PDA

View Full Version : Joe Buck Lobs Fat Softballs

Fritz
06-15-2009, 08:34 PM
No question about whether he's coming back to the Vikes because he wants revenge...THE question, I think.

Buck merely asked if Minny was the only team, and if so, why, and Favre's response was basically that "I've run that offense and they've got a lot of talent."

Okay, though. Okay.

And no questions about why Bus Cook asked the Jets for a release right when Favre announced his retirement (again). Favre basically said he - at the time of Retirement II - just didn't want surgery, period. Wasn't up for it. And that's fine. But then . . . why did Cook ask for the release right when he retired?

Uh, Joe? Could you have maybe asked that one?

It was interesting to hear Favre say that he's talked to the Vikes, that if his shoulder heals he will play for them, and that they've had a trainer down there...

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Why are you shocked? It went just as I predicted. Buck doesn't have the balls to ask real questions to Favre, a guy who ass he has kissed almost his entire broadcast career.

RashanGary
06-15-2009, 08:49 PM
It's going to be an interesting season. I'd love for the Packers to crush him and the Vikings.

As far as soft balls, of course. Brett just wouldn't have showed up unless the questions and direction was agreed upon before arrival.

Fritz
06-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Probably true, JH. Favre did make reference - and I think Buck did, too - to them speaking backstage.

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Probably true, JH. Favre did make reference - and I think Buck did, too - to them speaking backstage.Even so, do you honestly believe that if Buck was allowed to ask anything he wanted he would have had the balls to do so? I don't.

Scott Campbell
06-15-2009, 08:59 PM
As far as soft balls, of course. Brett just wouldn't have showed up unless the questions and direction was agreed upon before arrival.

Ding, ding, ding. We have our winner.

Fritz
06-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Probably true, JH. Favre did make reference - and I think Buck did, too - to them speaking backstage.Even so, do you honestly believe that if Buck was allowed to ask anything he wanted he would have had the balls to do so? I don't.

I have not been keeping a close eye on Joe Buck's sack and what it does or does not contain. I just know his dad was a good announcer.

falco
06-15-2009, 09:02 PM
the fact that favre is taking advice from chad johnson tells me a lot also

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 09:03 PM

I have not been keeping a close eye on Joe Buck's sack and what it does or does not contain. I just know his dad was a good announcer.LEt me put it this way then, Can you honestly expect someone who has kissed Favre's ass a a broadcaster to ask tough questions as an interviewer?

Fritz
06-15-2009, 09:03 PM
No.

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 09:05 PM
No.Exactly. Bob Costas should have done the interview.

falco
06-15-2009, 09:08 PM

that would ruin the point of calling it the joe buck show, wouldn't it?

Fritz
06-15-2009, 09:12 PM

that would ruin the point of calling it the joe buck show, wouldn't it?

Well, you could call it "The Joe Buck Show Featuring Bob Costas."

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 09:14 PM

that would ruin the point of calling it the joe buck show, wouldn't it?I realize that. But everyone knew the interview would be a farce to begin with. Joe Buck just proved to the world he has no testicles.

pbmax
06-15-2009, 09:24 PM
the fact that favre is taking advice from chad johnson tells me a lot also
I missed this, or I miss the reference. Can you explain?

rbaloha1
06-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Depends on the injury. At least the decision appears to be based on health over emotion.

KYPack
06-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Hold on Lads.

Brett wasn't taking "advice" from Chad. In backstage conversation, they came up with the long known fact that some people will like you no matter what, some people won't like you no matter what, and (to quote Brett) some people don't give a shit. It was nice to hear the HBO language.

Brett's other point seemed legit, but shaky. Chilly wanted him at camp for OTA's. Brett wants to find out if the surgery took & his arm is strong. Yeah...OK Brett. But that gets you out of camp again, Bro. Remember how the Jet's said that was a sore point with the guys? Injured players still have to take those boring ass meetings. There's a lot of jealousy towards a player that gets out of shit. That could be a problem down the road.

The highlight of the whole show wasn't Favre, Chad, Michael Irvin or any jocks. Buck also had two comics and a weak ass actor friend of his named Michael Rudd. One of the other comics was Artie Lange, the fat comic from The Howard Stern show. Rudd was commenting that he liked to look at the net and see the dirt on athletes. Rudd said his favorite web site was The Smoking gun. (I was thinking WTF?). Lange says, "TMZ is your favorite site, what's second, sucking cock.com"? Lange then threw out some more "F" bombs, also, making fun of HBO and Buck as a host. He threw down and it was pretty funny. Buck seemed embarrassed and pissed, but Lange forge ahead. It was a Nutz style rant and I loved it. buck was pretty rattled and it was good to see him shook up.

cpk1994
06-15-2009, 09:31 PM

I have not been keeping a close eye on Joe Buck's sack and what it does or does not contain. I just know his dad was a good announcer.However you did keep an eye on "Kurt Schottenhiemer's Unit" once.

KYPack
06-15-2009, 10:13 PM
PFT posted this semi-transcript of the Favre-buck interview...

Quote on

Brett Favre made it clear that he’s very serious about potentially playing football again.

That is, provided his surgically repaired shoulder cooperates and the Minnesota Vikings work out a contract with the former NFL Most Valuable Player.

When asked if he plans to play football again, Favre was noncommittal, though. He answered Buck’s question with one word: “Maybe.”

When asked later about the prospects of playing for the Vikings, Favre replied: “I am considering it.”

Dressed casually in a black T-shirt and jeans, Favre appeared relaxed. Yet, Favre acknowledged that it has been a roller coaster ride over the past few years as he has straddled the line between retirement and continuing to play the game.

“It is,” Favre said “I know people are tired of it. As we talked prior to the show, my intentions are not to create controversy.

“It is what it is. I haven’t watched anything. I did see satellite trucks outside our gate. I was sneaking outside our back gate. I don’t know. It’s crazy. I try not to pay attention.”

Favre acknowledged having surgery last month. He had his partially torn biceps tendon repaired and said it will be a few more weeks before he can really test out his right arm with a total recovery time of four to six weeks.

“About 2 1/2 weeks ago, I had surgery with Dr. James Andrews,” Favre said. “More or less, I can throw and I could throw before the surgery, but I couldn’t throw late in the year last season. Certain throws hurt. I had pain in my neck and down my arm. When I left the first time, I knew I needed surgery and I didn’t want to have it.

“If it feels better, I’m rehabbing. I have talked to the Vikings, but nothing more than, ‘Are you interested?’ and vice versa. I’ve had the procedure, which they know. It’s more or less how my arm feels and we’ll go from there.”

Favre confirmed that a Vikings trainer visited him in Mississippi on Sunday. He pointed out that no Vikings coach visited him, which had been previously reported last week by ESPN.com.

“I met with their trainer yesterday,” Favre said. “All it was about was going through some exercises, some stretching, band work.”

Favre said that he’s only talking with the Vikings.

“That’s all I’ve talked to, yeah,” Favre said. “It makes perfect sense as far as coming back to an offense I’ve run for 16 years. I could teach the offense. It was tough going to New York last year. I was two weeks late, totally new offense. [Jets offensive coordinator] Brian Schottenheimer and [former Jets coach] Eric Mangini were great with me. We condensed it, but it was like learning a foreign language.”

Favre considers the Vikings to be a contender with star running back Adrian Peterson operating as the centerpiece of the offense.

“It makes a lot of sense,” Favre said. “The pieces are in place. They have a great running back. They have a great running game. If I go there, there are no guarantees.

“I would like to think that every player would think they’re a difference-maker. I think in that situation, understanding what is expected of you, knowing your team, knowing that as long as we can run the ball and complete the ball when needed, we should be pretty good.”

Notice Favre said, ‘we,’ in referring to the Vikings.

Buck asked what would it take for him to end his retirement and suit up again.

Favre’s reply: “First and foremost, you can’t go past the arm. If that’s not up to par, when the time comes, then I can’t play. I went through it last year, and yeah, I gutted it out, or whatever. But it affected me, and it affected our team, and I don’t want to do it again, and I won’t do it again.

“That is why I went ahead and had the surgery. I had the procedure done and as I rehab and if it ever gets to the point where it feels like it did before it started hurting, then we’ll see where it is.”

Favre said there was never a deadline imposed by Vikings coach Brad Childress for him to show up for an Organized Team Activity.

“No,” Favre said. “It’s not like I talk to those guys every day. Coach Childress did ask if I would go to OTA’s and I chose not to. You can pick sides on this. I think both sides are right. He wanted me to be there to be a part of the team knowing there’s no guarantee that my arm will be like it was before.

“I figured it would be a media frenzy if I was there and a media frenzy if I couldn’t play later on. Why not just have one media frenzy? It’s either all or nothing with me.”

When it comes to the criticism from former Vikings quarterback Fran Tarkenton and the question of whether he’s tarnishing his legacy, Favre didn’t seem to let it bother him.

“I think the 16 years I spent in Green Bay speaks for itself,” Favre said. “This whole process, I was talking to Chad [Ochocinco] backstage and there are people in your corner no matter what and people who aren’t going to like you, no matter what. You know what?

“There are those that we get letters from all the time, nice e-mails from such and such, but my wife never shows me the bad ones. There are people who don’t give a damn. I totally understand that. It is what it is. Whether it’s right or wrong, who’s to say? I’m trying my best not to fuel the fire even though I am.”

Favre said he got some advice from retired broadcaster and NFL coach John Madden.

“When you’re gone and you’re away from this game, you just can’t go back,” Favre said. “I’m 40 years old in October. I’m not getting any younger. Things you think about at 39, you think about at 25. I get the same response from my family when I asked them what I should do: ‘Whatever you want to do, dad.’”

Many Packers fans are angry that Favre would even consider wearing the Vikings’ purple.

“I don’t know what to tell them,” Favre said. “Vince Lombardi went to the Washington Redskins. I don’t hear people saying, ‘That damn traitor, he went to Washington.’

“Time heals a lot of things. Did some things happen there that may have ruffled the feathers for both sides? Yes. They chose to go in a different direction and that’s okay. I chose to play again and that’s okay. It’s football. It’s not life or death.”

Favre wasn’t asked specifically if he’s returning to play again to get revenge on Packers General Manager Ted Thompson.

Favre’s final answer dealt with being a celebrity in the sports world.

“As I got older, I cared less about what’s going on besides football,” Favre said. “I would go hunting, come back, go to the stadium. That was it. Twelve years ago when I quit drinking, I stopped going out to bars and doing things like that.

“I wouldn’t trade these 12 years for nothing. I’m at peace. I don’t want people to say, ‘There’s such and such.’ It doesn’t turn me on the way it once did. People are going to take sides and say, ‘He’s full of crap.’ I can’t change that.”

The show was billed as a discussion of athletes and celebrity.

Prior to Favre’s appearance, there was a lengthy segment of Favre highlights and interviews with the Packers before retiring for the first time followed by Favre ending his retirement and being traded to the Jets before retiring once again.

Then, the latest Favre watch was detailed, including shots of Scott Hanson of NFL Network reporting from outside Favre’s Mississippi home.

After a camera shot of Favre getting some powder applied to his face backstage from a makeup girl, Favre and Buck went through an attempted comedy bit where Favre promised Buck that he would be the first guest in the history of the program.

Quote off

Surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago. Recovery is 4-6 weeks, then some rehab, it'll be close if he gives it a try. Rehab doesn't yield game strength, we've all seen Brett's arm get weaker every year at season's end. I hope to hell he doesn't embarrass himself.

oregonpackfan
06-16-2009, 03:24 AM
One sexist thought many of us guys have had is that women are notorious for not being able to make up their minds! :)

The hardest part of taking my wife to a restaurant is having her take an incredible time in deciding what to order.

IMO, Favre is worse than any stereotype of any woman who cannot make up her mind! :)

cpk1994
06-16-2009, 05:23 AM
PFT posted this semi-transcript of the Favre-buck interview...

Quote on

Brett Favre made it clear that he’s very serious about potentially playing football again.

That is, provided his surgically repaired shoulder cooperates and the Minnesota Vikings work out a contract with the former NFL Most Valuable Player.

When asked if he plans to play football again, Favre was noncommittal, though. He answered Buck’s question with one word: “Maybe.”

When asked later about the prospects of playing for the Vikings, Favre replied: “I am considering it.”

Dressed casually in a black T-shirt and jeans, Favre appeared relaxed. Yet, Favre acknowledged that it has been a roller coaster ride over the past few years as he has straddled the line between retirement and continuing to play the game.

“It is,” Favre said “I know people are tired of it. As we talked prior to the show, my intentions are not to create controversy.

“It is what it is. I haven’t watched anything. I did see satellite trucks outside our gate. I was sneaking outside our back gate. I don’t know. It’s crazy. I try not to pay attention.”

Favre acknowledged having surgery last month. He had his partially torn biceps tendon repaired and said it will be a few more weeks before he can really test out his right arm with a total recovery time of four to six weeks.

“About 2 1/2 weeks ago, I had surgery with Dr. James Andrews,” Favre said. “More or less, I can throw and I could throw before the surgery, but I couldn’t throw late in the year last season. Certain throws hurt. I had pain in my neck and down my arm. When I left the first time, I knew I needed surgery and I didn’t want to have it.

“If it feels better, I’m rehabbing. I have talked to the Vikings, but nothing more than, ‘Are you interested?’ and vice versa. I’ve had the procedure, which they know. It’s more or less how my arm feels and we’ll go from there.”

Favre confirmed that a Vikings trainer visited him in Mississippi on Sunday. He pointed out that no Vikings coach visited him, which had been previously reported last week by ESPN.com.

“I met with their trainer yesterday,” Favre said. “All it was about was going through some exercises, some stretching, band work.”

Favre said that he’s only talking with the Vikings.

“That’s all I’ve talked to, yeah,” Favre said. “It makes perfect sense as far as coming back to an offense I’ve run for 16 years. I could teach the offense. It was tough going to New York last year. I was two weeks late, totally new offense. [Jets offensive coordinator] Brian Schottenheimer and [former Jets coach] Eric Mangini were great with me. We condensed it, but it was like learning a foreign language.”

Favre considers the Vikings to be a contender with star running back Adrian Peterson operating as the centerpiece of the offense.

“It makes a lot of sense,” Favre said. “The pieces are in place. They have a great running back. They have a great running game. If I go there, there are no guarantees.

“I would like to think that every player would think they’re a difference-maker. I think in that situation, understanding what is expected of you, knowing your team, knowing that as long as we can run the ball and complete the ball when needed, we should be pretty good.”

Notice Favre said, ‘we,’ in referring to the Vikings.

Buck asked what would it take for him to end his retirement and suit up again.

Favre’s reply: “First and foremost, you can’t go past the arm. If that’s not up to par, when the time comes, then I can’t play. I went through it last year, and yeah, I gutted it out, or whatever. But it affected me, and it affected our team, and I don’t want to do it again, and I won’t do it again.

“That is why I went ahead and had the surgery. I had the procedure done and as I rehab and if it ever gets to the point where it feels like it did before it started hurting, then we’ll see where it is.”

Favre said there was never a deadline imposed by Vikings coach Brad Childress for him to show up for an Organized Team Activity.

“No,” Favre said. “It’s not like I talk to those guys every day. Coach Childress did ask if I would go to OTA’s and I chose not to. You can pick sides on this. I think both sides are right. He wanted me to be there to be a part of the team knowing there’s no guarantee that my arm will be like it was before.

“I figured it would be a media frenzy if I was there and a media frenzy if I couldn’t play later on. Why not just have one media frenzy? It’s either all or nothing with me.”

When it comes to the criticism from former Vikings quarterback Fran Tarkenton and the question of whether he’s tarnishing his legacy, Favre didn’t seem to let it bother him.

“I think the 16 years I spent in Green Bay speaks for itself,” Favre said. “This whole process, I was talking to Chad [Ochocinco] backstage and there are people in your corner no matter what and people who aren’t going to like you, no matter what. You know what?

“There are those that we get letters from all the time, nice e-mails from such and such, but my wife never shows me the bad ones. There are people who don’t give a damn. I totally understand that. It is what it is. Whether it’s right or wrong, who’s to say? I’m trying my best not to fuel the fire even though I am.”

Favre said he got some advice from retired broadcaster and NFL coach John Madden.

“When you’re gone and you’re away from this game, you just can’t go back,” Favre said. “I’m 40 years old in October. I’m not getting any younger. Things you think about at 39, you think about at 25. I get the same response from my family when I asked them what I should do: ‘Whatever you want to do, dad.’”

Many Packers fans are angry that Favre would even consider wearing the Vikings’ purple.

“I don’t know what to tell them,” Favre said. “Vince Lombardi went to the Washington Redskins. I don’t hear people saying, ‘That damn traitor, he went to Washington.’

“Time heals a lot of things. Did some things happen there that may have ruffled the feathers for both sides? Yes. They chose to go in a different direction and that’s okay. I chose to play again and that’s okay. It’s football. It’s not life or death.”

Favre wasn’t asked specifically if he’s returning to play again to get revenge on Packers General Manager Ted Thompson.

Favre’s final answer dealt with being a celebrity in the sports world.

“As I got older, I cared less about what’s going on besides football,” Favre said. “I would go hunting, come back, go to the stadium. That was it. Twelve years ago when I quit drinking, I stopped going out to bars and doing things like that.

“I wouldn’t trade these 12 years for nothing. I’m at peace. I don’t want people to say, ‘There’s such and such.’ It doesn’t turn me on the way it once did. People are going to take sides and say, ‘He’s full of crap.’ I can’t change that.”

The show was billed as a discussion of athletes and celebrity.

Prior to Favre’s appearance, there was a lengthy segment of Favre highlights and interviews with the Packers before retiring for the first time followed by Favre ending his retirement and being traded to the Jets before retiring once again.

Then, the latest Favre watch was detailed, including shots of Scott Hanson of NFL Network reporting from outside Favre’s Mississippi home.

After a camera shot of Favre getting some powder applied to his face backstage from a makeup girl, Favre and Buck went through an attempted comedy bit where Favre promised Buck that he would be the first guest in the history of the program.

Quote off

Surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago. Recovery is 4-6 weeks, then some rehab, it'll be close if he gives it a try. Rehab doesn't yield game strength, we've all seen Brett's arm get weaker every year at season's end. I hope to hell he doesn't embarrass himself.

I think can fertilize my lawn with all the bullshit Favre let loose.

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 06:48 AM
GREAT quote on joe Buck:

"Its football. Its not life or death"

boom....

KYPack
06-16-2009, 07:00 AM
For those interested, here's part 1 of the BF interview on Joe Buck last night.

(No, I dunno where part II is)

EDIT:

You can relax, guess nobody cared anyhow. HBO took these down around 11AM EST. Check my post below if yer interested in the Artie Lange disaster. Deadspin did a blurb on HBO's aftershow. It's a riot, but very sick and strange. I'd say Joe Buck Live might just be a one shot deal after this debacle with Lange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZDlJ36erIM

Check out comic Artie Lange. he stole the show in an immature grossout festival, nothin' that will shock any member of PR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4t9u4VsJUc

Cleft Crusty
06-16-2009, 07:31 AM
"Whether it’s right or wrong, who’s to say? "

"I think both sides are right."

It is getting tiresome to listen to Favre. It is getting tiresome having to cover Favre. My semi-retirement was supposed to be peaceful and meaningful. With my arthritis acting up, it is tiresome to even write "Favre." Dreadful. My Harley misses me. Somewhere there is an historic high school stadium, falling into disrepair, that wants me to wander it's hallowed bleachers and steep in it's uncluttered nostalgia.

ThunderDan
06-16-2009, 09:55 AM

I disagree. I think Favre handled himself well last night. He didn't spew any bullshit. Joe Buck never asked him a question that would lead to BF having to admit to anything.

When BF answered about last summer with "ruffled feathers", there were probably 20 follow-up questions I would have loved to hear.

Joemailman
06-16-2009, 10:05 AM

This seems like a knee-jerk reaction on your part. Whay exactly did he say that you take exception to? I thought the interview was kind of boring, given the non-intrusive nature of Buck's questions. I just didn't read anything to really take exception to.

Fritz
06-16-2009, 11:14 AM

I have not been keeping a close eye on Joe Buck's sack and what it does or does not contain. I just know his dad was a good announcer.However you did keep an eye on "Kurt Schottenhiemer's Unit" once.

Yes, but I'm a monogamous unit-watcher. If I'm keeping an eye on Kurt's unit, I'm not the kind of guy who'll walk down the street and just look at any old guy's unit...

KYPack
06-16-2009, 11:25 AM
My post above is defunct.

HBO took down the Favre video and the already legendary follow-up w/ Artie lange.

Watch lange in the HBO.com stuff posted by Deadspin.

It's funny, but even tougher to watch than the HBO on air stuff:

http://deadspin.com/5292467/watch-artie-lange-crap-all-over-joe-bucks-first-show?autoplay=true?skyline=true&s=i

Scott Campbell
06-16-2009, 11:32 AM
My post above is defunct.

HBO took down the Favre video and the already legendary follow-up w/ Artie lange.

Watch lange in the HBO.com stuff posted by Deadspin.

It's funny, but even tougher to watch than the HBO on air stuff:

http://deadspin.com/5292467/watch-artie-lange-crap-all-over-joe-bucks-first-show?autoplay=true?skyline=true&s=i

I wouldn't count on Artie being invited back by Joe.

Fritz
06-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Didn't he know what he was getting?

Scott Campbell
06-16-2009, 11:43 AM

I've enjoyed Lange's brand of comedy many times before.

But this was different. He seemed to go out of his way to show Joe up. And the way he did it wasn't particularly witty or funny. And he left Jason Sedakis at a loss for words. It was a segment killing performance.

Freak Out
06-16-2009, 11:52 AM

But this was different. He seemed to go out of his way to show Joe up. And the way he did it wasn't particularly witty or funny. And he left Jason Sedakis at a loss for words. It was a segment killing performance.

Young Joe looked like he handled himself pretty well considering what was going on. I find Lange funny but only in small doses......probably like Buck does. :)

KYPack
06-16-2009, 11:57 AM

Joe was a rookie. Letterman or an experienced hand at that job would have cut Lange off at the knees.

I was pretty pissed at the other two knobs who were guests.

Hey Jason Sedakis, you ain't got a career. Ya want one? Grow a pair and tear into Lange. You wudda saved your buddy and newspapers and the net would be buzzing about you!. He wouldn't have to cuss or anything, just show some honest anger and cut him off verbally.

Now all the articles are about Joe being a boob and Lange ruining the show. You only get one chance to make a name for yourself and those two goofs blew it.

Pacopete4
06-16-2009, 12:02 PM

Joe was a rookie. Letterman or an experienced hand at that job would have cut Lange off at the knees.

Hey Jason Sedakis, you ain't got a career. Ya want one? Grow a pair and tear into Lange. You wudda saved your buddy and newspapers and the net would be buzzing about you!. He wouldn't have to cuss or anything, just show some honest anger and cut him off verbally.

Now all the articles are about Joe being a boob and Lange ruining the show. You only get one chance to make a name for yourself and those two goofs blew it.

If you are talking about Paul Rudd not having a name.. I don't know what rock you've been living under for the past few years but he's been in just about every hit comedy for the past 3-4 years... I think hes doing quite well for a living too.....

Zool
06-16-2009, 12:12 PM

Young Joe looked like he handled himself pretty well considering what was going on. I find Lange funny but only in small doses......probably like Buck does. :)

I thought Buck did very bad in handling some fire coming his way. He got defensive. I for one was happy they kept bringing up his dad.

Freak Out
06-16-2009, 12:26 PM

I thought Buck did very bad in handling some fire coming his way. He got defensive. I for one was happy they kept bringing up his dad.

I have to admit I only watched the first third of the "after show" video...it got worse? :lol:

Chevelle2
06-16-2009, 12:28 PM
So either

1) He truly doesnt understand why packer fans would be pissed, because he feels he is above everyone else

2) He truly doesn't understand why packer fans would be pissed, because he is actually stupid

3) He straight up, doesnt care about anyone else but himself.

Which is it?

hoosier
06-16-2009, 12:34 PM
are 1, 2 and 3 mutually exclusive options? :lol:

KYPack
06-16-2009, 12:43 PM

If you are talking about Paul Rudd not having a name.. I don't know what rock you've been living under for the past few years but he's been in just about every hit comedy for the past 3-4 years... I think hes doing quite well for a living too.....

Well Paco, you ain't no better at reading these posts than you are the ones about football. I know Rudd is some kinds half assed movie actor (although I called him "Michael" Rudd in my post at the start of this thread).

The rock I'm under is I rarely watch those wimpy ass movie comedies anymore, unless my neighbor that runs a Blockbuster tell me there is a good one and gives it to me to watch. My problem with Rudd is he is Joe Buck's BUDDY. He should have hollered at Lange and told him to shut the fuck up. Rudd went to high school with Buck. That means you stand up for you partner.

Jason Sedakis is who I meant that could've made a name for himself. Now HE is an unfamous stand-up and noodnick on SNL. if he would've got up and thrown down on Lange, he'd be famous all over America. Plus, he's a comic, it's his gig to go after an asshole ( a funny asshole) like Lange. he didn't because he is a pussy.

NOW THEN, a few items for you to work on.

1.When you see a post of mine, read the goddamned thing before you criticize it.

2. Don't criticize it. Your reply would just be more of your usual stupid shit anyway.

3. Fuck you, Motherfucker

We clear, bitch boy?

Pacopete4
06-16-2009, 12:48 PM

Well Paco, you ain't no better at reading these posts than you are the ones about football. I know Rudd is some kinds half assed movie actor (although I called him "Michael" Rudd in my post at the start of this thread).

The rock I'm under is I rarely watch those wimpy ass movie comedies anymore, unless my neighbor that runs a Blockbuster tell me there is a good one and gives it to me to watch. My problem with Rudd is he is Joe Buck's BUDDY. He should have hollered at Lange and told him to shut the fuck up. Rudd went to high school with Buck. That means you stand up for you partner.

Jason Sedakis is who I meant that could've made a name for himself. Now HE is an unfamous stand-up and noodnick on SNL. if he would've got up and thrown down on Lange, he'd be famous all over America. Plus, he's a comic, it's his gig to go after an asshole ( a funny asshole) like Lange. he didn't because he is a pussy.

NOW THEN, a few items for you to work on.

1.When you see a post of mine, read the goddamned thing before you criticize it.

2. Don't criticize it. Your reply would just be more of your usual stupid shit anyway.

3. Fuck you, Motherfucker

We clear, bitch boy?

oh go suck a fat cock you motherfuckin piece of trash...

you said Paul Rudd coulda made a name for himself... he has a name for himself... so eat shit, eat my shit...

we clear?... have a nice day

Zool
06-16-2009, 12:50 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/f/e/2/fe2b20dca3516f96e64c144fc578bb45.gif

KYPack
06-16-2009, 12:53 PM
No, I didn't say that. You can't read is one huge problem.

Don't get all pissy just 'cuase you got a big poster of Paul Rudd on the ceiling of your bedroom.

KYPack
06-16-2009, 12:54 PM

I have to admit I only watched the first third of the "after show" video...it got worse? :lol:

Yeah, check the link in my second post. It got Yewgly

Pacopete4
06-16-2009, 12:56 PM

Don't get all pissy just 'cuase you got a big poster of Paul Rudd on the ceiling of your bedroom.

you fuckin attacked me bud... i will not put up with your shit, not anyones on here... a simple, hey thats not what I said coulda worked a lot better than ur fucking gay as aid rant towards me

sheepshead
06-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Girls!

Behave!

Zool
06-16-2009, 12:58 PM
http://www.maniacworld.com/Leave-Sarah-Palin-Alone.jpg

Scott Campbell
06-16-2009, 12:58 PM

Won't Brett be jealous?

Freak Out
06-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Look what lord Favre went and done....DAYUM!

Bossman641
06-16-2009, 01:06 PM

Favre and Paul Rudd on one ceiling?

Dreamy

Gunakor
06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Oh my gosh KY. Of all the people I'd expect to go off on Paco and smack him with the bitch-boy label, you are one of the last on that list. Hell, for all he and I have argued, even I haven't gone that far.

Bad day?

Fritz
06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Moving right along, here's a link to an article that seems to me to state what's increasingly obvious, though it's strongly worded:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20090616/Kriegel.061609/

Ahyup. Favre has meant to come back - for Minnesota - for a little while now, it would seem. Or, perhaps more accurately, he wanted to be able to come back and play for Minnesota. He wanted the option. You know, just in case. Thus, Bus Cook sniffing around right after Favre's Retirement II, asking the Jets about that little release form thingy. Just a formality, guys, but you know, no skin off yer nose, so what the heck?

I'd love a little betting pool on whether he comes back next year. I'd throw a few bucks in such a pot, if there's one out in Vegas.

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 01:27 PM
cant believe thers so many threads about a non-packer

what gives??

Gunakor
06-16-2009, 01:41 PM

what gives??

Vick da Great?

hoosier
06-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Moving right along, here's a link to an article that seems to me to state what's increasingly obvious, though it's strongly worded:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20090616/Kriegel.061609/

Ahyup. Favre has meant to come back - for Minnesota - for a little while now, it would seem. Or, perhaps more accurately, he wanted to be able to come back and play for Minnesota. He wanted the option. You know, just in case. Thus, Bus Cook sniffing around right after Favre's Retirement II, asking the Jets about that little release form thingy. Just a formality, guys, but you know, no skin off yer nose, so what the heck?

I'd love a little betting pool on whether he comes back next year. I'd throw a few bucks in such a pot, if there's one out in Vegas.

In the article you refer to Kriegel writes:

Bottom line, after a season of scheming, Favre has finally found a way to get to the Vikings — the last place the Packers (who had ample justification) wanted him to be. Now Favre complains of reporters and talk show hosts who seek to "create controversy."

Nonsense. This controversy is a creature of his own creation.

I think he's reading Favre's words way too literally. Favre isn't really complaining about the media controversy, he's relishing in it. And not because he's a prima donna, but because he can use the media frenzy as a bargaining chip with and against the Vikings management. The Buck interview, IMO, was a ploy to force the Vikings to pay him market value instead of an incentive laced contract. Now everyone knows Favre is willing and presumably able, and if the Vikings don't sign him there will be hell to pay with their fans.

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 01:58 PM

what gives??

Vick da Great?

lol....., thats funny gun

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 01:59 PM

what gives??

Vick da Great?

ooops

Gunakor
06-16-2009, 02:13 PM

what gives??

Vick da Great?

No, it's really not. Witty perhaps. I was merely pointing out the irony of your post, and was thrilled when I realized I could do so without invoking the new F word.

Pack-man
06-16-2009, 02:15 PM
No question about whether he's coming back to the Vikes because he wants revenge...THE question, I think.

Buck merely asked if Minny was the only team, and if so, why, and Favre's response was basically that "I've run that offense and they've got a lot of talent."

Okay, though. Okay.

And no questions about why Bus Cook asked the Jets for a release right when Favre announced his retirement (again). Favre basically said he - at the time of Retirement II - just didn't want surgery, period. Wasn't up for it. And that's fine. But then . . . why did Cook ask for the release right when he retired?
Uh, Joe? Could you have maybe asked that one?

It was interesting to hear Favre say that he's talked to the Vikes, that if his shoulder heals he will play for them, and that they've had a trainer down there...

Sanchez saving Jets from Favre's foolishness
June 16, 2009
You're probably tired of Brett Favre and his annual retirement/unretirement soap opera. Heck, even Brett Favre knows you're tired of it, as he explained last night as a studio guest on HBO's "Joe Buck Live." But imagine this: If the Jets weren't able to draft Mark Sanchez, they'd be in the thick of a Favre mess that probably would've raged into training camp.

Without Sanchez, there's no way they would've released Favre from the reserve/retired list. He and GM Mike Tannenbaum have a very good relationship, but it would've been tested because Favre would've begged/demanded his release to clear a path to the Vikings. Playing the what-if game, I'm sure Tannenbaum, acting in the best interests of the Jets, would've refused. One thing would've led to another and ...

Let's just be thankful it didn't go there.

After watching Favre on the Buck show, I'm convinced more than ever that he will play for the Vikings and that his intention was always to play in 2009. As I wrote in February, he didn't retire from football, he retired from the Jets. It was a two-year plan, using the Jets to eventually get to the Vikings, just so he could stick it to the Packers - a two-year revenge plot. It's like Roger Clemens going from the Red Sox to the Blue Jays, knowing his end game was the Yankees.

Ditto, Favre, a Hall-of-Fame phony. He's not a gunslinger; he's a BS slinger

Scott Campbell
06-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Interesting. What's the source?

Gunakor
06-16-2009, 02:22 PM
I thought Favre announced his retirement before the draft, and the Jets were ready to move ahead with Kellen Clemons if they weren't able to draft Sanchez?

Pack-man
06-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Interesting. What's the source?

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/06/sanchez-pick-saves-jets-from-f.html

Pacopete4
06-16-2009, 02:40 PM
I thought Favre announced his retirement before the draft, and the Jets were ready to move ahead with Kellen Clemons if they weren't able to draft Sanchez?

this is true as well.. but people are going to create conspiracy theories to Brett but all I know is..

Brett wants to play for the Vikings for the revenge factor and because its the closest thing he'll get to normality. He knows the offense, the coaches, and some of the players. He is also familiar with the midwest and he got rather comfy playing in that dome.

People can take whatever they want out of it and write a story.. but it comes down to a lot of factors.. not just one in particular

Chevelle2
06-16-2009, 02:47 PM

this is true as well.. but people are going to create conspiracy theories to Brett

You idiot.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/101192-sources-favre-had-to-ask-jets-for-release-twice

First, following the draft, Favre asked the Jets for his unconditional release for a "second time," I'm told. If you remember, when he retired last February, Favre and his agent, Bus Cook, denied they had asked the Jets for his official release. But now with Mark Sanchez in the fold, Favre figured he could force the Jets' hand and gain his release.

He didn't care about the Jets. They didn't have Sanchez in the fold the first time he asked.

Pacopete4
06-16-2009, 02:53 PM

this is true as well.. but people are going to create conspiracy theories to Brett

You idiot.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/101192-sources-favre-had-to-ask-jets-for-release-twice

First, following the draft, Favre asked the Jets for his unconditional release for a "second time," I'm told. If you remember, when he retired last February, Favre and his agent, Bus Cook, denied they had asked the Jets for his official release. But now with Mark Sanchez in the fold, Favre figured he could force the Jets' hand and gain his release.

He didn't care about the Jets. They didn't have Sanchez in the fold the first time he asked.

you idiot... wouldnt be the first time some "source" was wrong or made up now would it? ... against goes back to my conspiracty theory statement..

Bossman641
06-16-2009, 02:55 PM

this is true as well.. but people are going to create conspiracy theories to Brett but all I know is..

Brett wants to play for the Vikings for the revenge factor and because its the closest thing he'll get to normality. He knows the offense, the coaches, and some of the players. He is also familiar with the midwest and he got rather comfy playing in that dome.

People can take whatever they want out of it and write a story.. but it comes down to a lot of factors.. not just one in particular

Favre retired before the draft and asked for his release then.

Once the Jets drafted Sanchez they released Favre after it was requested a second time.

Makes you wonder what the Jets would have done if they had not been able to get Sanchez. If you believe the "he just wants to play football" Favre fans you would think he would have gotten the itch to play again and the Jets would be dealing with all this mess. Personally I think he would have stayed retired.

Zool
06-16-2009, 03:21 PM
The Jets had no money to keep Favre. If he wanted back in they would be forced to release him or 4-5 other guys to get under the cap.

Fritz
06-16-2009, 03:29 PM
PP, I think the question here is not why Favre wants to come back - the current discussion is more about whether he knew, back when he retired (again), that he in fact merely wanted to play for the Vikings and not retire, as he said he was doing.

Me, I hope he thinks his arm is fine and he plays. My opinion is that he's going to decide it's fine. He's already thinking "we" in terms of the Vikings - in his head, he's already back, or will be - when he has to actually attend something.

I hope he plays because this is theater. This is not Greek tragedy (it sure as heck doesn't take place in a 24 hour period!), but it has many of the elements of tragedy. Hubris, self-deception - and, if it plays out, defeat, and recognition that he has caused his own downfall.

The chorus will be the packed stands of Lambeau Field on November 1st.

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 03:30 PM

what gives??

Vick da Great?

No, it's really not. Witty perhaps. I was merely pointing out the irony of your post, and was thrilled when I realized I could do so without invoking the new F word.

im confused; is "the new f word" a back reference?

pack will be 10-6 by the way, wildcard

Tyrone Bigguns
06-16-2009, 03:35 PM

Intelligent, well thought out post. Congrats.

Yeah, Sudekis is hurting. :roll:

Pacopete4
06-16-2009, 03:38 PM
PP, I think the question here is not why Favre wants to come back - the current discussion is more about whether he knew, back when he retired (again), that he in fact merely wanted to play for the Vikings and not retire, as he said he was doing.

I think that he's always wanted to play for the Vikings when the Packers wouldn't take him back. Do I think that was his motive in retiring this past off season? No, I think his arm was the main factor in that and he didn't really want to play for the Jets again. Once the Jets realized they couldnt afford him and they drafted Sanchez, Favre figured what the hell.. if I can get healthy, I'll play for the Vikings. I do no, however think Favre would have had the surgery to play again for the Jets. Just too many factors for him to come out and play again... but I'm also a person that see's him as going for his best situation as a normal thing in the NFL and if his name wasn't Brett Favre, this wouldn't even be an issue...

Tyrone Bigguns
06-16-2009, 03:44 PM

It isn't Jason's job to tear into lange. Stop blaming others for Joe's inability to control a guest.

And, lange would kill him. Lange has been warring on stern for years, been in movies, and been doing standup for years.

Sudeikis and Rudd hardly need Joe's show for a career. Sudeikis has been on SNL as a writer and peformer for 6 years. Rudd is a comedy superstar.

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 03:55 PM

I think that he's always wanted to play for the Vikings when the Packers wouldn't take him back. Do I think that was his motive in retiring this past off season? No, I think his arm was the main factor in that and he didn't really want to play for the Jets again. Once the Jets realized they couldnt afford him and they drafted Sanchez, Favre figured what the hell.. if I can get healthy, I'll play for the Vikings. I do no, however think Favre would have had the surgery to play again for the Jets. Just too many factors for him to come out and play again... but I'm also a person that see's him as going for his best situation as a normal thing in the NFL and if his name wasn't Brett Favre, this wouldn't even be an issue...

...u know, like if his name was rice, montana, rison (lol), prime time, namath, dillon, lofton, the edge, moss...

kinda makes u love barry sanders

i'll b the first to admit that favre DOES have a selfish bone in his body but name me someone we can b sure doesnt

Gunakor
06-16-2009, 04:02 PM

The new F word ends with an E. And the letters between them are backwards. You yourself have started more than a few threads in his honor, which was the first thing I thought of when I saw your post.

what gives??

To keep from ruffling feathers, I used the Vick example instead of the Favre ones.

bbbffl66
06-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Bottom line:

I think the vast majority of us will be rooting for the green and gold like always, whether Favre plays for Minny or not. The test will come if he is a difference maker and gets the Queens to the Super Bowl. Who would you root for? Favre or Belicheat? Or say and NFC title game between the Queens and the Cowgirls? That is what will be a tough call for people!

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Bottom line:

I think the vast majority of us will be rooting for the green and gold like always, whether Favre plays for Minny or not. The test will come if he is a difference maker and gets the Queens to the Super Bowl. Who would you root for? Favre or Belicheat? Or say and NFC title game between the Queens and the Cowgirls? That is what will be a tough call for people!

good food for thought....cowgirls...yuk!!!

Gunakor
06-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Bottom line:

NFCC between the Queens and the Cowgirls?

I'm changing the channel or going to a movie. Call me in 2 weeks, and I'll be rooting for the AFC.

bbbffl66
06-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Bottom line:

I'm changing the channel or going to a movie. Call me in 2 weeks, and I'll be rooting for the AFC.

Really hard pressed to root for the Pats. Cheaters should NEVER win!

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 04:07 PM

The new F word ends with an E. And the letters between them are backwards. You yourself have started more than a few threads in his honor, which was the first thing I thought of when I saw your post.

what gives??

To keep from ruffling feathers, I used the Vick example instead of the Favre ones.

he he he he he he...

Gunakor
06-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Bottom line:

Really hard pressed to root for the Pats. Cheaters should NEVER win!

Neither should Vikings or Cowboys

MOBB DEEP
06-16-2009, 04:10 PM
ANYBODY but cowgirls or pats...i always pull for nfc tho (eagles, giants, panthers, cards, 'hawks, etc. the last few times)

bbbffl66
06-16-2009, 04:12 PM
I think that's what the difference is. I would never had leaned toward the Queens before, unless they were plaing the Bears, but in this situation, I think I probably would. it would depend on who they would play.

Gunakor
06-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Belicheat only cheated that one time. Well, maybe twice. Okay he cheated a whole bunch of times but still...

The Vikings?

HarveyWallbangers
06-16-2009, 04:18 PM
I'd root for any team to beat the Vikings, with Favre or without him. If I didn't live in Minnesota, the Bears would be #1 and the Vikings #2 on my least favorite list. This isn't college football--where it's okay to root for the other teams in your conference. The last thing I want is for my least favorite team to win the Super Bowl, led by a legendary Packers player set out to stick it to the Packers. On the flip side, it might be fun to watch the Vikings fans get all worked up, only to be let down again. No offense to Rastak. He's a good guy and fun to watch a game with. Maybe if I moved, I would feel a bit different.

Gunakor
06-16-2009, 04:21 PM
This isn't college football--where it's okay to root for the other teams in your conference.

Amen to that.

Pack-man
06-17-2009, 09:38 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9687896/On-the-Mark:-Favre's-just-another-scheming-celeb

Not everyone is buying his crap!

Scott Campbell
06-17-2009, 09:51 AM
It isn't Jason's job to tear into lange. Stop blaming others for Joe's inability to control a guest.

I'd blame whoever was responsible for putting Lang on the show. Buck is a rookie at this, and having to deal with Artie Lang on the inaugural show as a production level mistake that could be seen coming from miles away.

Scott Campbell
06-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Rudd is a comedy superstar.

Dude, Robin Williams is a comedy superstar. Adam Sandler is a comedy superstar.

Paul Rudd is a rising B lister that has a nice little career going thus far.

Fritz
06-17-2009, 11:41 AM

Well, this is where it gets sticky. There are indications that Bus Cook asked for Favre's release before the draft - way before - which suggests that Favre may have had an eye toward possibly playing for the Vikings even when he was retiring from the Jets. This would explain his comment that if it weren't for his arm, he wouldn't necessarily want to retire.

What adds to the mystery is that Favre had the option to have the surgery way back when, right after the season. Why wait? Maybe he really thought he didn't want to have the surgery - he notoriously doesn't like surgeries if he can avoid them. Maybe he used the idea of not wanting surgery as an excuse to get out of a Jets' uniform so he could later get into a purple uniform.

It's hard to say. I myself find it damning that Bus Cook asked for the Jets to release Favre quite early on, after he "retired." It certainly seems Favre wanted to keep his options open.