PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights

GrnBay007
06-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Is anyone here following this series? I didn't until I was at the video store a couple weeks ago and rented season 1. Thought it was great and got season 2....then bought season 3 and have just started watching it. Just learned they are planning to air season 4 and 5.

I really like it and it brings back some memories from the HS years. Haven't decided yet if I want my teens to watch it. Some things are not messages I want to send...ya know?

Love the character of Coach and his wife and also Riggens and Matt. I'd have to say they are my favorites.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Ty hasn't caught the show, but loved the movie. Loved the music in it.

Explosions in the Sky are great.

Deputy Nutz
06-21-2009, 06:34 PM
I think the show is better than the movie. Movie was tough, simply because I was such a big fan of the book. Before every football season from 6th grade on I read the book.

The book is absolutely fantastic, movie just didn't follow the book, and the players weren't cast towards the book at all.

GrnBay007
06-21-2009, 10:11 PM
I think the show is better than the movie. Movie was tough, simply because I was such a big fan of the book. Before every football season from 6th grade on I read the book.

LOL told my son about the book and said I was going to buy it for him to read before football starts. You should have seen the look I got! ...."it's summer, I'm not reading!" lol

Tarlam!
06-23-2009, 12:07 AM
I loved th movie. I have it in my DVD collection. I know a cable channel was airing the series, but I was "under the weather" and didn't really take to much notice.

BTW: I just looked on amazon to see if Leatherheads has been released yet. I can buy a UK import for $50. Think I'll wait till the price comes down.

GrnBay007
06-23-2009, 07:49 AM
I know a cable channel was airing the series, but I was "under the weather" and didn't really take to much notice.

The DVD's of the TV series are very reasonable, well, here they are I should say. I originally rented season 1 and then later found the season 1 and 2 at Target sold as a set for $30. Season 3 was something like $23. I saw the movie too and I like the series better.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I loved th movie. I have it in my DVD collection. I know a cable channel was airing the series, but I was "under the weather" and didn't really take to much notice.

BTW: I just looked on amazon to see if Leatherheads has been released yet. I can buy a UK import for $50. Think I'll wait till the price comes down.

Ty wouldn't pay 10 beans for leatherheads. If you just wanna flush money down the toilet, think of me. PM me and i'll give you my paypal account.