PDA

View Full Version : JH's OTA Report

RashanGary
06-10-2009, 03:54 PM
I watched Allen Barbre (starting RT) for the entire hour I was there. I showed up shortly after warmups. I think I got to see all of the 11 on 11’s.

Barbre was faced off against Kampman, Raji (RDE) or some other outside blitzer. Kampman probably went against him between 5 and 10 times. Raji went against Barbre about 5 times. Chillar and other blitzers went against him maybe 3 or 4 times.

Barbre won every battle except one. Chillar beat Barbre badly on the edge. Barbre didn’t get back at all to set up and Chillar had Flynn wrapped up.

Other than the one time he got beat, he held up very, very well in both the run game and the pass game. Kampman had a good speed rush once, but Barbre kept him outside, giving Rodgers a nice pocket to step into and fire a strike.

He looked very strong in the run game. One play, in particular, he rooted Raji out one on one. Raji eventually got a counter move on, but it was well after Barbre had moved him out of the play.

I watched Barbre almost exclusively, but when 11 on 11’s weren’t happening I was closer to QB/WR action. Very few balls hit the ground in any of the drills. This has to be the cleanest camp I remember for guys not dropping the ball. Almost everything is caught.

Tramon Williams had a great pass breakup on a deep ball to Jones. Jones had a chance, but Tramon used perfect technique, looking back for the ball, playing the ball in the air and getting his hands on the ball, causing an incompletion.

I tried to also watch Jermichael Finley when the 2nd team was in (not Barbre). He caught several passes. He looked comfortable. He didn’t do anything that made me say wow, but he didn’t drop anything or do anything noticeably wrong either.

Odds and ends:

Jordy Nelson looks like the biggest WR (combination height and weight) other than Jamarko Simmons.
Simmons is HUGE. He does not look anything like the other WR’s. If he can trim down, who knows. .
I sat by Brett Swain’s girl friend and some other chick who know Jarrett Bush. They kept talking about Brett and Jarrett. It was a little annoying. They were kinda hot, but nothing special. Well dressed, smelled good, annoying.

cpk1994
06-10-2009, 03:57 PM
I sat by Brett Swain’s girl friend and some other chick who know Jarrett Bush. They kept talking about Brett and Jarrett. It was a little annoying. They were kinda hot, but nothing special. Well dressed, smelled good, annoying.At first I thought you were talking about Brett and Jarrett. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

pbmax
06-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Great stuff JH. Was Kampman rushing from a standup start or was he in a three point stance?

Raji would have been on the defense's left side, do I imagine this correctly?

Did Barbre stay at RT for the whole practice with the ones?

If Raji was at end, was Pickett back?

RashanGary
06-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Great stuff JH. Was Kampman rushing from a standup start or was he in a three point stance?

Raji would have been on the defense's left side, do I imagine this correctly?

Did Barbre stay at RT for the whole practice with the ones?

If Raji was at end, was Pickett back?

Kamp rushed from standup and hand down. He had his hand down in all nickle/dime situations (aver half of the time). Reports tend to focus on what Kampman cannot do, but they forget to mention he's playing DE half of the time out there.

Barbre was starting RT the whole practice with the ones and occasionally with 2's

Pickett was back

Freak Out
06-10-2009, 04:32 PM
So Barbre gave up one sack in 20 plays give or take? Finley only has to block, run a good route and hang on to the ball at this time....he can blow us away after he can handle the basics. I followed him on twitter for about a day before he just grew too fucking annoying. Truly brutal. Barnett is bad but Finley makes him look like the Bard.

RashanGary
06-10-2009, 04:35 PM
About one in 20, yeah.

Joemailman
06-10-2009, 04:36 PM
JH,

Packersnews says they are lining up the safeties as right/left, instead of strong/weak. Is that the way you saw it? I suppose if you're playing zone, it makes sense to approach it that way.

pbmax
06-10-2009, 05:24 PM
All reporting had them down as having a free and strong responsibilities. But I do recall the coaches referring to left and right. My guess is that left and right might give you the names, but their roles will be different. Just like we have a left and right OLB who do not flop, but their assignments change depending on strength and defensive adjustments.

Bigby has got to be up close to LOS more often than not.

RashanGary
06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
JH,

Packersnews says they are lining up the safeties as right/left, instead of strong/weak. Is that the way you saw it? I suppose if you're playing zone, it makes sense to approach it that way.

Didn't pay attn, but McCArthy talked about it in his presser. He said that's how they run it, no strong or free, only left and right.

Brando19
06-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks, JH. Very cool you get to attend some of the OTA's. I'm kinda jealous. So we should be pretty excited about Barbre, huh? I guess Tauscher is 100% gone for good?

Harlan Huckleby
06-10-2009, 07:31 PM
I watched Allen Barbre (starting RT) for the entire hour I was there.

whatever floats your boat.

Freak Out
06-10-2009, 07:36 PM
BTW.....did you see your namesake out there at all?

RashanGary
06-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks, JH. Very cool you get to attend some of the OTA's. I'm kinda jealous. So we should be pretty excited about Barbre, huh? I guess Tauscher is 100% gone for good?

Don't know yet. He's a question mark. That's why I'm focusing on him.

MadScientist
06-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks JH for the report. When Barbre was not in there, did you continue to watch the RT situation? If so any thoughts about how Kampy, etc looked vs the backups? The reason I ask is because you previously talked about watching the OTA's to look at an unknown vs a known, but with the defense change and Kampman's comments, can we be sure he is a known? If they look good against the backup RT's, then it is a good sign about Barbre.

gbpackfan
06-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I like that part where you wrote Swain's girl "smelled good." HA HA HA HA HA. What kind of chicks do you normally hang around? :D :P

mission
06-10-2009, 08:30 PM
I like that part where you wrote Swain's girl "smelled good." HA HA HA HA HA. What kind of chicks do you normally hang around? :D :P

LOL he *does* live in northern Wisconsin. :P

Nice report, JH.. keep em comin!

KYPack
06-10-2009, 10:04 PM
JH, you definitely have a nose for news!

RashanGary
06-11-2009, 06:30 AM
Thanks JH for the report. When Barbre was not in there, did you continue to watch the RT situation? If so any thoughts about how Kampy, etc looked vs the backups? The reason I ask is because you previously talked about watching the OTA's to look at an unknown vs a known, but with the defense change and Kampman's comments, can we be sure he is a known? If they look good against the backup RT's, then it is a good sign about Barbre.

With the 2nd unit, I tended to focus on Finley (another big question mark). I'm not worried (at all) about Kampman not being an elite pass rusher or good in the run game. He's been that for the last 5 years, it's not going to go away because some plays he has to cover. I consider Kampman being an elite pass rusher to be as close to an accepted fact as there is on this team.

Fritz
06-12-2009, 07:12 AM
I sat by Brett Swain’s girl friend and some other chick who know Jarrett Bush. They kept talking about Brett and Jarrett. It was a little annoying. They were kinda hot, but nothing special. Well dressed, smelled good, annoying.At first I thought you were talking about Brett and Jarrett. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

Actually, I laughed out loud when I read JH's most succinct summary:

"Well dressed, smelled good, annoying."

However, I am still uncertain as to how a young woman who is well dressed and smells good can be annoying.

Bretsky
06-12-2009, 07:19 AM

Actually, I laughed out loud when I read JH's most succinct summary:

"Well dressed, smelled good, annoying."

However, I am still uncertain as to how a young woman who is well dressed and smells good can be annoying.

Main question is did they smell the same.........you know they dressed each other .........after.........

RashanGary
06-12-2009, 07:28 AM
In order to bring you that report I got in some uncomfortable situations. I was behind them, pretending like I was trying to get a better look at the Packers and I was really trying to get close to them to smell their necks.

The one girl was bending her head and shrugging her shoulder to sort of block me out. The other girl was just laughing uncomfortably like, "what is up with this guy". She wanted it.

Then, after that, I dropped my keys. When I was bending down I was trying to get a smell of their butts. It was very invigorating. They smelled good.

They left shortly after that.

hoosier
06-12-2009, 07:43 AM
In order to bring you that report I got in some uncomfortable situations. I was behind them, pretending like I was trying to get a better look at the Packers and I was really trying to get close to them to smell their necks.

The one girl was bending her head and shrugging her shoulder to sort of block me out. The other girl was just laughing uncomfortably like, "what is up with this guy". She wanted it.

Then, after that, I dropped my keys. When I was bending down I was trying to get a smell of their butts. It was very invigorating. They smelled good.

If you promise to stick to the sports reporting from now on, we will double your salary. :lol:

RashanGary
06-12-2009, 07:44 AM
If you promise to stick to the sports reporting from now on, we will double your salary. :lol:

I have a few restraining orders. If you could get those lifted, you have a deal. I can't wait to meet 007.

Fritz
06-12-2009, 08:24 AM

So tell us a little bit about yourself, JH.

RashanGary
06-12-2009, 08:44 AM
So tell us a little bit about yourself, JH.

Well, I'm a 28 year old guy, pretty normal overall. People, women in particular, tell me they feel uncomfortable around me. I know they just say that because my charm and confidence is intimidating to them. They are insecure, so my strength is a little too impressive to them.

Um, I have a history of short relationships with women. I find them online. I tend to look for women who seem very down trodden or well, I don't want to say weak, but down trodden at the moment is good. I like to do good things for people, so I look at it as an opportunity to build them up, make them strong. Plus I like control, but that's something I'm very judicious about. I'm always looking out for their best interest.

I do have a short criminal record, mostly disorderly conducts, restraining orders and residential abuse (lying witches are out to get me).

But, yeah, I'm a pretty outgoing guy. I have a lot going for me, so if any of you ladies are interested, pm me. I'm just a really fun person. There's nothing unstable or creepy about me. Just your typical well adjusted American with everything going for me.

Zool
06-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Whats funny to me is, I can't tell if you're joking.

Scott Campbell
06-12-2009, 09:06 AM

I need to go buy some insurance after reading that.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/geico.jpg

pbmax
06-12-2009, 09:50 AM
JH is just trying to protect the women who sense his power and seek the life essence. He does not avoid women, however but he does deny them his essence.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjE0MTk1NjkzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzA1MjE1Mg@@._ V1._SX252_SY400_.jpg

hoosier
06-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I wonder if he let them in on his theory of flouridation...."Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream."