PDA

View Full Version : Where do the Favre lovers stand on Favre being a Viking?

Pages : [1] 2

RashanGary
06-19-2009, 05:09 PM
We had a bunch of the Packers first people answer in the last one. Where do the "kinda/sorta not really" Packer fans stand?

Freak Out
06-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Why are you obsessed with this man?

pbmax
06-19-2009, 06:18 PM
And why do we need to keep calling everyone names? I graduated 3rd grade a LONG time ago. I thought I left it behind too.

Joemailman
06-19-2009, 06:23 PM
We had a bunch of the Packers first people answer in the last one. Where do the "kinda/sorta not really" Packer fans stand?

What's the matter? Feeling neglected because no one's called you a dick lately? Any reason why people who didn't respond to the other thread will want to respond to this one?

RashanGary
06-19-2009, 06:24 PM

The FAvre story has been going on for many years. Now is the time we all get to see his true colors. Favre the player should be remembered for what he did on the field. Favre the person should be remembered for drug addiction, adultery, selfishness and dishonesty.

Considering he was such a huge part of this team for so long (credited for every team success and excused for every failure). It always has and always will be a hot topic among Packer fans. I don't ever see myself thinking back on him as a good guy.

Gunakor
06-19-2009, 06:29 PM

The FAvre story has been going on for many years. Now is the time we all get to see his true colors. Favre the player should be remembered for what he did on the field. Favre the person should be remembered for drug addiction, adultery, selfishness and dishonesty.

Considering he was such a huge part of this team for so long (credited for every team success and excused for every failure). It always has and always will be a hot topic among Packer fans. I don't ever see myself thinking back on him as a good guy.

There's plenty of this stuff already here. We don't need another Brett thread just because a few posters didn't respond in the other thread with the same name.

pbmax
06-19-2009, 06:55 PM

Goodnight Irene.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-19-2009, 06:57 PM

Why arent' you? Some kinda fag?

Scott Campbell
06-19-2009, 09:15 PM
I had completely forgotten about Favre until I saw this thread.

Packnut
06-19-2009, 09:36 PM

Geez, I hope someday you grow up! This little kid act of yours is wearing very thin..........

mraynrand
06-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Favre the person should be remembered for drug addiction, adultery, selfishness and dishonesty.

It's as though Howard Zinn was writing the Favre biography.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Favre the person should be remembered for drug addiction, adultery, selfishness and dishonesty.

It's as though Howard Zinn was writing the Favre biography.

Yeah, that would be terrible, actually noting all the facts.

Jimx29
06-20-2009, 01:41 AM
:beat:
http://i43.tinypic.com/rrte6t.gif http://i41.tinypic.com/2vv87ew.gif http://i39.tinypic.com/2mety1l.gif
http://i42.tinypic.com/f9ppo3.gif http://i40.tinypic.com/14n1x8p.gif http://i44.tinypic.com/fcp5x5.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/m7uux2.gif http://i43.tinypic.com/2qj9j5e.jpg http://i43.tinypic.com/j8ehvk.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/2eyug6s.jpg

Lather, Rinse, Repeat....... several times a day if needed

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 01:52 AM

Ohh no! There's that easy to read change-up JH.

'' Favre the person should be remembered for drug addiction, adultery, selfishness and dishonesty. " JH

JH? Do you want to be remember'd for your life as being judgementle? Unforgiving? Ever make a bad error in judgement ? A sad mistake or error?

Scott Campbell
06-20-2009, 08:24 AM
JH? Do you want to be remember'd for your life as being judgementle?

Do you want to be remembered for being a good speller?

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 10:22 AM
When I first saw this thread, I :roll:

Figured it was just another one of JH's ways to attempt to get Favre supporters to speak out and then have the "mob" jump all over them. ...in reality, his way of causing more separation of the forum and eventually leading to anyone supporting Favre to never speak again at PR.

After a day thinking about it, I decided WTF......take me or leave me as a "Packer fan".

I supported Brett Favre from day one. Along with many of you I was angered, frustrated with some of his decisions. But in looking back through the years, I realized he brought me way more enjoyment/happiness as a Packer fan then he ever did frustration. Sorry, I enjoy watching Brett Favre play football.

The Packers decided to move on to their new QB, AR. I wasn't happy about the situation last year but accepted it. And I promise all of you this....there is NO WAY any of you can say you know exactly what went down behind closed doors of the Packer organization. You can spout all this crap about interviews and what the media said and what not, but in the end NO ONE KNOWS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED! Please accept that. Aside from being a Packer fan, it's the intelligent thing to do.

Many of you say a Packer fan can't support Brett Favre now that he's no longer a Packer. I believe that's wrong. I watched every Jets game last year that I was able to, and I also got tickets on the 50 yard line (row 16) last season for my kids and myself to watch the Packers play Houston in Dec.

Seriously, you can be a fan of the game, you can support a specific player and yet you can still be a Packer fan. Anyone that claims that is not so is just a blind, hateful, idiot. And I seriously can't believe I've heard a couple people on this site say that they didn't care even if it was their brother playing QB for the Vikings, they would still cheer against them. Unreal! I'm hoping it was expressed in a Rah, Rah manner, because all in all family means everything. To those that express those feelings I'm wondering if you have ever sat holding the hand of your brother while he takes one of his last breaths of life? This is just an illustration of how ridiculous some of you sound while expressing your dislike/hate of Favre as he moves on with his career. Cheer for him or don't....but let the hate go. All it does is make you look childish and not able to appreciate life and success, but rather dwell in what you cannot change.

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 10:35 AM
You can spout all this crap about interviews and what the media said and what not, but in the end NO ONE KNOWS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED! Please accept that. Aside from being a Packer fan, it's the intelligent thing to do.

Fair enough.

Now, can we come to our own conclusions based on what we DO know happened? I mean, instead of giving the benefit of the doubt based on what we don't know, are we allowed to criticize based on what we do know?

RashanGary
06-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the response.

We have very different perceptions of what went on. There are points where you just can't even go forward and find a common ground. When Favre has done everything in his power to make TT look bad (including a national interview with Greta in which he and Diana's stated goal was to "tell Brett's side" and a conversation with an opposing GM in which Favre gives insight into how to beat the Packers). When those things happen, when he tells his side and you still say he hadn't told his side, when that happens, we just have to agree to disagree.

Brett obviously has meant a lot to you. Hopefully you can find a way to appreciate the good old days without feeling so bitter than you can't bear to hear people who are disappointed in him. I imagine that's a tough place to be, when you're willing to leave a community you've spent this much time in because you just can't hear a contrary opinion.

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 10:43 AM
You can spout all this crap about interviews and what the media said and what not, but in the end NO ONE KNOWS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED! Please accept that. Aside from being a Packer fan, it's the intelligent thing to do.

Fair enough.

Now, can we come to our own conclusions based on what we DO know happened? I mean, instead of giving the benefit of the doubt based on what we don't know, are we allowed to criticize based on what we do know?

Well, you can come to your own conclusions anytime you want. Now, when you say what you DO know....yeah, I would have to question that. Saying what you do know has a direct relation to what you don't know. So really, why not just leave it alone and cheer for the players that are playing for the Packers now? Why do you feel such a need to dog on Favre and how things went down.....when above you agree you most likely don't have all the information?

RashanGary
06-20-2009, 10:54 AM

Let's put all differences aside here. Why do you think Favre set up the Greta interview?

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 11:06 AM
We have very different perceptions of what went on.

You are right. We do have very different perceptions of not only what went on, but how we deal with it. In believing we don't know all the facts, I have chose to support the Packers and Favre. You have chosen to believe speculation and therefore spout your hatred toward Favre.

There are points where you just can't even go forward and find a common ground. When Favre has done everything in his power to make TT look bad (including a national interview with Greta in which he and Diana's stated goal was to "tell Brett's side"and a conversation with an opposing GM in which Favre gives insight into how to beat the Packers).

TT pretty much told his side when he didn't want Favre back. (now, I'm not saying that was right or wrong....but you have to admit, he did make a huge statement)

And as far as the conversation went with the Lions GM, that was never proven and for all we know it was just propaganda during the bitter "divorce"

Brett obviously has meant a lot to you. Hopefully you can find a way to appreciate the good old days without feeling so bitter than you can't bear to hear people who are disappointed in him.

Nice try...lol I'm not bitter and I'm not leaving a community. (bummer, good try though JH!!)

Scott Campbell
06-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Why do you feel such a need to dog on Favre and how things went down.....

Rooting against Favre is like rooting against Nick Bockwinkle. He was once was a face, but then became a heel.

http://images.quizfarm.com/1117490079bockwinkel-nick06.jpg

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 11:08 AM

Fair enough.

Well, you can come to your own conclusions anytime you want. Now, when you say what you DO know....yeah, I would have to question that. Saying what you do know has a direct relation to what you don't know. So really, why not just leave it alone and cheer for the players that are playing for the Packers now? Why do you feel such a need to dog on Favre and how things went down.....when above you agree you most likely don't have all the information?

Of course. Nothing anyone has said since last summer is the truth. Everything is lies. Even what comes out of the horses mouth.

Why do I feel a need to dog Favre? Why does Favre feel a need to go on the Joe Buck show and compare his situation to Vince Lombardi? Why tell the media that the Packers are a dishonest organization? Why admit that you came back partly out of spite - as if anyone could feel any differently this year after that shocking admission?

I feel the need to dog Favre because Favre won't just shut the fuck up and play. I dog him because he IS a diva. He uses the media as a platform to voice his opinion on things he should not be speaking on - you know, like the PACKERS. If he'd just tell the media to go fuck themselves and head out to the practice field to play football, I'd have no reason to dog him. As it is, he can't keep his fucking mouth shut, and I dog him for it. I don't have to know all the facts. I just have to look at what comes out of Favre's mouth for a reason to dog him.

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Your opinion SC. Why don't you peacefully let others express their opinions?

Scott Campbell
06-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Your opinion SC. Why don't you peacefully let others express their opinions?

Am I not disagreeing peacefully enough?

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Of course. Nothing anyone has said since last summer is the truth. Everything is lies. Even what comes out of the horses mouth.

Why do I feel a need to dog Favre? Why does Favre feel a need to go on the Joe Buck show and compare his situation to Vince Lombardi? Why tell the media that the Packers are a dishonest organization? Why admit that you came back partly out of spite - as if anyone could feel any differently this year after that shocking admission?

I feel the need to dog Favre because Favre won't just shut the fuck up and play. I dog him because he IS a diva. He uses the media as a platform to voice his opinion on things he should not be speaking on - you know, like the PACKERS. If he'd just tell the media to go fuck themselves and head out to the practice field to play football, I'd have no reason to dog him. As it is, he can't keep his fucking mouth shut, and I dog him for it. I don't have to know all the facts. I just have to look at what comes out of Favre's mouth for a reason to dog him.

How do you KNOW everything he has said since last summer is lies? See, that's my point....you and nobody here KNOWS.

As for the second part of your post, I guess I could ask you the same. He's no longer a Packer. Why do you feel the need to talk about him so much? He's in the media all the time because of WHO he is. Do you really think he asks for all that? Maybe you should just let things play out.....seems it would be less stressful for you.

Scott Campbell
06-20-2009, 11:23 AM
I imagine some of us are having fun with this. The guy was once a hero. Now he's a villian. It's another good reason to get worked up over football.

I'm not nearly as outraged as I seem.

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 11:28 AM

How do you KNOW everything he has said since last summer is lies? See, that's my point....you and nobody here KNOWS.

As for the second part of your post, I guess I could ask you the same. He's no longer a Packer. Why do you feel the need to talk about him so much? He's in the media all the time because of WHO he is. Do you really think he asks for all that? Maybe you should just let things play out.....seems it would be less stressful for you.

I don't even THINK what Favre said last summer is lies. That's the part of it that I'm referring to when I say I'm forming my own conclusions based on what I do know. It's not what Thompson said. It's what Favre said. It's the admissions from the opposing side of the argument that I base my feelings on, not the statements from the side I support.

Why do I feel the need to talk about him? Because he hasn't dropped it. He drops it, then we drop it. That's also because of WHO he is.

Do I think he's asking for media attention? GRETA. Yes, I do. And even if I didn't, I think he's still quite capable of telling the media to piss off. "No comment" is an acceptable and often used quote given to the media. Maybe Brett should learn what it means and put it to use.

RashanGary
06-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Here's where I think we mainly disagree.

I've heard Nutz' view on Favre.

He said he went to Thompson and asked for certain things and Thompson told him he'd get it done. Thompson didn't get it done so Favre was pissed.

Favre didn't know if he wanted to come back, was pressured to make a decision and then when he realized he wanted to come back, he wasn't wanted back so he got pissed.

Favre has every right to ask the GM to do certain things and every right to expect that they get done. He believes that Thompson did promise these things and then deliberately didn't do them in an effort to anger Brett or push him out the door.

They believe Favre earned the right to pretty much call his shots by everything he's done.

I think worst case, this is what the Favre supporters believe. This is why Brett was wronged and why Thompson is a snake. That's how I understand the argument. I can't dream up worse one that comes close to fitting what went down.

Many of us Thompson supporters see an honest guy that hasn't been shown to be dishonest through any of this. We see an organization that made a decision to go with Aaron after an offseason where Brett was at home and Aaron was working with the team. We see a team that values working together and offseason work.

I think Thompson would listen to Brett, and consider his opinion, but ultimately make his own decision. I don't fault Ted for that. I don't think Brett should go to Ted with these types of requests because it's not his place but I think he's been used to having some GM power and the previous regimes let him get this out of control.

I don't like that Brett doesn't work with the team in the offseason. I think football players should love their job and want to be there. I think they should feel committed to their teammates and committed to the goal. If I was a GM, I'd try to get those kinds of people. I think that's a big reason why the Packers moved on from Brett. He was doing everything McCarthy preaches not to do and then he was being propped up for it. The whole thing just set a bad example and was against what this team seems to believe.

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't even THINK what Favre said last summer is lies. That's the part of it that I'm referring to when I say I'm forming my own conclusions based on what I do know. It's not what Thompson said. It's what Favre said. It's the admissions from the opposing side of the argument that I base my feelings on, not the statements from the side I support.

OK, so would you feel better if Favre said nothing but yet hired Ari Fleischer?

RashanGary
06-20-2009, 11:42 AM
My overall opinion of Thompson is that he's an honest, hard working guy that commits year round to the team and does the best job he knows how.

My overall opinion of Brett is that he's a guy that still likes to play the games but isn't ready to commit year round. He's still good enough to improve a team like the Vikings (who don't have a good QB), but he's not so good that a team with a quality QB would deal with the headache of having to wait till TC every year and having to listen to the GM demands. I think he thinks he deserves special treatment all the way around, from GM power to a separate lockerroom to not having to workout with the team and so on. I'm a big fan of players who work hard, fully commit to the team and generally love football and would do anything to be the best they can, even if it means giving up vacation time. I can't root for Brett because I don't see that in him. I was a huge fan in the past, but it's slowly gone away the last 5 years or so. I hope some day he looks back and understands why the team wanted to move on instead of being angry about it.

I thing Brett is a guy who's let everyone tell him his poop tastes like icecream. Everything he's done shows him to be a guy who has none of the values I believe in. I understand it. I know fame and fortune is hard to deal with, but I don't respect it and I certainly don't cheer it on. It makes it worse because he's battling people that I view as having very high integrity.

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 11:42 AM

If Favre said nothing, would there have been a need for Ari in the first place? You assume the media circus would have been just as big had Favre not started talking trash, and Ari would have been needed anyway. Prove that the two aren't directly related and we'll discuss.

EDIT: Sorry 007, I misunderstood your post. You meant what if Favre had hired Ari, correct?

I wouldn't care as much. Ari wouldn't have gone on Greta to air his dirty laundry. I don't recall Ari ever going to the national media while working with the Packers either. 007, this is about staying out of the media. If you want me to believe that it's all about football to Brett, why isn't it just about football to Brett? Why the need to do Greta or Joe? Why the need to hire Ari to speak for you if you aren't saying anything in the first place? I completely understand you feeling the way you do, and I completely understand Brett feeling the way he does. What I don't understand, and certainly don't agree with, is his need to let everybody else in the entire country know how he feels. Whether he says it, or Ari says it, or his brother says it, or his agent, or whoever... Keep it to yourself, and go play football. Had he done exactly that, he'd still have my full support (well, last year with the Jets anyway, I will never support a Viking no matter what his name is).

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 11:44 AM
JH? Do you want to be remember'd for your life as being judgementle?

Do you want to be remembered for being a good speller?

Excuse me if I made a spelling error Scott. I excuse you for being small minded.

judgemental not (whoops) judgementle. Hang me. Good grief. :D

RashanGary
06-20-2009, 11:44 AM

That was a good move. They were publicly battling a legend. Favre had more power than anyone in the Packers. He and his agent were pulling out all stops to get their way. The Packers, if they had to trade him, wanted to get value and wanted to keep him out of the hands of the Vikings. If they didn't play their cards right, Brett would have walked all over them. They might not have Clay Matthews right now and it would have been even harder to win the division.

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 11:46 AM
. The whole thing just set a bad example and was against what this team seems to believe.

Let me get this right. You are talking professional sports and not HS or college football, right? :roll:

I see that's a big reason/excuse many of you are using....but doesn't that seem a bit simple to you?

The Packers (AKA Thompson) were ready to move on. period. Stop trying to make excuses about OT's and stuff.

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 11:52 AM
If Favre said nothing, would there have been a need for Ari in the first place? You assume the media circus would have been just as big had Favre not started talking trash, and Ari would have been needed anyway. Prove that the two aren't directly related and we'll discuss.

All we know is that Favre voiced his opinion from his perspective. That's my point. You call it "talking trash" and how do you know that? You don't. That's all I would ask for in these Favre threads is that people only post facts and not their opinion on how they perceive things and then feel that gives them right to trash Brett Favre.

hurleyfan
06-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Wow, 9 seperate threads on the FIRST page dedicated to Favre..

And in most of the others, there is reference to Favre as well..

This is truly an emotional situation for PACKER fans.

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 11:56 AM

LOL yes! And let's take note...most of them started by the Favre "haters".

There is a fine line between love and hate.

I think those voicing their opinions in hateful manners are just actually more hurt then they are hateful.

woodbuck27
06-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the response.

We have very different perceptions of what went on. There are points where you just can't even go forward and find a common ground. When Favre has done everything in his power to make TT look bad (including a national interview with Greta in which he and Diana's stated goal was to "tell Brett's side" and a conversation with an opposing GM in which Favre gives insight into how to beat the Packers). When those things happen, when he tells his side and you still say he hadn't told his side, when that happens, we just have to agree to disagree.

Brett obviously has meant a lot to you. Hopefully you can find a way to appreciate the good old days without feeling so bitter than you can't bear to hear people who are disappointed in him. I imagine that's a tough place to be, when you're willing to leave a community you've spent this much time in because you just can't hear a contrary opinion.

No Packer fan should ever be pressured or otherwise to leave this Green Bay Packer home. Unless unfortunately it may on an individual basis get so bad in terms of hate mongering that it's an insult to oneself just dropping in and reading the garbage.

It's my view that there are some really hateful people on this board and amongst those people I see none that still support Brett Favre 'the person' or NFL Pro QB. Being a Packer fan and still wishing Brett Favre well. Having a general interest in the NFL affairs and Favre's future has little to do with hate folks.

GO PACK GO!

hurleyfan
06-20-2009, 12:00 PM

LOL yes! And let's take note...most of them started by the Favre "haters".

There is a fine line between love and hate.

I think those voicing their opinions in hateful manners are just actually more hurt then they are hateful.

For sure 007!
But I am beginning to believe there are more and more Packer fans (me included) that are just tired of this whole thing..

I hate to use the words "Soap Opera"... not only from Packer fans, but there are tons of J E T S fans in my neck of the woods, and they are getting tired of it as well..

RashanGary
06-20-2009, 12:00 PM
. The whole thing just set a bad example and was against what this team seems to believe.

Let me get this right. You are talking professional sports and not HS or college football, right? :roll:

Yeah. I do like the players to commit and care. I love football, I'd love the opportunity these guys have. When I stop believing these guys really care about their teammates and really care about working together, I'll stop watching.

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 12:02 PM

All we know is that Favre voiced his opinion from his perspective. That's my point. You call it "talking trash" and how do you know that? You don't. That's all I would ask for in these Favre threads is that people only post facts and not their opinion on how they perceive things and then feel that gives them right to trash Brett Favre.

"The Packers are a dishonest organization."

That quote says nothing about Thompson specifically. It is a broad statement about the entire organization. How are Packer fans supposed to view that as anything other than trash talk?

I gave you the facts that I base my opinions on. They are Brett's own words. All I ask is that you stop trying to twist Favre's words around so they mean what you want them to mean. Just because you don't want to believe something doesn't mean it isn't true. Favre is spiteful. Favre is arrogant. Favre doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. Those are facts. Even if you don't want to believe them.

RashanGary
06-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Quite frankly, when the Packers came up with Packer people, I thought they were full of shit.

Brandon Jackson (IMO a little slow), but a great kid. I like listening to him talk. I like seeing his lockerroom interviews where he's smiling with his teammates. I like hearing the genuine humility in his voice and when he breaks a tackle on the football field, I smile because I know how much hard work he's put in and how much it means to him.

And I wasn't a fan of the Brandon Jackson pick, he grew on me because of who he is. He'll probably never be as good as Brett Favre, but I like watching him play more.

That's how I feel about the Packers. You might roll your eyes and think it's stupid, but I feel good about it and I know a lot of other people do too.

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 12:12 PM
are just tired of this whole thing..

I hate to use the words "Soap Opera"... not only from Packer fans, but there are tons of J E T S fans in my neck of the woods, and they are getting tired of it as well..

I guess I've found that statement a bit amusing. Why do people continue to follow that particular bit of NFL news if they are "tired" of it. I could see if he was part of the Packers team right now, but he's not. I can't really say it's off season talk either because as long as he's playing...or there's a chance of him playing there will be talk.

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Quite frankly, when the Packers came up with Packer people, I thought they were full of shit.

Brandon Jackson (IMO a little slow), but a great kid. I like listening to him talk. I like seeing his lockerroom interviews where he's smiling with his teammates. I like hearing the genuine humility in his voice and when he breaks a tackle on the football field, I smile because I know how much hard work he's put in and how much it means to him.

That's how I feel about the Packers. You might roll your eyes and think it's stupid, but I feel good about it and I know a lot of other people do too.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from. I remember when Favre was a Packer and seeing his enthusiasm too. I remember his last season in GB when he would hoist Driver over his shoulder after a TD and throwing snowballs at him during that Seattle game. For some reason you don't remember any of the Favre being a Packer teammate times, do you? Strange, huh?

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey, it's been fun but it's a beautiful, sunny day and I'm going out to enjoy it.

Adios doom n gloomers! :P :wink:

RashanGary
06-20-2009, 12:31 PM
In the beginning of Favre's career, yeah. When he carried Driver off the field or Jennings, It didn't feel that way to me. Everything about Favre feels selfish and wrong to me. I can't cheer for him. I don't respect him. I don't feel like his heart is in the right spot.

RashanGary
06-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey, it's been fun but it's a beautiful, sunny day and I'm going out to enjoy it.

Me too. Going swimming with the lil ones. Just got some exercise in.

hurleyfan
06-20-2009, 12:39 PM
[quote=hurleyfan]

are just tired of this whole thing..

Why do people continue to follow that particular bit of NFL news if they are "tired" of it. I could see if he was part of the Packers team right now, but he's not. I can't really say it's off season talk either because as long as he's playing...or there's a chance of him playing there will be talk.

It's hard not to follow when there are so many threads on the front page of our PackerRats, plus the constant updates from ESPN and other media sources!

I loved Favre (and hated him as we all prolly did!) while he was playing. He did as much for the Packers as anyone in their history..

I guess I'm saying I am tired of all this rhetoric, really wish it never came to this position, and let him get on with whatever he decides to do.. If it's playing with the Vikes, so be it.. He'll be another QB on the opponent that the Packers have to beat. If he retires for good, so be that!

hurleyfan
06-20-2009, 12:40 PM

Pouring rain here... again :( :( :(

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 12:43 PM
I remember his last season in GB when he would hoist Driver over his shoulder after a TD and throwing snowballs at him during that Seattle game. For some reason you don't remember any of the Favre being a Packer teammate times, do you?

Yes, I remember. I'm sure it'll be part of the Favre highlight reel shown in the Packer HOF too. Indeed that is a special part of who he is.

I remember stories of Favre going hunting with his teammates, and going trick or treating at Holmgren's house with bag-o-doughnuts. But those stories have long since stopped being told.

In the end, Favre only had a real connection with a few of the older veterans on the team. I can understand that. But when I hear things about Aaron Rodgers such as taking some of his guys out to the Kentucky Derby, or having BBQ's at his house with his teammates, it's a welcome change. It gives me a feeling that Rodgers is working harder to make those connections to and to build that chemistry with his teammates that is so important to success than Favre was, at least towards the end. For Favre, a guy that for so long was all about team chemistry and team success, I find it strange that he didn't make a better effort to make that connection, as awkward as it may have been.

MOBB DEEP
06-21-2009, 01:01 AM
AGAIN.....the order is father, son, holy spirit, Lord favre...........

th87
06-21-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm all about giving the benefit of the doubt, as it is true that we do not know how everything went down. However, in Favre's case, evidence against him keeps piling up.

For example, we've heard Favre is obsessed with the Packers and can't let it go. Okay, that could probably be hearsay. But add up all the other "hearsays". That Favre was giving out secrets. That Favre demanded a trade after the failed Moss trade. That Favre dislikes Green Bay. Leroy Butler saying this is only the beginning. It's easy to dismiss one or two of these as media concoctions, but as they continue to pile up, you start to wonder whether there's some truth to all this.

Plus the fact he's contradicted himself numerous times.

Of course, I'm sure Brett Favre's a good, but flawed person. Like any of us. You can definitely see the genuine emotion. I don't think his tears are fake. Him crying when he saw the little girl through the Make-A-Wish foundation could not possibly be fake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtJb0c8o4pE

So I do think he gets vilified more than he deserves. That said, there is certainly evidence that he's somewhat of a prima donna. I guess his ego began to swell somewhere along the line. This has resulted in the situation that we have today. It makes him seem petty and selfish, and has caused me to wake up to the fact that Favre is a flawed human being, rather than a do-no-wrong childhood hero. It's a little sad, sure, but that's life. It doesn't make him a bad person at all.

But he's no longer this wide-eyed humble kid, and that's okay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcXWfqAh2MI

woodbuck27
06-21-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm all about giving the benefit of the doubt, as it is true that we do not know how everything went down. However, in Favre's case, evidence against him keeps piling up.

For example, we've heard Favre is obsessed with the Packers and can't let it go. Okay, that could probably be hearsay. But add up all the other "hearsays". That Favre was giving out secrets. That Favre demanded a trade after the failed Moss trade. That Favre dislikes Green Bay. Leroy Butler saying this is only the beginning. It's easy to dismiss one or two of these as media concoctions, but as they continue to pile up, you start to wonder whether there's some truth to all this.

Plus the fact he's contradicted himself numerous times.

Of course, I'm sure Brett Favre's a good, but flawed person. Like any of us. You can definitely see the genuine emotion. I don't think his tears are fake. Him crying when he saw the little girl through the Make-A-Wish foundation could not possibly be fake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtJb0c8o4pE

So I do think he gets vilified more than he deserves. That said, there is certainly evidence that he's somewhat of a prima donna. I guess his ego began to swell somewhere along the line. This has resulted in the situation that we have today. It makes him seem petty and selfish, and has caused me to wake up to the fact that Favre is a flawed human being, rather than a do-no-wrong childhood hero. It's a little sad, sure, but that's life. It doesn't make him a bad person at all.

But he's no longer this wide-eyed humble kid, and that's okay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcXWfqAh2MI

Favre has always made himself available to the media. With that he opens himself up to both good and bad interpretation. Overall I see Favre as a decent human being but as an icon in the NFL he draws on a lot of emotions.

I will never understand the hatred he inspires in people, and that is clear in some that post here. I will not stand in front of their hatred but in no way will I buckle in or under to their weak manners and personalitys. I wish I could see them as the misfits out there but more and more it's these people that we need to force back under their rock.

Scott Campbell
06-21-2009, 08:35 AM
If you're going to start holding yourself up as being morally superior because of your views over stupid football stuff, you better brace yourself for getting run off again.

Some people never learn.

woodbuck27
06-21-2009, 08:38 AM
If you're going to start holding yourself up as being morally superior because of your views over stupid football stuff, you better brace yourself for getting run off again.

Some people never learn.

Run off Scott?

Can you elaborate on that foolish comment?

RashanGary
06-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Well said, th87.

I get the impression that he feels Ted Thompson moving on was a great wrong to him after all he's done for the Packers. Ted was hired to win football games and he knows tough decisions have to be made. It's the lack of maturity on Brett's part that bothers me. Instead of understanding where others are coming from, he jumps the gun and wants to fight back. He has so much power built up through his fame that he can do a lot of damage to other people. That's what bothers me, how much he's hurt other people (Thompson, McCarthy and Rodgers just to name a few, then the Jets people who traded for him and right down the line).

I think deep down he thinks he's owed special treatment and Ted greatly wronged him by moving on. I know he's not out there trying to be evil. I just see a spoiled person. I see a guy in a bad spot, a spot where he will hurt others with no regard for how his actions affect them. When you're fed the garbage that you're special, you're great all day, I'm sure you start believing it. I feel like I understand where he's coming from. I definitely love him as another person and don't think I'm any better. If I hate anything, I hate what he does to other good people. If there is something I don't like, I don't like that he thinks it's OK to work half the time of his teammates but get all of the glory on Sunday. I don't think that's the way it should work.

The Shadow
06-21-2009, 12:31 PM

Yeah, I see where you are coming from. I remember when Favre was a Packer and seeing his enthusiasm too. I remember his last season in GB when he would hoist Driver over his shoulder after a TD and throwing snowballs at him during that Seattle game. For some reason you don't remember any of the Favre being a Packer teammate times, do you? Strange, huh?

Much more telling than the stagey bits for the cameras was his teammates' thundering silence when he was shipped off.

MOBB DEEP
06-22-2009, 04:51 PM
:beat:
http://i43.tinypic.com/rrte6t.gif http://i41.tinypic.com/2vv87ew.gif http://i39.tinypic.com/2mety1l.gif
http://i42.tinypic.com/f9ppo3.gif http://i40.tinypic.com/14n1x8p.gif http://i44.tinypic.com/fcp5x5.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/m7uux2.gif http://i43.tinypic.com/2qj9j5e.jpg http://i43.tinypic.com/j8ehvk.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/2eyug6s.jpg

Lather, Rinse, Repeat....... several times a day if needed

lol

Packers4Ever
06-23-2009, 03:22 PM

Geez, I hope someday you grow up! This little kid act of yours is wearing very thin..........

Everyone here will have his/her own way of remembering Brett Favre - -some choose the worst memories from long ago. He will be favored all the more not only for his talent on the field but his generosity towards people including his team, charities and so forth. Those people will far outweigh the others who remember only the more undesirable memories from his young days.

Fritz
06-23-2009, 04:13 PM
I think 007 has a hot avatar.

dissident94
06-23-2009, 07:32 PM
I supported favre back with the whole thing went down. If he comes back so be it. If another team wants to play him andhe wants to play there is nothing anyone could do. The packers wanted to be rigid with time tables and so on. You don't see that with the Vikings.
But I am a Packers fanand support Rodgers and just see Faver as another player now;. I will enjoyt he drama of it all.

Oh and I don't give a crap what these guys are off the field. I dont' put these people on pedistals. They are sports players that bring me entertainment. This isn't war there are no traders. Its entertainment

cpk1994
06-23-2009, 08:06 PM
I supported favre back with the whole thing went down. If he comes back so be it. If another team wants to play him andhe wants to play there is nothing anyone could do. The packers wanted to be rigid with time tables and so on. You don't see that with the Vikings.
But I am a Packers fanand support Rodgers and just see Faver as another player now;. I will enjoyt he drama of it all.

Oh and I don't give a crap what these guys are off the field. I dont' put these people on pedistals. They are sports players that bring me entertainment. This isn't war there are no traders. Its entertainmentProof of the rigid timetables? Brett retired over a month before the Packers needed an answer. You can't say the Packers were rigid and comparing the Vikings now, to the Packers then is apples to oranges.

Scott Campbell
06-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I think the Packers were flexible to a fault when it came to Brett. They were just like all the other enablers until last summer.

MJZiggy
06-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Everyone here will have his/her own way of remembering Brett Favre - -some choose the worst memories from long ago. He will be favored all the more not only for his talent on the field but his generosity towards people including his team, charities and so forth. Those people will far outweigh the others who remember only the more undesirable memories from his young days.

This is a well stated post. The only way I disagree with it is if Favre puts on a purple jersey which will be a strong memory that many Packer fans will have a hard time overcoming.

Personally, I'll remember that Make-a-Wish presser for a long time. And the pranks (and the colossal gas--I have a theory that his problem in NY was that someone was secretly slipping gas-x into his gatorade, but I digress). But I'll also remember the stupidity and the fact that I defended him saying his word was good, I found I'd been lied to. It's really a mixed bag of memories.

cpk1994
06-23-2009, 09:02 PM
I think the Packers were flexible to a fault when it came to Brett. They were just like all the other enablers until last summer.Exactly. Those that think the Packers were rigid don't remember Mike Shernan's years real well.

gex
06-23-2009, 09:50 PM

Oh and I don't give a crap what these guys are off the field. I dont' put these people on pedistals. They are sports players that bring me entertainment. This isn't war there are no traders. Its entertainment
No doubt.
This season will be all the more fun to watch with Favre right across the border. NFL Entertainment inc. will be must see tv. And we get to play him twice(maybe 3 times if we are lucky) What a fun season it will be.

Scott Campbell
06-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Florio is reporting Favre has signed.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/23/favre-report-confirmed/

Correction, WCCO is reporting it.

http://wcco.com/vikings/brett.favre.vikings.2.1057007.html

It says they keep Booty. He'll give up #4. Tavaris is likely to be traded.

GrnBay007
06-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Fritz, I'm pretty sure I gave you your avatar. :P

wpony
06-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Hi I agree with GrnBay007 I remember him from the time he walked on the field it was nice to actually have a QB that was good and fun to watch we had been so long with out a good QB true we did have magic for a few years but you cant really compare the 2. I also agree with Huly I believe it was him that said what a soap opera it had become and he was sick of it.
I wish Farve luck with what ever he does in life for all that he gave up for the Packers all the times he played when he really should not have , the times he restructured his salaries so we could get better players .
If he goes to the Vikings I will wish him luck that he does not get hurt, I really hope for obvious reasons that he does not have a great yr and I hope we beat him 2 times this yr :) But I will always Love and appreciate everything he did for the Packers

Rastak
06-24-2009, 04:10 AM

Which begs the question, what can they get for Tarvaris? A box of kicking tees? Bag of footballs?

Conditional 7th round pick in the 2015 draft?

MJZiggy
06-24-2009, 05:59 AM
If Tarvaris "breaks out" with his new team and Sage struggles after Favre is gone, I'm gonna laugh SO hard...

RashanGary
06-24-2009, 06:01 AM

Which begs the question, what can they get for Tarvaris? A box of kicking tees? Bag of footballs?

I've said this before, but Tavaris is the first guy I'd keep. His salary is low and I think he could be a great wildcat quarterback. I'd consider keeping 4 QB's and play two of them (Tavaris and Favre). Tavaris about 5 or 10 plays a game as a wildcat QB. He can still throw a little but mostly I'd run him. Peterson will suck the defense one way and Tavaris can run the other or Tavaris will keep defenses honest and Peterson will have better holes.

sheepshead
06-24-2009, 07:22 AM
PFT is saying there IS a contract in place and they have ordered purple #4 jerseys

Fritz
06-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Fritz, I'm pretty sure I gave you your avatar. :P

Was that you? I remember being unsure and thanking someone - must've been you - long ago.

But thanks again. I love it and do not have the skills to create such a thing.

And Jennings is signed - my avatar swells with pride!

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 08:06 AM
If Tarvaris "breaks out" with his new team and Sage struggles after Favre is gone, I'm gonna laugh SO hard...

By then the Vikings might not be in MN anymore.

Rastak
06-24-2009, 08:07 AM

I've said this before, but Tavaris is the first guy I'd keep. His salary is low and I think he could be a great wildcat quarterback. I'd consider keeping 4 QB's and play two of them (Tavaris and Favre). Tavaris about 5 or 10 plays a game as a wildcat QB. He can still throw a little but mostly I'd run him. Peterson will suck the defense one way and Tavaris can run the other or Tavaris will keep defenses honest and Peterson will have better holes.

Jokes aside I'd keep all 4 for this year for the reason above and to keep 2010 options open.

hoosier
06-24-2009, 08:24 AM

Jokes aside I'd keep all 4 for this year for the reason above and to keep 2010 options open.

Sometimes less is more. I think this might be one of those times.

SkinBasket
06-24-2009, 09:31 AM
http://media.jsonline.com/images/285*213/11339_large.JPG

Harlan Huckleby
06-24-2009, 09:38 AM
I hope John David Booty refuses to give up his #4 jersey.

woodbuck27
06-24-2009, 09:48 AM

YES !!!!!

GO PACKERS!!

Deputy Nutz
06-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Until this summer I didn't realize how many Packer fans are just plain ass losers.

Vikings 38
Packers 17

hoosier
06-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Until this summer I didn't realize how many Packer fans are just plain ass losers.

There's a reason for that, you know.

http://www.benspicks.com/FavreThrow.jpg

woodbuck27
06-24-2009, 10:07 AM

This is a well stated post. The only way I disagree with it is if Favre puts on a purple jersey which will be a strong memory that many Packer fans will have a hard time overcoming.

Personally, I'll remember that Make-a-Wish presser for a long time. And the pranks (and the colossal gas--I have a theory that his problem in NY was that someone was secretly slipping gas-x into his gatorade, but I digress). But I'll also remember the stupidity and the fact that I defended him saying his word was good, I found I'd been lied to. It's really a mixed bag of memories.

If he wasn't cut or reduced to 'the clip board' after the 2007 season there would be little possibility of Favre and 'a purple jersey' MJ. Please MJ try to find something in this next sentence that makes any sense.

Don't blame the man because he may have an opportunity to get to another Super Bowl. That word is opportunity and not to be confused with probability. As a Packer in 2008 he would have had to accept a dismissal of role. Forget the he was retired or not stuff. It was perfectly clear that Favre wanted to be our QB for last season and it was a no to that.

The trade to the Jets. Released by the Jets. Possibly a shot with the Vikings. He's just an NFL QB. It's a helluva story as it's developing. That storey could land all over Ted Thompson? Favre might stink the house out? Ted Thompson and Favre have each as much to lose and none of us are either of them.

It's too easy. :D

Let's leave it as it is and just watch for the outcome without all the trash talk and unglued ego's.

PACKERS!

woodbuck27
06-24-2009, 10:09 AM

No doubt.
This season will be all the more fun to watch with Favre right across the border. NFL Entertainment inc. will be must see tv. And we get to play him twice(maybe 3 times if we are lucky) What a fun season it will be.

Absolutely and for sure.

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 10:10 AM
If he wasn't cut or reduced to 'the clip board' after the 2007 season there would be little possibility of Favre and 'a purple jersey' MJ.

Correction for historical accuracy - Green Bay never cut Favre.

SkinBasket
06-24-2009, 10:15 AM
http://www.laddymcfaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/brett-favre.jpg

woodbuck27
06-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi I agree with GrnBay007 I remember him from the time he walked on the field it was nice to actually have a QB that was good and fun to watch we had been so long with out a good QB true we did have magic for a few years but you cant really compare the 2. I also agree with Huly I believe it was him that said what a soap opera it had become and he was sick of it.
I wish Favre luck with what ever he does in life for all that he gave up for the Packers all the times he played when he really should not have , the times he restructured his salaries so we could get better players .
If he goes to the Vikings I will wish him luck that he does not get hurt, I really hope for obvious reasons that he does not have a great yr and I hope we beat him 2 times this yr :) But I will always Love and appreciate everything he did for the Packers

'' the times he restructured his salaries so we could get better players'' wpony

1. How easy that is to forget by some.

2. I wish for more Packer fans to be as realistic and fair to themselves as you are wpony.

GO PACK GO!

Bossman641
06-24-2009, 10:25 AM

If he wasn't cut or reduced to 'the clip board' after the 2007 season there would be little possibility of Favre and 'a purple jersey' MJ. He wasn't cut, he retired and was traded. Please MJ try to find something in this next sentence that makes any sense.

Don't blame the man because he may have an opportunity to get to another Super Bowl. That word is opportunity and not to be confused with probability. As a Packer in 2008 he would have had to accept a dismissal of role. Forget the he was retired or not stuff. It was perfectly clear that Favre wanted to be our QB for last season and it was a no to that. I'm not so sure it was perfectly clear. He retired before a hard deadline was in place and then backed out when the Packers were going to take him back a month later. I think Favre was shell-shocked when the Packers wouldn't let him play GM or baby him the way Sherman did.

The trade to the Jets. Retired from the Jets and then requested his release from them when he claimed he was done for good. Released by the Jets. Possibly a shot with the Vikings. He's just an NFL QB. It's a helluva story as it's developing. That storey could land all over Ted Thompson? Favre might stink the house out? Ted Thompson and Favre have each as much to lose and none of us are either of them.

It's too easy. :D

Let's leave it as it is and just watch for the outcome without all the trash talk and unglued ego's.

PACKERS!

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 10:26 AM
There's a big difference between restructuring how you get paid, vs. how much you get paid. Brett never took a pay cut as part of these restructures - as far as I'm aware.

GO PACK GO!!!

:glug:

woodbuck27
06-24-2009, 10:31 AM

It looks more and more to being real. Brett Favre a Viking. Shocking. Good grief for some Packer fans. Mixed emotions for some and absolute pain for others.

Rastak. Your team will be scary with Favre behind center. The AP factor 'of course' is huge and also the solid state of your lines makes the Vikings look ligitimately solid Super Bowl contenders coming off 2008.

Packer and Viking games will be highly anticipated as usual. Somehow I sense this news will make it a monster rivalry this season.

Great for the NFL.

woodbuck27
06-24-2009, 10:37 AM

HH. What do we get him? A limo or a cab to get HIM outta town?

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 10:40 AM

I think Favre should wear number 2. He's half the player he used to be, and it fits the way he's been acting.

GO PACK GO!!!! :glug:

Bossman641
06-24-2009, 10:50 AM

I think Favre should wear number 2. He's half the player he used to be, and it fits the way he's been acting.

Do you think they could also misspell his last name so it says "Douche"

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 10:51 AM

Do you think they could also misspell his last name so it says "Douche"

I'm all for truth in advertising.

GO PACK GO!!!!

]{ilr]3
06-24-2009, 10:56 AM

Good One! Thats avatar worthy!

woodbuck27
06-24-2009, 11:17 AM

Who's the receiver in the middle of that shot at about the 38 yard line moving from right to left across the field? Dare I observe that he's wide open? :D

Why did Favre freeze on Driver? Really! How do we answer such questions or judge the QB's decision or to ignore the option?

PACKERS!

Patler
06-24-2009, 11:20 AM
There's a big difference between restructuring how you get paid, vs. how much you get paid. Brett never took a pay cut as part of these restructures - as far as I'm aware.

GO PACK GO!!!

Yup. Restructurings generally benefit the player or are neutral to the player by guaranteeing previously unguaranteed amounts, allowing the team to generate cap room in the current year by amortizing the newly guaranteed amount over the remaining life of the contract.

The only Packer I am aware of who actually restructured willingly and reduced his compensation was Leroy Butler. At the time he said he had been paid very well, and it was worth it to him to give money back to help keep his team together by signing younger teammates who had not had a big payday like he had. The exact thing the Packers asked Sharper to do, but he refused. That was Sharper's right, and I can't necessarily blame him for taking the stance he did, but it really shows what kind of guy Butler is.

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Why did Favre freeze on Driver?

He looked like he was cold and just wanted to go home.

woodbuck27
06-24-2009, 11:22 AM

Do you like CROW Scott? If you don't like yours so much. There are plenty here that will be trying it so you can share. :D

PACKERS!

Rastak
06-24-2009, 11:24 AM

Stranger things have happened.....wait, I guess they haven't now that I think about it.

Rastak
06-24-2009, 11:25 AM

I think that is unlikely, as a last resort the Vikings would either reassign his number themselves or trade him to free it up...... :lol:

Patler
06-24-2009, 11:27 AM

Who's the receiver in the middle of that shot at about the 38 yard line moving from right to left across the field? Dare I observe that he's wide open? :D

Why did Favre freeze on Driver? Really! How do we answer such questions or judge the QB's decision or to ignore the option?

PACKERS!

In fairness to Favre, that photo is after he has released the ball. There is another I have seen that is earlier, and the shorter routes don't look as open. As for the deep route on the left, as I recall there wasn't a clear throwing lane open for that. The route he picked may not be as open as others, but I have always felt it really wasn't a bad decision as much as a poor throw that caused the interception.

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 11:31 AM

GO PACK GO!!!

Yup. Restructurings generally benefit the player or are neutral to the player by guaranteeing previously unguaranteed amounts, allowing the team to generate cap room in the current year by amortizing the newly guaranteed amount over the remaining life of the contract.

The only Packer I am aware of who actually restructured willingly and reduced his compensation was Leroy Butler. At the time he said he had been paid very well, and it was worth it to him to give money back to help keep his team together by signing younger teammates who had not had a big payday like he had. The exact thing the Packers asked Sharper to do, but he refused. That was Sharper's right, and I can't necessarily blame him for taking the stance he did, but it really shows what kind of guy Butler is.

Thank you for helping to clear up that historical myth. :idea: I wish for more Packer fans to be as realistic and fair to themselves as you are Patler. :D

GO PACK GO!!!

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 11:33 AM

PACKERS!

In fairness to Favre, that photo is after he has released the ball. There is another I have seen that is earlier, and the shorter routes don't look as open. As for the deep route on the left, as I recall there wasn't a clear throwing lane open for that. The route he picked may not be as open as others, but I have always felt it really wasn't a bad decision as much as a poor throw that caused the interception.

Wasn't it first down? A better decision would have been to throw it way IMO.

woodbuck27
06-24-2009, 11:42 AM

PACKERS!

Yes ideally. Driver has to get outside and Favre hit him close to the side line and over his head. The coverage is too close for all of that.

Also. Tough conditions on that day and then there was the pressure and fatigue factor.

In hindsight the play to the middle of the field sure looks like the best option, but where it ends up and goes from there wasn't managed I'll bet. The 'what made you try that throw' exercise.

PACKERS!

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 11:43 AM

I think that is unlikely, as a last resort the Vikings would either reassign his number themselves or trade him to free it up...... :lol:

Why are they keeping Jackson over Booty? Is Booty any good at all? Is Jackson that bad?

Pacopete4
06-24-2009, 11:44 AM

PACKERS!

Couldn't agree more. Bad pass, decision wasn't bad at the time of the throw... u could post a photo like this on almost every QB's pass and there would be guys open after he lets the ball go. Its just another way losers will bitch about Brett Favre

woodbuck27
06-24-2009, 11:45 AM

PACKERS!

Wasn't it first down? ** A better decision would have been to throw it way IMO.

There I got rid of that photo. :D

and. . . ** It certainly wouldn't be to make that throw.

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Its just another way losers will bitch about Brett Favre

We are all Packer fans here Pacopete4, and well mannered posting is of the utmost priority when such a sense of community is at stake. Let us never forget this! :idea: :arrow: :no: :glug:

GO PACK GO!!!!

Bossman641
06-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Its just another way losers will bitch about Brett Favre

We are all Packer fans here Pacopete4, and well mannered posting is of the utmost priority when such a sense of community is at stake. Let us never forget this! :idea: :arrow: :no: :glug:

GO PACK GO!!!!

Are we?

I wonder sometimes.

dissident94
06-24-2009, 12:10 PM
I just don't understsand the obsession with some on here over Favre. We have different opinions over how it was handled last year. I personally think they all acted like ego maniacs.

Overall I think the Packers will be better in the long run going with Rodgers. We had maybe 2 more years with Favre and I personally would have kept him as long as possible but Rodgers looks like he could be really good so I am fine with it.

But shoudl Favre play again. Thats up to him and if a team wants him. Like I said before it is entertainment business. It isn't war, there are no traders. If you are too loyal in sports you lose.

Some of you have to let it go. I have. I was upset at Green Bay for the way they handled everything but have since let it go.

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Some of you have to let it go. I have. I was upset at Green Bay for the way they handled everything but have since let it go.

IMO - no we don't. We have every right to hold on to it if we want to, just like Brett has every right to try and keep playing if he wants to.

MOBB DEEP
06-24-2009, 03:19 PM

I think Favre should wear number 2. He's half the player he used to be

lol

Rastak
06-24-2009, 03:24 PM

Why are they keeping Jackson over Booty? Is Booty any good at all? Is Jackson that bad?

Nobody knows who they'll keep but I would guessthey keep Booty....I was just commenting on HH's comment.

Interesting question is this, can a team reassign a number without the player's permission? I would think so, they are the ones assigning them I would guess.

Patler, any idea?

Bossman641
06-24-2009, 03:35 PM

Nobody knows who they'll keep but I would guessthey keep Booty....I was just commenting on HH's comment.

Interesting question is this, can a team reassign a number without the player's permission? I would think so, they are the ones assigning them I would guess.

Patler, any idea?

Rastak I have a question.

What happened with AD's decision to put on weight? Did he go through with it?

Rastak
06-24-2009, 03:40 PM
He came in a pound lighter I believe after losing some body fat (he was already pretty lean) . So much for that plan I guess.

MOBB DEEP
06-24-2009, 03:43 PM

IMO - no we don't. We have every right to hold on to it if we want to, just like Brett has every right to try and keep playing if he wants to.

SC

dissident makes xcelent points; why do u dislike favre now? why should we fans take this mess SO personaly/serious? MERE ENTERTAINMENT, nothing more, nuthn less

ive evloved so much in that regard and i credit wisdom and life experiences; my first love has cancer for crying out loud! so who cares if the lakers win nba champ (life-long celtics fan thanks to larry joe bird and always HATED l.a.)

a client's father of mine made a very interesting point last month....i asked him who his team was in the nfl. he replied "whoever wins because they were the ones who rose to the occassion." he said he doesnt get personally invested like some fanatics because theres so many more importnt things in our lives to consider

i know most posters wont be converted but i hope folks can learn to keep pro sports in perspective and just reflect on the excitement that lord favre brought us and keep it moving

gota go; headn to meet with 2 young kids (10 and 8 yrs old) who havnt seen their mom since ages 4 and 2 (NEVER met their father btw) who are in their 3rd foster home after being sexually assaulted in their previous 2

go pack
go favre
go moss
go AP
go big ben
go romo (fellow wisconsinite/my prom date grew up in his home town)
go mcnabb
go denzel washington - ENTERTAINMENT

Patler
06-24-2009, 03:51 PM

Patler, any idea?

I really have no idea, but you do see number changes announced at times, especially if a player changes positions. Whether is is done only with the players consent, or at the players request, I really don't know. However, from a locker room aspect, I can't imagine a team ever taking away a number without consent just to give it to a player they are bringing in. It just wouldn't be good precedent, and could cause resentment. I think it is more important in the NFL, where we see them as their number when they play, because the uniforms are so neutralizing.

Gunakor
06-24-2009, 03:52 PM

SC

dissident makes xcelent points; why do u dislike favre now? why should we fans take this mess SO personaly/serious? MERE ENTERTAINMENT, nothing more, nuthn less

Some are more passionate than others.

Rastak
06-24-2009, 04:18 PM

Patler, any idea?

I really have no idea, but you do see number changes announced at times, especially if a player changes positions. Whether is is done only with the players consent, or at the players request, I really don't know. However, from a locker room aspect, I can't imagine a team ever taking away a number without consent just to give it to a player they are bringing in. It just wouldn't be good precedent, and could cause resentment. I think it is more important in the NFL, where we see them as their number when they play, because the uniforms are so neutralizing.

I completely agree, although millions of dollars in marketing versus some 3rd string QB's feelings has an end result that does not require further elaboration.

:D

Patler
06-24-2009, 04:28 PM

Patler, any idea?

I completely agree, although millions of dollars in marketing versus some 3rd string QB's feelings has an end result that does not require further elaboration.

So Booty should get to keep the number? :lol: :lol:

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 04:34 PM
SC

dissident makes xcelent points; why do u dislike favre now?

Because I think that what he did was morally wrong. And because it's my right to feel how I feel.

Do you know what a "heel" is in wrestling?

Fritz
06-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Aw, let him play already.

ThunderDan
06-24-2009, 04:46 PM

Patler, any idea?

This is Booty's opportunity to make real cash. It is a custom to buy the number from the player. Booty should demand $250,000. Brett can afford that in a heartbeat.

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Aw, let him play already.

I think he should play. I think he's beyond redemption in the court of public opinion anyway.

Fritz
06-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I believe it will be akin to watching a Greek tragedy.

We can all experience catharsis after the Nov. 1 game in Lambeau. I don't think Favre will poke his eyes out and wander alone in Mississippi, but he might actually retire this time.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-24-2009, 06:05 PM

We can all experience catharsis after the Nov. 1 game in Lambeau. I don't think Favre will poke his eyes out and wander alone in Mississippi, but he might actually retire this time.

What are the odds of Brett sleeping with Bonita? Unconfirmed rumors have Bus taking out Irv at the behest of Brett.

falco
06-24-2009, 06:20 PM
I think Favre deserves to play this year. And all packer fans deserve the right to cheer against him.

I've said it before - if TT booted Favre to the curb, I would cheer for him to win a superbowl with another team (assuming he wasn't playing the pack).

But for him to go to the vikings just out of spite? That's a slap in the face to every packer fan.

cpk1994
06-24-2009, 07:04 PM
I just don't understsand the obsession with some on here over Favre. We have different opinions over how it was handled last year. I personally think they all acted like ego maniacs.

Overall I think the Packers will be better in the long run going with Rodgers. We had maybe 2 more years with Favre and I personally would have kept him as long as possible but Rodgers looks like he could be really good so I am fine with it.

But shoudl Favre play again. Thats up to him and if a team wants him. Like I said before it is entertainment business. It isn't war, there are no traders. If you are too loyal in sports you lose.

Some of you have to let it go. I have. I was upset at Green Bay for the way they handled everything but have since let it go.YOu should tell that to Brett. He is the one not letting it go. And has been said, he is playing out of spite and to "stick it to TT". The man is scum.

dissident94
06-24-2009, 07:05 PM
i am just as passionate as anyone. Loses just destroy me. But let him play. We could have had him. Now we don't so bring him on.

GrnBay007
06-24-2009, 10:00 PM
This is Booty's opportunity to make real cash. It is a custom to buy the number from the player. Booty should demand $250,000. Brett can afford that in a heartbeat.

Didn't this type of thing happen when Green went to Houston.....if I'm remembering right? And then whoever it was he bought the # from donated all the money to a charity.

MJZiggy
06-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah, that sounds about right.

SMACKTALKIE
06-24-2009, 10:09 PM

Didn't this type of thing happen when Green went to Houston.....if I'm remembering right? And then whoever it was he bought the # from donated all the money to a charity.

My guess is the Vikings will donate JD Booty to charity. I know alot of people think TJack will be the one who gets cut, but I think Chilly loves him too much. This number question will be a non-issue.

MJZiggy
06-24-2009, 10:14 PM

My guess is the Vikings will donate JD Booty to charity. I know alot of people think TJack will be the one who gets cut, but I think Chilly loves him too much. This number question will be a non-issue.

I sincerely believe Favre has enough money to buy whatever number he want from whomever has it.

Deputy Nutz
06-24-2009, 10:40 PM
I think Favre deserves to play this year. And all packer fans deserve the right to cheer against him.

I've said it before - if TT booted Favre to the curb, I would cheer for him to win a superbowl with another team (assuming he wasn't playing the pack).

But for him to go to the vikings just out of spite? That's a slap in the face to every packer fan.

I think spite is only a small part of him playing this year. He has fallen into the catagory of the aging football player that is looking to squeeze that last bit of juice out of his body. The Vikings have a very particular situation, they have a strong offensive line, a dominant running game, and an above average defense. The only thing they currently lack is a proven QB. They run an offense that Favre is familar with. A coaching staff that he is familar with.

I also think that Favre still measures himself against the great qbs of the past, especially Elway. Elway beat Favre in Super Bowl 32. Elway was aging, on the verge of retirement and won two Super Bowls. Every Qb's dream scenerio. Favre wants that, He had given up on that in Green Bay and retired, realized after the fact that he still had the "itch" and wanted another shot at QB Heaven. He was rejected by the Packers, sent to the Jets. I am sure last summer when he wanted to play for the Vikings their was a lot of anger, and a lot of spite towards Thompson, and McCarthy.

I think Spite still has something to do with it, Favre is stubborn, sure, but now I think he just wants to go to the Dance one more time and he is willing to sacrifice just about anything to do it.

Carry on.

pbmax
06-24-2009, 10:43 PM
YOu should tell that to Brett. He is the one not letting it go. And has been said, he is playing out of spite and to "stick it to TT". The man is scum.
He said it once, about playing last year. Everything else has been speculation about him, or, even better, speculation about who in his family is helping to fan this flame. Anything is possible, but outside of one public statement, we don't really know how much of this is spite.

How many other West Coast teams that have legit playoff aspirations have a QB slot available?

RashanGary
06-25-2009, 06:23 AM
I agree w/ Nutz. Favre wants to be in the best possible situation to win. He feels he has unfinished business on the field. He wants back in for that reason and almost that reason alone. Spite is way down on the list.

I don't agree that the Vikings have a "pretty good" defense. They've finished top 5 two or three years running I believe.

vince
06-25-2009, 06:59 AM
The Vikes have ranked 21 ('05), 8 ('06), 20 ('07), and 6 ('08) in total defense (YPG) over the last four years. While finishing 6th in yards allowed last year, they finished a more mediocre 13th in points allowed.

They consistently ranked in the top 5 in rushing D, and were the league's best last year. Their improved pass defense (ranked 18th last year) has helped them, but they still can be effectively attacked through the air.

Some say their pass defense is average or below because teams can't run against them, so they don't even try, but that's not true. The Vikes are right in the middle of the pack (16th ranked at 61.1%) in percentage of pass plays attempted against them. Their pass defense is - or has been - average at best in recent history.

Fritz
06-25-2009, 07:17 AM

What are the odds of Brett sleeping with Bonita? Unconfirmed rumors have Bus taking out Irv at the behest of Brett.

Ty may be on to the truth. And if it's not that, then if Favre has a third daughter out there somewhere he could be King Lear.

ThunderDan
06-25-2009, 08:02 AM

I sincerely believe Favre has enough money to buy whatever number he want from whomever has it.

Doubt he could buy AP's number if QBs were allowed to wear that number in the NFL. :lol:

Packnut
06-25-2009, 10:34 AM
I think Harris pretty much said it all on this subject. His opinion is huge contradiction to the Favre ripping clowns in this forum. Way to go Al!

cpk1994
06-25-2009, 10:47 AM
YOu should tell that to Brett. He is the one not letting it go. And has been said, he is playing out of spite and to "stick it to TT". The man is scum.
He said it once, about playing last year. Everything else has been speculation about him, or, even better, speculation about who in his family is helping to fan this flame. Anything is possible, but outside of one public statement, we don't really know how much of this is spite.

How many other West Coast teams that have legit playoff aspirations have a QB slot available?I think Gun said it awhile back, "If Favre was coming back just for the love of the game, why is he only looking at the Vikings?" The Redskins need a QB and Dan Snyder would thorw boatloads of money at him. The Vikings is where he wanted to go last year becuase he wanted to "stick it TT". It is well know from former Jerts teamates that he was still pissing and moaning about that all season long. HE basically played the Jets into releasing him. He hasn't done anything to suggest he has let it go. It isn't hard to put 2 and 2 together to see that he is very bitter and is coming back out of spite.

Pugger
06-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Yes, why is he only talking to the Vikes?? If he is still hell bent on revenge he's playing for all the wrong reasons! I'll believe BF is a queen when I see the PC in Minneapolis. The thought of him wearing purple is repugnant to me big time. :P But what I'd love to know what the hold up is here? I find it curious BF is still riding his tractor down in MS... :?:

Pacopete4
06-25-2009, 11:04 AM
How many other West Coast teams that have legit playoff aspirations have a QB slot available?I think Gun said it awhile back, "If Favre was coming back just for the love of the game, why is he only looking at the Vikings?" The Redskins need a QB and Dan Snyder would thorw boatloads of money at him. The Vikings is where he wanted to go last year becuase he wanted to "stick it TT". It is well know from former Jerts teamates that he was still pissing and moaning about that all season long. HE basically played the Jets into releasing him. He hasn't done anything to suggest he has let it go. It isn't hard to put 2 and 2 together to see that he is very bitter and is coming back out of spite.[/quote]

1- The Vikings run the SAME offense Favre has run his whole life, said it himself that he could coach it... the Redskins DO NOT

2- The Vikings have a way better team than the Redskins, so why on earth would he go there over the Vikes?

3- The Jets were not a good fit for him. He even said the playbook had to be so condensed last season just so he could call a play. Now you add in a brand new coach... you wonder why he retired from there?

theres a lot more to the puzzle... just jokers like you that think hes out to get you. He is doing what's best for him, like many, if not all pro athletes do. The Packers didn't want him, he's now doing whats best for his football career... deal with it sally.

Gunakor
06-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I find it curious BF is still riding his tractor down in MS... :?:

Deanna is now riding his tractor. I think it was Snake that posted a life size image.

Pacopete4
06-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I find it curious BF is still riding his tractor down in MS... :?:

Deanna is now riding his tractor. I think it was Snake that posted a life size image.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gunakor
06-25-2009, 11:15 AM
1- The Vikings run the SAME offense Favre has run his whole life, said it himself that he could coach it... the Redskins DO NOT

2- The Vikings have a way better team than the Redskins, so why on earth would he go there over the Vikes?

1) There is some legitimacy to this argument, although it isn't the exact same offense. It's a similar offense, but different in the fact that it doesn't rely upon the QB to make it go. They won't be asking Brett to make the plays, or at least shouldn't be as long as AP is lining up behind him.

2) Very disputable. The Vikings certainly don't have a WAY better team than the Redskins. If they are a better team, it's by a very small margin. And, like the Vikings, the Redskins are only an exceptional quarterback away from being legitimate SB contenders. Don't forget that they too have an exceptional RB in Portis, a speedy WR in Moss, and an extremely versatile TE in Cooley. 4 first round picks make up their defensive backfield, and they just made Haynesworth a very rich man playing on their defensive line. Aside from your first example, the difference between the two teams is almost nil.

gex
06-25-2009, 12:18 PM

1) There is some legitimacy to this argument, although it isn't the exact same offense. It's a similar offense, but different in the fact that it doesn't rely upon the QB to make it go. They won't be asking Brett to make the plays, or at least shouldn't be as long as AP is lining up behind him.

2) Very disputable. The Vikings certainly don't have a WAY better team than the Redskins. If they are a better team, it's by a very small margin. And, like the Vikings, the Redskins are only an exceptional quarterback away from being legitimate SB contenders. Don't forget that they too have an exceptional RB in Portis, a speedy WR in Moss, and an extremely versatile TE in Cooley. 4 first round picks make up their defensive backfield, and they just made Haynesworth a very rich man playing on their defensive line. Aside from your first example, the difference between the two teams is almost nil.

Only o few narrow minded children still think that spite or sticking it to Teddy is high on the list of Brett Favres decision to return.
Everthing is in place for him in Minny to make a final run for another ring.
IMO the Vikes are head and shoulders above the Skins, both talentwise and team cohesiveness.

Gunakor
06-25-2009, 12:30 PM

Only o few narrow minded children still think that spite or sticking it to Teddy is high on the list of Brett Favres decision to return.
IMO the Vikes are head and shoulders above the Skins, both talentwise and team cohesiveness.

I don't care how freaking high spite is on that list. It's there, however high or low. It's there. Only blind loyalists still think that Favre's decision to return to play for the Vikings revolves specifically around a desire to win football games. While I agree that it's not just this or just that, the fact that it isn't JUST football is what makes us upset. That spite plays any role whatsoever is more than enough.

Pacopete4
06-25-2009, 12:33 PM
I don't care how freaking high spite is on that list. It's there, however high or low. It's there. Only blind loyalists still think that Favre's decision to return to play for the Vikings revolves specifically around a desire to win football games. While I agree that it's not just this or just that, the fact that it isn't JUST football is what makes us upset. That spite plays any role whatsoever is more than enough.

his competitive nature is what made you love him, and now makes you hate him... very interesting...

Fritz
06-25-2009, 12:34 PM
There's a picture of Deanna on a lawn tractor? I'm sorry, but a woman who mows lawn is flat-out sexy.

RashanGary
06-25-2009, 12:39 PM
There's a picture of Deanna on a lawn tractor? I'm sorry, but a woman who mows lawn is flat-out sexy.

Comment removed - Admin

Fritz
06-25-2009, 12:41 PM
I can't say I've heard her speak but I have heard she's a smart woman.

So I can't say for sure.

But a woman who does yard work - yeah baby!

Gunakor
06-25-2009, 12:57 PM

his competitive nature is what made you love him, and now makes you hate him... very interesting...

He could have the same competitive nature and still make it just about football. His competitive nature for 16 seasons as a Packer had nothing to do with spite whatsoever. It was about winning football games. That's all. That's the difference.

Freak Out
06-25-2009, 01:04 PM

Comment removed - Admin

The Prince has spoken......you shooting for Partial status with the ladies now? :lol:

Pacopete4
06-25-2009, 01:07 PM

He could have the same competitive nature and still make it just about football. His competitive nature for 16 seasons as a Packer had nothing to do with spite whatsoever. It was about winning football games. That's all. That's the difference.

ah bullshit... that competitive nature comes out from anything. People telling him he cant do something, someone telling him hes washed up. THOSE are some of the reasons he kept playing. But yes, those are minor things as his main thing is still WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES. This TT thing is just another log on the fire my friend.

Freak Out
06-25-2009, 01:09 PM
gota go; headn to meet with 2 young kids (10 and 8 yrs old) who havnt seen their mom since ages 4 and 2 (NEVER met their father btw) who are in their 3rd foster home after being sexually assaulted in their previous 2

Are you going to adopt, take them in or are you just doing some social work.

My hats off to you.....

Fritz
06-25-2009, 01:15 PM

ah bullshit... that competitive nature comes out from anything. People telling him he cant do something, someone telling him hes washed up. THOSE are some of the reasons he kept playing. But yes, those are minor things as his main thing is still WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES. This TT thing is just another log on the fire my friend.

So if people started telling him he can't seem to be able to retire, would he do that just to show he could? Hmmm. It's a thought.

RashanGary
06-25-2009, 01:31 PM

comment removed - admin

The Prince has spoken......you shooting for Partial status with the ladies now? :lol:

I'm not a seeker of attention. I'm the messenger of truth. If those ... Comment edited - Admin.

Gunakor
06-25-2009, 01:33 PM

TT never said he was washed up. Neither did anyone else. I'd like you to post your source that gave you this information. By all reported accounts, we moved on because Brett retired and we had a 24 year old fully groomed QB waiting for an opportunity. Your argument entirely omits the fact that Favre would have remained the starting quarterback for the Green Bay Packers had he not confirmed that he was retired from football and the Green Bay Packers. So it wasn't because he was washed up, it's because he quit. Again, if you are so certain it was because the Packers told him he was washed up that he has become spiteful, please post a link to a credible source supporting this theory.

My belief is that Favre became spiteful the moment he realized Thompson wasn't going to wipe his ass after every shit the way Sherman did, and thought himself better than fair or equal treatment, having become THE Green Bay Packers. Granted that's only my belief. But the diva act that followed his first false retirement only strengthens that belief.

Have you ever had a job that you quit, only to regret quitting? I have. Funny, I didn't get my job back either when I asked. In fact, they never even considered it. I've come to understand that this is the way it generally goes. When you quit, someone else has to be hired/promoted to fill that vacancy. The position is then unavailable when you come back. The fact that Ted and Mike would even consider bringing him back as a starter, moving Rodgers back down to #2 after already handing him the keys, is more than almost any other employer would have done.

Deputy Nutz
06-25-2009, 01:37 PM

Offensive comment removed - please note that Deputy Nutz's reply is to the removed comment and not the Fritz comment - Admin

Why is this useful? I know you try to think of yourself as a funny person, but there is no basis for this opinion or comment. Anything you can come up with to slander, or speak ill of Brett Favre or his family.

Deanna has done a lot for the community of Wisconsin, Green Bay, and also in Mississippi. She has been a leader in the Cancer community. My sister in law has met her on several occasions and has listened to her speak, her opinion is she is certainly not a dumb person, but one that is intelligent and very brave, and caring.

She was never one to seek the lime light because of her husband's fame, that is until she developed breast cancer and realized how lucky she was because she had the capabilities to get the top notch treatment to cure her disease, unlike many other women in America, so she spoke out, and has done a fantastic job at raising money, and promoting the awareness and detection of breast cancer.

Again, I know you are not the majority of Packer fans, and thank god for that, but you and several others are a good reason why I have developed a growing dislike for Packer fans.

Edit - Well said Deputy Nutz. Thank you for voicing your opinion. - Admin

RashanGary
06-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Good observation, nutz. There is a good majority of bad people that are Packer fans. Now you can go on hating the right crowd :)

RashanGary
06-25-2009, 02:17 PM
comment removed - Admin

Packers4Ever
06-25-2009, 04:14 PM

I sincerely believe Favre has enough money to buy whatever number he
want from whomever has it.

MJ I missed something along the way - won't Brett be keeping #4 ? :oops:

]{ilr]3
06-25-2009, 04:49 PM

I sincerely believe Favre has enough money to buy whatever number he
want from whomever has it.

MJ I missed something along the way - won't Brett be keeping #4 ? :oops:

I think he should show his inner self and wear #2
:laugh:
http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/images/avatars/2653064764a424c8e608ae.jpg

woodbuck27
06-25-2009, 05:12 PM

SC

ive evloved so much in that regard and i credit wisdom and life experiences; my first love has cancer for crying out loud! so who cares if the lakers win nba champ (life-long celtics fan thanks to larry joe bird and always HATED l.a.)

a client's father of mine made a very interesting point last month....i asked him who his team was in the nfl. he replied "whoever wins because they were the ones who rose to the occassion." he said he doesnt get personally invested like some fanatics because theres so many more importnt things in our lives to consider

i know most posters wont be converted but i hope folks can learn to keep pro sports in perspective and just reflect on the excitement that lord favre brought us and keep it moving

go pack
go favre
go moss
go AP
go big ben
go romo (fellow wisconsinite/my prom date grew up in his home town)
go mcnabb
go denzel washington - ENTERTAINMENT

Awesome sense MOBB DEEP and good luck with your life man.

The're alot of people in our world that we might lower ourselves to hatred but to go there with a man like Brett Favre is is way beyond sensable. It appears to me as merely a vehicle for some to vent their obvious frustrations with themselves, and those people have no sense of pride or embarassment. They just go on banging. :D

I love Brett Favre as a Pro athlete that has given me such awesome entertainment. I respect his courage to want to continue playing as I realize he's like most of us, and would stop when he realizes he can no longer enjoy the preperation and time needed to compete.

Favre is now simply an Ex-Packer. He's a Pro and as a Viking he will play his best to advance his team to and in the playoffs. It's all just there and no more than that. The Packer team will do it's best to stand in his way. I say lets enjoy the show. :D

GO PACKERS!

Scott Campbell
06-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Does Adding Favre Mean Vikings Are For Sale?
Posted by Mike Florio on June 25, 2009, 11:10 a.m. EDT

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/25/does-adding-favre-mean-vikings-are-for-sale/

pbmax
06-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Last year without premium, proven QBs, the Vikings went 10-6 (+46pts) and won a division. The Redskins (-31pts) went 8-8. While the gap has closed, the East was a very tough division.

Childress may prove to be inept as a coach, but he has a long and successful pedigree which includes the trust and admiration of Andy Reid, Favre's former QB coach. Jim Zorn emerged from anonymity to be QB coach on Holmgren's staff and made a Super Bowl. There is the Holmgren connection, but I am not aware of Favre ever mentioning the guy, whether or not Holmgren might vouch for him. And this doesn't even cover Darrel Bevell.

Purple Jesus is younger and better than Portis in the last two years. There is rumbling that Portis is hitting the RB wall, although that is hard to discern with the team O struggling in Washington. Receiver might be the only position where the advantage is Washington's. Although don't underestimate the Shiancoe (with or without the towel).

Snyder might open the vault for Favre, but if he was willing, were is the offer? He has chased every other QB this offseason. Except they were all younger.

At his age, Favre isn't chasing the biggest paycheck. He has a list of things he wants. Except for WRs, the Vikings have better answers. I am not saying putting T2 in his place isn't on the list, I am sure its there, but he has other needs and priorities. Which is entirely the problem with this veteran QB.

Scott Campbell
06-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Ther're alot of people in our world that we might lower ourselves to hatred but to go there with a man like Brett Favre is is way beyond sensable. It appears to me as merely a vehicle for some to vent their obvious frustrations with themselves, and those people have no sense of pride or embarassment. They just go on banging. :D

I prefer not to judge people solely on their views on football.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-25-2009, 05:49 PM

Ty may be on to the truth. And if it's not that, then if Favre has a third daughter out there somewhere he could be King Lear.

We are talking greek tragedy, not shakespeare. My god, can't you stay on track?

woodbuck27
06-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Ther're alot of people in our world that we might lower ourselves to hatred but to go there with a man like Brett Favre is is way beyond sensable. It appears to me as merely a vehicle for some to vent their obvious frustrations with themselves, and those people have no sense of pride or embarassment. They just go on banging. :D

Yes but Brett Favre's view is that he still desires to play football Scott. Do you go past judging to sentencing him? Just wondering Scott to understand you.

woodbuck27
06-25-2009, 06:02 PM

Patler, any idea?

Jee it's different up here in Canada. We'd be pleased with a case of beer. A flat 'of course'. That's a case of 24 bottles in case your not familiar with that term 'flat'. That would set you back under $40 bucks Cdn. here in the Montreal area.

Scott Campbell
06-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Do you go past judging to sentencing him?

Sentencing him?

Ok - 60 days in Canada. That'll teach him.

Scott Campbell
06-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey, Brett did some wonderful things as a Packer - like being supportive of Koren Robinson for instance. But it's not like I'd have questioned his Christian faith if he hadn't supported the guy.

falco
06-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Hey, Brett did some wonderful things as a Packer - like being supportive of Koren Robinson for instance. But it's not like I'd have questioned his Christian faith if he hadn't supported the guy.

Yes, but when Jesus returned from the grave he didn't go side with the lions versus the Christians in the coliseum.

Is that even funny? Maybe I should apologize in advance.

Scott Campbell
06-25-2009, 06:16 PM

Yes, but when Jesus returned from the grave he didn't go side with the lions versus the Christians in the coliseum.

We sometimes forget that the Lions had a pretty ferocious offense.

pbmax
06-25-2009, 06:19 PM

We sometimes forget that the Lions had a pretty good offense.
And home Coliseum advantage.

Rastak
06-25-2009, 06:27 PM

Funny? Nah, but not offensive either.

Falco, you should try to live by the words of the great Al Harris who decreed that any true Packer fan would not be upset, but revere him anyway.

:wink: :D

falco
06-25-2009, 06:35 PM

Falco, you should try to live by the words of the great Al Harris who decreed that any true Packer fan would not be upset, but revere him anyway.

:wink: :D

In all honesty Ras, I'm as happy as a clam that Favre is going to the Vikes. I think it is going to be a great year for football, and the anticipation is already building.

It's just a freaking game, and Favre is just one dude. To me, it ain't no thang but a chicken wing.

Scott Campbell
06-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Funny? Nah.........

Dude, my tax accountant has a better sense of humor than you do. :lol:

I thought it was funny.

falco
06-25-2009, 06:40 PM

I guess that means I'm 0 for 2 then.

woodbuck27
06-25-2009, 06:49 PM

1." I think Favre deserves to play this year. And all packer fans deserve the right to cheer against him. " falco

So because it's a free society that means those who still support Favre the NFL QB stiil can cheer any success as that's perceived.

2. " I've said it before - if TT booted Favre to the curb, I would cheer for him to win a superbowl with another team (assuming he wasn't playing the pack). " falco

A reasonable choice falco. So as long as the Packers have a shot 'of course', you as a resonable Packer fan, would cheer the Packers over any other team. As an NFL fan I'm always switching loyalties as certain teams fall beside the wayside. Often I have non favourite games rather simply wish for a great or closely competitive game.

3. " But for him to go to the vikings just out of spite? That's a slap in the face to every packer fan. " falco

Is that (Favre's spite) his motivation? If so is that based in opinion or a fact of truth? What is your evidence he decided to consider Minnesota out of spite as a major motivator falco?

GO PACKERS!

falco
06-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Is that (Favre's spite) his motivation? If so is that based in opinion or a fact of truth? What is your evidence he decided to consider Minnesota out of spite as a major motivator falco?

GO PACKERS!

I think Favre's feelings and motives have been pretty well documented. I have neither the motivation nor passion (I don't care and I'm lazy) to do the research. Feel free to take a look yourself though. I wasn't aware that they made blinders that fit a moose.

:rs:

falco
06-25-2009, 06:54 PM
That's right, consider yourself warned...

I'm offensive and creative like handicapped porn.

woodbuck27
06-25-2009, 07:20 PM

GO PACKERS!

I think Favre's feelings and motives have been pretty well documented. I have neither the motivation nor passion (I don't care and I'm lazy) to do the research. Feel free to take a look yourself though. I wasn't aware that they made blinders that fit a moose.

You don't care and your lazy (falco). Now there's a confession.

and. . .

Do you see any blinders on that moose falco? I don't. Although moose are sight impaired our health plan doesn't cover them for glass's etc. I'm thinking some bright American starlet might just look into making that a cause like save the whales and/or save the sharks.

and we're off topic. There's your release hold.

Packers!

Rastak
06-25-2009, 07:20 PM

I guess that means I'm 0 for 2 then.

Sorry dude, ok...I laughed and laughed.........and then became really outraged.

I agree with your other comment though, it will make the season really interesting if nothing else.

Gunakor
06-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Snyder might open the vault for Favre, but if he was willing, were is the offer?

My guess is that Snyder realizes, just like the rest of us realize, that the Vikings are the only team Favre would come back to play for. Knowing that there's zero chance Favre would even entertain an offer, much less accept one, why make the offer in the first place?

woodbuck27
06-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Yes, why is he only talking to the Vikes?? If he is still hell bent on revenge he's playing for all the wrong reasons! I'll believe BF is a queen when I see the PC in Minneapolis. The thought of him wearing purple is repugnant to me big time. :P But what I'd love to know what the hold up is here? I find it curious BF is still riding his tractor down in MS... :?:

As long as we're posting all sorts of unfounded and negative stories about Favre. SLANDER.

What about something positive? Thinking outside the box.

Favre is a FA. He hasn't signed officially with the Vikings or any team. Maybe he still hopes to return to the Packers?

1. Afterall our offense declined somewhat (about 5th to 8th) after he was traded to the Jets.

2. Favre in Green Bay means no Favre in Minnesota.

GO PACK GO!

Tyrone Bigguns
06-25-2009, 07:32 PM

We sometimes forget that the Lions had a pretty good offense.
And home Coliseum advantage.

Not to mention Jesus had his own TT, Judas.

woodbuck27
06-25-2009, 07:33 PM

Of course your correct.

woodbuck27
06-25-2009, 07:35 PM

TT never said he was washed up. Neither did anyone else. I'd like you to post your source that gave you this information. By all reported accounts, we moved on because Brett retired and we had a 24 year old fully groomed QB waiting for an opportunity. Your argument entirely omits the fact that Favre would have remained the starting quarterback for the Green Bay Packers had he not confirmed that he was retired from football and the Green Bay Packers. So it wasn't because he was washed up, it's because he quit. Again, if you are so certain it was because the Packers told him he was washed up that he has become spiteful, please post a link to a credible source supporting this theory.

My belief is that Favre became spiteful the moment he realized Thompson wasn't going to wipe his ass after every shit the way Sherman did, and thought himself better than fair or equal treatment, having become THE Green Bay Packers. Granted that's only my belief. But the diva act that followed his first false retirement only strengthens that belief.

Have you ever had a job that you quit, only to regret quitting? I have. Funny, I didn't get my job back either when I asked. In fact, they never even considered it. I've come to understand that this is the way it generally goes. When you quit, someone else has to be hired/promoted to fill that vacancy. The position is then unavailable when you come back. The fact that Ted and Mike would even consider bringing him back as a starter, moving Rodgers back down to #2 after already handing him the keys, is more than almost any other employer would have done.

Yes to it all.

woodbuck27
06-25-2009, 07:46 PM

Offensive comment removed - please note that Deputy Nutz's reply is to the removed comment and not the Fritz comment - Admin

Why is this useful? I know you try to think of yourself as a funny person, but there is no basis for this opinion or comment. Anything you can come up with to slander, or speak ill of Brett Favre or his family.

Deanna has done a lot for the community of Wisconsin, Green Bay, and also in Mississippi. She has been a leader in the Cancer community. My sister in law has met her on several occasions and has listened to her speak, her opinion is she is certainly not a dumb person, but one that is intelligent and very brave, and caring.

She was never one to seek the lime light because of her husband's fame, that is until she developed breast cancer and realized how lucky she was because she had the capabilities to get the top notch treatment to cure her disease, unlike many other women in America, so she spoke out, and has done a fantastic job at raising money, and promoting the awareness and detection of breast cancer.

Again, I know you are not the majority of Packer fans, and thank god for that, but you and several others are a good reason why I have developed a growing dislike for Packer fans.

Edit - Well said Deputy Nutz. Thank you for voicing your opinion. - Admin

This whole Favre issue has been difficult on a large percentage of really dedicated Packer fans Deputy Nutz. To see where it's taken you adds to my respect for you. I indeed respect you as one of the most knowledgeable members of Packerrats in terms of football. Yet it can get deeper than that in terms of our loyalties for not only 'the team' but certain players.

It was tough to see Ahman Green go. I'm sure members have had to deal with the loss of other players that made a special contribution to our team.

GO PACKERS!

woodbuck27
06-25-2009, 07:49 PM

Good Scott.

woodbuck27
06-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Do you go past judging to sentencing him?

Sentencing him?

Ok - 60 days in Canada. That'll teach him.

Not so bad long as it's not blackfly season.

HarveyWallbangers
06-25-2009, 09:04 PM
I wasn't aware that they made blinders that fit a moose.

This was a good one.

But you have to let somebody else give you the :rs:

HarveyWallbangers
06-25-2009, 09:06 PM
I indeed respect you as one of the most knowledgeable members of Packerrats in terms of football.

How come people only say this to people that agree with them on the issues?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I indeed respect you as one of the most knowledgeable members of Packerrats in terms of football.

That's not true. Ty disagrees with you often, but i think you are very knowledgeable....misguided and wrong, but knowledgeable.

Scott Campbell
06-25-2009, 09:24 PM

http://stuffthatmoves.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/andy_rooney.jpg

pbmax
06-25-2009, 09:53 PM

http://stuffthatmoves.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/andy_rooney.jpg

Brett's grown his hair out.

cpk1994
06-25-2009, 09:56 PM

Who cares where it is on his list. The fact that it is there at all makes the man scum. Very disinegnous from a player who stands behoid the "love of the game" line.

The Leaper
06-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Favre can do what he wants...but the guy simply can't stay on top of his game for 19-20 games in a season anymore.

The Vikings have zero chance of winning a title with Favre IMO, and they will have set their team back at least one more year because of it.

IF the Vikings were able to get Favre last year...and IF they were able to get him early enough for him to be there all of training camp...then I like the move for Minny.

Now...off injury and another year older? No thanks. Dumb move by purple.

cpk1994
06-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Favre can do what he wants...but the guy simply can't stay on top of his game for 19-20 games in a season anymore.

The Vikings have zero chance of winning a title with Favre IMO, and they will have set their team back at least one more year because of it.

IF the Vikings were able to get Favre last year...and IF they were able to get him early enough for him to be there all of training camp...then I like the move for Minny.

Now...off injury and another year older? No thanks. Dumb move by purple.Desperation will drive a man to do many things. This is Childress' last desperate attempt to save his own job.

Deputy Nutz
06-25-2009, 10:26 PM

Leaper, Nice to see you around

Deputy Nutz
06-25-2009, 10:28 PM

What I can't get a complement with out you slandering my good name?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-25-2009, 10:35 PM

Maybe it is your spelling.

Rastak
06-25-2009, 10:46 PM

What up Leaper?

Zero is a crazy number to toss around. The injury he had was something he should not have been playing with. He did that with Green Bay too. When hurt, sit your ass down. That was Mangini (and earlier Sherman's) fault.

Here's my take. From what medical opinions I've read it sounds like his arm should be just fine. Here's the thing. You never know when a dude's age throws him off the cliff. It's ENTIRELY possible that this happens this very year. Until he got hurt, it sure as hell wasn't last year.

I will freely admit I was extremely sceptical about how this might turn out, and still am somewhat. I'm warming to the idea for the following reasons with caveats.

1) Teams stacked 8 and 9 in the box the last 2 years as well as ran run blitzes with great regularity. The one thing the old dude can do is get the ball off quick and find the guy whose defender left for said blitz. Can he still do that? Yes indeed I am thinking.

2) Pocket awareness. Does he still have that? Of course, you won't lose that. The big question is if he is slows down enough it doesn't matter how
much he senses....if the muscles ain't reacting quick enough you go down.

3) Reading defenses. Sorely lacking with the QB's the Vikings have fielded. We'll see how much the physical tools have eroded. This is probably the biggest thing that could help the team. It sort of goes right along with #1 and is kind of the same thing.

Last year the Vikings ditched Jackson after a couple of games and won the division with Frerotte. They didn't dominate or anything but did pull it out. Jackson can;t read a defense to save his life and Frerotte hung onto the ball too long and did not have any sort of pocket presence.

Improvement? A very good chance. The arm is going to wear out so throw the ball effectively 20-25 times a game and if in the lead, ass to the bench Favre. In addition, if they run a few wildcats with Taylor, Peterson, Harvin and Jackson he has a few less reps.

I'm uneasy about the entire thing because guys at his age lose it fast.....we'll see how it goes.

HarveyWallbangers
06-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Here's my take. From what medical opinions I've read it sounds like his arm should be just fine. Here's the thing. You never know when a dude's age throws him off the cliff. It's ENTIRELY possible that this happens this very year. Until he got hurt, it sure as hell wasn't last year.

I promised I wouldn't talk about Favre much, but I have to say that I disagree. I thought his arm strength was noticeably weaker (not dramatically, but noiceably) before his injury. BTW, a medical expert had a report several weeks ago when this came out and said that the the tendon has little to do with arm strength. It's the pain you have to deal with--more than how it actually affects your arm. The expert said that, at most, your arm strength would be affected by 3% playing with the injury. They could be wrong, but that's what I read. Also, John Elway played his final 2-3 years in the league with one biceps tendon (the other was ruptured). I didn't see it affecting him as much as some people have made out Favre's injury from last year.

HarveyWallbangers
06-25-2009, 11:44 PM
So, I took a look at Brett's five interceptions in the last two games. Here's what I see.

1) Poor decision. Could be arm strength, but if Brett is 22 and decides to throw it where he did, it's going to get picked. A "what was he thinking" moment.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80d8a813/Seahawks-Defense-Highlight-WK-16-vs-Jets-2008

2) Poor decision--although I can't blame him because it was a desperate situation.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80d8cd42/Seahawks-Defense-Highlight-WK-16-vs-Jets-2008

3) Either an overthrow or a misroute by Washington. Not because of arm strength.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80db7bb9/Dolphins-Defense-Highlight-WK-17-vs-Jets-2008

4) Poor decision. Throws an interception on a screen pass. A "what was he thinking" moment.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80db83a0/Dolphins-Defense-Highlight-WK-17-vs-Jets-2008

5) Poor decision. This was a 5 yard pass that Favre threw too high. Jets were down 7 with 5 minutes left at the Dolphins 30. A "what was he thinking" moment.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80db9af4/Dolphins-Defense-Highlight-WK-17-vs-Jets-2008

I don't think any of these interceptions had anything to do with arm strength.

To me, his arm strength doesn't look much different than it did earlier in the year on these plays.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80db85e8/Brett-Favre-Highlight-WK-17-vs-Dolphins-2008

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80d8cc12/Brett-Favre-Highlight-WK-16-vs-Seahawks-2008

I'm really not trying to stir the pot, but just trying to fairly analyze the whole arm strength was the reason for his poor play down the stretch angle.

I don't think his arm strength was as strong as it was in his youth, That really wasn't my point. I think his arm strength is still plenty good enough to win. I just don't really buy that it's the reason for his struggles down the stretch. It could be, but his decision making seem to let him down more than anything.

MOBB DEEP
06-25-2009, 11:55 PM
SC

Because I think that what he did was morally wrong. And because it's my right to feel how I feel.

no i dont, waht is it?

MOBB DEEP
06-26-2009, 12:23 AM

Are you going to adopt, take them in or are you just doing some social work.

My hats off to you.....

they are actually with an excellent foster family that will be adopting them by the end of the year (MY hats off to that family/God-fearing church folk)

my job is to help the boys explore and process their early childhood development/experiences so that they can have a successful transition into adulthood

i used to complain about my childhood issues until i started providing therapeutic services to kids with serious heart-wrenchn issues 12 years ago

Deputy Nutz
06-26-2009, 01:24 AM

Oh my god I misspelled a word. Thank god we have you around to correct us. Piss off.

Scott Campbell
06-26-2009, 07:21 AM
SC

no i dont, waht is it?

The guys who play the villains are heels. It's all a part of the entertainment.

Packnut
06-26-2009, 08:26 AM

I promised I wouldn't talk about Favre much, but I have to say that I disagree. I thought his arm strength was noticeably weaker (not dramatically, but noiceably) before his injury. BTW, a medical expert had a report several weeks ago when this came out and said that the the tendon has little to do with arm strength. It's the pain you have to deal with--more than how it actually affects your arm. The expert said that, at most, your arm strength would be affected by 3% playing with the injury. They could be wrong, but that's what I read. Also, John Elway played his final 2-3 years in the league with one biceps tendon (the other was ruptured). I didn't see it affecting him as much as some people have made out Favre's injury from last year.

There is no way of knowing how it affected him. It had to hurt every time he threw so who knows what part it played into it. He should have benched himself but that's not his mentality.

Like many, I also have my doubts that he can beat "father time". However, I do know from a football standpoint that he is going into the "perfect storm". He has a running game with a solid o-line. 2007 was'nt that long ago and as an aging QB he had a career year when almost everyone though the was washed up.

It will be very interesting to see how this all unfolds. It's great drama and good conversation.

ThunderDan
06-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Like many, I also have my doubts that he can beat "father time". However, I do know from a football standpoint that he is going into the "perfect storm". He has a running game with a solid o-line. 2007 was'nt that long ago and as an aging QB he had a career year when almost everyone though the was washed up.

You do know the "Good Guys" all drown in The Perect Storm. :lol:

pbmax
06-26-2009, 09:08 AM
There is no way of knowing how it affected him. It had to hurt every time he threw so who knows what part it played into it. He should have benched himself but that's not his mentality.
We did get a couple of direct quotes from Favre on this issue. He has stated several times that this injury hurt him on certain throws and might have changed his mechanics on those to avoid the pain. How much changed and how frequently he felt it, we obviously can't judge and Favre himself might not be able to put a percentage on it.

But this kind of injury and others are going to get more, not less frequent. I would almost bet a different issue crops up before this one causes him more problems.

As to the playing through it, Holmgren contributed to the iron man persona too. He played exceptional in the Bear game (5 TDs) after mangling his ankle at the Vikings the previous week. No one who saw the foot thought he would play. I sat the son of a gun in fantasy that week. Oy.

Packnut
06-26-2009, 09:21 AM

You do know the "Good Guys" all drown in The Perect Storm. :lol:

:lol:

Zool
06-26-2009, 09:22 AM

While I hate the idea of a Packer HOF player on the Vikings, this is a genius move by the Vikings. This will generate a bunch of cash, publicity and possibly local support for the fancy new stadium they've been wanting for about the last 10 years. If they start 6-2 just you watch. There will be an influx of Viking fans here looking to talk shit. More buzz around the team can never be a bad thing.

Packnut
06-26-2009, 09:23 AM
We did get a couple of direct quotes from Favre on this issue. He has stated several times that this injury hurt him on certain throws and might have changed his mechanics on those to avoid the pain. How much changed and how frequently he felt it, we obviously can't judge and Favre himself might not be able to put a percentage on it.

But this kind of injury and others are going to get more, not less frequent. I would almost bet a different issue crops up before this one causes him more problems.

As to the playing through it, Holmgren contributed to the iron man persona too. He played exceptional in the Bear game (5 TDs) after mangling his ankle at the Vikings the previous week. No one who saw the foot thought he would play. I sat the son of a gun in fantasy that week. Oy.

He has defied the law of averages, but I just can't see him staying healthy all season. I'm a firm believer in history prediciting the future and there is a reason 40 yr old QB's don't last.

Packnut
06-26-2009, 09:26 AM

While I hate the idea of a Packer HOF player on the Vikings, this is a genius move by the Vikings. This will generate a bunch of cash, publicity and possibly local support for the fancy new stadium they've been wanting for about the last 10 years. If they start 6-2 just you watch. There will be an influx of Viking fans here looking to talk shit. More buzz around the team can never be a bad thing.

Could'nt agree more. Great move by the Vikes. I can see them starting out hot and creating a huge buzz.

pbmax
06-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Will Favre in Minnesota provide enough momentum for a stadium initiative or just a boost in the bottom line for a year or two?

Fritz
06-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Ras I respect your thinking as to warming up to the idea, and your points are good. At the same time, I respectfully disagree in that I think that those attributes are not all Favre brings. Those attributes alone would make a quarterback a game manager - and I think that's exactly what Minnesota could use. But that's not all Favre brings. He brings spectacular, unexpected plays, but he also - more and more, to me - brings boneheaded decisions.

I am of the mind he needs a strong coach to keep him from going off the deep end. I don't get the impression Childress is that guy, any more than Sherman was. Sherman's luck was that he had Favre at a time when the guy had experience but could still sling the ball. Not sure if Chilly gets part B with a 39 year old Favre.

But you could be right - if Favre stays within himself (I love that phrase - no existential out of body experiences!) this could be a tough team.

cpk1994
06-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Will Favre in Minnesota provide enough momentum for a stadium initiative or just a boost in the bottom line for a year or two?The Vikings chance of getting a stadium is almost nil even with Favre, especially since the Gophers got their own stadium and the Twins got one as well. The latter half of your question is the most likely scenario.

Fritz
06-26-2009, 09:47 AM
L.A. already took the Lakers. Will they take the Vikings?

I hope not. I enjoy hating on Minnesota. And I like Minneapolis/St. Paul.

ThunderDan
06-26-2009, 10:12 AM
L.A. already took the Lakers. Will they take the Vikings?

I hope not. I enjoy hating on Minnesota. And I like Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Would the NFL realign the NFC if Minnesota did move? Bring St. Lious into the North and move LA/Minn to the West?

Fritz
06-26-2009, 10:18 AM
For me, that'd suck.

You know, the title of this thread disturbs me. When I think of "Favre lovers" I picture various Packerrats posters - the ones who are his unadulterated fans, some of them male - making out with Brett Favre.

Disturbing.

Pugger
06-26-2009, 10:31 AM
I just don't see BF as the game manager that MN needs. We all know how he gets overly excited in big games and screws up. If he does indeed sign with the queens we can only hope history repeats itself!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Rastak
06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Ras I respect your thinking as to warming up to the idea, and your points are good. At the same time, I respectfully disagree in that I think that those attributes are not all Favre brings. Those attributes alone would make a quarterback a game manager - and I think that's exactly what Minnesota could use. But that's not all Favre brings. He brings spectacular, unexpected plays, but he also - more and more, to me - brings boneheaded decisions.

I am of the mind he needs a strong coach to keep him from going off the deep end. I don't get the impression Childress is that guy, any more than Sherman was. Sherman's luck was that he had Favre at a time when the guy had experience but could still sling the ball. Not sure if Chilly gets part B with a 39 year old Favre.

But you could be right - if Favre stays within himself (I love that phrase - no existential out of body experiences!) this could be a tough team.

Actually Chilly WILL yank guys when they don't take care of the ball...plus, his offense is rather rigid, to a fault actually. Would Chilly yank a dude of Favre's stature? I think so but I could be wrong.

Scott Campbell
06-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Will Favre in Minnesota provide enough momentum for a stadium initiative or just a boost in the bottom line for a year or two?The Vikings chance of getting a stadium is almost nil even with Favre, especially since the Gophers got their own stadium and the Twins got one as well. The latter half of your question is the most likely scenario.

I heard from some locals that the stadium money really got questioned after the bridge collapsed.

Rastak
06-26-2009, 10:43 AM

I heard from some locals that the stadium money really got questioned after the bridge collapsed.

Haven't heard that one and I am a local...it's usually "spend it on schools instead".

Scott Campbell
06-26-2009, 10:58 AM

Haven't heard that one and I am a local...it's usually "spend it on schools instead".

I heard it up to a couple months after the collapse. Haven't heard it lately. There doesn't seem like much public support to build them a suitable facility.

Packnut
06-26-2009, 11:25 AM
For me, that'd suck.

You know, the title of this thread disturbs me. When I think of "Favre lovers" I picture various Packerrats posters - the ones who are his unadulterated fans, some of them male - making out with Brett Favre.

Disturbing.

Therapy may be required to cure the things you "picture".

HarveyWallbangers
06-26-2009, 11:51 AM
2007 was'nt that long ago and as an aging QB he had a career year when almost everyone though the was washed up.

I agree, and it's why I can't say that it's a bad move by the Vikings (how could you with their QBs?) or that he can't go out in glory. However, I can't get over the fact that he worked hard in the offseason in 2007. He didn't in 2006 and 2008. I think they are related. I know nutz points out that he worked hard in 2005 also, but I consider that an aberration because of his mindset after we lost our first 5 games and with the injuries.

HarveyWallbangers
06-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Could'nt agree more. Great move by the Vikes. I can see them starting out hot and creating a huge buzz.

Great move for off the field reasons, but ultimately it will be judged by whether they win a Super Bowl or not. On the field, this is what they are hoping for. This is what the fans will expect. I won't say it's a complete failure without a Super Bowl ring, but they better get to at least the NFC Championship Game, and he better not end the season with a crushing game-losing interception in the playoffs. Otherwise, why waste the time?

HarveyWallbangers
06-26-2009, 11:57 AM
The Vikings chance of getting a stadium is almost nil even with Favre, especially since the Gophers got their own stadium and the Twins got one as well. The latter half of your question is the most likely scenario.

The Vikings will get their stadium--with or without Favre. It just won't happen until the legislature feels it has to happen. I HIGHLY doubt the Vikings go anywhere. The Vikings are locked into their lease for three more years, so I expect a stadium gets approved next offseason or the one after that.

HarveyWallbangers
06-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Actually Chilly WILL yank guys when they don't take care of the ball...plus, his offense is rather rigid, to a fault actually. Would Chilly yank a dude of Favre's stature? I think so but I could be wrong.

There's little chance of Childress yanking Favre from a game--not unless they were getting blown out. That would be a good way to lose him for the rest of the season. Favre has never gotten yanked (not even when he was throwing 23 interceptions in 1993). At 40, I don't think Favre would handle that very well mentally.

Rastak
06-26-2009, 12:03 PM

There's little chance of Childress yanking Favre from a game--not unless they were getting blown out. That would be a good way to lose him for the rest of the season. Favre has never gotten yanked (not even when he was throwing 23 interceptions in 1993). At 40, I don't think Favre would handle that very well mentally.

Well, I guess you get what games you can out of him them the yank is for good.

Seriously.

]{ilr]3
06-26-2009, 12:14 PM

Well, I guess you get what games you can out of him them the yank is for good.

Seriously.

I wondered last year why the Jets didnt pull Brent when he was stinking it up on the field. We all know now how monumentally selfish he is. Can you write things into your contract that he cannot be pulled from a game? I dont know if the general public would know all detail of a contract like that.I think its total BS how he used to say its not about the records. That games started streak means a lot to him.

pbmax
06-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Teams that yank a star are faced with a choice: if you protect him and dissemble with the media over the reason, you get chaos as everyone puts their own motives to the move in lieu of knowing why the team did it. Just recall some of the theories (some still floating around) about why the Packers didn't want Favre back before it became obvious.

If you tell the truth, then you put a star player, one who can command attention from the media regardless of the team, in a position to oppose you and create whatever size distraction they wish. See Cutler, Jay.

Very few teams ever choose to go that route without an enormously good excuse (injury) that the player buys as well. And it has to be serious enought for the coach not to lose his team over when its OK to sit out injured.

Media rumor-mongering of Childress paints him in a pretty unflattering light; two faced, deceptive and being the smartest guy in the room. Doesn't sound like the guy who will take a stand. But he may have some Alvarez* in him, some cold blue steel in his backbone. I'll bet he hopes we don't need to find out.

* Not a full fledged endorsement of Barry's coaching regime. He put up with an awful lot of bad behavior from some of his guys. But there was never a doubt about who was calling the shots.

Scott Campbell
06-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Brett Favre's team from last year did not seem to come together when their backs were against the wall. It fractured, and split into pro management, or pro Brett camps.

Perfect, if you're a Packer fan.

woodbuck27
06-26-2009, 01:08 PM

Come on Harvey. Respect and agreement often have little in common.

woodbuck27
06-26-2009, 01:13 PM
For me, that'd suck.

Disturbing.

and all the time I've been thinking the one's that have been inspired to hate Favre are acting like jilted lovers. It's so confusing.

GO PACK GO!

Fritz
06-26-2009, 01:20 PM
For me, that'd suck.

Disturbing.

No doubt. Or just change the thread title...

woodbuck27
06-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Brett Favre's team from last year did not seem to come together when their backs were against the wall. It fractured, and split into pro management, or pro Brett camps.

Perfect, if you're a Packer fan.

How many of those final six NY Jet games did you watch on the tube Scott?

If you watched the majority of them it wasn't all on Brett Favre. The Jets just tossed it away after looking so very good. At one point it looked so good in New York that the New York media was almost announcing a Jets and Giants Super Bowl.

Suddenly the wheels came off. Favre was alwaysw tring to dig his team out of a hole with Jet blunders early in games and yes Favre was playing while not in top form as well but who was going to replace him?

GO PACK GO!

Fritz
06-26-2009, 01:23 PM
For me, that'd suck.

Disturbing.

and all the time I've been thinking the one's that have been inspired to hate Favre are acting like jilted lovers. It's so confusing.

GO PACK GO!

Yes, it's confusing. And you might be right, too. In addition, the ones who "love" Brett Favre seem to be the lovers who refuse to believe they've been dumped...they'll love their man forever and refuse to believe their friends who tell them he's been seen all over town with some little tramp who has some alluring features...

So...half of us are bitter...the other half delusional.

Wow.

woodbuck27
06-26-2009, 01:24 PM
For me, that'd suck.

Disturbing.

GO PACK GO!

Yes, it's confusing. And you might be right, too. In addition, the ones who "love" Brett Favre seem to be the lovers who refuse to believe they've been dumped...they'll love their man forever and refuse to believe their friends who tell them he's been seen all over town with some little tramp who has some alluring features...

So...half of us are bitter...the other half delusional.

Wow.

Yup. . . confusing.

Scott Campbell
06-26-2009, 01:55 PM
How many of those final six NY Jet games did you watch on the tube Scott?

If you watched the majority of them it wasn't all on Brett Favre.

Man, those were some fun games to watch. It made everything we went through last summer seem so worth it.

Thank you Brent!!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
06-26-2009, 05:09 PM

Oh my god I misspelled a word. Thank god we have you around to correct us. Piss off.

Lighten up, it was a joke. You asked why..i gave a joking answer.

MJZiggy
06-26-2009, 05:45 PM
I heard it up to a couple months after the collapse. Haven't heard it lately. There doesn't seem like much public support to build them a suitable facility.

That's because the new bridge is done...kinda cool, too.

falco
06-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Man, those were some fun games to watch. It made everything we went through last summer seem so worth it.

Thank you Brent!!!!

I was so sad watching Favre blow it in the last game against the Dolphins. I really wanted to watch him do it in the playoffs.