PDA

View Full Version : Adam Graessle cut

Chevelle2
06-10-2009, 02:26 PM
The Packers have cut P Adam Graessle. - per Tom's twitter.

I thought he was good?

Pacopete4
06-10-2009, 02:30 PM
I didnt mind the punter we had at the end of the season last year.. hopefully he'll just stick and do his f'ing job

Fritz
06-10-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm rooting for D. Brooks.

pittstang5
06-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Figured they wouldn't take 3 punters into TC. I was pulling for him since he's a fellow Pitt alumni.

Wonder who they're going to sign in his place.

Fritz
06-10-2009, 02:46 PM
They've got two - Durant Brooks and the dude from last year, Jeremy Krapinos.

Kapinos, I mean. Kapinos.

Gunakor
06-10-2009, 02:55 PM

I like Kapinos. He doesn't have the strongest leg in the world, but he seemed to have a knack of killing a punt where it lands. That's especially useful when trying to pin a team inside their 10 yard line. I guess I'd rather have a guy like that than a guy who has a 45 yard net avg. but 20 touchbacks to go along with it.

Fritz
06-10-2009, 03:06 PM
He's fine, or okay - nothing against the guy. I just couldn't resist the too-easy play on his name.

packrat
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Statistics are especially misleading when it comes to a punter who booms it when it doesn't matter and shanks it when it does. Frost is the prime example. I hope we can do better than Kapinos, but I can live with him.

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 03:18 PM

I like Kapinos. He doesn't have the strongest leg in the world, but he seemed to have a knack of killing a punt where it lands. That's especially useful when trying to pin a team inside their 10 yard line. I guess I'd rather have a guy like that than a guy who has a 45 yard net avg. but 20 touchbacks to go along with it.So you would rather have Kapinos's than Craig Hentrich, becuase your latter description was Craig in GB.

Joemailman
06-10-2009, 06:52 PM
One reason Hentrich had a lot of touchbacks was that Holmgren didn't want his punter angling for the sideline. He felt it increased the possibility of shanks.

Kapinos is okay. He kicked pretty well in some bad weather late last year, which is a factor that shouldn't be overlooked.

MadScientist
06-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Disappointing since I was hoping for a punter with a strong leg. MM said he had the strongest leg of the 3 but didn't say what was wrong. Hopefully one of the other two will be serviceable.

Too bad they used all those picks on Mathews, they could have use a #3 on a punter :)