PDA

View Full Version : Where do the Favre lovers stand on Favre being a Viking?

Pages : 1 [2]

cpk1994
06-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Ras I respect your thinking as to warming up to the idea, and your points are good. At the same time, I respectfully disagree in that I think that those attributes are not all Favre brings. Those attributes alone would make a quarterback a game manager - and I think that's exactly what Minnesota could use. But that's not all Favre brings. He brings spectacular, unexpected plays, but he also - more and more, to me - brings boneheaded decisions.

I am of the mind he needs a strong coach to keep him from going off the deep end. I don't get the impression Childress is that guy, any more than Sherman was. Sherman's luck was that he had Favre at a time when the guy had experience but could still sling the ball. Not sure if Chilly gets part B with a 39 year old Favre.

But you could be right - if Favre stays within himself (I love that phrase - no existential out of body experiences!) this could be a tough team.

Actually Chilly WILL yank guys when they don't take care of the ball...plus, his offense is rather rigid, to a fault actually. Would Chilly yank a dude of Favre's stature? I think so but I could be wrong.Sherman was the same way, except towards Favre. So I think you will probably be wrong.

MJZiggy
06-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Oh my god I misspelled a word. Thank god we have you around to correct us. Piss off.

You DO still need me!!! :hrt: :hug:

SnakeLH2006
06-27-2009, 12:27 AM
We had a bunch of the Packers first people answer in the last one. Where do the "kinda/sorta not really" Packer fans stand?

What's yo deal yo, JH? You used to be a great PR poster. Who pissed in your Cheerios?...Obviously Brett did, else you wouldn't slam every Favre topic/or make up absurd ones like this. How 'dem Cheerios taste?

Scott Campbell
06-27-2009, 09:31 AM
We had a bunch of the Packers first people answer in the last one. Where do the "kinda/sorta not really" Packer fans stand?

What's yo deal yo, JH? You used to be a great PR poster. Who pissed in your Cheerios?...Obviously Brett did, else you wouldn't slam every Favre topic/or make up absurd ones like this. How 'dem Cheerios taste?

Hint to Snake - follow instructions here:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=17888

Packnut
06-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Under the category of ironic:

Am I the only one who notices the correlation of the obsessive ripping Favre members of the forum and Teddy's strongest butt kissers being one in the same?

Now the ironic part is this. These certain posters criticize Favre for not staying retired. Now Favre has admitted for quite a while that IF he won a SB, he could go out like Elway (which I believe is the driving force behind his wanting to play).

Now let's rewind to the 2007 season. Had Thompson not made the boneheaded mistake of blowing the Moss trade, It is more than logical to believe that Moss would have made the difference in the championship game. That 5 wide set would have been un-stoppable in ANY kind of weather. And please spare me the stupid comments about Moss not making a difference. Anyone with ANY understanding of an offense would concede my point.

So, Favre would have won the SB and been gone. The venom these people have for him would be null and void. Yet, it was their hero (TT) that caused their outcry of criticism for Favre still hanging around. Ironic is'nt it??????????????????????????????

pbmax
06-27-2009, 10:39 AM
I don't think Randy is fond enough of Brett to hug him throughout the game to keep him warm, so I am not convinced this would have made the difference. :lol:

But to change one variable on an equation as complex as a football team and claim there would be but two changes: Packers win the Giants game and the Super Bowl, is simplification that cannot be defended.

We have seen big ticket FA signings blow up on teams too frequently to make that assumption. The team went 13-3 and had home field when the Giants upset the Cowboys. That is enough of an outlier of a season that adding Moss could have improved the team and yet the result could be 12-4 and road games in the playoffs.

Its too big of an assumption. Like Logan Mankins, Randy Moss has yet to deliver a Super Bowl on his own.

Scott Campbell
06-27-2009, 10:54 AM

.........And please spare me the stupid comments about Moss not making a difference. Anyone with ANY understanding of an offense would concede my point

............. Ironic is'nt it??????????????????????????????

What I consider ironic is a guy continuing to call other posters stupid after he posted this:

IHarrell is a bust plain and simple. He has contributed NOTHING as the 16th pick in the draft

Any way you slice it, that means BUST. Seriously, how many games was he a force at Tenn? Really, what everyone saw was potential. He flashed moments of domination, but in college that's normal. Truth is, he did'nt play enough for any COMPETENT evaluation to be formed. It is the reason the senior year is crucial.

There are two rules you do not dismiss as a GM. You can get lucky ignoring one or the other but Teddy violated both. He drafted an under-clasman and he drafted an injury riddled player going back to HS.

Once again, Reggie Nelson was sitting there and he was a NEED pick.

The famous "two rules" post - it never gets old.

pbmax
06-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Am I the only one who notices the correlation of the obsessive ripping Favre members of the forum and Teddy's strongest butt kissers being one in the same?
And no its not ironic. Because you take the worst posts of people who have decided to make it personal about Favre with the people who think it was time to move on from Favre.

Then there is a contingent that believe Thompson's plan is a sound one. You then conflate the groups. Because you disagree with both premises, this group becomes monolithic and homogenized. In order to justify posting frustration, you assign the worst qualities of certain members to the group as a whole.

So I take exception to you tired bit of bad logic, it is nothing but denigrating to people with whom you disagree.

As for myself in particular, I think Favre was done earlier this decade. He was committed less and less to the team and more and more to himself. I take exception to a player who cannot commit to offseason work, but wants to play offseason GM. I also think the mulitple and very public retirement considerations were power plays, an announcing of a foreboding future without a Hall of Fame QB. It was a threat to goad the team to abandon long term thinking. Sherman jumped like the rabbit in a magicians hat.

His later career play demonstrated that he did not want to take sacks or hits and instead made inexplicable throws early to protect himself. From a self-preservation standpoint, it makes perfect sense. But its not the way Championship QBs play. Favre used to get crushed during the championship runs, and as he got older, you saw that less and less. His time as a playoff winner was over by the time Thompson took the reigns.

Yes, I know many will disagree, and I will not call you Favre lovers to denigrate your counter arguments. I also will say none of this make Favre a terrible human being. It makes him perfectly normal. None of his demands were outrageous, but it inverts the power structure of a team and puts someone in a position of power who is concerned about one player, rather than the future of the franchise.

As for Thompson, his direction in general makes sense. I think he is smart and I trust him. But by withholding so much money from FA to focus on re-signing their own and keeping the cap healthy, he puts tremendous pressure on his drafting. And it is far from a foregone conclusion that he has drafted well enough.

MJZiggy
06-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Amazing. PB, you've found the one angle to this whole mess that hasn't been beaten to a bloody dead pulp and it idea makes sense.

Packnut
06-27-2009, 11:12 AM

.........And please spare me the stupid comments about Moss not making a difference. Anyone with ANY understanding of an offense would concede my point

What I consider ironic is a guy continuing to call other posters stupid after he posted this:

IHarrell is a bust plain and simple. He has contributed NOTHING as the 16th pick in the draft

Any way you slice it, that means BUST. Seriously, how many games was he a force at Tenn? Really, what everyone saw was potential. He flashed moments of domination, but in college that's normal. Truth is, he did'nt play enough for any COMPETENT evaluation to be formed. It is the reason the senior year is crucial.

There are two rules you do not dismiss as a GM. You can get lucky ignoring one or the other but Teddy violated both. He drafted an under-clasman and he drafted an injury riddled player going back to HS.

This coming from the "King of being wrong". Hell, you've never been right on anything but I admire you working hard to keep that track record going. It must take alot of time and effort into well, you being you!

Packnut
06-27-2009, 11:18 AM
And no its not ironic. Because you take the worst posts of people who have decided to make it personal about Favre with the people who think it was time to move on from Favre.

Then there is a contingent that believe Thompson's plan is a sound one. You then conflate the groups. Because you disagree with both premises, this group becomes monolithic and homogenized. In order to justify posting frustration, you assign the worst qualities of certain members to the group as a whole.

So I take exception to you tired bit of bad logic, it is nothing but denigrating to people with whom you disagree.

As for myself in particular, I think Favre was done earlier this decade. He was committed less and less to the team and more and more to himself. I take exception to a player who cannot commit to offseason work, but wants to play offseason GM. I also think the mulitple and very public retirement considerations were power plays, an announcing of a foreboding future without a Hall of Fame QB. It was a threat to goad the team to abandon long term thinking. Sherman jumped like the rabbit in a magicians hat.

His later career play demonstrated that he did not want to take sacks or hits and instead made inexplicable throws early to protect himself. From a self-preservation standpoint, it makes perfect sense. But its not the way Championship QBs play. Favre used to get crushed during the championship runs, and as he got older, you saw that less and less. His time as a playoff winner was over by the time Thompson took the reigns.

Yes, I know many will disagree, and I will not call you Favre lovers to denigrate your counter arguments. I also will say none of this make Favre a terrible human being. It makes him perfectly normal. None of his demands were outrageous, but it inverts the power structure of a team and puts someone in a position of power who is concerned about one player, rather than the future of the franchise.

As for Thompson, his direction in general makes sense. I think he is smart and I trust him. But by withholding so much money from FA to focus on re-signing their own and keeping the cap healthy, he puts tremendous pressure on his drafting. And it is far from a foregone conclusion that he has drafted well enough.

Your taking what I posted and putting it into the context that you desire. My post was not meant for anyone thinking it was time for Favre to move on. In fact, the post was soley based on the 2007 season NOT AFTER.

Scott Campbell
06-27-2009, 11:24 AM

This coming from the "King of being wrong". Hell, you've never been right on anything but I admire you working hard to keep that track record going. It must take alot of time and effort into well, you being you!

That's correct, I've never been right on anything. :lol:

Though I think I just contradicted myself.

Scott Campbell
06-27-2009, 11:27 AM

......which by the way is the only reason he'll ever have to worry about re-reading his infamous "two rules" post.

The Shadow
06-27-2009, 11:44 AM

Now the ironic part is this. These certain posters criticize Favre for not staying retired. Now Favre has admitted for quite a while that IF he won a SB, he could go out like Elway (which I believe is the driving force behind his wanting to play).

Now let's rewind to the 2007 season. 1.Had Thompson not made the boneheaded mistake of blowing the Moss trade, It is more than logical to believe that Moss would have made the difference in the championship game. That 5 wide set would have been un-stoppable in ANY kind of weather. And please spare me the stupid comments about Moss not making a difference. Anyone with ANY understanding of an offense would concede my point.

2. So, Favre would have won the SB and been gone. The venom these people have for him would be null and void. Yet, it was their hero (TT) that caused their outcry of criticism for Favre still hanging around. 3. Ironic is'nt it??????????????????????????????

1. Ahha! It's Thompson's fault! Moss' presence would have eliminated all Favre's decision-making problems.
2. Well, this is certainly a given!
3. No, it's terribly silly.

ThunderDan
06-27-2009, 01:02 PM
[quote="Packnut"]

Now let's rewind to the 2007 season. Had Thompson not made the boneheaded mistake of blowing the Moss trade, It is more than logical to believe that Moss would have made the difference in the championship game. That 5 wide set would have been un-stoppable in ANY kind of weather. And please spare me the stupid comments about Moss not making a difference. Anyone with ANY understanding of an offense would concede my point.

[\quote]

Other than making a broad statement of "anyone with ANY understanding of an offense would concede my point" how would Randy Moss helped in 2007???

We went 13-3 and lost in the NFC Championship game. Our WR sure didn't blow the championship game. Favre wasn't anywhere near the WRs on his incompletions. Our 5 WR set was damn effective as it was the entire year.

Does three or five unbelievable catches during the whole year win us the Superbowl in 2007? Does that stunt Jennings growth or Jones growth? Do we even have Jones on the team at this point?

pbmax
06-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Now Favre has admitted for quite a while that IF he won a SB, he could go out like Elway (which I believe is the driving force behind his wanting to play).
I also believe Favre has discussed this possibility and has not said he would emulate Elway and walk out on top. If I recall the interview I saw, he covered all four corners of this, and came to a general conclusion that one (SB win) would not be linked to another (retire).

If you can find a different statement, I am open to a different interpretation, but I am not yet convinced a Super Bowl would be the end of his career in 2007.

hoosier
06-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Amazing. PB, you've found the one angle to this whole mess that hasn't been beaten to a bloody dead pulp and it idea makes sense.

x2. Nice post, PB.

woodbuck27
06-27-2009, 02:31 PM

So, Favre would have won the SB and been gone. The venom these people have for him would be null and void. Yet, it was their hero (TT) that caused their outcry of criticism for Favre still hanging around. Ironic is'nt it??????????????????????????????

Can't wait to read the critique on this post.

PACKERS!

woodbuck27
06-27-2009, 02:51 PM
'' by withholding so much money from FA to focus on re-signing their own and keeping the cap healthy, he puts tremendous pressure on his drafting. And it is far from a foregone conclusion that he has drafted well enough. '' pbmax

Yes a fair observation pbmax. TT fans want to make him into some draft guru and the facts in Green Bay leave that very much up in the air.

I was annoyed that TT fell asleep on Randy Moss. What could have been?

The rest?

I cannot disagree with the best part of your post pbmax. It was time for Favre to go. Will that decision come back to bite TT? We'll see this season if Favre joins the Vikings and we measure this teams progress in games Vs the Packers and overall in the NFCN, and possible playoff birth results.

Bottom line and for the short and long term. It really comes back to TT's having to move on so making that decision in itself was hard enough and his decision and /or the Packer managements. So right.

Packers!

Scott Campbell
06-27-2009, 03:05 PM
It was time for Favre to go. Will that decision come back to bite TT?

Ted's decisions on when to part with aging vets have been spot on. Henderson, Green and now Favre.

woodbuck27
06-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Now Favre has admitted for quite a while that IF he won a SB, he could go out like Elway (which I believe is the driving force behind his wanting to play).
I also believe Favre has discussed this possibility and has not said he would emulate Elway and walk out on top. If I recall the interview I saw, he covered all four corners of this, and came to a general conclusion that one (SB win) would not be linked to another (retire).

If you can find a different statement, I am open to a different interpretation, but I am not yet convinced a Super Bowl would be the end of his career in 2007.

Favre has always said the consecutive game starts streak is what he's proudest of among his personal records.

This season he has a shot at both his second Super Bowl and will soon hold the All Time All Position consecutive starts record. Tha last one is amazing in itself and all NFL fans might applaud it? I know I certainly will.

If the Vikings go on to repeat as NFCN champs. The number of Packer fans that hate him may fall. I do believe more Packew fans will jump on board his success if the Vikings go to a Super Bowl.

Personally I'm going to enjoy all the possibilities as Favre decides to play again. The play of our team (The Packers) this season will go a long ways to determining Viking Super Bowl hopes.

It's all exciting. :D

GO PACKERS!

woodbuck27
06-27-2009, 03:14 PM

Ted's decisions on when to part with aging vets have been spot on. Henderson, Green and now Favre.

I believe that Favre makes the Vikings more solid favourites over us to win a Super Bowl Scott. The Vegas odd's will favor the Vikings as a better shot to win this years Super Bowl over what Vegas gives the Packers.

GO PACKERS!

Scott Campbell
06-27-2009, 03:57 PM

I believe that Favre makes the Vikings more solid favourites over us to win a Super Bowl Scott. The Vegas odd's will favor the Vikings as a better shot to win this years Super Bowl over what Vegas gives the Packers.

GO PACKERS!

Perfect. Gotta relish the underdog role.

cpk1994
06-27-2009, 04:01 PM

GO PACKERS!

Perfect. Gotta relish the underdog role.Who the hell cares about Vegas odds?

woodbuck27
06-27-2009, 04:01 PM

GO PACKERS!

Perfect. Gotta relish the underdog role.

The 'silver lining attutude' makes it easier on all.

woodbuck27
06-27-2009, 04:02 PM

GO PACKERS!

Gruuuff! :D

Gunakor
06-27-2009, 07:19 PM
The Vegas odd's will favor the Vikings as a better shot to win this years Super Bowl over what Vegas gives the Packers.

Good. I'm putting my money on the Packers. The lesser the odds they give the Pack the more money I'm gonna make.

Titles aren't won in Vegas.

Cheesehead Craig
06-27-2009, 08:25 PM
The Vikings chance of getting a stadium is almost nil even with Favre, especially since the Gophers got their own stadium and the Twins got one as well. The latter half of your question is the most likely scenario.

The Vikings will get their stadium--with or without Favre. It just won't happen until the legislature feels it has to happen. I HIGHLY doubt the Vikings go anywhere. The Vikings are locked into their lease for three more years, so I expect a stadium gets approved next offseason or the one after that.

With Pawlenty still as governor, the Vikes have virtually no shot at a new stadium as he has said he's not giving them state funding, they need state funding to make it happen as the metropolitan counties won't help out. Hennepin Co is on the hook for the Twins stadium and they are not going to raise taxes for another stadium. The Vikes had a shot with the Anoka Co. deal but pissed that away so they are out. Best news for the Vikes is that T-Paw is not going to seek a re-election so there's a chance they can get a Gov who will allow state funding for a new stadium. So no chance next offseason for any state funding which leaves them hoping they don't crap out on the dice roll with the next governor.

woodbuck27
06-27-2009, 08:40 PM
The Vegas odd's will favor the Vikings as a better shot to win this years Super Bowl over what Vegas gives the Packers.

Good. I'm putting my money on the Packers. The lesser the odds they give the Pack the more money I'm gonna make.

Titles aren't won in Vegas.

:D The point I want to make is that Vikings with Favre is a better Viking team than Vikings without Favre. With Brett Favre as the Viking QB and Adrian Peterson at RB this teams offense will run up the wins by a wide margin in 2009. How teams defend against the Vikings will be a challenge. Then we know the Vikings have a solid 'D'. Favre makes the Vikings a ligitimate Super Bowl contender.

Yes they have to get that done. I'm sure the Packers intend to be an obstacle but I can feel for the excitment for any NFL fan that admires Brett Favre as we await confirmation of his signing with the Minnesota Vikings. I for one am anticipating an awesome season in the NFCN.

Is this the season to see the NFCN rebound as a hoo hum division to one that has tough teams on the field? I hope so as that can only add to our NFL enjoyment and add intrigue to analysis.

GO PACKERS!

Rastak
06-27-2009, 09:00 PM

GO PACKERS!

I would think the people wagering huge amounts of money and the casinos who stand to make a bunch of money on underdog bets that don't pan out....

Place your bet cpk!

ThunderDan
06-27-2009, 09:05 PM
If the Vikings go on to repeat as NFCN champs. The number of Packer fans that hate him may fall. I do believe more Packew fans will jump on board his success if the Vikings go to a Super Bowl.

GO PACKERS!

If the Vikings win the division because of Favre and the Packers don't, I'm not all of sudden going to like "Favre the Viking".

That statement is probably the exact opposite of what will happen. If Favre hurts the Packers during the season, he is going to piss a lot of people off not make them jump on the Viking's bandwagon.

Edited for spelling.

ThunderDan
06-27-2009, 09:06 PM

GO PACKERS!

I would think the people wagering huge amounts of money and the casinos who stand to make a bunch of money on underdog bets that don't pan out....

Place your bet cpk!

Tell that to Buster Douglas and Mike Tyson.

woodbuck27
06-27-2009, 09:20 PM

GO PACKERS!

If the Vikings win the division because of Favre and the Packers don't, I'm not all of sudden going to like "Favre the Viking".

That statement is probably the exact opposite of what will happen. If Favre hurts the Packers during the season, he is going to piss a lot of people off not make them jump on the Viking's bandwagon.

Edited for spelling.

We will see. If any of my teams falter as a fan I always find another to follow right down to the conclusion of a championship. I'm a fan of sports.

If the Packers falter alot of Packer fans will pull for any Viking success. An opinion that's all and not to cause any controversy or argument. :D

GO PACKERS!

ThunderDan
06-27-2009, 09:51 PM

GO PACKERS!

Edited for spelling.

We will see. If any of my teams falter as a fan I always find another to follow right down to the conclusion of a championship. I'm a fan of sports.

If the Packers falter alot of Packer fans will pull for any Viking success. An opinion that's all and not to cause any controversy or argument. :D

GO PACKERS!

I think you completely miss the actual dedication of Packer fans. Even in the 70's and early 80's when wins were hard to come by, the Packers sold every home game out and had a waiting list.

The Vikings make the playoffs last year and have a hard time selling out their game. I would bet a large amount of money very very few Packer fans were rooting for the 86 Bears in the Superbowl.

Fritz
06-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Hated that team. Arrogant bastards.

Once the Packers are long out of it, I watch less football until the playoffs, then have a casual rooting interest in certain teams. But I'm not all rabid about anything - except rooting against certain teams - like the Vikes and Bears, and the Cowboys.

Gunakor
06-28-2009, 10:30 AM

GO PACKERS!

Edited for spelling.

GO PACKERS!

Fairweather fans might. Casual sports fans who are fans of the sport in general might. But you are talking about blasphemy to devout Packer fans. We would never, ever, ever ever ever ever ever pull for any form of Vikings success in the playoffs. Ever. The same holds true 10 years ago as it does 10 years from now, regardless of the names on the back of the jerseys.

Joemailman
06-28-2009, 11:19 AM
There is a big difference between cheering for Brett The Jet to make it to the Super Bowl as opposed to cheering for Brett The Viking. The Vikings are the enemy. The Jets were not. I suppose there would be some who would want Favre to succeed just to spite Thompson. Not a huge number though. Personally, I care more about a guy like Driver getting his first ring than Favre getting his second.

cpk1994
06-28-2009, 06:28 PM

GO PACKERS!

Place your bet cpk!Treu, but that is not why Woody brought it up. He used it to try to show another reason to kiss Favre's ass.

MOBB DEEP
07-04-2009, 05:41 PM

GO PACKERS!

Edited for spelling.

GO PACKERS!

I would bet a large amount of money very very few Packer fans were rooting for the 86 Bears in the Superbowl.

i LOVED that team; sweetness was my idol and i lamented his death more than jacko's....the perception that greenbay was very racist had most folk in the hood i grew up in on the north side of milwaukee supporting other teams....FREE MOSSY CADE AND LOFTON - lol

AtlPackFan
07-06-2009, 10:42 AM

GO PACKERS!

Edited for spelling.

GO PACKERS!

I would bet a large amount of money very very few Packer fans were rooting for the 86 Bears in the Superbowl.

i LOVED that team; sweetness was my idol and i lamented his death more than jacko's....the perception that greenbay was very racist had most folk in the hood i grew up in on the north side of milwaukee supporting other teams....FREE MOSSY CADE AND LOFTON - lol

Sweetness was the exception....a class act and one of the greatest running backs of all times. But I agree with Fritz, I hated that team. Arrogant bastards personified by their coach and QB.

AtlPackFan
07-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Hated that team. Arrogant bastards.

Once the Packers are long out of it, I watch less football until the playoffs, then have a casual rooting interest in certain teams. But I'm not all rabid about anything - except rooting against certain teams - like the Vikes and Bears, and the Cowboys.

Agree whole-heartedly!

mraynrand
07-06-2009, 12:28 PM

GO PACKERS!

Edited for spelling.

GO PACKERS!

Mossy Cade was a good role model. It's unfortunate that racial discrimination in Green Bay destroyed his life.

Pugger
07-06-2009, 12:39 PM
I truly don't understand how some "Packer" fans can root for Favre in purple. These Favre fans think because we hate the thought of BF in purple we hate the man. :shock: Did it ever occur to those Favre fans that many of us feel betrayed because at one time we LOVED him and everything he did for the Packers but are dismayed that he is hell bent on playing for a hated rival??? Don't tell me he only wants to just play football. If this is so, why is MN the ONLY team he is talking to? And don't say he's only sticking it to TT. That may be but he's sticking it to fans too. It is remarkable that he doesn't seem to grasp this aspect of the situation. I find the idea of him playing for MN absolutely revolting in evey way. :P

Deputy Nutz
07-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Maybe MN is the only team talking to Favre.

Rastak
07-06-2009, 12:49 PM
I truly don't understand how some "Packer" fans can root for Favre in purple. These Favre fans think because we hate the thought of BF in purple we hate the man. :shock: Did it ever occur to those Favre fans that many of us feel betrayed because at one time we LOVED him and everything he did for the Packers but are dismayed that he is hell bent on playing for a hated rival??? Don't tell me he only wants to just play football. If this is so, why is MN the ONLY team he is talking to? And don't say he's only sticking it to TT. That may be but he's sticking it to fans too. It is remarkable that he doesn't seem to grasp this aspect of the situation. I find the idea of him playing for MN absolutely revolting in evey way. :P

I'll take a guess as to the bolded stuff.

Perhaps because it's the only team that has an opening at QB, runs an offense that uses the same terminology he is used to and has two coaches that he is familiar with and that team has the cap room and was a playoiff team last year?

Can you name any other teams that fit this? Look, Dr Andrews said in an interview this weekend that he (Favre) just wanted to end his career on a high note. Dr Andrews has no reason to make stuff up.

I'm sure he'd like to stick it to TT as well, you can tell he can't stand the guy.

Look I understand why fans would be pissed but it's his career and he wants to play. He thinks he has a shot to do well and he'll make some cash to boot.

hoosier
07-06-2009, 01:45 PM
"End his career on a high note." That could just mean winning a SB or it could mean something a little more specific to the GB-Minn rivalry. Judging from the speed at which Favre high-tailed it out of NY after the 2008 season, I'm guessing that winning a SB and padding his bank account aren't the only motivations for playing in Minnesota in 2009.

That said, who cares what Favre's motivations are? The only thing that matters is that when he comes to Lambeau field he will be the Vikings QB, and for that reason alone he'll be the enemy.

Jimx29
07-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Don't eliminate the possibility that TT will still sign him for a backup since TT's quality picks over his 4 years here has sucked major ass.

http://i28.tinypic.com/xf6iae.gif

Fritz
07-06-2009, 03:51 PM
"End his career on a high note." That could just mean winning a SB or it could mean something a little more specific to the GB-Minn rivalry. Judging from the speed at which Favre high-tailed it out of NY after the 2008 season, I'm guessing that winning a SB and padding his bank account aren't the only motivations for playing in Minnesota in 2009.

That said, who cares what Favre's motivations are? The only thing that matters is that when he comes to Lambeau field he will be the Vikings QB, and for that reason alone he'll be the enemy.

What if it means he wants to be high at the end of his career?

Oh no!

On a slightly, but only slightly, more serious note: I wonder if Favre would consider the season a success if he starts all 16, gets the Vikes to the playoffs, maybe wins a playoff game, looks good doing so - but the Vikes lose to the Pack twice and Favre's passer rating in each game is around 75. Hmmm.

cpk1994
07-06-2009, 04:34 PM
What if it means he wants to be high at the end of his career?

Then he should just smoke some weed. He can get high with out all the physical abuse. :)

woodbuck27
07-06-2009, 05:24 PM

I feel for you man. I'm experiencing whole sale changes here with the near complete overhaul of the Montreal Canadians. We will lose our captain Saku Koivu of ten years. It appears as if Alex Kovalev is also gone plus Alex Tanguay and Robert Lang. All decent hockey players. Fans are organizing protests over the potential real loss's of such stalwarts. The Habs GM Bob Gainey will soon be on the hot seat.

The fact is that's the nature of Pro sports across the board. $Money$ for what can you do for me now. Now players go on. They find new opportunitys to meet their personal needs or goals. I have come to accept Favre as a man that wants to play and go on to another Super Bowl. End of story. I accept that and with that all the consequences.

It's only sports. :D

woodbuck27
07-06-2009, 05:30 PM

I'll take a guess as to the bolded stuff.

Perhaps because it's the only team that has an opening at QB, runs an offense that uses the same terminology he is used to and has two coaches that he is familiar with and that team has the cap room and was a playoiff team last year?

Can you name any other teams that fit this? Look, Dr Andrews said in an interview this weekend that he (Favre) just wanted to end his career on a high note. Dr Andrews has no reason to make stuff up.

I'm sure he'd like to stick it to TT as well, you can tell he can't stand the guy.

Look I understand why fans would be pissed but it's his career and he wants to play. He thinks he has a shot to do well and he'll make some cash to boot.

and. ,. . he'll do it because 'he can'. It's too simple - too perfect.

MOBB DEEP
07-09-2009, 11:56 AM

GO PACKERS!

Edited for spelling.

GO PACKERS!

Mossy Cade was a good role model. It's unfortunate that racial discrimination in Green Bay destroyed his life.

i know right.....

Freak Out
07-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Free the Aunteater!