PDA

View Full Version : How much have you paid to watch the Packers play?

GrnBay007
06-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Thought it would be interesting to see the most the Packer faithful have paid to see the team play. :D

Post the game/year too if you remember.

I paid $200 to see the Packer/Titan game in 2004 MNF. 48-27 Packers lost. :( In trying to make me feel better my bro said at least we got to see a very high scoring game.

The bars were still fun afterward though...lol

**Darn, meant to make one of the options "never been to a game" and forgot.

cpk1994
06-23-2009, 08:09 PM
1994 vs. Miami at Milwaukee County Stadium. Also saw many Packer-Viking games at the metrodump as a kid. That place was terrible then.

MJZiggy
06-23-2009, 08:16 PM
I can't remember, but that first posters game against the Bears was stinkin' expensive! Tar, you remember?

Scott Campbell
06-23-2009, 08:29 PM
You're missing an option 007 - free.

I've been on the expense account every time I've attended.

MJZiggy
06-23-2009, 09:01 PM

Bastard!! Take me next time!!

Scott Campbell
06-23-2009, 09:12 PM

Bastard!! Take me next time!!

It's probably why I haven't been to a game in nearly 7 years.

Living in Utah......well, you know the drill.

MJZiggy
06-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Living in Utah......well, you know the drill.

Leave your wives out of this.

Brando19
06-23-2009, 09:22 PM
I paid $500 for 50 yard line seats (few rows back behind Packers bench). I think it was October 3, 2005 at Carolina....Packers at Panthers MNF. Packers lost 32-29...Favre had 4 TD's.
I paid $250 for front row...right beside the Packers bench at the season opener 2006 at Lambeau. The Bears blew the Packers out 27-0.

MJZiggy
06-23-2009, 09:35 PM
I paid $500 for 50 yard line seats (few rows back behind Packers bench). I think it was October 3, 2005 at Carolina....Packers at Panthers MNF. Packers lost 32-29...Favre had 4 TD's.
I paid $250 for front row...right beside the Packers bench at the season opener 2006 at Lambeau. The Bears blew the Packers out 27-0.

Please don't buy good seats anymore.

arcilite
06-23-2009, 09:36 PM
I've never been to a game

Scott Campbell
06-23-2009, 09:36 PM

Pilgrimage time.

Brando19
06-23-2009, 09:39 PM

Please don't buy good seats anymore.

I should clarify....$500 was for 2 seats in Carolina....the Bears/Packers game was $250 a seat...so I paid $250 a seat for both games.

MJZiggy
06-23-2009, 09:44 PM
And they lost both games. Back to the 400 section for you, buddy!!! :mrgreen:

gex
06-23-2009, 09:58 PM
What?
No one has friends/relatives with season tickets? I get offered to go to several games a year from a few different people with season tickets. Always at face value or free.(If free I'll spring for the beer and gas)
I have turned down many chances to go because of time constraints/family/work or would rather just watch the game from the comforts of my home while tracking my fantasy teams lol(such a stat nerd) :lol:

GrnBay007
06-23-2009, 10:01 PM

Oops! I forgot about the elite!

:P

Joemailman
06-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Was lucky enough to have tickets for the Super Bowl win in New Orleans. Don't remember what they cost, but it was a bunch. Worth every dollar though.

Little Whiskey
06-23-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm with gex. I've never paid more than face for my tix. I usually only go to one game a year. too long of a drive and I've got a better view from my couch.

Scott Campbell
06-23-2009, 10:31 PM

Oops! I forgot about the elite!

:P

I suspect that corporate tix are going to be much harder to come by for a while.

oregonpackfan
06-23-2009, 10:45 PM

Every Packer fan needs to go to at least one Packer game in his(her) lifetime.

If you can't go to a game, at least go to Lambeau and take a tour of the Stadium.

At a family reunion in Sheboygan last summer, I took my wife and daughters to Lambeau. Months in advance of the reunion, the girls scoffed at the idea of going to Lambeau.

In the spring, my college aged daughter(at Pacific Lutheran) shared at a party that she was going to Wisconsin for a family reunion but did not want to travel up to Lambeau Field. Unfortunately for her, the party had about half a dozen of PLU's football players(Division III). They immediately crowded around her and urged her to go.

One player even grabbed her cell phone and called me. "Hey, Mr. G. This is Greg. You remember me, right? I'm the accounting major at PLU who plays left guard. Your daughter says she doesn't want to go to Lambeau this summer. Take me, instead! I promise not to eat so much this time!" :) (My daughter brought him and several classmates home one time. Like a lot of 20 year old offensive linemen, the guy ate like a starving Belgian Draft horse) :lol:

Driving into Green Bay they were shocked at how small a city Green Bay turned out to be. I told the girls, "Yep, not only is Green Bay about 1/5th the size of Portland, it is even smaller than Salem and Eugene. Yet it has the most storied franchise in the NFL."

The tour was impressive(I had done it before at the PR poster's game with MJZiggy and Tarlam). The girls even shopped for a number of items to take home to their friends. My Raiders fan daughter(damn West Coast influence) even bought herself a hoodie with "Lambeau Field" on it.

So go to a game, or at least, go to Lambeau some day.

Scott Campbell
06-23-2009, 10:50 PM
And on the tour you get to do something you can't do on game day - walking out of the tunnel. Talk about goosebumps.

oregonpackfan
06-23-2009, 10:58 PM
And on the tour you get to do something you can't do on game day - walking out of the tunnel. Talk about goosebumps.

What adds to the goosebumps is their playing an audio tape of the crowd cheering you! 8-)

ThunderDan
06-24-2009, 08:09 AM
My in-laws have Gold package season tickets. So I get to go to one game for free every year. They "won" the playoff lottery so we got to go to the Packer/Seahag game two years ago. I had to pay my in-laws face value for those tickets.

My wife, before she met me, got to go to the Packer/Broncos Superbowl in San Diego when the family "won" the lottery again.

On a side note, my brother in-law is moving to N. Carolina so that will get me to one more game every other year.

Scott Campbell
06-24-2009, 08:10 AM

What adds to the goosebumps is their playing an audio tape of the crowd cheering you! 8-)

You must have paid extra. On my tour they boo'd.

hoosier
06-24-2009, 08:22 AM
My in-laws have Gold package season tickets. So I get to go to one game for free every year. They "won" the playoff lottery so we got to go to the Packer/Seahag game two years ago. I had to pay my in-laws face value for those tickets.

My wife, before she met me, got to go to the Packer/Broncos Superbowl in San Diego when the family "won" the lottery again.

On a side note, my brother in-law is moving to N. Carolina so that will get me to one more game every other year.

Anyone else in the family you can relocate? :lol:

GrnBay007
06-24-2009, 08:28 AM

....or does she have any single brothers? :P :wink:

ThunderDan
06-24-2009, 08:59 AM

Actual, it's kind of a weird dynamic. My in-laws have 3 kids. Each kid gets one game if they want it. We rotate years on picking games. My brother in-law is a huge Packer fan but my sister in-law isn't. She likes the Pack but doesn't really care. She grabs her game because she doesn't want to feel left out.

So, my wife and I try to play the "we will take the tickets if no one wants them " game and then my sister in-law doesn't want her yearly game because we aren't interested. :oops: With the brother in-law gone we will get an extra game every other year and if we play our cards right we might get all three games every year.

ThunderDan
06-24-2009, 09:01 AM

....or does she have any single brothers? :P :wink:

Sorry, no single brothers. I'll keep looking. :lol:

hoosier
06-24-2009, 09:15 AM

Actual, it's kind of a weird dynamic. My in-laws have 3 kids. Each kid gets one game if they want it. We rotate years on picking games. My brother in-law is a huge Packer fan but my sister in-law isn't. She likes the Pack but doesn't really care. She grabs her game because she doesn't want to feel left out.

So, my wife and I try to play the "we will take the tickets if no one wants them " game and then my sister in-law doesn't want her yearly game because we aren't interested. :oops: With the brother in-law gone we will get an extra game every other year and if we play our cards right we might get all three games every year.

Good, reverse psychology works with the sister-in-law. It sounds like the brother-in-law, on the other hand, is going to require something more direct, an offer he can't refuse. :lol:

AtlPackFan
06-24-2009, 11:22 AM
My 2 sons and I are doing a pilgrimage this fall to a Brewer game at Miller park on a Friday night against Houston and a Packers Sunday at Lambeau against the Bungals.

None of us have ever been to Miller Park. Everytime we have come up to Wisconsin to visit relatives, our schedule has been so tight we haven't been able to make a game.

I haven't been to Lambeau since the Packers/Giants game where Dan Devine broke his leg...and they lost 42-40. My oldest son was at a game before we moved to Atlanta in '95. My youngest son has never been to a game but he was just up in Green Bay on business and was given the tour along with coming out of the tunnel with the crowd cheering.

We paid about $225 per ticket for the Bungals game. Seats are about the 10 yard line.

packinpatland
06-24-2009, 11:27 AM

I agree Scott........that really is a 'goosebumps' moment.

For the Bear PR game in 2007 I paid close to $300 (x2)......we were 4 rows up about the 5-10 yard line near the tunnel.

'Nice clip board Rex', spelled out by the UW tuba players helped make the loss bearable (no pun intended)

Brando19
06-24-2009, 04:01 PM
And they lost both games. Back to the 400 section for you, buddy!!! :mrgreen:

No doubt. I've been to a few NBA games (4 at Charlotte, 1 at Washington) and the team I like has only one once. I guess I'm bad luck. Hopefully that will end in 2010 when the Packers go back to Charlotte. I may try to attend the Vikings/Panthers game if Favre signs so I can wear a cheesehead and boo the piss out of him.

Brando19
06-24-2009, 04:02 PM

You must have paid extra. On my tour they boo'd.

On my tour they didn't boo or cheer. But... we did get to see Aaron Kampman on the field running a few laps and doing some stretches. Everyone thought it was Favre at first and you could hear a pin drop.

Joemailman
06-24-2009, 06:57 PM
If there is going to be a Poster's game this year, we may have to do this poll over. Starting price for November 1 game are now over $300.

Freak Out
06-24-2009, 07:24 PM
I f I remember correctly I paid around $130 for the ticket one of our fantastic posters got for me. :) The Pack lost to the damn Falcons but I will always be grateful for the help.

:worship:

Pugger
06-25-2009, 11:07 AM
My hubby and I have season tix but my sister uses them now that we live in FL. We're staying at UWGB for a few weeks this summer and a neighbor of ours in FL is coming in 2 weeks for a Lambeau pilgrimage! He is originally from CT so he is all excited. It will be fun to show him all the sights! :D

jpompo
06-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Season tickets to both Green and Gold package games so never over face for a home game, but I paid about 40 over face each for the girlfriend and I to go to the Bears game 2 seasons ago. I've never been in a hurricane but I can now imagine what it would be like.

Pacopete4
06-25-2009, 03:03 PM
I see we have a lotta big spenders on the boards :lol:

Gunakor
06-25-2009, 04:11 PM
My grandfather had season tickets, and was allegedly going to give them to my dad when he passed away. But that was never included in his will, so they just went back into the pool for the next names on the list. My father is livid about it to this day.

Packers vs. Bears, Dec. 25, 2005. Green Bay is 3-11, Chicago is well on their way to a Super Bowl. Still had to pay $265 per. Even on Christmas Night. Ridiculous.

sheepshead
06-25-2009, 04:54 PM
NFC Championship game--ouch.

CaptainKickass
06-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Lets see....

Growing up my best friend's grandparents had season tix - he and I would get the kick down for free once a year, twice if we were lucky. We of course had to shell out for gas/tailgate etc.

Since I moved to the west coast -

Got tix to that `Seahawk/Packer snow bowl game that we lost - from a buddy whose boss has Seattle season tix 'bout 4 rows up, 50 yd line of the away team's sideline - I posted a pic or 2 from that game on here. Price = free tix. Paid for my bro's drinks all night as a token of appreciation.

A ladyfriend of mine bought and paid for a whole package deal through Packerfan Tours to see the opening regular season game VS the Loins (misspelled on purpose) on September 9th 2001. We stayed Sat Sun and left Monday night. Much to my surprise I awoke to her clammoring about something on the news about the world trade center on Tuesday morning. Made it a surreal experience for sure.
Total Cost = 1645.00 for two tickets 'bout 8 rows up on the 50 yard line, roundtrip airfare for two, hotel for 2 nights at whatever their calling the old Holiday Inn (I believe?) with the Irish Pub in the lobby. A "welcome" reception in the aforementioned Irish Pub in the lobby which included a couple free drink tickets and some raffle prizes etc. Plus - the free tailgate party/bbq in the morning before the game plus shuttle to and from. I remember that clearly as they had giant buckets with spigots on the bottom that contained screwdrivers (Vodka & Orange Juice - not actual screwdrivers). To show my appreciation - I took her to the BF Steakhouse and blew mega-cash on the meal and expensive wine.

Also -

A friend of mine from the Seattle had never been to another NFL stadium. I convinced him to go to Green Bay for the Seahawks/Packers game on New Years - Jan 1 2006. We paid about $1100.00/each for almost the same exact deal as above through the same place.
I never got to thank the 2 hottie bartender ladies and the manager dude, at the aformentioned Irish Pub in the lobby - for making absolutely certain that my friend was extremely hungover for the game the next day - thanks to their generousity with the "Irish Car Bomb" and of course my "lie of omission" where I somehow "forgot" to mention to my friend that bars stay open until "whenever" on New Years Eve in WI. :twisted:

So - yeah - because of cost, I don't make it to see the games very often. But every now and again - it's totally worthwhile.

The Captain

SnakeLH2006
06-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Where's the no money link? Snake has been to prob. 10 Packer games, and didn't pay for one. I would pay, but money is tight and free is better than paying.

GrnBay007
06-27-2009, 02:59 AM
Where's the no money link? Snake has been to prob. 10 Packer games, and didn't pay for one. I would pay, but money is tight and free is better than paying.

I forgot to make a "spoiled brat freebie" choice! :P

KYPack
06-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Um, Snake?

You didn't come in drunk on Friday night and make a bunch of posts on Packer Rats, didja?

Again?

GrnBay007
06-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Um, Snake?

You didn't come in drunk on Friday night and make a bunch of posts on Packer Rats, didja?

Looks like the 7 was out later than the Snake last night......those young pups have a tough time keeping up sometimes! :P :wink:
Wasn't drunk though....I think he'd win that contest.

SnakeLH2006
06-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Um, Snake?

Looks like the 7 was out later than the Snake last night......those young pups have a tough time keeping up sometimes! :P :wink:
Wasn't drunk though....I think he'd win that contest.

LOL. No really, been to several Pack games. Had family members with free tix. Went on birthdays as gifts. Surprises from g-friends. Won tix once in a contest. Went with buddies (although I supplied beer,brats). So all in all, nope haven't yet had to pay for tix. Although, I would at a reasonable price, lol.