PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett Bush

HarveyWallbangers
06-10-2009, 11:25 AM
I think some people underestimate his special teams ability. Like Will Blackmon, he hasn't developed at corner like his athletic ability would lead you to believe. Like Blackmon, his abilitiy on special teams gives him a spot on the team.

rbaloha1
06-10-2009, 12:08 PM
As a special teamer fine. The Packers added Anthony Smith and the Cincy rookie which the Sporting News is high on due to his length and athletic ability.

JB is a lousy safety or corner. IMO JB does not make the final roster.

pittstang5
06-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I gotta believe the coaches see him being something. If not, then why would the Packers have matched the offer he got from Tenn? I'm thinking at least a back up safety. I think he makes the roster, but I won't be decimated if he's cut.

Someone's gonna lose out - Bush (assuming Bush is now a safety), Rouse, Peprah, maybe even Smith (Smith - it wouldn't be the first time TT signed someone in the off-season and cut them after TC)

Harlan Huckleby
06-10-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm surprised he got a new contract.

I disqualified myself from voting because it took me about 5 seconds to remember who the guy is. He made a splach in training camp and faded.

Patler
06-10-2009, 01:06 PM
The 4th safety, the 5th CB, the overall 10th DB if they have one, will make the team based almost completely on ST performance. If they are key ST performers, they will suit up on game day ahead of guys who are better position players than they are. The hope is that guys like that play little on defense anyway. Bush could fall into that category.

sheepshead
06-10-2009, 01:08 PM
He's an athletic guy. Maybe he'll be one of those that benefits from the new "D" mind trusts.

Freak Out
06-10-2009, 01:44 PM
He makes the team because of his STs play. Would he be playing more zone in the new D? I would assume he might be a better zone guy than man but who knows?

Fritz
06-10-2009, 02:45 PM
I wish to argue for a new designation - if "ST" is a guy who's a special teams player, and "D" stands for a defensive player, then a guy who is primarily a special teams player but also plays some defense should be an "STD"

What say?

Gunakor
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
I wish to argue for a new designation - if "ST" is a guy who's a special teams player, and "D" stands for a defensive player, then a guy who is primarily a special teams player but also plays some defense should be an "STD"

What say?

I'd say Bush needs to consult a doctor ASAP.

Joemailman
06-10-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm thinking Bush makes it. His special teams play, plus Collins' absence is giving him extra reps at safety in addition to his corner duties. TT loves guys who can play more than one position.

DonHutson
06-10-2009, 08:15 PM
When somebody posted that thread with all of the players ages, I was surprised how young Bush was. Seems like he's been here forever, but he's only what? 24?

So he has experience, athleticism, and time to get better.

All he really needs is some ear lube so he can get his head out of ass, and he'll be all set.

I'm going out on a limb to say he finds his ear lube this year, and he makes the team.

SnakeLH2006
06-13-2009, 01:57 AM
Jarrett Bush is very lucky to make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. Very lucky.