PDA

View Full Version : Packers sign Tony Moll (2nd fifth round draft pick)

gureski
07-18-2006, 05:29 PM
From JS online...

The Green Bay Packers today signed tackle/guard Tony Moll, the team's second of two selections in the fifth round of April's NFL draft.

The 6-foot-5, 308-pound Moll played collegiately at Nevada, spending his first four years at tight end, including his '01 redshirt year, before moving to offensive tackle for his senior season.

MadtownPacker
07-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Is this the guy that has the bad ankle?

billy_oliver880
07-18-2006, 07:52 PM
No that was the DT Jolly.

MadtownPacker
07-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Wass up Billy? How dem braids hanging?

Joemailman
07-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Moll may be this year's Junius Coston. He probably is not ready physically to play in the NFL. However, if he shows enough potential, he will probably make the 53-man roster.

Deputy Nutz
07-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Moll ain't gonna be ready to play for another couple of years. I don't know how many other team had him rated as a 5th round pick. I think TT jumped on him a little early.

With that being said, I think Moll might work out in Green Bay. He might be a sleeper. He still isn't going to be ready for another two years at least.

Coston, has made progress but he is second on the depth chart behind a rookie, in Jason Spitz.

HarveyWallbangers
07-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Intuition tells me this dude is a longshot to make the team.

CaliforniaCheez
07-19-2006, 12:48 AM
Moll was on the all conference team in his first year at OT.

A late fifth round pick, on paper, seems too early to select this kind of player. However, he must have some athletic ability that the Packers believe can be coached into an NFL player.

With more experience at TE than OT he will likely be used in a trick play once in awhile.

He appears to me as the last OL kept on the roster.

C- Wells, Coston
OG- Colledge, Whitticker, Spitz
OT- Tauscher, Clifton, Klemm, Moll

He may be listed as Tauscher's back up but if anything happened to him I think Klemm will get the first shot. Moll may not be on the 45 player game day active list much.