of his contract or to skip having to prepare for the draft, then unretired at his convenience to force a trade or get his release or run the draft in place of his replacement, then yes, I would think it was underhanded.

As for the Bears or Vikings, doesn't bother me a but for either guy.

Favre was a big part of US winning a super bowl and a big part of US making it to the NFC championship game. He has earned our respect, tt has restocked our roster with youth and potential. tt has not earned anything yet. IF and when he does then we will give it to him and he will deserve it. 8-)

Patler
06-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Favre was a big part of US winning a super bowl and a big part of US making it to the NFC championship game. He has earned our respect, tt has restocked our roster with youth and potential. tt has not earned anything yet. IF and when he does then we will give it to him and he will deserve it. 8-)

TT was the man who put together the roster for the team that got to the NFC Championship game. Favre gets credit for that success, but TT does not? I believe 41 of the 53 players on the roster that day were players brought to GB by Thompson.

If the Packers had made it to the Super Bowl, would you feel differently about TT?

MOBB DEEP
06-11-2009, 01:11 AM

No, I don't think he has anything against his former teammates or Packer fans. That's irrelevant. His intent is to only stick it to Thompson, I get that. Now, do you get the fact that sticking it to Thompson negatively affects more than just Thompson himself? Don't you think that he should see it for what it is? The fact that he has nothing against the Packers or their fans doesn't mean that what he's trying to do won't affect the Packers or their fans.

Is there a way for Favre to stick it to Thompson without involving his former teammates or fans? If so, I could actually support that to an extent. I'm not trying to imply that Thompson handled everything perfectly, although I think he handled things as best he could. But I understand the beef between those two men specifically - so if revenge could be had in a manner that only affected those two men and didn't hurt the team's chances of success I could get behind that. But there isn't one. Favre sticking it to Thompson means he'd be hurting those very people he has nothing at all against. That's what it is. Are you okay with that?

i DEF get your point

it appears there's no "decent" solution then unless favre just swallows pride and stays retired

or, as i think u or another poster said, if he just played for a non-divsion team

sigh, its all STILL a big mess even after aaron did well, thompson saved face, favre made pro bowl, etc

in your opinion, whats a good remedy?

i certainly didnt think it would drag out for 17 months

MOBB DEEP
06-11-2009, 01:26 AM
I love the GB Packers
Why would I blame MM ?

lol as usual...

this guy gets it....

Gunakor
06-11-2009, 09:43 AM
In your opinion, whats a good remedy?

it appears there's no "decent" solution then unless favre just swallows pride and stays retired

You nailed it.

Packerarcher
06-11-2009, 09:52 AM
I love the GB Packers
Why would I blame MM ?

all good points

IMO TT drove the bus but I don't care anymore

Favre has few friends left in football so as all he has left is family and football. His family will be around but he's not ready to give up the game. I think he's still addicted to the game and would love to win a title.

The TT stuff is a bonus but IMO not the main reason he's going to wear purple and yellow. It is a convenient reason for fans to beat the snot out of him if they choose

Where is your proof that Brett has few friends left in football. There are many ex and current players that have been on record as supporting Brett.

Scott Campbell
06-11-2009, 10:21 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/DosaRavengard/Will_Stuff/Brent.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
06-11-2009, 10:24 AM

You nailed it.

Why should he stay retired if he wants to play?

People say Favre is crazy for continually changing his mind. I think the fans are far crazier for thinking he should make choices to fulfill their wet dreams.

Scott Campbell
06-11-2009, 10:30 AM

You nailed it.

People say Favre is crazy for continually changing his mind. I think the fans are far crazier for thinking he should make choices that reenforce their own personal wet dreams.

Brett's the one that made a big deal out of saying he'd never play for anyone else. Brett's the one that always made a big deal out of being a Packer. Brett's the one that made a big deal out of retiring as a Packer.

Now he wants to stick it to the Packers, and you think people are crazy for not being real supportive?

Gunakor
06-11-2009, 10:38 AM

You nailed it.

People say Favre is crazy for continually changing his mind. I think the fans are far crazier for thinking he should make choices to fulfill their wet dreams.

I'm not going to get into this one again Harlan. I really, REALLY don't think he's coming back just because he wants to play. This has nothing to do with my wet dreams. It has to do with respect for the game and the team that made Favre what he is, which is MUCH more than he was before 1992. He should not feel the need to seek revenge, and since he does, he should just swallow his pride and decide not to seek it anyway.

KYPack
06-11-2009, 10:55 AM
and that still may be bittersweat because so many Packer faithfull(the one who feel for the organization as a living identity of players and people)do not trust him. 8-)

bittersweat?

A new fragrance?

Fritz
06-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Sounds like some kind of flower to me.

Harlan Huckleby
06-11-2009, 11:10 AM

People say Favre is crazy for continually changing his mind. I think the fans are far crazier for thinking he should make choices that reenforce their own personal wet dreams.

Brett's the one that made a big deal out of saying he'd never play for anyone else. Brett's the one that always made a big deal out of being a Packer. Brett's the one that made a big deal out of retiring as a Packer.

Now he wants to stick it to the Packers, and you think people are crazy for not being real supportive?

Come on, every marriage is for ever and ever, richer or poorer. But shit happens. ITs not like we can't still be friends.

Harlan Huckleby
06-11-2009, 11:10 AM
.. this damn interweb never works right.

Harlan Huckleby
06-11-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm not going to get into this one again Harlan. I really, REALLY don't think he's coming back just because he wants to play. This has nothing to do with my wet dreams. It has to do with respect for the game and the team that made Favre what he is, which is MUCH more than he was before 1992. He should not feel the need to seek revenge, and since he does, he should just swallow his pride and decide not to seek it anyway.

I guess I am both sides of the issue. (as usual? :lol: ) I agree with what you say about the ridiculousness of his Blood Vengence.

I just don't let it bother me too much. And I like that he wants to play, even if there is that dark side to it. So he is fulfilling my own personal wet dream of a life of playing a boy's game. Why grow up unless you absolutely have to?

Fritz
06-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Ohhh....I thought this said "Good Vikes Thread..."

Joemailman
06-11-2009, 05:10 PM
There are no Good Vikes. They're all a bunch of back-stabbing, grandmother-robbing vandals.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-11-2009, 08:18 PM
There are no Good Vikes. They're all a bunch of back-stabbing, grandmother-robbing vandals.

I think brett would disagree, both times.

ThunderDan
06-11-2009, 09:04 PM

You forgot ho-banging-on-a-lake

woodbuck27
06-12-2009, 04:20 PM

Do you have hair on your chest and muscles on your forehead to fit in with your macho intimidation MJ? :D

woodbuck27
06-12-2009, 04:36 PM

Isn't this the TRUTH?

'' He (Favre) was the runner-up to Tom Brady as the NFL's most valuable player in that 2007 season and Brett Favre played well for the Jets last year until he got hurt. ''

Question?

Is there a better candidate for the starting QB job already in Minnesota?

Should Brett Favre place loyalty to the Green Bay Packers over a consumming desire to win another Super Bowl?

Has that desire declined since he tried his best to ensure we landed Randy Moss for the 2007 season, while our esteemed GM went to sleep on that job?

Was Ted Thompson ever on the same page as Brett Favre since his arrival?

This season we may well see (finally) how it all plays out. This is really looking more and more like Favre Vs Ted Thompson. High drama indeed

Gunakor
06-12-2009, 05:40 PM

We don't know that yet. Haven't seen Sage play yet. But I do know they don't need a top 10 QB to make that offense go, because Adrian Peterson might be the best active RB in the league and the line blocking for him ain't bad. Gus Ferrotte took them to the playoffs for crying out loud.

Should Brett Favre place loyalty to the Green Bay Packers over a consumming desire to win another Super Bowl?

No. But his loyalty to the Packers and their/his fans should be placed above his consuming hatred of Ted Thompson. Beyond that, he should make his consuming desire to win another Super Bowl the emphasis behind his return, rather than make reported comments to the contrary to his buddy Peter King.

Has that desire declined since he tried his best to ensure we landed Randy Moss for the 2007 season, while our esteemed GM went to sleep on that job?

Can't agree that he went to sleep on the WR's. So we didn't get Moss. When we didn't get Moss did TT fall asleep on the WR problem? Hell no. He fixed it and then some. New England can only wish they had a WR corps as deep as ours is.

This is my biggest problem with the pro-Favre crowd. They think that THOMPSON should have been on FAVRE'S page. I challenge you to go to work on Monday and demand that your boss get on YOUR page. It doesn't work that way. Was Favre ever on Thompson's page? Don't you think that might have had something to do with the beef between them? The ONLY people who have to be on Brett's page are the other 10 guys in the huddle with him. Brett needs to be on the HC's page, the HC needs to be on the GM's page, etc. That's the way the ladder goes. The GM does not answer to the quarterback, nor does he take instruction on how to do his job from the quarterback. So who the hell cares if Thompson was on Favre's page?

Bretsky
06-12-2009, 05:45 PM
I doubt there is a GM in the game besides maybe TT (I doubt he'd ever want to deal with him again) who would choose Sage Rosenfels over a healthy Favre to give him the best chance to win in 2010.

woodbuck27
06-12-2009, 05:48 PM

We don't know that yet. Haven't seen Sage play yet. But I do know they don't need a top 10 QB to make that offense go, because Adrian Peterson might be the best active RB in the league and the line blocking for him ain't bad. Gus Ferrotte took them to the playoffs for crying out loud.

No. But his loyalty to the Packers and their/his fans should be placed above his consuming hatred of Ted Thompson. Beyond that, he should make his consuming desire to win another Super Bowl the emphasis behind his return, rather than make reported comments to the contrary to his buddy Peter King.

Can't agree that he went to sleep on the WR's. So we didn't get Moss. When we didn't get Moss did TT fall asleep on the WR problem? Hell no. He fixed it and then some. New England can only wish they had a WR corps as deep as ours is.

This is my biggest problem with the pro-Favre crowd. They think that THOMPSON should have been on FAVRE'S page. I challenge you to go to work on Monday and demand that your boss get on YOUR page. It doesn't work that way. Was Favre ever on Thompson's page? Don't you think that might have had something to do with the beef between them? The ONLY people who have to be on Brett's page are the other 10 guys in the huddle with him. Brett needs to be on the HC's page, the HC needs to be on the GM's page, etc. That's the way the ladder goes. The GM does not answer to the quarterback, nor does he take instruction on how to do his job from the quarterback. So who the hell cares if Thompson was on Favre's page?

All fine rebuttals or responses to my ?'s Gunakor.

but what is this ** about specifically please Gunakor ?

** No. But his loyalty to the Packers and their/his fans should be placed above his consuming hatred of Ted Thompson. Beyond that, he should make his consuming desire to win another Super Bowl the emphasis behind his return, rather than make reported comments to the contrary to his buddy Peter King.

Gunakor
06-12-2009, 05:58 PM

All fine rebuttals or responses to my ?'s Gunakor.

but what is this ** about specifically please Gunakor ?

** No. But his loyalty to the Packers and their/his fans should be placed above his consuming hatred of Ted Thompson. Beyond that, he should make his consuming desire to win another Super Bowl the emphasis behind his return, rather than make reported comments to the contrary to his buddy Peter King.

The two sentences are related.

He told Peter King that a big part of the reason for his return last season was to show up Ted Thompson. That irked his Jets teammates a bit, as it should have. You can't make the argument that it's all about his desire to win another Super Bowl when he says he's coming back for other reasons. His Jets teammates saw through the bullshit same as I and others here at PR have.

If he wants to win another Super Bowl, more power to him. Nothing wrong with that at all. But don't sit there and tell people that you want revenge and expect us to believe that you just want to win football games. I ain't buyin it.

MJZiggy
06-12-2009, 06:23 PM

Do you have hair on your chest and muscles on your forehead to fit in with your macho intimidation MJ? :D

Could you please explain to me what it macho or intimidating about this question? Now I need hair on my chest to ask a question? Considering the train wreck that the other turned into and how this one followed right along, I think it was a valid question (which, by the way was never answered).

Scott Campbell
06-12-2009, 07:58 PM

Our "esteemed" GM in fact won the prestigious Executive of the Year award for his work on the 07 campaign. I'm guessing the voters know a lot more about job performance criteria than you do.

cpk1994
06-12-2009, 08:00 PM

Our "esteemed" GM in fact won the prestigious Executive of the Year award for his work on the 07 campaign. I'm guessing the voters know a lot more about job performance criteria than you do.How dare you ruin a good rant with facts. For shame. :lol:

Scott Campbell
06-12-2009, 08:00 PM

Another unprovoked personal attack - unacceptable. This helps with understanding why you've been run off from here a few times.

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 08:15 PM

Another unprovoked personal attack - unacceptable. This helps with understanding why you've been run off from here a few times.

dang SC, he did employ the cute smilie face

lighten up, this is the good vibrations thread 'member?

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 08:18 PM
hey SC (or some1 else), where the heck is madtown?

i been away for a while (as cpk says, i only surface to slurp lord favre) and dont know if he threw in the towel tryna keep this place reputable...

Packerarcher
06-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Gunakor,why on earth should Brett feel any loyalty to GB? GB certainly showed Brett no loyalty. I strongly disagree with you that GB did more for Favre than he did for them. There is absolutely NO loyalty in pro sports anymore. So why blame the player?

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Gunakor,why on earth should Brett feel any loyalty to GB? GB certainly showed Brett no loyalty. I strongly disagree with you that GB did more for Favre than he did for them. There is absolutely NO loyalty in pro sports anymore. So why blame the player?

qft; way to go youngn

Scott Campbell
06-12-2009, 08:28 PM

i been away for a while (as cpk says, i only surface to slurp lord favre) and dont know if he threw in the towel tryna keep this place reputable...

He sold the place and vamoosed.

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 08:33 PM

thats hilarious SC

are u serious tho?

i recall him being exasperated in a PM he sent me during FIRST farve fiasco; askn me to be a promoter of peace...,lol

Gunakor
06-12-2009, 08:34 PM

GB showed Brett no loyalty? Really?

SIXTEEN SEASONS he played here!

Brett would have no SB ring if Ron Wolf hadn't traded a first round pick for him to get him out of Atlanta. Brett would not be living in such a luxurious estate as he is if not for the $100+ million dollars we paid him. He probably had the most fun he's ever had over that time too, having built a great many lasting personal relationships with players and coaches within the Packers organization. And you can't figure out why he should feel any loyalty at all?

Scott Campbell
06-12-2009, 08:35 PM

thats hilarious SC

are u serious tho?

i recall him being exasperated in a PM he sent me during FIRST Favre fiasco; askn me to be a promoter of peace...,lol

Not kidding. Joe the Administrator is our new owner. I'm pretty sure Madtown told him to keep a very close eye on you.

pbmax
06-12-2009, 08:53 PM
There is not. And that in itself is an indictment of the entire Viking front office. When a 39 year old who has been unable to finish seasons strongly and is coming off an arm injury, is you best hope for a deep playoff run, then you have misplayed your hand.

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 09:25 PM

thats hilarious SC

are u serious tho?

i recall him being exasperated in a PM he sent me during FIRST Favre fiasco; askn me to be a promoter of peace...,lol

Not kidding. Joe the Administrator is our new owner. I'm pretty sure Madtown told him to keep a very close eye on you.

ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 09:26 PM

GB showed Brett no loyalty? Really?

SIXTEEN SEASONS he played here!

Brett would have no SB ring if Ron Wolf hadn't traded a first round pick for him to get him out of Atlanta. Brett would not be living in such a luxurious estate as he is if not for the $100+ million dollars we paid him. He probably had the most fun he's ever had over that time too, having built a great many lasting personal relationships with players and coaches within the Packers organization. And you can't figure out why he should feel any loyalty at all?

SIGH.....

Scott Campbell
06-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I think it was a mutually beneficial arrangement where both parties prospered.

SnakeLH2006
06-13-2009, 01:31 AM
Seriously...Not to sound Noobish, but who's this Favre guy anyway? :shock:

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 06:53 AM
lol at lord favre saying lombardi went to redskins and no one fussed

who ya kiddn brett?

great point, tho, that time heals all wounds; guess he's banking on that with the ardent packerbackers who want him to fail and care more about his "legacy" than they should.....

Fritz
06-16-2009, 11:17 AM
There is not. And that in itself is an indictment of the entire Viking front office. When a 39 year old who has been unable to finish seasons strongly and is coming off an arm injury, is you best hope for a deep playoff run, then you have misplayed your hand.

"Handoff to Peterson" should be the favorite phrase of Minnesotans this year.

hoosier
06-16-2009, 12:27 PM

You nailed it.

I don't think he's coming back just for the love of the game, but I'm not sure he's coming back (or "thinking about" coming back) just to screw TT either. If that was his only motivation, I don't think he would have done the Joe Buck interview, which seems to be part of Favre's strategy of playing hardball with the Vikings ownership.

Gunakor
06-16-2009, 01:02 PM

You nailed it.

I don't think he's coming back just for the love of the game, but I'm not sure he's coming back (or "thinking about" coming back) just to screw TT either. If that was his only motivation, I don't think he would have done the Joe Buck interview, which seems to be part of Favre's strategy of playing hardball with the Vikings ownership.

Just is the wrong word to use in either sentence. He's not just coming back for this or just coming back for that.

Part of him is seeking revenge, and that is still wrong IMO. He shouldn't feel the need to, even a little bit, given the mutually beneficial relationship he had with the Packers for 16 seasons. As messy as the divorce ended up being, it still should have been left at that IMO, ironically for the same reasons that Favre supporters use to continue to support him - 16 great seasons as a Green Bay Packer.

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 01:33 PM

You nailed it.

Just is the wrong word to use in either sentence. He's not just coming back for this or just coming back for that.

Part of him is seeking revenge, and that is still wrong IMO. He shouldn't feel the need to, even a little bit, given the mutually beneficial relationship he had with the Packers for 16 seasons. As messy as the divorce ended up being, it still should have been left at that IMO, ironically for the same reasons that Favre supporters use to continue to support him - 16 great seasons as a Green Bay Packer.

thats a fair point

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 03:09 PM
deanna looked nice today