PDA

View Full Version : Another award for Brett

b bulldog
06-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Fox Sports has recently given the award for being the NFL's biggest diva to..........Brett Favre. IMO, this is a nobrainer and it fits perfectly. In all seriousness, the Vikings would be a great fit for him. They are the best team in the North with or without him and when brett's yearly end of the year collapse begins, they can just hand the rock to Purple Jesus. Personally, I hope the Packers D breaks him in half and forces him into retirement.

pbmax
06-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Welcome back bulldog. I hope the Packer D does convince Favre to retire, although I will settle for bruising rather than broken. I wonder if someone gets a chance to plant him like Reggie White did the year before he signed with the Packers, will they take the shot?

Reggie has said, and McGinn has written, that White clearly tried to injure Favre on that hit. McGinn describes it as White, with Favre trying to twist his body to better absorb the landing with White on top, grabs Favre's arm and pulls it back, so he can't use it to absorb the blow. Separated Favre's left shoulder when he landed on it with it extended.

How would people react to that hit today?

RashanGary
06-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Who, me? Nah.

http://www.packerchatters.com/userfiles/image/Tundra_Favre.jpg

KYPack
06-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Yeah, welcome home, doggie.

Well, you goit to bust BF's balls, that's always fun for ya.

Now somebody should post an anti-Brady sentiment and get you all stirred up.

Fritz
06-12-2009, 07:07 AM
It won't be me. Way back when, when Lloyd Carr was dumb enough - and btw, I said so at the time, go me - to split the QB position between Drew Henson and Tom Brady, I thought that Brady did not get near enough credit. He was accurate and just did not make mistakes. However, Lloyd Carr has some serious wood for Drew Hensen, and promised him playing time if he'd come to U-M. So they split time, Brady often playing the first half of games, Hensen appearing later.

I thought Brady was a very, very solid guy. I did not see stardom for him, but liked him a lot. Thought he was the best Michigan QB since Johnny Wangler.

Packnut
06-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Fox Sports has recently given the award for being the NFL's biggest diva to..........Brett Favre. IMO, this is a nobrainer and it fits perfectly. In all seriousness, the Vikings would be a great fit for him. They are the best team in the North with or without him and when brett's yearly end of the year collapse begins, they can just hand the rock to Purple Jesus. Personally, I hope the Packers D breaks him in half and forces him into retirement.

I remember going at it with you after the 06 season when you made a billion posts about the same shit. Favre is washed up, he sucks blah blah blah. Then Favre stuck it right up your ass with that 07 season and you were silenced. Now you've been back taking your cheap shots whenever you can. Have you no shame????????????????????

Scott Campbell
06-12-2009, 11:00 AM

I remember going at it with you after the 06 season when you made a billion posts about the same shit. Favre is washed up, he sucks blah blah blah. Then Favre stuck it right up your ass with that 07 season and you were silenced. Now you've been back taking your cheap shots whenever you can. Have you no shame????????????????????

I think you earn the right to call him out on this AFTER you man up on your JH and Reggie Nelson comments.

KYPack
06-12-2009, 11:20 AM
It won't be me. Way back when, when Lloyd Carr was dumb enough - and btw, I said so at the time, go me - to split the QB position between Drew Henson and Tom Brady, I thought that Brady did not get near enough credit. He was accurate and just did not make mistakes. However, Lloyd Carr has some serious wood for Drew Hensen, and promised him playing time if he'd come to U-M. So they split time, Brady often playing the first half of games, Hensen appearing later.

I thought Brady was a very, very solid guy. I did not see stardom for him, but liked him a lot. Thought he was the best Michigan QB since Johnny Wangler.

Johnny Wangler. eh?

Fritz, is your name in honor of Fritz Crisler?

b bulldog
06-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Note to Packnut, during the 07 season, please look at the last quarter of the season and the playoffs :lol: He played well when it all wasn't on the line but as usual, when it came down to crunch time, int!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he will do fine again this season until week 10 or so when his old, flabby core and legs, let him down as they have been doing. The stats clearly show that.

MOBB DEEP
06-12-2009, 09:30 PM

Johnny Wangler. eh?

KY, saw a nice documentary on bobby kennedy vs lyndon johnson the other day; both had major issues

good stuff irish man

KYPack
06-12-2009, 10:03 PM

Johnny Wangler. eh?

KY, saw a nice documentary on bobby kennedy vs lyndon johnson the other day; both had major issues

good stuff irish man

Mobb, had no idea you knew I was Irish and a Kennedy freak.

Bobby was a little off, but LBJ?

I used to lunch with his Dallas mistress at a private club in Oakcliff. Someone really needs to write an in-depth book about that sick SOB! Easily the most depraved US politican ever.

SnakeLH2006
06-13-2009, 01:29 AM
Someone really needs to write an in-depth book about that sick SOB! Easily the most depraved US politican ever.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/DrPhilGoode/MonicaLewinsky.png

MOBB DEEP
06-13-2009, 12:49 PM

Johnny Wangler. eh?

good stuff irish man

I used to lunch with his Dallas mistress at a private club in Oakcliff. Someone really needs to write an in-depth book about that sick SOB! Easily the most depraved US politican ever.

i know ALL about you - lol

yeah, i guess LBJ was immensely paranoid and insecure (probaly b/c he wasnt a Harvardite - lol), his wife lady bird continually needn to encourage him. he also got played by hoover's snake tail

i really like what bobby kennedy appeard to stand for (his politics), although he appears to have been quite the elitist along with jackie o

i bet jfk was more down to earth privately

u dated said mistress?

MOBB DEEP
06-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Someone really needs to write an in-depth book about that sick SOB! Easily the most depraved US politican ever.

he he....

but clintons transgressions pale in comparison to what transpired during jfk, hoover, lbj's era of corruption FOR SURE

Packerarcher
06-13-2009, 02:17 PM
So IF Brett comes back and plays for the Vikes and tears it up how many of you wishing ill on him will admit you are wrong.

LP
06-13-2009, 02:27 PM
It doesn't matter if, who or how. I think he's been acting like a dickhead, and I wish ill on anyone who acts that way.

Fritz
06-13-2009, 02:37 PM

Johnny Wangler. eh?

good stuff irish man

If the (in)famous story is true about LBJ sitting on the pot w/door open and speaking to whomever it was (DC politician) he was trying to intimidate, it would appear that LBJ and Najeh D. had a few pastimes in common...

MOBB DEEP
06-13-2009, 02:39 PM

Johnny Wangler. eh?

good stuff irish man

If the (in)famous story is true about LBJ sitting on the pot w/door open and speaking to whomever it was (DC politician) he was trying to intimidate, it would appear that LBJ and Najeh D. had a few pastimes in common...

lmbo; havnt heard that one.....

KYPack
06-13-2009, 02:57 PM

Johnny Wangler. eh?

good stuff irish man

yeah, i guess LBJ was immensely paranoid and insecure (probaly b/c he wasnt a Harvardite - lol), his wife lady bird continually needn to encourage him. he also got played by hoover's snake tail

i really like what bobby kennedy appeard to stand for (his politics), although he appears to have been quite the elitist along with jackie o

u dated said mistress?

Hardly. Madeleine was in her mid 70's when I knew her. She died several years ago. She showed me around the remnants of the Dallas scene that she lived in as Johnson's long time mistress. LBJ supported her and fathered a son with her, so you could say they were "going steady". She was a fun lady. I went to some parties, ate lunch and other meals with her.

There is so much that happened in those days, it was ridiculous.

She intoduced me to Billie sol Estes and other characters from that time. it was very interesting.

MOBB DEEP
06-13-2009, 03:08 PM

Johnny Wangler. eh?

good stuff irish man

u dated said mistress?

Hardly. Madeleine was in her mid 70's when I knew her. She died several years ago. She showed me around the remnants of the Dallas scene that she lived in as Johnson's long time mistress. LBJ supported her and fathered a son with her, so you could say they were "going steady". She was a fun lady. I went to some parties, ate lunch and other meals with her.

There is so much that happened in those days, it was ridiculous.

She intoduced me to Billie sol Estes and other characters from that time. it was very interesting.

GREAT anctedotes

are u a politician or journalist?

cpk1994
06-13-2009, 03:26 PM
So IF Brett comes back and plays for the Vikes and tears it up how many of you wishing ill on him will admit you are wrong.Why should I admit wrong when Favre will still be a selfish prima donna dickhead who pissed on the Green Bay Packers?

Gunakor
06-13-2009, 04:03 PM
So IF Brett comes back and plays for the Vikes and tears it up how many of you wishing ill on him will admit you are wrong.

If Brett comes back and plays for the Vikes and completely bombs, losing head to head against the Packers twice, and the Packers win the division anyway, how many of you bashing TT for trading Favre away in favor of Rodgers will admit that maybe Thompson got it right last summer?

gex
06-13-2009, 04:16 PM
So IF Brett comes back and plays for the Vikes and tears it up how many of you wishing ill on him will admit you are wrong.Why should I admit wrong when Favre will still be a selfish prima donna dickhead who pissed on the Green Bay Packers? :roll: :roll: :roll:

cpk1994
06-13-2009, 04:20 PM
So IF Brett comes back and plays for the Vikes and tears it up how many of you wishing ill on him will admit you are wrong.Why should I admit wrong when Favre will still be a selfish prima donna dickhead who pissed on the Green Bay Packers? :roll: :roll: :roll:Truth hurts huh.

MOBB DEEP
06-13-2009, 05:10 PM

If Brett comes back and plays for the Vikes and completely bombs, losing head to head against the Packers twice, and the Packers win the division anyway, how many of you bashing TT for trading Favre away in favor of Rodgers will admit that maybe Thompson got it right last summer?

EVERYONE knows that if favre plays for vikes minny wins div

probably they win even w/o favre; as it stands, pack will win half of games AT BEST 9-7 (and that hurts!)

so stop dreaming; TT wrecked packers!

and if we get lucky and aaron is best qb in div it has NUTHN to do with TT, but #12's skills

The Shadow
06-13-2009, 05:25 PM

probably they win even w/o favre; as it stands, pack will win half of games AT BEST 9-7 (and that hurts!)

and if we get lucky and aaron is best qb in div it has NUTHN to do with TT, but #12's skills

Why? I certainly don't see compelling evidence to support that.

ThunderDan
06-13-2009, 07:49 PM

Who drafted ARod when we already were set at QB?

Packerarcher
06-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Note to Packnut, during the 07 season, please look at the last quarter of the season and the playoffs :lol: He played well when it all wasn't on the line but as usual, when it came down to crunch time, int!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he will do fine again this season until week 10 or so when his old, flabby core and legs, let him down as they have been doing. The stats clearly show that.

Hey dipshit Al Harris lost that championship game as much or more as anyone. Harris couldn't even cover a hobbled Burris.

Packerarcher
06-13-2009, 09:18 PM
So IF Brett comes back and plays for the Vikes and tears it up how many of you wishing ill on him will admit you are wrong.Why should I admit wrong when Favre will still be a selfish prima donna dickhead who pissed on the Green Bay Packers?

My you are a close minded moron aren't you.

Packerarcher
06-13-2009, 09:21 PM

I will be the first to admit that Brett should have stayed retired. I will NEVER admit TT got it right as he is a cancer to the Pack.

cpk1994
06-13-2009, 09:32 PM

My you are a close minded moron aren't you.You are calling someone else closeminded? Congratulations on the most hypocritcal post of the year. :shock:

Scott Campbell
06-13-2009, 09:58 PM
I admit TT got it right as he removed cancer from the Pack.

Fixed.

MJZiggy
06-13-2009, 11:30 PM

Hey dipshit Al Harris lost that championship game as much or more as anyone. Harris couldn't even cover a hobbled Burris.

So NOW it's ok to blame the defense, but Rodgers plays with a sieve on the other side of the ball and those losses are all on him...!?

Fritz
06-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Looking for consistency and sense, Zigs, is mostly futile here. There are some posters here who display those traits, but not too many.

Most people - myself included, to some degree, form ideas and then pick and choose information to support that idea. If you love Brett Favre you can mold the available information so Favre looks like a poor, hapless guy who got screwed by TT. If you're not in that camp, you can pain Favre as a manipulative, selfish bastard.

And since information is not the basis of most claims, or if selective information is all that's used, it seems almost inevitable that so many threads turn into this:

"Hey, you're an asshat!"

"No I'm not. You are!"

I would like to think that those posters who (in my opinion, crazily) believe TT is the ruin of the Packers will be able to judge his tenure after the next two seasons in a fair way. If the Packers do well (I think they will), you can hardly say he has dragged them back to 80's levels (I don't see how a 13-3 season in '07 fits in with that claim). If the team though goes 6-10 and 5-11 or even 7-9, you could say TT hasn't gotten the ob done.

However, it seems more likely that if the Packers do well, the anti-TT people will say:

- it was luck (one poster has already claimed this in advance of this season)
- they did it in spite of TT

or the anti-TT forces will simply get quiet.

Now, if the Packers suck the next two years, it's certainly possible the pro-TT people will respond in similar fashion and have excuses - injuries, no CBA, whatever.

I prefer the posters who understand that the world is not black and white, but gray.

Gunakor
06-14-2009, 12:39 PM

What happens if you are wrong Mobb? What happens if Favre bombs and the Vikes do NOT win the divison? EVERYONE doesn't know that - hell, EVERYONE doesn't even think that. Stop fooling yourself into believing that the Vikings have won the division already in the month of June. Crazy talk that is.

Gunakor
06-14-2009, 12:42 PM
I will be the first to admit that Brett should have stayed retired. I will NEVER admit TT got it right as he is a cancer to the Pack.

And there you have it.

TT could win a Super Bowl and still wouldn't be forgiven. He is a cancer to the team. He can never be forgiven for what he's done. Never.

God help us all if he does it his way and wins.

cpk1994
06-14-2009, 01:57 PM

And there you have it.

TT could win a Super Bowl and still wouldn't be forgiven. He is a cancer to the team. He can never be forgiven for what he's done. Never.

God help us all if he does it his way and wins.I hope TT does win becuaser rubes like this won't be able to enjoy a SB win without coming off as highly hypocritical. It will be comical to see them try to spin.

Pacopete4
06-14-2009, 02:04 PM

And there you have it.

God help us all if he does it his way and wins.I hope TT does win becuaser rubes like this won't be able to enjoy a SB win without coming off as highly hypocritical. It will be comical to see them try to spin.

so then can we hope he fails so douches like you will crawl back under your rock?

Gunakor
06-14-2009, 02:07 PM

And there you have it.

I could care less whether or not they could enjoy a SB win under Thompson's watch. I just hope they don't bring it here and try to ruin the fun that we'd certainly be having on this forum by saying that Thompson had nothing to do with it, it was all that one guy who is a holdover from the Sherman/Wolf era that made it happen, if TT doesn't win 13 games next year he should be fired, etc. I will most certainly enjoy every last moment of it, just as I have every other Packers win, regardless of who the GM or the QB is.

That said, I would hope they could enjoy a Packers Super Bowl win regardless of the circumstances.

cpk1994
06-14-2009, 02:54 PM

And there you have it.

so then can we hope he fails so douches like you will crawl back under your rock?I don't care about asshats like you becuase you aren't a packer fan anyway. I will continue top support the PAckers no matter what happens and won't open;ly root for them to fail like you.

cpk1994
06-14-2009, 02:56 PM

And there you have it.

I could care less whether or not they could enjoy a SB win under Thompson's watch. I just hope they don't bring it here and try to ruin the fun that we'd certainly be having on this forum by saying that Thompson had nothing to do with it, it was all that one guy who is a holdover from the Sherman/Wolf era that made it happen, if TT doesn't win 13 games next year he should be fired, etc. I will most certainly enjoy every last moment of it, just as I have every other Packers win, regardless of who the GM or the QB is.

That said, I would hope they could enjoy a Packers Super Bowl win regardless of the circumstances.I say let them. THey will just look more pathetic than they do now. We can just point, laugh, and move on.

Packerarcher
06-14-2009, 04:23 PM
The Pack has to have a SB win under TT first,and that just aint gonna happen.

MJZiggy
06-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Do you have ANY inkling how close they came? And yes, under TT. If they came that close already, exactly WHAT makes you think a repeat is so impossible????

Lurker64
06-14-2009, 04:55 PM

So the only way a GM can be considered "good" is if he wins a superbowl? I would say that criterion would result in a paucity of good GMs and an overabundance of mediocre ones.

Personally, I would consider the mark of a GM is that he consistently puts together a team that is competitive in (nearly) every game and is seldom over matched. A GM can assemble the most talented team in the history of football, and that team can still lose games (and hence fail to win championships). At some level "actually winning the game" comes down to the players executing and playing hard, and the coaches designing and executing good game plans. Every GM is going to hire/sign/draft a host of people who are capable of making and are going to make mistakes. It's unreasonable to pin all of those mistakes on the general manager.

Partial
06-14-2009, 05:56 PM

I don't think the two are tied together at all. It's two years after the fact, ya know. In hindsight, it was probably the right move. They were going to have to move on eventually and they had invested a #1 in Rodgers. It isn't a good way to treat a vet, but whatever, you live, learn and move on.

I think the player most determining the Packers success going forward will be BJ Raji. If he's a superstar, they'll be a very good team for years to come. If he busts and turns out to be average, they'll be underwhelming. They need a defensive star to compliment Greg Jennings.

Partial
06-14-2009, 06:00 PM

bumped for awesomeness.

MJZiggy
06-14-2009, 06:01 PM
But the defense doesn't matter. The quarterback single-handedly determines the outcome of football games. Most important position and all...

Partial
06-14-2009, 06:03 PM
But the defense doesn't matter. The quarterback single-handedly determines the outcome of football games. Most important position and all...

Why is everything so black and white with you? This is why I'm about to quit this damn forum. People like you with your vindictive attitude are driving this place down the shitter. QB is the most important position. It will absolutely effect a receivers numbers and a teams success. It's not the lone indicator of success, but its a pretty darn good one.

MJZiggy
06-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Lighten up, Vivian, I'm making fun of you.

HarveyWallbangers
06-14-2009, 07:26 PM
It's two years after the fact, ya know.

The Favre shenanigans? Maybe I went Rip Van Winkle, but didn't that happen last year? We traded him to the Jets in August of last year, right?

Scott Campbell
06-14-2009, 07:46 PM

Why is everything so black and white with you? This is why I'm about to quit this damn forum.

You're going to leave because Ziggy is a meanie?

Partial
06-14-2009, 08:17 PM
It's two years after the fact, ya know.

The Favre shenanigans? Maybe I went Rip Van Winkle, but didn't that happen last year? We traded him to the Jets in August of last year, right?

Two seasons. Happy :P

Tyrone Bigguns
06-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Why is everything so black and white with you? This is why I'm about to quit this damn forum.

One man's meanie is another man's dominatrix. :wink:

Shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather
Whiplash girlchild in the dark
Ziggy, your servant comes in bells, please dont forsake him
Strike, dear mistress, and cure Ty's heart

Partial
06-14-2009, 08:18 PM

I'm getting pretty burned out on this place and have been posting less and less. Easing off the drug, as they say.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-14-2009, 08:32 PM

I'm getting pretty burned out on this place and have been posting less and less. Easing off the drug, as they say.

good to hear. Go cold turkey.

The rest of us will be happy to leave our support group.

Pacopete4
06-14-2009, 08:36 PM

no, don't leave Partial... ur a good contributor here that brings in different opinions than a lot of people and its great to read!

Tyrone Bigguns
06-14-2009, 08:54 PM

no, don't leave Partial... ur a good contributor here that brings in different opinions than a lot of people and its great to read!

Come back Partial! Partial! Come back!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_P3pyPRRXeYM/RovCkxDGalI/AAAAAAAAABA/KiqCcZCgLs0/s400/Boy+in+Shane+movie.jpg

My god, you are a drama queen...he hasn't left, he won't leave.

cpk1994
06-14-2009, 09:51 PM

Why is everything so black and white with you? This is why I'm about to quit this damn forum. People like you with your vindictive attitude are driving this place down the shitter. QB is the most important position. It will absolutely effect a receivers numbers and a teams success. It's not the lone indicator of success, but its a pretty darn good one.Its not black and white with HER. It's balck and white with YOU. YOU are the one who claims its all about the QB. YOU are the one who blamed everything last year on ARod and gave the D a pass. Then, when presented with a Dilfer or a Johnson, all of a sudden its not all about the QB. YOU are the one that brings it agoinst YOU. It's your "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" attitude and that you change the argument when you get owned instead of admitting when you might be wrong and go back to "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" attitude. You bring this on YOURSELF.

HarveyWallbangers
06-14-2009, 10:03 PM
http://revart.blogs.com/minister_of_rants/images/2007/09/03/celeb_movie_alan_ladd_shane.jpg

BTW, Shane was dead on his horse in the last scene. My wife doesn't believe me.

Gunakor
06-15-2009, 10:30 AM

I don't think the two are tied together at all. It's two years after the fact, ya know. In hindsight, it was probably the right move. They were going to have to move on eventually and they had invested a #1 in Rodgers. It isn't a good way to treat a vet, but whatever, you live, learn and move on.

I think the player most determining the Packers success going forward will be BJ Raji. If he's a superstar, they'll be a very good team for years to come. If he busts and turns out to be average, they'll be underwhelming. They need a defensive star to compliment Greg Jennings.

Sorry Partial, I wasn't referring to you at all. Packerarcher and others' biggest beef with TT is that he traded away Favre, and is a cancer to the team because of it. That is who my question was directed at. Those who could never forgive him, regardless of whether he is successful or not. To them the two are tied together. Very much so, as a matter of fact.

Gunakor
06-15-2009, 10:45 AM

And that just ain't gonna happen? Wow, okay, if you say so. I guess. :lol: