PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 NFL GM's

gex
06-15-2009, 06:21 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/289226

I think we need balance in the forum if were gonna start 2 of the same Farve bashing threads. 8-)

I liked this one......

Thompson has repeatedly misused and abused the power of his position. That alone is enough reason to fire him -- not to mention the other countless number of offensive and arrogant moves he's made. He actually let the public believe that Favre had contacted the Vikings on a Packer-issued phone when in fact there is no such thing as a Packer-issued phone. So I guess slander would be another legal reason to fire Thompson. He may have done some reasonable drafting, but that doesn't qualify him to be GM. Perhaps he should be demoted to recruiter it that's his supposed strength. Certainly his strength is not in people management or problem solving! He's taken the honor out of Green Bay and turned his back on the GBP's greatest asset -- Brett Favre. If the NFL business is winning, then how could any idiot make such a ridiculous decision? I wish my business issues were so difficult! He's an ego-sick, pathetic excuse for the GBP "leader." Nothing says self-important like the name Ted Thompson

gex
06-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Here is another good one:

Congratulations Ted Thompson --Green Bay is now irrelevant to the rest of the nation again. Although the Packers fans will continue to be loyal and rabid, the only reason the rest of the country had any interest in you for the past 15 years wore number 4 and played with a youthful enthusiasm that was refreshing and entertaining. It is apparent that you have wanted him to be gone for the past 3 or 4 years. Viewing the way the coach interacted with him on the sidelines, it appeared that he was tolerating him rather than enjoying coaching him. I believe he retired in the first place because GB made it clear by their actions that he was not really welcome to continue on (remember the "accidental" retirement release on the GB website).
I know it is a business but it still seems morally wrong for GB to not give him his outright release when they no longer wanted him. It would seem that the NFL vets of over 10 years should have some veto power over which teams to which they could be dealt so that they could at least have the opportunity to try to catch on with a contender when their current employer no longer wants them.

I'll find good snippets and articles that outright and slightly backhanded bash him and update this periodically.

pbmax
06-15-2009, 06:29 PM
gex, you are welcome to predict your quotes in my thread. There is room for all viewpoints predicting what Brett is going to want to talk about. The point is to do it in Favre style. The side of the Brett debate doesn't matter, its how well do you know the guy.

sheepshead
06-15-2009, 06:42 PM
He's a better GM than McCarthy is a HC at this point. I dont think there's any question about that.
So top 10? Heck yeah.

Jimx29
06-15-2009, 06:48 PM
See Siggy

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Ooh an internet petition. How retarded. At least we know where tthe few remaininig Favre ass kissers hang out.

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Ooh an internet petition. How retarded. At least we know where tthe few remaininig Favre ass kissers hang out.

Or maybe where people go who don't think he's doing a great job? Ya know like the under .500 record, missing the playoffs 3 of 4 seasons, firing our whole defensive staff already, coming off a 6-10 record.... Ya know stuff like that... Factual things....

Scott Campbell
06-15-2009, 07:24 PM
I know it is a business but it still seems morally wrong for GB to not give him his outright release when they no longer wanted him. It would seem that the NFL vets of over 10 years should have some veto power over which teams to which they could be dealt so that they could at least have the opportunity to try to catch on with a contender when their current employer no longer wants them.

Favre was paid good money in return for those rights. I didn't see Favre offering any refunds when he asked for his outright release. If you have a problem with his contract, I suggest you take it up with Bus Cook.

The Shadow
06-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Ted Thompson is building a franchise from top to bottom that can contend every year.
A single player should not be able to dictate to a team. Favre simply ran into a stonger guy who had the guts to say no to him.
Brett Favre or Ted Thompson?
I'd rather have Ted - every time.

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Ted Thompson is building a franchise from top to bottom that can contend every year.
A single player should not be able to dictate to a team. Favre simply ran into a stonger guy who had the guts to say no to him.

Favre has more has more rings...

Lurker64
06-15-2009, 07:55 PM
People still do internet petitions? They haven't realized that an online petition has never accomplished anything ever?

If people really, sincerely think that Ted Thompson should be fired, buy a stamp and send a letter to Mark Murphy explaining your reasons. That's going to be a million times more effective than signing an online petition anonymously.

Scott Campbell
06-15-2009, 08:04 PM

That's a nice memento, but Ted's got the job, and Brett is just out looking.

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 08:06 PM

That's a nice memento, but Ted's got the job, and Brett is just out looking.

We'll see who gets the last laugh, most likely...

Tyrone Bigguns
06-15-2009, 08:15 PM

Really? Brett most certainly does not have more rings. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My god, you must work hard to be this dumb. It can't all be natural ability.

Gunakor
Here is another good one:

Congratulations Ted Thompson --Green Bay is now irrelevant to the rest of the nation again.

There is a group of pretty outstanding coaches that joined our team this offseason. Coaches with a history of success. Take Trgovac for example - why would he leave a DC position @ Carolina for a position job here in Green Bay if he didn't think this team had a real chance at success? Plus, we still have a whole bunch of prime time games - so the media still considers us relevant as well. I don't think Green Bay is as irrelevant to the rest of the nation as you do.

pbmax

Or maybe where people go who don't think he's doing a great job? Ya know like the under .500 record, missing the playoffs 3 of 4 seasons, firing our whole defensive staff already, coming off a 6-10 record.... Ya know stuff like that... Factual things....
Thompson has a lot to prove. But a misleading title on a rather ridiculous poll is not likely to shed any light on the matter. Nor are posts from last July or August on yardbarker.

Perhaps numb, gex and others would care to list their concerns about Thompson's ability to reproduce another 13-3 season (rather than 6-10) in this thread, rather than complain that the threads are out of balance.

I have had my mind changed often on this site. Never by posters who only complain, however. And I am pretty sure McCarthy fired the D coaches.

pbmax
06-15-2009, 08:25 PM
And I really think those who feel overrun on this site by what they feel as anti-Favre fervor have really missed an opportunity.

I am not convinced Thompson is going to get this done, outside of Jennings, we can't be sure of All-Pro talent from his drafts. Rodgers, perhaps. Colledge, maybe. Bretsky can give you chapter and verse on Free Agency. wist can give you 20 years worth of doubt about the scouting dept and defense. Hell, wist can give you a thread about the problem with safeties under Wolf, et al. There are plenty of reasons to question the GM. I do, however, agree with most of his approach.

Many of the arguments over Thompson are much more favorable to your cause than the Favre issue. I will side with the GM in a debate with a player playing backseat GM every time. But you might convince some folks if you mentioned other problem areas once in a while.

Just my 2 cents.

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 08:26 PM

Or maybe where people go who don't think he's doing a great job? Ya know like the under .500 record, missing the playoffs 3 of 4 seasons, firing our whole defensive staff already, coming off a 6-10 record.... Ya know stuff like that... Factual things....An internet petition is the most retarded waste of time out there. I guess that is why you support irrelevant crap like that.

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 08:29 PM

My god, you must work hard to be this dumb. It can't all be natural ability.Sure it can. :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-15-2009, 08:33 PM

My god, you must work hard to be this dumb. It can't all be natural ability.Sure it can. :lol:

You are right. Ty assumed Paco was white...therfore a "heady" dumb poster. Couldn't be a natural dumb poster.

Ty apologizes for his reverse racism. :oops:

Joemailman
06-15-2009, 08:33 PM
The key question regarding Ted Thompson doesn't have to do with Mike Wahle, Brett Favre, Justin Harrell, or Randy Moss. The key question is whether he made the right decision in hiring Mike McCarthy. He will probably succeed or fail based on that. Another 6-10 season and there will be immense pressure on both. I don't buy the argument that they get a pass this year because they're starting over with a new defense either. Capers should be able to put together a defense that will hold it's own. Last year the Packers were a team that found ways to lose games in the 4th quarter. McCarthy needs to find a way to reverse that.

Gunakor
06-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Neither option is even close to my feelings of Thompson. I don't think he has an inflated ego of himself, even in private. Nor do I think he's the best ever, or even at this very moment. I agree with his approach to rebuilding this roster, but until he wins the Super Bowl he can't be considered the best.

I think he's doing his job. That's what I think.

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 08:35 PM

You are right. Ty assumed Paco was white...therfore a "heady" dumb poster. Couldn't be a natural dumb poster.

Ty apologizes for his reverse racism. :oops:No apologies needed. There are always execeptions to every rule.

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 08:37 PM

How do u figure that Favre has less rings?

Fred's Slacks
06-15-2009, 08:38 PM

How many rings do you think he has? I remember one. I'm pretty sure that's it.

Since then it was TT's roster that gave him his most Legit shot at another one. You guys can continue to ignore that fact and believe that TT's only goal was to run Brett out of town.

He was a great QB, but he was paid well for his services. The organization owed him nothing.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-15-2009, 08:41 PM

I don't figure anything. And, i never said Favre has less.

And, from your posts it becomes increasingly apparent that you have a hard time reading and following along.

Let me spell it out for the slow child of the packer forum.

Brett has 1 ring.

TT has 1 ring.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fred's Slacks
06-15-2009, 08:43 PM

TT was the director of Pro Personnel when Brett won his ring. Therefore they both have the same ring.

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 08:43 PM

Favre has more has more rings...NO he does not. Ted Thompson has the same Super Bowl ring that Brett has. Ted was Ron Wolf's right hand man in 1996. Brett only has one. So how is 1 > 1?

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 08:44 PM

And, from your posts it becomes increasingly apparent that you have a hard time reading and following along.

Brett has 1 ring.

TT has 1 ring.

When did TT get a ring?

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 08:45 PM

Brett has 1 ring.

TT has 1 ring.

When did TT get a ring?1996 He was Director of Player Personnel under Ron Wolf. Jesus are you slow?

HarveyWallbangers
06-15-2009, 08:46 PM
When did TT get a ring?

He was the Director of Pro Personnel for the Packers from 1993-1997.

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 08:47 PM
When did TT get a ring?

He was the Director of Pro Personnel for the Packers from 1993-1997.Anyone else want to mention this? :lol:

Pacopete4
06-15-2009, 08:48 PM
When did TT get a ring?

Shoulda kept him at that job...

Tyrone Bigguns
06-15-2009, 08:49 PM

Brett has 1 ring.

TT has 1 ring.

When did TT get a ring?

Congrats. Just when i thought you couldn't appear more stupid..you up and prove me wrong. Is there a compulsion that forces to you to act stupid?

I gave you the hint. All you had to do was think or google.

Stupid and lazy is no way to go thru life paco.

Fritz
06-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Gex, if you're going to use a link to the internet petition to fire TT, maybe find one that doesn't have a factual mistake in the preamble:

"Last season Brett Favre lobbied for the Packers to trade a late round pick for Randy Moss (Who ended up leading the NFL in touchdowns and was second in receiving yards) and the Packers did nothing."

The Packers did do something. This is from ESPN:

"A trade sending Moss from the Oakland Raiders to Green Bay is already in discussion stages, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported, saying according to an unnamed league source, general manager Ted Thompson has already been in direct talks with Raiders owner Al Davis about the move. According to sources, the teams have discussed the trade for a month and the Packers have been given permission to talk to Moss' agent about restructuring his contract."

However, the Packers, according to Moss, talked too much about Moss not coming in and upsetting the apple cart, and Moss did not like that. That caused him to lose interest.

New England offered a third, and it was done.

To say that the Packers didn't do enough, that they should've sweet-talked Moss, might be a valid opinion. But to say they "did nothing" is not true.

cpk1994
Congrats. Just when i thought you couldn't appear more stupid..you up and prove me wrong. Is there a compulsion that forces to you to act stupid?

I gave you the hint. All you had to do was think or google.

Stupid and lazy is no way to go thru life paco.If he is effective with it, why knock it?

Scott Campbell
When did TT get a ring?

Paco got Patlerized.

Scott Campbell
06-15-2009, 08:53 PM
People still do internet petitions? They haven't realized that an online petition has never accomplished anything ever?

I think there should be an internet petition to keep B.F. out of the Packer HOF. He's not worthy.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-15-2009, 08:54 PM
When did TT get a ring?

Paco got Patlerized.

Fuck you. Paco got Biggumsized.

I called it out b4 anybody.

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 08:55 PM

I think there should be an internet petition to keep B.F. out of the Packer HOF. He's not worthy.You just caused me to remember when we had a poll here on whether Tank should be banned for good or not. Good times.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Gex, if you're going to use a link to the internet petition to fire TT, maybe find one that doesn't have a factual mistake in the preamble:

Fuck you and your big words.

Doesn't change a thing. :wink:

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 08:56 PM
When did TT get a ring?

Paco got Patlerized.

Fuck you. Paco got Biggumsized.

I called it out b4 anybody.Biggunsized. You need to get that trademarked and on a T-shirt if you haven't already. :lol:

Fritz
06-15-2009, 08:59 PM

Fewer letters than "introduction"!

pbmax
06-15-2009, 09:05 PM
When did TT get a ring?

You were in a tight corner, back against the wall, packer administrative history against you; and a good response. No lashing out, room to laugh at yourself. I give this response a 9.2. The Russian judge gives it a 7.8. Man are they tough. :lol:

Fritz
06-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah, but look at those Damn Brits, tossing a ten out there!

We beat the bejesus out of them two hundred years ago and now they suck up like a little brother!

Tyrone Bigguns
06-15-2009, 09:08 PM

Fewer letters than "introduction"!

There you go agin with your fancy book lernin.

Why can't you just "start" like the rest of the maroons on that site?

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 09:10 PM

Fewer letters than "introduction"!It would have been even fewer if you had used "preface".

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 09:11 PM

We beat the bejesus out of them two hundred years ago and now they suck up like a little brother!How about the French? Looks like they will sell off their score for anything.

pbmax
06-15-2009, 10:06 PM

We beat the bejesus out of them two hundred years ago and now they suck up like a little brother!How about the French? Looks like they will sell off their score for anything.
French attitudes about America are complicated; it's a love-hate thing both ways. They would score it an 8.3.

But the makeup *** would be fantastic. :lol:

*** Doesn't belong in Packer's Room. Might have gotten carried away. :oops:

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 04:16 AM
When did TT get a ring?

He was the Director of Pro Personnel for the Packers from 1993-1997.Anyone else want to mention this? :lol:

Why are you such a mean and contentious immature person cpk1994 ?

Were you that kid that was always bullied at recess or at the playground? Never or seldom picked to a side? Had the worst case of acne and hair hanging over your eyes? Never got a date? Never got to summer camp? Had no sign of a tan come september?

I know. It was all of the above cpk1994. Poor fellow.

Scott Campbell
06-20-2009, 08:10 AM
When did TT get a ring?

Were you that kid that was always bullied at recess or at the playground? Never or seldom picked to a side? Had the worst case of acne and hair hanging over your eyes? Never got a date? Never got to summer camp? Had no sign of a tan come september?

Here we go again - sermons from father Woody.

http://www.utilitarianism.com/jesus-christ.jpg

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 12:39 PM
When did TT get a ring?

No Scott. Your admirer (small buddy) cpk1994, has serious issues with hate and anger. Now that's just me seeing it Scott. Maybe people like you really admire all he stands for?

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 01:04 PM
When did TT get a ring?

No Scott. Your admirer (small buddy) cpk1994, has serious issues with hate and anger. Now that's just me seeing it Scott. Maybe people like you really admire all he stands for?

I checked, and he didn't say a thing to you or about you. Nor did he say anything hateful in the post you quoted - just a sarcastic way of making of the fact that so many posters chimed in with that info about Ted and the ring he won. What did you take offense to in his post?

Scott Campbell
06-20-2009, 08:28 PM
It was an unprovoked personal attack.

Lurker64
06-20-2009, 08:47 PM
It was an unprovoked personal attack.

http://lee.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/raptor-jesus.jpg

MJZiggy
06-20-2009, 09:11 PM
When did Jesus get red hair? I thought he was Jewish...

cpk1994
06-20-2009, 11:21 PM
When did TT get a ring?

I know. It was all of the above cpk1994. Poor fellow.Apparently you never learned what a "joke" is.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-20-2009, 11:42 PM
When did Jesus get red hair? I thought he was Jewish...

ty wonders if his pubes match the carpet!