PDA

View Full Version : US Open Golf - Ogilvy a Detroit Lion Fan?

hurleyfan
06-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Well, this weekend is pretty much a washout / rainout here in New York, but they are trying to complete the second round of the U.S. Open golf tournament @Bethpage Black (damn tough course I must say in good weather)
Anywho, I'm watching the Tiger Woods special on T.V. (aren't there other golfers on the course??) and I see a shot of Geoff Ogilvy, and it looks like he's sporting a Detroit Lions shirt!!

Anyone else watching?

Trying to keep this on the "Packer" page and not get bumped to Romper Room, so I titled the thread with the words Detroit Lion!!

oregonpackfan
06-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Last week, I saw a car with a Detroit Lions bumper sticker. Either that guy is truly devoted or is a fan of Lost Causes. :)

Gunakor
06-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Last week, I saw a car with a Detroit Lions bumper sticker. Either that guy is truly devoted or is a fan of Lost Causes. :)

A car with a Lions bumper sticker in Oregon? Wow, and I thought you'd be hard pressed to find a devoted Lions fan in Detroit!

wist43
06-21-2009, 10:02 AM
I saw a Lions T-shirt the other day... that powder blue just looks entirely too effeminate - makes you think they speak French and smell like Lilacs :lol:

As for the U.S. Open... yes, it is a bummer all the rain - nice here though - FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My game has been sporadic though :)

hurleyfan
06-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Still raining here.. I have standing water in my yard! Never before..

MJZiggy
06-21-2009, 01:33 PM

It's just a sign that New York is finally sinking as the crazy folks in SoHo always said it would...

And for wist, they would smell like LAVENDER. Lilacs are my favorite flower. Please don't give them off to the French...they can't even grow them properly there.

Oh. right. golf. Lions. Why not. The Lions DO play football as if they spend all their practice time on the golf course...Maybe they golf with Ogilvy?

wist43
06-21-2009, 03:33 PM

It's just a sign that New York is finally sinking as the crazy folks in SoHo always said it would...

And for wist, they would smell like LAVENDER. Lilacs are my favorite flower. Please don't give them off to the French...they can't even grow them properly there.

Oh. right. golf. Lions. Why not. The Lions DO play football as if they spend all their practice time on the golf course...Maybe they golf with Ogilvy?

I confess... I couldn't tell you the difference between Lilac and Lavender - and even if i could, I'd lie, lest I lose my man-card :D

woodbuck27
06-22-2009, 03:34 PM
That was quite a test and a close finish:

Lucas Glover Player Bio ROUND: 1 2 3 4 TOTAL
SCORES: 69 64 70 73 276 L. Glover -4 - THE WINNER.

Phil Mickelson Player Bio ROUND: 1 2 3 4 TOTAL
SCORES: 69 70 69 70 278 P. Mickelson -2

David Duval Player Bio ROUND: 1 2 3 4 TOTAL
SCORES: 67 70 70 71 278 D. Duval-2

Ricky Barnes Player Bio ROUND: 1 2 3 4 TOTAL
SCORES: 67 65 70 76 278 R. Barnes-2

Ross Fisher Player Bio ROUND: 1 2 3 4 TOTAL
SCORES: 70 68 69 72 279 R. Fisher-1

Tiger Woods Player Bio ROUND: 1 2 3 4 TOTAL
SCORES: 74 69 68 69 280 T. Woods E

Bossman641
06-22-2009, 03:37 PM
So happy for Duval. He was my favorite player years ago and it's been a shame to see him struggle the way he has. Was hoping he could somehow pull off the miraculous win, but hopefully this serves as a springboard for him to get back to being in the hunt regularly. He has some serious talent.

MJZiggy
06-22-2009, 10:12 PM

I confess... I couldn't tell you the difference between Lilac and Lavender - and even if i could, I'd lie, lest I lose my man-card :D

These things are what you have us for, dear.