PDA

View Full Version : Viking takes some real shots at #4

AV David
06-19-2009, 04:31 PM
It looks like #4 may not be universally accepted in the Vikings locker room.

The following was in today's Star Tribune:

" Defensive end Ray Edwards made it clear a few weeks back at a Vikings community event that despite all the speculation of Brett Favre coming to the team, he thought his good friend Tarvaris Jackson should be the Vikings’ starting quarterback in 2009.

Edwards, who isn’t afraid to speak his mind, hasn’t changed his tune today as he appears on ESPN’s many platforms during a visit to Bristol, Conn.

According to our friend Kevin Seifert over at ESPN.com, Edwards had some strong feelings about the fact Favre had his own area in which to dress while playing in Green Bay and with the Jets. “You’ve got to go to war with these guys,” Edwards said on “First Take” on ESPN2. “If you don’t want to share a locker room with [your teammates], that’s kind of b.s.”

Favre did have a locker assigned to him with the Packers and Jets but in both cases he used a separate area to dress. “I wouldn’t like it that much,” Edwards said. “Everybody else has got to share a locker room. What makes you so different?”

Edwards later taped an interview that has been airing on ESPN News throughout the afternoon. Here is the portion that involved questions about Favre.

Q. How would you feel about having Brett Favre as your quarterback?

A. “It would be a great thing to have because he’s a Hall of Fame quarterback. I mean who has been the best quarterback of the past 10 years besides Brett Favre? He’s definitely a Hall of Fame quarterback, put up the numbers and he’ll make things happen for his team. So definitely a great addition to our team.”

Q. I’m curious to whether you’re being politically correct right here because there are a number of stories on the Internet that have you saying that most of the guys on the team do not want him as the team’s QB.

A. “I never said we didn’t want him. We just don’t want him to bring his prima donna attitude to our team. Because I feel that will break a team apart.”

Q. What do you mean by prima donna attitude?

A. “Wanting your own locker room and not signing autographs for your teammates and things like that. That’s kind of prima donna-ish to me.”

Q. So if he does come in with not signing autographs and needs his own locker room how does that play out with you guys?

A. “I don’t think it will divide the team but it will divide us from him. Having his back and things like that. Like I said, you’ve got to trust each other in this game we call football because it’s not an individual sport. So him not having our trust [means] it will definitely be hard for us to trust him.”

Q. How is this playing out with Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels?

A. “They are not really paying attention. I think they are just pretty much battling between each other. Between them who is going to be the starting quarterback this year. Not worrying about the competition that’s not there. That being Brett Favre.”

Q. If the Favre thing doesn’t workout how much confidence does the entire team have in either one of those guys?

A. “I mean Tarvaris took us to the playoffs last year. Why not have confidence in him because he’s proven himself to be able to be that quarterback to take us to the playoffs.”

Q. You have been outspoken in your support of Jackson.

A. “Absolutely. Because he’s a quarterback that can make the plays and make the throws. It has been proven. We won with him last year and we can win with him this year.”

Q. If Brad Childress came to you today and said you get to make the decision who do you want as your QB?

A. “Tarvaris. Hands down. Like I said, he can make the throws, he’s able to escape the pocket if he has to and make plays with his feet.”

KYPack
06-19-2009, 04:52 PM
I was wondering when this shit would start.

Brett CAN'T dress with the boys. He'd like to. Love to. But it can't happen. Logistically, it's impossible. He's got his own locker to keep his shit in and sit by right before the game starts. But he can't hang in the locker room like one of the boys.

But if BF is on your team, he can't hang out in the locker room with the guys. Know why Ray? Because of the players. Rookies will come up with armloads of memorabilia for Brett to sign. You see Ray, this cat is a legend. Not just a ham & egger DE like you, a living legend. The players will bug him and take from the team's time.

It's better for the team if Brett has his spaces, so his celebrity doesn't detract from the team's preparation.

Go ask your partner TJack, Ray. I'm sure he's besieged by autograph hounds all the time.

And Ray, your're as lame as some of these posters on Net Forums.

Freak Out
06-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Some guys are paid to play and some guys are paid to coach....

RashanGary
06-19-2009, 05:06 PM
I've always thought that locker gift from TT was a backhanded slap in the face, as if to tell him that he was never really part of the team anyway.

Scott Campbell
06-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Ham n' egger - awesome!

AV David
06-19-2009, 05:20 PM
"Brett CAN'T dress with the boys. He'd like to. Love to. But it can't happen. Logistically, it's impossible. He's got his own locker to keep his shit in and sit by right before the game starts. But he can't hang in the locker room like one of the boys.

But if BF is on your team, he can't hang out in the locker room with the guys. Know why Ray? Because of the players. Rookies will come up with armloads of memorabilia for Brett to sign. You see Ray, this cat is a legend. Not just a ham & egger DE like you, a living legend. The players will bug him and take from the team's time. "

I can agree Scott is biased and perhaps not a good spokesman in any event. But I can't begin to buy the "He would love to but can't dress with everybody else" thing. THE ROOKIES WOULD BUG HIM FOR AUTOGRAPHS? If that happened twice, the veterans would stop it in a nano second.

Some of the Jets reported #4 was so condescending he wouldn't talk to them or even acknowledge their presence. Lets face it, if he ever was, BF is no longer a warm and fuzzy guy with his team mates.

Gunakor
06-19-2009, 05:59 PM
I was wondering when this shit would start.

Brett CAN'T dress with the boys. He'd like to. Love to. But it can't happen. Logistically, it's impossible. He's got his own locker to keep his shit in and sit by right before the game starts. But he can't hang in the locker room like one of the boys.

But if BF is on your team, he can't hang out in the locker room with the guys. Know why Ray? Because of the players. Rookies will come up with armloads of memorabilia for Brett to sign. You see Ray, this cat is a legend. Not just a ham & egger DE like you, a living legend. The players will bug him and take from the team's time.

It's better for the team if Brett has his spaces, so his celebrity doesn't detract from the team's preparation.

Go ask your partner TJack, Ray. I'm sure he's besieged by autograph hounds all the time.

And Ray, your're as lame as some of these posters on Net Forums.

You know what? Having your own locker room separate from the rest of the team just because you don't want to sign autographs for your teammates is pretty lame too.

b bulldog
06-19-2009, 06:04 PM
team player :oops: man has his awe shucks attitude taken a hit.

pbmax
06-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Some of the Jets reported #4 was so condescending he wouldn't talk to them or even acknowledge their presence. Lets face it, if he ever was, BF is no longer a warm and fuzzy guy with his team mates.
Please provide a link with the condescension and refusal to talk to some teammates. We all read the quotes from 2 Jets, but I don't remember it rising to this level.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Ty has read some real crap on this board before, but KY..you have managed to outcrap them all.

The rookies would pester brett? So, brett is shielded from them? They have no other opportunities to pester him?

You are left with 2 choices:

1. Brett has to be isolated and only interacts with team so as to play. No talking, joking, no building of relationships, etc..because that would be detrimental to brett and the team.

2. The lockerroom is different. Players wouldn't ever talk to him or ask for autographs in the hallways, team meetings, team dinners, etc.

This is so far fetched it is laughable.

One of you older rats, please tell ty about the separate areas for living legends we had back in the 60s and early 70s...surely Starr, Nitschke, Gregg, Adderly, etc..they all had separate areas..as they weren't ham n eggers. I feel confident that you will all regale me with stories of how lombardi loved doing this for them.

What a crock of shit. I guess AD will need his own area soon if not now. He is a superstar.

packinpatland
06-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Please provide a link with the condescension and refusal to talk to some teammates. We all read the quotes from 2 Jets, but I don't remember it rising to this level.

'rising' to this level..........you mean dipping.
I'm sorry, but what a load of bs. Never, not once, was anything remotely reported like that in the local papers here. .......they voted him team captain for heaven's sake.

RashanGary
06-19-2009, 08:05 PM

When he got out of the confines of Green bay, I thought the New Yorkers said it best - the guy is a total phony.

Minnesota has the right idea too. He was sheltered here. There is no wonder he hates TT. TT ruined his magical situation. No matter where he goes, he'll never get excused for all of his short comings the way he was here. One championship in 16 years, but you'd think you were talking about a Bart Starr or Joe Montana type winner.

HarveyWallbangers
06-19-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't take much from this. Edwards is one of TJack's best friends on the team, and he's also the guy who said he might break the sack record last year.

th87
06-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Could there be some pragmatic reason for this? Like perhaps when the post-game interviews occur, it's known that the reporters would probably want to talk to him the most, at the expense of the teammates. And so to avoid this, he hides away?

He's been quite the primadonna, yes, but this seems like it's on another level.

Joemailman
06-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Didn't Favre used to do a weekly press conference to make up for the fact he wasn't available to reporters in the locker room?

packinpatland
06-19-2009, 08:38 PM

When he got out of the confines of Green bay, I thought the New Yorkers said it best - the guy is a total phony.
Minnesota has the right idea too. He was sheltered here. There is no wonder he hates TT. TT ruined his magical situation. No matter where he goes, he'll never get excused for all of his short comings the way he was here. One championship in 16 years, but you'd think you were talking about a Bart Starr or Joe Montana type winner.

What New Yorkers?

Rastak
06-19-2009, 08:52 PM
I don't take much from this. Edwards is one of TJack's best friends on the team, and he's also the guy who said he might break the sack record last year.

Yea, he's kind of goof ball. He's an average player too. He looks real good on 25% of the snaps and ordinary on the other 75% which means at this point he's pretty ordinary and the 4th best guy on the DL.

I do like his confidence but he does throw out some crazy shit. I do admit Favre having his own office is bullshit so I kind of agree with his overall point.

SMACKTALKIE
06-19-2009, 10:00 PM
I know you have all been waiting for this........ladies and gentelmen, Brad Childress's take:

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

Childress: Favre will be great locker room guy
June 19th, 2009 – 8:28 PM by Judd Zulgad
Defensive end Ray Edwards was extremely direct during an appearance on ESPN this week, saying that if Brett Favre comes to the Vikings the quarterback should dress at a locker with the rest of his teammates and not in a separate room.

Favre had his own area to dress last season when he was playing for the Jets, just as he did during his days in Green Bay. “We just don’t want him to bring his prima donna attitude to our team, because I feel that will break a team apart,” Edwards said.

But Vikings coach Brad Childress expressed no concern with what type of teammate Favre would be, should the quarterback end his retirement to play for the Vikings this season.

“I talked to [former Vikings fullback] Tony Richardson, who was his teammate at the Jets, and he had nothing but great things to say about him,” Childress said Friday afternoon on KFAN Radio. “Did I get into did he have a separate locker? It’s hard for me to see that and, of course, I know how Winter Park is set up. I think he’ll be a great locker room guy. He’s probably one of the better practical jokers out there over the course of 16 years [in Green Bay] and he’s not afraid to give it to anybody. I think he’ll be a tremendous teammate as well.”

Brando19
06-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Favre has turned into TO. Nah...TO actually used his team's locker room. This is bull. Favre is a legend...but if he comes back and plays...he's still a player and a teammate. He should be one of the boys. This kind of crap is turning the world against the former "man's man".

Jimx29
06-19-2009, 11:36 PM
i'm just glad that t-jack a sage are both taking this all so maturely :|

Tyrone Bigguns
06-20-2009, 12:39 AM
There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that Favre will be given a 6 foot circumference space that no player is allowed to enter during huddles.

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Didn't Favre used to do a weekly press conference to make up for the fact he wasn't available to reporters in the locker room?

Yea folks!

Name one other player in the entire NFL, who is overall, more available to the fans, the press and his teammates than Brett Favre. Brett Favre wears his heart on his sleeve and always has as far back as I can re-call.

GO PACK GO!

MJZiggy
06-20-2009, 06:57 AM

Yea folks!

Name one other player in the entire NFL, who is overall, more available to the fans, the press and his teammates than Brett Favre. Brett Favre wears his heart on his sleeve and always has as far back as I can re-call.

GO PACK GO!

Perhaps not in his earlier days, but now that list would be awfully long...

Scott Campbell
06-20-2009, 08:05 AM
Name one other player in the entire NFL, who is overall, more available to Greta Van Susteren...........

Fixed.

Scott Campbell
06-20-2009, 08:53 AM
I think these comments put Favre and the Vikings in an awkward situation. How can the Vikings give the diva his own private boudoir after comments like these?

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Name one other player in the entire NFL, who is overall, more available to the fans, the press and his teammates than Brett Favre.

Nick Barnett. Or anybody else that tweets. Happy?

KYPack
06-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Ty has read some real crap on this board before, but KY..you have managed to outcrap them all.

The rookies would pester brett? So, brett is shielded from them? They have no other opportunities to pester him?

1. Brett has to be isolated and only interacts with team so as to play. No talking, joking, no building of relationships, etc..because that would be detrimental to brett and the team.

2. The lockerroom is different. Players wouldn't ever talk to him or ask for autographs in the hallways, team meetings, team dinners, etc.

One of you older rats, please tell ty about the separate areas for living legends we had back in the 60s and early 70s...surely Starr, Nitschke, Gregg, Adderly, etc..they all had separate areas..as they weren't ham n eggers. I feel confident that you will all regale me with stories of how lombardi loved doing this for them.

What a crock of shit. I guess AD will need his own area soon if not now. He is a superstar.

Well Ty (& everybody that hopped on Ty's bandwagon) I'm not sure what yer bitchin' at me about.

This from the Minny paper...

"Favre did have a locker assigned to him with the Packers and Jets but in both cases he used a separate area to dress. “I wouldn’t like it that much,” Edwards said. “Everybody else has got to share a locker room. What makes you so different?”

Favre had a separate area to dress, hang out, and watch film and do his prep with both teams He didn't abuse the privilege, it's done partially to protect his teammates.

This is so far fetched it is laughable

No, it isn't farfetched, it's reality. Both the Jets and the Pack HAD to give Brett a space to do his thing. It's to give the team AND Brett room to breathe. Brett isn't some Joe Blow, he draws a lot of turmoil. In a circumstance where there is nobody around regular players, there is a huge crowd around Favre.

If Favre is around his locker during a normal media access, there is a crowd so huge around his locker that is so big, the other guys can't get dressed or anyhting else. The team has to do things differently, cause Brett's situation is far different from even the regular superstar like AP.

As far as the other shit you spewed like:

They are both bullshit and won't happen. It will be choice 3... The team and staff will do what they have to for the team to function. They will manage the access to Brett in any number of ways. Because they will have to.

This isn't a superstar trip, it's called survival. It isn't the lowly PS rookie that's the big problem, it's the media. Favre mentioned in the Joe Buck interview that he wanted to hold the media frenzies to a minimum. Brett has had those in the past. If he shows up at Viking camp, hold onto your hat. This will be the mother of all media frenzies.

Joe was right, giving the media access at his weekly press conference was done so the team could deny media access at other times. When somebody reaches the point of public awareness that Brett has today, you must make special arrangements with teammates, fans, the media, and team staff.

Brett will be in the regular lockerroom. He will BS with the guys, play ribs, and hang out. Favre has played on an NFL team for 18 years, he knows how to act in the lockerrom and how to relate to the guys and build rapport. Last year, he left a dead turkey in a guys locker to play a rib that everybody dug. he likes that kind of stuff. The teams' have to make areas for Brett to dress, study and do business. Brett isn't being driven to practice in a limo, being aloof and any other star shit. He is being given some room to move.

As far as my post being crapola, screw you, Ty. It isn't bullshit, it's what happened in the past and will have to happen in some form now. I guess you and Ray Edwards just don't get that.

RashanGary
06-20-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm gonna call BS, KY. They're not giving him his own dressing room and hang out spot because he's such a distraction. Every star deals with it. You just give certain times to talk and reporters are asked to respect it. Sports reporters are not the paparazzi. You also just get in and out quickly and off to the meeting rooms or where ever you can work best. I've never heard of an NFL player with this kind of treatment. Favre is a true diva.

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Name one other player in the entire NFL, who is overall, more available to Greta Van Susteren...........

Fixed.

'' Name one other player in the entire NFL, who is overall, more available to Greta Van Susteren " Scott Campbell

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 10:31 AM

Well Ty (& everybody that hopped on Ty's bandwagon) I'm not sure what yer bitchin' at me about.

This from the Minny paper...

"Favre did have a locker assigned to him with the Packers and Jets but in both cases he used a separate area to dress. “I wouldn’t like it that much,” Edwards said. “Everybody else has got to share a locker room. What makes you so different?”

Favre had a separate area to dress, hang out, and watch film and do his prep with both teams He didn't abuse the privilege, it's done partially to protect his teammates.

This is so far fetched it is laughable

No, it isn't farfetched, it's reality. Both the Jets and the Pack HAD to give Brett a space to do his thing. It's to give the team AND Brett room to breathe. Brett isn't some Joe Blow, he draws a lot of turmoil. In a circumstance where there is nobody around regular players, there is a huge crowd around Favre.

If Favre is around his locker during a normal media access, there is a crowd so huge around his locker that is so big, the other guys can't get dressed or anyhting else. The team has to do things differently, cause Brett's situation is far different from even the regular superstar like AP.

As far as the other shit you spewed like:

They are both bullshit and won't happen. It will be choice 3... The team and staff will do what they have to for the team to function. They will manage the access to Brett in any number of ways. Because they will have to.

This isn't a superstar trip, it's called survival. It isn't the lowly PS rookie that's the big problem, it's the media. Favre mentioned in the Joe Buck interview that he wanted to hold the media frenzies to a minimum. Brett has had those in the past. If he shows up at Viking camp, hold onto your hat. This will be the mother of all media frenzies.

Joe was right, giving the media access at his weekly press conference was done so the team could deny media access at other times. When somebody reaches the point of public awareness that Brett has today, you must make special arrangements with teammates, fans, the media, and team staff.

Brett will be in the regular lockerroom. He will BS with the guys, play ribs, and hang out. Favre has played on an NFL team for 18 years, he knows how to act in the lockerrom and how to relate to the guys and build rapport. Last year, he left a dead turkey in a guys locker to play a rib that everybody dug. he likes that kind of stuff. The teams' have to make areas for Brett to dress, study and do business. Brett isn't being driven to practice in a limo, being aloof and any other star shit. He is being given some room to move.

As far as my post being crapola, screw you, Ty. It isn't bullshit, it's what happened in the past and will have to happen in some form now. I guess you and Ray Edwards just don't get that.

Does every superstar in the NFL get their own dressing room, or just one?

KYPack
06-20-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm gonna call BS, KY. They're not giving him his own dressing room and hang out spot because he's such a distraction. Every star deals with it. You just give certain times to talk and reporters are asked to respect it. Sports reporters are not the paparazzi. You also just get in and out quickly and off to the meeting rooms or where ever you can work best. I've never heard of an NFL player with this kind of treatment. Favre is a true diva.

Look, everybody, you can't call BS. That's what the teams have done. FAVRE isn't insisting to have "separate but equal" facilities, the team is make places for Favre. It's for the rest of the guys in addition to Brett, to give 'em space

It's fan interest in the memorabilia, media interest in the story and all the other heat that Brett draws. That situation has to be managed.

A small example of this is Favre getting dressed. He does so separately. The guys are getting dressed and the media has access to all the players except Brett. This way, the locker room is normal. The media can do their pieces on all the guys and things are cool. The media guys don't exactly like it, but they are given their time and get their stuff out.

ALL Mega-stars have to do stuff like this. Tiger Woods doesn't just park in the players lot and stroll up to the locker room. They do special things for him because he has special interest from the public.

Barry Bonds got special treatment and he was an asshole about it.
The teams have made different policies for Brett and he is pretty cool about it. You can't change a person's status when they are a superstar, you just have to deal with it.

I, for one, hope the Vikings screw it up.

Sounds like they will if one of you guy's are put in charge of managing the situation.

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 10:37 AM

I apologize in advance...........

but who fucking cares?????????

Any player whining about someone dressing in a separate area sounds like a crybaby to me. They are making TONS of money. I guess they need something to bitch about.

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 10:50 AM

Any player whining about someone dressing in a separate area sounds like a crybaby to me. They are making TONS of money. I guess they need something to bitch about.

Apparently Ray Edwards, DE for the Minnesota Vikings, he cares. And I'd have to assume that he's not the only one in that locker room. You don't see it becoming a bit of a problem if players in that very locker room feel Favre's act a bit diva-ish? You don't think there is anything wrong with certain players feeling as if some of their teammates are receiving preferential treatment? You may feel that they are just being crybabies, but then again you've never been in the position they are in. Maybe it's you who just needs something to bitch about.

Scott Campbell
06-20-2009, 11:15 AM

Pretty soon Harlan will be asking for his own PackerRats dressing room.

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Name one other player in the entire NFL, who is overall, more available to the fans, the press and his teammates than Brett Favre.

tweets! Your not serious? :shock:

As a Packer Brett Favre was front and center ' the face ' of our team. I should be ashamed of being ignorant of Nick Barnett and his tweets?

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 12:06 PM

Pretty soon Harlan will be asking for his own PackerRats dressing room.

Scott you redefine or for me place a whole new human perspective on the term :

' beating a dead horse '.

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 12:08 PM

As a Packer Brett Favre was front and center ' the face ' of our team. I should be ashamed of being ignorant of Nick Barnett and his tweets?

I am serious. You asked what other player makes themselves more available to fans and media. Twitter has become a pretty regular way for players to make themselves available. Get with the times Ed.

Besides, again, you asked what player makes themselves more available, not who was the face of the franchise. So the last part of your post is completely irrelevant.

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 12:23 PM

I am serious. You asked what other player makes themselves more available to fans and media. Twitter has become a pretty regular way for players to make themselves available. Get with the times Ed.

Besides, again, you asked what player makes themselves more available, not who was the face of the franchise. So the last part of your post is completely irrelevant.

I'm against arguing with ignorant people. More against arguing with anyone I respect.

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm against arguing with ignorant people. More against arguing with anyone I respect.

As am I, which is why I'm still arguing with you.

Twitter is relatively new, so I understand if you don't realize yet that IS in fact a good way for these players to connect with their fans. The media is always referencing twitter, ESPN especially. Guys like Nick Barnett take advantage of that, and make themselves more available to the fans than almost anyone that came before them. Don't forget, ESPN was the source that posted Barnett's infamous "Either you're with us or against us" tweet - how many people do you think he makes himself available to on a regular basis without the need for the national media after that report ran? The point is, just because you aren't doing Greta doesn't mean you aren't making yourself available. There are so much better ways of doing so now.

cpk1994
06-20-2009, 03:06 PM

Look, everybody, you can't call BS. That's what the teams have done. FAVRE isn't insisting to have "separate but equal" facilities, the team is make places for Favre. It's for the rest of the guys in addition to Brett, to give 'em space

It's fan interest in the memorabilia, media interest in the story and all the other heat that Brett draws. That situation has to be managed.

A small example of this is Favre getting dressed. He does so separately. The guys are getting dressed and the media has access to all the players except Brett. This way, the locker room is normal. The media can do their pieces on all the guys and things are cool. The media guys don't exactly like it, but they are given their time and get their stuff out.

ALL Mega-stars have to do stuff like this. Tiger Woods doesn't just park in the players lot and stroll up to the locker room. They do special things for him because he has special interest from the public.

Barry Bonds got special treatment and he was an asshole about it.
The teams have made different policies for Brett and he is pretty cool about it. You can't change a person's status when they are a superstar, you just have to deal with it.

I, for one, hope the Vikings screw it up.

Sounds like they will if one of you guy's are put in charge of managing the situation.I still call BS. Did John Elway have this treatment? Did Joe Montana? How about Tom Brady?

Secondly. He may not be insisting on it, but he sure as hell isn't refusing.

Thridly, Comparing Tiger Woods to Brett Favre is outright ridiculous. Tiger Woods is a far greater superstar than Brett Favre could ever hope to be.

Finally, if this is so common place, name me one other NFL player who gets this traetment? You aren't going to find one.

cpk1994
06-20-2009, 03:09 PM

As am I, which is why I'm still arguing with you.

Twitter is relatively new, so I understand if you don't realize yet that IS in fact a good way for these players to connect with their fans. The media is always referencing twitter, ESPN especially. Guys like Nick Barnett take advantage of that, and make themselves more available to the fans than almost anyone that came before them. Don't forget, ESPN was the source that posted Barnett's infamous "Either you're with us or against us" tweet - how many people do you think he makes himself available to on a regular basis without the need for the national media after that report ran? The point is, just because you aren't doing Greta doesn't mean you aren't making yourself available. There are so much better ways of doing so now.

Here is an even better example to make clear how twitter mmakes you available: Charlie Villaneuva of the Milwaukee Bucks got fined and benched by his coach for "tweeting" DURING A GAME! Has Favre ever connected with fans like that during a game? No.

SMACKTALKIE
06-20-2009, 03:23 PM
I know it's the offseason but this seems like alot of non-football related BS. What does twitter have to do with what goes on for 60 mins. on the football field? It's about the game, not twitter or how a acessable a player is to his fans.

Silly. :roll:

cpk1994
06-20-2009, 03:26 PM
I know it's the offseason but this seems like alot of non-football related BS. What does twitter have to do with what goes on for 60 mins. on the football field? It's about the game, not twitter or how a acessable a player is to his fans.

Silly. :roll:Woodbuck basically claimed that Brett Favre was the most accessible player ever. He was then shwon why that is not the case.

packinpatland
06-20-2009, 06:41 PM
I just came home from a birthday celebration for a friend.......his 90th.
His whole family is here from.........Minnestota.
When they found out I was a Packer fan, the trash talk started.............
I want to extend a huge thank you to all PR's....I was able to keep pace...I was 'armed'. :lol:

My favorite moment was when they mentioned how close we came to the Super Bowl two seasons ago.........I reminded them that their trophy case is nothing more than a 'hope chest'...........

oregonpackfan
06-20-2009, 07:48 PM
I want to extend a huge thank you to all PR's....I was able to keep pace...I was 'armed'. :lol:

My favorite moment was when they mentioned how close we came to the Super Bowl two seasons ago.........I reminded them that their trophy case is nothing more than a 'hope chest'...........

Good one, PIP!

I have found one of the best ways to keep Minnesota people at bay is to start telling Ole and Lena jokes--it keeps them humble about their Scandinavian roots! :)

Scott Campbell
06-20-2009, 08:01 PM

I am so proud right now.

swede
06-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Ole and Sven had lost their jobs in the ladies undergarment factory. Sven tells him to apply for the $100 a week in unemployment insurance for unskilled labor.

Ole applied for his benefits and then reported to Sven that he had been deemed to skilled labor and was receiving $200 a week in unemployment insurance.

"Now vut makes you skilled labor?" asked Sven, "You vus verking right next to me."

"Ja, ja. I guess it's because I vus a Diesel Fitter," says Ole.

"Diesel Fitter?" says Sven. "Vut Diesel Fitter? I gives you de ladies underwear, you hold 'em up and say 'Ja, ja...diesel fit 'er!"

MOBB DEEP
06-21-2009, 01:18 AM
who is this guy edwards? a team leader?

GrnBay007
06-21-2009, 04:06 AM

What did they have to say about the possibility of Favre playing for the Vikings?

Rastak
06-21-2009, 07:00 AM

Team leader? Ummm, no. He does talk alot though....almost never stops.

woodbuck27
06-21-2009, 07:10 AM

Silly. :roll:Woodbuck basically claimed that Brett Favre was the most accessible player ever. He was then shwon why that is not the case.

I refute your post cpk1994. I didn't claim that Favre was the most accessable player ever. I did write that it was my opinion that he was the face of our team.

Other posters here responded with posts that are informing to me ie ' the twitter factor ' cpk1994. They utilize the authority of being gentlemen. That's a severe challenge to you cpk1994 as you continue your need to campaign views against a former Green Bay Packer and HOFer and worst of all football fans. Using tactics at least bordering on you cpk1994 being accused of hatred and bullying.

Why can't you relax. Take a long rest on the anti-Favre rhetoric. It's tired and can only be destructive because of the history of the man in question. Frankly your prickly nature is a slap in the face to some here who chose to follow and support a pro athlete who was once our own. Why can't you get it cpk1994?

This is a forum that has been well directed to entertain and inform fans of the Green Bay Packers and the NFL in general etc. If you and some others want to play smack down on any member here that doesn't wish to entertain your caustic views? I suggest you petition for a seperate forum that consists of people that better resemble monkeys in behaviour than decent human beings.

Furthermore cpk1994. I view your participation here with the greatest degree of tolerance in terms of what I'd really like to write if it wasn't in all likelyhood simply a waste of my time.

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
06-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Ole and Sven had lost their jobs in the ladies undergarment factory. Sven tells him to apply for the $100 a week in unemployment insurance for unskilled labor.

Ole applied for his benefits and then reported to Sven that he had been deemed to skilled labor and was receiving $200 a week in unemployment insurance.

"Now vut makes you skilled labor?" asked Sven, "You vus verking right next to me."

"Ja, ja. I guess it's because I vus a Diesel Fitter," says Ole.

"Diesel Fitter?" says Sven. "Vut Diesel Fitter? I gives you de ladies underwear, you hold 'em up and say 'Ja, ja...diesel fit 'er!"

Cool joke Swede. Thanks :D

Scott Campbell
06-21-2009, 08:01 AM
I refute your post cpk1994. I didn't claim that Favre was the most accessable player ever. I did write that it was my opinion that he was the face of our team.

You didn't write that he was the face of our team. Here's exactly what you said.

CPK exaggerated, but that doesn't mean that your post wasn't ridiculous.

woodbuck27
06-21-2009, 08:11 AM

You didn't write that he was the face of our team. Here's exactly what you said.

CPK exaggerated, but that doesn't mean that your post wasn't ridiculous.

woodbuck27 wrote:

** Interpretation then, for you Scott.

Brett Favre was the face of our team for the time overall that he played under our colors. What in Sam's name do you want to kick shit up over this for Scott? I'm not going to get into some other juvenile argument with you over semantics to entertain your mind Scott.

Scott Campbell
06-21-2009, 08:28 AM
You won't have any problems with me unless you start personally attacking other posters.

woodbuck27
06-21-2009, 08:35 AM
You won't have any problems with me unless you start personally attacking other posters.

and Scott should I fear you? Feel any sese of intimidation. Your and always will be a joke to me mister and hardly any challenge to unhinge. :D

Ohh!? Was that a personal attack Scott? :D

Scott Campbell
06-21-2009, 08:37 AM

and Scott should I fear you? Feel any sese of intimidation. Your and always will be a joke to me mister and hardly any challenge to unhinge. :D

Yup.

woodbuck27
06-21-2009, 08:41 AM

Yup.

Ohh then your sensitive today Scott. A suggestion.

Eat a hearty breckfast. Get a grip on that blood sugar. RELAX. :D

Scott Campbell
06-21-2009, 08:43 AM

Yup.

Ohh then your sensative today Scott. A suggestion.

Sure thing. Happy Father's Day Gramps.

woodbuck27
06-21-2009, 08:49 AM

Yup.

Ohh then your sensative today Scott. A suggestion.

Sure thing. Happy Father's Day Gramps.

Well . Thank You Sir. I'm especially proud to be a grandfather. :D

Administrator
06-21-2009, 10:20 AM

Wow. I log on to read one thread, this is what I pick.

The Viking fan sums it up, then, the packer fans argue with him that he's wrong.

I just don't get it.

Gunakor, who cares if woodbuck gets twitter or not?
Woodbuck, who cares if some folks like twitter?
CPK, who are you to tell anyone anything?
Scott, why are you stirring up crap on Fathers day?

Smacktalkie - Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

I'm really getting tired of all the backbiting over Brett Favre. If all of you keep it up, there's going to be a few people disappearing around here. Permanently.

cpk1994
06-21-2009, 01:54 PM

The Viking fan sums it up, then, the packer fans argue with him that he's wrong.

I just don't get it.

I'm really getting tired of all the backbiting over Brett Favre. If all of you keep it up, there's going to be a few people disappearing around here. Permanently.

Smack asked a question about twitter. I answered why it came up. I don't know how answering a question is backbiting.

Gunakor
06-21-2009, 03:38 PM

I just don't get it.

Whoa there Admin, I simply answered a question. I didn't try to get anyone riled up. Woody asked who has made himself more accessible to fans than Favre. That was his question. I could care less whether or not he has twitter - that's beside the point. Nick Barnett does, and is far more accessible to fans than Brett has ever been because of it. So I answered his question. Something wrong with that?

Zool
06-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Ha...Its not too difficult to see when Woody comes back to the forum. Even the steady hand of Joe the Admin is annoyed.

falco
06-21-2009, 04:05 PM

Might as well add them to the list of people who have already left voluntarily. This place is a shadow of its former self.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-21-2009, 05:29 PM
[quote=SMACKTALKIE]I know it's the offseason but this seems like alot of non-football related BS. What does twitter have to do with what goes on for 60 mins. on the football field? It's about the game, not twitter or how a acessable a player is to his fans.

:lol:

gex
06-21-2009, 05:38 PM
]“I talked to [former Vikings fullback] Tony Richardson, who was his teammate at the Jets, and he had nothing but great things to say about him,” Childress said Friday afternoon on KFAN Radio. “Did I get into did he have a separate locker? It’s hard for me to see that and, of course, I know how Winter Park is set up. I think he’ll be a great locker room guy. He’s probably one of the better practical jokers out there over the course of 16 years [in Green Bay] and he’s not afraid to give it to anybody. I think he’ll be a tremendous teammate as well.” :D

Joemailman
06-21-2009, 05:48 PM

Might as well add them to the list of people who have already left voluntarily. This place is a shadow of its former self.

I know what you mean. I've been posting the last couple of days at another Packer site. They have this weird thing going on where most of the threads are about current Packers.

Rastak
06-21-2009, 05:49 PM

I just don't get it.

You da man, admin.

Act civil and don't be a smartass all the time or get tossed. That's how I'd run it. Keep it to a straight up discussion with a little humor tossed in and everybody will have a much better time....other than people who aren't really here to have a discussion.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-21-2009, 05:49 PM
"A diva," whispered one teammate, describing life with the Jet Favres.

"If somebody's not playing well, they need to come out of the game," said running back Thomas Jones, arguing the NFL's oldest starting QB should have been benched.

"I think Brett Favre basically is a selfish guy," Jets motivational guru Teddy Atlas told the New York Post, blaming Favre's let-it-rip improvisations for coach Eric Mangini's firing the day after the season ended.

Another player, who requested anonymity, launched this salvo at the future Hall of Famer: "I'm tired of being part of his soap opera. If he really wanted to win a championship, he'd be right here. Let's call it for what it is: He wants to play for Minnesota so he can stick it to Green Bay twice a year. He's just being selfish. I'm not surprised."

Kerry Rhodes:
"If he's dedicated and he wants to come back and do this, and do it the right way ... and be here when we're here in training camp and the minicamps and working out with us ... then I'm fine with it," Rhodes said. "But don't come back if it's going to be half-hearted or he doesn't want to put the time in with us."

A veteran Jets player, quoted anonymously by Newsday, described Favre as a "distant" teammate who, when at the Jets' practice facility, spent his down time away from teammates in an office specially designated for him.

"There was a lot of resentment in the room about him. He never socialized with us, never went to dinner with anyone," the player told Newsday.

"I want (Favre) out of the building before I get there," one general manager told The Daily News in analyzing the thought process of prospective coaches. "He's finished. You can read Mangini's body language: 'We can't control him. He will not follow. He's undisciplined. Belligerent.'

"Why would any reasonable man even want him around if you are trying to get a fresh start?"

cpk1994
06-21-2009, 08:16 PM
I refute your post cpk1994. I didn't claim that Favre was the most accessable player ever.

Name one other player in the entire NFL, who is overall, more available to the fans, the press and his teammates than Brett Favre

You might want to re-read what you post.

woodbuck27
06-22-2009, 01:19 AM
Ha...Its not too difficult to see when Woody comes back to the forum. Even the steady hand of Joe the Admin is annoyed.

Hey don't push this all on me Zool.

My conduct isn't in question in this thread. Your prejudice certainly is Zool. Clearly I've acknowledged my ignorance of twitter and accept that that's a means for NFL players to reach out to NFL fans.

If you fail to see that is the case. See it now Zool.

woodbuck27
06-22-2009, 01:42 AM
I refute your post cpk1994. I didn't claim that Favre was the most accessable player ever.

Name one other player in the entire NFL, who is overall, more available to the fans, the press and his teammates than Brett Favre

I wrote name one (any) player who is OVERALL, more available. . .

I got a response, an answer cpk1994.

I received a rebuttal from a poster I respect and learned from that rebuttal. End of story as far as your concerned cpk1994.

Administrator
06-22-2009, 07:35 AM

This is most helpful. :roll:

Falco, if you read the archives, which I have, it'll be clear that you seemingly always sound off about how smart and "in tune" you are with what is going on, yet, you were the first one to gripe when the previous owner and moderators tried to stop crap like this. Matter of fact, you griped about everything they tried to do without once (that I can see) ever offering any alternative.

Why don't you either get on board and "help" with the changes, or at the very least quit complaining? You are hurting more than you're helping.

Zool - I don't see Woodbuck as the main problem though he certainly didn't help in this thread either. I see a lot of people in this thread and others taking shots at Woodbuck for his opinions. I'm sure someone will "justify" those shots as deserved based on previous opinions he had that strayed from the mass opinion, but, really doesn't that get old after a while? So he thinks counter culture. Who cares?

CPK, give it a rest. He wasn't asking a question, he was giving the forum a hard time with an appropriate retorical question. In advance, he told you that your rebuttal was uninformed, unhelpful, pointless and unnecessary.

Administrator
06-22-2009, 07:39 AM
You da man, admin.

Act civil and don't be a smartass all the time or get tossed. That's how I'd run it. Keep it to a straight up discussion with a little humor tossed in and everybody will have a much better time....other than people who aren't really here to have a discussion.

I appreciate this. I really do.

And, I agree. Unfortunately there are a few loudmouths here who just wait for someone to say something so they can lambast them. What a pathetic life do you have to have, to "show" everyone how smart you are in an online football forum?

Those people are going to start disappearing, one by one.

I encourage anyone to PM me when they see this stuff going on. I will deal with it. I also encourage any forum member who is displeased to PM me with the people they specifically feel are not participating with examples. I'll deal with that too.

This stuff is going to stop. It has already started. A couple of posters are on their final chance here and they know who they are. A couple of posters have been asked politely to knock it off. They know who they are too. I am handling this the most fair way I know how.

So far I've largely resisted deleting posts (I have done this on a couple of occasions), but maybe that is the way we should head next. Your private opinions of that are also appreciated.

Zool
06-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Zool - I don't see Woodbuck as the main problem though he certainly didn't help in this thread either. I see a lot of people in this thread and others taking shots at Woodbuck for his opinions. I'm sure someone will "justify" those shots as deserved based on previous opinions he had that strayed from the mass opinion, but, really doesn't that get old after a while? So he thinks counter culture. Who cares?

While I will admit the cheap shot at Woody was a little unfounded in this case, if you want to check some archives on him, he's very insulting to people who disagree with him. He tries to be sly about it, but he's just not.

This same shit has happened the last 3 off seasons and its always centered around 1 guy (Mr F). Once the season starts it all levels out and people slow way down on the bitching.

Its a little weird tho. People spend a ton of time on a message board bitching about a guy during the summer months but then stop during the winter. Go outside people.

SkinBasket
06-22-2009, 08:58 AM
You da man, admin.

I appreciate this. I really do.

And, I agree. Unfortunately there are a few loudmouths here who just wait for someone to say something so they can lambast them. What a pathetic life do you have to have, to "show" everyone how smart you are in an online football forum?

Those people are going to start disappearing, one by one.

I encourage anyone to PM me when they see this stuff going on. I will deal with it. I also encourage any forum member who is displeased to PM me with the people they specifically feel are not participating with examples. I'll deal with that too.

This stuff is going to stop. It has already started. A couple of posters are on their final chance here and they know who they are. A couple of posters have been asked politely to knock it off. They know who they are too. I am handling this the most fair way I know how.

So far I've largely resisted deleting posts (I have done this on a couple of occasions), but maybe that is the way we should head next. Your private opinions of that are also appreciated.

It's like I got in a time machine this morning and went back 3 months. Threats of disappearing posters, post deletion, the owner insulting posters while telling everyone else to be nice... The only new thing is this interesting program encouraging posters to report those who are "not participating." Not sure what that means, but it sure as shit doesn't sound like a good thing. Looks like we've gone from not being allowed to personally insult each other to not being allowed to disagree with each other.

I honestly don't understand how this is healthy for this or any other forum.

woodbuck27
06-22-2009, 10:07 AM

While I will admit the cheap shot at Woody was a little unfounded in this case, if you want to check some archives on him, he's very insulting to people who disagree with him. He tries to be sly about it, but he's just not.

This same shit has happened the last 3 off seasons and its always centered around 1 guy (Mr F). Once the season starts it all levels out and people slow way down on the bitching.

Its a little weird tho. People spend a ton of time on a message board bitching about a guy during the summer months but then stop during the winter. Go outside people.

" While I will admit the cheap shot at Woody was a little unfounded in this case, if you want to check some archives on him, he's very insulting to people who disagree with him. He tries to be sly about it, but he's just not."
. . . Zool

Yes your shot was cheap or unfounded Zool. woodbuck27 is a target for some posters here but only from my standpoint or view two - three posters. I'll publicly name three posters to be on board with my feelings. I'll tackle this one head on; do so honestly because I can back myself up:

Scott Campbell, cpk1994 and falco. I will not debate any issue for too long with two of these three posters as it's impossible to deal with their personalitys and manners. By far and to a lesser degree I perceive Falco as only a poster with an axe to grind. Falco has a long and selective memory.

Scott Campbell and cpk1994 are troubled in my view and need to conduct themselves alot better here for the overall good of Packerrats.I refuse to defend those feelings with any of the above here or in public view as that is simply wrong and my task to deal with as I personally see fit. It's often a lonely place to be but I persevere best I can.

I continue to where I attempt amends for what may be constructive and specifically direct this to the Moderator. Zool your almost but not there. Insult often arises from the truth Zool.

Checking the archives should only be necessary to understand history to understand why certain personalitys on our forum seem to constantly collide. I certainly don't enjoy disagreement choosing the policy of agreeing to disagree. Respecting an other's opinion and even attempting to learn from all here.

Zool I take the position that it takes two to tango. I'm not here to cause any trouble nor continue any battle. I seem to get the same problems with the same fellas. After awhile it becomes disconcerting and standing in there hurts our forum overall. I therefore do what I feel I must to not contribute 'to bad' for our forum.

Zool I never hightail it and run as Scott Campbell infered yesterday. I have never ' been runned off ' as Scott Campbell assumed, nor been in any other manner forced away from a board involving posters here. I have tough skin and not a sensitive personality.

I see posters here as a part of my sports community to learn and grow from as an NFL fan. My favourite NFL team has always and will remain, the Green Bay Packers. I'm a Packer and NFL fan of now 50 years and simply want to enjoy and learn from my visits to Packerrats. I have respect for by far the majority of posters here. I understand their contribution and I feel I give back positive not negative Zool.

GO PACK GO!

Administrator
06-22-2009, 10:27 AM
It's like I got in a time machine this morning and went back 3 months. Threats of disappearing posters, post deletion, the owner insulting posters while telling everyone else to be nice... The only new thing is this interesting program encouraging posters to report those who are "not participating." Not sure what that means, but it sure as shit doesn't sound like a good thing. Looks like we've gone from not being allowed to personally insult each other to not being allowed to disagree with each other.

Well, lets put the conspiracy fears to rest. I asked people to pm me because I can't read everything. I don't want someone to "take a slam" because I didn't read that particular post. It's that simple.

Next, if you've got a better way to deal with the "tone" of the forum, I'd love to hear it. You asked about "rules" a while back. I offered to let you have a voice in them, quite honestly one of the main voices and you declined my offer. That's fine. You are certainly under no obligation to do anything if you don't wish to.

But, looking back at your post, I don't see one thing that offers any alternative to solving the problems. I've been in PM contact with several people in the past couple of weeks. A couple have chosen to not even enter a dialogue to properly resolve things.

The attacks continue. As I said in the other thread, good contributors are taking a break because they are tired of the BS. Taking potshots at me, or my way of handling things isn't effective. You want to help? I'd love that. If you just want to critisize me, that's fine, but do it in private, ok?

SkinBasket
06-22-2009, 11:12 AM

Well, lets put the conspiracy fears to rest. I asked people to pm me because I can't read everything. I don't want someone to "take a slam" because I didn't read that particular post. It's that simple.

Next, if you've got a better way to deal with the "tone" of the forum, I'd love to hear it. You asked about "rules" a while back. I offered to let you have a voice in them, quite honestly one of the main voices and you declined my offer. That's fine. You are certainly under no obligation to do anything if you don't wish to.

But, looking back at your post, I don't see one thing that offers any alternative to solving the problems. I've been in PM contact with several people in the past couple of weeks. A couple have chosen to not even enter a dialogue to properly resolve things.

The attacks continue. As I said in the other thread, good contributors are taking a break because they are tired of the BS. Taking potshots at me, or my way of handling things isn't effective. You want to help? I'd love that. If you just want to critisize me, that's fine, but do it in private, ok?

I didn't offer an "alternative" because I said I don't see the problem. Someone posted something, someone responded, without poking fun at the poster in any context outside of the post, and in a way that delivered his point. I agree with nutz that it seems there's different thresholds for different posters. I've said as much the last time this came up in the last iteration of the Rodgers/Young debacle. Maybe it's just been coincidence or a function of how those particular posters post, but to me, and apparently some others, it looks like some people are being unduly protected from themselves, which gives the impression that some people can post whatever they want to and if anyone disagrees with them, they're singled out by Administrator as "mean" and subject to "disappearance."

As far as rules go, I'm fine with what they are, as long as they're uniformly enforced. I know that's where things get difficult for you, but I guess that's why they say with great power comes great responsibility.

As far as addressing this issue in private, I don't think that's exactly fair after you name several posters, admonish them in public, call them loudmouths, and threaten to "make people disappear." Sure, maybe I could have phrased my problems with your posts a little more diplomatically, but it hardly seemed to be the tone you were setting.

Fritz
06-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Moving right along...as far as Favre in the lockerroom, a few well-placed farts will go a long way toward easing tensions....

Sometimes guys are pretty straightforward.

Scott Campbell
06-22-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm not here to cause any trouble nor continue any battle.

Good concept Woody.

woodbuck27 is a target for some posters here but only from my standpoint or view two - three posters. I'll publicly name three posters to be on board with my feelings. I'll tackle this one head on; do so honestly because I can back myself up:

Scott Campbell, cpk1994 and falco. I will not debate any issue for too long with two of these three posters as it's impossible to deal with their personalitys and manners. By far and to a lesser degree I perceive Falco as only a poster with an axe to grind. Falco has a long and selective memory.

Lousy execution Woody.

Scott Campbell and cpk1994 are troubled in my view

And how is this constructive?

When are you going to quit with the personal attacks?

Scott Campbell
06-22-2009, 12:14 PM
What a pathetic life do you have to have, to "show" everyone how smart you are in an online football forum?

I wouldn't care if this were directed at Woody. Totally unacceptable.

Just in case anybody thinks it's unfair of me to blindside Joe with my comment, you should know that I gave him a courtesy heads up via PM well before commenting publicly.

hoosier
06-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Moving right along...as far as Favre in the lockerroom, a few well-placed farts will go a long way toward easing tensions....

My brother and I used to have a running argument about whether anyone had enough power (say, a CEO in a large corporation) to be able to fart in the elevator without suffering any decline in social status. Favre is probably Exhibit A in making the case for "yes."

woodbuck27
06-22-2009, 02:09 PM
What a pathetic life do you have to have, to "show" everyone how smart you are in an online football forum?

I wouldn't care if this were directed at Woody. Totally unacceptable.

Scott control yourself. I have observed you for what? Four years and you need the last word. That gets you in a mess Scott. Let it go please.

Just in case anybody thinks it's unfair of me to blindside Joe with my comment, you should know that I gave him a courtesy heads up via PM well before commenting publicly.

Are you actually going for the sympathy vote here Scott? Can you really claim you were blindsided or surprized I'd stand my ground against your insulting and demeaning manners?

Scott you and cpk1994 have been taking crap out on me at every opportunity. Hey you two seem to even have formed an open mutual admiration society. Can it possibly be because of your intelligence,wit or charm? Your splendid personality and warm manners?

I believe that some here really relish the reputation you have of baring your teeth. When all that matters is that you must be right. There are few people on this forum that would refute that. Agree with me or not Scott? The proper way from here on out is clear. It's the only thing that has ever worked out in terms of your negative views and obsessions with demeaning or ridiculing me and neither of which anyone should need to stand for.

Give it a rest Scott Campbell and better maybe even STOP. Your as usual embarrissing yourself. Worse offering that superior attitude you need to shove around a place that cannot survive such behaviour for the betterment of all. Think of more than yourself Scott (and cpk1994) that goes for you also.

Now please Scott. Just re-read this post and for a day or two allow that this post is basically accurate. I'm not attacking you or anyone else here. I want us all to see a better way and continue to enjoy and learn through Packerrats. NOT take this further to the hell I know full well your capable of.

Scott Cambell let it go please. I want no part of your nonsense.

Scott Campbell
06-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Can you really claim you were blindsided or surprized I'd stand my ground against your insulting and demeaning manners?

You're right Woody. I wasn't at all surprised by your comments.

My blindsided comment was directed at Joe - not you. All I meant was that I wouldn't criticize (blindside) something he said in public without first giving him the opportunity to review it in private. It was just a courtesy - nothing else to read into it.

As for the rest of your post, I think you're acutely aware of my position.

SkinBasket
06-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Scott Cambell let it go please. I want no part of your nonsense.

Can I have your portion of his nonsense?

Fritz
06-22-2009, 02:45 PM

My brother and I used to have a running argument about whether anyone had enough power (say, a CEO in a large corporation) to be able to fart in the elevator without suffering any decline in social status. Favre is probably Exhibit A in making the case for "yes."

It was said (and, I believe, written) of Lyndon Johnson that when he was Senate Majority leader he'd invite a recalcitrant Democrat into his office, and if a little arm-twisting didn't work (great photo series in, I think, an old Life magazine of the arm-twisting), he'd go into the can with the door open, drop his drawers, and drop some Najeh while talking the issue with the politician, who was usually shocked, affronted, and embarrassed. Since LBJ was none of these, he had the upper hand.

So it worked for LBJ. Maybe if we invited Najeh Davenport to Packerrats, he could straighten us out.

Scott Campbell
06-22-2009, 02:47 PM
So it worked for LBJ. Maybe if we invited Najeh Davenport to Packerrats, he could straighten us out.

That's a crappy idea.

:lol:

Fritz
06-22-2009, 02:49 PM
I guess we already air our dirty laundry.

:rs:

woodbuck27
06-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Can you really claim you were blindsided or surprized I'd stand my ground against your insulting and demeaning manners?

You're right Woody. I wasn't at all surprised by your comments.

My blindsided comment was directed at Joe - not you. All I meant was that I wouldn't criticize (blindside) something he said in public without first giving him the opportunity to review it in private. It was just a courtesy - nothing else to read into it.

As for the rest of your post, I think you're acutely aware of my position.

'' As for the rest of your post, I think you're acutely aware of my position.'' Scott Campbell

Scott please. :D This is a Green Bay Packer fan forum. Not the skeleton of some weird and eccentric plot to use in the next wanna be hit scary movie.

cpk1994
06-22-2009, 03:33 PM

I wrote name one (any) player who is OVERALL, more available. . .

I got a response, an answer cpk1994.

I received a rebuttal from a poster I respect and learned from that rebuttal. End of story as far as your concerned cpk1994.But Smacktalkie asked a question about twitter. I simply answered it by saying how it came up. You are the one who blew it out of proportion. What good is a forum if you aren't allowed to answer other poster's questions?

MOBB DEEP
06-22-2009, 05:09 PM

ras, yeah that was my sarcastic respons eto his interview....altho i actualy liked what he said (believe it or not cpk) i didnt like the tone of some poster's on this thread; appearing to be happy some "important" player in this drama was blasting favre

btw, i cant remeber what thread it wwas but i blieve i responded somewhat rude to one of your posts addressing the favre-to-vikings issue because i THOUGHT u were dissn lord favre. thus, i apologize. i realize you're one of the most insightful posters around since JSO

whats your predicted order?
in division that is

im thinkn vikes, pack, bears with both vikes and bears makn playoffs

but my boys keep sayn minny, chi, gb with only vikes going to playoffs

dont be scared...lol

Gunakor
06-22-2009, 05:13 PM

ras, yeah that was my sarcastic respons eto his interview....altho i actualy liked what he said (believe it or not cpk) i didnt like the tone of some poster's on this thread; appearing to be happy some "important" player in this drama was blasting favre

btw, i cant remeber what thread it wwas but i blieve i responded somewhat rude to one of your posts addressing the favre-to-vikings issue because i THOUGHT u were dissn lord favre. thus, i apologize. i realize you're one of the most insightful posters around since JSO

whats your predicted order?
in division that is

im thinkn vikes, pack, bears with both vikes and bears makn playoffs

but my boys keep sayn minny, chi, gb with only vikes going to playoffs

dont be scared...lol

There's a chance all 3 teams make the playoffs, depending on how things shake up in the east. All 3 teams could finish the season with 10 or more wins. If, say, Dallas struggles out of the gate without TO, or Washington struggles after Clinton Portis gets injured (it's going to happen), or Westbrook can't stay healthy while McNabb is being benched in Philly, then in that case all 3 of the top teams from the North could get in. On paper they are all there already.

falco
06-22-2009, 06:07 PM

Falco, if you read the archives, which I have, it'll be clear that you seemingly always sound off about how smart and "in tune" you are with what is going on, yet, you were the first one to gripe when the previous owner and moderators tried to stop crap like this. Matter of fact, you griped about everything they tried to do without once (that I can see) ever offering any alternative.

Why don't you either get on board and "help" with the changes, or at the very least quit complaining? You are hurting more than you're helping.

Glad to see you've done your research.

falco
06-22-2009, 06:08 PM

Glad to see you've done your research.

For the record, my only complaint here is with the heavy handed and selective moderation. It seems to be okay to be derogatory and offensive, but any sort of bickering or arguing leads to gestapo style threats.

MOBB DEEP
06-22-2009, 06:45 PM
actually i meant vikes and pack make playoffs......

Harlan Huckleby
06-22-2009, 07:27 PM

I think the Admin has skinbasket confused with me. I feel dirty, I'm going to go take a shower.

I agree with what Skinbasket posted in this thread, mainly because for the life of me I don't see what the problems are. Are people really squabbling so much that it is creating an HPE (Hostile Posting Environment)? I think Administrator may be a bit oversensitive. Perhaps I'm just not reading all the Packer threads where the real reprobates hang out.

Scott Campbell
06-22-2009, 07:42 PM
I think the Admin has skinbasket confused with me.

It's an understandable mistake. You guys are pretty much ideological identical twins.

falco
06-22-2009, 07:53 PM

It's an understandable mistake. You guys are pretty much ideological identical twins.

brings an old classic to mind

http://mlleomphale.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/basket-case-2.jpg

Scott Campbell
06-22-2009, 09:17 PM
For the record, my only complaint here is with the heavy handed and selective moderation. It seems to be okay to be derogatory and offensive, but any sort of bickering or arguing leads to gestapo style threats.

Why can't you guys quit all your griping? The Viking fans seem happy enough with our new direction.

SkinBasket
06-22-2009, 09:19 PM

brings an old classic to mind

http://mlleomphale.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/basket-case-2.jpg

I call dibs on the guy not in the toilet. You snooze you lose Harlan.

Scott Campbell
06-22-2009, 09:29 PM
I think Administrator may be a bit oversensitive.

I can't remember exactly, but I think it's Harlan's turn to lead the refugee migration.

Fritz
06-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Will somebody let me know this time where the refugees are going? When the JSO exodus occurred I found out later, by accident almost.

Or am I just that kid that everybody forgets to tell what is going on?

Wait. Don't answer that.

MOBB DEEP
06-24-2009, 03:50 PM
When the JSO exodus occurred I found out later, by accident almost.

lol, me too....thank god harvey read my post/plea of inquiry about the gangs whereabouts

SnakeLH2006
06-27-2009, 12:59 AM
Really not trying to defend Brett...but who the fuck is Ray Edwards? Really...who cares?

Separate lockers...sobeit...dude is 40..so of course he doesn't want to see a bunch of posers bumping rap music (although most don't know..Snake has over 10,000 rap CDs...I know my shit, but has 0 relavence on PR, so I don't talk about it), wanting attention, etc. He doesn't fit in anymore, but just wants to play. Leave him be. I don't see that as a prob.

Let his game speak for itself, as it's all hearsay, or he-said-she-said..but to go on record makes that dude look stupid. To give props to your homeboy TJack is stupid as Brett (even old) makes that team better.

Go fuck your Iphone and Twitter yourself Ray....Not defending Brett, but dude wants to play, but is eons from the same locker room shit with a bunch of young bucks bumping shitty music from that little troll Lil' Wayne. I'd be in the same boat. Give him some space. Tjack..? Oh Jesus, just fuckin' please. :roll:

Fritz
06-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Snakey, from what our Rats Viking friends seem to be saying, Ray Edwards is not highly regarded. One of those guys that likes to run his mouth but is a mediocre player.

So - let Brett play, Ray Edwards. No one's really taking you seriously, Mr. back-up.

prsnfoto
06-27-2009, 06:01 PM
I've always thought that locker gift from TT was a backhanded slap in the face, as if to tell him that he was never really part of the team anyway.

I hope you are wrong which is normal, cause if it is true he is truly a cocksucker like you and has no place being GM of this team or any high school team for that matter.

Rastak
06-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Snakey, from what our Rats Viking friends seem to be saying, Ray Edwards is not highly regarded. One of those guys that likes to run his mouth but is a mediocre player.

So - let Brett play, Ray Edwards. No one's really taking you seriously, Mr. back-up.

Actually, he is a starter....he shows flashes of good things but isn't consistent. He does run his mouth and is a confident fellow. I am all for confidence but he shouldn't yap as much as he does.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Really not trying to defend Brett...but who the fuck is Ray Edwards? Really...who cares?

Separate lockers...sobeit...dude is 40..so of course he doesn't want to see a bunch of posers bumping rap music (although most don't know..Snake has over 10,000 rap CDs...I know my shit, but has 0 relavence on PR, so I don't talk about it), wanting attention, etc. He doesn't fit in anymore, but just wants to play. Leave him be. I don't see that as a prob.

Let his game speak for itself, as it's all hearsay, or he-said-she-said..but to go on record makes that dude look stupid. To give props to your homeboy TJack is stupid as Brett (even old) makes that team better.

Go fuck your Iphone and Twitter yourself Ray....Not defending Brett, but dude wants to play, but is eons from the same locker room shit with a bunch of young bucks bumping shitty music from that little troll Lil' Wayne. I'd be in the same boat. Give him some space. Tjack..? Oh Jesus, just fuckin' please. :roll:

Snake,

Take edwards outta the equation..and you have 1 player who needs a separate area. That is bs. Sorry. It is.

Ty already posted the feelings of the jets...and it is clear that it doesn't help foster a team environment.

Please show one example of this in the past. Elway, Montana, etc. Nope.

Your assumption about the music and what brett likes is foolish. If the music is the issue, then they (management can control it).

Should those players who don't like a "bunch of posers bumping rap music" get their own area as well. Why not? What exactly is the "greatness" criteria that allows oneself to get this separate area. Did Brett tone down his music/attitude as a youngster with the Falcons and Packers..nope.

Does probable HOF Hutchinson deserve it? What about feared DE Allen? Hasn't Kleinsasser and 11 year viking vet done enough...quite sure that he is a viking HOF. Pat williams is like 37..what if he likes smooth jazz...is he worthy?

If brett can't relate to the rest of the team in the locker room..then maybe that is a criteria to retire...not to make brett and the rest of the team.

The vikings are a team...not a lead singer and his band.

gex
06-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Does anyone even know the real story about the separate locker area?...Article or Links, please.
Did he have 1 in the main lockerroom AND 1 alone.
If so, by whose request?
Or is this just another story that starts as this,
"He sat alone in a separate area for a few minutes each day to gather himself/study/make a phone call,ect...."
and balloons into, "he had his own lockerroom in a separate building secured by armed guards"
What the real reason/truth to this story?

Fred's Slacks
06-28-2009, 01:45 PM

I hope you are wrong which is normal, cause if it is true he is truly a cocksucker like you and has no place being GM of this team or any high school team for that matter.

A GM of a high school team? :lol:

I'm not creative enough, but somebody has to be able to come up with an amusing story of TT trying to recruit kids for his HS team. Fritz?

Scott Campbell
06-28-2009, 02:32 PM

A GM of a high school team? :lol:

I'm not creative enough, but somebody has to be able to come up with an amusing story of TT trying to recruit kids for his HS team. Fritz?

He can't tie his shoes or say the alphabet either. :lol:

pbmax
06-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Judd Zulgad-Star Tribune (http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2988)

Covering Favre for two seasons with the Packers, my sense was he had his own area because he didn’t want to deal with the media during access periods. Favre did have a locker in the main room with the Packers and Jets but in Green Bay, at least, the media rarely saw him at that spot.

Kevin Seifert - ESPN NFC North Blog (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-12-77/The-issue-of-Favre-s--personal--locker-room.html)

Favre had a locker assigned in the Jets' primary locker room but he actually used a nearby office.

Favre Teammates: A Summary of Wire Reports (Not Original Source) (http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/playbook/20090102_Teammates_taking_shots_at_Favre.html)

One of the players, quoted anonymously, told Newsday that when Favre was at the team's practice facility, he spent his down time isolated in an office specially designated for him.

Newsday Article Reprinted at JSO (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/36986889.html)

woodbuck27
07-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Jerry Rice thinks Favre experiment could "backfire"

Posted by Mike Florio on July 8, 2009 8:29 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/08/jerry-rice-thinks-favre-experiment-could-backfire/

MOBB DEEP
07-13-2009, 12:46 PM

cant blieve ur dissn lil wayne

such a bama