PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Collins isn't SELFISH like Favre!!

MadtownPacker
04-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Link (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9355639)

A QB READY TO RETIRE
While attention is focused on Favre, the quarterback most likely to retire is former Oakland Raiders signal caller Kerry Collins.

Kerry Collins apparently would rather watch games on TV than from the sidelines.
Those who know Collins say he is seriously considering retirement, and it would not be surprising if he never played another down in the NFL.

Having made the money he has over 12 seasons in Carolina, New Orleans, New York and Oakland, Collins doesn't have the burning desire to play football the way he once might have.

The only team that has spoken with him about the possibility of playing for it this season is the Baltimore Ravens. But the Ravens aren't offering Collins, 33, Collins enough money right now to make it worth his while.

If a more lucrative offer doesn't materialize -- and it doesn't look like it will -- Collins is finished with football.

Wow, he will only play for cash? I wish Favre was more like him and not sooo selfish to want his team to improve.

Rastak
04-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Link (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9355639)

A QB READY TO RETIRE
While attention is focused on Favre, the quarterback most likely to retire is former Oakland Raiders signal caller Kerry Collins.

Kerry Collins apparently would rather watch games on TV than from the sidelines.
Those who know Collins say he is seriously considering retirement, and it would not be surprising if he never played another down in the NFL.

Having made the money he has over 12 seasons in Carolina, New Orleans, New York and Oakland, Collins doesn't have the burning desire to play football the way he once might have.

The only team that has spoken with him about the possibility of playing for it this season is the Baltimore Ravens. But the Ravens aren't offering Collins, 33, Collins enough money right now to make it worth his while.

If a more lucrative offer doesn't materialize -- and it doesn't look like it will -- Collins is finished with football.

Wow, he will only play for cash? I wish Favre was more like him and not sooo selfish to want his team to improve.

He's a free agent....that's what they do, go look for money. Favre is under contract and a leader on the team. I'm not sure saying "I'll see if you guys are any good before I decide to report" is the exact same thing Mad. I guess if he wouldn't have said anything to anyone except "I haven't decided if I want to retire" most of the critisism wouldn't be warrented IMHO.

billy_oliver880
04-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Collins sucks though. Honestly who cares?

MadtownPacker
04-06-2006, 09:16 AM

WAY better point then Rastak!! :wink:

woodbuck27
04-06-2006, 09:39 AM
The problem isn't Favre and winning. . .it's winning with Favre.

If he comes back I'm picturing it.He toss's a pick in the first quarter and gets yanked and in comes Aaron OUR future.Aaron trots on and off the field and every once in awhile he does something encouraging but maan I can't get this picture out of my head of the QB pressure and. .

WHAM!!!!*&$%#!!*^ and FUMBLE and TD - " the other guy's."

The camera's pan to Brett Favre's position on a bench with a beard on his face and that frustrated look. You can see the clear pain and that scenario goes on till Seasons end!??

Brett Favre would serve himself and his most loyal fans very well if he walked away NOW !

Dam that shaft in Green Bay looks long and sharp and really threatening.

beakerman
04-06-2006, 10:01 AM
If Collins retired, who would miss him? seriously?

billy_oliver880
04-06-2006, 10:49 AM

WAY better point then Rastak!! :wink:

Sorry just thought you would like to know my opinion. :lol:

Chubbyhubby
04-06-2006, 11:06 AM
INMO if Favre does return he will start all 16 games like last year and will play all the downs like last year. Nothing is going to change from last year. I know he is not playing for personal records BUT.... if he does return next year and will be his last, Favre got a shot at breaking several records and even if the Packers stumble next year and play sub .500 football he will leave the NFL with several records to his name.

PS I hope the Pack address the OL in the draft because they really weak in that area.