PDA

View Full Version : NFC North Head Coaches, Who gets canned 1st?

sheepshead
06-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Then replaced by a big name or at least the boards will be screaming for Cowher, Holmgren, Shanahan, Chucky etc.

I see a high chance of one of these teams going 8-8 / 7-9

Brando19
06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
No Detroit head coach? I guess one win this season is enough to save him his job.

hoosier
06-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Hmmm, NFC North coaches, McCarthy, Chilly and Lovie. What's wrong with this picture? Did we leave Jim Schwartz out of the running because (a) you're pretty sure he's going to outlast at least one other NFCN coach or (b) because the nature of his position is so volatile that he doesn't really have any group of peers, excepting perhaps the position of manager of the 1975-88 New York Yankees?

sheepshead
06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Ok, here's my rationale - These three teams are stacked up and healthy. Assume Favre in Minnesota and all the changes in Chicago. We could all go 8-8 or some such thing, One thing for sure is we wont all go 13-3. It just wont happen, and there's the rub. That's what the expectation is for each team. If the Bears dont make the playoffs Angelo and Lovie are history. I think you could make a case for Childress and McCarthy if the same thing happens. Of course Schwartz is gonna get some time to right that ship.

I'm just saying if one of these teams goes 8-8 / 9-7 that HC is fired.

Joemailman
06-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Chilly. I'm not sure Favre can be effective for a full season anymore. Because of that, the 2009 Vikes could end up like the 2008 Jets.

hoosier
06-10-2009, 08:45 PM
The Bears have no chance in hell of going 13-3. Their defense is getting long in the tooth, their receiver corps is possibly the worst in the league (none of their WRs would even make the Packers roster), and outside of Forte and Cutler they don't have any real weapons on offense. I can't believe that anyone outside of the most deluded Bears fans really thinks that team is a threat to go deep into the playoffs. If they win the division it will only be because GB and Minn lose the division.

That said, I won't be surprised if Chilly is the first to get the axe. That will be a slightly sad day for Packer fans, I think.

sheepshead
06-10-2009, 08:48 PM
I say Lovie and Angelo. They went for broke on this one. The Bear fans will be screaming for Shanahan by Halloween.

sheepshead
06-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Chilly. I'm not sure Favre can be effective for a full season anymore. Because of that, the 2009 Vikes could end up like the 2008 Jets.

Although this seems quite likely.

The Leaper
06-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Chilly...if they miss the playoffs this year, he is toast.

RIPackerFan
06-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I think that MM is gone only if they have another sub-.500 season - which should not be the case. As long as they are .500 or better - MM is safe.

I also don't think the expectation of LS is that higher - unless they are sub-.500, he is probably safe.

Childress, though, if Favre comes, will be gone if they don't make the play-offs, regardless of the record. If they go 11 - 5 and miss the play-offs, he's gone. Surprisingly, if Favre does not come - I think the same record and they don't make the playoff - he won't be on the chopping block. Frankly, Favre coming will put more pressure on Childress...so I am going with Childress.

pbmax
06-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Say hello to Chucky in Purple.

Guiness
06-11-2009, 01:14 AM
I saw Lovie because I think Childress gets the boot if the Vikes don't make the playoffs - but Lovie could well be gone if the team starts off slow, which could happen.

If the Bears start 1-3 or something, Lovie could be gone early. I think Childress will be able to hang in there for the season, anyways.

McCarthy? Why would anyone want to get rid of a coach who's 8-0 at the midway point? :shock:

(we sooo need a kool-aid emoticon)

Pacopete4
06-11-2009, 01:26 AM
I see a great year from the Vikings and a pretty good year for the Bears with signs of improvement... I see the packers falling on their faces outta the gate but making improvement by the end of the year but just not enough... MM is fired to save TT's ass for one more season of his garbage

MOBB DEEP
06-11-2009, 01:29 AM
I see a great year from the Vikings and a pretty good year for the Bears with signs of improvement... I see the packers falling on their faces outta the gate but making improvement by the end of the year but just not enough... MM is fired to save TT's ass for one more season of his garbage

surprise surprise....

im actually thinkn chilly will under perform b/c he chokes like mangini

and amid high expectations zig cans him

cpk1994
06-11-2009, 03:26 AM
I see a great year from the Vikings and a pretty good year for the Bears with signs of improvement... I see the packers falling on their faces outta the gate but making improvement by the end of the year but just not enough... MM is fired to save TT's ass for one more season of his garbageHate to dissappoint ya, but TT doesn't have to save his ass nor will McCarthy be fired this year no matter what happens. Changing DC's gives them bnoth this year free. IF they don't do well this year, next year they go on the hot seat. But niether one of them will be fired at the end of this season.

falco
06-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Hate to dissappoint ya, but TT doesn't have to save his ass nor will McCarthy be fired this year no matter what happens. Changing DC's gives them bnoth this year free. IF they don't do well this year, next year they go on the hot seat. But niether one of them will be fired at the end of this season.

Wow, that's an awfully definitive statement. Sure hope we don't go 4-12, it may put your theory to the test.

sheepshead
06-11-2009, 07:18 AM
I was thinking we could all go 10-6. Beat up on each other and one team gets in on head-to-head points. I think that's unlikely however.

bbbffl66
06-12-2009, 11:03 AM
I see a great year from the Vikings and a pretty good year for the Bears with signs of improvement... I see the packers falling on their faces outta the gate but making improvement by the end of the year but just not enough... MM is fired to save TT's ass for one more season of his garbageHate to dissappoint ya, but TT doesn't have to save his ass nor will McCarthy be fired this year no matter what happens. Changing DC's gives them bnoth this year free. IF they don't do well this year, next year they go on the hot seat. But niether one of them will be fired at the end of this season.

It's already getting a little warm for TT and MM. If Chilly and BF get to the SB or NFC Champ game and MM goes 7-9, say hello to new HC Capers

Deputy Nutz
06-12-2009, 11:15 AM
I say Lovie Smith. If the Bears get off to slow start he is going to get canned. They have invested too much in Cutler and have built momentum in the off season through the media and the front office,

McCarthy and Thompson are to attached for him to fire Mike during the season, but he could be the first one let go in the off season if the Packers struggle again, He will be the fall guy for Thompson, or both him and Thompson will be shown the door.

Childress will be fired if Favre wants to play but isn't signed by the Vikings and Sage or Tavaris struggle and it costs the Vikings a trip to the playoffs. If Favre doesn't come back because his arm is shot, I think Childress gets a pass as long as his team makes the playoffs.

But certainly Lovie Smith he is black.

woodbuck27
06-12-2009, 06:01 PM

The 2008 Jets won 4 ( count to four ) games in 2007 without Brett Favre and nine games with Favre last season.

Gunakor
06-12-2009, 06:08 PM

The 2008 Jets won 4 ( count to four ) games in 2007 without Brett Favre and nine games with Favre last season.

How many did they win in 2006 with Pennington? 2005? 2004?

Weird.

Joemailman
06-12-2009, 06:12 PM

Injuries can destroy a team. The 2005 Green Bay Packers won 4 (count to four) games in 2005 with Brett Favre.

cpk1994
06-12-2009, 07:55 PM

Injuries can destroy a team. The 2005 Green Bay Packers won 4 (count to four) games in 2005 with Brett Favre.But that season was TT's fault according to some.

Scott Campbell
06-12-2009, 08:05 PM

I guess Maritimes logic excludes spending sprees on free agency.

Dabaddestbear
06-13-2009, 12:38 AM
The Bears have no chance in hell of going 13-3. Their defense is getting long in the tooth, their receiver corps is possibly the worst in the league (none of their WRs would even make the Packers roster), and outside of Forte and Cutler they don't have any real weapons on offense. I can't believe that anyone outside of the most deluded Bears fans really thinks that team is a threat to go deep into the playoffs. If they win the division it will only be because GB and Minn lose the division.

That said, I won't be surprised if Chilly is the first to get the axe. That will be a slightly sad day for Packer fans, I think.
I qoute you guys only because this is the only way I can save this crap that is written.

Its funny that you say the Bears ONLY have Forte and Cutler, but even without Cutler the Bears were winning against you guys, and better yet have the 2nd best record in the NFC over the last 4 years. But yeah , you right adding Cutler will make them WOrse..lol.

I think None of the coaches in the NFC north will get fired unless they only win 6 games, which I dont see happening to the teams mentioned.

SnakeLH2006
06-13-2009, 01:12 AM
No Detroit head coach? I guess one win this season is enough to save him his job.

LOL Detroit don't count. They aren't an NFL team are they? :shock:

Anyway, can't believe Childress lasted this long. Great X's O's guy as a coordinator, but hasn't he learned anything by bending over for the Favre drama. What is Brett gonna play one year? 2? That's gonna save your job. I give props to Lovie and MM for making tough decisions and winning something at some point. Childress is a joke.