PDA

View Full Version : African Safari, has anyone done it?

Patler
06-23-2009, 02:43 PM
I am contemplating a 2 week trip to Tanzania during early February, which is supposed to coincide with the Great Migration in the Serengeti. Has anyone done it? Any suggestions, cautions, warnings, etc? Did you see as much as the promoters claim you will?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-23-2009, 02:51 PM
I am contemplating a 2 week trip to Tanzania during early February, which is supposed to coincide with the Great Migration in the Serengeti. Has anyone done it? Any suggestions, cautions, warnings, etc? Did you see as much as the promoters claim you will?

I haven't, but my folks have. They had no complaints.

Warnings: Tanzania is cowboys country...dont' wear any green and gold. :wink:

Patler
06-23-2009, 02:58 PM

:lol: Luckily, I own not one piece of Packer apparel!

Scott Campbell
06-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Sounds epic. Are you going to share pictures?

packinpatland
06-23-2009, 03:06 PM

I just emailed a friend in the UK who recently came back from her 3rd or 4th trip. I'll send you any and all info she forwards.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-23-2009, 03:10 PM

:lol: Luckily, I own not one piece of Packer apparel!

Just checked the state department...apparently the favre situation has sparked a bloody civil war in Tanzania.

Patler
06-23-2009, 03:24 PM

I just emailed a friend in the UK who recently came back from her 3rd or 4th trip. I'll send you any and all info she forwards.

Thanks! That would be great!

packinpatland
06-23-2009, 03:48 PM
I sent you a PM......

FavreChild
06-23-2009, 06:39 PM
My dream vacation...you MUST go, Patler.

'Course Patler always makes a well-informed decision. :wink:

Joemailman
06-23-2009, 06:58 PM
I love Taz the Tasmanian Devil. Oh wait...

http://www.britannica.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/taz1.gif

MJZiggy
06-23-2009, 07:11 PM
My in-laws (who LOVE Africa) have been a few times--like it well enough to once plan a trip with a few family members. They brought back some very cool pictures.

Little Whiskey
06-23-2009, 07:17 PM
My suggestion would be to bring a big gun and plenty of ammo. you are going hunting.....right? bag the big 5?

Patler
06-23-2009, 09:32 PM
My suggestion would be to bring a big gun and plenty of ammo. you are going hunting.....right? bag the big 5?

Naw, my killing days were over a long, long time ago, for many reasons. Now I stalk and observe, unarmed.

Scott Campbell
06-23-2009, 09:34 PM

Naw, my killing days were over a long, long time ago, for many reasons. Now I stalk and observe, unarmed.

Like hell. You're lethal with those Packer stats.

Patler
06-23-2009, 09:37 PM
My dream vacation...you MUST go, Patler.

'Course Patler always makes a well-informed decision. :wink:

Which is why I came here for information!
It's looking like a "go". Should know within a month or so.

Patler
06-23-2009, 09:38 PM

Like hell. You're lethal with those Packer stats.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Little Whiskey
06-23-2009, 09:41 PM

to each his own.

Patler
06-23-2009, 09:47 PM

to each his own.

Yup. I have no problems with hunters, was one myself for quite a while. Situations and people change.

Little Whiskey
06-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Yup. I have no problems with hunters, was one myself for quite a while. Situations and people change.

I don't know how you quiet that urge. I see a lake, stream or field and I'm thinking about shooting lanes or how I would get a lure under the tree limb. every time. must have been a pretty serious situation. sorry about that.