PDA

View Full Version : Hey OPF!

packinpatland
06-23-2009, 08:10 PM
The Ducks are molting again.........

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Molting-season-is-here-again-in-Oregon?urn=ncaaf,172251

MJZiggy
06-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Not their best look. I think I'd have preferred they kept to the colors at least. OPF, I still can't see an Oregon cap without thinking of you as our "beacon of recognition" for Mad. We'd still be looking for each other if not for that hat!

oregonpackfan
06-23-2009, 10:21 PM
There have been a few articles the past couple of years about Nike's extravagant expenditures for the Ducks' football uniforms. A gallon of the shiny green paint for the helmets costs over $600 a gallon!

The article relates how in 2006, the football team had 384 different uniform combinations!

For those who don't know Nike's connection to the UO, Nike co-founder Phil Knight is a graduate of UO. He attended the University on a track scholarship.
He has personally donated tens of millions of dollars to the UO athletic department.

Oregon State is in Corvallis, just 40 miles away from Eugene. Though Nike designs their uniforms, the Beavers' selection is quite limited compared to the Ducks'