PDA

View Full Version : Got a new job

arcilite
06-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Just waiting for my background check to clear through. I'm gonna be a 'Researcher' for a government contractor in Arlington, VA. Its gonna be a great step up from my current job (Insurance Agent). They pay is gonna be decent too. I havn't been this happy in a long time.

I think I am turning into a yuppie. Ill be taking the subway into work everyday and saving up to buy a BMW by the end of the year. I want to purchase one before I turn 24.

If there are any DC area packerrats that want to meet up for a beer or 20, you should hit me up.

SkinBasket
06-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Congrats. Is this one of those shovel ready projects?

Scott Campbell
06-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Just waiting for my background check to clear through. I'm gonna be a 'Researcher' for a government contractor in Arlington, VA. Its gonna be a great step up from my current job (Insurance Agent). They pay is gonna be decent too. I havn't been this happy in a long time.

I think I am turning into a yuppie. Ill be taking the subway into work everyday and saving up to buy a BMW by the end of the year. I want to purchase one before I turn 24.

If there are any DC area packerrats that want to meet up for a beer or 20, you should hit me up.

Congrats! It's a good time to be in the market for a BMW.

arcilite
06-15-2009, 08:31 PM

Yea for some reason I'm in love with a 2007 328i convertible. Driving that around will help me meet some ladies haha.

And to skinbasket, no its not, I'll be working on a project to help military units/veterans when they get back from deployment to figure out which benefits they can utilize or help them enroll into schools, etc. I'll also be working with their spouses while they are away on deployment to help them out. I think i'll be doing something good for society for once.

MJZiggy
06-15-2009, 08:38 PM
You'll be working across the bridge from me. Welcome to town...

arcilite
06-15-2009, 08:40 PM

I've been living in northern Virginia all my life (manassas). But I just moved to Mclean in February (yeah im one of those people). Where you live at?

packinpatland
06-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Are there still 'yuppies'?

Congrats on the new job.......

MJZiggy
06-15-2009, 09:00 PM

I've been living in northern Virginia all my life (manassas). But I just moved to Mclean in February (yeah im one of those people). Where you live at?

I live up the red line. But I party at Dupont and Georgetown (more Dupont) whenever possible.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-15-2009, 09:05 PM

I live up the red line. But I party at Dupont and Georgetown (more Dupont) whenever possible.

Ka Ching!!!

sheepshead
06-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Congratulations young man. May this be the first of many positive steps forward.

Patler
06-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Just waiting for my background check to clear through.

Gosh, I hope you didn't admit to posting on here!! :lol:

MJZiggy
06-16-2009, 06:03 PM

Ka Ching!!!Give it up. There's precious little time for partying these days--but if you can make it, arclite's buying...

Tyrone Bigguns
06-16-2009, 06:50 PM

Ka Ching!!!Give it up. There's precious little time for partying these days--but if you can make it, arclite's buying...

Slowing tracking you....like the beaver!

How I wish you could see the potential
The potential of you and me
It's like a book elegantly bound
But in a language you can't read just yet

Harlan Huckleby
06-16-2009, 07:09 PM
like the beaver!

me too.

Wish I could speak the language of love like you.

GrnBay007
06-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Congrats arcilite!

A step up and also the added benefit of feeling the satisfaction that you are actually helping people.....win/win situation. :tup:

Mr. T
06-16-2009, 10:10 PM

Yea for some reason I'm in love with a 2007 328i convertible. Driving that around will help me meet some ladies haha.

And to skinbasket, no its not, I'll be working on a project to help military units/veterans when they get back from deployment to figure out which benefits they can utilize or help them enroll into schools, etc. I'll also be working with their spouses while they are away on deployment to help them out. I think i'll be doing something good for society for once.

Sounds like an awesome job! Congrats.

HowardRoark
06-16-2009, 10:12 PM
I'll also be working with their spouses while they are away on deployment to help them out.

I didn't realize we did this...any other openings?