PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite dark horse to make the team?

Tony Oday
07-19-2006, 12:24 AM
I want Martin to make it.

Deputy Nutz
07-19-2006, 12:28 AM
I am thinking, maybe Cleveland, but with starting a 2nd year QB that hardly played last year is making me reconsider.

A more solid pick would have to be the Dolphins, or Kansas City.

CaliforniaCheez
07-19-2006, 01:37 AM

Ingle has a relatively easy chance of making it.

Dark horse candidates are the rookie free agents, and the 6th and 7th round choices.

Campbell is a dark horse. The odds are against him. He would be my pick at this point.

Creepy
07-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Herron is my choice. Played well for a rookie with no real practice time.

MadtownPacker
07-19-2006, 07:13 AM
Tyrone Culver. With the safety spot having Collins, Manuel, Roman and Underwood it is a long shot for him to make the roster but he was the QB of the Fresno State D for the last 2 season. He has what it takes.

falco
07-19-2006, 06:43 PM

Ingle has a relatively easy chance of making it.

Dark horse candidates are the rookie free agents, and the 6th and 7th round choices.

Campbell is a dark horse. The odds are against him. He would be my pick at this point.

I'm pretty sure he meant Ruvell Martin. But thanks for enlightening us.

Fosco33
07-19-2006, 06:54 PM

I'd say he's a near lock. We need someone who's 'healthy' back there.

Anyone think the Saints will cut Bennett? During FA, he mentioned the Pack as one of two teams (other being the Cards) as places he'd like to play (for obvious reason of being back in WI).

Personally, I'd love it - having played him in high school, watching in college. He's got the speed needed for ZBS.

My dark horse is Jolly.

Creepy
07-19-2006, 07:18 PM
The only locks in the RB job are Gado & Henderson. Gado ran to well last year and Henderson is one of the best receiving FBs in the league, ala Tom Rathman.

Green/Henderson are returning from injuries, Leach, Herron, Williams (?) are trying to make the team. Gado runs well he wil be featured at the start. Green will come on as he gets better, if Herron plays well then Davenport will be playing Leach for the other FB/HB slot. PLay in the pre-season will settle this, but Green may be carried into the season and used lightly till fully recovered.

Herron I like because he decided to leave Pittsburgh last year to play in GB. He copuld have rode the practice squad and got a ring, but his wanting to play overshadowed a ring. For this I like him as he sounds unselfish and willing to give his all for the team. Not many players like that, with eneough GB could be mroe dangerous this year. We have already seen what selfish players can do to a team.

Fosco33
07-19-2006, 08:04 PM
The only locks in the RB job are Gado & Henderson. Gado ran to well last year and Henderson is one of the best receiving FBs in the league, ala Tom Rathman.

Green/Henderson are returning from injuries, Leach, Herron, Williams (?) are trying to make the team. Gado runs well he wil be featured at the start. Green will come on as he gets better, if Herron plays well then Davenport will be playing Leach for the other FB/HB slot. PLay in the pre-season will settle this, but Green may be carried into the season and used lightly till fully recovered.

Herron I like because he decided to leave Pittsburgh last year to play in GB. He copuld have rode the practice squad and got a ring, but his wanting to play overshadowed a ring. For this I like him as he sounds unselfish and willing to give his all for the team. Not many players like that, with eneough GB could be mroe dangerous this year. We have already seen what selfish players can do to a team.

I may be the only Gado hater of this group. He is also coming from an injury and fumbled way too much. He also admitted during OTAs that he's struggling to pick up the ZBS plays (which he struggled w/ during college as well).

Green is over the hill - he may be able to put up 800 yrd and 4 TDs but is not an every down back anymore.

Big Will is solid and will be a good leader/teacher this year.

Davenpoop and Herron will make the squad (along w/ Gado).

IMO, w/ 2-3 injury proned backs - the Packers need to bring a 5th RB into the season - I know crazy but we didn't shop in FA or draft a starter.

Only time will tell.

Bossman641
07-19-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm not a Gado hater but I definitely have my concerns about him. His fumbling problem was terrible last year, and I could not deal with that for a whole season. My only sense of relief is that he appears to be such a hard worker. Hopefully with enough reps and concentration he can figure out his fumbling and the zone-blocking.

I'm still holding out hope that Green can return to form but honestly have no idea what to expect from him. If Green turns out to be worthless who is gonna be our 3rd down back?

Gado doesn't seem to have the blocking ability or quickness to fit that role.
Davenport isn't nimble enough.
Herron has some experience in the passing game coming from Northwestern but I wasn't all that impressed with him last year.

RashanGary
07-19-2006, 10:20 PM
The FB, I think his name is Brown. I think he's got a real chance.

Fosco33
08-20-2006, 10:59 AM

I'd say he's a near lock. We need someone who's 'healthy' back there.

Anyone think the Saints will cut Bennett? During FA, he mentioned the Pack as one of two teams (other being the Cards) as places he'd like to play (for obvious reason of being back in WI).

Personally, I'd love it - having played him in high school, watching in college. He's got the speed needed for ZBS.

My dark horse is Jolly.

A bump for Jolly's INT last night. Does anyone think he has a shot to make the cut? :mrgreen:

We need a green giant on our DLine.

BallHawk
08-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Arli$$$$ Beach.

MadtownPacker
08-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Dont even bring up this thread without pointing out my Culver prediction. I saw this guy for a few years at FSU (not that one) and I knew he has what it takes. Hell he might end up starting a few games the way things are going right now.

Fosco33
08-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Dont even bring up this thread without pointing out my Culver prediction. I saw this guy for a few years at FSU (not that one) and I knew he has what it takes. Hell he might end up starting a few games the way things are going right now.

Good point - nice call MTP!

I hope we don't get too drunk on this Koolaid - but there were many positives from this game - the emergence of Culver among those.

esoxx
08-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Great call on Culver mad. I was just reading this thread for the first time and I thought it was recent. I'm thinking "yeah, who doesn't think Culver will make it now?" Then, I see the date from mid-July! Big ups to you on this call mad!!!!

esoxx
08-20-2006, 11:15 AM
He was out of position on that TD pass but that's what pre-season and rookie mistakes are about. Do it now in the pre-season when it doesn't count and can be used as a teaching tool to improve even more.

MadtownPacker
08-20-2006, 11:20 AM
OK I admit I was being a homer but when I saw TT drafted him I knew he would make it.

Patler
08-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Atlas Herrion. (Sorry, I guess that was last year!)

This year - Josh Bourke. Nondrafted free agent from a Division II school (Garden Valley State). Didn't seem to have much of a shot for anything but practice squad when signed, with Clifton, Tauscher, Klemm, Barry, and Moll all ahead of him at the time, not to mention Whitticker and even Coston as possible tackles. Injuries to some, poor play by others might give him a shot at the 53 man roster.

vince
08-20-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm on the Arli$$ Beach bandwagon after seeing a few shining moments last night.

GBRulz
08-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Zac Alcorn..... I think he shows more promise than we're going to see out of D. Martin.

GrnBay007
08-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Zac Alcorn..... I think he shows more promise than we're going to see out of D. Martin.

lil EC don't hurt either, right GBR? :razz:

GBRulz
08-20-2006, 11:46 AM
no doubt he certainly gives tight ends a good name :lol:

http://images.packers.com/images/headshots/alcorn_zac.jpg

ahaha
08-20-2006, 12:07 PM
C'mon ladies, who needs a ruggedly good looking man when you can have all this?
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/apr06/spitz0429.jpg

Jason Spitz is a true catch. Look at him, he's brimming with life, laughter, and a radiant, rolly-polly charm.

Drop the Zero, and getch yoself a Hero.

GrnBay007
08-20-2006, 12:09 PM
LOL the poor guy!! How did they ever allow that pic to go public?

Patler
08-20-2006, 12:13 PM
One article implied that Spitz is a light-hearted, fun-loving, kind of goofy guy who likes to clown it up off the field; and a hard-nosed, tough guy on the field. The grin lloks like your typical 10 year old posing for a picture!

retailguy
08-20-2006, 12:15 PM

My dark horse is Jolly.

Bennett was traded to Kansas City to back up Larry Johnson. That tells me that Priest Holmes is probably finished.

So, no, he won't be cut. Besides he's no better from the injury perspective than Davenport..... and I like both of them....

Patler
08-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Back to the subject of the thread.
The Packers have three nondrafted rookie FAs who have legitimate shots at making the team. Beach, Bourke and Alcorn, probably in that order could have their dreams fulfilled.

retailguy
08-20-2006, 12:18 PM
What about Tra Boger at safety? He's played pretty well, is definitely a project, but with Underwood down, maybe he gets the final spot?

ahaha
08-20-2006, 12:26 PM
How about Dave Toffefson? The coaches say he has some pass-rushing skills. If he could display some of that in these games he might beat out Peterson as a fourth DE. The pack could use a situational pass rusher.

Patler
08-20-2006, 12:36 PM
How about Dave Toffefson? The coaches say he has some pass-rushing skills. If he could display some of that in these games he might beat out Peterson as a fourth DE. The pack could use a situational pass rusher.

I think Tollefson is more likely a practice squad guy, to see if his pass rush skills can be developed.

Patler
08-20-2006, 12:39 PM
What about Tra Boger at safety? He's played pretty well, is definitely a project, but with Underwood down, maybe he gets the final spot?

Good point about Boger. If they keep four safeties it come down to a choice between Boger and Bigby, and Bigby has been injured off and on.

Joemailman
08-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Arliss Beach. In my training camp report on Wednesday, I said Gado had some nice runs. Actually, it was Arliss Beach, not Gado. He followed that up last night. Of the backs who have played so far, Beach seems to have the best understanding of how to run behind zone blocking.

woodbuck27
08-20-2006, 01:20 PM

*** dark horse below

S Tyrone Culver was a Great choice for Ted Thompson. He'll make OUR 53 -Man Roster. He had two v. solid preseason games, leading OUR "D" in tackles, and with Marviel Undewood gone for the season, Culver's in. Great for him and us.

Nice call Mad.

I'm pulling for punter Jon Ryan. That drop in the end zone last night, some say "hurt him" but he's athletic and did recover and get off a 45 yard punt. Alot of people are concerned with his hang time and time to deliver the punt. Those problems will be dealt with by coaching and hard work. Ted Thompson went with Dave Rayner and for similiar reasons or upside, I hope TT will go with Jon Ryan.

The other prospect I'm pulling for is FA WR Ruvell Martin. He's been solid has worked very hard ,shown consistency in the results of his work ethic and deserves a Roster spot.

*** My dark horse is DT Johnny Jolly ( 6'-3" 317 lbs.). ***

Good leadership background and he seems to be coming on. Most likely a PS candidate.

Arliss Beach was a real surprise for us last night. What will he do next weekend? We can't toss RB's without a careful assessment. Too many concerns with RB's coming off injury or injury proneness. Behind an unproven OL OUR RB's may suffer adversity. Beach is listed at 5'- 10' at a v.solid 219 lbs.

Anyone? Did Arliss Beach look quick? Can he cut fast?

GO PACKERS ! FAITH FOR 2006 !!

Fosco33
08-20-2006, 01:27 PM

My dark horse is Jolly.

Bennett was traded to Kansas City to back up Larry Johnson. That tells me that Priest Holmes is probably finished.

So, no, he won't be cut. Besides he's no better from the injury perspective than Davenport..... and I like both of them....

I know. My post was well before TC started (mid July) - either way I had a feeling that his stay in NO would be short.

woodbuck27
08-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Arliss Beach. In my training camp report on Wednesday, I said Gado had some nice runs. Actually, it was Arliss Beach, not Gado. He followed that up last night. Of the backs who have played so far, Beach seems to have the best understanding of how to run behind zone blocking.

Nice clarification/correction Joemailman.

Looking forward to more positives on Beach in TC, and seeing what Beach does Vs. the Bengals.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD FOR FAITH in 2006 !!

mmmdk
08-20-2006, 01:43 PM
I'd have to bet on Ruvell Martin. Thing is, Gardner & Boe have been no shows this preseason. R.Martin can even hold (for kicker). I't Driver, Jennings, Ferguson, R.Martin & either C.Rodgers (big if) or Gardner. I say; Packer will keep 6 RBs...that would add a surprise too. It's Green, Gado, Davenport, Arliss Beach, Henderson & Herron. Solid group - if nothing else!

Joemailman
08-20-2006, 05:07 PM

One Word: Beer :lol:

woodbuck27
08-20-2006, 05:20 PM

Jason Spitz is a true catch. Look at him, he's brimming with life, laughter, and a radiant, rolly-polly charm.

Really cute baby!

Really bad hair days!!

woodbuck27
08-20-2006, 05:24 PM
I'd have to bet on Ruvell Martin. Thing is, Gardner & Boe have been no shows this preseason. R.Martin can even hold (for kicker). I't Driver, Jennings, Ferguson, R.Martin & either C.Rodgers (big if) or Gardner. I say; Packer will keep 6 RBs...that would add a surprise too. It's Green, Gado, Davenport, Arliss Beach, Henderson & Herron. Solid group - if nothing else!

Hey!!

I hope that's you Ted THOMPSON.

GO PACKERS ! FOR THE VERY BEST - 53 MAN ROSTER !!

pack4to84
08-20-2006, 06:57 PM
my pick is Jason Hunter DE
He reminds me of a young KGB. He caused both of Montgomery sacks last night. His rush on the outside caused the QB to step up and Montgomery got the sack.

Signed by Green Bay as a non-drafted free agent on May 5, 2006

Bretsky
08-20-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm on the Arli$$ Beach bandwagon after seeing a few shining moments last night.

SOMEBODY STARTED A FLIPPING COLE TRAIN W/O AN ENGINE

NOW SOMEBODY NEEDS TO START THE BEACH WAGON !!!

GrnBay007
08-20-2006, 08:23 PM

One Word: Beer :lol:

Joe, I think your "go postal" rat ranking fits your new avatar. He looks like he went postal ........in a crazy, happy sort of way! :razz:

the_idle_threat
08-21-2006, 01:31 AM

Looks like my driver's license picture. :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
08-21-2006, 01:35 AM

lil EC don't hurt either, right GBR? :razz:

+

no doubt he certainly gives tight ends a good name :lol:

http://images.packers.com/images/headshots/alcorn_zac.jpg

=

Alcorn, probably ... could have [his] dreams fulfilled.

:D

hawaii50
08-21-2006, 02:57 AM
Anyone? Did Arliss Beach look quick? Can he cut fast?

GO PACKERS ! FAITH FOR 2006 !!

He hit the holes quickly and ran downhill, he looked like a natural fit for the offense. When davenport gets the ball he kind of trods for the first few yards, same with herron...when beach got the ball you could tell it was a different rb b/c he hit the line hard. he looked good on saturday, but we'll see if he's consistent next week.

i also like jason hunter and ruvell martin as guys i'm pulling for to make the team. and was it just me or did #59 tracy white make a lot of plays in the 4th quarter?! I didn't see last week's game, but i heard that he made some plays last week as well. anybody else notice his play?

the_idle_threat
08-21-2006, 04:04 AM
Welcome to the forum, hawaii50!

I agree that Beach looked like the best of the bunch at RB on Saturday. If he keeps it up, I'd like him to win the top backup job over any of the other guys we have in camp right now.

Missed most of the 4th quarter ... so I can't comment on Tracy White.

SkinBasket
08-21-2006, 06:45 AM
He reminds me of a young KGB. He caused both of Montgomery sacks last night. His rush on the outside caused the QB to step up and Montgomery got the sack.

Hunter shouldn't even be in camp. We've got one skill deficient, one-dimensional DE in KGB. Why would we want two? You've made it clear you tremendously overvalue KGB's value to this team, though, so I guess this isn't a surprise.

and was it just me or did #59 tracy white make a lot of plays in the 4th quarter?! I didn't see last week's game, but i heard that he made some plays last week as well. anybody else notice his play?

I thought White actually looked better in the SD game. He's looked good in both games, even if it was against 2nd-4th string players. But being involved in so many plays counts for something. I'm not sure if he's a dark horse though, with his experience coming in.

I like Boger as the dark horse. I thought he played a lot better than several of our DBs against SD. He was aggesive and controlled. If nothing else, he'll certainly make a ST contribution.

pack4to84
08-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Hunter shouldn't even be in camp. We've got one skill deficient, one-dimensional DE in KGB. Why would we want two? You've made it clear you tremendously overvalue KGB's value to this team, though, so I guess this isn't a surprise.
But speed burns at DE and Hunter has it. He has shown enough talent to keep and eye on the rest of the preseason.

SkinBasket
08-25-2006, 07:20 AM
But speed burns at DE and Hunter has it. He has shown enough talent to keep and eye on the rest of the preseason.

If that's all it took, we would line up ex-track guys at DE - and they would probably look identicle to Hunter. Unfortunatately, no matter how many heartwarming stories JSO does about him, he's still ineffective, lacks ANY kind of technique - hand, foot, or balance, and is a bigger detriment to the denfense than he is a contributor when he's completely taken out of just about every play he's on the field. You can say, "well he batted down that pass." Well, that was because, once again, he was being manhandled half a county away from the QB. One batted pass in extensive time in two games against 2nd-4th string OLs is not production.

Fritz
08-25-2006, 08:14 AM
I'd like to see the Pack trade in Kenny Peterson for Johnny Jolly. It's a much better name.

GoPack06
08-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Brett Favre. Come on this kid had potenital.

Partial
08-25-2006, 09:29 AM

and was it just me or did #59 tracy white make a lot of plays in the 4th quarter?! I didn't see last week's game, but i heard that he made some plays last week as well. anybody else notice his play?

I thought White actually looked better in the SD game. He's looked good in both games, even if it was against 2nd-4th string players. But being involved in so many plays counts for something. I'm not sure if he's a dark horse though, with his experience coming in.

I like Boger as the dark horse. I thought he played a lot better than several of our DBs against SD. He was aggesive and controlled. If nothing else, he'll certainly make a ST contribution.

So Line Hunter up on the other side and put Kampman at Tackle. Send the heat. KGB is no where near as fast as Hunter.

Partial
08-25-2006, 09:31 AM

If that's all it took, we would line up ex-track guys at DE - and they would probably look identicle to Hunter. Unfortunatately, no matter how many heartwarming stories JSO does about him, he's still ineffective, lacks ANY kind of technique - hand, foot, or balance, and is a bigger detriment to the denfense than he is a contributor when he's completely taken out of just about every play he's on the field. You can say, "well he batted down that pass." Well, that was because, once again, he was being manhandled half a county away from the QB. One batted pass in extensive time in two games against 2nd-4th string OLs is not production.

Balogna, people said the same thing about KGB. Spent a year on the practice squad, and came out with double-digit sacks. I think if you put this guy on the practice squad he gets snatched up. I say let him practice for a year and situational rush and special teams, from there, we'll see what happens.

SkinBasket
08-25-2006, 10:22 AM
So Line Hunter up on the other side and put Kampman at Tackle. Send the heat. KGB is no where near as fast as Hunter.

Great idea. Then watch as the opposing team gains 395 yards rushing the ball to either side of the field because our DEs are being blocked 10-15 yards behind the line of scrimmage and have left both sides wide open. Speed rushers are specialists because they lack the ability to stop the run and hold the corners. We're already paying one speed rush "specialist" obscene money. Why the hell would we pick up another one? If you want speed off the edge, you bring a LB or a safety or a CB. You don't give up both sides of the line using two one trick pony DEs.

Partial
08-25-2006, 10:41 AM

Great idea. Then watch as the opposing team gains 395 yards rushing the ball to either side of the field because our DEs are being blocked 10-15 yards behind the line of scrimmage and have left both sides wide open. Speed rushers are specialists because they lack the ability to stop the run and hold the corners. We're already paying one speed rush "specialist" obscene money. Why the hell would we pick up another one? If you want speed off the edge, you bring a LB or a safety or a CB. You don't give up both sides of the line using two one trick pony DEs.

I meant for 3rd downs. I wouldn't even line KGB up on anything except 3rd downs. I say play Cullin Jenkins or Montgomery 1st and 2nd.

SkinBasket
08-25-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm just saying, until KGB is gone (it seems that day will never, ever come), there's no way we can afford to carry ANOTHER one dimensional DE on the roster. Especially one that hasn't shown anything in the preseaon except an unbelievable ability to be stymied on every play.

pack4to84
09-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

He will make the team now noway he gets cut.

pack4to84
09-01-2006, 06:38 PM
SkinBasket wrote
looks like I was right.

Joemailman
09-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

He will make the team now noway he gets cut.

Good call. I said Beach, so I think I have a shot.

Brohm
09-01-2006, 07:01 PM
I think there will be a lot of "darkhorses" making the team. Too many holes and lack of depth + change in blocking scheme = loads of turnover this year.

Hunter, Tollefson, Beach, Herron, Jolly, R. Martin etc.

Given we won't be competing for a SB we should get some young blood in there.

RB: Green, Beach Herron
FB: Henderson, Leach (Herron could be tweener and add FA to RB/FB)

Some that I think will be gone:

Davenport (Injury-prone, not great fit for scheme)
Gado (Great story, but not making any yards)
Peterson (Never on the field, give Jolly a try)
Horton (Keep Hawkins for potential over what Horton currently brings)
C. Rodgers (play speaks for itself...)

Wouldn't mind seeing some last minute trades as these are all NFL calibre back-ups, just not good in our system (or need change of venue).

MJZiggy
09-01-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm still hoping for R. Martin. I think he has a good shot at it. We will know in 24 hours. I don't think that any of these guys are going to sleep tonight.

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2006, 07:08 PM
I agree with a lot of that. I'd be mildly surprised if the Packers don't find somebody else to replace Vonta Leach. He's just not a good fit for this scheme. He has to be able to catch the ball.

I'd still take Gado over Beach. Just too much potential to give up on. I think Da Poop is the odd man out.

Joemailman
09-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Harvey,

I think Herron will be the backup FB. I don't think you need two pure FB's in this offense. Gado will make it. He actually had a couple nice runs later in the game. he got shut down when Tennessee still had some starters in against our 2nd and 3rd team OL.

woodbuck27
09-01-2006, 07:37 PM

:idea: ME TOO Tony Oday. :idea:

He's made the Team on merit BIG TIME... now will Ted allow that?

woodbuck27
09-01-2006, 07:44 PM
I agree with a lot of that. I'd be mildly surprised if the Packers don't find somebody else to replace Vonta Leach. He's just not a good fit for this scheme. He has to be able to catch the ball.

I'd still take Gado over Beach. Just too much potential to give up on. I think Da Poop is the odd man out.

Davenport didn't play badly Vs. the Titans but Noah Herron was vert good today, and has put an exclamation mark on the words Made it ...

Players like him and Ruvell Martin are the future and a fit with other decisiond ie Raynor and Ryan.

I wouldn't want to have to be the GM to decide to cut Davenport but he should have stepped up when asked to try a turn at FB..ala Gado "Team Player " did.

That hurt Davenport as a -ve in my sight.

Soon we'll see where Ted Thompson's head is !! :mrgreen:

The BEST 53 Man... Ted !

CaliforniaCheez
09-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Aaron Rodgers. I know he might be third string but he can't pass, is unaware of down and distance, has never run a 2 minute drill correctly and looks a his "orientation" is yet to be determined, but I don't think Ted Thompson will cut the rat eyed weasel baseball cap wearing slope shouldered ineffective fool without getting some sort of trade value.

Rodgers just plain can't cut it in the NFL. Thompson blew it.

swede
09-01-2006, 11:00 PM
I'd like to see Gardner and Cory Rodgers gone and Ruvell Martin and Brewster in. (I know Brewster fumbled a punt, but he kept his composure and contributed.)

As far as rb I think it is time for Davenport to go. I think TT gave him loads of time to establish himself and he hasn't done it.

Green, Herron, Beach.

flipnout91
09-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Aaron Rodgers. I know he might be third string but he can't pass, is unaware of down and distance, has never run a 2 minute drill correctly and looks a his "orientation" is yet to be determined, but I don't think Ted Thompson will cut the rat eyed weasel baseball cap wearing slope shouldered ineffective fool without getting some sort of trade value.

Rodgers just plain can't cut it in the NFL. Thompson blew it. I think he is coming a long fine..............

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Quote of the Day: Ruvell Martin about being shocked to be put in as a punt returner and Gardner giving him a hard time about it.

"He said I looked scared out there, but I looked at the video and I was cool as the other side of the pillow."

retailguy
09-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Quote of the Day: Ruvell Martin about being shocked to be put in as a punt returner and Gardner giving him a hard time about it.

"He said I looked scared out there, but I looked at the video and I was cool as the other side of the pillow."

Now thats a good quote.... :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 01:52 PM
I just found a better one: Ahmad Carroll when asked why he and DD were going to bed tonight thinking about the Bears

"I got a problem with the media; y'all be asking some of the DUMBEST questions..."

retailguy
09-02-2006, 01:58 PM
I just found a better one: Ahmad Carroll when asked why he and DD were going to bed tonight thinking about the Bears

"I got a problem with the media; y'all be asking some of the DUMBEST questions..."

Nah, the other one was better...

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 02:16 PM
I like the Carroll one because it took him many seconds to compose himself before saying that and the whole time he's standing there shaking his head about it, the reporter is backpedaling trying unsuccessfully to sound like less of a moron. You're right though. Ruvell gave a great interview and that was a very nice way to finish it.

Fosco33
09-05-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm glad they kept Jolly over Peterson - keep them young and healthy. The kid is gonna be a good pick when all is said and done.