PDA

View Full Version : USA Soccer & Wisconsin's Jay DeMerit

HarveyWallbangers
06-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Monumental upset and Wisconsin's own, Jay DeMerit, had a huge hand in the victory. You could even argue he was the Man of the Match--although I'd give the nod to Landycakes (he really played a brilliant game) with Howard (flawless--except for his free kicks), Onyewu (dude was a wall), DeMerit, and perhaps Clint Dempsey close behind.

This link has an youtube interview with Jay.

http://goal.com/en-us/news/1679/us-national-team/2009/06/23/1341814/you-asked-part-ii-us-defender-jay-demerit-on-rossi-and

In Part II of our exclusive “You Asked?” feature, Demerit speaks about Giuseppe Rossi’s decision to play for Italy, the fate of Watford under a new manager, and how a devoted Green Bay Packers fan feels about Brett Favre’s signing with the Minnesota Vikings.

“Obviously, a little bit of natural disappointment from Green Bay fans, that’s for sure,” the Wisconsin native said.

Freak Out
06-25-2009, 12:07 PM
They played amazing defense...it was the perfect game plan and then execution to beat Spain...rough them up and get them off their game. The Spanish players were throwing their arms up crying for calls all day. There was an absolutely ridiculous red card against Bradley that should get overturned as well.

Freak Out
06-29-2009, 12:18 AM
The US had another chance to shock the world but blew it in the 2nd half against Brazil...well blew it might be harsh because Brazil is the better team without a doubt but shit..2 goals is tough for anybody to overcome. Great defense in the first half by the US..but in the 2nd the Brazilians showed why they will probably be favored to win the World Cup again.

Hats off to our boys though....well done. :flag:

HarveyWallbangers
06-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Good start. Brazil is class though. I think we ran out of gas in the end. We didn't use our bench much, for good reason. Good tournament. Not great, but good.

I watched every game, and I'd judge us like this:

Italy: 1st half - good; 2nd half - poor (but it was 10 on 11)
Brazil: poor
Egypt: good
Spain: good
Brazil: 1st half - good; 2nd half - poor

We seem to be out of the funk we've been in late in the qualifiers. Our next meaningful match is at Azteca. It's a tough place. We've never won there and only tied there once. It's high altitude and high pollution. We are sending our B team to the Gold Cup.

Freak Out
06-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Good start. Brazil is class though. I think we ran out of gas in the end. We didn't use our bench much, for good reason. Good tournament. Not great, but good.

I watched every game, and I'd judge us like this:

Italy: 1st half - good; 2nd half - poor (but it was 10 on 11)
Brazil: poor
Egypt: good
Spain: good
Brazil: 1st half - good; 2nd half - poor

We seem to be out of the funk we've been in late in the qualifiers. Our next meaningful match is at Azteca. It's a tough place. We've never won there and only tied there once. It's high altitude and high pollution. We are sending our B team to the Gold Cup.

I would love to see the US beat Mexico in Azteca...the carnage after the game would be epic!

Freak Out
07-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Now I miss ESPN.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=661288&sec=europe&campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=4716

There is a taproom close where I can watch the "Old Firm" game now.

Fuck the pope.

Freak Out
08-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Fuck!