PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Favre Quotes Tonight

pbmax
06-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Brett will be on pay cable tonight with Joe Buck. Some of you have witnessed virtually ALL his press conferences for 16 years. We know what he is going to say, backtrack, argue the opposing side and then reach an indefinite conclusion before he does.

Time to prove yourselves. Predict That Quote.

My guess, in answer to a revenge vis a vis T2 question:

"Would I have liked to beat him last year? Absolutely, but I didn't get that chance. Was it too personal? Maybe. Was I concentrating too much on myself? I haven't changed and I have been pretty successful.

"If I play again and we face the Packers it will be tough. They are young, coming off a tough year, but still pretty good. I hope, if I play, that my team is good enough to be successful to beat a team like Green Bay. Will it mean more to me if its Green Bay and a certain front office? Maybe, but in the end you have to have the W."

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 12:07 PM
I see this interview as softball pitching exhibition. Joe Buck is just going to slobber all over Brett for the entire intervew. Buck doesn't have the balls to ask him any tough questions.

Chevelle2
06-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Brett will be on pay cable tonight with Joe Buck. Some of you have witnessed virtually ALL his press conferences for 16 years. We know what he is going to say, backtrack, argue the opposing side and then reach an indefinite conclusion before he does.

"Would I have liked to beat him last year? Absolutely, but I didn't get that chance. Was it too personal? Maybe. Was I concentrating too much on myself? I haven't changed and I have been pretty successful.

"If I play again and we face the Packers it will be tough. They are young, coming off a tough year, but still pretty good. I hope, if I play, that my team is good enough to be successful to beat a team like Green Bay. Will it mean more to me if its Green Bay and a certain front office? Maybe, but in the end you have to have the W."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is so perfect! This is exactly how it is gonna go. Well done sir!

cheesner
06-15-2009, 12:23 PM
"Is it kind of annoying that I keep posing my questions to myself and answering them? A little."

Freak Out
06-15-2009, 12:37 PM
"Does this look infected to you Joe?"

Fritz
06-15-2009, 12:37 PM
I disagree. I think he's going to say nothing. Like this:

At the end of the day, football is a team sport. So IF I'm in the huddle this year, it won't matter what color the opposing team is wearing. I'm going to do everything I can to win. It won't matter who the other team is, I just want to win. That's why I love to play on Sundays. I like to compete.

SMACKTALKIE
06-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Favre won't show up because Joe Buck gave him a deadline. He might hang out in the parking lot talking with the show's executives but ultimately this is a rouse desighned to get Joe Buck Fans excited. He may do a thirty second bit with Greta Van Sustren but this is just a way to get what he really wants.......... a feature spot on Mark Rosen's Sunday Night sports show.

That will show Joe Buck, that will show him! :twisted:

Scott Campbell
06-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Favre won't show up because Joe Buck gave him a deadline.

:lol:

pbmax
06-15-2009, 01:57 PM
"Is it kind of annoying that I keep posing my questions to myself and answering them? A little."
"Do I think Don Rumsfeld brought me in to the DOD to teach him this method of always getting the question you want? Perhaps."

AV David
06-15-2009, 02:44 PM
What he won't say:

A. I have been in discussions with the Minnesota Vikings. I appreciate their time and effort. They are a first class organization, but I have decided to stay retired.

or

B. I have been in discussions with the Minnesota Vikings. I appreciate their time and effort. They are a first class organization. Since my arthroscopic procedure, my shoulder is feeling better by the day, but it is not yet game ready. If it continues to improve, and if it gets to the point where I can perform up to my own personal standards, the Vikings and I have agreed to pursue a contractual relationship for the 2009 season. I am looking forward to joining the Vikings if my health permits.

Definitely not C

C. As you know, my 5 year plan has been to create as much ambiguity as is necessary to minimize or prevent my having to actually attend mini camps and OTAs. This year is no different. I never actually intended to retire this time. it was just a useful ruse to obtain my release from the Jets.

Note: The part about the Vikings being a first class organization is completely made up as dramatic license.

What he will say:

I don't know what the fuss is about. I have not personally negotiated with the Vikings or anyone else. I have never specifically told anyone I was even thinking about coming out of retirement. This is all unfounded speculation. As of now, I am retired. That is all I have to say on the topic.

Brando19
06-15-2009, 04:12 PM
"There's nothing like throwing a touchdown pass. Am I retired? Yes. Do I feel like I could still play? Absolutely. Will I ever play in the NFL again? I don't know. I honestly don't know right now."

woodbuck27
06-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Brett Favre will play it straight up.

He may be asked about the procedure to repair any shoulder damage and how that's re-habing to date.

He will say '' it's day to day as far as his condition but he's hopeful of a full recovery '' RE: his retirement that may change but as of this time he's retrired.

Favre will say it will be difficult to watch games from home but is ready to accept that if his retirement continues.

Stevogbfan
06-15-2009, 06:27 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is so perfect! This is exactly how it is gonna go. Well done sir!

so i wasn't the only one hearing that hammer hitting the nail square on the head!?!

pbmax
06-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Favre will say it will be difficult to watch games from home but is ready to accept that if his retirement continues.

Woodie has a guaranteed winner here. Guaranteed.

packinpatland
06-15-2009, 08:28 PM
You know, I just got done watching Joe Buck's interview with Brett........and it's just my take on it, but I didn't see or hear a diva.

pbmax
06-15-2009, 08:32 PM
I think I completely whiffed if I can believe the blog at JSOnline.

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Ya that was a good interview. Fun to watch and it seems as though Brett is just Brett still and at peace with himself. Nice to see.

Brando19
06-15-2009, 08:35 PM
After that interview, I guarantee Favre will go to Minnesota. He said, "We'll have a good team this year."...when talking about the Vikes. He said he doesn't think ppl in Green Bay should hold anything against him because the last 16 years speaks for itself...well Brett....that shit goes down the drain the day you sign with the Vikes. Don't be an idiot.

ThunderDan
06-15-2009, 08:48 PM
After that interview, I guarantee Favre will go to Minnesota. He said, "We'll have a good team this year."...when talking about the Vikes. He said he doesn't think ppl in Green Bay should hold anything against him because the last 16 years speaks for itself...well Brett....that shit goes down the drain the day you sign with the Vikes. Don't be an idiot.

I noticed he used the word "we" also.

Packers4Ever
06-15-2009, 08:49 PM
You know, I just got done watching Joe Buck's interview with Brett........and it's just my take on it, but I didn't see or hear a diva.

Hey, PIP !! Good to see you again,
we missed you! :wink:

No diva can be a very good thing !

falco
06-15-2009, 08:50 PM
he also used the word "i" instead of douchebag

Tyrone Bigguns
06-15-2009, 08:51 PM

Soda out the nose funny!!

Tyrone Bigguns
06-15-2009, 08:52 PM

Even Mariah Carey can pull it together for an hour. :wink:

Brando19
06-15-2009, 08:53 PM

:lol: Funny stuff.

ThunderDan
06-15-2009, 08:55 PM

Joe Buck didn't really ask any questions that would bring that out. I thought Brett was fine but once again JB didn't ask any questions I would have.

Fritz
06-15-2009, 08:56 PM
I'll add to the chorus: Favre used "we" when talking about the Vikings.

Oh, his shoulder will be fine. Just fine.

dabootski
06-15-2009, 08:59 PM
i thought him comparing Lombardi going to the Redskins to himself going to the Vikings was a little bit (WAY) delusional. am i mistaken when i say the Packers/Redskins were never a heated divisional rivalry?

falco
06-15-2009, 09:01 PM
i thought him comparing Lombardi going to the Redskins to himself going to the Vikings was a little bit (WAY) delusional. am i mistaken when i say the Packers/Redskins were never a heated divisional rivalry?

not really, but I think Lombardi did go to the Redskins just so he could stick it to ted thompson

Brando19
06-15-2009, 09:01 PM

Let's just hope BJ Raji, Kampman, and AJ Hawk are just fine as well...and when they close in and Favre says "Oh Shit!" and throws it up for grabs....Charles Woodson will be waiting to take it to the house. Then we'll hear the bullshit excuses that his shoulder isn't 100% and he shouldn't have come back. I've always be a Favre fan...but screw him and his Vikings.

Fritz
06-15-2009, 09:02 PM
It would be kind of interesting to either do some research on what Packer fan reaction was when Lombardi left and went to Washington, or to hear from some of the Packerrats who remember....(hint, hint)

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 09:02 PM

Do u think Lombardi woulda said no if it was the Bears, not Redskins, who oferred the job? Get over it...

Gunakor
06-15-2009, 09:04 PM

They never had a heated rivalry. There are other significant differences between Favre's departure and Lombardi's as well, yet it doesn't surprise me that he doesn't acknowledge those differences either.

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 09:05 PM

Let's just hope BJ Raji, Kampman, and AJ Hawk are just fine as well...and when they close in and Favre says "Oh Shit!" and throws it up for grabs....Charles Woodson will be waiting to take it to the house. Then we'll hear the bullshit excuses that his shoulder isn't 100% and he shouldn't have come back. I've always be a Favre fan...but screw him and his Vikings.

Or we'll see him haunt us for a year, running around an NFL field like a young boy, adding on to the legend, tearing Packerland in more pieces than it's become

dabootski

Do u think Lombardi woulda said no if it was the Bears, not Redskins, who oferred the job? Get over it...

i have no idea but i'd like to think he would have said "no".

falco

They never had a heated rivalry. There are other significant differences between Favre's departure and Lombardi's as well, yet it doesn't surprise me that he doesn't acknowledge those differences either.

lombardi did retire from coaching, then demand to come back, but when phil bengston said he would have to compete with bratowski for #2 job, he whined his way to DC

Fritz
06-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Still, Favre's overall point - that time heals all wounds (though it also wounds all heels) - is well taken.

Johnny U. is still loved in Baltimore, and about two years ago I got over Herb Adderly going to the Cowboys....

dabootski
06-15-2009, 09:06 PM

Or we'll see him haunt us for a year, running around an NFL field like a young boy, adding on to the legend, tearing Packerland in more pieces than it's become

i am now 100% convinced you WANT that to happen.

falco
06-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Still, Favre's overall point - that time heals all wounds (though it also wounds all heels) - is well taken.

Johnny U. is still loved in Baltimore, and about two years ago I got over Herb Adderly going to the Cowboys....

you're a bigger man than I am...I'm still pissed about allen rossum going to atlanta

pbmax
It would be kind of interesting to either do some research on what Packer fan reaction was when Lombardi left and went to Washington, or to hear from some of the Packerrats who remember....(hint, hint)
Stop calling me old! I was 3! :oops:

falco

2nded

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 09:09 PM

i am now 100% convinced you WANT that to happen.It took you this long?

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 09:10 PM

I'm not sure what I want to have happen, pretty torn on the subject... Pros and cons both ways for me

Fritz
06-15-2009, 09:10 PM

Yes...I can see this...he's covered in a garland....prancing, really, I think...holding a bunch of daisies in one hand, tossing themone at a time, hither and thither...like a young boy...his hair blowing in the breeze....smiling. laughing....

I believe Skinbasket has a picture of this on a thread in the Can...

Scott Campbell
06-15-2009, 09:11 PM

I'm sure some people will forgive him for putting on that filthy purple jersey. But I won't. Once a traitor - always a traitor.

dabootski

I'm not sure what I want to have happen, pretty torn on the subject... Pros and cons both ways for me

is one of those pros "tearing Packerland in more pieces than it's become"? because that is how you are coming off right now.

falco
http://www.leoaylen.com/i/Greek6.jpg

Brando19
06-15-2009, 09:13 PM

2nded

Very True.

gbgary
06-15-2009, 09:13 PM

not really, but I think Lombardi did go to the Redskins just so he could stick it to ted thompson

:lol: you're on a roll sir!!

Brando19
06-15-2009, 09:14 PM

I'm sure some people will forgive him for putting on that filthy purple jersey. But I won't. Once a traitor - always a traitor.

Couldn't have said it better. :glug:

Scott Campbell
06-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Ya that was a good interview. Fun to watch and it seems as though Brett is just Brett still and at peace with himself. Nice to see.

http://cache.gifts.com/photos/K/P/M/Q/KPMQPSWBLX5Y5XVCE664_L.jpg

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 09:18 PM

2nded

Very True.

Again, I'm torn... Haven't made up my mind yet on what I "want" to have happen even though I have nothing to do with it... So don't go putting words in my mouth, thank you

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 09:21 PM

not really, but I think Lombardi did go to the Redskins just so he could stick it to ted thompsonAll becuase Ted shot Vince's dog on a Saturday night out in high school?

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Again, I'm torn... Haven't made up my mind yet on what I "want" to have happen even though I have nothing to do with it... So don't go putting words in my mouth, thank youWe aren't. You are doing a fine job of that all by yourself.

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Again, I'm torn... Haven't made up my mind yet on what I "want" to have happen even though I have nothing to do with it... So don't go putting words in my mouth, thank youWe aren't. You are doing a fine job of that all by yourself.

I haven't said anything about the subject about what I want pal...

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 09:28 PM

Your anti-Packer rhetoric and this quote:

pretty much sum up what you want.

Brando19
06-15-2009, 09:29 PM

2nded

Very True.

Again, I'm torn... Haven't made up my mind yet on what I "want" to have happen even though I have nothing to do with it... So don't go putting words in my mouth, thank you

You're welcome.

TravisWilliams23
06-15-2009, 09:33 PM

Been a Packers fan since 1965.

The difference between Lombardi and Favre is like night and day.

Vince knew he had made a mistake retiring from coaching but would NEVER
have presumed he was ENTITLED to his former job because of his legendary status. Not so with Brett. Vince was also loyal to Phil Bengston and there was NO WAY he would stab Phil in the back to get his job back...even if all of Green Bay would have approved of the move.

Vince would NEVER have taken a job with the Bears. He despised George Halas and the Bears. Not a snowballs chance in Hell of Vince going to Chicago. The Pack very rarely played Washington back then and the Skins offered part ownership of the team. It was an offer he could take and NOT HURT the Packers doing so. His reason to coach again wasn't to STICK IT TO THE PACKERS!

Brett's way off base trying to compare his situation to Lombardi's

dabootski
06-15-2009, 09:42 PM

Been a Packers fan since 1965.

The difference between Lombardi and Favre is like night and day.

Vince knew he had made a mistake retiring from coaching but would NEVER
have presumed he was ENTITLED to his former job because of his legendary status. Not so with Brett. Vince was also loyal to Phil Bengston and there was NO WAY he would stab Phil in the back to get his job back...even if all of Green Bay would have approved of the move.

Vince would NEVER have taken a job with the Bears. He despised George Halas and the Bears. Not a snowballs chance in Hell of Vince going to Chicago. The Pack very rarely played Washington back then and the Skins offered part ownership of the team. It was an offer he could take and NOT HURT the Packers doing so. His reason to coach again wasn't to STICK IT TO THE PACKERS!

Brett's way off base trying to compare his situation to Lombardi's

thanks for the insight Travis. nobody will ever truly know, but i think i'll take your opinion over Youknowwho's.

AV David
06-15-2009, 09:48 PM
I was around when Vince went to Washington. People were sad and disappointed, but there was little or no anger. Vince was never reviled for even a minute. Of course, Vince didn't give Green Bay the finger on his way out of town.

Bossman641
06-15-2009, 09:56 PM

2nded

Very True.

How is it even a question? What's more important to you, a player or the team?

pbmax
06-15-2009, 09:58 PM

Exactly what do you think you are going to prove? Its clear you believe this, but the posted evidence doesn't backup your claim. Post something constructive or let it go.

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 10:03 PM

Exactly what do you think you are going to prove? Its clear you believe this, but the posted evidence doesn't backup your claim. Post something constructive or let it go.

Exactly, I didn't say I wanted that to happen just posting what could happen this season to what Brando had stated already

ThunderDan
06-15-2009, 11:12 PM

Exactly, I didn't say I wanted that to happen just posting what could happen this season to what Brando had stated already

yawn....

Let me talk out of both sides of my mouth and not take responsibility for either line of spew

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 11:39 PM

yawn....

Let me talk out of both sides of my mouth and not take responsibility for either line of spew

It gave both sides of what could happen and everytime someone posts how we'll intercept all his passes and knock him thru the turf.. I'll remind them what also could happen.. Ya know why? Cuz I can...

ThunderDan
06-16-2009, 12:27 AM

yawn....

It gave both sides of what could happen and everytime someone posts how we'll intercept all his passes and knock him thru the turf.. I'll remind them what also could happen.. Ya know why? Cuz I can...

yawn...

there you go again

Pacopete4
06-16-2009, 01:21 AM

yawn....

yawn...

there you go again

Hell yeah!

cpk1994
06-16-2009, 05:36 AM

Exactly what do you think you are going to prove? Its clear you believe this, but the posted evidence doesn't backup your claim. Post something constructive or let it go.I am not trying to prove anything. I am simply pointing out that Paco's hates TT so much becuase he wouldn'y bend over and kiss Favre's ring that it should be very obvious that he wants Favre beat the Packers badly. It's called reading between the lines.

Packerarcher
06-16-2009, 10:41 AM
So because Paco does not fall in line and 100% agree with you robots he is not a fan. That is a load of SHIT,beleive it or not people can think for themselves.

Pacopete4
06-16-2009, 10:54 AM
So because Paco does not fall in line and 100% agree with you robots he is not a fan. That is a load of SHIT,beleive it or not people can think for themselves.

Thank you!

I'm not exactly sure how I feel. I was raised to want the Packers to win no matter what but I also watched a man for 16 years pour his heart out for Green Bay Packers football. Now some yahoo comes in here and decided for me when that was going to end? To me, that's not right. Do I have to live with it? Of course... but I DO NOT have to agree with it. I am a believer that there is a lot more to the story that dealed with a few years of the TT/Favre relationship. It also doesn't make it easier when our GM, so far, is a failure. You can feed me that bullshit 13-3 speech if you'd like, but his record is proven and his inability to put together playoff teams year in year out is proven.. again, so far. And that's where the dilemma comes in.

If I support Brett on the Vikings, to most I am not a Packers fan. Its a great thing that I don't give a shit what people say because I don't see it that way. I've wavered back and forth but it comes down to, can I deal with the Vikings being good for a season to get vengeance at TT? If you asked me right now, I'd say ya.. I could. But I also think its cuz I hang around this message board and read all the dumb, unnecessary, immature, stupid shit about Brett. So maybe when the season comes around and I'm watching Packer football again, my mind will change. Hell, its already changed a thousand times on the issue...

Scott Campbell
06-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Bert Farve - childhood hero.

Lurker64
06-16-2009, 11:02 AM
I propose the following bright line test for "true fan of the packers".

If the season has not started yet, and you are entertaining the notion of "wanting a division rival to defeat the Packers this year", you are not truly a Packer fan.

And you know what? It's okay to not be a Packer fan, there are 6 billion people on the planet and most of them aren't Packer fans. I think the thing that's being illustrated in the last few years of Favrestravaganza that there are a lot of people who were under the impression that they were Packer fans, but they were primarily Brett Favre fans and they only cheered for the Packers because that's where Favre played. You know what? That's okay too.

Wanting an ex-Packer to succeed and current members of the Packers organization to fail is a fairly clear sign of "Fan of a player, less so a team."

Zool
06-16-2009, 11:02 AM
You sure do create a big huff for supposedly "not caring what people say" about you.

Pacopete4
06-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Bert Favre - childhood hero.

see, you makin fun.. doesnt matter to me. Was he a childhood hero to me, of course. Anyone who grew up with only him as ur QB, even though I still remember some of Majik man, had his as a hero.... but is that the reason I love to watch him play the game. Does some of it have to do with him as a childhood hero? Maybe... but a lot now has to do with, hes just that fun to watch.. still. And I know there wont be many like him, so I wanna keep watching him as long as I can.

Scott Campbell
06-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Some day after Ted is gone, some of them might return as Packer fans.

But for today, their hatred of Ted is greater than their love for the Packers.

Pacopete4
06-16-2009, 11:05 AM

This is exactly it in a lot of cases.. dead on!

Scott Campbell
06-16-2009, 11:06 AM
see, you makin fun.. doesnt matter to me. Was he a childhood hero to me, of course. Anyone who grew up with only him as ur QB, even though I still remember some of Majik man, had his as a hero.... but is that the reason I love to watch him play the game. Does some of it have to do with him as a childhood hero? Maybe... but a lot now has to do with, hes just that fun to watch.. still. And I know there wont be many like him, so I wanna keep watching him as long as I can.

I get it. I didn't want to stop believing in Santa Claus either.

Scott Campbell
06-16-2009, 11:08 AM

This is exactly it in a lot of cases.. dead on!

Unfortunately, it didn't matter who the GM was. Just look at sentiment on this board. Many would have cut ties, just as Ted did. You blame the man, when you should be blaming the circumstances.

Bossman641
06-16-2009, 11:08 AM

Thank you!

I'm not exactly sure how I feel. I was raised to want the Packers to win no matter what but I also watched a man for 16 years pour his heart out for Green Bay Packers football. Now some yahoo comes in here and decided for me when that was going to end [Favre]? To me, that's not right. Do I have to live with it? Of course... but I DO NOT have to agree with it. I am a believer that there is a lot more to the story that dealed with a few years of the TT/Favre relationship [Favre's been proven to be a liar. If he will lie to make the organization look bad, why wouldn't he tell the truth to make them look bad?]. It also doesn't make it easier when our GM, so far, is a failure. You can feed me that bullshit 13-3 speech if you'd like, but his record is proven and his inability to put together playoff teams year in year out is proven.. again, so far. And that's where the dilemma comes in.

If I support Brett on the Vikings, to most I am not a Packers fan. Its a great thing that I don't give a shit what people say because I don't see it that way. I've wavered back and forth but it comes down to, can I deal with the Vikings being good for a season to get vengeance at TT (and Woodson and Harris and Driver and...) ? If you asked me right now, I'd say ya.. I could. But I also think its cuz I hang around this message board and read all the dumb, unnecessary, immature, stupid shit about Brett. So maybe when the season comes around and I'm watching Packer football again, my mind will change. [I'm sorry but if you have to make up your mind on whther you want the Packers to win you probably don't belong on a Packer message board.] Hell, its already changed a thousand times on the issue...

Pacopete4
06-16-2009, 11:10 AM

Thank you!

I'm not exactly sure how I feel. I was raised to want the Packers to win no matter what but I also watched a man for 16 years pour his heart out for Green Bay Packers football. Now some yahoo comes in here and decided for me when that was going to end [Favre]? To me, that's not right. Do I have to live with it? Of course... but I DO NOT have to agree with it. I am a believer that there is a lot more to the story that dealed with a few years of the TT/Favre relationship [Favre's been proven to be a liar. If he will lie to make the organization look bad, why wouldn't he tell the truth to make them look bad?]. It also doesn't make it easier when our GM, so far, is a failure. You can feed me that bullshit 13-3 speech if you'd like, but his record is proven and his inability to put together playoff teams year in year out is proven.. again, so far. And that's where the dilemma comes in.

If I support Brett on the Vikings, to most I am not a Packers fan. Its a great thing that I don't give a shit what people say because I don't see it that way. I've wavered back and forth but it comes down to, can I deal with the Vikings being good for a season to get vengeance at TT (and Woodson and Harris and Driver and...) ? If you asked me right now, I'd say ya.. I could. But I also think its cuz I hang around this message board and read all the dumb, unnecessary, immature, stupid shit about Brett. So maybe when the season comes around and I'm watching Packer football again, my mind will change. [I'm sorry but if you have to make up your mind on whther you want the Packers to win you probably don't belong on a Packer message board.] Hell, its already changed a thousand times on the issue...

thats your opinion... and obviously we differ in a lot of ways

Fritz
06-16-2009, 11:12 AM

Ah, but Mom and Dad got tired to feeding you that line, so while they pretended there was still a Santa Claus, they started getting sloppy...handwriting on tags that was suspiciously like Mom's....Dad with cookie crumbs and carrot stains on his shirt....

I blame Mom and Dad.

HarveyWallbangers
06-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Bert Farve - childhood hero.

Fixed.

EDIT: Funny. I changed it to Bert F-A-R-V-E, and app. changed it back to F-A-V-R-E.

Fritz
06-16-2009, 01:21 PM
The whole problem with this original post was that it supposed (as I would have) that Buck would've had the schnutts to ask Favre if he was coming back out of spite.

CPK was right. Joe Buck = doe.

Zool
06-16-2009, 01:24 PM
The whole problem with this original post was that it supposed (as I would have) that Buck would've had the schnutts to ask Favre if he was coming back out of spite.

Joe Buck = no talent hack living off his dads name.

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 01:38 PM

lmbo SC

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 01:54 PM

Joe Buck = no talent hack living off his dads name.

which makes you.......???

lol @ hack my man....no offense, but it KILLS me when folk on this forum blast the talkn heads; obviously theyve done what they felt necessary to succeed at their craft...but posters act like thy're so much bettr and smarter than these people

towing the company line/not ruffling feathers is only acceptable if you're not in the limelight/able to b scrutinized?

ALOT of ppl slurp favre (and others) so why diss buck?

at the end of the day (unless you're selln your soul) get your man (ebonics for money, success, or props)

how many here will do their "own thing" and rub folk the wrong way and risk being ostracized or fired in their "field" in order to stand for something?

Scott Campbell
06-16-2009, 02:06 PM
how many here will do their "own thing" and rub folk the wrong way and risk being ostracized or fired in their "field" in order to stand for something?

But what does he stand for? Is this a victory for fans of spite and selfish behavior everywhere?

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 03:45 PM

But what does he stand for? Is this a victory for fans of spite and selfish behavior everywhere?

he's obviously a status quo guy.....so i guess thats what he stands for...he's not tryn to elicit any painstaking feelings in these guys, he's not limbaugh fat tail

shows like that are more about showcasing players like favre, manning, brady and keeping things light (with the iconic players)

being cutting edge and TRULY probing isnt in the job description for these cats (buck, et. al.)

too me its good enough that he had favre address the waffling issue in the manner that he did...i mean were people expecting favre to really discuss his disdain for TT? what athlete is really asked to be that transparent? folk walk on egg shells not only with favre

not sayn he's super profound or that his style cant be criticized, im just sayn be fair..i dont think buck is a schmuck; interview was above average imo; toughed on a myriad of topics/all u can ask for in mainstream media

Tyrone Bigguns
06-16-2009, 04:00 PM

If the season has not started yet, and you are entertaining the notion of "wanting a division rival to defeat the Packers this year", you are not truly a Packer fan.

And you know what? It's okay to not be a Packer fan, there are 6 billion people on the planet and most of them aren't Packer fans. I think the thing that's being illustrated in the last few years of Favrestravaganza that there are a lot of people who were under the impression that they were Packer fans, but they were primarily Brett Favre fans and they only cheered for the Packers because that's where Favre played. You know what? That's okay too.

Wanting an ex-Packer to succeed and current members of the Packers organization to fail is a fairly clear sign of "Fan of a player, less so a team."

Great post.

I guess i thought those of us from the state were better than fair weather Jordan led Bulls teams and Cubs fans.

Ty is really disappointed to discover that we aren't. First, the tooth fairy now this. Really disappointing.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-16-2009, 04:01 PM

Fucker.

Thanks for ruining Xmas for me.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-16-2009, 04:06 PM

Ty thought the show was GREAT!!

Then again, Ty enjoys watching Faces of Death.

cpk1994
06-16-2009, 04:30 PM

http://cache.gifts.com/photos/K/P/M/Q/KPMQPSWBLX5Y5XVCE664_L.jpgHey, what were you doing looking in Paco's bedroom?

Bretsky
06-16-2009, 06:17 PM

PB,

If I was running a forum you'd be at or right near the top of my list for a mod.

All this spatty shit lately makes being around here a lot less enjoyable. Unfortunately Favre news isn't going away soon so it's probably here to stay

Stevogbfan
06-16-2009, 06:34 PM

i'm in total agreement with you guys, once he signs with the queens, it's over, we can put up with the bull so far but
there comes a time when you cross a line and going over there... that's crossing a line

brando, you missed a couple names when you were talking about the "d" chasing favre around... i can see brady poppinga
knocking the snat outta him at least once.. a game and you you have to count collins and bigby for a couple more, it should be fun to watch

Packers4Ever
06-16-2009, 07:16 PM

You're right, Fritz, maybe someone on Packer Rats or someone who has connections with older Pack team members could shed some light on this.
'Course Lombardi's been gone a heck of a long time, I'm going to guess since 1962 and I'm sure I'm way off - someone will let us know for sure !
:wink:

falco
06-16-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm going to guess since 1962 and I'm sure I'm way off - someone will let us know for sure !

I have a feeling you're right :oops:

Scott Campbell
06-16-2009, 07:39 PM

lmbo SC

What's lmbo?

The Shadow
06-16-2009, 07:56 PM

You're right, Fritz, maybe someone on Packer Rats or someone who has connections with older Pack team members could shed some light on this.
'Course Lombardi's been gone a heck of a long time, I'm going to guess since 1962 and I'm sure I'm way off - someone will let us know for sure !

I believe he took over the GM spot for the 68 season, then left in 69 to rebuild the Skins.
I don't remember any outrage at all, since he'd always been upfront, hugely successful, and honest - and had delivered championships to Green bay.

pbmax
06-16-2009, 08:00 PM
... All this spatty shit lately makes being around here a lot less enjoyable. Unfortunately Favre news isn't going away soon so it's probably here to stay
I don't know if someone should wish that on their worst enemy, but thanks B. I could stand double the number of Favre threads if insults could be erased from posts. :lol:

The Shadow
06-16-2009, 08:01 PM

Good parents usually solve the issue of "what he stands for" with their two year olds with a few whacks on the tush. They soon learn not to throw tantrums when they don't get their way.

cpk1994
06-16-2009, 08:12 PM

he's obviously a status quo guy.....so i guess thats what he stands for...he's not tryn to elicit any painstaking feelings in these guys, he's not limbaugh fat tail

shows like that are more about showcasing players like favre, manning, brady and keeping things light (with the iconic players)

being cutting edge and TRULY probing isnt in the job description for these cats (buck, et. al.)

too me its good enough that he had favre address the waffling issue in the manner that he did...i mean were people expecting favre to really discuss his disdain for TT? what athlete is really asked to be that transparent? folk walk on egg shells not only with favre

not sayn he's super profound or that his style cant be criticized, im just sayn be fair..i dont think buck is a schmuck; interview was above average imo; toughed on a myriad of topics/all u can ask for in mainstream mediaPlease. That was not an above average intervew. That was a disgusting exhibition of Buck sucking Favre's dick. It was exacty what I predicted becuase Buck doesn't have a pair. That is why I mentioned Bob Costas. Bob isn't afraid to confront athletes with real queations.

Brando19
06-16-2009, 08:59 PM

i'm in total agreement with you guys, once he signs with the queens, it's over, we can put up with the bull so far but
there comes a time when you cross a line and going over there... that's crossing a line

brando, you missed a couple names when you were talking about the "d" chasing favre around... i can see brady poppinga
knocking the snat outta him at least once.. a game and you you have to count collins and bigby for a couple more, it should be fun to watch

Very true, Stevo. And Clay Matthews and Barnett may have something to do with it as well.

Paco...I apologize for being sarcastic. Your opinion is your opinion...and although we feel different (I feel Favre is being a traitor to the fans as well), I realize I shouldn't have been a dick while disagreeing with you. Sorry.

Bretsky
06-16-2009, 09:07 PM
I disagree with nearly everybody in here but giving my view on the Buck interview or anything related to Favre is worthless because it just ends up in sarcastic rips or insults

Tyrone Bigguns
06-16-2009, 09:19 PM
I disagree with nearly everybody in here but giving my view on the Buck interview or anything related to Favre is worthless because it just ends up in sarcastic rips or insults

If you know that, then why bother with this post?

pbmax
06-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Don't give in. Make a good post and we'll see it through.

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 09:36 PM

not sayn he's super profound or that his style cant be criticized, im just sayn be fair..i dont think buck is a schmuck; interview was above average imo; toughed on a myriad of topics/all u can ask for in mainstream mediaPlease. That was not an above average intervew. That was a disgusting exhibition of Buck sucking Favre's dick. It was exacty what I predicted becuase Buck doesn't have a pair. That is why I mentioned Bob Costas. Bob isn't afraid to confront athletes with real queations.

right about costas

i liked interview tho

OMG, jus saw tivo of artie lange

dayum

Tyrone Bigguns
06-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Please. That was not an above average intervew. That was a disgusting exhibition of Buck sucking Favre's dick. It was exacty what I predicted becuase Buck doesn't have a pair. That is why I mentioned Bob Costas. Bob isn't afraid to confront athletes with real queations.

Yes, but Brett is. Brett's choice of interviewers should tell you all you need to know.

Breaking news...hard hitting favre interview with Larry King scheduled.

Ty can't wait to find out what Brett's favorite color is!

Zool
06-16-2009, 10:37 PM
which makes you.......???

Makes me just as worthy of an opinion about Buck as you are about Mr Favre.

Buck is a self important ass-hat and it comes across very clearly to me when watching him speak live on TV. I'm hardly alone in this opinion. A very simple google search will yield you tons of results. I just calls em as I sees em and Joe Buck got his break in broadcasting because his dad got him in. He's awful in the NFL booth IMO and as you see when you watch that vid with him and Lange he takes himself way too fuckin serious. I've formed this opinion over years of exposure to his suckness. This has nothing to do with your man.

Zool
06-16-2009, 10:47 PM
And I quote:

If you haven’t already stabbed pencils deep into your ear canal in defense against his grating voice, this may come as a surprise. Following an extensive survey and a review of years of data, the results are in—Joe Buck is a complete, irredeemable assclown.

It’s difficult to pinpoint when exactly JoeBu made the leap from irritating prick to utter assclown. Things didn’t exactly did get off on the right note when he earned a plum NFL announcing gig with Fox Sports at the age of 25 based on…his last name. Prior to that, the Lesser Buck had followed in the footsteps of his legendary father, Jack, by broadcasting play by play for the St. Louis Cardinals. And he only got that job because, in his own words, he sent the tape to Anheuser-Busch (owner of the Cardinals) and “they saw the novelty of my being Jack Buck’s kid.” Budweiser is shitty beer, and now we have reason to hate it even more.

After a couple of years of mediocre work with the Cards, Joe’s mommy put in a good word for him with then-Fox Executive Producer Ed Goren. Invited to an audition, this nancy-boy somehow secured a spot as the youngest full-season NFL announcer ever, in 1994. Our Sundays have never been the same.

Buck would likely be a minor regional nuisance, a hemorrhoid on the ass of middle-America, if he hadn’t then added a prime time MLB play-by-play position in 1996. Perhaps seeking to bludgeon their viewers with a one-two punch of smarmy condescension and verbal incontinence, Fox teamed the arrogant Buck with the moronic Tim McCarver. How this unholy union didn’t cause an immediate collapse of Earth’s gravitational field, forming a black hole of suckiness, we will never know. The nation subsequently suffered through Buck’s calls of the 1996, 1998, 2000-2002 World Series, Mark McGwire’s 62nd home run in 1998, and too many other big baseball events to count.

Every sports enthusiast can probably compile their own list of how Buck has tragically scarred them. In my estimation, he attained arch-nemesis status in the 2003 ALCS, with his laughably one-sided sports commentary on behalf of the New York Yankees. Aided by the clueless McCarver, who would be left to die of exposure if he lived in China, Buck did everything short of digging up Babe Ruth’s bones and wearing a cape made of them to jinx the Red Sox. If Fox had replaced them with a YES Network announcer and a tree stump, the difference would have been negligible.

The Sox lost that series in heartbreaking fashion, but came back the next year to triumph over the Yanks with a record-setting comeback in the 2004 ALCS, leading ultimately to a World Series victory. Of course, Joe Schmuck was along for the ride, second-guessing and downplaying the Sox the entire time. Rumors that he was the middle of a Derek Jeter-GayRod Manwich in the clubhouse after Game 3, while unproven, still circulate.

gex
06-16-2009, 11:12 PM
And I quote:

If you haven’t already stabbed pencils deep into your ear canal in defense against his grating voice, this may come as a surprise. Following an extensive survey and a review of years of data, the results are in—Joe Buck is a complete, irredeemable assclown.

It’s difficult to pinpoint when exactly JoeBu made the leap from irritating prick to utter assclown. Things didn’t exactly did get off on the right note when he earned a plum NFL announcing gig with Fox Sports at the age of 25 based on…his last name. Prior to that, the Lesser Buck had followed in the footsteps of his legendary father, Jack, by broadcasting play by play for the St. Louis Cardinals. And he only got that job because, in his own words, he sent the tape to Anheuser-Busch (owner of the Cardinals) and “they saw the novelty of my being Jack Buck’s kid.” Budweiser is shitty beer, and now we have reason to hate it even more.

After a couple of years of mediocre work with the Cards, Joe’s mommy put in a good word for him with then-Fox Executive Producer Ed Goren. Invited to an audition, this nancy-boy somehow secured a spot as the youngest full-season NFL announcer ever, in 1994. Our Sundays have never been the same.

Buck would likely be a minor regional nuisance, a hemorrhoid on the ass of middle-America, if he hadn’t then added a prime time MLB play-by-play position in 1996. Perhaps seeking to bludgeon their viewers with a one-two punch of smarmy condescension and verbal incontinence, Fox teamed the arrogant Buck with the moronic Tim McCarver. How this unholy union didn’t cause an immediate collapse of Earth’s gravitational field, forming a black hole of suckiness, we will never know. The nation subsequently suffered through Buck’s calls of the 1996, 1998, 2000-2002 World Series, Mark McGwire’s 62nd home run in 1998, and too many other big baseball events to count.

Every sports enthusiast can probably compile their own list of how Buck has tragically scarred them. In my estimation, he attained arch-nemesis status in the 2003 ALCS, with his laughably one-sided sports commentary on behalf of the New York Yankees. Aided by the clueless McCarver, who would be left to die of exposure if he lived in China, Buck did everything short of digging up Babe Ruth’s bones and wearing a cape made of them to jinx the Red Sox. If Fox had replaced them with a YES Network announcer and a tree stump, the difference would have been negligible.

The Sox lost that series in heartbreaking fashion, but came back the next year to triumph over the Yanks with a record-setting comeback in the 2004 ALCS, leading ultimately to a World Series victory. Of course, Joe Schmuck was along for the ride, second-guessing and downplaying the Sox the entire time. Rumors that he was the middle of a Derek Jeter-GayRod Manwich in the clubhouse after Game 3, while unproven, still circulate.

LMAO! :lol:

TennesseePackerBacker
06-16-2009, 11:26 PM

Great post, I really couldn't have said it better myself. I grew up idolizing Favre, with just a few fleeting memories of the late 80's and pre-Favre 90's along with my grandfathers stories to make me know how lucky we as Packer fans were. I read his biography a couple times. His perseverance over alcohol and vicodin are inspirtational to anybody who cares to know.

That being said, we are Packer fans. If you aren't with us you are against us. Brett Favre is just a guy to me now and it's a sad thing. For any of you to actually hope the Packers lose is ridiculous. I've met my fair share of atrocious sports fans. You know the kind, they ride the closest bandwagon they can find in any sport. Honestly, you people wishing your team to lose are the worst kind of fan I can imagine. Unless you have no life, you are here because you absolutely love the Packers and feel compelled to share that love with others over this impersonal, soul-less thing we call the internet. To wish a team you love ill will because of one man is absurd. I shun you all ill-wishers to the Packers with a fuck you and get a clue. One man has never won anything in the NFL. If you people(and I feel no need to name names) really feel the need to bash the Packers because your beloved Favre is playing against them then you should probably ask Rastak what Vikings forum he frequents.

SkinBasket
06-17-2009, 07:56 AM
I was raised to want the Packers to win no matter what but I also watched a man for 16 years pour his heart out for Green Bay Packers football. Now some yahoo comes in here and decided for me when that was going to end?

I think you may be taking this all too personally. You seem to imagine you have this personal relationship with the people involved and they're wronging you by making decisions completely unrelated to you.

I think there's a difference between being a fan - even a dedicated, rabid one, and a creepy Stan.

Fritz
06-17-2009, 08:02 AM
I was raised to want the Packers to win no matter what but I also watched a man for 16 years pour his heart out for Green Bay Packers football. Now some yahoo comes in here and decided for me when that was going to end?

I think you may be taking this all too personally. You seem to imagine you have this personal relationship with the people involved and they're wronging you by making decisions completely unrelated to you.

I think there's a difference between being a fan - even a dedicated, rabid one, and a creepy Stan.

I like "creepy Stan" but according to my daughter the newest term is "creeper." As in, "that guy who followed me is a real creeper."

If I were in the clown business I think it'd be fun to develop a clown character whose face was shaped like an ass and who wore disgusting brown clown suits. The name of course would be "Arnie the AssClown" or something.

KYPack
06-17-2009, 08:24 AM

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner.

Skin is now the voice of reason?

How have we fallen this far?

Scott Campbell
06-17-2009, 08:34 AM

That hasn't stopped you from making draft predictions. :lol:

SkinBasket
06-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Skin is now the voice of reason?

How have we fallen this far?

I have always been the Voice of Reason. You all just haven't been listening. You will all be punished in due course.

cpk1994
06-17-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry but if you have to make up your mind on whther you want the Packers to win you probably don't belong on a Packer message board.About sums it up.

Pacopete4
06-17-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry but if you have to make up your mind on whther you want the Packers to win you probably don't belong on a Packer message board.About sums it up.

ya because you two bozos determine who should be on packer boards and who shouldnt be... grow up peter pan, count chocula.. this is a free world, eminem

Gunakor
06-17-2009, 04:07 PM

ya because you two bozos determine who should be on packer boards and who shouldnt be... grow up peter pan, count chocula.. this is a free world, eminem

It is indeed. Which is why the Vikings are free to have their own fan forums too, just like we do. If you think you'd prefer the Vikings to win the division, you are free to head on over there and pledge your support. Nobody is trying to keep you from expressing yourself, just trying to direct you to the proper forum.

I agree that if you are to post on a Packers forum under the presumed identity of a Packer fan you should at the very least want the Packers to beat every single opponent they play, regardless of the circumstance. That much should be a given.

Bossman641
06-17-2009, 04:14 PM

LOL

I guess it is a bit much to expect a PACKER fan on a PACKER message board to hope for the PACKERS to win.

I do like the Wedding Crasher quote though.

Zool
06-17-2009, 04:16 PM

Was Paul Rudd in that?

Pacopete4
06-17-2009, 04:23 PM

Was Paul Rudd in that?

hahahaha, i loved this.. but no, he wasn't

Pacopete4
06-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I really don't want the Packers to lose.. just so u know that. I just said its tough for me, cuz I'm really on the fence cuz I really hate Ted Thompson. I think hes an OK GM that made a terrible decision. Now, you can disagree with me on whatever Brett Favre did or didn't do. But nothing has proven TT to be a good GM yet. Once 13-3 season doesnt prove that to me. I will forever hate Ted Thompson unless he proves something to us as fans.. like he actually knows what the fuck he is doing? That could be a start. Another 6-10 season and I really will kill his dog.

Gunakor
06-17-2009, 04:40 PM
I really don't want the Packers to lose.. just so u know that. I just said its tough for me, cuz I'm really on the fence cuz I really hate Ted Thompson. I think hes an OK GM that made a terrible decision. Now, you can disagree with me on whatever Brett Favre did or didn't do. But nothing has proven TT to be a good GM yet. Once 13-3 season doesnt prove that to me. I will forever hate Ted Thompson unless he proves something to us as fans.. like he actually knows what the fuck he is doing? That could be a start. Another 6-10 season and I really will kill his dog.

I completely understand your dislike of TT. I don't agree with it, but I do understand. I felt the same way about Mike Sherman as you do Ted Thompson - that he's running this franchise into the ground, and that once all of Ron Wolf's guys were gone we'd be fucked for having Sherman as our GM. But even for those 5 years that I hated our GM with nearly every bone in my body, there was never a game where I couldn't decide whether I wanted the Packers to win or not. It was always a crystal clear decision - the Packers are bigger to me than any person that is a part of them. I am loyal to the Packers in any and every possible circumstance you could come up with.

You can hate TT all you want. It's a free country. But know that he's just one SB win away from tying Ron Wolf as the most successful GM the Packers have had since the 60's. Knowing he's that close, keep your eyes open or you'll miss it when he does something right.

When you imply he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing, you are insulting both he and the franchise. 80% of this roster (at least) are players that TT either drafted, traded for, or signed off the FA market. A couple of them are All-Pros. Our WR corps is deeper now than it ever was during the 90's. And I'm not even going to get into the QB conundrum this team was facing with Brett speaking of retirement on an annual basis, or the salary cap hell Sherman put us in.

I think he knows what he's doing.

Pacopete4
06-17-2009, 04:55 PM

I completely understand your dislike of TT. I don't agree with it, but I do understand. I felt the same way about Mike Sherman as you do Ted Thompson - that he's running this franchise into the ground, and that once all of Ron Wolf's guys were gone we'd be fucked for having Sherman as our GM. But even for those 5 years that I hated our GM with nearly every bone in my body, there was never a game where I couldn't decide whether I wanted the Packers to win or not. It was always a crystal clear decision - the Packers are bigger to me than any person that is a part of them. I am loyal to the Packers in any and every possible circumstance you could come up with.

You can hate TT all you want. It's a free country. But know that he's just one SB win away from tying Ron Wolf as the most successful GM the Packers have had since the 60's. Knowing he's that close, keep your eyes open or you'll miss it when he does something right.

When you imply he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing, you are insulting both he and the franchise. 80% of this roster (at least) are players that TT either drafted, traded for, or signed off the FA market. A couple of them are All-Pros. Our WR corps is deeper now than it ever was during the 90's. And I'm not even going to get into the QB conundrum this team was facing with Brett speaking of retirement on an annual basis, or the salary cap hell Sherman put us in.

he might.. but until that transpires into a lot of wins.. he isnt jackshit in my opinion..

Gunakor
06-17-2009, 05:01 PM

he might.. but until that transpires into a lot of wins.. he isnt jackshit in my opinion..

Let me put it another way. Sherman was a HORRIBLE General Manager, who happened to rack up a lot of wins because Ron Wolf left the cupboards stocked for him. He did nothing at all to ensure the success of the franchise beyond his tenure. Ted walked into a nightmare. Salary cap problems, overpaid aging players, no plan for the future.

If Ted Thompson would have been the one Harlan chose to replace Wolf as General Manager, his record would be quite different. Thompson had to REBUILD this roster, something Sherman never had to do or even tried to do. Rebuilding means there will be some rough times. Rebuilding a roster, nearly top to bottom, doesn't happen overnight.

Many of Ted's failures as GM can be directly attributed to the guy he replaced. Not the least of which is a 4-12 2005 season.

Fritz
06-17-2009, 05:02 PM
I think this is well put, Gun, and I mostly agree with you. I'm always a little puzzled why, even before the Brett Favre stuff, so many people disliked Thompson. Sure, he's not a warm-n-cozy guy, but neither was Mike Sherman.

By any account I've read, inside the organization he is not only respected but (mostly) liked. He is said to treat people well, from those at the top of the organization down.

I think he's made some mistakes, for sure. Will Whitticker as a starting guard as a rookie is one example. But every GM will, even Bill Belichek/Scott Polian when they were running things in NE.

On the whole, I think he has a sound vision for the franchise, I think he drafts well, and I think he's made mostly good free agent signings (Earl Little, not so good).

I think the team is well-positioned to make a run in the next two years, and team is not over the salary cap edge.

Joemailman
06-17-2009, 05:03 PM
This is the key year for TT. After this year, either 13-3 in 2007 or 6-10 in 2008 will look like a fluke. I actually think this team is more talented than the 2007 team. That's not to say they should be 13-3, but they should be one of the better teams in the NFC, and should be a threat to go to the Super Bowl. Another losing season and there will be a lot of questions being asked about whether TT can get it done here.

Pacopete4
06-17-2009, 05:11 PM
This is the key year for TT. After this year, either 13-3 in 2007 or 6-10 in 2008 will look like a fluke. I actually think this team is more talented than the 2007 team. That's not to say they should be 13-3, but they should be one of the better teams in the NFC, and should be a threat to go to the Super Bowl. Another losing season and there will be a lot of questions being asked about whether TT can get it done here.

BINGO!

TT may of been left with a crap situation but guess what... its year 5 now. Year 4 just left us 6-10.... 6 and friggin 10 people... thats awful. If another one of those years are in store, I know for a fact there will be a helluva lot more people on my side of the fence for him as a GM. That being said, I think TT does a great job with the draft.. hes pretty good there. I wish he woulda been a draft consultant rather than our GM...

Fritz
06-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Well, you say he gets this year; I think he gets two more (unless the team is a disaster this year - like, no injuries and they go 5-11).

We're not far apart. We both agree that in the near future, this team needs to produce.

Freak Out
06-17-2009, 05:16 PM

M3 more than TT in my opinion.

Scott Campbell
06-17-2009, 05:16 PM

BINGO!

TT may of been left with a crap situation but guess what... its year 5 now. Year 4 just left us 6-10.... 6 and friggin 10 people... thats awful. If another one of those years are in store, I know for a fact there will be a helluva lot more people on my side of the fence for him as a GM. That being said, I think TT does a great job with the draft.. hes pretty good there. I wish he woulda been a draft consultant rather than our GM...

I'd agree with this. Another losing season at this point would have a LOT of people asking serious questions about Ted being the right guy.

Gunakor
06-17-2009, 05:17 PM

BINGO!

6-10 riddled with injury. 6-10 following 13-3. You can't discredit Thompson's success and only count his failure.

And you aren't convincing anybody that 13-3 was only Favre and had nothing to do with Thompson.

Pacopete4
06-17-2009, 05:23 PM

BINGO!

6-10 riddled with injury. 6-10 following 13-3. You can't discredit Thompson's success and only count his failure.

And you aren't convincing anybody that 13-3 was only Favre and had nothing to do with Thompson.

this has nothing to do with Favre.. thats a seperate issue for me

4-12: excuse cuz Sherman
8-8: after starting 4-8 we heard that TT's guys are coming around now
13-3: oh we are on the verge or being a great team for awhile to come
6-10: another excuse.. injuries

31-33: not that great of a GM so far Gunkor, not great at all...

another losing season and it'll be all but said and done, I'm tellin ya

but put it this way.. another great season and you wont have trouble finding people who are backing TT... so just hope to yourself that TT does know what he's doing and has improved this team enough to keep his fuckin job, let alone get support from the fans

cpk1994
06-17-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm always a little puzzled why, even before the Brett Favre stuff, so many people disliked Thompson. Sure, he's not a warm-n-cozy guy, but neither was Mike Sherman.

The answer is still Brett Favre. Most of those that severly dislike TT do so becuase, in their eyes, TT wasn't bedning over backwards to bring in big name FA to "Get Brett another Super Bowl". It didn't matter to them if trying to do that could put the team in a hoile that could set them back a decade. It didn't matter that Mike Sherman had already tried and failed miserably. They only cared that Brett got another ring. It was shortsightedness and an unwillingness to let go.

cpk1994
06-17-2009, 05:34 PM

BINGO!

but put it this way.. another great season and you wont have trouble finding people who are backing TT... so just hope to yourself that TT does know what he's doing and has improved this team enough to keep his fuckin job, let alone get support from the fansYou just proved Guns point. You refuse to give TT any credit for 13-3. That's bullshit and you know it.

Pacopete4
06-17-2009, 05:36 PM

BINGO!

but put it this way.. another great season and you wont have trouble finding people who are backing TT... so just hope to yourself that TT does know what he's doing and has improved this team enough to keep his fuckin job, let alone get support from the fansYou just proved Guns point. You refuse to give TT any credit for 13-3. That's bullshit and you know it.

I give him credit for 13-3 just like I give him credit for the 31-33 overall record that go along with a 4-12 record, a 8-8 record, and MOST RECENTLY a 6-10 record.... I'll give him credit if he this years team has a good year.. and that better be 10+ wins or he's wasting my time..

RashanGary
06-17-2009, 05:38 PM
I agree with Joemailman that this is the best team the Packers have had in over 5 years (including 13-3).

Raji replaces Corey Williams
Jenkins is back (starting over Michael nobody Montgomery from last year)
Harrell is finally healthy

The DL looks to have gotten it's depth back. Last year that hurt us badly.

ST's were a huge issue a year ago. I thought they'd be great last year and absolutely stunk. That will go a long way toward determining the season. If they're great, the Packers should win a lot of games. If the ST's is horrible, it's going to be tough to win.

All in all, I love the look of this team. They're young but experienced. They appear to have depth on the DL. They don't appear to have any glaring weaknesses. I like the new coordinator. I think it was a great hire. I like that they appear to have gotten tougher. I like that Rodgers has a season under his belt rather than starting his first game.

I'm very excited for this season. I can't wait for the preseason games to get rolling.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-17-2009, 05:38 PM

Was Paul Rudd in that?

No.

Gunakor
06-17-2009, 05:39 PM
I'll give him credit if he this years team has a good year.. and that better be 10+ wins or he's wasting my time..

Your time???

He's not on your time. He can't waste it. Come on now Paco...

Pacopete4
06-17-2009, 05:41 PM
I'll give him credit if he this years team has a good year.. and that better be 10+ wins or he's wasting my time..

Your time???

its my time on Sundays he'll be wasting watching some horshit team struggle... so yes... my time, he will be wasting my time..

cpk1994
06-17-2009, 05:43 PM

Your time???

its my time on Sundays he'll be wasting watching some horshit team struggle... so yes... my time, he will be wasting my time..Again He is not on your time. TT doesn't give a shit about you or your time. So you can cut the slef centered crap now.

Pacopete4
06-17-2009, 05:47 PM

Your time???

its my time on Sundays he'll be wasting watching some horshit team struggle... so yes... my time, he will be wasting my time..Again He is not on your time. TT doesn't give a shit about you or your time. So you can cut the slef centered crap now.

hahaha oooooh ok... I'll cut it out when he starts winning games.. ok pumpkin? :lol:

Joemailman
06-17-2009, 05:48 PM

Tyrone Bigguns
06-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Ty has always believed in a 5 year plan to build a team

Ty believes the worst thing that happened to the pack in relation the plan was the 13-3 record...an aberration with things falling into place that can't be counted on every year.

If the team had gone 10-6..perspectives woulda changed. Would Brett have retired..."giving all he can." Would he have come back outta shape like he did for the Jets? Plenty of questions.

Expectations were falsely raised. We went into the 13-3 season knowing full well that wasn't the record we expected. We came outta that season with SB dreams...well, for some. The more levelheaded realized that it was a fluke.

And, if we went 10-6, and went 6-10 with Arod...many on this board would see that the team clearly had injuries and was on the way up.

Gunakor
06-17-2009, 05:52 PM

Your time???

hahaha oooooh ok... I'll cut it out when he starts winning games.. ok pumpkin? :lol:

You miss the point. TT isn't trying to win games in an effort to entertain Paco. Nor should he consider himself a failure just because Paco isn't very entertained. He's not forcing you to watch, and neither is anyone else. YOU are the one wasting your own time watching a horseshit team struggle. Ted's not on your time, so he can't waste it.

Pacopete4
06-17-2009, 05:56 PM

Your time???

You miss the point. TT isn't trying to win games in an effort to entertain Paco. Nor should he consider himself a failure just because Paco isn't very entertained. He's not forcing you to watch, and neither is anyone else. YOU are the one wasting your own time watching a horseshit team struggle. Ted's not on your time, so he can't waste it.

No, I didn't miss the point... at all. He shouldn't consider himself a failure for what I think.. he should for his overall record and missing the playoffs 3 of 4 season with 2 of them being a below .500 record... that in itself speaks for itself... he doesnt need me to tell him anything

it was more of a figure of speech if u didnt catch on...

Scott Campbell
06-17-2009, 05:57 PM

Your time???

its my time on Sundays he'll be wasting watching some horshit team struggle... so yes... my time, he will be wasting my time..

You're right, and should send Ted the bill.

So how much would you have made babysitting if you weren't watching the game?

Gunakor
06-17-2009, 06:05 PM
He shouldn't consider himself a failure for what I think.. he should for his overall record and missing the playoffs 3 of 4 season with 2 of them being a below .500 record... that in itself speaks for itself

YOU consider him a failure for the very reasons you mentioned. I consider him a success because he has made it more likely we'll be successful in years to come than it had looked when he got here. See my rant on Mike Sherman for an explaination of that. You say it's just excuses, and I know I won't ever convince you otherwise. But it is what it is, whether you believe it or not. Why the hell would they have fired Sherman - a GM who never missed the playoffs, always won the division, tons of wins, etc. - if they thought wins and losses were the only thing a GM was judged on? Because there's more to it than that, obviously.

Pacopete4
06-17-2009, 06:06 PM

Your time???

You're right, and should send Ted the bill.

So how much would you have made babysitting if you weren't watching the game?

haha, he should send the bill and its double the price because I drank more with watching the horshit team he put together

Pacopete4
06-17-2009, 06:08 PM
He shouldn't consider himself a failure for what I think.. he should for his overall record and missing the playoffs 3 of 4 season with 2 of them being a below .500 record... that in itself speaks for itself

YOU consider him a failure for the very reasons you mentioned. I consider him a success because he has made it more likely we'll be successful in years to come than it had looked when he got here. See my rant on Mike Sherman for an explaination of that. You say it's just excuses, and I know I won't ever convince you otherwise. But it is what it is, whether you believe it or not. Why the hell would they have fired Sherman - a GM who never missed the playoffs, always won the division, tons of wins, etc. - if they thought wins and losses were the only thing a GM was judged on? Because there's more to it than that, obviously.

you have absolutely no idea what the future holds... none, zero, zilch... nada... no one does. GM's don't hold onto their jobs long when they lose, and neither will TT if he continues on this path whether u like the young guys he's got or not.. it doesn't guarantee anything (thank you brett favre for the last statement ha)

Gunakor
06-17-2009, 06:12 PM

you have absolutely no idea what the future holds... none, zero, zilch... nada... no one does. GM's don't hold onto their jobs long when they lose, and neither will TT if he continues on this path whether u like the young guys he's got or not.. it doesn't guarantee anything (thank you brett favre for the last statement ha)

Paco, if you are looking for guarantees, you are at the wrong forum. I'm not guaranteeing anything.

You refuse to go back and look at the state of our franchise when Thompson took over. I can't continue this argument with you until you start looking at the state of the franchise instead of just wins and losses. We are much healthier vs. the salary cap. We are MUCH younger, and our players aren't being outrageously overpaid for their services anymore. This DOES make it more likely we'll be successful in the future than we would have been with Sherman, regardless of wins and losses over the PAST four years. That all factors into a GM's performance as much as wins and losses do. Check it out before you reply to this.

Scott Campbell
06-17-2009, 06:19 PM
You refuse to go back and look at the state of our franchise when Thompson took over.

That's a subjective exercise, and I agree with you. He passes the sniff test. But now it's time to prove it with the W/L record.

Paco hates Ted because he thinks the man "dissed" Favre. You're never going to change his mind.

Gunakor
06-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Paco hates Ted because he thinks the man "dissed" Favre.

It's a separate issue. He's said so himself.

I don't know, because I didn't join PR until the JSO collapse, but did he voice such vile hatred of our GM before the Favre saga began last June?

Scott Campbell
06-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Paco hates Ted because he thinks the man "dissed" Favre.

It's a separate issue. He's said so himself.

I don't know, because I didn't join PR until the JSO collapse, but did he voice such vile hatred of our GM before the Favre saga began last June?

I honestly don't remember.

cpk1994
06-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Paco hates Ted because he thinks the man "dissed" Favre. You're never going to change his mind.I think this has been proven many times over no matter how many times he tries to say otherwise.

Scott Campbell
06-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Paco hates Ted because he thinks the man "dissed" Favre. You're never going to change his mind.I think this has been proven many times over no matter how many times he tries to say otherwise.

I didn't notice him hiding from it.

cpk1994
06-17-2009, 09:04 PM

I didn't notice him hiding from it.Did you read all the "I can't make up my mind." posts?

Scott Campbell
06-17-2009, 09:12 PM

I didn't notice him hiding from it.Did you read all the "I can't make up my mind." posts?

He can't make up his mind about rooting for the Packers. He's consistently hated Ted over his unholy treatment of Brett.

cpk1994
06-17-2009, 09:38 PM
He can't make up his mind about rooting for the Packers. He's consistently hated Ted over his unholy treatment of Brett.Touche.

Pacopete4
06-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Paco, if you are looking for guarantees, you are at the wrong forum. I'm not guaranteeing anything.

You refuse to go back and look at the state of our franchise when Thompson took over. I can't continue this argument with you until you start looking at the state of the franchise instead of just wins and losses. We are much healthier vs. the salary cap. We are MUCH younger, and our players aren't being outrageously overpaid for their services anymore. This DOES make it more likely we'll be successful in the future than we would have been with Sherman, regardless of wins and losses over the PAST four years. That all factors into a GM's performance as much as wins and losses do. Check it out before you reply to this.

Gunkor.. I am looking at the whole picture. I realize that he's done a job in getting us outta cap hell, I do realize he's done a good job at drafting for the future.. i get that... i really do. I am one, and even say it to my friends, that TT knows what he's doing when it comes to the draft.

but here are my bitches:

yes, we are MUCH younger as you state... but so? has that translated into wins? nope...

is there more talent on this team now then when Sherman had it? its all perspective because Shermans talent was proven and we knew what we were gonna get, TT's are all guesses... all of em... every year we have absolutely no clue who's gonna be good.... again, are there more wins?

TT still refuses any sort of "star" powered help... whether or not u think the FA market is weak or whatever... there are guys out there that can help us and just cuz they go somewhere else and do shitty, does NOT mean they would here. We've all seen what good situations can do for players (FAVRE)... any more wins?

TT has felt the need to NOT bolster our O and D lines... our O line is absolutely pathetic... we are lucky our offense has been as good as it has with that crap oline has been (maybe this year they'll be good, but who knows).... anymore wins?

TT may of ridden us from some of the overpaid dead wait we had BECAUSE of the 4-5 good years we had while Sherman was here. Did Sherman take a chance and try to get a SB, yes and failed....

but Id sure as hell rather have a GM that goes for it all than one that is ok with amount of wins he has that season, just as long as he can go scout the next NFL class that comes in... TT will never win because of this.. hes more into scouting college players, than he will ever be about winning in the NFL, and I'm sticking to it!

TT is a loser in the NFL because of this.. and it'll be proven in the near future.... and thats me predicting the future

PS. My brother just has his first kid, a girl.. Emma Madison Peterson... and I'm pretty drunk in the celebration, I LOVE YOU ALL!... even you CPK :D

ThunderDan
06-18-2009, 09:14 AM
TT still refuses any sort of "star" powered help... whether or not u think the FA market is weak or whatever... there are guys out there that can help us and just cuz they go somewhere else and do shitty, does NOT mean they would here. We've all seen what good situations can do for players (FAVRE)... any more wins?

How do you judge talent then? You mean if Ryan Leaf was drafted by anyone other than the Chargers he would have been a star?

What do you call Charles Woodson??

Why are you so thrilled with "star" players? You can't have a Pro-Bowler at every position. You have to find JAGS to plug in holes all over the place. The starting Pro-Bowl players for the NFC had $118,319,400 in salary paid. That's for 22 guys. Nick Collins was the least expensive at $523,120.

That line up would put you over the cap with no backups or kickers. There are only so many superstars you can afford.

Gunakor
06-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Paco, you are kidding yourself if you believe that TT or anyone else in the Packers organization is satisfied with 6 wins. Nothing the Packers have done this offseason suggests they are okay with just 6 wins. It's a pretty lame argument to make that TT is okay with however many wins he has, so long as he can scout the next incoming class of NFL rookies. Very lame indeed.

Pacopete4
06-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Paco, you are kidding yourself if you believe that TT or anyone else in the Packers organization is satisfied with 6 wins. Nothing the Packers have done this offseason suggests they are okay with just 6 wins. It's a pretty lame argument to make that TT is okay with however many wins he has, so long as he can scout the next incoming class of NFL rookies. Very lame indeed.

not his highest priority... would rather look like a genius picking the next sleeper IMO

Scott Campbell
06-18-2009, 12:41 PM

not his highest priority... would rather look like a genius picking the next sleeper IMO

Only if he was hellbent on getting fired.

Gunakor
06-18-2009, 12:55 PM

Is there a source that quotes anyone within the Packers front office echoing this statement, or is that just your opinion based on a 6-10 season?

Packers4Ever
06-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Please. That was not an above average intervew. That was a disgusting exhibition of Buck sucking Favre's dick. It was exacty what I predicted becuase Buck doesn't have a pair. That is why I mentioned Bob Costas. Bob isn't afraid to confront athletes with real queations.

Yes, but Brett is. Brett's choice of interviewers should tell you all you need to know.

Hey Ty, let us know when that Larry King interview is scheduled, would ya please ?? Thanx !

Packers4Ever
06-18-2009, 04:00 PM

Paco, Gunakor is correct, I just read about GMs etc...being let go when the Win-Loss balance is way off too many times - like their 6-10 year. I was on another Forum this afternoon and it came up for discussion. Only makes sense that the Exec. Board will take that for only so long.

The Shadow
06-18-2009, 04:55 PM
The argument that TT would rather fail miserably - and lose his job! - just to 'stick it to Favre' or 'look like a genius' has become, over time, one of those completely over-the-top beliefs that Favre supporters, by chanting like a mantra, have made themselves actually believe.
At the root of it all lies one simple truth : these folks are Brett Favre idolizers - even more than Packer fans - who completely believe :
a. he can never do anything wrong
b. all failures can be attributed to someone else
c. he deserves no criticism - EVER

Therefore, anyone who ever does anything perceived as a slight to him, like TT, who finally had enough of his act and moved on for the betterment of the team, or posters who refuse to worship him by insisting on judging him objectively, draw their 'true believer' ire.
And even if Thompson's Packers win a Super Bowl, that will not change.
It's really pretty useless to attempt to reason with them.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-18-2009, 05:35 PM

Hey Ty, let us know when that Larry King interview is scheduled, would ya please ?? Thanx !

With this post and the one defending gunakor..can't tell if you are fucking with or just naive. Either way, Ty is smitten.

MJ...there is competition now!!

MJZiggy
06-18-2009, 06:13 PM
You were made for each other. I won't stand in the way.

Scott Campbell
06-18-2009, 06:17 PM

This is like watching two girls play hot potato. :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-18-2009, 06:19 PM

Fight for us. I'm not giving up.

Fritz
06-18-2009, 06:40 PM

This is like watching two girls play hot potato. :lol:

Where's Bretsky? He's been given the perfect set-up here. Better than Abbott for Costello or McMahon for Carson.

Go Bretsky!

Packers4Ever
06-18-2009, 08:38 PM
[quote=MJZiggy]You were made for each other. I won't stand in the way.

This is like watching two girls play hot potato. :lol:[/quote

He's all yours, MJ !! :wink:

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 12:22 AM

Traitor!?

NO!!

Favre is a professional athlete that gave all he could to the Green Bay Packers as long as he was wanted. He always said " he would be a Packer as long as he was wanted" and he thought he could still as a QB contribute to wins. Last season the Green Bay Packer organization said no more to Favre as a Packer. The Packer organization moved on as did Brett Favre.

Favre proved he could still play at a high level and win with nine more added to his all time best total. I suspect he still feels he has some in the tank, and with a solid team like the Vikings, an excellent opportunity to prolong his career with a team that may 'in fact' desire his skills.

What any of the above, in all common sense has to do with a comparison of Brett Favre 'the Pro NFL QB' and Favre as a traitor to the Packer organization that tried to retire him prematurely is way beyond my sensabilities.

Time for people on this forum to see it straight up and get set for what may be some really fine contests between the Packers and the Vikings this season. It just can't nor won"t get any better if Favre does become a Viking in terms of 'the rivalry' in 'just a Pro sport' ladies and gentleman.

We're not talking war here. It's just sports. :D

GO PACKERS!

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 12:51 AM

Thank you!

I'm not exactly sure how I feel. I was raised to want the Packers to win no matter what but I also watched a man for 16 years pour his heart out for Green Bay Packers football. Now some yahoo comes in here and decided for me when that was going to end? To me, that's not right. Do I have to live with it? Of course... but I DO NOT have to agree with it. I am a believer that there is a lot more to the story that dealed with a few years of the TT/Favre relationship. It also doesn't make it easier when our GM, so far, is a failure. You can feed me that bullshit 13-3 speech if you'd like, but his record is proven and his inability to put together playoff teams year in year out is proven.. again, so far. And that's where the dilemma comes in.

If I support Brett on the Vikings, to most I am not a Packers fan. Its a great thing that I don't give a shit what people say because I don't see it that way. I've wavered back and forth but it comes down to, can I deal with the Vikings being good for a season to get vengeance at TT? If you asked me right now, I'd say ya.. I could. But I also think its cuz I hang around this message board and read all the dumb, unnecessary, immature, stupid shit about Brett. So maybe when the season comes around and I'm watching Packer football again, my mind will change. Hell, its already changed a thousand times on the issue...

I like your courage man. Stay true to yourself. It isn't an easy position to be in for any Packer fan that feels warmth still for Brett Favre. There are people on this board that want to slam anyone that is split on the issue of Favre once a Packer and now deciding to continue playing elsewhere. It's clear to me that in the end. The Green Bay Packers were willing to see this risk of who gets the last laugh.

I certainly won't fall for the scenario of it being anything to do with a grudge between Favre and Ted Thompson. The Green Bay Packers let Favre go after a terrific season in 2007. He was runner up for the MVP and overall played extremeely well.

Favre deserves our respect to want to return to be an NFL QB and nothing less IMO. To let emotions fly in the face of that is foolish to immature. It's time for people here to grow up. Take a deep breath. Just relax and look forward to some exciting football. Favre won't play forever. If Favre joins the Vikings or not it's still the Packer GM and coach's job to see our team beat their best efforts this season.

It's noone's job or even common sense to witness any member of this board beat up on another member over Brett Favre's GOD given right to play football anywhere in the NFL as a FA. :D

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 12:53 AM

Straight up solid post.

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 01:01 AM

What a sweet guy.

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 01:24 AM
I agree with Joemailman that this is the best team the Packers have had in over 5 years (including 13-3).

Raji replaces Corey Williams
Jenkins is back (starting over Michael nobody Montgomery from last year)
Harrell is finally healthy

The DL looks to have gotten it's depth back. Last year that hurt us badly.

ST's were a huge issue a year ago. I thought they'd be great last year and absolutely stunk. That will go a long way toward determining the season. If they're great, the Packers should win a lot of games. If the ST's is horrible, it's going to be tough to win.

All in all, I love the look of this team. They're young but experienced. They appear to have depth on the DL. They don't appear to have any glaring weaknesses. I like the new coordinator. I think it was a great hire. I like that they appear to have gotten tougher. I like that Rodgers has a season under his belt rather than starting his first game.

I'm very excited for this season. I can't wait for the preseason games to get rolling.

I like your enthusiasm and positivity JH. Great stuff. One of the most forward posts in this thread. I like your overall fine contribution to our forum also.

JH. I watched you struggle two years ago but you've grown man. Congratulations Packer fan. :D

GO PACKERS!

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 09:29 AM

Traitor!?

NO!!

Favre is a professional athlete that gave all he could to the Green Bay Packers as long as he was wanted. He always said " he would be a Packer as long as he was wanted" and he thought he could still as a QB contribute to wins. Last season the Green Bay Packer organization said no more to Favre as a Packer. The Packer organization moved on as did Brett Favre.

Favre proved he could still play at a high level and win with nine more added to his all time best total. I suspect he still feels he has some in the tank, and with a solid team like the Vikings, an excellent opportunity to prolong his career with a team that may 'in fact' desire his skills.

What any of the above, in all common sense has to do with a comparison of Brett Favre 'the Pro NFL QB' and Favre as a traitor to the Packer organization that tried to retire him prematurely is way beyond my sensabilities.

Time for people on this forum to see it straight up and get set for what may be some really fine contests between the Packers and the Vikings this season. It just can't nor won"t get any better if Favre does become a Viking in terms of 'the rivalry' in 'just a Pro sport' ladies and gentleman.

We're not talking war here. It's just sports. :D

GO PACKERS!

If you haven't made any kind of emotional investment in the Packers, you are free to feel this way if you'd like. To many of us, who have made that investment, it's not just a sport or a rivalry. It's part of life. And we feel betrayed. That's how we feel.

If you lived here, you'd probably better understand. Of all the franchises in all of sport, the Green Bay Packers ARE the fans, the fans ARE the Packers, and you'd be hard pressed to find another organization in any professional sport that comes close in that regard. When a long time Packer legend chooses to spite the Packers, and makes a point of spiting the Packers, we all feel betrayed. You don't have to. But don't suggest that we can't or shouldn't.

Time for people on this forum to see it straight up and get set for what may be some really fine contests between the Packers and the Vikings this season.

I am fully prepared for some really fine contests between the Packers and the Vikings even without Favre. You make it sound certain that Favre would be the key to making the Vikings contenders. The Vikings are contenders without Favre, just as I feel the Packers are contenders without Favre. I am completely satisfied with the level of excitement that game will bring, whether Favre plays or not.

cpk1994
06-20-2009, 03:21 PM
The argument that TT would rather fail miserably - and lose his job! - just to 'stick it to Favre' or 'look like a genius' has become, over time, one of those completely over-the-top beliefs that Favre supporters, by chanting like a mantra, have made themselves actually believe.
At the root of it all lies one simple truth : these folks are Brett Favre idolizers - even more than Packer fans - who completely believe :
a. he can never do anything wrong
b. all failures can be attributed to someone else
c. he deserves no criticism - EVER

Therefore, anyone who ever does anything perceived as a slight to him, like TT, who finally had enough of his act and moved on for the betterment of the team, or posters who refuse to worship him by insisting on judging him objectively, draw their 'true believer' ire.
And even if Thompson's Packers win a Super Bowl, that will not change.
It's really pretty useless to attempt to reason with them.

Nice summary. Well said. :bclap:

ThunderDan
06-20-2009, 08:20 PM

The only person who retired was Brett Favre. The Packers didn't retire him. I sure as hell remember Brett crying and saying he was leaving.

I was sad because I remebered the great 16 years he gave the GB Packers and thought that was a great career, can't wait until you are put in Canton.

The Shadow
06-21-2009, 12:16 PM
When all is said and done, I'm just happy and relieved he's performing his act somewhere else.